Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

And it just keeps getting better and better. 

My opinion is these are the best scenes AN and KKL have shared since AN joined the show. Hope wants answers. She wants to understand Brooke's motivations and her choices regarding Deacon. I think it is fabulous how Hope is forcing her mother to explore that history and that period of her life. Brooke was lost; the love of her life had once again abandoned her. Of course that doesn't excuse her actions, but it does make them understandable. And every time Brooke tries to side step Hope's questions or comments, Hope tightens the screws a little more, for instance:

Hope - "You must have had strong feelings for my father, otherwise why risk so much? You could have easily walked away and avoided scandal, but you didn't. Mom, this isn't a judgment, I can understand why you would find him appealing; he is charming, and cleaver, and handsome, and sure, he is not perfect, but there is a kindness in his eyes"

Brooke - "A kindness? Hope please, please don't be fooled by that. There can also be selfishness and cruelty. 

Hope - "Which are all things you saw and chose to ignore. Why?"

Hope just plain isn't having it. I think she is starting to realize that much of Brooke's pushback about Deacon isn't about Deacon at all. It is about her shame for having an affair with her son-in-law. It is about how deeply she felt for him, and how close he came to ending her desire for Destiny.  KKL and AN have really delivered in these scenes. When Brooke was talking about how she had made a mistake, and Hope broke down? I was undone. For the first time Hope is putting her pain and confusion out there. How she feels about being the product of a terrible betrayal, and how she feels about being a sister and step daughter to Bridget. Personally, I don't care if she is a grown up. All of that has to hurt, and she has lived with Ridge's statement about her being a stain on the family for most of her adult life. KKL is just killing me with some of her looks; you can see she is struggling with the truth, and with each additional twist of those screws, Hope is forcing her mother to face some things she has had long buried. 

I am so glad that Deacon walked away from Sheila and her hairbrained scheme. I am also glad that he told Brooke it was over; I just hope he goes further and tells Hope and Brooke that it was a lie, something Sheila cooked up to try and get into Finn's life. Maybe the fact that he wanted no part of it will help convince Brooke of his sincerity. All the same; I did see some softening, and maybe even a hint of a smile on her face. For this viewer, all I can say is; BRING IT ON! 

In other news; Ridge and Liam were jawing about some shit, but that is what they make FFd buttons for. 

Ridge is gonna explode when he finds out what has transpired between his wife, her daughter and Deacon. Whether Brooke agrees with Hope's wishes or not, the very fact that she discussed her past relationship with Deacon, and then let him into her home will be enough to set Ridge's knickers on fire. Maybe it will be the beginning of the end of Bridge? Dare I hope. I do find it odd that they chose that one scene where Deacon told Brooke that one day the storm would pass, and that he would be right there waiting for her. And don't you fucking toy with me Show. If you are gonna do it, then do it, and don't give us another round of Brooke finding happiness without Ridge, and six months later you tank that relationship for another round of Bridge. Let Ridge go find happiness with Shauna, and who knows, Quinn might be available too, and he might be able to go the distance with her this time. 

• Love 12

Maybe it will be the beginning of the end of Bridge? Dare I hope. I do find it odd that they chose that one scene where Deacon told Brooke that one day the storm would pass, and that he would be right there waiting for her. And don't you fucking toy with me Show. If you are gonna do it, then do it, and don't give us another round of Brooke finding happiness without Ridge, and six months later you tank that relationship for another round of Bridge.

I would be all for the end of Bridge. Even if Ridge were still played by Ronn Moss, I just think the pairing is stale. But even more so with current Ridge. This recast has been a bust from jump and I will never understand why this hasn't been addressed. I refuse to believe there are thousands of fans out there just clamoring for Thorsten Kaye as Ridge. Now I do happen to think he's a pretty good actor, but he's all wrong for Ridge. And honestly TK and KKL have no chemistry. None.

I would also love to have Deacon around to shake things up and for Sean Kanan to be employed! He is a good actor and has chemistry with the actors around him.

Though I don't much care about Brooke, I think enough time has passed that if she wanted to make a go of things with Deacon - let it happen! They were hawt back in the day and I feel sure at least some of that can be recaptured.

The problem is, I don't believe tptb will ever split up Bridge for good. I just don't. Both characters have had successful pairings outside of Bridge and yet? It's all for nothing because ultimately, Bridge is end game.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

The problem is, I don't believe tptb will ever split up Bridge for good. I just don't. Both characters have had successful pairings outside of Bridge and yet? It's all for nothing because ultimately, Bridge is end game.

On nearly every other show, the super couple eventually gets it right, usually at about middle age, and finally get some wisdom they can pass along to their now grown children. Not B&B :| As much as I hate the oaf and as tired as I was of them long before RM left, I wish these two could stick the landing. It's endgame, everyone knows it so let them have conflicts that don't involve other people. They are both older now than Eric and Steph were at the beginning of the show.

That said, I do wonder if Taylor's long needed return will indeed pave the way for a Breacon reunion. Ridge seemed to barely give her a glance her last go-around, but who knows with a new actress and hopefully some new sense of sanity? I don't mind if she's up her head up her own ass because that's always been her on a good day but her raving lunacy? Woof.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I would say the Newmans would match them on that. Victor sucks, Nikki murders left and right, Adam is a manchild, Victoria hasn't known what a hairbrush looked like since before she had children and Nick. But even then, they do get some legit foils every so often, even if I do wish Jack was allowed to move past sabotaging his own happiness to own Victor. But even in B&B's heyday, the Forresters were assholes and even when proven wrong they wouldn't apologize. It's why Brooke getting 51 percent of FC was such a big deal and one of, if not the defining story B&B ever wrote.

Yeah I thought about them while I made the post and decided that the Newmans are slightly better than the Forresters like by a landslide lol. Because they do have foils that don't back down or play nice with them beyond reason, like Jack will probably always have a smile for Nikki but will remain frosty to Victor. This is reasonable/realistic IMO. And Jack can give as good as he takes, when the writers allow it. There is nothing realistic about Hope being cordial to any Forrester besides the ones she's biologically related to, and perhaps Thomas. I don't understand that 100% but at least it's her prerogative. 

Also Young & the Restless gets alot of things right-ish where B&B gets things wrong. Like, could you imagine Phyllis being allowed to go off on Sharon the way Steffy does Hope? Sharon is just about the same brand of terrible that Phyllis is save for a few redeeming qualities here and there. But even if Phyllis was right the writers would never let Sharon just take it without throwing the shit right back. Look at Wednesday's episode where does Steffy get off telling Hope not to interfere with her marriage after everything she's done to her? In the last year much less the last 10. Not to mention Finn came to her office to talk about Sheila. Not the other way around. She did not go to Finn's abode or his place of business. Keep your dog on a leash Steffy if you want to keep him, and don't make it Hope's problem. Get your facts straight or shut the fuck up. 

Adam is kept on the outs the way Thomas should've been after Beth and/or after Caroline (or even preferably Steffy, since she kept going after Hope all these years). 

Most of all I couldn't Imagine any of the patriarchs in GC keeping the likes of Quinn around as a wife. Phyllis is horrible but she's not allowed to steamroll anybody in that family, neither is Sharon, the way Quinn is with the Eric & the Logans. She'd get put in her place by any one of them Newman/Abbott women real quick. Jack and particularly Victor would never let her boss them around about whether or not to have an ex-wife work with them, especially if she herself had an affair with the COO. Victor could be having a full-blown affair with Nikki or whoever and he'd still gleefully show Quinn the door first. Eric just seems so weak and pathetic compared to Victor and Jack. 

(PS: I think fanbase has alot to do with it too. From what I notice is that the Newman fanbase is a lot more humble than Forrester fans/stans. And don't rely on revisionist history so much.)  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I refuse to believe there are thousands of fans out there just clamoring for Thorsten Kaye as Ridge.

Totally agree. Ronn & Thorsten are like night & day. Audition day must have been sparse.

Thorsten is also the reason why I started using closed caption...and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my hearing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Eric just seems so weak and pathetic compared to Victor and Jack. 

I fully agree with that entire post since you laid it out like that, but this line especially just brought to my attention that B&B has always lacked a strong male archetype like the other shows. Eric was the patriarch but Stephanie was often the one driving the bus for him and her male children. We all shit on Liam for being a spineless jellyfish but he's just the most obvious one, and far from the first.

In my years of watching, the only two men who come close to matching that energy were Nick and $Bill. Nick loved Brooke but once KKL put her foot down she'd left him for Ridge after their marriage, that was the end of that and he never particularly warmed up to Ridge. I actually don't think he ever called Ridge by his first name once in the 9 years he was on the show. And Bill? Show's been consistent in showing that anyone who wants to be with him is gonna have to take him as is. Not even Brooke's golden cooter was enough to get him to stop that nonsense over "Skye." He's a level of stubborn that I dunno how to  overcome without true soul searching or a fundamental character re-write, however.

Still, two such characters in almost 4 decades? Maybe three if you include the original Bill Spencer? Just *how*? Maybe the women were such a force on their own that it was easier to gloss over back then but the writing for them these days is complete piss too. Steffy and Hope was a forced conflict trying to making lightening strike twice and it just made them look like children and their mothers horrible people for not telling them to walk away from Lame.

Le sigh.

Also, the more I see of the early Spectras and how shitty the Forresters were to them, the more I'm baffled by how they ever had Macy push Deacon to side with them over the company control, no matter what her beef was with Brooke. I just cannot even with that one, when Thorne cheated AFTER she came back from the dead. Between Darla, the long forgotten Claudia, the affair Macy herself had shortly after their wedding in the 90s and the accusations about BeLieF, Brooke was the least of Thacy's problems.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

I watched Friday’s episode on demand. So happy to see Deacon finally kick Shelia to the curb. Of course, that won’t be the end of it with her. 

I wanted to put a sock in Liam, Ridge, and yes, Brooke’s mouths to stop the incessant bitching about Deacon. First, Hope is an ADULT and can make that decision on her own. Second, none of them have a leg to stand on with respect to the moral high ground, much less the lofty but shaky pedestals they are all standing on, to sneer down at Deacon.

I teared up, seeing Hope so happy and hopeful.

As for Brooke, all of the flashbacks mean something IMO and I think she is scared witless over him being back in her life.

• Love 14

Well, well, well...

Brooke finds her voice and spine today, telling Ridge to leave Deacon alone.

FDsbdpgUYAEyZEt?format=jpg&name=360x360

FDsbdqLVcAInqrw?format=jpg&name=360x360

Just look at Ridge's face cracking. 

FDsbdq-UUAUAuar?format=jpg&name=360x360

Look at that steely-eyed resolve. That's the Brooke I fell in love with over 3 decades ago.

FDsbdr9VgAEI6mH?format=jpg&name=360x360

I am loving this. 

While I don't know that Deacon's return has stirred up old feelings for Brooke, the desire to give her daughter the family she's always wanted is tugging hard at Brooke's mama-bear instincts. And KKL and SK still have chemistry. Oodles of it. 

Also?

Suck it, Ridge!

Elsewhere, Katie taking on Quinn over Carter and Eric is a thing I didn't know I needed. Go on and unleash your Gladys, Katie. For once, I'm enjoying it. 

Carter has Quinn pegged here: "Carter finally has Quinn figured out. “Being Mrs. Eric Forrester gives you a sense of self-worth and value.” Notice love isn't mentioned by him or offered by her. Very telling.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Brooke finds her voice and spine today, telling Ridge to leave Deacon alone.

I was cackling because that house is in fact Brooke's home; Ridge just squats there when they're together and has no right to throw anyone out that house.

Ridge acting like he gives a damn about Hope is appalling and the fact Liam is going along with this BS just makes me shake my head. Liam, Ridge was sneering in disgust at you at Thomas's bedside saying that you've never loved anyone and were a loser; the last time you had an alliance with this man he chose the WOMAN WHO KIDNAPPED AND RAPED YOU over you and made no apologies.  Ridge has called your wife a stain on the Forrester family and has openly said (know you didn't hear this) he doesn't care for her all that much. 

You're picking the wrong horse to back. Again. Ridge is only your friend as long as he has some use for you but in reality he thinks you're a POS and would throw you aside without hesitation again if it suited him.

Smarten up. Stop kissing his butt and be a damn Spencer for once and tell Ridge he can go duck himself on the Deacon front. You owe Hope your loyalty after this past year of hell you put her through; hold the woman's purse and do it while smiling for the foreseeable future.

Katie vs Quinn 2.0 - this time over Carter.  How I wish Donna had confronted Quinn like this last week.

• Love 13

Ugh, watching the Self-Righteous Twins, Ridge and Liam, bloviating about keeping Deacon away from Hope and Brooke made me 🤢. And again Hope, you dope, you don’t need anyone’s permission to see your father. 🙄 

I’m no Katie fan, but if she’s going against Quinn, I’m on her team.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Ugh, watching the Self-Righteous Twins, Ridge and Liam, bloviating about keeping Deacon away from Hope and Brooke made me 🤢. And again Hope, you dope, you don’t need anyone’s permission to see your father. 🙄 

This part times a kajillion bajillion! 

Hope is not some little kid who needs mommy's permission to see her own freaking father!!!  I really don't know why it's being played like "Please Mommy, PLEASE lemme see my daddy!"

I wish someone would tell Katie & Donna in plain language:  you two are incensed that a grown woman (Quinn) is dictating who her husband - a grown man (Eric) - can or cannot see. You're hypocrites since you're doing the exact same thing with Hope & Deacon. 

• Love 5

Ridge, what pain and misery has Deacon brought to Brooke. From what I read, it was the other way around. What the fuck does Liam know about Deacon other than hearsay and from the jaundice point of view. Ridge, you schmuck, it was your fault that Deacon was kept from Hope. 

Didn’t Ridge take it too far to try to keep Wil out of Bill’s life and now he’s trying to do the same with Deacon.  

Another cameo by a Big Brother contestant.  It must be one of the perks. 

I just have to say Quinn looks absolutely beautiful. 

Katie STFU. Just STFU. You, Brooke, and Ridge have been telling who Eric can see and who he can’t for years. Haven’t they actually told Quinn to pack her bags and leave.  

That’s a new twist. The partially open door has morphed into the fully closed door. No longer the partially open door is needed to overhear private conversations. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

You're picking the wrong horse to back. Again. Ridge is only your friend as long as he has some use for you but in reality he thinks you're a POS and would throw you aside without hesitation again if it suited him.

Its Stephanie and Taylor all over again, but more dumber 🤣

2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Elsewhere, Katie taking on Quinn over Carter and Eric is a thing I didn't know I needed. Go on and unleash your Gladys, Katie. For once, I'm enjoying it. 

Quinn had her shot with Carter and chose to stay with Limp Bizkit instead. She can go stuff it.

If Carter can finally have someone who is truly into him and doesn't view him as a a rebound, a stepping stone to an even richer man with a more prestigious name or stud service, I'm all for it, even if it is sourpuss Katie. Just as he owed Zoe no explaination, neither is Quinn owed one. And if Quinn suffers a whole consequence for once in her life, so be it.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Ridge, you schmuck, it was your fault that Deacon was kept from Hope. 

Naw. This is one thing that lay square at Brooke's feet. As soon as Ridge was available, she couldn't put distance fast enough between her and the man she'd ruined her relationship with her daughter to be with. I can't blame Ridge for his initial disgust with Brooke after finding out about Hope's paternity given Bridget was his family too (still, before...well, you know) but even if Ridge had told Brooke he'd have to stay away, she could've used her big girl voice the way she did after the absolutwly rotten, disgusting things Rick pulled again Steffy and the family.

That said, he certainly hasnt been much of a father to her, and especially not after the recast. Would live a new Nick Marone to show up with his kid Jack in tow and have him mix it up with Ridge again. I've always been disappointed Jack Wagner left right before or right after the Aspen wedding so he never got a chance to swing on Liam, but better late than never : )))

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Ridge is only your friend as long as he has some use for you but in reality he thinks you're a POS and would throw you aside without hesitation again if it suited him.

To go against my better nature and cut Ridge some slack....he is correct to think Lame is a loser & piece of shit because he is a loser & piece of shit XD. But I get you though, and good post 👍 lol. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Breacon yet seeing old clips I could get the appeal, and had I been watching then It would've been my guilty pleasure paring for sure. Now? Ehhh idk KKL and SK could make it work but the narrative couldn't. Deacon shouldn't even want her after how hard she curved him for Shrek. And in speaking of, we all know Bridge would not be over for good and how could it be? We haven't gotten proper angsty R.J screen time yet. One day TIIC will remember that R.J exists and when they do, it's bye bye to whatever break we enjoyed from Bridge. So I say leave them be for once. I'm more interested in Deacon sticking up for his daughter against her serial cheating, ain't shit ass husband anyway.

BTW does Deacon even know about Hopequingate? I feel like if he did he'd feel better about himself asking for another chance and rip Lame a brand new one. 

I have mixed feelings about Katie but my hatred for Quinn is sealed, so you better drag the bitch Katie, and drag her good. 

28 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Quinn had her shot with Carter and chose to stay with Limp Bizkit instead. She can go stuff it.

Hey! Don't insult Limp Bizkit like that. What did they ever do to you??!!!😂😂😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Did Donna do any work? She said she'll miss being with her sisters all day. I miss the days the Logans were all kicked out if Forrester. I want the Steffy that made REST back.

I like Hope going after a relationship with Deacon and fighting Brooke over it.  She doesn't need her approval. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5

All things considered, Brooke has had it easy as pie raising Hope. She was an annoying little snot in the past, but she didn't give Brooke nearly enough grief about Deacon as she should have when she first found out and especially after the Posse incident. That was IMO the only thing ATWT got right in its later years--apart from turning Adam Munson into an attempted rapist (really, show? Hal Munson's son whose mother was a survivor FFS?) a lot of the kids' bad behavior or issues were direct mirrors of their parents' bullshit. Hope should've been the hellion of the new kids, not Steffy.

At any rate, I'm glad to see Hope for once standing up for herself. Se doesn't need her family approval and as someone whose mom hates my dad's family, I am fully an advocate of flat out lying and omitting details if need be.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Another cameo by a Big Brother contestant.  It must be one of the perks. 

I'm a Big Brother fan so I recognized Xavier.  The camera did linger on the server who waited on Donna and Katie's table.  Was that for a reason?  Other than he was attractive.

I didn't think I could possibly hate Ridge more than when he was played by RM, but this version is way worse.

• Love 6

Ridge and Liam blathering on about all the horrible things Deacon has done to Brooke and Hope......

RIDGE

Set it up so Brooke would find him in bed with another women so she wouldn't leave Eric

When that didn't work; he followed Taylor to St. Thomas and proposed to her after months of leading Brooke to believe they had a future

Going along with Steve the attorney masquerading as a masseur, in order to find out what Brooke was thinking about BeLief

Getting Brooke to unknowingly sign the contract that would rob her of her rights to BeLief

Interfering in her relationship with Connor

Interfering in her relationship with Grant

Interfering in her relationship with James

Interfering in her relationship with Thorne; setting up the nastiest, meanest scenario, by leading Brooke to believe he wanted to get back with her in order to get her into bed, just when Thorne was coming back to the hotel room in Venice

Interfering in her relationship with Nick

Abandoning Brooke and her children after Taylor returned from the dead, and he learned that Thomas was his son

Raping Brooke when she was drugged out

Abandoning Brooke a second time when Taylor retuned from her second death, and his dear, departed Mommy faked a heart attack

Deserting his new bride when he found out she had texted with the father of her child

Staying away for a year as a punishment for that, then coming home and starting a revengemance with Katie

Having a kissing affair with his father's wife while engaged to Brooke

Having a full on affair with Shauna while married to Brooke

Going to Vegas with Shauna, getting drunk, getting divorced from Brooke, and married to Shauna

Referred to Hope as the "Family Stain"

LIAM

Steffy

Steffy

Steffy

Still warm wedding rings

Not being on board with abstinence until marriage

HopeQuinnGate

WTD

I am sure there are many I have forgotten, but these two schmucks can go kick rocks about Deacon. The worst things I can remember about Deacon were his rough childhood, something he had no control over and calling the family so they could listen in to him deflowering Bridget. Hey, if the fools chose to listen, then that is on them, but it was on of the soapiest scenes in daytime history. Other than that, in the early years, I can't think of anything else. Most of Deacon's "badness" was a conjuring from Brooke's mind in an effort to regain her shot at Destiny. Truth told, the only bad person during those times was Brooke, who weaponized and victimized Deacon in the worst way. In later years he did buy into Bill's attempts to keep Hope and Liam apart, but I do believe he honestly regrets that decision. And everyone can miss me with him not being justified in gunning for Quinn. 

Speaking of Quinn; hey girlie, you made your choice, so you don't get to seek out Carter to wax on about how real it all was. Damn, but that was some shit you were pulling there. And then to compound it you start about the Logan's as if they are responsible for the state of your fucked up marriage. For once I was glad Katie was moonlighting as Gladys; you go girl. Quinn can just stop it with this nonsense. I can't wait until she finds out about your budding relationship with Carter. Although I do admit to having my concerns with how weak Carter is in regards to Quinn. Something tells me if she had come looking for him to tell him she wanted to take off with him, that he would have dropped everything and dashed off with her. Katie needs to step up her game real quick and in a hurry. 

And in the best happenings; Brooke telling Ridge to leave Deacon alone had shivers running down my spine. Watching that blowhard charge into Brooke's home, bellowing about how Deacon was getting "out of my house", set my teeth on edge. Talk about not being able to read a room. It didn't look like anyone was upset or feeling threatened. OH WAIT! Maybe I am being thick. Maybe that is why that fucking tool reacted that way. He was upset that no one else was upset. Of course! 

And Brooke was smiling at Deacon........

And that look in her eyes.........

21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Katie vs Quinn 2.0 - this time over Carter.  How I wish Donna had confronted Quinn like this last week.

That was hilarious; I said in an earlier post that Donna was always able to hold her own with Stephanie, so I am lost why she was acting like a grade schooler who is afraid of the class bully. 

18 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:
21 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Its Stephanie and Taylor all over again, but more dumber 🤣

BWAH!

18 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

She did it all for the Nookie.......

Edited by RuntheTable
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Not being on board with abstinence until marriage

I have to give Liam one tiny break on this, because IIRC, there was one point I recall Hope making a whole press conference about this fact to shill for HFTF without discussing it with him. I don't think anyone who necessarily want that blasted out in the open who wasn't a Duggar.

But still, the way he went about this was immature as all fuck and Steffy need not to have ever factor in. But then, they were teens, so some foolishness was to be expected. After a presumed dead baby that drove them apart, I'd expect better of him than to fall for a stupid mannequin as the thinnest of excuses to fuck Steffy after she had finally moved on.

Ridge, I never expect anything from him and yet I'm still disappointed.

2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Speaking of Quinn; hey girlie, you made your choice, so you don't get to seek out Carter to wax on about how real it all was. Damn, but that was some shit you were pulling there. And then to compound it you start about the Logan's as if they are responsible for the state of your fucked up marriage

Seriously I'm no fan of the Logans' buttinski routine, but none of them ever forced her to ride Carter's dick or to forge legal documents to marry off his son to someone else. That's all her. 

Frankly, while I was genuinely surprised he went through with firing Donna, I did like that he was rather short with her about it when asked. Eric is soft but he's never done that for any of his previous wives when there were far more justified reason to do so.

At any rate, if Quinn thinks that Eric won't roam anyway, she doesn't know thing one about who she married, but I am here for her fucking around and finding out.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, TVForever said:

Hope is a grown woman. She could avoid all this drama by just having Deacon come to her house (yes, it's a guest cottage on the estate, but still). Meeting him at Brooke's house will never be a good plan.

Honestly, she should just meet him in some second, neutral place away from everyone's prying eyes. Just like she and Liam should've just quietly went to city hall after the 9001st time Bill and/or Steffy tried to stop them from getting married, but what would B&B be like if anyone had the smarts to keep their mouths shut? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do so desperately hate how this show infantizes Hope. She is late 20s to early 30s and has had more weddings in the last ten years than most families see in a generation. She's survived the belief that her daughter was dead and a creep-o stepbrother who hid that fact to get married to her. She's been shown in the past to hold her own against Bill and currently married to the disappointment king Liam. I think she'll be okay with whatever they think Deacon will dish out. :\

One thing I forgot to mention rev the Steffy/Hope confrontation. Steffy corrects Hope when she refers to Sheila as Finn's mom and says "his BIRTH mom." I can't begrudge her hatred of Sheila, but sure is interesting how suddenly, blood means nothing. She was sure quick to remind Hope at every opportunity that Ridge wasn't her father, despite having been in her life as something resembling a dad figure her entire life.

Very interesting. 😐

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Grown woman Hope needs her mother's and her husband's approval to have a relationship with her father because she's been infantilized her whole life.  Recall how Brooke sat in on Hope's therapy appointments (which she needed after she had sex with Liam despite her  very public abstinence proclamations).  Brooke, likely out of guilt, has over-mothered Hope at every possible turn.  None of Brooke's other children received this much coddling, meddling and interference.  And Hope's child-like need for approval about how to live her own life is the result.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Wow, one night of bliss with Zende has changed Paris’ hair from yellow to orange. Kudos Zende kudos.  Lurch looks a hell of a lot better without the man bun. Miracle of miracles that Ridge actually washed his hair and has combed it.  

Hope Hope Hope, you don’t need Brooke’s and Ridge’s approval or even Liam’s approval to have a relationship with your father. Hope grow a backbone and tell don’t ask. 

How many times in the past weeks or even months do we have to listen to the hypocrisy of the Logan sisters. Quinn has no right to tell Eric who he sees and doesn’t see?  Quinn has more of a right than the Logan sister but I guess Quinn  infringing on the Logan Sister’s job.  Katie is so full of herself when she told Quinn was being blunt about Carter’s feelings in front of him when you were just being blunt yourself for discussing Quinn and Carter’s relationship in front of him also.  Katie asked Quinn what is she doing here in this office with Carter.  Not only do both of them work a FC but they share the same office. I’m quite sure Quinn picked up on the “loving glances” Katie was giving Carter plus Katie putting all the blame on Quinn for seducing Carter is evidence that Katie desires Carter. I was hoping for Quinn to tell Katie that Carter is very well endowed and I hope she can handle it. 

Can someone please tell me that Ridge was that fantastic as a father to Hope when she was growing up. Correct me if I’m wrong but Hope seemed to be the Cinderella to Stuffy and Lurch in Ridge’s eyes. One case in point is that Ridge favorited Stuffy’s line over HFTF when it came to budget cuts. 

Ridge, what harm can Deacon do to his grandchildren or should I say grandchild. Only Beth is Deacon’s biological granddaughter and Ridge is not. 

Katie is no match for Quinn. Quinn is like a Lynx toying with a field mouse. 

• Love 5
On 11/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, Runningwild said:

It was Eric Braeden that did it for me. 

This was in regards to closed captioning...

To his credit, when I first watched Y&R lo these many, many years ago...even if CC had been around, I didn't need it for Eric Braeden, even though English is not his native language. Color me surprised when I found out the actor is originally from Germany. He doesn't have much of a German accent to my ears. [Or at least not the stereotypical German accent] Of course, I stopped watching Y&R well over a decade ago, so I don't know what he sounds like now.

Is Paris's hair from Halloween. The color is horrible. So is the show bouncing her from man to man.

Hope does not need to ask Brooke or Ridge to let Deacon try. She is a grown married with children adult.  Why doesn't she just say let's go to my house? 

Katie should be slapped, Quinn wasn't wrong that her and this sisters would burn and drown her stuff. Poor innocent Carter got manipulated by evil irredeemable Quinn. Lol 

What is with Don Diamont air time? This show needs more Bill. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

This was in regards to closed captioning...

To his credit, when I first watched Y&R lo these many, many years ago...even if CC had been around, I didn't need it for Eric Braeden, even though English is not his native language. Color me surprised when I found out the actor is originally from Germany. He doesn't have much of a German accent to my ears. [Or at least not the stereotypical German accent] Of course, I stopped watching Y&R well over a decade ago, so I don't know what he sounds like now.

One of his nicknames is Mumbles.  It’s just been the last 10 years or so. 

I find myself wondering why they chose Thorsten Kaye to play Ridge. He’s never looked very clean. Or fashionable. If they were looking for a big name, Michael Easton might have been a better choice. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Can someone please tell me that Ridge was that fantastic as a father to Hope when she was growing up. Correct me if I’m wrong but Hope seemed to be the Cinderella to Stuffy and Lurch in Ridge’s eyes. One case in point is that Ridge favorited Stuffy’s line over HFTF when it came to budget cuts. 

While I can't say Ridge was particularly spectacular as a dad, RM! Ridge did make some attempts to reign in Steffy. That Ho for the Future stunt was why he didn't believe it that she had nothing to do with exposing Brooke and Oliver after all her other nastiness.

I also remember him supporting Hope's wish to have one of her weddings at the Forrester estate and telling Stephanie in very clear terms that she was to keep her mouth shut and support this. That BTW was the wedding where Liam came in late looking like a bag of ass and went full Bill Spencer demanding they go through with the ceremony, at which point, Ridge pulls him aside to say something along the lines of "Is this how you present yourself to the woman you love?" And I'll give Ridge credit there because the dude knew how to make a woman feel loved in the moment and gave some spectacular romances.

Even the oft quoted "stain on the family" thing, while not a great turn of phrase, was Ridge speculating what the media may say if the scandal broke out, not his personal opinion. He mentions the tabloids calling Brooke a tramp for it. The coversation happens within the first minute of the following clip:

While Ridge definitely supported Steffy in her ill-begotten Aspen marriage (IIRC, the only one RM was around for before his retirement and gosh, I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years!), he was by far the least invested adult in all of that by a huge margin. He didn't pull the lever either way and while he'd been right to tear Liam a new one, I assume Ronn Moss discussed with Bell and the writers how hypocritical it would've been to have him overly slamming him, all things considered. 

Thorston Kaye OTOH, only knows how to do horny and angry well and he is written accordingly. Now HE'S been the one who has been especially ugly towards Hope and doesn't even have the balls to say it to her face. Good Lord, even Bill had a cease fire once she started putting out. What's she ever done to Ridge? Nothing worse than what Rick put him through, for damn sure.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 9

I want to know how Deacon has repeatedly "disappointed Hope." I know he bailed out of her Italian wedding, but what else? I thought Steffy was the one who wrote the "I can't go through with this," or whatever was written on the mirror before Lope's Italian wedding and Hope just assumed it was Deacon.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

All I recall Deacon doing Brooke wrong was when he and Macy signed over little D's shares so Brooke was ousted as CEO of FC and that's when she sent Deacon and Macy the drinks at the bar. 

I actually thought both Quinn and Katie were in the wrong today during their argument. Did Katie forget about her fling with Nick while he was married to her niece, Bridget? Quinn is totally overreacting to Donna. Donna isn't interfering in or disrespecting Queric's marriage. 

I don't like Thomas' new haircut. And agreed, that reddish-orange fright wig on Paris' head is awful!

• Love 7

I am not sure why they chose to have Quinn and Katie to have that cat fight in front of Carter. While I am 100% in Katie's corner; they both came off as rather ridiculous, and that was a discussion best had out of Carter's earshot. Quinn had no business seeking Carter out like that, and was totally off base going on about how real they had been. If you want to be Mrs. Eric Forrester, then be Mrs. Eric Forrester, and leave Carter alone. It doesn't matter how "real" you two were because you chose someone else. Personally, I think you were just testing the waters to see if Carter was still on board for some more action since you aren't getting any at home. I also suspect that Eric is being a bit chilly; and we all know how that makes you feel. You are also way off base about the Logan's. They have not been in your business anymore than you have been in theirs. You had a kissing affair with Brooke's fiance, then you tried to bust up her marriage with VegasGate, which was far more intrusive than anything Donna has ever done. And Katie was right about Quinn never taking responsibility for her actions. If she did, she would realize the state of her marriage lays solely at her feet, and is due to her actions, and has nothing to due with Brooke, Katie or Donna. At the end of the day, Quinn is simply envious and jealous of Eric's love for the Logan's. She hates that they have such a long, rich, and deep history, and how each of them have meant something to him in different ways, and how he loves each of them in different ways. 

What I disliked most about those scenes is how Quinn kept looking at Carter as if they shared some intimate camaraderie, and as if he shared her disgust and derision at what Katie was saying. The only way to save it would be to have Katie continue talking about Carter needing a woman he can count on, and one that loves only him, then she grabs him and lays a massively hot kiss on him. I think Quinn's eye's might bug right out of her head. Tee hee!

Hope really doesn't need anyone's approval or permission to have a relationship with Deacon. But that is who the character is; she doesn't know how to function without approval. Especially from her mom and Liam. 

Deacon certainly had a front row seat to Brooke's Destiny, and got to see first hand what an arrogant, abrasive, condescending bully he is, and how he disrespects his wife. Let's make it about the children he says. He doesn't care a wit about Beth or Hope; what he cares about is keeping Deacon far away from Brooke, and a fucker is getting worried and desperate. 

Douglas! 

And I don't mind Paris's orange hair. I love color, and have mad respect for women who have the confidence to step out in wacky hair color choices. Diamond White is such a beautiful young woman that she can pull it off. At least for me. 

• Love 7

Um, Paris, Halloween is OVER.

JPI_bb10621a_0001943067.jpg?resize=650,4

Diamond White is a beautiful woman but that Bozo hair is terrible. 

If Big Brother's recent winner, Xander, can act even a little bit, I'd say bring him on as a love interest for someone. He looks good with both women. Hell, he looks good, period.

• Love 12

I don't watch Big Brother so I didn't know who the guy was, but I hope he becomes a regular.  The only thing I don't like is the bald head which seems to be the style nowadays.   

I don't know why Paris dyed her hair and it's too bad because I think she has a beautiful face.    

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I want to know how Deacon has repeatedly "disappointed Hope." I know he bailed out of her Italian wedding, but what else? I thought Steffy was the one who wrote the "I can't go through with this," or whatever was written on the mirror before Lope's Italian wedding and Hope just assumed it was Deacon.

Well, she did beg him not to marry Quinn and he did it anyway; nothing good came from that union at all. And the thing is he's done things that she doesn't know about that would disappoint her - namely be happy to assist Quinn in tossing Liam over a cliff and be accessory to his murder (and kidnapping after the fact since he said nothing to nobody when he found out).  I get Liam was with Steffy at the time, but Deacon also knew that Liam was important to Hope. Does Liam recall Deacon at that cabin? Has he talked about that time with Hope or did he just bury it?  I've long talked about how Liam should support Hope in getting to know Deacon given the crap he's done over the past year especially, BUT if there was one wobbly leg he could stand on is that at the very least he knows Deacon knew about Quinn kidnapping him, even talked to 'Adam', and did nothing to help him.  Liam could easily support Hope to her face but let Deacon know he does remember his being an ass during his kidnapping; he won't stand in his way of his relationship with Hope but he'll be watching Deacon like a hawk and will pipe up if he seems to be going shady.

I mean Deacon did try to kill Quinn which is not something father's should do and it wasn't to avenge Hope and the child she lost due to Quinn's stalking but to avenge himself when Quinn double crossed him and he the whole scheme landed him in prison, but I don't hold that too much against him since he was trying to rid the earth of Quinn.

Deacon scored points with coming clean about Sheila so far; but Deacon has that habit of two steps forward, one step back. I'm here for his busting up Bridge and being a good dad to Hope.  Has Deacon even mentioned if he's connected with lil Deacon or is Hope the only kid that will give him the time of day?

• Love 10

You are also way off base about the Logan's. They have not been in your business anymore than you have been in theirs. You had a kissing affair with Brooke's fiance, then you tried to bust up her marriage with VegasGate, which was far more intrusive than anything Donna has ever done. And Katie was right about Quinn never taking responsibility for her actions.

Quinn can just shut up over the intrusive stuff. Frankly all of them can take a seat when trying to lob that insult on anyone else! They are all up in each other's business all the damn time!

I feel like Quinn is smart enough to put two and two together and realize the true issue with Eric is her affair not ED. Of course, she doesn't want to admit that but that's where an honest conversation would be helpful. Way back when Eric started blabbing about taking Quinn back is when this conversation should have happened. When Eric admitted having ED and pushing her to Carter for satisfaction. Eric manipulated things but never sat down to talk to Quinn. And Quinn never asked any real questions either. The writers always put stuff on screen that is lazy. Eric's issues could have been a real and a good storyline for he and Quinn. Instead it's ... this.

Hope certainly doesn't need anyone's permission to have a relationship with her father. Ridge is overreacting as usual and acting like a complete bully ... as usual. Deacon has done some shady things to be sure, but he isn't Sheila. Or Quinn! Or Bill! Or Ridge!

I am hopeful Hope remains strong in her stance.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Well, she did beg him not to marry Quinn and he did it anyway; nothing good came from that union at all.

IIRC, Brooke was the one who sought her out on that, once again in no good faith and chasing Deacon because her destiny wasn't available. Again. Still, the Karma Fairy repaid that foolishness back, with interest.

• Love 2

Just catching up and I have to say I'm really enjoying the show for the first time in 4ever!

Loving this new and improved Brooke---I never saw Breacon originally and could not abide their interactions the last time or 2 Deacon was on the show but this time round their chemistry is palpable!!! He makes me like Brooke in much the same way Nick did---I just hope hope hope that THIS time out TIIC refrain from spinning gold into dross (as is their wont---see Brick, Batie, Queric and Quarter to name but a few!) and let Deacon and Brooke make the most of their natural rapport😌

And I loved Deacon and Hope as father and daughter---such natural parent/child chem these two have! 

Oh and the icing on the cake was when Brooke whooped at her "destiny" to take his paws off Deacon and followed it up by favouring him with her patented squinty-eyed glare! I loved it!!!😁👍

Edited by Kittykatkins
Clarity
  • Love 9

15 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Even the oft quoted "stain on the family" thing, while not a great turn of phrase, was Ridge speculating what the media may say if the scandal broke out, not his personal opinion. He mentions the tabloids calling Brooke a tramp for it. The coversation happens within the first minute of the following clip:

Thank you for this.  This scene plays very differently than what's been quoted here.  And it's followed by "I love Hope."  Big difference.  Also shows the world of difference between RM and TK.  I can't imagine TK ever being this gentle and kind when disagreeing with Brooke.  Hell, he's blustery, loud and aggressive when they're not at crossed purposes.  Damn.  You don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.

• Love 5

I get Hope wanting to know her father but I'm baffled not only by her asking and needing everyone's permission and blessing to have him in her life but having a tantrum and hissy fit with her mother and then Ridge when Ridge threw Deacon out.  Hope most definitely has been to hell and back with her first lost child and then upon her return (due to Ridge) riding the Liam-go-round again and dealing with more angst and heartache re Beth's death, Thomas, Liam's waffling and affair and near prison stint.  All of these experiences should've made her tougher and less willing to put up with crap and definitely not crumpling into a tearful mess.

She knows the deal with Ridge. She knows he's a braying bully. If she can stand up to Bill, she sure as hell can put Ridge in his place about her having Deacon in her life. 

Has Ridge even once said to Hope that he loves her through all of this?  That he cares about her? Given her examples about why he is concerned about Deacon being in her life? Come at her from a place of love and concern?

The deal is, Ridge is pissed about Deacon for what he represents - Brooke losing her mind over a man that wasn't him and who she couldn't let go so much that she betrayed her own daughter to be with him. This is a man that Ridge divorced Brooke over due to a random text they shared right after Bridge's umpteenth wedding.  Ridge is also letting his emotions cloud his judgement when it comes to Deacon because he hates that this is yet another man that has a hold over Brooke emotionally and a permanent bond with her through Hope. 

Now had Hope called out Ridge's fake concern for her with his actual issue that Brooke and Deacon shared a sordid but passionate past and that he hates THAT I would've applauded her. Let the gloves come off. Ridge can stomach Hope as Brooke's daughter rather than Deacon's daughter but with Deacon around and Hope pushing for the familial connection it just brings it all back that Brooke had a love  with that man that Ridge couldn't touch and their love is walking and talking in the form of Hope.

Something is off with Thomas's haircut. They kept it a it too full/long for the short cut they want him to sport. I prefer the manbun, LOL.

• Love 8

The verbal spat Quinn and Katie almost felt like a waste of screen time. They both sounded petty and beside themselves but I don't know why Katie didn't bring up Vegasgate when Quinn said the Logans don't play fair. Or all the times she interfered in Lame's relationships with Hope and Steffy on her worthless son's behalf. Quinn knows all about playing dirty (and illegal) to get what she wants. So I don't get why she's projecting her own hypocrisy and double standards onto them. As if she didn't start it. Quinn....Drop the holier-than-thou, "no you are a hyporcrite1! not me1!1" act. Taylor does it way better. 

Even the oft quoted "stain on the family" thing, while not a great turn of phrase, was Ridge speculating what the media may say if the scandal broke out, not his personal opinion. He mentions the tabloids calling Brooke a tramp for it. The conversation happens within the first minute of the following clip:

!!! Okay I actually remember that now! I thought there was another time he mentioned that stain thing. Wow RM and TK are like night and day. This is a Ridge I can understand being taken in by. And this Ridge was a decent step-dad to Hope even though this was all after the fact of his initial reaction/behavior in Hope's youth. But this is a nice reminder of what we could've had even after the recast if not for you know who being an insecure, trifling, hateful heifer... 

While Ridge definitely supported Steffy in her ill-begotten Aspen marriage (IIRC, the only one RM was around for before his retirement and gosh, I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years!), he was by far the least invested adult in all of that by a huge margin. He didn't pull the lever either way. 

I guess him not being firmly in Hope's corner after Aspen is one of the top reasons why he's seen as a faulty father figure. He might love them both it was clear who was in the wrong there and he would've been better for staunchly saying so right then and dispelling, once and for all, whatever lies Taylor had fed Steffy about his wife, her family, and step-daughter that was making her behave so vindictively. I don't know why he dropped the ball so hard after it was proven he can stick up for Hope after the "Ho for the Future" thing.

while he'd been right to tear Liam a new one, I assume Ronn Moss discussed with Bell and the writers how hypocritical it would've been to have him overly slamming him, all things considered. 

Lol really? If that's the case then we really should've gotten that cos Ron Moss should've known better than anyone that hypocrisy is the Forrester way. Definitely the Ridge Forrester way.

Douglas is cute as ever, but holy cow the writers are trying to lay Tharis on thick aren't they? I miss Thomas' man bun too! I don't hate Paris' hair but I certainly won't miss it if she changes it again.   

Edited by TeamGabi
  • Love 5

Finally Hope grew a backbone and gave Ridge a piece of her mind.  Ridge goes on and on about Deacon but has Ridge been the father of the decade?  Stuffy mind your own business and STFU. 

Yes Hope, it’s time to move out of the cabin. It was time months ago.  

Great excuse for Lurch to not wear a shirt. I was wondering out and Charlie told me to leave. A squirt of deodorant a change of shirt and Lurch is good go 🤭.  By now Stuffy is getting ripe because she still has dog shit on her head.  At least TIIC fixed Hope’s bangs with a new wig. Hope looks a lot better.  

Lurch is at it again by weaponizing Douglas to get to Paris. Zende wants Lurch out so he can have Paris all to himself?  I don’t get it, Zende’s place looks a hole lot better than where Paris is living. 

Brooke your being a little disingenuous here. Ridge might be part of your upbringing but there were a few other men that helped raise you also.  Brooke didn’t Nick Marone actually adopt Hope when you were married to him. 

• Love 6