Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Rise Of The Villains: The Son Of Gotham

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Tabitha had better be dead next episode! Nobody attacks Alfred and gets away with it!

Not sure if I like things getting more supernatural, but I loved Bruce and Selina outsmarting Silver. Also Selina's response to Bruce's declaration of love? "I'm gonna steal one of your cars." Oh those two...

• Love 13

There goes the Batman I want to see.

I enjoyed this a lot. I'm glad Selina and Harvey got more to do this week. They make this a better show, the really do.

No one died this week, I'm very surprised, but in a good way.

So here's the thing, I thought I'd like the Edward becomes crazy thing, but I feel like it's actually dragging a little bit. I would rather stick with the main story.

• Love 3

Monks, perjury and roommates from hell? Must be Monday.

How crestfallen will Bruce be once he discovers Moses Malone died months ago? Kidding, kidding . . . I recognize the canon. Interesting twist if the show decides to stay with it. And how badass was Bruce in manipulating Silver? He'll probably squeal like a pig with Theo, but the kid showed serious balls.

Poor Jim . . . Mayor Bing Bong sold him out, and Theo did everything short of pissing on his shoes. He deserves a win, even with the kvetching about letting Flamingo live.

Anybody else wonder if Alfred used Venusian Aikido against Tabitha? I'm sorry . ..  it's been over a year, and the resemblance between Sean Pertwee and his father is still uncanny.

• Love 6

I loved the team up of Baby Batman and Baby Catwoman. I loved Bruce outsmarting Silver; I take it that this is a preface to his future self.

Omg, Nobody loves Jim but Lee! That was hard to watch at the end. I guess Penguin doesn't like Jim anymore.

Poor Alfred!! I wasn't mad that he was punching Tabitha considering her craze pleasure in killing people.

Next week is going to be EPIC.

• Love 2

Testing

OK, that was weird; it wouldn't let me post before.

OK, every time Galavan talks about his family and says "We built this city...." I just have to mentally tack on "♪♫...on Rock and Roll! ♪♫"

Was his original family name Dumas?  Because when they talk about the Order of St. Dumas, all I can hear is "I can bring a lot to the order of St. Dum-Ass.  I'm real Dum-Ass material, all the way!"

Since they're penitents, they could have been named for St. Dismas (he was the Penitent Thief who was crucified with Jesus.)

But yay on Bruce faking out Silver that way!  There's the Bat-Boy we're looking for!  And I sure hope Alfred is OK.

No one died this week, I'm very surprised, but in a good way.

ETA:  Well, nobody important, anyway.  Anonymous purse-snatcher & the thug in the sewer.

Edited by The Wild Sow
  • Love 1

Under all the fancy manners and swag, Theo can throw dem hands.

Nice seeing SOA's Tommy Flannagan on Gotham.

Knew that was Tommy Flanagan!! - love that guy and sorry Silver, but he's really a cutie! And when my hair goes grey, I want a white stripe in the middle too!!

Really entertaining episode I have to say. Selina and Bruce working together to play Silver was a thing of beauty. And we are really starting to see shades of the eventual Batman/Playboy Bruce Wayne coming through. Good job, David Mazouz, cause you know, he's still a kid, but dammit, you can see it. Same with Camren Bicondova - these kids are good.

Oh Jim - can Gotham give this man a break? I don't think this guys got a day off to recover from any of the beatings he's received and there have been many beatings. Dude should be dead by now, or he drinks lots of milk, because he should have several broken bones now.

Alfred fighting Tabitha was a thing of beauty too. He'll be fine, the knife went into this shoulder blade. He's undefeatable, just as Bruce Wayne is (and Jim Gordon). I like that with this version of Alfred, you can totally see how he would train an adult or soon to be adult Bruce.

I really need Galavan to suffer and die, please.

I cannot believe that Miss Kringle's workplace (and Leigh) isn't wondering more where the heck their employee is. Oh, and Miss Kringle's family?

Oh, and Bullock is everything. Everything....

Next week is going to be insane. I actually thought this episode was the mid-season finale, so knowing there is one next week makes me happy! This show is nuts!

• Love 4

I cannot believe that Miss Kringle's workplace (and Leigh) isn't wondering more where the heck their employee is. Oh, and Miss Kringle's family?

I'm sure Miss Kringle's family is extra busy this time of year!

Alfred fighting Tabitha was much better than taking on Selina! She and Bruce impressed me with tarnishing the Silver! In this case, Bruce's lack of obvious cunning worked in his favor. No one would have thought he'd orchestrated that!

Not surprising? Theo getting off. But I like the ties to Downtown Abbey!

• Love 1

So where are all the kids who complained about Bruce being an idiot last week? Are you ever going to give this show its due?

That Batcat scene this episode was the most marvellous thing ever. That's the first time we've ever seen Selina be insecure around him.

• Love 6

Yasssss, that was some real chemistry between Bruce and Selina. Finally. I really enjoyed Bruce and Silver, too actually. His reveal of the fake-out, her begging him not to walk away, him giving zero fucks. Loved it.

Don't love the monks, though.  Kind of boring. Shades of GoT.  Also making me think of BtVS for some reason.

That was hard to watch at the end. I guess Penguin doesn't like Jim anymore

I don't think like or dislike is a thing for him anymore. I think his hatred has consumed him. He was a bit of an anti-hero for the first season, not a fully formed villain, yet. Humanized by his love for his mother, bullied by bigger baddies etc ... but now he's finally gone full Penguin. 

• Love 1

Good news: Bruce stepped it up big time and outplayed Silver's sorry, sneaky ass.  That was beautiful to watch.  Good job, Batkid!  And the scene with him and Selina was great.  Really need more of those two together.

Bad news: Jim continues to be a short-sighted hothead, who allowed Theo to goad him into assaulting him in front of everyone (Gotham may be lax on police brutality, but even that's going get you some disciplinary charges, Jim), and allowing himself to get captured.  That goes along with him going against orders again (come one, Barnes.  Might be time to be less Commish and more Vic Mackey), and pushing Leslie away (telling you, Lee.  Give Alfred a try.)  He's going to have to really get his shit together if he is ever going to be the Commissioner in the future.

At least Theo has the self-awareness to acknowledge that blood sacrifices are a bit goofy.

Alfred vs. Tabitha was pretty awesome.  Even thought it ended with a wounded Alfred limping away, it was fun watching Tabitha loose some of her smugness, once she realized she actually had a challenge on her hands for once.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but since Jim continues to charge in headfirst, it looks like Oswald might have just become the hero Gotham needs right now.  Next week's unholy alliance of hell should be fun.

• Love 2

That's the baby Bat I've been waiting to see. "That's what you think" and he said it so proud. He knows he's getting the hang of this double persona thing. It's amazing having such a talented young actor play Bats, one of the winning aspects of this show.

Flustered Selina was too cute. BatCat brought it home.  

Tabitha had better be dead next episode! Nobody attacks Alfred and gets away with it!

Pass. Fun as it was, I'm happy Tigress got the upper hand. And I'd much rather we don't lose the only WoC regular on the show (and of 4 women with over 10 white male regulars). No doubt Alfred has survived worse.

• Love 1

Oh my baby is growing up! And getting his swag on. There's less time than we thought before we get the "man" in Batman. Even managed to fluster Cat which is cool!

In other news Jim means well but he's slow on the uptake. Lee can do better. I am a tad uncomfortable with how much Alfred is assaulting females this season. But i'm fin with the Tabitha takedown. I hate her and hope she dies soon.

• Love 2

Liked this one. Bruce and Selina teaming up to trick Silver was actually pretty clever and fairly paid off. I think this might have been one of the best episodes with those two.

Gordon's stupidity continues to be a thing that he allowed Theo to needle him and then got the crap kicked out of him too. He really needs to start getting smarter now.

Oswald and Nygma still have some good moments even if they were few in this one. Nygma's drawing attention to himself though.

Loved the Tabitha and Alfred face off. That was a great scene.

At least this Brotherhood plot will be done with by next week, 7/10

So where are all the kids who complained about Bruce being an idiot last week? Are you ever going to give this show its due?

That Batcat scene this episode was the most marvellous thing ever. That's the first time we've ever seen Selina be insecure around him.

He's an idiot because he didn't let Alfred in on it. At least leave a note at Stately Wayne Manor like "After school, I'll help you polish the silver. Peace out. Bruce."  So Alfred gets shanked while looking for that little fart. And Bruce is all by his lonesome when Theo shows up.

• Love 3

Bad: FOX promos last week revealing that Theo gets off and Jim punches him. Surprised that didn't reveal Rosebud was the sled.

GREAT: Bruce's con. I was thinking it was Silver's con for Bruce to give up Wayne Enterprises, but THAT was a thing of beauty.

Good thing next week is the Fall Finale (and maybe the half-season arc finale?) I think Alfred's hit his deductible for the year.

And Jim has a full operational and pissed-off Penguin at his disposal.

What I thought was fun was the "Bat kid" story line was kind of self-contained and so we had Bruce working with Selina, who is also of his age, pulling a scam on Silver, who is another cohort. It was like Gotham: The Junior Edition.

I didn't catch all of what Bruce said to Selina at the end, so I'll have to check that out somehow.

• Love 1

He's an idiot because he didn't let Alfred in on it. At least leave a note at Stately Wayne Manor like "After school, I'll help you polish the silver. Peace out. Bruce."  So Alfred gets shanked while looking for that little fart. And Bruce is all by his lonesome when Theo shows up.

Yeah, you're just reaching now. This is on the level of "how did Tabitha miss the shot on Penguin, so bad writing, <insert line about "problematic treatment of women of color" here>". This is a cartoon show. She misses for dramatic effect. You can find a thousand points to nitpick on a show like this and it's pointless.

Same with Bruce and Alfred. He doesn't tell Alfred, and of course he could have left a note saying "I know you won't like it but I'm off with Selina until tonight", but then Alfred wouldn't have gone looking for him, and he wouldn't have met Tabitha for that fight, and Bruce wouldn't have gotten kidnapped so easily, and those were all things the show wanted to happen. No, it doesn't make one hundred percent sense. That doesn't make it bad television. In fact it makes it great television.

In other news this is batcat paradise. I've died and gone to batcat heaven.

Edited by Telepath
  • Love 4

Yeah, you're just reaching now. This is on the level of "how did Tabitha miss the shot on Penguin, so bad writing, <insert line about "problematic treatment of women of color" here>". This is a cartoon show. She misses for dramatic effect. You can find a thousand points to nitpick on a show like this and it's pointless.

Same with Bruce and Alfred. He doesn't tell Alfred, and of course he could have left a note saying "I know you won't like it but I'm off with Selina until tonight", but then Alfred wouldn't have gone looking for him, and he wouldn't have met Tabitha for that fight, and Bruce wouldn't have gotten kidnapped so easily, and those were all things the show wanted to happen. No, it doesn't make one hundred percent sense. That doesn't make it bad television. In fact it makes it great television.

In other news this is batcat paradise. I've died and gone to batcat heaven.

It makes this predictable television. I don't expect this to be on par with something as cheese-tastic as Empire. But I do expect it to be less predictable.

Could someone make a GIF of Alfred reaching up and grabbing the end of Tabitha's whip with one hand???? And was his back to her? Regardless, that was THE best moment of the whole episode for me. Alfred may not be perfect 100% of the time, but man, when he's good, he's GOOD. I was sickened to see him fall into the back of the garbage truck with a knife in him. I know he won't die, but still - I can't stand to see anything bad happen to him, just as I hate seeing Dembe get hurt on 'The Blacklist.'

Loved Selena and Bruce working together. That was an elaborate scam but it worked perfectly. Screw you, Silver!!

Edited to add: I loved Penguin calling Nygma at work. "Where's the spicy mustard?"

Edited by Biggie B
  • Love 2
How crestfallen will Bruce be once he discovers Moses Malone died months ago? Kidding, kidding . . . I recognize the canon. Interesting twist if the show decides to stay with it.

I missed everything up until the point where Bruce and Cat leave Silver's sorry ass in that room, so I did not get to hear Silver implicate one M. Malone in the Wayne murders. I only found out about it this morning. I wish I had shown up in time to hear it, because I too recognize the canon, and M. Malone, while a very small part in the Batman mythos, definitely piques my Batman fanboy nature. Interesting that Gotham is tying it all to the Wayne murders, but all things considered, it could very easily, and fittingly, be a huge fakeout.

Gordon's stupidity continues to be a thing that he allowed Theo to needle him and then got the crap kicked out of him too. He really needs to start getting smarter now.

Well, considering the repetitive head-shots that poor Jim keeps getting, it's not surprised he seems to be getting "dumber" - or at least his mental faculties are being affected. Poor thing.

GREAT: Bruce's con. I was thinking it was Silver's con for Bruce to give up Wayne Enterprises, but THAT was a thing of beauty.

I was thinking that too at one point. Then thought, No! Bruce is so running the con and loved every second of it!

Oh my baby is growing up! And getting his swag on. There's less time than we thought before we get the "man" in Batman. Even managed to fluster Cat which is cool!

I loved this too. The first hints of Playboy Bruce totally charming the ladies. Loved it. I just love Baby!Cat and Baby!Bruce together.

• Love 5

It makes this predictable television. I don't expect this to be on par with something as cheese-tastic as Empire. But I do expect it to be less predictable.

To an extent being predictable comes with the territory.

I find that many people reviewing this show are conveniently ignoring what it does well just so they can complain, since as I have noted earlier, bashing Gotham is apparently immensely cool. By misunderstanding, or pretending to misunderstand, its premise and its setting it's possibly to make innumerable witty and snarky remarks.

The strengths of the show are the casting, which is nearly flawless. Its music and sound, expertly handled by veteran Graeme Revell and lending it a minimalist focus. Its art and design, with perfectly chosen classical paintings, a deliberately ambigious time-period setting and stellar costumes. The dialogue and acting, which can be a bit bad when it comes to the "pedestrian" moments but absolutely excels when the big stuff happens. Even minor roles are well acted. The development of the characters, which is handled with subtlety and grace. Bruce Wayne's gradual transformation being a prime example.

• Love 3

It's probably worth mentioning that Matches Malone is not just one of Batman's alter egos, a disguise he uses. Matches is a con man who infiltrates the criminal underworld, if you will. So, by having the name mentioned--even if Silver claims to have made it up, it fits into the big con that Bruce and Selina pulled on Silver.

I certainly didn't expect to hear any version of the name. That's for sure.

Could someone make a GIF of Alfred reaching up and grabbing the end of Tabitha's whip with one hand???? And was his back to her? Regardless, that was THE best moment of the whole episode for me. Alfred may not be perfect 100% of the time, but man, when he's good, he's GOOD. I was sickened to see him fall into the back of the garbage truck with a knife in him. I know he won't die, but still - I can't stand to see anything bad happen to him, just as I hate seeing Dembe get hurt on 'The Blacklist.'

Loved Selena and Bruce working together. That was an elaborate scam but it worked perfectly. Screw you, Silver!!

Edited to add: I loved Penguin calling Nygma at work. "Where's the spicy mustard?"

http://okimi79.tumblr.com/post/133835652324

That scene was awesome. I love Alfred to pieces.

• Love 1

To an extent being predictable comes with the territory.

I find that many people reviewing this show are conveniently ignoring what it does well just so they can complain, since as I have noted earlier, bashing Gotham is apparently immensely cool. By misunderstanding, or pretending to misunderstand, its premise and its setting it's possibly to make innumerable witty and snarky remarks.

The strengths of the show are the casting, which is nearly flawless. Its music and sound, expertly handled by veteran Graeme Revell and lending it a minimalist focus. Its art and design, with perfectly chosen classical paintings, a deliberately ambigious time-period setting and stellar costumes. The dialogue and acting, which can be a bit bad when it comes to the "pedestrian" moments but absolutely excels when the big stuff happens. Even minor roles are well acted. The development of the characters, which is handled with subtlety and grace. Bruce Wayne's gradual transformation being a prime example.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm allowed to express it as you are entitled to and allowed to express yours. If you don't like the fact that I find some of the writing to be predictable and boring, then skip my posts and the posts that aren't in agreement with your opinion. Peace out.

Indeed. Alonzo Duralde and William Bibbiani over at What the Flick on Youtube have made this point several times recently. The show is at its best when it goes into full on "opera-mode." The opera metaphor works because everything on this show is stylized and lush and way over the top-exactly the way any 19th century opera would be. When Gotham swings for the bleachers, that's when it is at its absolute best. When it tries to focus on being a police procedural (which has been done to death) it generally fails (see: season One). I look at it as an attempt to blend the various incarnations of Batman (the 1960's show, the Animated series, the Burton films, and perhaps a bit of Schumaker's universe) into something new. When Gotham hits its stride its utterly breathtaking to watch. Remember folks, this is network tv, and the crappiest network ON network TV. You can't come out swinging the way Premium Cable shows can to begin with. Every great show out there on network tv stumbles a bit at first before it finds its voice. One of the shows that Gotham reminds me of was the WB's "Angel", the Buffy spinoff. Most of season one was utterly dreadful, as they tried to focus on the crime of the week stuff. Once they decided on the right tone, and went to the more operatic story arc-it got really good.

Until the network decided to start messing with it and killed it. But that would never happen on FOX.

Cue asshat network execs....

Edited by Philbert
  • Love 2

MasterCriminal: Junior. This will be very odd down the road when Penguin & Riddler are so much older than Joker, Catwoman & Batman

They're not that much older. I would Penguin/Riddler at early to mid twenties, which means at most they'd have ten years on 14/15 year old BatCat.

It's probably worth mentioning that Matches Malone is not just one of Batman's alter egos, a disguise he uses. Matches is a con man who infiltrates the criminal underworld, if you will. So, by having the name mentioned--even if Silver claims to have made it up, it fits into the big con that Bruce and Selina pulled on Silver.

I certainly didn't expect to hear any version of the name. That's for sure.

But what M. Malone means in THIS universe might be entirely different, as evidenced by Silver herself and the late Captain Essen.

But what M. Malone means in THIS universe might be entirely different, as evidenced by Silver herself and the late Captain Essen.

That's certainly true.

There were times in this episode, and/or maybe the previous one, where Bruce said he hadn't thought something through. Obviously, one of Batman's strengths as a character is that he plays a long game. So, the ruse and the nod to M. Malone (Moses?) was an extra bow on the package of him tricking Silver.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm allowed to express it as you are entitled to and allowed to express yours. If you don't like the fact that I find some of the writing to be predictable and boring, then skip my posts and the posts that aren't in agreement with your opinion. Peace out.

Nobody has questioned that right. I am engaging in discussion.

Theo Galavan is really taking me out of this series. How many times can he have a trick up his sleeve and always have an answer to get out of his latest jam? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

In fact, it's just lazy writing. There wasn't a whole lot of evidence connecting Galavan to Aubrey James- surely there could have been something that could have been said to sway a jury. I get that his goons could have likely "influenced" James to change his testimony (but then, doesn't Gotham do witness protection?) but it was still grating to see.

Nothing seems to stick with this guy. Nothing. He's a full-on Villain Sue and it's nauseating.

He kind of reminds me of Raymond Reddington of The Blacklist who is similarly able to deflect anything because "he's got a guy" somewhere that can handle whatever problem he's in. At least James Spader is entertaining. The same can't be said for James Frain, at least on this show.

Thankfully, though, we had Bruce and Cat to save the day. Boy, that was some fakeout...it got me. I was all ready to come here and whine about how stupid Bruce is to get inside that van, because shouldn't he know that Silver's likely only pretending to be abducted, etc., etc....and then he came out of the door with the sadist with Silver wondering what was going on. Oh it was brilliant, all of it. Wish we had an episode of that and not Teflon Galavan.

Did also enjoy the fight scene between Alfred and Tabitha...man, those two could go. I'm not worried about Alfred's cut...he's got Plot Armour, he'll be fine.

Lastly- Oswald and Nygma should be spun off into a sitcom, about two murderous psychopaths sharing an apartment together. Those two can banter like no one else- we should have had more of that in this episode.

Or we get a whole new show- "O-Nygma" if you want to call it something. The show that won't just leave you in stitches.

Finally, because of popular demand:

This episode's Bullock Meter:

*drumroll*

3- He had a few lines, made the observation about sign of St. Dumas...but, he largely just hung around and didn't seem to do much. The "flowers" line to Barnes was pretty funny though.

Bullock- or even just Donal Logue- deserves to have a show all his own.

Overall- Well...Galavan continues to disappoint, but there was enough here to say that I was entertained. So B-.

• Love 5

Well, just for the record this was an A+ for me. It's the best episode yet of the series. Some plot lines were fairly predictable but there wasn't a single story or point made that felt weak and the execution was flawless.

I actually got the "it's a faaaaaaake!" alarm ringing as soon as Bruce started on his "if you hurt her, I swear..." and it was just cemented when he was dragged out screaming in tears to the "torture room".

Theo Galavan is a Villain Sue, to an extent. He's a cartoonish character delivering cartoonish lines, cartoonishly. This is intentional. I am not sure, but I feel like he's about to have an unfortunate encounter with Oswald's shotgun next episode. They are definitely killing off one of him and Tabitha {not everyone survives, episode synopsis} and they threw in a possible half-redemption line for Tabs this episode. They want her to stay on to add to their Ethnic Diversity and Female Representation quota.

I believe they are going to use Tabitha as a mentor for Selina. This will in turn drive a wedge between Bruce and Selina when he finds out about it. Tabitha tried to kill Alfred. I think they'll pursue a short Batcat romance and that this will be part of what drives them apart.

Was his original family name Dumas?

Just like the guy who wrote The Count Of Monte Christo, yep. Nice little oomp by the writers!

I was sickened to see him fall into the back of the garbage truck with a knife in him. I know he won't die, but still -

Between that and Jim The Dummy cutting his hand open in a sewer I'm thinking Opportunistic Infection is going to be the new Big Bad in Gotham.

Well hell, that there was great! The good guys all getting some digs and punches in before being taking down because of the villains rising, and all. Like a cake, those villains. But Bruce, I am so proud of you I could bust! The actor doesn't get a lot of transitional "maybe I'm going about this the wrong way" because so many plotlines need screentime, but when he finally gets to step up he does it. And he incorporates his failures--Alfred not buying his little "sneak off and visit Silver" plan for even one nanosecond actually made him realize he's got to quit with the Harriet The Spy stuff and start playing on the deranged level that is Gotham, and he did so beautifully. That plus realizing who his friends really are? That smooth as cream over cream with some cream on top little speech that managed to fluster even Selina "Cool Cat" Kyle? Wowsers. 

Nice to see Tommy Flanagan throwing his weight around and having some fun! And I do mean weight--man, he has grown a gut since the SOA days. Even those slimming blues and blacks couldn't hide it completely.

Alfred fighting Tabitha was a thing of beauty but I have to say I could have done without the line "that slutty little niece of yours." I'm not saying he should soft soap what he knows about Silver but between that and punching Selina in the face they are really going to a rather gross place with his character development. Any show that has panicked, bloody women running down public streets in their underwear as a friggin' leitmotif really doesn't need to pile on with the "Women--How Does They Work?" cluelessness.

Ed and Penguin as the Gotham version of the Odd Couple is a thing of beauty and Ed's ringtone of "Who's Sorry Now?" was genius. GENIUS. Whoever wrote that scene should get a raise. Between that and the spicy mustard I could watch a spinoff of these two.

That was hard to watch at the end. I guess Penguin doesn't like Jim anymore

I don't think it was not liking Jim so much as him having another Mommy Meltdown. When he was belting poor dumb Jim in the face until he passed out you could see him thinking "This is getting me the OPPOSITE of what I want but I can't help myself!!!!" 

Speaking of poor dumb Jim, he really, really has to get it together here. They've practically got him as the new Barbara with how they throw him and his intelligence level up and down the Chutes And Ladders game they must use in the writers' room when they're planning who needs to get away with what and who needs to know about it at what point. How can the same man who realized the one way to get info out of a lunatic penitent monk be the same easily goaded moron who juts his lower jaw out like basking shark and punches the mayor in front of the entire city after being so transparently goaded even Bruce 1.0 would have known to walk away? How is Lee putting up with this crap? How many times has she nearly been murdered because he was too busy brooding over this, that or the other to realize he was walking into the most Loony Toons Acme Had A Clearance Sale traps in the history of time? 

• Love 1

I'm really tired of James Frain and Theo Galavan.  I agree that it was ridiculous that he is a martial arts expert.  And I'm tired of everything always coming up roses for him.  Didn't the judge think it suspicious that the mayor suddenly changes his story?  Hmmmm. let's think about any possible reason why that could have happened.

• Love 1

I have to join the chorus preaching the awesomeness of Batcat vs Silver. That was well done, especially

since we can juxtapose Bruce's fake kidnapping with his all-too-real one

. I love that he got Selina so flustered she actually asked if she could steal one of his cars. But I wonder: what are the odds that Silver sends Galavant goons after Selina in the back-half of the season? 

Is it me, or did they just have Bruce and Selina jump the divide between tween and teen? Selina's outfit and hair were a notch above her usual street-urchin couture. They both moved and spoke with more confidence. It was a good way to show a hint not just of the suave billionaire, but also of the cool lady theif. I'm usually not impressed by child actors, but Camren and David are going to make watching inevitably-catastrophic teen romance very entertaining.

• Love 3

Anybody else wonder if Alfred used Venusian Aikido against Tabitha? I'm sorry . ..  it's been over a year, and the resemblance between Sean Pertwee and his father is still uncanny.

We said, "Don't worry, he'll be fine. And if he isn't, he can always regenerate."

I'm sure Miss Kringle's family is extra busy this time of year!

LOL!

• Love 2

I thought Silver planned that abduction, so it was a nice surprise that she was the one being played.  Though it did seem somewhat mean... was she really concerned about Bruce?  Or did she know her Uncle would be angry since he wants dibs on killing Bruce himself?  It was a little difficult to see how complicit she was in Galavan's plans.  

I really hope the Galavan thing will be done and over with before the winter hiatus.  I am so tired of his smug annoying face. 

Poor Alfred.  Now I wonder how long Dimwit Jim will take to figure out who "son of Gotham" is?  Jim needs to learn what subtlety looks like.  

So why did Galavan have to be mayor before the Hooded figures came back into town?

Edited by Camera One

Didn't the commissioner just get stabbed in his femoral artery and worry about bleeding out a day or two ago? Now he's up and walking around with a cane and lifting heavy things like coffins?! (I know, it's a comic book show.)

Jim hit new lows of stupidity by not getting "son of Gotham". I don't think he needs to be quite that idiotic for plot purposes.

• Love 2

So... Bruce went from complete idiot to scary smart back to complete idiot again. He falls for Silver and Galavan hook line and sinker, finally wises up and goes through with a brilliant plan that leaves Silver in the dust, then heads right back to his house where everybody knows he is despite the fact that he should know that Galavan's mooks would be gunning for him. Does the concept of laying low mean anything to Bruce? Or maybe the concept of security for his who knows how many million dollar manor? People who want to steal and kill seem to just waltz into Wayne Manor every episode it appears in without even a challenge.

I have an utter lack of surprise that Galavan got off without an issue, he's definitely got a season long villain vibe to him and most writers aren't good enough to have a season long villain without making asspulls left and right to keep them around the whole time. I would have rather he had been busted out by his mooks in robes instead, that would have made a lot more sense than they've got him dead to rights but the exMayor decides to drop his testimony for no apparent reason.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 2

I have an utter lack of surprise that Galavan got off without an issue, he's definitely got a season long villain vibe to him and most writers aren't good enough to have a season long villain without making asspulls left and right to keep them around the whole time. I would have rather he had been busted out by his mooks in robes instead, that would have made a lot more sense than they've got him dead to rights but the exMayor decides to drop his testimony for no apparent reason.

I'd agree with that. As much as I hate the "cardboard prison" trope that Gotham falls in love with...it is in line with how the series has gone and would have been more believable (and more satisfying).

In other news Jim means well but he's slow on the uptake. Lee can do better. I am a tad uncomfortable with how much Alfred is assaulting females this season. But i'm fin with the Tabitha takedown. I hate her and hope she dies soon.

You mean where he slapped/punched Selina for killing his former friend in cold blood, depriving him of an opportunity to say goodbye or find out more information than a couple of teens. Or when he tried to disarm the female assassin with a whip and a gun...

This is what I find interesting, a writer make a bad guy a woman because of equal opportunity of violence delivery and then people complain about those women being hit by men. If they only fight women the writer gets accused of pandering to a male audience with all the 'cat fights'. The impression I got of Tabitha is that she's a stone cold killer who crushed a mans windpipe with her boot. Alfred didn't even have a weapon till the end of the fight. Should Alfred simply have been choked to death by her whip just so there's no man on woman assaults ? 

I consider Alfred to be a good soldier. If someone's coming after him, he's going to take them out regardless of age, gender or optics.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 3

I have no issue with Alfred slapping Selina. That being said I have no issue with Selina telling Bruce and Bruce being pissed at Alfred for him slapping Selina. Everyone is making this some simplistic femist/criminal issue when it is anything but. Things got complicated and Alfred's feelings about his friend are admittingly complicated which is why the slap made sense. If it had been Alfred I have no doubt in my my mind he would have killed the guy himself but Selina doing it splits the issue between killing my friend/killing my enemy. Also there was a bit of putting Bruce in danger. The slap made sense story wise.

As for Tabitha. I really enjoyed the fight scene between her and Alfred. It worked well for me. He is a good soldier but he was outmatched in this fight. I would love to see a rematch.

• Love 1