Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

What is ToD.2.0?  

Trio of Doom original - Brooke, Ridge, Taylor

Trio of Doom 2.0 - Steffy, Liam, Hope

I’m really disappointed (again).  So after all the talk of the big murder mystery, it turned out Vinny committed suicide and there was never any mystery. And now, after all the talk of how this shocking event would change the show forever, we follow the anvils dropping and sure enough Finn dies. No one was shocked. Shocking would have been Steffy dying. 

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

What is ToD.2.0?  

Triangle of Doom 1.0 was Brooke/Ridge/Taylor while 2.0 is Hope/Liam/Steffy. Or does D stand for Drivel?

(Oops. didn’t see Runningwild’s reply)

Edited by BoffoDaWonderSheep
Blindnesd
  • Love 2
(edited)

Steffy told Sheila she was on her way to Il Giardino’s

Steffy had overheard Thomas talking to Sheila and decided this nonsense was gonna stop

So, she tracked her mother-in-law down and had plans to lay into her

Sheila turned around and said “Hello Steffy”

And Steffy replied “I know what you want”

Sheila said “All I want is to part of my son’s life, and my grandson’s too”

Sheila said “I’m not your enemy, and I want you to except me”

But you won’t believe I have changed

Since I’ve been back in LA all you’ve done is fight me, like that aimless bitch Brooke

Well, Steffy got mad, and she saw red

And Sheila said “Now Steffy don’t you lose your head”

Cause I love you and just want us to be one happy family

That’s the night that the lights went out for Sinn

That’s the night that Sheila shot Steffy’s man

It’ll teach you not to follow your husband’s crazy momma into the alley behind Il Giardino’s

Cause now his momma’s got blood stains on her hands

Well Sheila got scared and left the bar

And went to the back alley behind Il Giardino’s

See, Sheila didn’t have many friends and she knew that Steffy would never be one

Sheila knew that something was gonna go down

So she was packin a big ole gun when she came to town

Steffy let loose that she knew Sheila sent real booze to Brooke’s house

Switched the labels on the bottles like a sneaky little mouse

Cause she wanted Brooke to fall off the wagon and grab Deacon and play kissy face

Sheila got her wish and broke up Bridge with a butt hurt Ridge sayin “no more”

Now Brooke is all alone and hurting for the man she adores

And Ridge won’t budge no matter how much she begs and pleads and implores

Well, Sheila was happy to see Tridge gaining ground

And was gonna get credit for her part she was bound

So she chose to spill her guts to Thomas and said “Keep your mouth shut”

Thomas was torn and said “Your sick!”, but still held his tongue

Happy to see his parent’s reunited, but still thought Sheila was a pile of dung

And said “What you did was demented, and I don’t know if I can do it”

Well, like any good psychopath Sheila couldn’t let it go

And kept calling Thomas and giving him the blow-by-blow

By her desire for credit she was spurred

And then came that night when Steffy overheard

That’s when POD was Steffy’s best friend

And she discovered what had been on Thomas’s mind

It’ll teach you not to follow your husband’s crazy momma into the alley behind Il Giardino’s

I want the game changing shocking event that will change the show forever to be Deacon entering the alley, charging Sheila, gaining control of the gun and shooting her, saving Steffy, who is overwhelmed with gratitude, and the two of them fall into a hot assed relationship. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

What is ToD.2.0?  

I am afraid to utter their names less this pit of despair open up and swallow us all whole.

Triangle of Doom 2nd generation

Hope/Liam/Steffy. 

Cast your protection spells now.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

. So, I surmise that Steffy is going to take off with the kids and go into an extended period of mourning off-screen somewhere during JMW's maternity leave.

That's why it would have made more sense for Steffy to be the victim. Couldn't TPTB take TN off contract for six months or for however long? I didn't care for Finn, but I HATE the idea of another ToD 2.0 more. At this point, yeah, let's go for Still Redux!

Pffft, this show never does anything that makes sense. With JMW’s last pregnancy they had the perfect excuse to have her offscreen with her drug rehab storyline. Instead, they go the extra mile to write her pregnancy into the storyline with her randomly getting together with Liam again on mannequin night. This time they don’t write her pregnancy in, but interestingly TN’s wife is pregnant in real life too and he probably would have been going on paternity leave the same time as JMW. Show could have easily backburnered them both for a few months. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Was...that an April Fools joke? Or did a group of people actually write this film/direct it, edited, and said "yeah this is good shit, let's air this." I kept shouting "Steffy CALL 911 WTF!!!" And my god, this version of Sheila is so weaksauce. OG Sheila would've shot Steffy without dragging it out. Plus, Steffy had to get in her face several times before it sunk in that she would have to kill her if she wanted to be with Finn/Hayes that badly? This wasn't evident when she smacked her months ago? But Brooke says something once and it's scorched Earth? Yes, I'm a broken record here but I will never not be salty about this lol 

Damn, I guess this means that the Triangle of doom 2.0 is on the way back. And by some miracle that it's not, we're going to get "OMG poor Steffy" and she'll continue to walk all over people namely Hope/Brooke because she's grieving & she won't have to face consequences for the horrible things she said to/about them. Which is just as bad IMO. After all, I'm sure in Steffy's mind she was defending Brooke & because of that Finn died. The real irony is Brooke was only sabotaged by Sheila in the first place because she was defending Steffy's slut-shaming, hateful, hypocritical ass. I will never understand why she wasted time confronting Sheila, when she could've just took her behind straight to Ridge & Brooke as they were in the same building as her when she found out the truth of NYE. But no Steffy had to get in Sheila's face, a known murderer, in a dark alley, just to drive home the fact that Steffy is the HBIC. 🙄 As if her months, no years, of her running her roughshod on people with no one checking her wasn't proof enough. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Love 13

For those that don’t watch Y&R, Deacon was mentioned briefly by Jack’s ex Diane. She claims that Deacon aided her in faking her death several years ago by somehow obtaining a body from a morgue. I’m not sure if that story is a one-off or if this will figure into the storyline later and Deacon will be used in a crossover event with B&B. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

For those that don’t watch Y&R, Deacon was mentioned briefly by Jack’s ex Diane. She claims that Deacon aided her in faking her death several years ago by somehow obtaining a body from a morgue. I’m not sure if that story is a one-off or if this will figure into the storyline later and Deacon will be used in a crossover event with B&B. 

Obviously my watching Y&R while doing other things allowed this tidbit to get past me. They really do just make stuff up as they go along - for both shows. It wouldn’t surprise to see Finn alive and well on the next show (or so). 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Wait, I thought Diane was killed off? I know death is meaningless in a soap opera, but IIRC, Deacon was off that show when Victor shoved her out of a car or something.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wait, I thought Diane was killed off? I know death is meaningless in a soap opera, but IIRC, Deacon was off that show when Victor shoved her out of a car or something.

As far as what we were shown, she was. By Nikki, who bashed in her head with a rock. She claimed self-defense and got off scot-free. Not unlike most of the GC denizens.

I can't recall if Deacon was still on the show or not at that point in time, but I wasn't even aware there was a connection between him and Diane. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Yeah I don’t remember Deacon being on during the time Maura West played Diane. I missed most of Deacon’s tenure on Y&R, but I’m pretty sure it was before that. It’s probably just another case of lazy writing, but it felt like such a specific mention that it made me wonder if Deacon will figure into that storyline at some point. 

• Love 6
On 4/2/2022 at 4:51 PM, RuntheTable said:

Steffy told Sheila she was on her way to Il Giardino’s

Steffy had overheard Thomas talking to Sheila and decided this nonsense was gonna stop

So, she tracked her mother-in-law down and had plans to lay into her

Sheila turned around and said “Hello Steffy”

And Steffy replied “I know what you want”

Sheila said “All I want is to part of my son’s life, and my grandson’s too”

Sheila said “I’m not your enemy, and I want you to except me”

But you won’t believe I have changed

Since I’ve been back in LA all you’ve done is fight me, like that aimless bitch Brooke

Well, Steffy got mad, and she saw red

And Sheila said “Now Steffy don’t you lose your head”

Cause I love you and just want us to be one happy family

Well Sheila got scared and left the bar

And went to the back alley behind Il Giardino’s

See, Sheila didn’t have many friends and she knew that Steffy would never be one

Sheila knew that something was gonna go down

So she was packin a big ole gun when she came to town

Steffy let loose that she knew Sheila sent real booze to Brooke’s house

Switched the labels on the bottles like a sneaky little mouse

Cause she wanted Brooke to fall off the wagon and grab Deacon and play kissy face

Sheila got her wish and broke up Bridge with a butt hurt Ridge sayin “no more”

Now Brooke is all alone and hurting for the man she adores

And Ridge won’t budge no matter how much she begs and pleads and implores

Well, Sheila was happy to see Tridge gaining ground

And was gonna get credit for her part she was bound

So she chose to spill her guts to Thomas and said “Keep your mouth shut”

Thomas was torn and said “Your sick!”, but still held his tongue

Happy to see his parent’s reunited, but still thought Sheila was a pile of dung

And said “What you did was demented, and I don’t know if I can do it”

Well, like any good psychopath Sheila couldn’t let it go

And kept calling Thomas and giving him the blow-by-blow

By her desire for credit she was spurred

And then came that night when Steffy overheard

That’s when POD was Steffy’s best friend

And she discovered what had been on Thomas’s mind

I want the game changing shocking event that will change the show forever to be Deacon entering the alley, charging Sheila, gaining control of the gun and shooting her, saving Steffy, who is overwhelmed with gratitude, and the two of them fall into a hot assed relationship. 

This post is truly inspired!  Thank you @RuntheTable!!!

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Sorry to ask this question on a B&B forum...but is that Diane the same Diane who used to be a professional model (or maybe still is?!) back in the day?  This is the Diane who dated Andy(?) - Paul's friend and co-owner in their private investigator business?  [Those 3 characters were my first introduction to Y&R when I used to watch]

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Tanner Novlan is cute but man he did not bring anything to the show. Betson when they're going to retcon the baby really being Liam's?

Only if Kelly can turn out to be Bill's! 😁

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
58 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Sorry to ask this question on a B&B forum...but is that Diane the same Diane who used to be a professional model (or maybe still is?!) back in the day?  This is the Diane who dated Andy(?) - Paul's friend and co-owner in their private investigator business?  [Those 3 characters were my first introduction to Y&R when I used to watch]

Yes, was watching then too.  Liked the original Diane best

I missed it!  Did Sheila shoot Steffy too or just knock her out with the gun?  

Now we know unlucky Deacon is going down for this!  Will Sheila come to the rescue of her pal?  She is the only one who can unless there was a witness somewhere.  

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Useful 1

Deacon’s saving grace might be that he was talking/yelling to someone when he opened the alleyway door. Hopefully that gives him an alibi. I hope Steffy lives, & Deacon is a hero, & Steffy has to be grateful. 

I had a thought that I’m almost scared to put into the universe, but what if Steffy & Finn do a Freaky Friday personality reversal? That would let both live, or at least “Steffy” (in Finn’s body), to accommodate JMW’s maternity leave. Then, they could either keep or kill Finn, once she’s recovered. I can’t recall it ever being done before, but it’s just ridiculous enough to happen. 

Those Still anvils were  falling hard & fast today. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Now we know unlucky Deacon is going down for this!  Will Sheila come to the rescue of her pal?

Deacon has no gunshot residue on his hands or clothing that would be consistent with him pulling the trigger. And props to Deacon for wasting no time to call 9-1-1 and giving complete names and descriptions of the people involved.  Tridge and Thomas can kick rocks if they think he had anything to do with this. Deacon can be scummy but not this level of scummy.

18 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Those Still anvils were  falling hard & fast today. 

I'm down with Still. They never had a real chance as a couple, DD would shine as a protective, supportive husband to Steffy, Bill established he and Katie are dunzo, and I do not want the return of TOD 2.0. And I'm not down with the theory that Steffy will awaken from her coma thinking she's married to Liam. 

Bill and Liam were talking way too loudly for having a child in the next room supposedly asleep. And Liam better hope that Beth wasn't listening and later repeats to Hope that 'Daddy said he'll always love Aunt Steffy'. Liam should've shut that talk with Bill down with a quickness in the woman's own home.

Glad to be proven wrong that the show was drawing out the shock move of Sheila shooting Steffy; would've thought that would be the Friday cliffhanger and then realized that due to the bumping of the Brooke show to Friday of last week, this episode WOULD have been the Friday cliffhanger I think.  Sheila really can't help herself from doing the absolute worst things. She's a broken woman who cannot be fixed and seems like the epitome of someone who needs to be locked up because she can't be rehabilitated and remains a danger to society. She's good at playing on sympathy and manipulating others but in the end she really does need to be locked away permanently. Dr. Scott on Y&R/B&B showing her that mercy all those years ago has resulted in a lot of lives lost and or ruined.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Deacon has no gunshot residue on his hands or clothing that would be consistent with him pulling the trigger.

This didn't deter Days of Our Lives for pinning the blame on a drug dealer for shooting a cop when the drug dealer wasn't the shooter.  The real shooter shot the cop then killed the dealer to pin the crime on a guy who can't say otherwise, since he's...ya know....dead.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

This didn't deter Days of Our Lives for pinning the blame on a drug dealer for shooting a cop when the drug dealer wasn't the shooter.  The real shooter shot the cop then killed the dealer to pin the crime on a guy who can't say otherwise, since he's...ya know....dead.

LMAO, yeah, I'm watching that mess too! But come on, Detectives Hot Dog and Sanchez are way better than Shawn Brady and Rafe Hernandez. And Lani.  Det. Sanchez wasn't fooled and knew Thomas caused Emma's accident; just couldn't prove it. But he let him know that he knew.

Shawn didn't even know Jan was wearing a Belle mask and bedded her! So, uh, yeah. Salem PD ain't the brightest bulbs.  Brave but mostly stupid (Save poor Eli) is how I'd classify most of them.

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Did any of us, really? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm still pissed they wasted the super-hot Vinnie actor, who could have been paired with Steffy, on the crap they wasted him on.

Hell, a storyline about a dealer boyfriend who drags his girlfriend down into drug addiction could have been some amazingly good soap.

The only recent storyline I can think of that actually worked was Thomas being cuckoo cocoa puffs with HopeDoll, and that was largely because Matt made it work, plus the fact that every Thomas incarnation besides the Pierson Fode one has been a nutter.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 12

I has to laugh when Bill was wondering if Kelly would be more like Liam or Stuffy.  Wether it’s better to be a bleeding heart or have no heart.  I’m hoping it’s neither. 

Stuffy certainly learned her lesson. You don’t argue with a nut job holding a gun. As I thought, Stuffy will now be riding out her pregnancy in a coma.  It’s time for Hope and family to move into the big house instead of the little cabin since Hope and Liam will be taking care of Kelly. 

The part of Shiela is now being played Lady MacBeth. “Out out damn spot”.  Shiela shows tendencies of both a sociopath and a psychopath or in non clinical terms, just plain nuts.  Dr Hayes, should have warned her daughter to stay away from Shiela and never confront her but that’s not how Stuffy operates. 

• Love 8

Well, Brad Bell really went there-there with this whole thing didn’t he? Yikes! At first,  was beginning to think it was a dream sequence but nope. I’m glad Deacon found them and called 911. That said, I couldn’t handle the on going tribute to St. Steffy.

So I guess JMW will go on maternity leave for a while which is impressive because she didn’t even look like she was pregnant. She carry’s very well. LOL!! I did think for a minute Sheila was going to kidnap Hayes and flee but I guess they are going with the self loathing angle. I’m assuming “they” wouldn’t even think Sheila would kill here own son. Now, we have to wait for Steffy to walk up and either remember or not remember that Sheila pulled the trigger. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I fast forwarded Nu Tay and Ridge as well as Liam and Bill. I feel bad fast forwarding Bill cause he’s never and on and when he finally is, he’s talking to stupid Liam. 

I was gonna ask who this guy with Liam was. LOL!!!! Seriously though, I was getting concerned if DD was even on contract. Now, I wonder if HT is on contract?! It’s amazing how long they’ve been off the air. I guess they have that pay or don’t play in their contract……I’m assuming. I know some daytime contracts have actor guarantees of how many episodes a year they’ll do but I wonder if the both of them are still getting paid when not airing?

Granted, I’m sure they ain’t in the poor house but it does make me wonder about contracts and salary. Like, Jordi V. said over on Y&R when he had singed a 3 year contract in November and then they fired him after 90 days which they are contractually allowed to do. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

All the Steffy talking about with Bill, Liam her parents made me think they are going to do ToD. I'd love to do Still instead.

Sheila needs to be killed off. I don't understand how she keeps getting to shoot people then walk around free. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Tanner Novlan is cute but man he did not bring anything to the show. Betson when they're going to retcon the baby really being Liam's?

Don't they need to leave Hayes as Finn's son so he and Beth can get together in a few SORASd years and make their collective parents heads explode? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, methodwriter85 said:

Or, better yet, Douglas. LOL

I think Douglas and Beth are related through Caroline/Liam though. I thought the same thing a couple of years ago but someone here clued me in lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Lilac2000 said:

Don't they need to leave Hayes as Finn's son so he and Beth can get together in a few SORASd years and make their collective parents heads explode? 

Of course! Otherwise Steffy and Taylor will miss out on griping about another 'Logan woman' stealing a man in their family.  I'd love for Beth to sass back at them 'That's Spencer-Logan, Ladies. And don't worry, you can have Hayes back when I'm through with him.'

Liam was saying he thought Kelly would be the handful but it would be hi-larious if Beth was the sassy one and Kelly becomes Hope-like due to Steffy being...Steffy and has a great head on her shoulders. I'd like her to take after her grandpa Bill. Beth can exasperate Hope by living large and in charge. Maybe she becomes a gossip influencer for Spencer publications and is always out getting the story and the dirt and is obsessed with making SP bigger and better than her grandpa Bill.

• Love 8

Well, they decided to pull out the full monty and I don't see any way Deacon could be held accountable for it. Deacon was at work; there were people that can attest to that. He didn't go into the alley until after the shooting and that can be proven by time of death. He also will not have gun residue on his hands, and Sheila staged it to look like a robbery, Deacon had no place to stash Steffy's purse and the jewelry except in the alley, and they won't find anything. If only he had been a few minutes earlier, he could have saved the day and had that greasy loser Ridge forever in his debt. 

I was so happy to see Bill, but then I started listening to the conversation. UGH! I don't get down with Steffy adoration and love. The ff'd button came into play. 

I rarely listen to the hobo and that crumb gobbling twit, but I did tune in here and there yesterday. Again, the Steffy devotion was more than I could take, although it was more understandable coming from her parents. 

• Love 14
(edited)
On 4/4/2022 at 12:25 PM, TobinAlbers said:

I'm down with Still. They never had a real chance as a couple, DD would shine as a protective, supportive husband to Steffy, Bill established he and Katie are dunzo, and I do not want the return of TOD 2.0. And I'm not down with the theory that Steffy will awaken from her coma thinking she's married to Liam. 

All of this. Despite the borderline creepy vibes for Still 2.0, this is the best option for them both by a country mile and there's the added bonus of making Ridge's head explode.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

I don't like Steffy at all and Bill could do a LOT better, but I'd prefer that to ToD 2.0 v.97,000 any day. That would make delicious turmoil for Ridge, Taylor, Liam, Wyatt who? and Brooke. 

Right now, there aren't any other women on the canvas to pair Bill with, so why not? I had hopes for Dr. Grace, but she is too cray-cray (not that Steffy is the poster child for sanity). Li might be a good choice, but she's not full-time. 

• Love 12

I'll give TK this, when he has Ridge slip into frantic parent in distress mode, you can feel it.  Just the transformation once Deacon called and the beat he had to take before he rushed out with the family you could feel him almost falling apart and thinking 'No, not again' before shoring back up and leading the way to the hospital.

Poor Deacon! The man had to take some liquid courage before telling Sheila the news.  Nice beat of Sheila recognizing the hell she put Deacon through and how he's a good friend to her when she saw him take that drink.  But no, don't feel no sympathy for her.

Finn didn't even get the devastating sheet drawn over the face/body bag zip up moment on the show. Just pronounced dead and rolled on out.

I wonder if the show will have Thomas spiral once he finds out that Steffy confronted Sheila because she was trying to get to the bottom of what secret he was hiding with her. If that gets out will Ridge and Taylor turn on him? Will Thomas break down and feel he has to redeem himself by taking out Sheila himself? I could see some great scenes where Thomas is basically ready to kill Sheila with Sheila egging him on because she wants to be put out of her misery or someone (Taylor or Hope) pulls him back from the edge to save his soul.  

Or we could have a who murdered Sheila mystery: Liam, Bill, Li, Jack, Ridge, Eric, Thomas, Taylor, Brooke, and Deacon would all be viable suspects. Likely culprit would be Jack.

Hayes almost has the Bruce Wayne/Batman origin story except he wasn't in the alley with his parents when they got shot and Steffy is still alive for now but it's close! Sheila is actually a great comic book villain too if you think about it.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Was Steffi wearing a string of pearls?

If only Sheila had ripped off a string of pearls from Steffy's neck then we'd know for sure the writers are Batman fans and we're in a comic book soap opera ;)

• LOL 6

OMG. Could Ridge, NuTay and Tomass been any more sickening or fawning over this Steffy person? They must know someone we’ve never seen before who’s been impersonating that almost Forrester woman.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Hopefully, Ted King got the call that Finn is dead. It wasn’t that long ago about the big casting news of Finn’s parents and I think they were on all of two weeks. Another Brad Bell hiring fail. If he can’t write for DD & HT there was no way he was able write anything substantial for Finn’s parents. I think Ted King has been around long enough how these things go but I’m sure he was hoping something would come out of getting hired for B&B. He even shaved 🪒 off his cheesy mustache to see that would help. LOL!!!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Did TIIC bring back Bridget knowing that Finn was coming to his demise?  Is Bridget going to be the new de facto Doctor for all seasons?  

Shiela as she looked in the mirror, “Here’s the smell of blood still. All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand”to quote Lady MacBeth.  

Sure everyone gather around Stuffy and bring germs into her room.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

As much as I have snarked on show of late (and who can blame me?), it was a really good show today (sans the Steffy tongue-bath, which I won't touch).

Sean was so good as the clearly frantic Deacon as he shouted at Steffy to see if she could hear him and wondering where the hell the ambulance was, not to mention, WTF happened.

Kimberlin was masterful as well as she visibly shook and paced and moaned in agony, even retching into the wastebasket as the enormity of her actions hit her full force.

Back in the alley, Deacon has a momentary flash of relief when the paramedics arrive and is calm enough to give them some details, but it is short-lived as the panic sets in again as he realizes Finn is dead and Steffy is critical.

Sheila is practically catatonic in her hotel room, repeating over and over again that she didn't want to hurt anyone, most especially her own son. But there is still that auto-pilot calculating part of her that showered and changed, including washing her hair, to remove potential evidence of her crimes.

Sheila-rocks-trauma-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=10

The cops arrive as Deacon tries to deny the obvious about Finn, even as they cover his face with a sheet and wheel him away. So long, Tanner.

One of the cops starts grilling a shell-shocked Deacon who reveals he found them lying there after taking out the trash and confirms he didn't hear any gunshots (as Sheila had the silencer on).

Deacon-police-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=1024,598

Deacon: "Who the hell would do this?"

Who, indeed.

That "who" is angrily brushing her hair in front of that mirror and it was a chilling, eerie sight, with the rest of the room in darkness and just a bit of light for Sheila to stare at herself in the looking glass as she admits, out loud, to herself, "I killed my own son." 

Bridget is back on the screen and immediately recognizes Steffy and quickly gets her into triage.

Bridget-Steffy-surgery-BB-HW.jpg?resize=

The cops want to send a patrol car to inform the family, but Deacon insists there isn't time for that, urging the officer to let him do it. The officer agrees, but requests that Deacon put it on speakerphone. As an aside, I really don't see how in the world they could try to run with a "Deacon did it" storyline. Besides the lack of physical evidence, he is clearly freaked out by finding them in the alley behind his place of work. At least I hope they don't go there.

Ridge is characteristically eye-rolling when he sees Deacon's call comes in, but even before he gets the news, he pauses as he hears something in Deacon's voice as he begs him not to hang up, a ripple of fear running down his spine.

ITA, @TobinAlbers, that TK was at his best here as Deacon divulged the details of the shooting, his world shattered at learning his daughter has been shot and his son-in-law is dead.

Ridge-bad-news-call-BB-CBS.jpg?resize=10

For the first time ever, he heeds Deacon's words: "Ridge, go NOW. Steffy needs you."

Ridge shares the horrific news with Taylor and Thomas even as he's already striding for the door and the shock by Taylor and Thomas, with Taylor initially trying but failing and then finally clutching her purse, was very well-done.

Oh, then the scene that made me so very sad for Deacon and almost a tiny bit sad for Sheila and how crazy is that?

Deacon shows up to tell Sheila the news about her son and Steffy.

She quickly straightens the room and puts on a smile and a laugh, joking that he could have showered with her if he had shown up a few minutes later.

Deacon's response is to walk straight to the mini-bar and down a shot.

Sheila, playing the role she created, asks the obvious: "Is something wrong?"

Deacon is gentle but anxious here as he tells her "it's terrible...you need to sit down." At her look, he lowers the boom, not knowing she already knows because she was the perpetrator. "It's Steffy and Finn....they've been shot."

Sheila reacts and I think there is the part of her that went crazy long ago that really thinks, for a glimmer of a moment, that someone else did this.

Sheila: "Shot? Are they okay?" Deacon's face shows that they are not, even if Sheila didn't already know. She makes for the door and says they should go but Deacon stops her.

Deacon: "Sheila...I'm sorry..."

She's crying now, shaking her head, and pleading with him, "Don't." And again, if we didn't know better, we would think Sheila is every inch the grieving mother. But then again, she is. And it's a million times worse because SHE did it. 

Deacon: "Sheila...he's gone. He didn't make it. I'm so sorry." And Deacon looks so sorry for her, his often-nemesis but sometimes the only friend he had in town as she falls onto the bed, sobbing. 

Deacon-break-news-Sheila-BB-HW.jpg?resiz

We close with the Tridge trio holding vigil over an unconscious Steffy.

Steffy-hospital-BB-HW.jpg?w=1230

Definitely worth a watch - for Sean and Kimberlin. They knocked it out of the park.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 4/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I'm still pissed they wasted the super-hot Vinnie actor, who could have been paired with Steffy, on the crap they wasted him on.

In my alternate universe B&B,  Stinnie are a hot hot couple.  Vinnie helped Stuffy be.... well.... less Stuffy. He is also a supportive friend to Hope and somehow also knows Deacon.  Stuffy helped Vinnie clean up his act and go to ... ah. ... maybe pharmacy school.

He still has a bit of an edge so not a white hat/ not a bad guy. Eric likes him,. Ridge hates him.  Stinnie don't care what Ridge thinks. Vinnie is often seen in the midnight blue tux he wore to the aborted ThomZoe wedding. Looking hot and mighty fine.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4