Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Well, Jack ditched the sleaze-stache but also lost the love and trust of his gorgeous and too good for him wife, Li, with the reveal that Finn is his biological son.

Foolish, trifling man.

I'd be fine with Bill and Li pairing up.

ETA: Li's face is my mood, watching the show of late.

DsCsNqNA?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Well, Jack ditched the sleaze-stache but also lost the love and trust of his gorgeous and too good for him wife, Li, with the reveal that Finn is his biological son.

Foolish, trifling man.

Hasn't Li suffered enough?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

For some reason the sound went out on my CBS channel right after Jack told Li he is Finn’s biological father. The only interesting scene on this show in ages and I couldn’t hear it. You could see how angry Li was that she’d been lied to for so many years. I hope she really let Jack have it. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Foolish, trifling man.

ETA: Li's face is my mood, watching the show of late.

DsCsNqNA?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love angry Li!  $Bill would get a boner just looking at that face. 😅

Also, I think Finn's acting has improved as he's gotten more comfortable in his role.  I liked him in the Liberty Bibberty commercial so I'm glad he's got a steady gig on a soap opera.  I hope he doesn't get killed off any time soon.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Also, I think Finn's acting has improved as he's gotten more comfortable in his role.  I liked him in the Liberty Bibberty commercial so I'm glad he's got a steady gig on a soap opera.  I hope he doesn't get killed off any time soon.

I wouldn't mind him sticking around if they gave him anything to do beside worshiping at Steffy's feet and being not-Liam. I wish Steffy could get her own Nick Marone, someone who would challenge her as a person instead of coddling her like everyone in her life does.

• Love 10

Li was pretty subdued; all things considered. I do hope they keep her around, she would be an excellent addition to the cast. 

Why did Quinn have to be so damn snarky? I mean "hurry this up, I have to get home to my husband!" For what exactly? More piano time? More singing? Logan bashing? Cause it sure ain't for anything involving your husband's dick. 

Two months ago Zende was telling Paris they needed to slow things down. Just sayin'......

Nothing but anvils coming out of Finn's mouth. I think we all got a pretty clear picture how he is going to feel about his bio dad. 

That opening scene? Man, that shit pisses me off. There was a time you saw that type of action and excitement before a fashion show. I hate these little bones they throw us to remind us that this is supposed to be a show about a fashion house. 

12 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Why does Jack whisper all of the time? Speak up man!!

Jack been hangin' with Brooke.......

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

What is with Jack's occasional Irish lilt?  "Oim Finn's fodder"?  What?

Are you Irish or not?

My parents are Irish immigrants, while there's always a soft lilt, it gets accentuated by different factors (anger, liquor, talking to an Irish person...).

• Useful 3

Li, you know nothing about Sheila but one sided hearsay but you can call her treacherous?  

Isn’t HFTF an advocate the young and virtuous?  Since KM left, it has seemed to turn to the usual FC rags. More evening wear than casual cocktail wear.  

With everyone drooling over Paris it’s making her hair look like a rusty steel wool pad. I can’t wait for Zoey to say DePlane DePlane as Paris arrives at Fantasy Island. 

Typical Stuffy, you have family over and don’t have anything preparation for them. Not even a plate of crackers and cheese. Oh, if your hungry, we can ORDER SOMETHING.  

Poor poor Jack. He’s not going to suffer the rathe of Finn but the rathe of Stuffy.  Doesn’t matter that Jack knew nothing about Shiela and the Foresters back then. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 4

Just as I thought, seems we'll be skipping Li's reaction to Jack's decades-long deception to get to Finn's confused befuddlement and, most importantly, the fact Sheila could have blown Jack up anytime over the last thirty years but didn't.  "Isn't that proof that she's changed?"

(See, also, Deacon discontinuing the fiction of a relationship with Sheila.  "Isn't that proof that he's changed?")

Switching gears, I have to say it burns my butt to see Hope, who has no discernible skills or talents, zero, being "the boss" over people with actual skills and talents, i.e., Thomas and Zende.  She doesn't seem to do anything.  And then gets to pass judgment on their designs?  What does she know about . . . anything?

Ugh.  Infuriating.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Just as I thought, seems we'll be skipping Li's reaction to Jack's decades-long deception to get to Finn's confused befuddlement and, most importantly, the fact Sheila could have blown Jack up anytime over the last thirty years but didn't.  "Isn't that proof that she's changed?"

(See, also, Deacon discontinuing the fiction of a relationship with Sheila.  "Isn't that proof that he's changed?")

Switching gears, I have to say it burns my butt to see Hope, who has no discernible skills or talents, zero, being "the boss" over people with actual skills and talents, i.e., Thomas and Zende.  She doesn't seem to do anything.  And then gets to pass judgment on their designs?  What does she know about . . . anything?

Ugh.  Infuriating.

See also: Steffy, the co-CEO.

Carter, letting Paris know he's there for her, if she ever needs to talk.

Carter-Paris-BB-HW-1.jpg?resize=1024,598

Get a dog, dude.

Or some lotion.

Or both.

Not together, obviously.

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, Cool Breeze said:

Ugh.  Infuriating.

In fairness, has anyone other than Bridget really earned their acclaim in the fashion industry? Say what one will about the idiocy of her leaving the medical profession behind, she submitted her designs the Jackie M anonymously and after Nick bounced her following their divorce, she turned down Ridge's offer to design for FC.

But the rest of the Brat Pack? All any of their whiners *do* is let Mommy and Daddy fight their battles and get pushed into positions according and it's all boring and trite. The show has been missing true underdogs since the Spectras left and for the brief period Spectra 2.0 were on the show, it was an amazing breath of fresh air to have a semblance of that back.

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Carter, letting Paris know he's there for her, if she ever needs to talk.

7198358d-dc14-4d94-943b-85e6e25ca34c.thumb.jpg.28849843cf83c82280c79c7157cec1c4.jpg

Carter and Quinn split up two weeks ago, he seems to be into Katie but now he's also talking up Paris, who's has a boyfriend and that also has Thomas as a contender for attention after ALSO spending the summer being hot for Finn, I just--

As a black woman, I want to be happy they are finally developing and integrating the characters they have , but man am I dizzy by this round of musical chairs.

• Love 12

Everyday I find myself muting when this show comes on. I cannot stand the extreme elevating of Paris and her smarts, beauty, intelligence, compassion etc. What exactly has this orange headed chick done? Also that genius, Hope. Again, what makes her a design expert? That sad actor, Zende? He never improves. This show is circling the drain, for sure.

• Love 9

So many grown men drooling over Paris?!  GMAB  Halloween is over Paris, lose the orangey red hair already.  Your natural hair color would look GREAT!

Carter is cringeworthy and wonder why he suddenly has the need to flirt with Paris when Katie and he were growing closer.

Zende is boring boring boring.  So sick of their kissing all the time…especially when they have an audience and they are in the office.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Ugh. Another day of tongue-bathing Paris. I might be at a table for one, but I'm not that impressed with Paris nor am I that interested in her.  And what is Carter doing inviting another member to his "lonely hearts" club? First of all, he's way too old for Paris. 

I thought that dress Zende was working on was fugly.  I also thought from yesterday's show that maybe we were going to be in for an upcoming fashion show, but then remembered that we can't have nice things.

At least we didn't have to watch and listen to Eric play the piano and sing.

MVP for today's show was Li. Loved the murderous looks she was shooting Jack's way.  I also did a quick check and the "other" TK wasn't born in Ireland, but good old Hollywood. So, I don't get where his Irish fauxge is coming from. 

• Love 11

Just look at Li! No need to scream and shout; her looks and tone and body language said it all. And I also appreciated how she took control. I just love this character. 

Come on Show! This non-stop, perpetual Paris lovefest needs to end. And what the actual fuck was Carter doing? Don't have him jumping into Paris's dating pool. He has something fresh, and something nice going with Katie. So you just stop the shit right now. 

Finn should be disappointed in Jack for stepping out on his lovely wife. And yeah, he should be steamed that he never fessed up about being the real daddy, but that should be it. I don't particularly like Jack; I think he is a creep, but from what we are hearing he was a good, solid, loving father to Finn. My opinion is that the real victim here is Li, who was truly betrayed and lied to. 

14 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

See also: Steffy, the co-CEO.

Beat me to it!

13 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

In fairness, has anyone other than Bridget really earned their acclaim in the fashion industry?

I miss the days of Felicia and Kristin. Margo too, although not a Forrester, she still brought something unique and special to the party. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Ugh. Another day of tongue-bathing Paris. I might be at a table for one, but I'm not that impressed with Paris nor am I that interested in her.  And what is Carter doing inviting another member to his "lonely hearts" club? First of all, he's way too old for Paris. 

I thought that dress Zende was working on was fugly.  I also thought from yesterday's show that maybe we were going to be in for an upcoming fashion show, but then remembered that we can't have nice things.

At least we didn't have to watch and listen to Eric play the piano and sing.

MVP for today's show was Li. Loved the murderous looks she was shooting Jack's way.  I also did a quick check and the "other" TK wasn't born in Ireland, but good old Hollywood. So, I don't get where his Irish fauxge is coming from. 

Maybe TK2 thinks since his character's last name is Finnegan, he should drop in an Irish lilt now and again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, Angeleyes said:

Whelp folks, countdown to yet another WTD storyline because JMW just announced on The Talk she’s pregnant again. 

As an aside, while I'm very happy for her, I just cannot even imagine getting pregnant in the same calendar year of giving birth! O_O

That said, there's no need to give Steffy another child right now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm getting tired of the Paris lovefest, too.  She can't act, she hasn't done anything special.  All she's got going for is boobs and orange hair. 

And it bears repeating:  she can't act. 

Hopequin was a better actress than her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Jack if you are my biological father that means you fucked Shiela. Dad do you still have a dick?  Yes Finn my dick is intact. Hey Stuffy, my dad fucked Shiela and his dick didn’t fall off. That must mean she’s not an evil witch.  

I don’t know how much Zende knows about Lurch but Carter definitely knows how much Lurch likes to go after other  men’s girlfriends. Can someone say Ivy, Caroline, Hope?  Paris tells Lurch she has a boyfriend but with Lurch that doesn’t mean crap.  Lurch keeps professing his feelings for Paris and Paris seems to flattered instead of appalled.  I think this could be heading to a repeat of “miss understanding” night  

The best acting Finn can do is when he has a duh moment. Finn has that facial expressions down pat.  Finn’s outrage on Jack seemed very contrived and it was more about appeasing Stuffy than chastising Jack and defending his mother. 

Who’s more dense Zende or Finn?  It’s a toss up but both can knock down a brick wall with their head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I'm at a table for one on this, but while I don't necessarily love ever fashion choice Paris makes or this orange hair of hers, it's nice to see anyone on this show with any attempt at fashion flair at all, given the basic bitch 2002 JCPenney catalogue picks that pass for high fashion these days. Seriously, the last fashion show I can recall was when all three Avant sisters were on the show and probably predates the release of Pokemon Go.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Whelp folks, countdown to yet another WTD storyline because JMW just announced on The Talk she’s pregnant again. 

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

As an aside, while I'm very happy for her, I just cannot even imagine getting pregnant in the same calendar year of giving birth! O_O

That said, there's no need to give Steffy another child right now.

My gut feeling says B&B will not incorporate her IRL pregnancy into the show.  They've already done it twice. I don't see them giving Steffy a third child so soon.

• Love 5

I didn’t think they would incorporate this last pregnancy into the storyline since she had just finished with the drug addiction story and started the new relationship with Finn, but then we got Hopequinn night out of nowhere so I’m just going to assume that each time JMW gets pregnant in real life that Steffy and Liam are going to randomly hook up again. JMW said in the People article that she and her husband want a big family so my guess is that the roller coaster of TOD is likely to continue for Steffy on the show. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

My gut feeling says B&B will not incorporate her IRL pregnancy into the show.  They've already done it twice. I don't see them giving Steffy a third child so soon.

Agreed. I'm guessing we'll be seeing Steffy carrying a lot of big purses and sitting behind her big co-CEO desk this time around

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Agreed. I'm guessing we'll be seeing Steffy carrying a lot of big purses and sitting behind her big co-CEO desk this time around

I sincerely hope that you’re right!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TVForever said:

And when she finally is about to give birth and go on maternity leave, Sheila will make Steffy disappear and make it appear that she is dead so that she could get closer to Finn and his son.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm ok with Thomas telling Paris how he feels. Her relationship with Zende has always been rather loosey goosey, and just a few months ago Zende was telling Paris they needed to slow things down. There is no real commitment going on here, and quite frankly they are dull, and uninteresting. Thomas and Paris might just work; the unexpected often leads to lightning in a bottle. And they are going to need someone for Hope down the line when Liam is overwhelmed about Deacon and goes and fucks Steffy, and I don't want that person to be Thomas. I have no doubt it will be Finn given all the chem testing they have been doing with them. 

Just look at Finn getting all animated. Only took finding out his adoptive dad is actually his bio dad. 

I really just don't like Jack at all; he is smarmy and subversive, and for the life of me I don't understand how he ever scored someone as lovely and dignified as Li. He even makes me feel bad for Sheila. I hate creeps who step out on their wives, then sneer and deride the woman they chose to fuck. Yeah, Sheila is a loon, but she is a loon you chose to betray your wife with. So shut the fuck up. 

I have been trying to get the timeline down of when Finn was born. Was this before Genoa City? Or after LA? It just doesn't make sense that it would have been after Eric, and all that transpired with James, and jail, then Sheila coming back and killing Taylor. I wish Show would make things a little clearer. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I'm ok with Thomas telling Paris how he feels. Her relationship with Zende has always been rather loosey goosey, and just a few months ago Zende was telling Paris they needed to slow things down. There is no real commitment going on here, and quite frankly they are dull, and uninteresting. Thomas and Paris might just work; the unexpected often leads to lightning in a bottle

Agreed. I'm not as down on Paris as most people. I think TIIC need to give her some actual reason for all the men on the show to fawn over her, but the same could've been said about Hope 10 years ago and Steffy too. So far, she hasn't done anything great but she hasn't been awful either.

4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

And they are going to need someone for Hope down the line when Liam is overwhelmed about Deacon and goes and fucks Steffy, and I don't want that person to be Thomas. I have no doubt it will be Finn given all the chem testing they have been doing with them. 

I'd rather it not be Finn because I'm tired of Hope and Steffy fighting over men, but I'm #NeverThomas, so...yeah.

• Love 8
On 11/21/2021 at 7:56 AM, RuntheTable said:

I have been trying to get the timeline down of when Finn was born. Was this before Genoa City? Or after LA? It just doesn't make sense that it would have been after Eric, and all that transpired with James, and jail, then Sheila coming back and killing Taylor. I wish Show would make things a little clearer. 

Don't bother. As with most retconned storylines, this isn't going to make sense with anything you already know about Sheila's past with either show. Just avoid the headache and pretend you dont know what you know...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

So, every single unattached male in the show fawning over the glory and wonder that is Paris Buckingham MUST mean she is about to get horrifically and unquestionably murdered very soon...right?  RIGHT?? 

I hope not. Not because I'm some super big fan or terribly invested but between Emma's death receiving no justice and the clear lack of checks and balances before the Eric/Quinn/Carter shit went to air, this show has....shall we be generous and say perception issues that I am exhausted about screaming about. Real life already sucks hard enough on this as it is.

But even besides this, killing off characters is just lazy as all shit. Just write her off as following Zoe wherever she fucked off to and I'll get the pleasure of knowing they're both miserable. Win-win for everyone.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Judging from Jack’s hair height, that must be some super duper blow dryer on B&B.

LOL it certainly was!  Must have been a Dyson!

Had to FF Finn’s overreaction to Jack’s confession.  I don’t get it myself.  Steffy had no lines today, Yay!

I will bet if Zende was on Oprah right now he would jump up on the couch backwards too!  

I was glad to hear Paris tell Thomas they should remain friends.  But Zende and Thomas are heading for problems and over Paris?!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Look at Stuffy’s face you know that she’s loving this fight between Finn and Jack. I still say that Finn is acting outraged more for Stuffy than himself.  So Finn is more outraged about Jack cheating on his mom than Stuffy cheating on him with Liam. 

What’s wrong with this picture?  Finn’s parents are in a motel room instead of Stuffy’s house but that gave Paris a room. 

Also, Maya’s parents stayed in a flea bag motel instead of Eric’s house.  Lurch, why a motel room and not Brooke’s house. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

LOL it certainly was!  Must have been a Dyson!

Had to FF Finn’s overreaction to Jack’s confession.  I don’t get it myself.  Steffy had no lines today, Yay!

I will bet if Zende were to go on Oprah right now he would jump up on the couch backwards too!  

I was glad to hear Paris tell Thomas they should remain friends.  But Zende and Thomas are heading for problems and over Paris?!

according to spoilers on Reddit I came across, Thomas is gonna go back on his obsessive bullshit again and start persuing her in earnest.

I just fucking can't even with this a FOURTH time.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

between Emma's death receiving no justice and the clear lack of checks and balances before the Eric/Quinn/Carter shit went to air, this show has....shall we be generous and say perception issues

I had sort of overlooked that, and I am sorry.  But I am so tired of the Paris is so aahhhhmayzeen dialogue. Something has to happen to take her down a few pegs. There is no dissenting voice saying "meh, she aint all that" 

Hey, Zende remembered he was married before!!! 

And Jack keeps saying he never fessed up about Finn's bio parentage because he was "protecting them from Sheila"...so for some reason HE KNEW AND KNOWS that Sheila was and is dangerous.

Can Li adopt me too? Now if everyone with a voice sat around talking about how awesome SHE is, I'd be happy to join that fanclub.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Look at Stuffy’s face you know that she’s loving this fight between Finn and Jack. I still say that Finn is acting outraged more for Stuffy than himself.  So Finn is more outraged about Jack cheating on his mom than Stuffy cheating on him with Liam. 

Very good point that he's holding his father to a higher standard than his own wife.  Maybe he puts women on a pedestal and blames men for being the baddies when it takes two to tango.

Unpopular opinion - Li has allll the reason to be mad at Jack and not want to play peacemaker between Jack and Finn at the moment, but there was something about the way she piled on when Finn was going off on Jack, running to hug Finn and telling Jack off AGAIN that just rang manipulative to me. Support your son, no doubt, but your relationship with Jack is not for Finn to be involved with, IMO. Something about the way she was supporting Finn felt off to me. Maybe it was the writing.

Sooooo what's next for Jack? Spirals into alcohol? Tries to kill Sheila but ends up killing himself by mistake? Drunken one night stand with Donna? Ted King's being written into a corner with Jack and I want better for him and for Jack to rally where he can be onscreen longer term.

The 'Everybody Loves Paris' plot is just so weird. She's not a bad character but these accolades and sudden obsession by 3 men after her own fizzled obsession with Finn is just bizarre.  It makes way more sense to bring Sasha and Nicole back for Zende to be torn between with Paris; Thomas can move home with Eric and Quinn with Douglas and just be a single dad for a while or eventually hook back up with Sasha.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

I had sort of overlooked that, and I am sorry. 

No worries. This is an industry-wide problem, not B&B only but it's telling how often black characters (and Gabriella, the only Latina of any note in the 20+ years I've been watching) are either pushed to the background as Carter was for ages or only used to prop up white characters (ie Marcus, Justin and Maya).

That said:

17 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

But I am so tired of the Paris is so aahhhhmayzeen dialogue. Something has to happen to take her down a few pegs. There is no dissenting voice saying "meh, she aint all that"

I'm in full agreement here. I don't want her dead but that doesn't mean I'm not as sick of the tonguebaths as I was when Hope got parties thrown in her honor every 6 months or when TIIC sang Taylor's extremely unearned praises. I would say it's getting into Cricket Blair territory but Christine to her credit actual WAS a superwoman who modeled and sang and used those talents to pay for law school. People still rooted for Phyllis for all of six months in 1994 to stomp The Bug in spite of that anyway but she like....sorta earned it. No one on B&B has except Bridget and....welp, we know she's the Meg Griffin to the Forrester/Logans' collective Peter so.... 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 11/21/2021 at 11:57 AM, Anna Yolei said:

Agreed. I'm not as down on Paris as most people. I think TIIC need to give her some actual reason for all the men on the show to fawn over her, but the same could've been said about Hope 10 years ago and Steffy too. So far, she hasn't done anything great but she hasn't been awful either.

My feelings too. I have always liked Paris, but it seems they didn't know what to do with her in the beginning of her run, and her aimlessness hurt the character. I think the redeeming thing for her back then was Zoe's abuse, but once they got her involved with Eric, Shauna and Quinn, it really started to go downhill. Then they decided she was gonna be hot for Dr. Finn, and moved her into his and Steffy's house. And the weirdness really took off. I will say she was redeemed by moving out and putting the brakes on her growing attraction, but I think that has more to do with TIIC realizing there was nothing there with her and Finn. So now they have moved her on to Thomas, in their never ending search for a new triangle, and for whatever reason they are having Paris turn him down. I really can't help but wonder if it had been Finn would she have had Zende's back like that? 

Wow, Finn, how do you really feel? I fully expected some shock and confusion, but all that was a bit over the top. Jack being your bio dad doesn't change anything. He was a good father to you from all accounts. You had a loving family unit, you were nurtured and cared for, given all the opportunities kids should have, and the fact that the man giving you all that was your real dad should actually be a good thing. 

Li on the other hand was betrayed. Her husband stepped out on her and had a baby with another woman, and he passed the child off as someone else's. I also think the fact that Li was unable to conceive, and thought she was doing a baby in need a service, when she was actually helping her philandering husband cover his tracks, has to hurt badly and very deeply. 

So Jennifer Gareis has been taken off contract; I guess they needed that overhead for Sheila and Deacon, who are now both in the opening credits. If they needed to get some salary back, they should have let Charlie, Shauna, and Flo go, and kept Donna, who has more to offer and could shake some things up. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 17