Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Even the oft quoted "stain on the family" thing, while not a great turn of phrase, was Ridge speculating what the media may say if the scandal broke out, not his personal opinion.

Thank you for this clip! I've seen references to Ridge calling Hope a stain on the family and I wondered about it - though not enough to search for it (hee lazy). What Ridge is saying in the clip made sense and it was true.

Thorston Kaye OTOH, only knows how to do horny and angry well and he is written accordingly.

I'm going to disagree with this. He's done several quiet emotional scenes with John McCook. I think he is capable of doing those scenes with Hope too the issues is the writing is sooooo much worse now. It's so basic. Ridge shouts and threatens. That's it. Watching that older scene of Ridge and Brooke really discussing the potential consequences of Hope being in the spotlight just shows how far the writing has fallen. Would anyone have that kind of logical discussion now? Not likely.

Which was my point about the whole Eric, Quinn, Carter and Logan girls nonsense. I mean the story we are left with is just cat fights and a manipulative old codger. Rather than a chance for Quinn to maybe be a grown up and have real conversations with her husband and vice versa. It's just far easier to go with silly cat fights.

I wish I cared at all about Zende, Paris and Thomas but honestly I can't be bothered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke didn’t Nick Marone actually adopt Hope when you were married to him. 

The process was started but never completed.

If I'm keeping it 100, the dad I wish Hope would seek out was Nick. Deacon may not be the full scum everyone makes him out to be, but no man ever loved her more than he did and having her in his life did play a huge part in his pursuit of a family (with him being the Jack Abbott of LA in losing out A WHOLE LOT of opportunities to be a father).

5 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Watching that older scene of Ridge and Brooke really discussing the potential consequences of Hope being in the spotlight just shows how far the writing has fallen. Would anyone have that kind of logical discussion now? Not likely.

And the funny thing is, I thought the writing was trash back then for turning the whole reveal into a segway for Nick and Aggie/Sandy's story with her rapist and missing a big opportunity for Hope to have a discussion with Bridget about this reveal, despite them both being in the same hospital at the same time. Bridget was there tearing Aggie a new one about keeping secrets with only her husband and wouldn't share a scene with Hope until the end of July after the Posse crap.

All that out the way, I too miss some semblance of nuance in the writing too. Because in that scene, they both made good points and they're both coming from a place of genuine love and care. She shouldn't be defined by actions she had no control over but this was the 2010s and young women were trashed in the media back then over less.

I dunno if the increasingly uglier writing for Ridge was an intentional choice on Bell's part after the recast, but if it is, I wish he'd stop Chuck Lorre-ing it up and take out his personal feelings over RM leaving in his diary. This recast might have been halfway accepted if they'd even tried to write a character we'd been familiar with for the previous 25 years. With nuTaylor coming onboard in a few weeks and replacing a far more popular actress, we'll have a direct comparison  as to how much of this is writing.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8

And the funny thing is, I thought the writing was trash back then for turning the whole reveal into a segway for Nick and Aggie/Sandy's story with her rapist and missing a big opportunity for Hope to have a discussion with Bridget about this reveal, despite them both being in the same hospital at the same time.

I don't know what any of this is about! I wasn't watching then but it sounds pretty stupid.

All that out the way, I too miss some semblance of nuance in the writing too. Because in that scene, they both made good points and they're both coming from a place of genuine love and care.

Yes! I mean RM is not a good actor but he could manage to convey gentleness and caring when needed. I think TK can too - Ridge has had a few subtle scenes with Eric but they are so few and far between it's hard to remember it!

As you note, this scene is a real discussion about real issues and real concerns. Because yes a reporter would have started digging into Hope's origins. I really like that Ridge isn't saying anything meanly or cruelly. Every single time I read that bit about Hope being a stain on the family, I was expecting something awful when I saw the actual scene. But nope not at all.

This recast might have been halfway accepted if they'd even tried to write a character we'd been familiar with for the previous 25 years. With nuTaylor coming onboard in a few weeks and replacing a far more popular actress, we'll have a direct comparison  as to how much of this is writing.

I agree the recast would have had more of a chance to work if he was remotely Ridge-like even in the writing. My issue is, he isn't very Ridge-like in appearance. I mean the dude is supposed to be some fantastic fashion designer and he looks like a hobo most of the time. It just doesn't work for me at all. Honestly, I think there are so many ex soap actors out there who would have been better in this role.

As for Taylor, I am glad they have recast the role but I mean the writers had her so far off the rails the last few times she appeared almost anything other than crazy will be a vast improvement for the character. I know a lot of folks in these parts aren't Taylor fans, but I didn't mind her way back in the day. But more recent stints have been unbearable.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I know a lot of folks in these parts aren't Taylor fans, but I didn't mind her way back in the day. But more recent stints have been unbearable.

There are characters I admit just aren't for me but fill a niche. Taylor was always up her own ass about her "virtues," perhaps stemming from growing up with an alcoholic for a father and needing a sense of order as one poster speculated long ago. She was flawed but I could get her motives and she had moments of decency that made her come off as a real person.

That's a far cry from whatever the fuck everything after 2005 was. In retrospect, I'm more Team Brooke nowadays but the writing in the last 15 years is unforgivably trash for her. A less rigid Taylor made sense given everything and the years she lost to Sheila but as usual, TIIC went the most obnoxious route with that. I mean, Taylor ended up with Nick anyway (one of my favorite pairing of hers, BTW 11/10 even with the stupid, predictable ending), so why wasn't she the one who came between him and Bridget? It would've given her and Brooke a valid reason to have a conflict unrelated to Ridge nd Brooke something akin to redemption for Deacon.

As you say, anything would an improvement over...that.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

So what happened to Quinn, Carter and Katie? Did Thomas bust things up and they ran? 

I can't really express how happy I am that Brooke has chosen to support her daughter at the expense of her Destiny. Fuck Ridge.

I'm gonna say this, and I am surprised to find myself feeling this way, but Deacon's success with Hope is making me feel bad for Sheila. OMG. I hate myself for even typing that, but there you have it. It seems they don't know which way to go with Sheila this time. Outside of showing up at Cliff House, threatening Jack, texting Finn, and her fake fainting bit, Sheila hasn't really done anything. And that list is small potatoes for this character. I still don't trust her, but watching Deacon leave the hotel room all pumped up and happy kinda made me feel sad for Sheila. 

16 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

!!! Okay I actually remember that now! I thought there was another time he mentioned that stain thing.

Me too. I totally remember the office scene that Hope overheard, but I thought there was another scene later on; Brooke and Ridge were fighting about Rick, and Ridge was going on about her fucked up kids, and I swear I thought he called Hope the stain of the family again. Well, not the first time I have been wrong. But even removing that from my list of his crimes against Brooke; it remains a pretty substantial list. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I think the old Taylor (HT) was popular when she was on years ago but her last two times, she was horrible and awful to look at. I won’t miss her at all.

Yeah, Hunter Tylo was the bomb in her original run. She & Ronn Moss we’re pretty hot and very successful. Amazingly, she was the doctor for Caroline. That’s when Ridge and Caroline were a huge thing. Ronn Moss was very lucky to have three successful love interest during his run. Anyhoo, as someone noted above that the last time Hunter came back sort of proves sometimes you can’t go back and things change. Especially, Hunter Tylo. She had too much plastic surgery and also Ronn Moss wasn’t there any longer. The show was till trying to get Brooke and nuRidge off the ground and hardly put Hunter in TK orbit as Ridge. I am curious to see how invested the show gets with Krista Allan as Taylor.  I guess Taylor will be a shoulder for Ridge to lean on with the issues Ridge and Brooke will have about Deacon. If Krista and TK don’t have chemistry they might chem test her with other guys, too. Time will tell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I guess Taylor will be a shoulder for Ridge to lean on with the issues Ridge and Brooke will have about Deacon. If Krista and TK don’t have chemistry they might chem test her with other guys, too. Time will tell. 

I'm happy that Steffy and Thomas will have a mom to talk to as well.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

But even removing that from my list of his crimes against Brooke; it remains a pretty substantial list. 

Yeah pretty much lol!!! And now that I've slept on it some more, It doesn't matter he didn't call her a stain(of course I'm glad he didn't) he still sucks as a stepdad to her, that's still a fact, even if only now in the last 2-5 years. And he still said he didn't care much for her so...🤷‍♀️ 

9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:
11 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I know a lot of folks in these parts aren't Taylor fans, but I didn't mind her way back in the day. But more recent stints have been unbearable.

There are characters I admit just aren't for me but fill a niche. Taylor was always up her own ass about her "virtues," (and you know what's funny? she shaded Hope for using her "virtues" to seduce Lame away from Steffy after Stallion night. Like I cannot with this silly goose)perhaps stemming from growing up with an alcoholic for a father and needing a sense of order as one poster speculated long ago. She was flawed but I could get her motives and she had moments of decency that made her come off as a real person.

That's a far cry from whatever the fuck everything after 2005 was. In retrospect, I'm more Team Brooke nowadays but the writing in the last 15 years is unforgivably trash for her. A less rigid Taylor made sense given everything and the years she lost to Sheila but as usual, TIIC went the most obnoxious route with that. I mean, Taylor ended up with Nick anyway (one of my favorite pairing of hers, BTW 11/10 even with the stupid, predictable ending), so why wasn't she the one who came between him and Bridget? It would've given her and Brooke a valid reason to have a conflict unrelated to Ridge nd Brooke something akin to redemption for Deacon.

As you say, anything would an improvement over...that.

I agree with all of that. I'm sure some of it is bad writing, a lot of it seems to be just who she is tbh. Taylor isn't for me either but I could deal with her a lot more if she never took her frustrations with Brooke out on Hope, and if she didn't turn Steffy into what she was/is today. Spinning tales like Brooke kept Ridge from her and her children and choose Brooke & her kids over her like ??????? Come on now... Ridge abandoned Brooke for Taylor at least twice. I think he left her after Pheobe died too. I'm low-key shocked Taylor isn't hated more. Characters with similar traits to hers on other soaps get reprimanded for less, even if only sporadically. This is the only forum (that I know of) willing to go in on her revisionist historian, holier than thou ass, everyone & everywhere else kisses it like she hasn't and can do no wrong...or specifically that she hasn't ever wronged Brooke.   

I'm no big Brooke fan, far from it. The thing is, she is dragged by the narrative and the fanbase she doesn't get away with shit. It doesn't matter if she actually wrong or not lol. So I don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon unless she is being that big of a pill. Like she has been the last year and some change. Encouraging her daughter to waste more years with L.A's least wanted, giving a free pass to Felony for trafficking Beth and keeping her trap shut about it for a year while pissing on Thomas about it, and a slap on the wrist to Lame for fucking around on her daughter for the millionth time. 

Other characters like Taylor (Alexis Davis from GH I guess but I feel like that's an insult to Alexis) eventually have some self-awareness/humility especially after they themselves start fucking up, or have redeeming qualities that make their occasional, hypocrisy toward the other heroines tolerable. Do people even know that Taylor shagged her daughter's boyfriend? With all the noise that's made about Brooke doing it, I have to wonder. 

Even Stephanie, of all people, got sick of her of her bullshit after a while.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeamGabi said:

Do people even know that Taylor shagged her daughter's boyfriend? With all the noise that's made about Brooke doing it, I have to wonder. 

Oh, they know, and it was indirectly a reason Phoebe confronted Rick and was killed as a result. And Taylor still had the chuzpah to throw Bridget in Brooke's face a year or so later. Yes, Rick and Phoebe had broken up before they got together in her very marginal defense but she kept that hidden for months before she had to found that out by seeing them in bed IIRC.

and you know what's funny? she shaded Hope for using her "virtues" to seduce Lame away from Steffy after Stallion night. Like I cannot with this silly goose

7198358d-dc14-4d94-943b-85e6e25ca34c.thumb.jpg.b0f5c115fc0808967a4832ef445b2704.jpg

God I forgot all about that batshittery. I hope she has some semblance of reality when KT shows up next month.

I seem to remember her trying in vain to reign in Steffy when she was going after a married Bill back in 2010-11. Despite Katie being a Logan, she seemed to know that this was not great behavior. As unhinged as she's become, she'd probably buy the condoms herself if she thought it'd get to screwing with a Logan. Oy.

I'm no big Brooke fan, far from it. The thing is, she is dragged by the narrative and the fanbase she doesn't get away with shit. It doesn't matter if she actually wrong or not lol. So I don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon unless she is being that big of a pill

Exactly! Plus, Brooke has some actual embarrassment about the things she does and isn't maliciously cruel. About the most deliberately shitty thing I can recall is her sending Deacon and Macy alcoholic drinks the day they handed her company back to Eric. Not great but not in the category of setting her up to be seduced by Ridge to break up her relationship with Thorne.

As I mentioned a while ago, the thing annoying me most about Brooke these days is how Taylor-like she's become. One was one too many.

Even Stephanie, of all people, got sick of her of her bullshit after a while.

Stephanie never cared for her to begin with. She was always a means to an ends and after se finally accepted Brooke was going nowhere, Taylor flipped on her too.

That said, Stephanie went ham on her after finding out she killed Darla and good on her for that.

• Love 6

If Liam and Steffy push back on Hope regarding Deacon, I hope she looks at them, says one word "mannequin", and walks away.  Won't happen but it would be something different and fun. So is Hope growing up.  Yesterday, I was calling her Hope14.  Poor little girl. Has she reached her 20s yet?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Strolling down memory lane with all this talk about the O.G. TOD, I'm struck by how much this show actually got right back then.  Casting-wise, anyway.  KKL, RM and HT were straight-up beautiful.  While none of the three were great actors (by any stretch), they all brought something to the table that made them compelling.

Brooke and Ridge (RM) were  .  .  . apologies .  .  . unforgettable.  When Katie was insecuring about Brooke to Carter saying she's the woman no man can ever forget?  Yeah!  I didn't snicker or sneer as I would have if it had been said about just about any other actress/character.  But KKL is pretty and has a flirty, charming nature that, coupled with a soft, sexual allure, makes her irresistible to men.  It makes absolute perfect sense that Brooke is the object of every man's desire.

Similarly, RM's Ridge was ridiculously handsome and had a charismatic presence that, along with a light romantic charm, made Ridge the male Brooke, i.e., the man every woman wanted.  Even Macy was pushed toward Ridge in the beginning when Sally purred "that's a man right there."

And HT?  Was beautiful.  She had a type of calm, serene beauty that made her interesting and attractive to every man (inclduing the whole male side of the Logan family).  If Krista Allen hasn't messed with herself too much, she'll be what HT would have been had her acting not become crazy histrionic and had she driven past the plastic surgeon's office.

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Strolling down memory lane with all this talk about the O.G. TOD, I'm struck by how much this show actually got right back then.  Casting-wise, anyway.  KKL, RM and HT were straight-up beautiful.  While none of the three were great actors (by any stretch), they all brought something to the table that made them compelling.

Brooke and Ridge (RM) were  .  .  . apologies .  .  . unforgettable.  When Katie was insecuring about Brooke to Carter saying she's the woman no man can ever forget?  Yeah!  I didn't snicker or sneer as I would have if it had been said about just about any other actress/character.  But KKL is pretty and has a flirty, charming nature that, coupled with a soft, sexual allure, makes her irresistible to men.  It makes absolute perfect sense that Brooke is the object of every man's desire.

Similarly, RM's Ridge was ridiculously handsome and had a charismatic presence that, along with a light romantic charm, made Ridge the male Brooke, i.e., the man every woman wanted.  Even Macy was pushed toward Ridge in the beginning when Sally purred "that's a man right there."

And HT?  Was beautiful.  She had a type of calm, serene beauty that made her interesting and attractive to every man (inclduing the whole male side of the Logan family).  If Krista Allen hasn't messed with herself too much, she'll be what HT would have been had her acting not become crazy histrionic and had she driven past the plastic surgeon's office.

That said, when I saw the publicity picture of Krista Allen I didn’t recognize her. I will need to see her in action on B&B for a better assessment. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, madfortv said:

If Liam and Steffy push back on Hope regarding Deacon, I hope she looks at them, says one word "mannequin", and walks away.  Won't happen but it would be something different and fun. So is Hope growing up.  Yesterday, I was calling her Hope14.  Poor little girl. Has she reached her 20s yet?

Man, this is the story she should've had in her teens back when Bridget was still an active character on the show instead of the pissing contest with Steffy and the comparatively shallow Posse boink drama that in retrospect she really only moved past because Liam entered the picture. This is the kind of compelling teen drama that got kids hooked back in the day. The difference between the way Rick and Bridget would tell Brooke to shove it versus the kid gloves Hope was handled with even when her character did have more spice and sass is worlds apart.

I'll be glad when she goes after Deacon on her own instead of trying to reason with her shitty family but...baby steps. And I think it's telling that even the accts I normally see bashing Hope have been praising her for standing up for herself, or at least giving Brooke grief...I call that one for the W column.

• Love 7

Brooke’s favorite past time is beating a dead horse. How many times can’t she accept the fact that people can make up their own minds and stop trying to convince people the can’t. 

Ok, so today Stuffy took the dog shit off her head and turned it into a ponytail. I’m sorry to say this about a once beautiful young woman, JMW, but the doctors have certainly fucked up her face. With her hair pulled back her face looks distorted. Not like a Picasso distorted but more of a caricature distortion. 

Right on cue Liam shows up and Brooke just has to be there to put her two cents in.   Thankfully Hope told Brooke to get lost. 

Fuck you Stuffy. How many times has she sent Kelly to stay at the very small very crowded cabin?  None or never?  Also, fuck you Ridge for having Deacon followed by Justin.  

Liam, isn’t your father a bit of a criminal?  Isn’t Lurch a criminal but he’s around Douglas. 

Brooke thinks that Hope’s and Liam’s marriage can be damaged by having Deacon in their lives but thinks nothing about the damage Stuffy’s and Finn’s marriage could have by keeping Shiela away. 

The only thing that Liam can say that Deacon effected him specifically was delaying his and Hope’s marriage in Italy but wasn’t that at Bill’s behest?  Other than that, Liam only knows Deacon through being bastardized by the Foresters. 

What hits home for me is that I’ve worked with and for miserable people but none can compare to Brooke, Ridge, and Stuffy. Their purpose is to try to make people as miserable as they are by telling them they know what’s best for them and what they want doesn’t matter. 

They keep bringing up that they have to protect their children like Deacon of Shiela would kidnap them or cook and eat them.  

• Love 7

I hope that when Taylor shows up again that she has to answer for her part in Beth’s kidnapping. She paid the money to Dr. Shady and pushed for the whole questionable adoption of PhoeBeth. 

Hasn't Flo been welcomed as an official Logan? Honestly did anyone really suffer any lasting consequences for any of that? So yeah no, I doubt very much that any of this will be a plot point for her return.

If Liam and Steffy push back on Hope regarding Deacon, I hope she looks at them, says one word "mannequin", and walks away.

Now that would be awesome.

When Katie was insecuring about Brooke to Carter saying she's the woman no man can ever forget?  Yeah!

I have to be honest, I've never understood that whole woman no man can forget thing. Not ever. I've never found Brooke all that interesting or compelling.

• Love 2

Steffy and Ridge are acting like Deacon is worse than Sheila. What did he do that the others like Bill do? He tried to kill Quinn? The Logans care about that?

Go Hope! Bringing up 2nd chances and how she gave it. Bringing up Bill and all he's done.

Steffy is last person that should be judging Hope on decisions that will affect her marriage.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke thinks that Hope’s and Liam’s marriage can be damaged by having Deacon in their lives

I can't believe this woman graduated second in her class on goddamn chemistry of all things being this backasswards stupid.

But sure, let's pretend this was true: what on God's green earth is possibly worth saving about Lope? Any halfway decent parent would've had it out with Lame after the Aspen wedding at the bare fucking minimum but neither Brooke nor Taylor could put their history aside for 5 minutes to tell their kids to dump this bozo. If he walks for good, it'll be the second best thing to happen in Hope's entire life behind getting Beth back...and an extremely close second at that.

Liam, isn’t your father a bit of a criminal?  Isn’t Lurch a criminal but he’s around Douglas. 

He protested Hope adopting Douglas--a kid who was actually in real and immediate danger by his father and spoke up about Beth despite said danger--and I remember all his complaints were that he was using the kid to come between them. He wasn't wrong, but considering he was willing to let the kid hang on the vine because of his own insecurities, maybe he can STFU and sit this round out.

Also, if Liam didn't have a history of bolting when shit got rough, Thomas wouldn't have thought he could get Hope *finger snap* just like that, so maybe not that down, ya putz.

The only thing that Liam can say that Deacon effected him specifically was delaying his and Hope’s marriage in Italy but wasn’t that at Bill’s behest?

Deacon had nothing to do with him sticking his tongue down Steffy's throat because of that delay, nor for him keeping quiet until Hope found the video of them making out after returning to LA so...IMO, no. If Bill couldn't get Deacon to fuck shit up, he'd have found some other way and the end result of him with Steffy would've been the same because William Spencer III we're talking about.

5 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Hasn't Flo been welcomed as an official Logan? Honestly did anyone really suffer any lasting consequences for any of that? So yeah no, I doubt very much that any of this will be a plot point for her return

This is probably an UO (at least on this board) that Taylor was the least responsible in all of that. What she did was gross and she barely even consulted Steffy about all of that before talking to Dr. Buckingham, but we didn't get a full eight months of her making up every excuse under the sun for why they had to keep quiet about it. Mostly because HTy left shortly after it all started but me being an optimist would like to think she'd have been horrified to know she'd inadvertantly caused this mess given what happened with her own fertility nightmare. At worst she wouldn't give a shit that a Logan had been hurt but she could've railed on Thomas for having his lie hurt Steffy like a normal parent.

4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Steffy is last person that should be judging Hope on decisions that will affect her marriage.

Narratively, I have to ask why Steffy cares so much. The show is pretending they've put the past behind them and it's better than ToD 2: Millennial Boogaloo drama, but she has no stake in this. What does it matter that Deacon's around? It's not like Kelly gets to leave the Cliff House anyway. Besides, talking sense into the idiot she's currently married to appears to be a full time job in and of itself.

4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Happy Veterans' Day, @Anna Yolei! 🌟 🚢🌟

OMG, thanks so much 🥰🥰🥰

I somehow always manage to forget despite living in the largest military city in America LOL 😂

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10

Shut up Steffy. Holy cow, this twit is carrying on as if Deacon is the world's most notorious child stealer, kidnapper, killer or whatever. Deacon has never hurt a child. Deacon is not like that. Deacon shot a gun at his ex-wife because she walked out on him, then tried to kill him by pushing him off a cliff. But just listen to Steffy going on about not being able to take Kelly to Hope's house. Whaaaaaa? Kelly is very seldom allowed to be awake, much less leave her home. And what does she think Deacon is going to do to Beth, Kelly and Douglas? Skin them alive? Boil them in their own pudding? Torch the cabin with them inside? 

Steffy can also step out of Hope's fucking business. Didn't she just barge into Hope and Finn's conversation and tell Hope the same thing. Yeah; like that. And considering you have done more to hurt Hope than Deacon ever has, and most of the time done it with her husband, fiance, or boyfriend? Girl bye!

Imma bit confused. Shouldn't Thomas be making decisions about who Douglas can see? 

And score one for Hope for bringing up Liam's father. Now Liam knows the shit Bill has done. He knows his dad was on a mission to wreck Hope's life, as well as all the other stuff Bill has orchestrated over the years. So why does daddy get a pass and not Deacon? What buildings has Deacon had torched? What buildings has Deacon had blown up with people inside it. Did Deacon sleep with his daughter-in-law and force a paternity test? Of all the people involved; Liam has the least wiggle room and the shortest leg to stand on. 

Of course Justin will report that Deacon is living with Sheila in a hotel room. Hopefully he will get to explain to his daughter that he had no where to go and Sheila offered him a couch. But it will be the final nail in the coffin with the others, because it will automatically mean he was lying. You know, because none of them have ever lied or betrayed anyone. 

• Love 14

A few days ago Steffy told Hope that if she wanted to have a relationship with Deacon then that’s her business, but leave Finn out of it. Now she’s upset that Hope is making a decision about Deacon on her own and that it will harm Kelly. I get that she has a right to say if Deacon is visiting she prefers Kelly not to be there, but that’s as far as her rights go in this situation. It’s something that could be logistically worked around without acting like the sky is falling because Hope wants to see her dad. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I hope that when Taylor shows up again that she has to answer for her part in Beth’s kidnapping. She paid the money to Dr. Shady and pushed for the whole questionable adoption of PhoeBeth. 

Taylor did play a part in a very questionable adoption.  That is a fact.  But she played no part in Dr. Buckingham's kidnapping of Beth Spencer.  I'm not a fan of Taylor, but she isn't a kidnapper.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Imma bit confused. Shouldn't Thomas be making decisions about who Douglas can see? 

Unless Thomas has had his custodial rights reinstated, legally he has no say, despite the visits Hope's allow. AFAIC, he should've thought about that before handing off the child of his last obsession to the current one in his scheme to keep close to her. At least Deacon wouldn't attempt to slap a child for telling the truth (yeah, still mad about that one and how the show glossed over child abuse like they did).

3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

A few days ago Steffy told Hope that if she wanted to have a relationship with Deacon then that’s her business, but leave Finn out of it. Now she’s upset that Hope is making a decision about Deacon on her own and that it will harm Kelly. I get that she has a right to say if Deacon is visiting she prefers Kelly not to be there, but that’s as far as her rights go in this situation. It’s something that could be logistically worked around without acting like the sky is falling because Hope wants to see her dad. 

Right. As Hope herself brought up, she asked for Taylor not to be around Beth but she never made demands of Steffy to cut her out of her life because of that. She just wouldn't have Beth around the Cliff House if she was there. Given every other hateful thing she'd done to the Logans, I wouldn't want those bad vibes around my kid, shooting or no shooting.

• Love 8

Even if Taylor did play a apart in Beth's kidnapping she wouldn't suffer any consequences anyhow.  She got away with killing Darla and shooting Bill, and these were non-Logan characters lol. But jokes aside, She's not responsible. I think what was meant is that Taylor should face social ramifications for tryharding a quickie adoption in the first place all in a desperate effort for her princess Steffy to get Lame back after Stallion night. Taylor figured Steffy caring for two young children would eventually make Lame forget Steffy fucked his dad. Since she had two kids to Hope's zero, Lame would just have to leave his grieving wife for Steffy! B&B "logic" everybody. I honestly hope no one brings it up to her anyway she'll probably turn it around to make it about Hope stealing her own kidnapped child back from Steffy. Cos fuck logic. Just like recusing Douglas from his abusive father was also "stealing" him.

In speaking of the high horsing heifer bitch, Steffy! There is just no pleasing you is there? Hope was never in your business to begin with, but you got in her face anyway and told her to back off. Now she has made the conscious decision to have Deacon in her life and possibly meet her children. Not yours. Time to take your own advice. Do the writers understand that harping on Deacon like he's the devil will not make any Ridge, Lame or Steffy look better. Two of the three clowns I just mentioned have done more to hurt Hope in a year than Deacon has the whole time she's been alive. Stop telling lies in your scripts. Holy fucking shit. 

I'm thrilled that Hope brought up Bill but in true Hope fashion, she was too nice. She didn't go far enough into all the times he ruined her life for no real reason. And with all the shit she is catching for trying to have a relationship with Deacon, I hope she gains some perspective that forgiving and/or playing nice with these people does absolutely nothing in the end, and she might as well dish what they each have coming. 

19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Brooke thinks that Hope’s and Liam’s marriage can be damaged by having Deacon in their lives (Brooke go stand in the corner and put some fucking clown shoes on)

Writers? Don't tease me if you can't please me. Not on this one okay? 

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

I think what was meant is that Taylor should face social ramifications for tryharding a quickie adoption in the first place all in a desperate effort for her princess Steffy to get Lame back after Stallion night.

Totally agree.  Running down Darla and shooting Bill are the two biggest transgressions that I can think of, that the esteemed Dr. Hayes hasn't been held accountable.  I'm a sucker for a redemption storyline, so when I heard of the re-casting, I couldn't help but think of Taylor returning, having had some extensive therapy, addiction recovery, a new meds regimen and new sense of atonement.  Now's her chance to create relationships with her grand kids, make amends with her kids, her ex, Brooke, and of course, Bill.  I hope this is the case.  And maybe Ridge will see her in a new light, and maybe Taylor might be the monkeywrench in Sheila's master plan.

• Love 8

Steffy can shut her trap about Hope allowing Deacon in her life and "OMG! What about Kelly! and the other kids!!!"

Um, your own mother tried to kill Bill by shooting him in the back. A crime which you've kept secret. Glass houses and all that. Oh, but that's different, because it's HER mother. 

Also, Liam - you fucked Steffy because you thought you saw Hope kissing Thomas and "Hope" was a mannequin. Also, Bill tried to kill you, punched you out, made Hope's life a living hell once upon a time, and also fucked your wife - but it's just fine and dandy now.

And Ridge has zero right to say anything because when push has come to shove, especially the last several years, he has shafted Hope in favor of his precious Taytots. Also, who was it that essentially stole Douglas from his own father for months by coming up with a huge lie about the paternity and the doctor who was trying to get Ridge to come clean ended up dead for his trouble? Oh, that's right, it was Ridge!

• Love 12

The more I am sitting here, listening to the hypocrisy, the madder I am getting.

So Bill can do whatever he wants (as listed above) and he has a free pass to be in Liam's life and Beth's life.

So Taylor can do whatever she wants (as listed above) and she has a free pass to be in Kelly and Douglas' lives.

But Deacon?

He is the devil and must be exorcised at every opportunity.

giphy.gif

• Love 13

I forgot to mention this yesterday but Liam seemed to be more concerned about Hope wanting to move out than bringing Deacon into her life.  Liam you are a cheapskate!!  

Now that Liam got a hair cut you can actually see how thick headed he is.  Stop trying to get Hope to change her mind when your arguments can’t hold water.  If if if Liam. If the queen had balls she would be king. In other words Liam, stop projecting.  Can Liam guarantee he won’t hurt Hope again?  Liam can go to Stuffy and commiserate once again and poof, Stuffy is pregnant.  I had to laugh when Hope ended the conversation because why continue today when you can put the conversation off until next week?  

Ridge you and Brooke are the King and Queen of being selfish. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

The more I am sitting here, listening to the hypocrisy, the madder I am getting.

So Bill can do whatever he wants (as listed above) and he has a free pass to be in Liam's life and Beth's life.

So Taylor can do whatever she wants (as listed above) and she has a free pass to be in Kelly and Douglas' lives.

But Deacon?

giphy.gif

If the B&B writers deigned to give Hope any agency in her own effing life, they would have her make these points LOUD and OFTEN. But they're still playing it like Hope NEEDS - absolutely MUST HAVE - permission from the rest of her family to have her own father in her life.

So Hope is basically a child bride, right?  She's one of those tragic cases you hear about an under 18 girl forced to marry and have babies when she herself is essentially a baby?  I mean, IF Hope were truly an adult, she wouldn't need anyone's permission to choose who she wants in her orbit. So....since show is having Hope beg for permission, she must be a child bride. Won't Human Rights Watch/the United Nations/other NGOs please step in and help this child bride break away from the tragedy of her circumstances?!  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

KKL looked amazing today!  Her hair was full and loved the style and she looks great in black.  Loved the shorter skirt for a change to show off her nice legs.

So when exactly is TK taking that sabbatical again??  Sick of his gravel voice shouting almost every line of dialogue.

Finn is such a wimp.  Caves to Steffy all the time and now to Shiela at the restaurant.  Steffy is going to blow that thing off her head when she walks in and Finn has no more manhood to lose.

• Love 15

forgot to mention this yesterday but Liam seemed to be more concerned about Hope wanting to move out than bringing Deacon into her life.  Liam you are a cheapskate!!  

....why the fuck would he care? He hasn't had an actual job on the show since 2017 and Hope would be footing the bill anyway.

Can Liam fuck Brooke? Because that seems to be the only thing that will kill Lope for good, if her reaction to Oliver is any indication. Swear to God, I am tempted to get into YouTube vlogging and will hold out the Liam essay as a 1 million subscriber special. As much as this fandom hates his character, I'd probably hit that goal within the week 😭😂

7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

So Hope is basically a child bride, right?  She's one of those tragic cases you hear about an under 18 girl forced to marry and have babies when she herself is essentially a baby? 

This is an insult to child brides, as many of them eventually learn to stop sharing their business and flee the minute it's safe to do so. 

That said, for all the attempted weddings she had in 2012, you'd think she was in the family way for as desperate as she was to marry this jackal.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just look at that; Liam can predict the future! He knows that diabolical Deacon is going to do some bad ass shit down the road and hurt Hope. Well you know what bucko? If that is the path Hope wants to take, then that is her choice, not yours. And you can stop with the "it's not just about you" shit too. When you saw Thomas kissing Hopequinn, and thought what you thought, you rushed over to your ex-wife's house, all angry, your belly full of fire, and your knickers pulled up tight. And the only solution you could come up with was to fuck your ex-wife. To me, that made the whole situation "about just you", so you can shut the fuck up. Asshole. 

I think they are aiming at something different for the Sheila character this go round. Maybe they have realized that the character has been done to death, and are actually going to try and redeem her. Her actions since rejoining the cast have been really low key for Sheila, the worst being the fake fainting. I also didn't miss that she didn't play her Jack card, something old Sheila would have done straight away. And now we have Jack actually being nice and thanking Sheila; that is certainly different and unexpected. I noticed Kimberlin has been added to the opening credits; maybe they realized they are going to have to do something other than the expected with the character in order to make her viable and to make her stick. I find myself on board for it. Having said that; I don't think the character is truly redeemable, but I also don't want to watch another "Summer of Sheila". 

I completely understand and support Steffy's stance about Sheila, but I don't support her feelings about Finn and Sheila. If she doesn't want Sheila in her life that is her choice, but she doesn't get to make that decision for Finn. There is no reason Finn can't spend time with his mother out of Steffy's presence and her earshot. They could meet at public places for lunch, or they could meet at her hotel room, or even the hospital. There is more to Sheila than the horrible person we have known, and as her son, Finn has a right to learn about all that. But doing that would be a real test to the strength of their marriage, and I don't think Steffy can give up that kind of control over her husband. 

I think Finn wanting to learn about his bio dad is going to be the first real test of the new Sheila. Will she or won't she? 

14 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

KKL looked amazing today!  

Didn't she though? Very sexy, but sophisticated too. 

22 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Unless Thomas has had his custodial rights reinstated, legally he has no say, despite the visits Hope's allow.

Now I am more confused than ever. I wasn't really watching when the whole adoption thing went down due to the horrible Beth SL, but I thought Hope and Thomas shared joint custody of Douglas. So, does Hope have sole custody, or did Liam adopt him as well? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Now I am more confused than ever. I wasn't really watching when the whole adoption thing went down due to the horrible Beth SL, but I thought Hope and Thomas shared joint custody of Douglas. So, does Hope have sole custody, or did Liam adopt him as well? 

Huh....I could've sworn Liam adopted him after the Zoe fiasco and Thomas disappeared for a while, but maybe not. Everything  about the show in 2020 gets fuzzy until the mannequin story.

At any rate, I stand by what I said about Deacon being no bigger a danger to Douglas than Thomas has been. But it does leave a rather interesting  way for Thomas to get an unintentioned path closer to Hope if he were the one person besides Finn to be genuinely supportive. After all, he too lost years away from his mom.

• Love 2

I completely understand and support Steffy's stance about Sheila, but I don't support her feelings about Finn and Sheila. If she doesn't want Sheila in her life that is her choice, but she doesn't get to make that decision for Finn. There is no reason Finn can't spend time with his mother out of Steffy's presence and her earshot.

I agree, Finn should be able to have a relationship with Sheila if he wants. Away from Steffy for sure. But here's the only issue with that plan, hasn't Sheila been pretty demanding about being involved with her grandchild too? That's kind of a big ask, all things considered. And you know Sheila would never accept terms that didn't include Hayes. That's just not Sheila.

But Deacon?

Have Brooke, Ridge or Liam actually spelled out specifically why Deacon is the devil? Honestly I've tried to watch but the hypocrisy is too much for my brain and I zone out. I wish the writers let Hope call these idiots out on their nonsense.

I really do not understand why Hope who is allegedly an adult needs permission to have a relationship with her actual factual father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/12/2021 at 8:42 PM, Artsda said:

I hope Hope fights them all. She should be using the cheating against Liam everytime he brings up for Deacon causing issue for his family.

She should bring up Bill, too. Liam’s father has committed many crimes, had sex with his DIL, and did all in his power to help Steffy to keep Hope and Liam apart.

• Love 8
On 11/13/2021 at 7:55 AM, RuntheTable said:

I completely understand and support Steffy's stance about Sheila, but I don't support her feelings about Finn and Sheila. If she doesn't want Sheila in her life that is her choice, but she doesn't get to make that decision for Finn. There is no reason Finn can't spend time with his mother out of Steffy's presence and her earshot.

Same with Hope and Deacon.  Hope should be able to see her father and have a relationship with him. That’s pretty much her choice alone to make.  But her children have fathers.  And there’s no way she should be able to make unilateral decisions about who should be a part of theIr lives, i.e., Deacon.  Both Thomas and Liam have a say in that and Hope, who has a tendency to get up her own ass when making unilateral decisions, needs to hear them on his. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Same with Hope and Deacon.  Hope should be able to see her father and have a relationship with him. That’s pretty much her choice alone to make.  But her children have fathers.  And there’s no way she should be able to make unilateral decisions about who should be a part of theIr lives, i.e., Deacon.  Both Thomas and Liam have a say in that and Hope, who has a tendency to get up her own ass when making unilateral decisions, needs to hear them on his. 

Yeah, this I agree with.  If Hope wants a relationship with Deacon and if Finn wants a relationship with Sheila, I'd be OK with each having those parental relationships *as long as the kids aren't involved*.  This is where it gets tricky because the other parent has co-equal say in who they want orbiting their kids.  But....how realistic is it that Hope/Finn could exclusively have a relationship with their parent, which would never, ever, ever involve the kids without the consent of the other parent?!  How would that work IRL?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Yeah, this I agree with.  If Hope wants a relationship with Deacon and if Finn wants a relationship with Sheila, I'd be OK with each having those parental relationships *as long as the kids aren't involved*.  This is where it gets tricky because the other parent has co-equal say in who they want orbiting their kids.  But....how realistic is it that Hope/Finn could exclusively have a relationship with their parent, which would never, ever, ever involve the kids without the consent of the other parent?!  How would that work IRL?

I mean, my cousin has somehow managed it with my uncle who's spent most of his life in and outta jail for his drug addiction  when his wife asked it of him. And despite my half-brother sending his kids on yearly visits to Texas where my lowlife dad and the rest of his family lives, my half-sister never introduced my niece and nephew to him until this past year, and the oldest is 13. It's possible.

That said, while I expect Deacon would make a good faith effort to respect that, Sheila is a whole other story. She's long earned the derision of the Forresters.

• Love 3

Brooke is being a real hussy today coming to speak to Eric showing a lot of leg and a little cleavage all dressed in black.  Brooke is Poe’s Ravel telling Eric that he’s lost his love, for Quinn, and Donna will “nevermore” leave him. 

Quinn please cut bait, with Eric, and take up Carter on his offer to runaway with him.  Its Eric that don’t deserves to be with you not the other way around. 

Finn are you that thick. Shiela says she doesn’t know Finn’s father because the connotation is that it can be one of many so Finn how can she narrow it down. 

• Love 1

I haven’t been watching daily but I missed something big. When did Thomas’s man bun get written out? Did he leave for a haircut or was it not mentioned at all?
Brooke going to speak to her father in law about her sister giving him an erection awhile back. Didn’t that happen awhile ago?  Is this what they are going to say they are thankful for at Thanksgiving? 
I think Shelias going to try and kill Steffy but will kill Finn instead. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I mean, my cousin has somehow managed it with my uncle who's spent most of his life in and outta jail for his drug addiction  when his wife asked it of him. And despite my half-brother sending his kids on yearly visits to Texas where my lowlife dad and the rest of his family lives, my half-sister never introduced my niece and nephew to him until this past year, and the oldest is 13. It's possible.

That said, while I expect Deacon would make a good faith effort to respect that, Sheila is a whole other story. She's long earned the derision of the Forresters.

Thanks for giving us insight into how this would work IRL...

Peace and amity to your family...

• Love 5

Yeah, Deacon and Sheila are just fundamentally different. Deacon is a bit of a ne'er do well who, all the same, would like to do better for the people he loves, and he's certainly not a psychopath. It's entirely Hope's choice to make and, there isn't danger there apart from her feelings. The worst that happens is she gets disappointed by him.

I think Steffy is completely correct in insisting that Finn stay away from Sheila. Sheila is toxic. Sheila doesn't respect boundaries. You have to cut that kind of person off, completely, allow them no way into your life. If Finn spends time with Sheila, Steffy and Hayes will be dragged into it. And Sheila is dangerous in ways Deacon isn't. That gives Steffy a right to set conditions that Liam doesn't have. Deacon would leave Liam and Beth alone. Sheila won't. So if Steffy doesn't want Sheila to be involved with her or Hayes, which no sane person would want, Finn can't have contact with Sheila. She is not the kind of person that you can just set boundaries with.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think Shelias going to try and kill Steffy but will kill Finn instead

Hey, works for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Finn is an unnecessary element in the Sheila vs Forresters fight. He sired a brat with Sheila's DNA and gave her a foot in the door, his job is done. Since Bell was always gonna circle back to the ToD, he wasn't even a good cockblocker, either.....just as useless as tits on a bull, a fork with bent sporks, and Flo.

With Deacon in the picture, do you think Eric/Little Deacon could return? Would be a great match with Steffy and be the only character not related to anyone on the cast. Plus, Hope could have an actual family member that she can BE family with.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Finn is telling Stuffy a little white lie. Finn didn’t say that Shiela was already there.  

Finn Finn Finn, if Shiela can’t narrow it down to a few guys, how can you take matters into your own hands?  Stuffy of all people to comment on how does Shiela does not know who the father is. Stuffy, twice you didn’t know who the father was and you only had two possibilities.  

Talking about disingenuous statements. Katie had a good one when she told Carter Quinn made you look like second best as the Logan sisters think that Eric wasn’t the best. If Eric is the best than Carter has to be second best 🤔

Katie another Logan sister hussy using a lot of leg and a little cleavage to get her point across that she is very interested in Carter. A few coy smiles don’t hurt either. Carter you sly Fox.  By striking out against younger woman, you’re now moving into MILF territory 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

It most definitely feels like they are taking Sheila in a new direction. She passed the first test by not outing Jack, she then compounded that by giving Jack good sound advice. Of course that advice could have a positive impact for her down the road; all the same, it was very out of character for Sheila. 

And so Jack is going to do the right thing? Hmmmm....that could open up some very interesting options. Would he and Sheila reconnect? What about the lovely and elegant Li? Bill? 

I continue to warm up to Carter and Katie. I appreciate that they have taken it slow, and they are not engaged yet. 

I cringed when I heard the piano. I am just done to death with Eric and Quinn; sorta like I am with Batie. They have broken up and gotten back together so many times now; they just feel stale and uninteresting. I honestly don't care if Eric is ever able to fuck Quinn again. I can't forgive him for his high handed, and plain out mean treatment of Donna. All for a woman who is black at her core. There was a time I thought I might like to see an Eric and Li pairing, but not anymore. They have effectively ruined Eric; a character I have always liked. 

OMG; Steffy can't understand how Sheila doesn't know who Finn's bio dad is? No words. Absolutely no fucking words. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

It most definitely feels like they are taking Sheila in a new direction. She passed the first test by not outing Jack, she then compounded that by giving Jack good sound advice. Of course that advice could have a positive impact for her down the road; all the same, it was very out of character for Sheila. 

And so Jack is going to do the right thing? Hmmmm....that could open up some very interesting options. Would he and Sheila reconnect? What about the lovely and elegant Li? Bill? 

I continue to warm up to Carter and Katie. I appreciate that they have taken it slow, and they are not engaged yet. 

I cringed when I heard the piano. I am just done to death with Eric and Quinn; sorta like I am with Batie. They have broken up and gotten back together so many times now; they just feel stale and uninteresting. I honestly don't care if Eric is ever able to fuck Quinn again. I can't forgive him for his high handed, and plain out mean treatment of Donna. All for a woman who is black at her core. There was a time I thought I might like to see an Eric and Li pairing, but not anymore. They have effectively ruined Eric; a character I have always liked. 

OMG; Steffy can't understand how Sheila doesn't know who Finn's bio dad is? No words. Absolutely no fucking words. 

giphy.gif

Steffy aka Hauxdilox aka she who is 2-2 for pregnancies requiring paternity tests had the temerity to say that???

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I'm reminded of a fanfic I once edited for a friend of mine, where a character who got pregnant was shamed by another who had gotten his girlfriend pregnant a few months earlier for having an abortion. This being a magical creature fandom, it wasn't as entirely cut-and-dry about this only affecting her but I still told the author that going this hard makes them look like hypocritical dicks. The guy listened to that and when it was published, there were an extra scene showing some character reflection and nuance on the situation.

....how the fuck does a PAID SHOWRUNNER not have the awareness of a teenager posting a free story on Fanfiction.net?!

• Love 4