Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Anyone know if that is Hunter Tylo’s pic in the opening credits or is it the recast who hasn’t aired yet?  If that is the recast they sure picked an actress that looks just like her!

I doubt the producers would put Hunter Tylo's pic in the opening credits.  Only actors with a contract get their pics posted.

Has the new Taylor appeared yet?

• Useful 1

I was dying at Steffy's exasperated "Just listen to Liam!" I mean, who does Hope think she is, having her own opinions and wanting to give her dad a second chance?  And then we had Liam's "You're not hearing me!"  No Liam, Hope hears you just fine, she just happens to disagree with you.  It's obvious that neither Steffy nor Liam handle not getting their own way very well.

And I loved Brooke's look of betrayal when Ridge threw Bridget's pain back in her face--does he really think Brooke's forgotten how she hurt her own daughter?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Ridge said he was going to leave before he said something he would regret. Yet, just two minutes before he was dragging his wife like garbage for something that happened decades ago, for something he said he forgave her for. But that is not what I am hearing; Ridge is harboring a deep seated anger over Brooke and Deacon; he has done a good job of hiding it up till now, but now the lines are being tested because Hope wants a relationship with her dad. So, just like when Steffy chose to ride the Stallion, and daddy couldn't accept it, he wove this fantasy about how Bill forced himself on his precious little girl. And now he is doing the same thing with Brooke and Deacon, when he knows full well that Brooke wanted that shit. Brooke had feelings for Deacon, and wanted to have a real relationship with him. I don't recall her wanting to have one with Andy Johnson, the creep that actually did force himself on her and raped her. And then there is you Ridge; you stand there bellowing about how Deacon forced himself on Brooke, when you are actually the one who did that when Brooke was zonked out on pills. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You are horrible, and you are behaving like a six year old who isn't getting the Christmas present he covets. If anyone looks dangerous and out of control it is you; actually, Deacon could probably press assault charges on you if he wanted to, because you have now twice manhandled him, and put your grimy paws all over him to throw him out of first Brooke's house then Hope's. 

Then we have Liam and Steffy. OMG, but they really dug down deep in the shithole yesterday, treating Hope like an overly imaginative child, who just doesn't know better. What is their argument here exactly? Steffy has no stake whatsoever in Hope developing a relationship with her dad, and Liam really needs to get out of his own ass, and respect Hope as someone who has forgiven him so many, many things. As someone who has given him second, third, forth, and fucking chances to infinity. And what do these two idiots think Deacon is going to do to "the children"? Deacon is not a mean guy. He is not a psychopath. He has never physically harmed anyone I can think of, but these two clowns carry on as if he is the Ted Bundy of child killers. UGH! 

And then after Hope leaves the office in disgust, Liam asks what just happened? And further having the temerity to say that he and Hope "always talk things out"? WHAAAA??? When have these two ever talked things out? The most recent, and probably most egregious example of how that never happens, is HopequinnGate, when instead of charging into Thomas's apartment to talk things out, Liam chose to run to Steffy to fuck things out. No, Hope was not nearly severe enough with either of these two. Fuckers. 

Brooke is definitely softening, and I like the pace. She has a lot to process where Deacon is concerned, and she has had years to build those protective walls. But Hope's pointed and painful questions the other day have started the process of tearing those walls down. Brooke isn't ready to outright support Deacon, but she is willing to support him by supporting Hope. She can say it is about Ridge, and not wanting to pull his panties too tight, but I don't buy it. Brooke is afraid; she has locked away all the passion and desire she felt for Deacon, but has started to remember how they burned for each other. She doused that fire a long time ago because she had to, but the pilot light has never fully gone out, and there is nothing stopping her from relighted that raging fire now. Oh, and fuck Ridge. 

I am hoping this recast Taylor will be Ridge's landing pad. He will continue to disintegrate as Brooke and Hope hold fast, and refuse to heel to his demands. And just like he always used to do, he will run to Doc to have her lick his wounds. 

Team Brooke and Deacon all the way. 

A huge "YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" to all of the above.

Ridge said he was going to leave before he said something he would regret. Yet, just two minutes before he was dragging his wife like garbage for something that happened decades ago, for something he said he forgave her for. But that is not what I am hearing; Ridge is harboring a deep seated anger over Brooke and Deacon;

Can someone, anyone please tell me exactly why Ridge forgiving Brooke for Deacon means any-fucking-thing? Her affair with Deacon had nothing to do with Ridge. He was very married to Taylor when it happened so it was not something she did to him. And I call bullshit on it being about his caring for Bridget, the daughter he abandoned when he learned she wasn't his biological child for Thomas who was, and the same vulnerable, reeling from her mother's betrayal, woman whose throat he chose to stick his tongue down more than once and this while he was engaged to Brooke.

So fuck Ridge and fuck his forgiveness because the affair wasn't something Brooke needed forgiveness from him for then or now or ever. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Seeing that Ridge made it as clear as a king waffle like himself could make it that he was happy with Taylor at the time, there is nothing for him to forgive. 

I respectfully disagree. Hope is a constant reminder of her affair with Deacon. In a way, Ridge can put aside the other men Brooke has been with but Hope is her daughter out of wedlock which is a subliminal reminder of why his mother call Brooke the slut from the valley. 

56 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I respectfully disagree. Hope is a constant reminder of her affair with Deacon. In a way, Ridge can put aside the other men Brooke has been with but Hope is her daughter out of wedlock which is a subliminal reminder of why his mother call Brooke the slut from the valley. 

Yes, Hope is the product of an affair but Ridge, himself, is the product of an affair between Massimo and Stephanie, the latter who purposefully kept his paternity a secret (at least the knowledge that paternity was in debate) until it came out after an accident. 

Again, Brooke did not cheat on Ridge with Deacon. He doesn't get to be pissed off about her existence, especially not 3 decades after the fact. The Breacon affair had nothing whatsoever to do with him. 

• Love 14

Over the years, I have missed most of the episodes plus I forget some things that happened unless reminded.  It is nice to read the points everyone is making about what Ridge, Liam and Steffy have done, which highlights the hypocrisy.  After watching the end of today's episode, I wonder if tomorrow we are going to see the umpteenth repeat of Liam on the attack about Deacon and Hope on the defensive?  I don't know if I want to watch or not because I so want her to throw him out at this point, but the poor little girl probably won't do that.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

At my table for one, I thought Liam made some sense today.  Although, as we know, in relationships, it’s not always easy to hear each other, particularly in times of stress.  But when he said he doesn’t hate Deacon just like you don’t hate the hurricane, you just get out of its way to avoid damage?  Not a bad argument.   

On paper and without the context of everything in Liam's history, sure. But if Deacon is like a hurricane in Hope's life, then Liam is a CAT 5. On Jupiter.

5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

It also galls that the only person to have ever done any serious time for their crimes was Deacon. Quinn was never even arrested. Nor Taylor

Actually, Taylor did stand trial for Darla's death. I forgot the specific reason how or why she got off in canon, but that was the one "punishment" she ever got for anything in her life.

But in general, these shit stains use their money and wealth to get out of jail, then look their noses down on everyone else.

5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

And further having the temerity to say that he and Hope "always talk things out"? WHAAAA??? When have these two ever talked things out?

That might be the single funniest line ever written in B&B's entire 35 year history.

While there have been some feeble attempts at not having them break up at the drop of a hat since AN's casting, these two have split up so often in any given year they put Bridge to shame. For me, the most pivotal, definitely classic Lope moment was after failed wedding #3.when Hope doesn't even question Rick's friend who said he watched Steffy and Lame make out at the club. She didn't buy it even before then but she walked out without another work to end it with him.

Running away without question is Lope's fatal flaw.

5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I am hoping this recast Taylor will be Ridge's landing pad.

I don't. Even when Ridge was written with a few more layers than he is now, he was shit and I hope she'll move on to someone else entirely. Is Justin still in the cast?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

OMG, Steffy Fauxrister called Hope and Brook self-righteous and sanctimonious? GMAFB! 
How nice to learn that Felony Flo has been reduced to one photo in the opening montage. Yeah, I’m sick of hearing everyone talk about how wonderful Paris is, but at least she isn’t a child-trafficking criminal who got off scot free.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Liam of all people needs to STFU the most. Deacon hasn’t changed?  How would he know?  Has Liam changed?  He still commiserates with Stuffy.  Before with thinking that Hope kissed Lurch and now with Hope wanting Deacon in her life. Liam  was once just a waffle and now he’s become a major ass hole like Stuffy and Ridge. Ass Holes are Us!!  One other thing, why is Liam even at FC?  Does Liam now work at FC instead of SP. 

I never though I would be happy to see Paris, even in that ridiculous outfit, after two days of Ridge, Stuffy, and Liam lamenting over Deacon.  I guess TIIC thought it was a good idea to put a hat on Paris’ head because her orange hair clashes with her outfit. 

Ridge you are so disingenuous. You have caused Brooke more heartache and pain than Deacon ever could. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And I loved Brooke's look of betrayal when Ridge threw Bridget's pain back in her face--does he really think Brooke's forgotten how she hurt her own daughter?

Did he...did he forget he nearly blinked Bridget himself after Taylor died?! O_o

I mean, I'D like to forget, but he has no room on this specific issue here.

9 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Again, Brooke did not cheat on Ridge with Deacon. He doesn't get to be pissed off about her existence, especially not 3 decades after the fact. The Breacon affair had nothing whatsoever to do with him. 

Preach.

It sure is something that Ridge's default these days is to accuse other men of rape when his fragile pea brain can't accept the fact that a woman in his life made a decision he didn't like. First he lies on Steffy about Bill and now he's painting Deacon as the aggressor. As was pointed out earlier, Brooke had absolutely no attachment towards that creep Andy, and she had made it abundantly clear that she was through with him way back when he fucked her while she was out on medicine.

F U C K   R I D G E

Edited by Anna Yolei
Spelling
  • Love 9

It's kind of cracking me up that Steffy is as angry as she is about Hope, Brooke and Deacon--why is Hope's wanting to know her dad such a bone of contention?  This entire situation has nothing to do with her, and she most certainly doesn't have to worry about the kids.  Neither Beth or Douglas will be injured in any way in getting to know Deacon and just for the sake of argument, Deacon gets to know the kids and then stops showing up to visit for reasons--yest, the kids' feelings will be hurt but they will get over it or does Liam, Steffy and Ridge think Deacon's going to physically harm children?

I also massively loved Brooke's gently yet firmly pointing out that Ridge hasn't bothered to listen to Hope, and that also applies to Liam and Steffy.  They are not handling Hope's shiny new spine very well--good for Hope for standing up for herself.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

she had made it abundantly clear that she was throufh with him way back when he fucked her while she was out on medicine.

OMG I didn't know that happened!!! Yuck!! Was this before or after R.J was born? 

I could barely stand listening to three clowns piss and moan about Hope, Deacon, and Brooke. Steffy you are the sanctimonious and self-righteous one, like your mother and grandmother before you. Don't get it twisted. Not to mention you being a C U Next Tuesday. Who the fuck are any of them to say that Deacon hasn't changed? What do they know about change when they get away with the most heinous, unforgivable shit everyday they draw breath?     

Aside from Bill & Mannequin night not being brought up enough if at all, Hope hasn't mentioned that Steffy is the one that threw Deacon being Hope's father in her face, whined endlessly about Ridge not being her dad, and being all around shitty about Ridge's relationship with her. Her behavior back then and since then has made this moment possible. It almost seems like she's changing her tune for the hell of it.

Nick and Rick have been written off. Ridge has made it clear more than once he doesn't give a fuck about Hope. Bill might have hung up his Hope bashing gloves but the damage is done, and until proven otherwise, he can't really be trusted to have Hope's back against Steffy & Lame. Brooke is there but no one takes her seriously and the fact that she's Hope's mother is often used against the both of them. In various ways. Deacon is her best shot right now against all these jackasses. Still far from the perfect support unit but a step in the right direction.  

Edited by Skarzero
I removed the reaction gif cos I didn't like it anymore lol
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

OMG I didn't know that happened!!! Yuck!! Was this before or after R.J was born? 

It was well after RJ's birth and after Ridge decided to stay with Taylor after being tricked into re-marrying her by Stephanie faking a heart attack. By the time Ridge came back to Brooke begging for a second chance, Brooke had made the single biggest effort to date to move on from him. At the time this happened, Brooke was actually married to his brother Nick, who at that point was *the* single most toughest competition Ridge had ever faced for her affections.

Thorston Kaye highlights the very worst of his traits but even with a slight more charismatic actor, Ridge was awful and I was sick of him. 

• Love 5

I can't remember, so maybe one of my fellow posters can remind me when and where it was Steffy obtained her psychiatric training, because she certainly had a lot to say about Hope and Brooke to their respective husbands. What these clowns should be doing is examining their motivations for not wanting Deacon in Hope's life. Steffy has no stake in that whatsoever, Liam is going on what he has been told, and for Ridge it is all about Deacon representing Brooke's darkest hour. None of that makes Deacon a bad guy. In fact, if these three clueless fucks had any self awareness, they would realize that they are not only the ones behaving badly, acting like raving lunatics, but are also the ones who have hurt and betrayed Hope more than Deacon ever could.

And what is Hope really asking of them? Nothing. All the girl wants to do is get to know her father. Her real father. Not the father of lore and legend, but the man himself. She is not moving him into her home, or asking anyone to sit down to dinner with him, or to hang out with him. She just wants to spend time with him on her own to understand him better and try and build a relationship. And at the core of it, that is the real issue. They are afraid of being outed as the frauds they are. They are afraid that they will be proven wrong as they watch Deacon being a stand up guy. That and the fact that Hope won't do what the people who think they run her life wants. I mean just look at Steffy's remark yesterday about how Hope is being completely unreasonable. Really? How is that exactly? Just the opposite; Hope is willing to meet halfway, but these three aren't having any of that. It is their way or the highway, and if Hope isn't in agreement, well then, of course there is something wrong with her. Liam also, whining about how Hope won't hear him? The fuck dude! She can hear you just fine; she just doesn't agree with you, and maybe doesn't want her husband trying to be her daddy. 

And because Hope and Brooke are willing to give Deacon a chance means that he has "gotten into their heads", because of course the wittle wimen folk are unable to make their own decisions and know their own fucking minds. 

I am also steamed that it looks like they are putting the kibosh on Carter and Katie. And for what? To have another man chasing Paris? Talk about overkill, and the way to destroy a character. What has Paris done that makes her so magical? She makes the room light up? She brings happiness and sunshine where she goes? Enough! It is like the cardinal rule of writing; SHOW DON'T TELL. All you have shown us is Paris's lack of fashion sense, her singing ability, and her ability to smile. Oh, I will give the character props for having the foresight to move out of Steffy and Finn's before she crossed the line with the good doctor. But other than that? I got nothing. 

So, I guess that means we will be saddled with Batie round 574748484894949403403938. 

How scintillating. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

It was well after RJ's birth and after Ridge decided to stay with Taylor after being tricked into re-marrying her by Stephanie faking a heart attack. By the time Ridge came back to Brooke begging for a second chance, Brooke had made the single biggest effort to date to move on from him. At the time this happened, Brooke was actually married to his brother Nick, who at that point was *the* single most toughest competition Ridge had ever faced for her affections.

And of course this was the second time he crawled into bed with an inebriated woman and had sex with her. The first being Caroline 1.0, who was married to Thorne, and had gotten drunk and went to bed. Ridge wanted to pull a prank and mess with her, but it went way past that. When Thorne found out it drove him over the edge and he shot Ridge. To this day Ridge still refers to his fucking his sister-in-law as "The Accident". 

• Love 6

The only smile Paris brings to my face when she enters the room is my laughing at whatever ridiculous get-up she's wearing that day.

Hmmm ... I'm not sure that Katie and Carter are finished before they even started. I saw a definite spark when they were discussing their lunch meeting. I think it would be all kinds of squick to put Carter together with Paris. He looks like he could be her father. 

Word to all the commentary on the Three Stooges and Deacon. I think Ridge and Liam are jealous and Steffy is just being her usual bitch self and still trying to keep a hand on one of Liam's balls. I hate how they keep preaching about "safety" and "the children." Personally, I would LOVE to see some Douglas-Deacon scenes. 

• Love 13

All the girl wants to do is get to know her father. Her real father. Not the father of lore and legend, but the man himself. She is not moving him into her home, or asking anyone to sit down to dinner with him, or to hang out with him. She just wants to spend time with him on her own to understand him better and try and build a relationship

Exactly this. And now we've gone from endless conversations about Eric's non-working equipment to endless conversations about how Deacon is evil and will let Hope down. I'm not saying I miss the Eric conversations, just pointing out the one-mindedness of this show. It's ridiculous. We spent months concerned about Eric and Quinn and now ... what of it?

Regardless, so what if Deacon is a screw up and so what if he lets Hope down? I'm not saying he will, just saying what if he does? So what! She'll pick herself up, dust herself off and move on. We all do it in various ways over the course of our lives! As if Liam hasn't let Hope down like a billion times already. Lawd. I will never understand this need to infantilize Hope.

I am also steamed that it looks like they are putting the kibosh on Carter and Katie. And for what? To have another man chasing Paris?

I will be disappointed if they do this too which of course means they will. This whole Paris is the most wonderful wonder of the world is stupid. You want the audience to believe that, why not show it rather than just forcing every character around her to sing her praises? Aside from Carter being too old for her, she already has 2 guys chasing her around ... does she really need a third?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 12/2/2021 at 10:22 AM, hypnotoad said:

And now we've gone from endless conversations about Eric's non-working equipment to endless conversations about how Deacon is evil and will let Hope down. I'm not saying I miss the Eric conversations, just pointing out the one-mindedness of this show.

Thats been a long standing problem, even before the show went to hell in a handbasket and had new dialogue each day. Ten years ago, all roads led to the Hope and Steffy feud with absolutely no breaks. I mean, when Kim Matula left, she'd appeared in 936 episodes over the span of nearly 5 years, to an average of 188 episodes. Mind you, one season of B&B is usually around 220 episodes. :|

Before that, it was Nick being the swinging dick who had more admirers than even Paris does now. And then, there was Bridge which in retrospect didn't consume nearly as much of the show as I once thought but the others in their orbit who were sacrificed to prop them definitely suffered.

But I will admit that even the previous Worst Seasons Ever were written in a way that kept the show moving and advanced the plot. It wasn't months of the same five lines being traded around like Pokemon cards and people actually DID THINGS. Some of them even had enough sense not to blab everything to every single person in their lives to make sure shit got done.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9

Another flashback! Yaaaeesss!

Followed up by Deacon diving in with both feet and his whole entire body. 

Yeah, there is something going down with Brooke; she is fighting it, but her mind is going back to the heat and passion. Oh yeah!

Are there any words to describe how absolutely clueless Ridge is? He sits there simultaneously complimenting his wife and dragging her like garbage, bringing up one of the most painful times in her life, asking her if she has feelings for another man? And then tells Brooke that Deacon is getting into her head? Dude is flat out gaslighting his wife and thinks Hope wanting to have a relationship with her dad makes that acceptable. Brooke is starting to fight back a little bit though; I think she is getting tired of Ridge dredging up the past. She had a few snarky comments about how "You're never going to let me forget it", and "why do you keep bringing all that up?" And I thought it was hilarious, and very telling, when Brooke told Ridge he probably needed to take care of that call, when he clearly wanted to stay and mind fuck Brooke some more. Brooke looked done though, and in other words was saying, get the hell out and let me think. 

Come on Carter! Katie was just taking a video call with her son; it wasn't about Bill. She told you earlier that she was done with all that, but she is not done with Will for heaven's sake. But there you are telling the Wonderful Wonder of Wonder's, how you keep picking unavailable women. Yes, of course, because we are setting it up for yet another man to be panting for Paris, who isn't available either. So Carter is gonna stab Zende in the back. Stupid fuckers. I won't watch it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Amen to that. Talk about choosing unavailable women, Carter has obviously set his sights on Paris. I think dude needs to meet a good therapist (not nuTaylor) instead of a love interest. 

Why does a grown-ass woman need somebody to help her balance her checkbook anyway?  There are too many personal finance for dummies apps to count out there that she can use. Carter could help her choose one -- in the office -- and be done.

Katie isn't going to neglect her son no matter WHO she's seeing. She definitely seems interested and Carter is just clueless and insecure enough to let it slip through his fingers.

Ridge can STFU. The way he's treating Brooke is nasty at best but really downright cruel. Either Sludge is going to get called away to International for a long-term crisis or is going to stalk away like a spoiled child (during TK's extended absence) to leave the door wide open for Breacon 2.0. And I can't wait! (For him to be gone and Breacon to sizzle again.)

• Love 13
On 12/2/2021 at 7:50 AM, RuntheTable said:

I can't remember, so maybe one of my fellow posters can remind me when and where it was Steffy obtained her psychiatric training, because she certainly had a lot to say about Hope and Brooke to their respective husbands.

Oh, but don't you know that Taylor rubbed off on Steffy? 

They're both about as qualified as Lucy Van Pelt.

s-l300.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Oh my, oh my, be still my heart! That Breacon flashback on TH.  I remember how hot they were together, but actually seeing it again ratched my memory waaaay up. They were so pretty and positively sizzled. The screen was smokin'.

I've FF thorough most of this week except to see Hope/Deacon/Brooke and the Bridge scenes. Bridge has been my hate watch this week to remind myself what a jerky asshat TKRidge is.  If anyone is hurting Brooke it's Ridge by throwing Breacon in her face. Yes Brooke, he is trying to hurt you by continuously bringing this up,  Ridge is positively seething with jealousy over something that happened when he was with Taylor -- as Brooke so helpfully reminded him on TH. I totally expect to hear Ridge refer to Hope as a stain on the family that they've had to live down all these years.

I think that Ridge will believe that Breacon is back on -- shades of the email years ago about Hope -- and take off in a angry huff for International/ Paris as he did before. I think Breacon will be flirty and walk down memory lane, but will realize that as much as the memories are fabulous, they cannot recapture the past - so no Breacon affair.  Of course Ridge/ Stuffy/Liam won't believe this. Because if Breacon are friendly of course they are having it on. Maybe, just maybe that friendship and Taylor reappearing will burn that Bridge forever.

I want Deacon the stick around, reformed but with an edge, a good bad boy. I don't want this whole thing to be his latest scam because I really really really don't want weeks and weeks and months and months of Ridge/Stuffy/Liam saying "I told you so."  Hope is growing a spine.  I need that spine to stay firmly in place.

Wouldn't it chap Ridge/Stuffy/Liam lips if Hope began to go by Hope Sharpe Spencer?

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

When Steffy starts in on Deacon being dangerous, I want to say: “Deacon missed. Taylor, YOUR dangerous bio-parent, shot your father-in-law, & didn’t miss. Then, she skipped outta town, potentially making your then-husband a suspect. The next year, she BOUGHT you a baby, so shut your lippy nonsense about dirty hot Deacon being dangerous.”

* My dates may be off, & Deacon may have actually shot someone at some point, but my point about Taylor stands.*

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

My dates may be off, & Deacon may have actually shot someone at some point, but my point about Taylor stands

I think he may have fired a gun right over Quinn's head after she tossed him off a cliff to save her ass but of course, she is fine today. You'd think for as much as Ridge hates Quinn now that he has no chance of scoring with her that his trying to kill her would be a point in his favor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Great move Ridge by getting Hope to move out of HER MOTHER’S HOUSE.  No Ridge ITS NOT YOUR HOME. 

In Ridge’s own words Deacon reminds him of Brooke’s biggest portrayal. So can we take this as another example of Ridge’s in ability to forgive Brooke?  If Ridge sees Deacon as a reminder of Brooke’s biggest portrayal, how, deep down inside, does he not view Hope in the same light?  

Has Ridge gone too far?  Is Ridge now driving Brooke into Deacon’s arms or maybe Bill’s?  Yes, it’s time for a change. 

• Love 13

Man, re-watching season one of B&B really, really reminds me that we didn't appreciate Ronn Moss or the writers we had back then nearly enough. Even as a hothead, he never, never who act like this towards Brooke or most other women, save for Amber (who was banging his underage son after scamming another barely legal relative into marriage) and Darla (which was grossly out of character, but I could definitely see this version of Ridge calling Darla a dingbat at every opportunity!). Even on the rare occasion they ever had a truly heated argument, Ridge would at least listen to Brooke before beating his chest. 

I mean, Ridge didn't act this petulant and jealous when Brooke took a red eye from Sydney to run to Nick on the flimsiest of excuses ad that was the one and only time I was ever on Ridge's side of an argument.

• Love 10

Hope should have reminded that jerk that it's her mother's house, she lived there before Ridge and will be there after.

Ridge own grandson lives there, does he have any relationship with him. He's saying Brooke likes having the grandchildren there.  Ridge just kicked his own grandchild out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Wow and wow! I can't believe Ridge kicked Hope off her own mother's property. Wait until Brooke get ahold of this. Where does he get off on that? So, he's doing it for his own "sanity" jealousy? I kinda secretly can't wait for this to all blow up! (Hee!)

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

"I'm going to protect your mother, and the relationship we have, and the life we've built"

Were you protecting all those things when you were cavorting all over LA with Shauna? How about when you left town with her, and wound up divorced from Brooke and married to her? No matter you were drunk out of your mind, which in and of itself is bad enough, but the fact remains you made the conscious choice to leave town with another woman while still married. 

"You're all grown up now; an adult. Well, you know what? So am I"

Really? I have seen very little evidence of that.

"I can't be around Deacon; I despise the kid"

The kid? Deacon is more a man than you could ever lay claim to. Calling him a "kid" is nothing more than grade school bullying, and a feeble attempt to demean someone. 

"It's effecting my relationship with Brooke; he's come between us before and I am not going to let it happen again"

Actually, it isn't Deacon that is effecting your relationship with Brooke, it is your bullying, and braying, and attempts to brow beat everyone into submission. It is also about how you abuse your wife, attempting to break her spirit by dredging up a point in her life she has tried to forget. Constantly throwing her betrayal in her face, then telling her you are only doing it because you love her and want her to see Deacon for what he is. 

Ridge is simply all over the place; he is trying to protect Hope, he is trying to protect Hope's kids, he is trying to protect his wife. But when he gets wound up, the truth inevitably slips out, and we learn that it is really all about Ridge, and how he feels about Brooke sleeping with Deacon, and having his child. He is behaving like his deceased mother, sitting in judgement, when he has absolutely no leg to stand on. He has slept with two sister-in-law's, one while she was drunk, and the other right in his brother's face; eventually causing the collapse of both their marriages. And while he never slept with her, he still carried on a month's long kissing affair with his mother-in-law, that included rolling around on the Guest House bed, betraying both his father and his then fiance Brooke. 

And you need to remember that you were not with Brooke at that time. You had dumped her and her kids like a heap of garbage, running back to Taylor the minute you found out Thomas was your son. Brooke became happily involved with your brother Thorne, but you couldn't allow that, and interfered by hatching a horrible plan of deception, that resulted in one of your ugliest moments. 

No, you have never been able to allow Brooke any happiness that did not include you. But Deacon was never really your stiffest competition, those honors go to Nick, Thorne, and Bill. So all this vitriol about Deacon isn't jealousy. You are consumed with anger, and rage, and disgust at what Brooke did with Deacon. And none of that has anything to do with Bridget either, because after finding out about Hope's paternity, you wasted no time running to Bridget, the girl you raised as your own daughter, and swapping spit. Talk to me again about who is fucking disgusting?

Now, you are upping the ante by throwing out ultimatums you have no right to make. The cabin is Hope's home, not yours, the property belongs to Brooke, not you. Going to Hope first is a major faux pau on your part. I hope Deacon does not confront the clod but goes back up to Brooke and tells her what is happening at the cabin. Let her go down and handle her beast of a husband, and hopefully put him in his rightful place, which should be out the door and on the street. Ridge is an ass. And a pig. And a judgmental prick. Go take a long walk off a very short pier. Fucktard. 

I found Brooke and Deacon refreshing. It is nice to see her relaxing enough to actually conversate with him again. It isn't much, but it is a start. 

• Love 18
6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

But Deacon was never really your stiffest competition, those honors go to Nick, Thorne, and Bill.

The argument could very well be made for any of them, but I'd have to go with Nick personally. Ridge came running back after learning of Taylor's hypocrisy, after months of knowing Stephanie had lied to force his hand, and Brooke turned him down flat. Homegirl was single AF and was making the attempt to distance herself from Nick and she was having none of it. TIIC knew they'd done a great job of selling Bricky because they had to do more backflips than Simone Biles to trash Nick and poison that well to sell that Bridge reunion.

I'd love it for a recast Nick to come back. He doesn't even need to get with Brooke, he can just be there to antagonize "Forrester" and maybe punch Liam the next time he steps out on Hope.

• Love 8

Um, why are the writers wanting the viewers to absolutely hate Ridge? Is it for Brooke to jump into bed with Deacon and for Hope to have father back for good?  I guess it’s a way for Ridge to hook up with nuTaylor whenever she arrives. He was such a major jacka** on Friday’s episode that wanted to punch his lights out. I guess if that’s what the writers intended guess it’s working. I know TK was going to leave on a long break but somehow it must have been canceled because he’s on a lot and this current storyline seems ongoing. Also, Liam & Hope might want to check on the installation of their cottage. Deacon was able to hear right through the wall of Ridge and Hope’s entire conversation. 

• Love 9

The only silver lining to Ridge’s ridiculousness is that it is going to drive a wedge between him and Brooke. Because of Hope’s origins and Ridge continuing to throw that in her face as well as threaten the semblance of family Hope is longing for with Deacon’s return, Ridge is going to spark Brooke’s mama bear instincts and she’s going to protect her child. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Since Deacon is back, how long do you think it will take for nuTaylor to throw up Brooke's "past" in her face? She starts on Friday, so I am predicting Monday or Tuesday.

My money is 30 seconds after her return, because Taylor has the self awareness of a gnat and doesn't care that she literally pulled the same shit on Phoebe and she's dead because of it.

• Love 4

Brooke was too damned nice to Ridge. I am glad she went there and said HE moved into HER house.

And yes, Ridge, Deacon actually comes out BETTER than Thomas does IMO. Thomas was a straight up stalker, lied about a dead baby to keep a woman, abused his son, manipulated Hope using his son to try to keep her, tried to KIDNAP Hope before Liam could tell her the truth about Beth, faked his death to mess with her head, contributed to the death of Emma....need I go on?

B&B is listening to fans talking about Lope staying in that too tiny cabin. Can we actually believe we're getting a new set and home for them and the kids?

Ridge is imploding his own marriage. He's showing he doesn't trust Brooke when it comes to Deacon and is worried she'll be 'led astray' and hopefully soon Brooke will realize this and call him out on it and they'll get down to getting real. Wonder if they'll separate with TK then taking his sabbatical, leaving Brooke to explore/sow some oats with Deacon....

Sheila was so thirsty. Girl, no. Go hump the concierge that was throwing himself at you. Deacon's been with Nikki, Victoria, and Phyllis Newman. You don't want no piece of that!

• Useful 2
  • Love 9