Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

It speaks to how much I dislike Thomas that I'm totally fine with this new development.  Go ahead and keep that kid secret.  Of course it helps that one of my favorite TK story lines was Zach being a father to Kendall's baby with Ryan.  TK will sell the hell out of Ridge's bond with Caroline and her baby. 

• Love 10

This is really random, but I was curious - how is Thorsten Kaye being received as Ridge? I saw a promo for him and he just still seems such a weird choice for the part.

I'm a relatively recent B&B viewer, in that I never saw RM in the role, so I am fine with it. (Loved TK as Ian and Zach, so that helps.)  The long-time viewers seem to fall into 2 camps - the first hate him in the role (although some only because he seems miscast) and others who are okay with it when TK shaves and has been to the gym recently.  :-) 

While I have no strong feelings about TK's casting as Ridge, I do think it's weird that TPTB went there with him, because he has no chemistry at all with KKL/Brooke. 

• Love 1

I'm a relatively recent B&B viewer, in that I never saw RM in the role, so I am fine with it. (Loved TK as Ian and Zach, so that helps.)  The long-time viewers seem to fall into 2 camps - the first hate him in the role (although some only because he seems miscast) and others who are okay with it when TK shaves and has been to the gym recently.  :-) 

While I have no strong feelings about TK's casting as Ridge, I do think it's weird that TPTB went there with him, because he has no chemistry at all with KKL/Brooke. 

thanks.

• Love 1

They each owned their wrongs and didn't blame the other.

Joimiaroxeu quote

They didn't but I'm still putting most of the blame on Ridge. If he'd just been completely open with Caroline about his vasectomy the whole mess with Thomas probably wouldn't have happened. Poor Caroline. Seems like every time she turns around she's getting fcuked over--literally and figuratively--by a Forrester man.

I'm not going to tell the cockeyed optimist in CaRidge-shipper's pants what to think, but ... Caroline is easier to make than a peanut butter sandwich when it comes to Forrester dick, and Ridge has never let the marital status or facts get in the way of taking up with and fucking the female he wanted. 

Ridge and Caroline, jointly and separately, maintained a level of deception in their relationship that is responsible for the situation they find in their marriage now.

Ridge not telling Caroline he had no desire for more children and had a vasectomy in Paris, while she was waxing rainbows and unicorns over Ridge responding positively to her baby rabies before the wedding, then grudgingly telling her he was shooting blanks after he was tested rests entirely on his delusion of the sort of man he imagines himself to be. Ridge is not a heroic figure, cut from moral resolve and artistic glory. Ridge is a faded lothario, thin-skinned, weak and vain, acting for another only when cornered. He can whip himself into a froth over Thomas raping and (possibly) impregnating the incapacitated Caroline on Rape Night, but the past sins and lack of boundaries in the father are being reimagined in Thomas.

Caroline might have imagined herself Ridge's saving grace/artistic muse (not by that painting -- Aack!), but she is as faithless and weak as Ridge. Caroline could no more make Ridge Forrester's path straight with her love than she could straighten her own. Sadly, they are weak and broken in the same places and are unable to heal the other ... Caroline slashed, burned and lied to get Rick. She lied to Rick about Ridge's artistic brain fart, falls in love with a man who knows no boundaries with female family members, and then begs to reconcile with a Hail Mary Pass baby with Rick to eventually blow up her marriage not being able to let go of Ridge. She shacks up with Ridge diving deeper into his quest for personal and artistic freedom, while the baby rabies started eating her brain. Divorced, Caroline is faced by by past failures, bucket lists, family scenarios, weddings and baby buggies, driving her desire for Happy Ridge Forrester Family and our baby in my arms to new heights, and never senses the danger in Thomas attempting to undercut Ridge and her relationship. Ridge proposes, but reneges. Caroline goes off the deep end and Thomas steps in to prove himself her true hero on Rape Night. After that merry mixup, Ridge changes his mind again and a whirlwind self-administered marriage takes place in Malibu. Caroline repeatedly promises herself and Thomas to keep Rape Night secret until she finds out she's pregative and Ridge tells he he's sterile. What's a girl to do? When in doubt, gasp, sniffle and tell the truth.

Thomas, yet another child left behind by Ridge Forrester: I see Thomas and Ridge's relationship as a cautionary tale that illustrates the importance of accountability as an antidote for familial idiocy and excess. Thomas returned to L.A. with a mission; to win back Caroline and design for FC. For the most part, with a little elbow grease and a skewed point of view, he got both. He promoted himself as Caroline's trusted friendbuddypal, someone she could confide in and he would keep those confidences, specifically from Ridge. Thomas uses his undeveloped design skills and tense relationship with Ridge to stay close enough to sniff Caroline's hair, all the while insinuating his biased opinions into their intimate life. Caroline continues to perform peacemaker/ instructor/ defender/ friend between Thomas and Ridge, all the while Thomas's predatory entitlement and self-importance grows with Caroline's positive input with his design progress. After being told Ridge and Caroline are 4Evah! he calls her for help and she's weeping alone in a hotel room -- Ridge broke up with her. Thomas runs to her side. She cries over Ridge, drinking a couple of bottles of wine with Thomas until she can't hold her head up any longer. He's not aware she took antianxiety meds before the wine, but justifies demonstrating his true devotion by raping her. Thomas is good enough to spin the whole incident and downgrade the rape to a misunderstanding -- I'm not that kind of guy/ our secret will go to my grave -- manipulating and working on Caroline's guilt hard enough to have your mangy self resettled comfortably in the Friendship Zone, and Ridge is none the wiser after the Malibu wedding. You have a gift for misplaced attitudes, self-justification, and a real gift for reckless social behavior, but there must be more damage you can do with moments of Rape Night Fantasy and regret dancing in your skull.

So many lessons learned too late by father, son and their inamorata.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 18

Caroline might have imagined herself Ridge's saving grace/artistic muse (not by that painting -- Aack!), but she is as faithless and weak as Ridge. Caroline could no more make Ridge Forrester's path straight with her love than she could straighten her own. Sadly, they are weak and broken in the same places and are unable to heal the other

As a "cockeyed optimist" - ouch!  :-)   I don't even disagree with most of it, but considering how badly they started out and considering the painful honesty we've seen lately, maybe there is hope that they both can become better people in this relationship. 

• Love 9

Does Caroline have a screw loose or is she just that thick to wanting to tell Thomas about the baby? Ridge just told her, once again, that it was not about her and it was all about getting back at him. In no way is he blaming her but himself. Now Caroline wants Ridge to suffer the ultimate humiliation by letting the whole world know that she is carrying Thomas' baby. Thank god the abortion issue lasted just a few seconds and now Ridge is very willing to love and raise the baby as his own. What more could Caroline want or should want. When they find out Caroline is pregnant, Brooke is going to have one of her eye squinting judge mental attitudes and Ridge is going to have to come up with a cover story. I hope it's plausible. I don't go that far back with B&B and can't give a crap about Ridge in the past or most of the other past history of the comings and goings of the Foresters, Logans and Spencers. I care about the hear and now and their actions and interactions in the present. Some have grown, others wither because they wallow in the past, and some stay the same because it's part of their makeup. Waffle anyone?

Eric is a limp noodle. I have no say in FC only when it's convenient for him. I'm sure that if Steffy fires Rick, he would have plenty to say and not just send Rick flowers.

As an aside, the girl that plays Charlotte is Suzanne Somers' granddaughter.

• Love 10

Ridge and Caroline, jointly and separately, maintained a level of deception in their relationship that is responsible for the situation they find in their marriage now.

And now they have gone to the next level of lying - now its about a kid. They have both decided to play god with this kid.  That should work out well for them.  Nevermind the fact that Ridge has been confiding in Brooke.  T minus....

• Love 5

Buddhist said the secret is not to live in the past, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. That's also my motto for shipping tv couples.  If I focus on blasting characters for their past history then I would miss so many awesome couples.  Like Waldo13, I don't follow B&B far back so I care about their behaviors, actions and interactions in the present.  Yes Caridge didn't start out from a good place but who did on soap? As far as I know, Luke and Laura started out from Stockholm Syndrome (eww); John and Marlena started out from cheating; Duke and Anna started out with secret, lies and cat and mouse game; Danny and Michelle started out from revenge.

What I think most important for a couple is not impossibility of perfection or flawlessness but their journey - a path to wholeness. This is what I've been seeing with Caroline/Ridge.  So I don't give a wooden nickel about being a cockeyed optimist. Because good things are always worth the effort.

I think there will be a great twist behind Caroline's pregnancy that Ridge will turn out to be the father.  Days did similar things with Hope's pregnancy in 2000. She thought John and her affair result in this baby which later turned out be Bo's. 

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 9

Thank you, Cupid Stunt. I think that was a brilliant summation of what's happened.

Thank god the abortion issue lasted just a few seconds

I'm surprised it lasted that long. No mainstream, daytime soap is going to have a character get an abortion under any circumstances. The network would get boycotted, picketed, or worse.

When they find out Caroline is pregnant, Brooke is going to have one of her eye squinting judge mental attitudes and Ridge is going to have to come up with a cover story. I hope it's plausible.

Yeah I'm looking forward to Brooke going all squinty-eyed over the news too. If she tries to climb up Ridge's butt about it he should just remind her that miracles sometimes happen. I'm also on the "it'll turn out to be Ridge's kid" train. That will be Ridge's reward for being a stand-up guy and not drop-kicking Caroline to the curb. And not killing Thomas. All bets are off though when/if Brooke finds out what happened between Thomas and Caroline. I have a feeling Thomas will spill the beans because he'll be suspicious about the baby's paternity.

• Love 3

Wow, this storyline is SO predictable--pretty much everybody everywhere was guessing that Caroline would be pregnant and Thomas would be the dad, but Ridge would stick by her if they kept it a secret. I have little doubt that the baby is going to turn out to be Ridge's. Even if he's shooting blanks, as long as he had one lone horse in the race that could straggle its way to the finish line, there's still that chance. And of course, that will further cement their storybook DESTINY to be together. (Poor Brooke, no longer the DESTINY girl!)  But here's the thing: The acting is FAR outweighing the predictability of the storyline and making it must-see TV. TK and LG are rocking it so hard! It's hard to believe this is the same actress who went through that whole giggly, selfie, Twitter follower stage, where she was solely comic relief for the other characters on canvas. And TK is more than proving himself worthy of the gravitas necessary for the role. I haven't seen acting on this level since Nick confronted Bridget, Owen, and Jackie. (And I never knew Jack Warner had it in him until then--I was blown away by his "portrayal of betrayal.") So yep, I'm in--hook, line and sinker.

Re: Ridge's history. I still think Brad Bell is sticking it to Ronnnnn Moss by not even bothering to mention much of Ridge's shady past, and painting him instead as a better man. I think Bell has chosen to wipe the slate clean and do whatever he wants with the character. I wasn't watching from the start, but I was no fan of Ronnnnnn Moss's Ridge, except for the unintentional comedy and Talk Soup appearances. I know it bugs longtime viewers for the lack of continuity, but for me, I'm "whatevering" it, much the way Brad Bell seems to be doing! I just don't care that it's a "new and improved Ridge Forrester", because the much higher level of acting ability--never mind the hotness factor, which is scorching for me--makes it worth "whatevering." Yes, I know mileage greatly varies on this point! :)

• Love 16

Brooke is going to continue to stick her nose in and raise suspicions and Ridge hasn't even crossed that bridge yet!  Of course the baby will end up being Ridge's but not until lives are destroyed.  It looked like Caroline had been crying since yesterday's show her nose was so red!  LOL  I have a feeling LG is drawing on her recent emotional experience with her real life ex to capture so much emotion.  

• Love 9

I am enjoying the scenes of Ridge and Caroline. It is the best acting going on the soap right now IMO. I'm curious to see what they will do with this story. Common sense tells me it will blow up big time But for now I am just going to sit back and enjoy. I'm trying not to overthink it too much.

I have only been watching this soap for around 1 1/2 years. I appreciate that many of you are long term fans and I understand where you are coming from cause I have that type of history with Y&R and holy moly that soap is off the rails. And now I have to shut up cause I am going off topic.

• Love 8

The acting from TK, LG, and even PF has been great the past few days, but I still couldn't care less about this couple. The storyline is moving too quickly, the angst seems unearned, and I'm just completely uninvested in the outcome.

I mean, is there anyone who hasn't guessed where this was going, and doesn't see where it's going next? They didn't have TKRidge spill the vasectomy beans to Brooke for no damn reason.

• Love 8
I'm surprised it lasted that long. No mainstream, daytime soap is going to have a character get an abortion under any circumstances. The network would get boycotted, picketed, or worse.

Soaps have done it.  The one that springs to mind first (in modern soap times) is Lulu on GH, who had one in 2006 (I think that was the year).  

It would have made zero soap sense to go for an abortion in this particular story, though.  They get more mileage out of Caroline believing the baby belongs to Thomas but raising him/her with Ridge.  It would have been absurd to not have the character at least contemplate it, given the circumstances, but this was just never set up to be that story.  

• Love 5
Soaps have done it.  The one that springs to mind first (in modern soap times) is Lulu on GH, who had one in 2006 (I think that was the year). 

The online version of AMC had one in 2013, and of course Erica Kane had the first one on a soap opera (and allegedly TV history). However, I doubt any of the network soaps have had one since 2006. The political winds have changed quite a bit since then.

It would have made zero soap sense to go for an abortion in this particular story, though.

ICAM. I was only expressing surprise that the writers even gave lip service to the idea. What's the point if they know they'll never go there?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

No matter if it's Thomas' baby or Ridge's miracle baby, I'm going to go on the assumption that Caroline unfortunately will have a miscarriage. It's par for the course as it was with Steffy and Hope.

• Love 2

It would be really sad if all we have on the soaps are bitches.  Haven't we seen enough cat-fight, hair pulling, verbal abuse, mud-fight, revenge sex, random sleeping arrangement already? Totally predictable and unintelligent!  

There is a theory that sometimes it is emotionally difficult for someone who had been rape or taken advantage to handle the truth.  Probably it's easier to make yourself believe that you did something self-destructive than to admit you have been violated. It is even more difficult for Caroline to believe she had been violated by someone who she thought of as a brother. Not to mention this someone might be the father of her child.

LG and TK remind me of Maurice Benard/Vanessa Marcil, Ian Buchanan/Finola Hughes, Paul Anthony Stewart/Bethany Joy Lenz and others from blast of the past - a time when people skipped class to watch their favorite soaps and couples.  

OMG! I LIVED for Paul Anthony Stewart/Bethnay Joy Lenz on GL back in the day! 

• Love 3

The online version of AMC had one in 2013, and of course Erica Kane had the first one on a soap opera (and allegedly TV history). However, I doubt any of the network soaps have had one since 2006. The political winds have changed quite a bit since then.

ICAM. I was only expressing surprise that the writers even gave lip service to the idea. What's the point if they know they'll never go there?

I think it's a situation where it was called for for it to be a possibility.  She was in a precarious situation - she believes the baby she's pregnant with is the result of a night where she was out of it and her now stepson took advantage of her.  I think it had to be mentioned, even though we knew it wasn't going to fully go there. 

I apologize to all the cockeyed optimists, jaded Lido Deck Craps Table cheerleaders and assorted Not Watchin' This Shit No Mo' Dentini drinkers (that's a very dry vodka martini with a stick of Dentyne chewing gum skewered on a ruffled cocktail pick -- Intoxicating and fresh breath!).

I took some cheap shots at what I consider the Soap equivalent of a tire fire at a Superfund site.

kuwaitfire.jpg

Many people think their favorite actor is brilliant pushing a bean with their nose across the set of Guerrilla Performance Playhouse. Thankfully. mileage varies.

I'm furious with TIIC of Bn'B.

• Love 4

No matter if it's Thomas' baby or Ridge's miracle baby, I'm going to go on the assumption that Caroline unfortunately will have a miscarriage. It's par for the course as it was with Steffy and Hope.

i fear the way TPTB are stuffing this couple down our throats that she will have the baby. 

• Love 5

If they do the usual DNA test, would they be able to identify paternity within the 99.8% accuracy, especially if the DNA is father and son? I've seen other shows where paternity could not be positively established because the persons in question were either brothers or father/son.

• Love 1

Well, since Stephanie is dead, I suppose that TIIC could have Hunter Tylo do a drive-by to have Taylor contribute her saliva or something. (I think that back when they did the Ridge vs. Eric paternity test on Bridget, that they had to get a DNA sample from Stephanie.)

A more interesting twist would be to bring back Massimo Marone. If nothing else, to rub it in that bitch Steffy's face that she is not a Forrester.

• Love 5

OMG! I LIVED for Paul Anthony Stewart/Bethnay Joy Lenz on GL back in the day! 

Yeah carolinagirl and siouxbee39 They are so memorable!

Someone said LG is drawing on her recent emotional experience. Actually she tweeted that she didn't prepare for those scenes, TK just really affected her.

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 3

Thank god the abortion issue lasted just a few seconds and now Ridge is very willing to love and raise the baby as his own.

Between raising Rick as a son, Bridget's paternity, the circumstances around Hope's conception and assuming RJ was Nick's for that entire pregnancy, this doesn't strike me as a new development for Ridge.

He may get well deserved flack for the way he treated the women in his life, but I'll give him credit for not going Neil Winters on Thomas's ass yet.

• Love 4

IMO RAPE was never the issue in this case.  In soap land there is always grief sex and this is what happened between Caroline and Thomas. Break up with someone? Have sex with someone else to get over it. Your spouse died? Fuck someone else to get over it.  Classic soap opera staple. Pills and being drunk has nothing to do with anything. The end result is the same. Thomas is not a rapist and Caroline was not RAPED. Taken advantage of? Yes. Happens in soap land all ethe time…/end rant
Never knew Ronnnn Moss’s Ridge, but TK Ridge is being an asshole here. Who is he to tell Caroline not to let Thomas know he is the father? Asshole much? That is not your baby fool. And from what I’ve read on this board, this is karma for Ridge.
So Eric is going to talk to Puffy about getting Ivy’s job back, but still doesn’t know the real reason Ivy was fired? Old fool correctly describes him…
Maya (The Matriarch) needs to kick his old ass out for being a fool, J/K

• Love 6

...considering the painful honesty we've seen lately, maybe there is hope that they both can become better people in this relationship. 

Sadly, every last bit of that painful honesty was just wiped out with Ridge's decree to Caroline not to tell Thomas about the baby.  The level of self-righteousness and hypocrisy here is mind boggling.

Ridge just told her, once again, that it was not about her and it was all about getting back at him.

The thing is...it wasn't.  Thomas has had a thing for Caroline since the minute he returned. That's why he went to Caroline's hotel room.  It had nothing to do with Ridge, contrary to Ridge's Ridgecentric view of the world.

• Love 8

Sadly, every last bit of that painful honesty was just wiped out with Ridge's decree to Caroline not to tell Thomas about the baby.  The level of self-righteousness and hypocrisy here is mind boggling.

--

The thing is...it wasn't.  Thomas has had a thing for Caroline since the minute he returned. That's why he went to Caroline's hotel room.  It had nothing to do with Ridge, contrary to Ridge's Ridgecentric view of the world.

I am usually a day or two behind, so I haven't seen this yet but - and I know this might not be a popular view - I don't care about rapists getting paternal rights.      

I do agree that Thomas had a thing for Caroline, but there have been some writing choices that indicate sticking it to Ridge (sorry for the choice of words here) was a bonus.  (I'm thinking of some of the things that Thomas has said to Steffy and Brooke.) 

• Love 8

So many insightful and dissenting comments here! 

As for me, well, I loved TK on AMC, OLTL, and even Port Charles.  He's a terrific actor.  LG is also surprising me as a strong actor who is able to convey emotion and heartbreak with a single look.  No question - they are both bringing it.  But I still don't know how I feel about Ridge and Caroline as a couple.  Luckily I don't have a problem with ambivalence and neutrality.

Perhaps I'm also distracted with anger and bitterness over the rival fashion house being a cruel tease.  I don't want to watch Ivy and Wyatt beg to get her job back at FC.  I want them, Quinn and Deacon to give FC a run for its money.  Surely the tiny sets that made up Nick and Jackie's old fashion house are in storage somewhere?  Stupid Brad Bell.

Also, with Cupid Stunt's post in mind, doesn't Caroline know by way of Thomas that Steffy clobbered Ally with a tire iron; that Ivy videoed the whole thing and was blackmailing Steffy for job security (or grief, depending on one's perspective); and that Ivy was fired once the video was destroyed?  And further, didn't Caroline agree to keep all this from Ridge as a show of solidarity for Thomas?

• Love 6

Ridge just proved again what a spectacular asshole he is, not to mention a terrible father.  He is planning on stealing someone else's kid, which is bad enough, but he's actually stealing his own kid's kid.  And it's all because he has a bruised ego.  Gross.  Not to mention, he is veering into emotionally abusive territory, what with ordering his Child Bride around and telling her how things are going to be.  Because I guess she doesn't get a say in what happens with her own child.

I don't like Thomas at all, but Ridge is just so repellant that I automatically root for him to lose every time.  When the truth eventually comes out I wonder if Thomas will give his Forrestor shares to Rick/Eric, and then Rick will be back in control and oust Steffy/Ridge from power and give Thomas a promotion?  (Or maybe not necessarily even give/sell them, but just agree to vote against Steffy/Ridge).

• Love 9

So Eric is going to talk to Puffy about getting Ivy’s job back, but still doesn’t know the real reason Ivy was fired? Old fool

correctly describes him…

Maya (The Matriarch) needs to kick his old ass out for being a fool, J/K

When did Ivy get so stupid? She thinks if she tells Eric half the Ally story that Steffy will have to rehire her because otherwise Steffy will have to admit to Eric that she's a murderuh? Even if this cockamamie plan works, does Ivy not realize queen bitch will make it her mission in life to make Ivy as miserable as humanly possible?

Now that you mention Maya, I really wish Maya and Rick had done their mean act with Steffy. I'd love to have seen Steffy fetch them ice cream...and if they spilled some on the floor make Steffy wipe it up with her hair!

• Love 5

I find myself feeling ambivalent about this new development with Ridge and Caroline. Is it wrong to deny Thomas knowledge of his child? Yes, of course, but at the same time I get it. And I completely understand why Ridge would see Thomas's actions as an attack against him. Ridge had just come from a heated exchange with his son, an exchange that led to many hurtful accusations on both parts, and escalated to physical violence with Thomas punching his father. All I have to work with is what they have shown me, and since his return from Paris Thomas has been argumentative and nasty to his father, not the loving son I remember. So that tells me one of two things are going on here; more happened in Paris than we know about. Maybe Thomas got himself into a mess that Ridge had to clean up and keep quiet? The other option is revisionist writing. Given how the B&B likes to rewrite history, I am kind of leaning in that direction. Whatever the reason though, Thomas came back to LA with a massive chip on his shoulder, and has clearly been gunning for a fight with his dad. I think he saw his opportunity to hit Ridge where it hurts and took it; the fact that he didn't use protection makes me believe that even more. So, yeah, it is wrong keeping this from Thomas, but frankly, I would have to give a fuck about the character for that to matter to me, but my Give A Fuck Meter has run out of tickets for Thomas. The last ticket I had was when he came to Caroline's hotel room as a "friend", but that ticket's expiration date was the next morning when all Thomas cared about was his own sorry ass, and he didn't give a flying fig about Caroline's distress. Ridge may have had his playboy days, but he was a "good" playboy all the same. He never set out to hurt anyone; he just wanted to have fun like any good looking, rich, elitist son would do. On the other hand, I see Thomas as a predator, who has been lurking around looking for his shot; never expecting it to just drop right into his lap. 

Thorsten Kaye is the bomb! Watching him trying to process this was magic; I felt like I could actually see the wheels turning in his head. The fact that he looked sooooo damn sexy in that black suit and shirt, with that rough growth on his face and his messy mop of hair; didn't hurt matters for this viewer. And Linsey Godfrey can show distress and pain with one tortured look. I am amazed at how these two compliment and bring out the best in each other. They make me want to root for them, even if they are making a shady decision. Of course, at the end of the day, the baby will be Ridge's, but as said up thread, not until lives are destroyed. 

The loose cannon in all of this is Brooke; fan or not, that scares the hell out of me. As far as I am concerned, this is Ridge and Caroline's miracle baby. Brooke got hers with RJ, and now could care less to even see her son. So, just like Tom Petty said, "Brooke don't come around here no more". 

I give Ivy props for not throwing Steffy right under the bus. If she had wanted to, she could have painted Steffy in the worst light to her grandfather. I guess in some ways she was being self serving, because she would have had to confess about blackmailing Steffy with the video. But I absolutely believe Steffy has much more to answer for. No, she didn't hurt Ally intentionally, but she certainly has intentionally withheld the truth from her family, and most importantly, Ally's father and her uncle. The way I see it, both of these girls can play it off, and can come up with plausible explanations. Does that make either of them right? Absolutely not, but it certainly evens the playing field. I am anxious to see Steffy's reaction, and if she will trip herself up not knowing exactly what Ivy divulged. I have no doubt that Eric would forgive his granddaughter, he is a sap after all, who has historically overlooked all his womenfolks transgressions. Eric will probably say both girls behaved badly, call it day, ask them to shake on it, and go back to the guest house and have more martinis. 

• Love 14
Ridge just proved again what a spectacular asshole he is, not to mention a terrible father.  He is planning on stealing someone else's kid, which is bad enough, but he's actually stealing his own kid's kid.  And it's all because he has a bruised ego.  Gross.  Not to mention, he is veering into emotionally abusive territory, what with ordering his Child Bride around and telling her how things are going to be.  Because I guess she doesn't get a say in what happens with her own child.

This. Ridge is disgusting. Even if the baby turns out to be his, he's still a terrible human being for even attempting this. I'm so here for Investigative Brooke. She needs to come through and obliterate everyone involved in this sad plot. 

• Love 9

Ridge may have had his playboy days, but he was a "good" playboy all the same. He never set out to hurt anyone; he just wanted to have fun like any good looking, rich, elitist son would do.

Ridge has continually chased after women that were either married to or dating his dad and both his brothers and he never seemed to give it a second thought.  It was only a year ago he was creeping on the Child Bride, who was married to Rick, because he had the fashion designer equivalent of erectile disfunction and she was his barely legal viagra.  He has also raped two women, so he's currently twice the sexual predator that Thomas is.

I pretty much see Thomas as Ridge 2.0 because they are exactly the same person.  Thomas seems to have taken in everything Ridge has done and used it as a model for how to be a terrible human being.  And Ridge now throwing a hissy fit about a) his son creeping on his wife; and b) Thomas sleeping with an incapacitated woman, is the height of hypocrisy.  Ridge is definitely getting hit with the karma stick right now.

• Love 12

Aggreed with RuntheTable

I've asked someone about the history between Ridge and Thomas since she hangs out with long-time viewers (some of them are Taylor/Ridge fans). Based on what I've heard they always got along very well in the past.

Also, it is never ok to punch your father unless in self-defence. By the way whining and complaining about your so-called terrible childhood is not self-defence. 

From what I've heard about the history of B&B, it was campiness at finest, resorted to cliches or clumsy storytelling, "bad beans" characters and theatrical performance. Based on what I've heard, cheating, deception, manipulation and random sleeping arrangement was the everyday life of B&B. In other words, this is a type of show that you never supposed to take seriously. The only time I kinda paid attention was Ian Buchanan's James Warwick coming to LA... Never in million years would I have thought of following B&B lol. Oh, what a change change lol

The acting is FAR outweighing the predictability of the storyline and making it must-see TV. TK and LG are rocking it so hard! It's hard to believe this is the same actress who went through that whole giggly, selfie, Twitter follower stage, where she was solely comic relief for the other characters on canvas.

My initially thought: LG was just another pretty face. After the writers give her meaty scenes with TK in the beginning of Caridge story, I very much doubted they would work.  Actors have to have that intense sexual, romantic and passionate vibes to pull off those scenes. What LG and TK did exceeded all my expectations. Taking Caroline's first dream of Ridge for example, not a single word had been spoken but their eyes revealed all. She was also very good during the whole Caroline/Rick/Maya confrontations. Anyway, LG comes a long way. TK, like Michael Easton and some others has the gift of tells everything through their eyes.

I haven't seen acting on this level since Nick confronted Bridget, Owen, and Jackie. (And I never knew Jack Warner had it in him until then--I was blown away by his "portrayal of betrayal.") So yep, I'm in--hook, line and sinker.

For me, I haven't seen performance on this level since Duke's ultimate confession about his ties to the mob and the real reason for his marriage proposal, Sonny confronted Brenda about the wire, Brenda comforted Sonny after Lily's death, Sonny's shock seeing Brenda alive (aka Amazing Grace Scene) etc

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 4
Ridge has continually chased after women that were either married to or dating his dad and both his brothers and he never seemed to give it a second thought.  It was only a year ago he was creeping on the Child Bride, who was married to Rick, because he had the fashion designer equivalent of erectile disfunction and she was his barely legal viagra.  He has also raped two women, so he's currently twice the sexual predator that Thomas is.

Yes, of course, but I wasn't referencing Ridge as a "grown up". I was keeping it in line with Thomas's remarks about his dad's "playboy" days of dating models and such; that was long before any of this happened. 

I don't agree with Ridge chasing after his father's women. Ridge and Brooke were involved before Brooke married Eric, and of course, Eric tried to start a relationship with Taylor when she came back from death #1, so I see it as Eric chasing after Ridge's women.

I will agree about Ridge raping Brooke and Caroline 1.0 though. 

And I don't remember him ever chasing after Macy? So what brother's women did he pursue? 

• Love 3
If they do the usual DNA test, would they be able to identify paternity within the 99.8% accuracy, especially if the DNA is father and son? I've seen other shows where paternity could not be positively established because the persons in question were either brothers or father/son.

I don't understand why there would be any question. Thomas would have some of Taylor's DNA and if the baby doesn't, there's the answer. Couldn't they use some of Steffy's DNA for comparison?

Who is he to tell Caroline not to let Thomas know he is the father? Asshole much?

It's the same way he told her how, when, and where they were getting married. Or the way he decided to separate her from her husband because it served his career purposes. Or the way he decided she didn't need to know he couldn't have children--before he speed-married her. Or the way he decided, after he told her about his presumed infertility, that she could leave him and get the marriage annulled. Every time there's an opportunity it seems like Ridge is trying to take away Caroline's agency as an adult to make critical decisions about her own life. Except for the sex part, I think Ridge's treatment of her is rather paternal. It's more unlikely he could get away with much of what he's pulled with Caroline with a woman his own age. A woman his own age would likely have been around the block more times than Caroline has and would see his macho, authoritarian behavior for what it is. Plus Caroline is a bit of a starry-eyed tool anyway, IMO.

In soap land there is always grief sex and this is what happened between Caroline and Thomas.

I agree that it might have been grief sex for Caroline but AFAIC it was not for Thomas. I get that there is some audience discomfort (and apparently a writer's edict) about calling it rape but Thomas knowingly had sex with a woman who was in no condition to give consent for the act. AFAIC how or why she came to be in that condition is beside the point, and IMO it was about as close to rape as you can get without legally deeming it rape.

so he's currently twice the sexual predator that Thomas is

Well Ridge has had a 20-30 year lead on Thomas. At the rate Thomas is going, he'll probably catch up in a year or two.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6

In Hope's case, I've always thought that pregnancy was written out because KM left before the show could write the very obvious WTD storyline that situation called for.

This would also make for the fourth miscarriage in a row if that did happen, and for all Brad Bell's faults as a show runner, he's not Chuck Prat who gets off on torturing women, so I can't imagine him going through with this one being a tock.

• Love 5

Yes, of course, but I wasn't referencing Ridge as a "grown up". I was keeping it in line with Thomas's remarks about his dad's "playboy" days of dating models and such; that was long before any of this happened.

I don't agree with Ridge chasing after his father's women. Ridge and Brooke were involved before Brooke married Eric, and of course, Eric tried to start a relationship with Taylor when she came back from death #1, so I see it as Eric chasing after Ridge's women.

I will agree about Ridge raping Brooke and Caroline 1.0 though.

And I don't remember him ever chasing after Macy? So what brother's women did he pursue?

He came between Brooke and Thorne with that scheme Steph and Taylor cooked up to make Brooke think she had a chance with Ridge, which set off the chain of events that ended with Macy off the wagon and bursting in flames for her not-death.

Then, after he stayed with Taylor knowing Steph had manipulated that situation with a fake heart attack and Brooke moved on to Nick, he came back trying to come betweenthem, thinking he could have her back *snap* just like that. (Sorry, couldn't resist :p )

And then Caroline II of course.

• Love 3

When did Ivy get so stupid? She thinks if she tells Eric half the Ally story that Steffy will have to rehire her because otherwise Steffy will have to admit to Eric that she's a murderuh? Even if this cockamamie plan works, does Ivy not realize queen bitch will make it her mission in life to make Ivy as miserable as humanly possible?

Now that you mention Maya, I really wish Maya and Rick had done their mean act with Steffy. I'd love to have seen Steffy fetch them ice cream...and if they spilled some on the floor make Steffy wipe it up with her hair!

Ivy's character has been totally ruined. And there is no way in bloody hell that Maya and Rick's mean act would have worked with Steffy. If anything, she would fetch the ice cream just to dump it on their stupid heads. I don't think they would even ever have tried any of that shit on her.

• Love 5

It's the same way he told her how, when, and where they were getting married. Or the way he decided to separate her from her husband because it served his career purposes. Or the way he decided she didn't need to know he couldn't have children--before he speed-married her. Or the way he decided, after he told her about his presumed infertility, that she could leave him and get the marriage annulled. Every time there's an opportunity it seems like Ridge is trying to take away Caroline's agency as an adult to make critical decisions about her own life. Except for the sex part, I think Ridge's treatment of her is rather paternal. It's more unlikely he could get away with much of what he's pulled with Caroline with a woman his own age. A woman his own age would likely have been around the block more times than Caroline has and would see his macho, authoritarian behavior for what it is. Plus Caroline is a bit of a starry-eyed tool anyway, IMO.

All of this.

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but giggle over Ridge sitting on the floor like a petulant little boy having a tantrum.

• Love 10

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but giggle over Ridge sitting on the floor like a petulant little boy having a tantrum.

What got me was the couch was right there.  It just seemed like an over the top acting choice to me.

• Love 7

He came between Brooke and Thorne with that scheme Steph and Taylor cooked up to make Brooke think she had a chance with Ridge, which set off the chain of events that ended with Macy off the wagon and bursting in flames for her not-death. 

Then, after he stayed with Taylor knowing Steph had manipulated that situation with a fake heart attack and Brooke moved on to Nick, he came back trying to come betweenthem, thinking he could have her back *snap* just like that. (Sorry, couldn't resist :p )

And then Caroline II of course.

Thanks Anna Yolei, sometimes things get blurry with the old SLs! In all honesty though, I can't include Brooke in this argument, although I most definitely remember when that happened. When it comes to Brooke and Ridge, there was just so much back and forth, and she chased after him just as much as he chased after her. And his goal there was to split them up, not get Brooke back for himself because he was happily married to Taylor at the time. 

I had forgotten all about the Nick thing, and what a DUH!!! moment for me for forgetting Caroline and Rick. 

All the same, I still don't see it as Ridge chasing after every female his father and brothers have been involved with; I think Ridge gets a bad rap for the more than twenty years of waffling. 

• Love 2

Fair enough on the waffling. And perhaps it's not a firm pattern but much like with Brooke and her relationships that came at the cost of stabbing Bridget and Katie in the back, it's just not a good look.

The Thorne thing was even more puzzling because as you said he was happily with Taylor but he didn't despise her like Stephanie did. So why go along with their idiot scheme?*

He never macked on Macy and couldn't stand to be in the same room as Darla (not like that ever stopped two people from fucking--*looks in Quinn and Liam's general direction*).

*Coincidentally, when someone uploaded the whole season one last year, Ridge was all but shoving Brooke at Thorne when he picked up on the fact that he cared about Caroline I. And even more crazy is KKL and the actor playing Thorne #1 had great chemistry, enough to make it retroactively pissed that TIIC waited eleven years to go this route! :p

• Love 2

The only woman Ridge has ever "taken" from a family member is Caroline II.  The original Caroline Spencer, Brooke and Taylor were all with Ridge first.  Ridge's brothers and his father were the ones chasing after his women.  

And as for "raping" the original Caroline, unlike the Caroline/Thomas night, the show went much further in showing what happened.  Drunk Ridge crawled into bed with drunk Caroline, who was married to Thorne at the time.  (Ridge later said he thought it would be a "prank", she would wake up, yell at him, and he would leave.  I know.  Fun guy.)  He may have kissed her on the neck, head, something, i don't remember that part.  What is clear, though, is that Caroline responded and got on top of him.  Fade to black.  

The word "rape" was used initially which was understandable given the circumstances.  But the way the scene was shot, and what we saw in real time, blunted that accusation quickly.  Caroline later said she must have always known it was Ridge and not Thorne.  (That part does smack of a retcon.)  So, while bad judgement abounds with this guy and inebriated women, I put only drugged-out, practically comatose Brooke in the category of being sexually assaulted by Ridge.

• Love 3
Except for the sex part, I think Ridge's treatment of her is rather paternal.

Every time he barked at her, "look at me!", he sounded exactly like a parent yelling at a child. Cringeworthy. All I could think was, how fucked up is Caroline that she's in a relationship like this? What did her two moms do to her? I guess she got twice the emotional damage.

• Love 6