Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

“Grifting” to me implies some sort of dishonesty; like the grifter promises you something that they don’t deliver.

I don’t think that Christine is “grifting.” I think that she is pretty honest about what she is selling (exposure via her social media). I think it’s tacky to ask for discounts but many people do; particularly people who see themselves as “influencers.” But it’s not dishonest.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

“Grifting” to me implies some sort of dishonesty; like the grifter promises you something that they don’t deliver.

I don’t think that Christine is “grifting.” I think that she is pretty honest about what she is selling (exposure via her social media). I think it’s tacky to ask for discounts but many people do; particularly people who see themselves as “influencers.” But it’s not dishonest.

Yeah that’s just how social media promotion works these days. People with a following share businesses and products for affiliate codes/discounts/direct payment etc. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, General Days said:

The MLM is a grift.

Begging for freebies in exchange for publicity is a tacky fact of influencers and wannabes, but it's not a grift.

Back in the ollllld days (12years ago) I'd always been open to doing reviews, but I never actively purchased something just to do a review. If some business sent me something I enjoyed, I'd review it. If they insisted on a review simply for sending it, I'd give an option of having me return it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5

Hate the MLM stuff- huge scam, but if you're dumb enough to get involved, I don't have tons of sympathy. 

Happy that Christine is living her best life. Has she made mistakes- hell yea- but she is so happy to be free of the life sucker that is Kody that I'll look past the missteps. 

• Like 19

Quoting @Sandy W from the Kody thread. 

I do wonder what Annie thinks about all this. I know Annie left plural marriage, yet watched her daughter into one after the fact. My mom says it’s hardest being the mom of an adult child. Eventually the no contact order didn’t stop Annie and Christine from having a good relationship (they have for a number of years), but I can imagine that there was a mix of “please don’t do this you’ll live to regret it” and “I hope my child has a better time than I did” to pride in how Christine has turned the reality show money into something for herself and getting away from the relationship when it wasn’t serving her but I am also sure there is a bit of “I told you so.”

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Quoting @Sandy W from the Kody thread. 

I do wonder what Annie thinks about all this. I know Annie left plural marriage, yet watched her daughter into one after the fact. My mom says it’s hardest being the mom of an adult child. Eventually the no contact order didn’t stop Annie and Christine from having a good relationship (they have for a number of years), but I can imagine that there was a mix of “please don’t do this you’ll live to regret it” and “I hope my child has a better time than I did” to pride in how Christine has turned the reality show money into something for herself and getting away from the relationship when it wasn’t serving her but I am also sure there is a bit of “I told you so.”

I was thinking about the time that the Browns  went on stage that time to sing the praises of Polygamy and Robyn wound up getting real snippy and saying something like “Listen Sweetheart, blab blab” and told a lady off.

At that same event wasn’t Christine hiding in the bathroom from a relative (aunt? Cousin?) who was against polygamy?

I wonder if she’s still in contact with her and what they say now that Christine has turned her back on plural marriage, she could have listened years ago and saved herself a lot of heartache.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I hope that Christine has mended her relationship with Aunt Kristin.  Now that Christine has regained her sanity (!) I'm pretty sure that now she realizes that Annie and Kristin were right about polygamy, all along.

10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was thinking about the time that the Browns  went on stage that time to sing the praises of Polygamy and Robyn wound up getting real snippy and saying something like “Listen Sweetheart, blab blab” and told a lady off.

At that same event wasn’t Christine hiding in the bathroom from a relative (aunt? Cousin?) who was against polygamy?

I wonder if she’s still in contact with her and what they say now that Christine has turned her back on plural marriage, she could have listened years ago and saved herself a lot of heartache.

Yes to all this.  I wanted to slap Sobbyn's face after that self-righteous "do not make me a victim, sweetie."  How dared she come out with that?  Beyond rude!  Another reason to hate Sobbyn! (as if we needed one!) 😡

• Like 11
  • Love 2

Christine had permanent Christmas lights installed at her new home, she controls them with her phone, she can change the colours, flashing, blinking, twinkling etc… 

A friend of mine had them installed a couple years ago and it was $5000 + tax.

Christine probably got a good deal or free because she’s promoting them.

IMG_6582.jpeg

IMG_6580.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2023 at 11:44 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Yes to all this.  I wanted to slap Sobbyn's face after that self-righteous "do not make me a victim, sweetie."  How dared she come out with that?  Beyond rude!  Another reason to hate Sobbyn! (as if we needed one!) 😡

Listen, Sweetie. Only ROBYN can make herself a victim. 

And she does so every chance she gets.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Christine had permanent Christmas lights installed at her new home

I saw that. The price is up there, but they’re pretty cool. She can change them according to color(s) and holiday from an APP. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Christine had permanent Christmas lights installed at her new home, she controls them with her phone, she can change the colours, flashing, blinking, twinkling etc… 

A friend of mine had them installed a couple years ago and it was $5000 + tax.

Christine probably got a good deal or free because she’s promoting them.

IMG_6582.jpeg

IMG_6580.jpeg

Not much room on that front porch for Robyn to come over and rock the grand babies. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
On 9/20/2023 at 5:14 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I would love to do that. Change for Halloween and Christmas! 

Amazon has "permanent" Christmas lights that you can install yourself (or have someone do it for you) that cost around $200--it depends on how long you need.  They can be controlled with an app on your phone.  I didn't read any reviews, so that's all I know.  The ad says they are good for tens of thousands of hours.

• Like 4
On 9/20/2023 at 11:26 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Really? I always assumed Christine met David through friends or a mutual acquaintance. I don’t know why I thought that. 

So the professional matchmaker she mentioned in the last episode obviously didn't provide her with her soulmate.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Elodia said:

So the professional matchmaker she mentioned in the last episode obviously didn't provide her with her soulmate.

No,

Spoiler

it was an online dating site.  She mentioned in one of her SM posts that she found it amusing to see a commercial for that site on one of the SW shows.  I think it is Stir.

Edited by Orcinus orca
Unclear on what can be posted - saw this on SM.
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 8/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, Roslyn said:

That older conversation between Meri and Christine, when Meri was laid up in bed with her knee injury, is talked about a lot. In my opinion Meri was being quite honest with her advise. Kody hates emotions being piled on him. He has accused Meri of "burdening" him with her emotions and when Meri told Christine to keep it light with Kody, don't weigh him down with your emotions and "you can only change you, you can't change him" (paraphrasing the quote) she was spot on with how to deal with Kody.  Sadly that makes a fake relationship and Christine was pissy because she wants a REAL relationship, even though she is sharing Kody with others. Aways later Meri told Christine she was sorry for her advise, but I think she really did get it right with Kody.  The way to please Kody is to fake it when he is there. Which is a great reason to argue against polygamy.

As for the "Look and the Mountain" scene...it was really two fold. Meri telling Christine to think of the angels singing and look at the mountain, to basically remind yourself why everyone packed up and got the hell out of Dodge and suck it up (again) for the whole family.  Individuals don't seem to count in the Brown Family...beyond Kody and anyone that Kody shows favor to. But...Meri kept pushing that since Christine is in pain...she needs to not make any decisions...to look at the mountain and remember why they are (supposed to be) there. In my opinion...Meri really delivered it poorly, but she was trying to tell Christine to not make any decisions about leaving while she was hurting so much (the in crisis part), which is the parallel I made with Yeah No's post.

I understand why Meri tried to do that but I was so mad at Meri in that moment — Meri gets to tell the whole family she might be “gone” (catfish era) and Christine doesn’t get to feel like she’s done? It was so hypocritical of Meri. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I understand why Meri tried to do that but I was so mad at Meri in that moment — Meri gets to tell the whole family she might be “gone” (catfish era) and Christine doesn’t get to feel like she’s done? It was so hypocritical of Meri. 

I saw that as not an attempt by Meri to comfort and allay fears Christine was enduring but to win points with Kody. 

Just look at what a good little soldier I am for the cause.

• Like 11
On 9/25/2023 at 11:33 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Amazon has "permanent" Christmas lights that you can install yourself (or have someone do it for you) that cost around $200--it depends on how long you need.  They can be controlled with an app on your phone.  I didn't read any reviews, so that's all I know.  The ad says they are good for tens of thousands of hours.

In the neighborhood next to mine, there is one house that has permanent lights.  They are chasing/probably set to music, not sure.  But the colors change depending on the holiday.  I see them on my way home from work in the evenings.  Haven't seen them this summer though.  Probably sky high electric bills.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

In the neighborhood next to mine, there is one house that has permanent lights.  They are chasing/probably set to music, not sure.  But the colors change depending on the holiday.  I see them on my way home from work in the evenings.  Haven't seen them this summer though.  Probably sky high electric bills.  

Nah, LED lights are negligible on your electric bill. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

Damn, I hate to be negative, because I'm really very happy for them, but I'm not loving the dress. I've been looking forward to seeing what she came up with, because her first wedding dress was so sad and depressing, IMO. And this time around she actually has money and no religious restrictions. But it could just be that she's standing in an awkward position, so I'll hold off on my judgyness until we see more photos. But dress aside, good for them. After 20+ years of marriage with Kody, this must be such a sweet breath of fresh air.

• Like 13

I'm definitely not a fan of wedding gowns with a V type opening that goes below boob level.  They usually end up with some weird illusion holding the dress together and it so far has looked tacky on all the ones I've seen worn.  What is that with the bunching under her right hip?  

I know she wanted a redo for the first wedding mess, but I think she's running the risk of having selected something that isn't her best look.  

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, best wishes to the happy couple. At least we know one of the plots for next season.  🤣

Ha ha ~ at the rate TLC moves - more like a couple of years!

8 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Damn, I hate to be negative, because I'm really very happy for them, but I'm not loving the dress. I've been looking forward to seeing what she came up with, because her first wedding dress was so sad and depressing, IMO. And this time around she actually has money and no religious restrictions. But it could just be that she's standing in an awkward position, so I'll hold off on my judgyness until we see more photos. But dress aside, good for them. After 20+ years of marriage with Kody, this must be such a sweet breath of fresh air.

I think the dress is fine for an over 50 yr old woman.

Edited by endure
  • Like 20

Congratulations to David, and Best Wishes to Christine!  They look very happy together.

The Fall decor is dreadful, though.  Fall is my favorite time of year, and I love Fall colors, but her color scheme looks something Tim Burton would dream up in his first drafts.  Maybe it comes out better in other pics, I'll have to see.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I wonder how high Kody’s blood pressure is that Christine got a People exclusive looking happy and gorgeous. I hope most of the kids were there.

He is left with whining to Robyn and rubbing where he thinks his kidney is that Christine stabbed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4