Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I've seen Steffy and Liam referred to as husband and wife a couple of times now. Did those two tits get married?

That screenshot of Thomas and Ridge...I had to inspect it more closely because at first glance I thought it was old Thomas.

• Love 1

Hey y'all.

Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt.  I like him...generally, but whenever he starts getting this huge chip on his shoulder about Liam and Bill, I have to roll my eyes.  Bill treats them differently because they're two different people.  Liam came on the show looking for his father, looking to build a relationship with his father and that's exactly what he did.  Wyatt, through no fault of his own, didn't even know his dad was alive and had a somewhat contentious start with Bill.  Wyatt was insistent on keeping his own identity -- he didn't want any "handouts" from Bill.  So when you tell your dad that you want to build your own way -- and you tell him that you barely want his name -- and the only times you come to him are to whine about your brother (Why don't you support my relationship with Hope, even though I knew that pursuing her would create a huge rift with my brother; Why don't you give me Liam's beach house because it's bigger; Why didn't you give me a position at Forrester even though I've always said I wanted to make my own way.  I only want it because Liam has two executive positions; Why don't you give me $11 million so I can compete with Liam because I got "screwed over" by Steffy even though I had zero chance with her and she told me as much), then I feel like you can't really get pissed when your dad doesn't take you seriously.  We've seen several father/son moments with Bill and Liam and basically nothing with Bill and Wyatt.  IMO, all of these feelings of inferiority can be placed directly on Quinn's shoulders.

I'm also glad that Liam is basically ignoring Ivy's tantrums.  I mean, he came up with the idea to take Forrester from Rick for her.  Obviously, it didn't turn out well, but all of her, "Liam didn't stand up for me" screams A Woman Scorned.  Which, be scorned by all means, but don't expect me to go along with her "interesting recollection."

• Love 5

Thomas looks like he's crying

It also looks like he doesn't know how to punch!

I generally don't think any parents on this show are much to write home about, but come on. Thomas is a grown man and it's about time to stop whining about his daddy issues. I felt the same way when Rick was doing all that crying and whining to Eric.

I realize money isn't everything but these grown ass idiots complaining about terrible childhoods spent skiing and so forth is just gross. Thomas, Rick and whoever else don't know the meaning of a terrible childhood.

I hate that Caroline likely preggers with icky Thomas's child. I too wish he would have been in bed with some dude rather than the female intern. It would have been a much better reveal.

• Love 12

I've seen Steffy and Liam referred to as husband and wife a couple of times now. Did those two tits get married?

That screenshot of Thomas and Ridge...I had to inspect it more closely because at first glance I thought it was old Thomas.

No. They haven't remarried yet. They're not even engaged. I was so certain that as soon as Steffy wrested Liam away from Ivy that she'd drag him straight to the altar. Wonder what the delay is? I guess lack of second-hand engagement rings lying around? Liam could always borrow one from Ridge's stash.

I loved Ivy's nasty quip to Liam. I don't view her as "scorned." Liam treated her like shit including dumping her during Aly's funeral. I'm tired of these women who play nicey or worse, try to grovel their way back to the man. Liam deserves every word of Ivy's wrath and more. I'd love nothing more than to see Quinn and Ivy team up and torture Liam and Steffy. I'm in for Liam-Quinn hate sex just to slay Steffy.

What in the fresh hell provoked that fight between Thomas and Ridge? Ridge is one to lecture Thomas about sleeping around. Ridge cheated on Caroline 1.0 with Alexis Simpson, a fashion journalist and he cheated on Brooke (ONS) with a FC model. Thomas isn't even in a relationship where he's being unfaithful. Add me to the list of those sick and tired of the whiny entitled Taytots and their perceived "Daddy abandonment" issues. PUH-LEESE.

Could you picture Ronn Moss and Adam Gregory in that scene? Laughable!

I kinda wanted for it to be Zende under the sheets with Thomas. No blood there, right?

• Love 13

I loved Ivy's nasty quip to Liam. I don't view her as "scorned." Liam treated her like shit including dumping her during Aly's funeral. I'm tired of these women who play nicey or worse, try to grovel their way back to the man. Liam deserves every word of Ivy's wrath and more. I'd love nothing more than to see Quinn and Ivy team up and torture Liam and Steffy. I'm in for Liam-Quinn hate sex just to slay Steffy.

IMO, Ivy's and Liam's relationship ended poorly, but that doesn't negate the entire thing.  He did a lot of stuff for her, including the aforementioned hostile takeover of a company on her behalf.  That was my point.  Her going on and on that Liam never stood up for her rings false.

• Love 5

I was beginning to warm to a less crazy but still truth-telling Quinn, and would much rather have her, Deacon, Wyatt, and Ivy go head to head with Forrester creations that another round of sword-making and attempted murder.  And having Liam run to Wyatt for help with Quinn, and using past history to get Wyatt on his side in the current situation?  What a douche!

I loved Quinn reading Liam for filth (Liam having no attachments to anyone else was spot on with that twerp), and it was so threatening he had to go to warn Wyatt she was forging another sword ... all the better to run you through with.

Liam is $Bill's Number One Son because he's a Meat Puppet.

meatpuppetsfinished1.jpg

• Love 8

IMO, Ivy's and Liam's relationship ended poorly, but that doesn't negate the entire thing. He did a lot of stuff for her, including the aforementioned hostile takeover of a company on her behalf. That was my point. Her going on and on that Liam never stood up for her rings false.

True, but this show (actually, all soaps nowadays) love them so revisionist history. Why, I have no idea in the age of YouTube; even with CBS and/or the Bell family getting all the full episodes removed, there's still plenty of clips to be had of the show after 2010 at least.

It works the other way to show that Steffy was always second choice. It's like that one Beyonce song: "You must not know 'bout me/there'll be another you in a minute." Which is about 58.5 seconds longer than Liam has ever been single since before getting with Amber way back when, but I digress....

• Love 4

Now that was a good show; watched it twice and will probably watch a third time too! What I really appreciated was that we had more than two characters interacting on the same set; let's see, there were ten actors on five different sets? And the dialog was fresh and not cyclical. 

Quinn was just awesome, although I don't really know what the dullard can do for her or Wyatt, but she sees through that boy as if he were made of glass. I was howling as I heard Liam going on to Quinn about "now you are threatening me again". Really? I heard no threats. Then the little pansy runs to Wyatt for protection! Dear Lord, would somebody, anybody, go and retrieve Liam's balls from Steffy's toy box and reattach them? And then my beautiful little Aussie stepped up and showed Liam that there are women out there who can get past him and his crap, and now that she is with the Spencer bro who knows how to treat his lady, she can read Liam for filth and feel really good about it. The fact that Wyatt is purported to be better in the sack is just an added bonus. I also loved how Ivy called Liam on his anti-manliness by pointing out that she had no problem dealing with Quinn, even after the woman shoved her off a bridge. That is because Liam only hears what he wants to hear; he doesn't believe people can change, even though he does so daily, but no, Quinn is out to cut him with sword again and he is scared. Fucking clueless coward; now this is all I can see when I think of Liam and Quinn:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f9/03/38/f90338f0832f8a69c4a82ee17bc08883.jpg

A Deacon sighting! Yay! And looking smoking hot too. His and Quinn's exchange perfectly illustrates why this couple works. Quinn can say the meanest things to Deacon and he just let's them roll off. And he gives her good advice; talk it out don't act it out. At the end of the day, I am laying all this at Bill's feet. You don't say things like that about your child, whether you mean it or not, and you certainly don't say them to his mother. And you most assuredly don't say them to Quinn. Bill always gets away with his snark and his bad manners, but this time he may have crossed the wrong line, and his chronic diarrhea of the mouth is going to come back and bite him in the ass because Quinn absolutely believes that he doesn't love Wyatt equally. 

My goodness, the nastiness between Brooke and Ridge! How fucking awesome is that? I kept waiting for Ridge to raise his hand and have lightening bolts coming out of his fingers, zapping Brooke across the room. Ridge's one liners to Brooke are bad enough, but TK's delivery? I wonder if these two get together to figure out how best to play their scenes, cause that shit was entertainment at it's finest. Brooke "was Caroline upset?" Ridge "what do you think?" Brooke "maybe there is some other procedure?" Ridge "don't you think I already asked that?" And Ridge's abrupt "goodbye". I was wowed I tell ya. 

So, Caroline now realizes that Thomas was not her friend. He was only her friend because there was an empty bed available, and because screwing Caroline was a way to screw his father. But now that he has gotten what he wanted, he can't make time for her when she is clearly upset. I wonder if Charlotte hadn't been there if Thomas would have been able to make time for her. After telling her to lay down and take a load off of course. What a douche. 

I don't like the way Caroline is contemplating all that blue ocean. 

Just like Rick, as and adult, Thomas really needs to let go of his daddy issues. I don't remember Ridge ever being a dead beat dad. He may have waffled between Brooke and Taylor, but I don't remember him not being there for his kids. If my memory serves me correctly, Ridge left Brooke when Taylor told him Thomas was his child and not Thorne's. He also left Brooke when Taylor came back from the dead the second time, and that was all about the TayTots too. All the same, that was some powerful stuff going on yesterday. TK and PF were so good in those scenes. I bought into every minute of it. And I am glad they have tried to explain Thomas's new found daddy dislike, and why he has come home from Paris with this massive chip on his shoulder. After this, I can't wait for Ridge to find out about Thomas taking advantage of Caroline. I have no doubt that Ridge will see it for what it was. At the same time, Ridge might learn a valuable lesson about sleeping with women who are drunk or high. It was always a big joke for Ridge because it was Caroline 1.0 and Brooke, and everyone understood right? No hard feelings on Thorne or Nick's part? Oh, I think Ridge is going to feel the depths of despair his brothers felt when they learned of his treachery. That could all be a good thing though, and may pull him and Caroline even closer. 

• Love 10
No. They haven't remarried yet. They're not even engaged. I was so certain that as soon as Steffy wrested Liam away from Ivy that she'd drag him straight to the altar. Wonder what the delay is? I guess lack of second-hand engagement rings lying around? Liam could always borrow one from Ridge's stash.

Maybe he can go sneak that nasty old red ribbon out of the poetry book Katie put it in when she and Ridge called things off. 

• Love 3

Maybe he can go sneak that nasty old red ribbon out of the poetry book Katie put it in when she and Ridge called things off. 

The book she keeps in the bathroom?

It would only be fitting considering how nasty that ribbon must be.

That screenshot of Thomas the Creeper and Ridge the Unwashed is hilarious - I keep picturing Thomas doing this:

man%20fighting%20like%20a%20girl%20gif.g

• Love 7

Substitute Hope for Ivy in the same set of dynamics. Do you think Liam would have stood by passively and let Steffy fire Hope?

I don't think that Thomas viewed Caroline as just another notch on his bedpost. He's been fantasizing about her all along. Was he wrong to have jumped on her in her altered and highly emotional state? Absolutely. Saying that he used poor judgment is a gross understatement, but I think Caroline was more to him than just a ONS to stick it to Ridge.Him slugging Ridge was just icing.

Ridge needs to get a restraining order against Brooke. She's becoming every bit as meddlesome as Stephanie.

Deacon was looking mighty fine yesterday. It looks like he's lost weight and toned up. I don't mind the lighter hair. It actually looked like he'd been out catching waves and not spending hours in the salon chair. (Hello Thorne.)

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 10

I never thought I'd say this, but God bless Quinn! Her putting Liam on blast for all the special treatment he's gotten whether he deserves it or not was epic. Quinn's claim that Liam loves to rescue other women, but when it comes to saving his own brother, he couldn't care less was spot-on. Ivy's dissing Liam was even better. That a woman who almost killed Ivy has shown more loyalty to her than the so-called "man" who claimed to love her is ironic, to say the least. Ditto Liam's running to Wyatt to fight his battles with Quinn when he doesn't seem to have much use for him otherwise. Quinn, Ivy & Wyatt have every right to be pissed at Liam. If Liam-and Bill, for that matter-had been as supportive of Wyatt as Quinn is, then Quinn might not be a problem in the first place.

Re Ridge Vs. Thomas, I'm Team Switzerland, to a point. Ridge has been a shitty father to his kids, but that doesn't give Thomas the right to be shitty himself, especially to Caroline. If Ridge wanted to fire Thomas after Thomas decked him, I wouldn't blame him. Thomas is a grown-ass man & it's time he started acting like one and not just with the interns.

As always, STFU, Brooke. Like I've said before, Ridge's sex life is none of your business anymore and hopefully it never will be again.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

Now that I've seen yesterday's episode: I was wrong--Charlotte the Intern looks a little bit like a short Caroline.  But she looks far more like Ally, which...ooooookay.

Quinn wasn't necessarily wrong about Liam, but unfortunately it falls under the same "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" umbrella as nearly everything Wyatt at this point.  That said, if she's going to get her meddle on...I'd really rather have that rival fashion house, given a choice.  Perhaps it's a swerve of some sort.  (A quick aside, though, to how Ashleigh Brewer was trying not to crack up during the bit where Liam was talking about being able to smell Quinn's brand of crazy.)

And Thomas going all neglected-child on Ridge...Ridge absolutely is Father of the Negative Millennium, buuuut even trying to take this in the hypocritical light of Thomas having been caught doing what dear old Dad turned into an art form was just odd.  Thomas certainly has reasons to resent Ridge, but since the show's never really elaborated that he actually did or does resent him...grrr.

• Love 3

Ya gotta wonder how Ridge is able to walk or sit down with Brooke so far up his rear end.

On one hand it does seem like a gross invasion of privacy but on the other hand, if the interns are under age 21, their phones are FC property, and they were told the phones would be tracked then I have no problem with it. In the case of B&B though it just seem like a silly plot device.

I know that place where Caroline and Ridge got married is one of the Bells' homes but it looks like a museum to me. Very sterile and utilitarian, and I say that as someone who usually likes modernistic, avant-garde architecture.

Yes to all of this. It'd be even better if Quinn rocked Liam's world so hard that he could barely function for days afterward. She needs to go full dominatrix on his trifling a$$.

Substitute Hope for Ivy in the same set of dynamics. Do you think Liam would have stood by passively and let Steffy fire Hope?

Nope, he certainly would not have. I think Ivy needs to accept that she was just a bed warmer for Liam until either Hope or Steffy returned. It hurts to realize you got used but there it is. All Liam does is use one woman as a substitute for or to punish another.

It would be delightful if Thomas learned about boundaries in the workplace.

Sure would but who's gonna teach him? His father? His grandfather? His former stepmother? His uncle Rick? None of these people have any boundaries in the workplace. FC is a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen and right now it looks like Thomas could be a good target. Especially if the intern doesn't end up getting hired full-time at FC after she slept with the CEO's son.

I kinda wanted for it to be Zende under the sheets with Thomas. No blood there, right?

Technically no but still, ew. I really thought it was going to be Othello. Wonder why the show went to such effort to make it look that way? Has there ever been any indication that Thomas might be gay or bisexual?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9

Has there ever been any indication that Thomas might be gay or bisexual?

Nothing directly, but in the 12 years since Thomas was first aged to a teenager his ralationships have included being statutorily raped by Amber, a green card marriage to the daughter of the maid that Stephanie ran over, and Dayzee, with a gap of about ten years between them. Oh, and his weird crush on Brooke after cheerlead in efforts to keep her and dad apart because of evil Logan blood.

Not saying he's gay, but if the writers can retcon an entire gender after introducing that character with a child that she gave birth to, Thomas switching teams will be a walk in the park and far easier to handwave the combined 11 months' worth of romances with the opposite sex.

• Love 5

I used to want Quinn and Liam to have screen-melting hate sex. Now it would feel like Godzilla having sex with an amoeba. I mean, I've always known Liam was like a human weathervane, turning whichever way the wind blows, but hearing that he gets told truths about himself and views them as threats...meh. I don't know why that's a bridge too far for me, but damn. I'd ask if Liam has reached peak pathetic, but I know the writers can rise to that challenge. Soon we'll have scenes of Steffy cutting up his pancakes for him and Bill burping him after a round of organic beers.

Thomas and Rick should form a support group for over privileged whiny ass tittie babies.

• Love 16
It'd be even better if Quinn rocked Liam's world so hard that he could barely function for days afterward. She needs to go full dominatrix on his trifling a$$.

I keep saying it was Quinn in the Dining Room with the Vegematic. 

• Love 1

Sure would but who's gonna teach him? His father? His grandfather? His former stepmother? His uncle Rick? None of these people have any boundaries in the workplace.

Indeed, my dear, indeed.

Welcome back kia *waves*

• Love 2

I used to want Quinn and Liam to have screen-melting hate sex. Now it would feel like Godzilla having sex with an amoeba. I mean, I've always known Liam was like a human weathervane, turning whichever way the wind blows, but hearing that he gets told truths about himself and views them as threats...meh. I don't know why that's a bridge too far for me, but damn. I'd ask if Liam has reached peak pathetic, but I know the writers can rise to that challenge.

Yeah, Liam has seen Quinn at her worst. He should be able to recognize the signs. Yesterday, none of those signs were there. She was calm. She was rational. Yes, she was upset, but I have no idea what she did or said that made him tinkle his pants and exaggerate the situation to Wyatt.

• Love 15
Yes, she was upset, but I have no idea what she did or said that made him tinkle his pants and exaggerate the situation to Wyatt.

She scaaaarred him! BOO! Liam is simply not used to women who have his number. He operates under the impression that they all adore him, and want to be with him, and all Quinn wants to do is cram her foot up his ass. 

• Love 9

I used to want Quinn and Liam to have screen-melting hate sex. Now it would feel like Godzilla having sex with an amoeba. I mean, I've always known Liam was like a human weathervane, turning whichever way the wind blows, but hearing that he gets told truths about himself and views them as threats...meh. I don't know why that's a bridge too far for me, but damn. I'd ask if Liam has reached peak pathetic, but I know the writers can rise to that challenge. Soon we'll have scenes of Steffy cutting up his pancakes for him and Bill burping him after a round of organic beers.

Thomas and Rick should form a support group for over privileged whiny ass tittie babies.

I think that Liam could also join this group because they are also joined at the ass hole. Liam because he only thinks of Wyatt, as family, when it benefits him and Thomas because, I agree with posters up thread , he only wanted Caroline because she was with Ridge. Was he even concerned about Caroline? He didn't send an apologetic text to Caroline as he did to Charlotte. Did anyone notice that Thomas blew a line today? He said that at least he wasn't ready to settle down with a woman who was half his age. What is Caroline now 14? Ridge brought up a law suit which Thomas replied that Charlotte would not do that which leads me to believe that there was on in Thomas' past and most likely in Paris. Does anyone know about this?

I guess Decon is a calming factor for Quinn since it seems he convinced her not to use a big stick but time will tell.

• Love 3

Hey y'all.

Wyatt, Wyatt, Wyatt.  I like him...generally, but whenever he starts getting this huge chip on his shoulder about Liam and Bill, I have to roll my eyes.  Bill treats them differently because they're two different people.  Liam came on the show looking for his father, looking to build a relationship with his father and that's exactly what he did.  Wyatt, through no fault of his own, didn't even know his dad was alive and had a somewhat contentious start with Bill.  Wyatt was insistent on keeping his own identity -- he didn't want any "handouts" from Bill.  So when you tell your dad that you want to build your own way -- and you tell him that you barely want his name -- and the only times you come to him are to whine about your brother (Why don't you support my relationship with Hope, even though I knew that pursuing her would create a huge rift with my brother; Why don't you give me Liam's beach house because it's bigger; Why didn't you give me a position at Forrester even though I've always said I wanted to make my own way.  I only want it because Liam has two executive positions; Why don't you give me $11 million so I can compete with Liam because I got "screwed over" by Steffy even though I had zero chance with her and she told me as much), then I feel like you can't really get pissed when your dad doesn't take you seriously.  We've seen several father/son moments with Bill and Liam and basically nothing with Bill and Wyatt.  IMO, all of these feelings of inferiority can be placed directly on Quinn's shoulders.

I'm also glad that Liam is basically ignoring Ivy's tantrums.  I mean, he came up with the idea to take Forrester from Rick for her.  Obviously, it didn't turn out well, but all of her, "Liam didn't stand up for me" screams A Woman Scorned.  Which, be scorned by all means, but don't expect me to go along with her "interesting recollection."

I totally agree with your post. And many of us have very much enjoyed Bill/Liam scenes. They have a genuine warmth, 

I too would love to see lightening bolts or something come out of Ridge's fingers as he flashes them at Brooke. What a pain the fucking ass she is. And Thomas is a whiny ass baby. I hate this revisionism because Ridge was there for his Taylor tots. It's poor RJ i feel for although he may be better off in boarding school.

• Love 7

As far as Steffy and waffles being married, they might have walked into someones back yard and said stuff to each other. That's how the cool kids get married these days. Bonus if they brought the parachute men with them.

Shame on Thomas and Ridge for acting like that in front of the Forrester matriarch portrait.  

• Love 15

As far as Steffy and waffles being married, they might have walked into someones back yard and said stuff to each other. That's how the cool kids get married these days. Bonus if they brought the parachute men with them.

Shame on Thomas and Ridge for acting like that in front of the Forrester matriarch portrait.  

One of the parachute men performed the ceremony.  Another one filled in as best man/ring bearer. 

• Love 9

Good lord! Waffles' Whine-o-Meter goes all the way up to 11. I'm glad Ivy and Wyatt shut that shit down. I haven't been this fed up with a B&B character since Hope was giving her "What My Virginity Means to Me" press conferences. Those two really deserved each other. So unbearably annoying, and now Liam is on every damn day, just like Hope was in her glory days.

Did anyone notice that Thomas blew a line today? He said that at least he wasn't ready to settle down with a woman who was half his age.

I noticed that, too, and I was SO hoping Ridge would've said, "Well, that's good because you'd be in jail right now if YOU were with a woman half your age." I'm sick of Thomas whining about the age difference. They're both adults. It's not like it's Anna Nicole Smith and her hubby who was in his 90's.

• Love 8

Did anyone notice that Thomas blew a line today? He said that at least he wasn't ready to settle down with a woman who was half his age.

Do you mean Thomas or PF? I still agree with Thomas. Caroline is like 23 and Ridge (if we're following history) is pushing 60. Furthermore it's his SON's ex and his EX's namesake. The ick factor knows no bounds. Ridge has NO room to clutch his pearls. School him Thomas, school him!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 8

Do you mean Thomas or PF? I still agree with Thomas. Caroline is like 23 and Ridge (if we're following history) is pushing 60. Furthermore it's his SON's ex and his EX's namesake. The ick factor knows no bounds. Ridge has NO room to clutch his pearls. School him Thomas, school him!

They hardly mention characters' age because of this while SORASing thing. Besides, TK's 49 and LG's 27 in real life, not that big of age difference. "SON's ex and his EX's namesake. The ick factor knows no bounds."  Since this is a show that pretty much all the characters had poor track record with relationship. I hardly see the ick factor with Caroline/Ridge.

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 5

Thomas also said that Caroline was younger than him, which also really doesn't help matters in that regard.  But since nobody actually mentions ages on this show, it all yanks open the door to the Fifty Shades of Temporal Mechanics Room and the hell with that.

Apart from Liam going straight to red alert over Quinn's Jan Brady moment (the lady did stab him, so to some degree I get it, but it was still a premature jump), today's episode makes me wonder if some of y'all called it and, in the face of all Caroline's flashbacks and such confirming that her baby is Thomas's, it'll actually be Ridge's kid and she lies about it thinking it's Thomas's.  I'm still of a mind that he's temporally screwed either way this goes, though the ongoing ick is reduced--if not significantly--if it's Thomas's child.

• Love 3

Besides, TK's 49 and LG's 27 in real life, not that big of age difference.

Yet that's completely irrelevant because we're discussing the characters ages not the actors. In real life Rena Sofer could in no way be the guy who plays Wyatt's mother but we aren't talking about Rena's age we're talking Quinn's age and likewise for Ridge and Caroline.

• Love 4

Yet that's completely irrelevant because we're discussing the characters ages not the actors. In real life Rena Sofer could in no way be the guy who plays Wyatt's mother but we aren't talking about Rena's age we're talking Quinn's age and likewise for Ridge and Caroline.

I am talking about SORASing. Take Michael from GH for example, he was barely 10 in 2008. He was involved in mob violence and end up in a coma for a year. Then he came back as a young adult. Not to mention hook up with a stripper who was in her early 30s one years after (Technically he was 12 at the time without rapid aging). They accelerated the age of many characters over the years. This is why soap hardly mention characters age because it is all messed up and people hardly take the age thing seriously. This is one of the reasons why I am not bothered by the age difference between Caroline and Ridge. 

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 4

I used to want Quinn and Liam to have screen-melting hate sex. Now it would feel like Godzilla having sex with an amoeba.

Quinn would immolate Liam. There would be nothing left but ash.

Which reminds me -- Bambi Meets Godzilla

funny-gifs-Bambi-meets-Godzilla.gif

I mean, I've always known Liam was like a human weathervane, turning whichever way the wind blows, but hearing that he gets told truths about himself and views them as threats...meh. I don't know why that's a bridge too far for me, but damn. I'd ask if Liam has reached peak pathetic, but I know the writers can rise to that challenge. Soon we'll have scenes of Steffy cutting up his pancakes for him and Bill burping him after a round of organic beers.

Liam is an empty vessel; There's no there there (A thousand apologies Gertrude). His affections and loyalties are shallow and vacillating. He occasionally has second thoughts, but only in hindsight. His romantic history should give women pause, yet they seem challenged to land the Spencer name. He's not charming, handsome, highly-skilled, brilliant, gallant, generous, well-groomed or well-dressed, and has no spine or opinion not vetted by his puppet masters ...

Their egos would displace all the oxygen in the room and they would pass out from hypoxia ... Not a bad thing.

Ya gotta wonder how Ridge is able to walk or sit down with Brooke so far up his rear end.

After all these years Ridge is totally acclimated to having Brooke up his pooper. It's second nature for both of them.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 18

I am so not concerned about ages of characters or actors--hate that TK looks like he is hanging out with Nick Newman in the vat o'bacon grease and sporting the same unkempt look that is just really awful---WHY? I don't remember him looking like that on other shows although I know many hated his long hair when he played Patrick on OLTL---

I am still not watching and just reading here and I still loathe Thomas the tinytall puncher with the fire of a thousand suns which is a hatred I used to reserve for the tiny mobster back when I still watched GH

There are no words for the revolting mess that is Steffy/Liam either 

• Love 8

Favorite scene of the day: After Wyatt blasted Liam out of the water for his shabby treatment of Ivy. Liam stood there with his mouth hanging open and immediately turned everything back on to HIM. "Save me from big bad Quinn." (Protecting ALL of them, my ass!)

• Love 13

I am talking about SORASing. Take Michael from GH for example, he was barely 10 in 2008. He was involved in mob violence and end up in a coma for a year. Then he came back as a young adult. Not to mention hook up with a stripper who was in her early 30s one years after (Technically he was 12 at the time without rapid aging). They accelerated the age of many characters over the years. This is why soap hardly mention characters age because it is all messed up and people hardly take the age thing seriously. This is one of the reasons why I am not bothered by the age difference between Caroline and Ridge.

But Caroline wasn't SORAS'd nor was Ridge, they've always been the ages they are.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

SORASing and deSORASING happens all the time on soaps. Children gets SORASed but the parents stay the same age.

It doesn't even matter if they mention an age on a soap because everyone will believe whatever they want anyway. They'll either call BS because of said character's past or they'll go with it. They just mentioned on GH a few weeks ago that Sonny Corinthos is a 40-something male! Did it make his pairing with Emily 10 years ago less icky? No.

If we go strictly by the history of the show. Ridge would be around 70, Brooke 60 (she's supposed to be 10 years younger than Ridge) and Eric would be pushing 90. Rick, who was out of college when Hope was born, would be around 45.

None of these characters look those ages and I prefer to go by what I see. :)

• Love 7

I loved Quinn reading Liam for filth (Liam having no attachments to anyone else was spot on with that twerp), and it was so threatening he had to go to warn Wyatt she was forging another sword ... all the better to run you through with.

Liam is $Bill's Number One Son because he's a Meat Puppet.

I will forever be haunted by that meat puppet image. So much so that I removed the image from my reply. :)

I like truth-telling, less crazy Quinn. I was disappointed to see her make snarky comments about Deacon's spending. I like that Deacon is good for Quinn. I don't like him being portrayed as a bum. I thought we'd moved on from that.

BB used to be the first thing I fired up on the PVR. I'm only one day behind but I know that it's a slippery slope. These boards keep me tuned in so thanks to you.

• Love 7

More good work by Thorsten and Pierson. I am beginning to think I may have sold Pierson short; maybe he was nervous, or had to get warmed up, or get the lay of the land, but he has certainly been bringing it these past few episodes. I am totally buying him as the entitled, spoiled, rich kid, and he is doing a much better job of it than Jacob Young ever has. Jacob's Rick comes off as a sniveling, whining, mama's boy, while Pierson's Thomas is much darker, with layers of anger and resentment, and underpinnings of menace. The guy might as well have AGENDA stamped across his forehead. At the same time however, he was lacing pain and hurt and maybe even a little bit of regret into his acting. I really have to give him serious props. And Thorsten? Dear Lord how I love this man! I kept trying to imagine Ronn Moss in those scenes, and all I could see was Ridge's face after he found out Phoebe died. He was trying to show his anguish over losing his daughter, but it actually looked like he was in a smell the fart contest. Thorsten is an actor who works a lot with his eyes and his mannerisms, and he was definitely doing that here, but he also brought new inflections to his voice, nuances of pain and confusion and hurt. Such good work by both of these actors. 

Go on Quinn stick him! Oh, how I am loving Quinn these days. Will she heed Deacon's advise and start working Liam from another angle? Boy howdy, I hope so. If Liam is scared of her now, I can only imagine how dumbfounded he would be if she turns the tables and is all nicey, nicey. Not that she was mean with him, her words may have been harsh, but he overreacted by running to Wyatt for help. And Ivy! You go girl; get your snark on! I love how she just slapped Liam's concerns around like the hot air they are. Then there is Liam, who, after recovering his senses, and re-attaching his jaw, tried to be a playa with Ivy, with his whispered "you know I didn't want things to turn out like this". Really bucko? Then maybe you shouldn't have led Ivy on. Then maybe you shouldn't have told Ivy you loved her. Oh, but now that he needs Ivy and Wyatt's help he is just so sorry about it all. Hey Liam, why don't you go have a piece of freshly baked "I'm a Tool" pie and serve it with a tall glass of STFU. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 18

If we go strictly by the history of the show. Ridge would be around 70, Brooke 60 (she's supposed to be 10 years younger than Ridge) and Eric would be pushing 90. Rick, who was out of college when Hope was born, would be around 45.

None of these characters look those ages and I prefer to go by what I see. :)

This, exactly!

I think one of the reasons Brooke & the TK version of Ridge never worked for me is that she looks older than he does (and KKL actually is older than TK). Not that KKL looks bad--far from it! But they just don't "line up" somehow. A big part of it could be her kindergarten teacher voice. He's got that fantastic, super-masculine, gravelly voice, and then she's talking to him like she's his mommy or something. She talks down to him, and it doesn't work at all opposite his character. I know she had that same voice with Ronnnnn Moss, but somehow, it wasn't as jarring between the two of them. Don't get me wrong--I wasn't a fan of those two, either. Whenever they started pawing at each other, I got that ick factor of watching somebody's parents getting frisky.

• Love 8

I like truth-telling, less crazy Quinn. I was disappointed to see her make snarky comments about Deacon's spending. I like that Deacon is good for Quinn. I don't like him being portrayed as a bum. I thought we'd moved on from that.

I'm tired of the job comments.  If nothing is gong to come of it then let it go.  

I'm more irritated by some of Quinn's comments to Deacon.  I thought her "another reason" to Deacon when he said she never would have met him was pretty nasty.  I know Deacon isn't a prize but Quinn sure the hell isn't either.   

I also would love it if they could find something else for Deacon than having the same conversation with Quinn that they had when Hope was still around.

• Love 3

I took it as Thomas saying half Thomas's age but in retrospect, he actually mention Ridge.

• Love 2

The actor playing Thomas is pretty good, but I can't unsee his resemblance to an ewok.  Of course he's much taller, but still.  It's those shiny, round eyes or something. 

Anyway, I'm glad Caroline told Ridge what happened that night.  I wish she'd get some therapy and stop trying to take responsibility for something that wasn't her fault.  Pills or no pills, Thomas knew what he was doing was wrong.

• Love 9

I am enjoying the actor playing Thomas too.  Nice to look at, a far better actor than the last one and not annoying like the one before.  My money is on Thomas being gay though and this is his ruse to conceal it.  Word of a kiss to Nicole would surely get around quickly.  I doubt he banged Caroline, she has no recollection of it and that would certainly cement his heterosexuality.  And I'll bet he is working with the intern Charlotte.  Maybe she has a similar issue.

• Love 4

I hate to use the word "awesome" but...today's show was exactly that. The scenes with Ridge & Caroline were riveting! So emotional and raw and real. LOVE them! Cannot wait 'til Monday's show...

Seeing how those two played off each other today reminded me, conversely, of when Ronnnn Moss was playing opposite Linsey Godfrey and he was getting all choked up at her neck tattoo. LOL! What a universe of difference between these two couples!

I agree that Creepy Jude Law has stepped up his game in the acting department, and that he's miles better than the Block of Wood version of Thomas, previously, and the Addams Family Thomas before Block of Wood. I also agree that he probably never had sex with Caroline.

When Liam told Ivy that he wished things hadn't ended up this way, I wish she'd said something to the tune of "your actions speak louder than your words." I'll never buy that Steffy is his TWU WUV. She was always the place-holder when things with him were Hope-less, and he already turned her down once for Ivy.

Quinn would immolate Liam. There would be nothing left but ash.

Completely agree, but also: This is how I feel about Steffy. How is she not chewing him up and spitting him out? She's such a ball-buster and she walks across a room like a trucker on steroids. Geez, the sheer weight of her hair alone should be crushing the hell out of him!

Edited by Shira
  • Love 12

TK and LG, one hell of a duo!  So raw, real and intense with the Caridge scenes. But realistic in that two people who love each other the way they do blamed themselves and take responsibility. It reminds me why I can not bear the sight of that tiny mobster.  

Did Peewee Herman with skinny pants showed regret that he took advantage of someone who is like a sister to him? Or he silently admit that he lied to her about the Nite (I still doubt it happens)? 

when Ronnnn Moss was playing opposite Linsey Godfrey and he was getting all choked up at her neck tattoo.

I've seen the clip of that scene. Lamo can you imagine Ronn Moss's Ridge with Caroline?

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 4

Jacob's Rick comes off as a sniveling, whining, mama's boy, while Pierson's Thomas is much darker, with layers of anger and resentment, and underpinnings of menace.

This is helped by the fact that one guy is 4 feet tall and the other is 8 feet tall. ;)

Did they do something to Wyatt's hair today ?  It looked less chicken-like. 

One thing this show has taught me is that "ick" is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Love 5

TK and LG, one hell of a duo!  So raw, real and intense with the Caridge scenes. But realistic in that two people who love each other the way they do blamed themselves and take responsibility. It reminds me why I can not bear the sight of that tiny mobster.  

Did Peewee Herman with skinny pants showed regret that he took advantage of someone who is like a sister to him? Or he silently admit that he lied to her about the Nite (I still doubt it happens)? 

I've seen the clip of that scene. Lamo can you imagine Ronn Moss's Ridge with Caroline?

Watching Caroline and Ridge today was awesome. They each owned their wrongs and didn't blame the other. Please don't fuck them up, powers that be!

I thought thomas was showing more than regret when he was remembering his night with Caroline. Her face was clearly miserable as all fuck and she's just laying there like a corpse. He knows what he did was wrong. And as one of the top "executives" he definitely shouldn't be schtooping the help, especially interns. Also, enough of the neglected child routine. One minute he's all, I'm a grown man and can do what I want and the next it's Boo, hop! You neglected me my entire childhood for the ladies. Yuck! And it's a lie. That said, he has upped his game in the acting department.

Fast forwarded through Wyatt and Ivy and thanked God there was no whiny Brooke. 

• Love 7

I'm really liking Wyvy. It's nice that Ivy recognizes she dodged a bullet with Liam and that Wyatt is the more loyal and "skillful" brother. If Hope did waltz back into town, I really don't believe Wyatt would give her a second glance. For him, that ship has sailed, so Ivy can rest easy. Liam, on the other hand...

• Love 12