Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, former BFF Kendra sued them for unpaid bills. I think the T-shirt line was named "Ashley Madison" or something like that.

Yeah, you really have to wonder about some of their associates.  Although Kendra did help Robyn out the fraud Sam.

2 hours ago, toodles said:

My guess is they were left over from the massive world launch of STRIVE with Janelle that I attended many moons ago. She was selling them there.  I saw one person buy one.

ETA:  The bag was $45 smackaroos.  $45 must be the magic number.

Ahhh I fondly remember your insider rundown of that glorious day.

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2017/04/cynical-jinx-attends-az-womens-expo.html?m=1

Omg is it this one? Toodles! are you the amazing Cynical Jinx? Or is there another rundown of a Janelle Strive event I missed? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2017/04/cynical-jinx-attends-az-womens-expo.html?m=1

Omg is it this one? Toodles! are you the amazing Cynical Jinx? Or is there another rundown of a Janelle Strive event I missed? 

It's on this thread somewhere. I'll find the link. 

ETA found it!!!

CJ saw Janelle at a phoenix expo - our @toodles was at the Strive launch 😊

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA found it!!!

Thank you for linking that 😊 I find it hard to believe this Strive business is still surviving. Janelle is extremely lucky to have the support of sycophant fans to rely on bleeding dry, as in the real world of business, this concept of a random overweight, lazy and unqualified ‘health coach’ would never fly.  

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

this concept of a random overweight, lazy and unqualified ‘health coach’ would never fly.  

Janelle sounds just like Whitney Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  instead of health coach this morbidly obeice  woman is now into weight lifting...believe it or not. LOL  Janelle is not morbidly obeice (yet), but not a health coach, that's laughable.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Janelle sounds just like Whitney Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  instead of health coach this morbidly obeice  woman is now into weight lifting...believe it or not. LOL  Janelle is not morbidly obeice (yet), but not a health coach, that's laughable.

I would venture to say that Janelle's BMI is at least as high as Whitney Thore's and that she falls into the morbidly obese category.  Whitney at least, makes some attempt at carrying through her fitness programs.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA found it!!!

I can't believe you found that!  I was thinking about this today.  I remember leaving, scratching my head and asking myself "what the hell was that?"

There was an old guy sitting in the back doing a crossword.  I should have sat with him.  It would have been more fun.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, toodles said:

I'm not the amazing CJ.  And I think this a different event.  The event I attended was in Vegas where I live.  

the main reason I wish the Browns hadn't left Vegas is because you were our eyes and ears! I so enjoyed your summary of her open house.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

the main reason I wish the Browns hadn't left Vegas is because you were our eyes and ears! I so enjoyed your summary of her open house.

Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it.

• Love 9

You are quite welcome! 

It's interesting to see how Strive has morphed, isn't it. She was able to get four personal trainers involved and it did absolutely nothing for their careers. 

There are still videos on YouTube of her unintentionally hilarious FB live "training videos".  Like this one. Forward about 13 minutes in or so, Janelle can't do a lunge to save her life! And the trainer was getting a bit annoyed. 

Notice the dog on the left...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You are quite welcome! 

It's interesting to see how Strive has morphed, isn't it. She was able to get four personal trainers involved and it did absolutely nothing for their careers. 

There are still videos on YouTube of her unintentionally hilarious FB live "training videos".  Like this one. Forward about 13 minutes in or so, Janelle can't do a lunge to save her life! And the trainer was getting a bit annoyed. 

Notice the dog on the left...

I'm not a knowledgeable fitness person by any means, but...that wasn't a lunge that Janelle was "doing". I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

How professional. Poor quality audio, clearly from somebody's phone and echoing all over the place. I like the dog, he did a good lunge there.

Lunge? I thought the dog did a perfect "downward dog" yoga move!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I'm not a knowledgeable fitness person by any means, but...that wasn't a lunge that Janelle was "doing". I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

I'm with you, Roslyn I don't engage in a fitness program myself and could only make an observation from what we viewed.  It seemed to me that Janelle was limited by her body structure.  She carries most of her weight below her waistline, so it may be physically impossible to put her pelvis in a lunge position.

Maybe her bonus kid Mariah, the yoga guru, could give her some alternative moves that would have the same benefits?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

That's what the trainer was trying to get her to do. But I think he just gave up. 
Not a great room to do this type of stuff in. They ought to have gone to the gym and used the studio between classes. 
What our trainers typically do with newbs (and Janelle isn't a newb - she worked with Trainer Sean for two years, for God's sake!) is have the client do the move in front of a mirror. And adjust them - I would have had her get into the initial lunge position and use my hands to adjust her, bringing her foot farther back and hip flexors forward.  Her knee was also going past her toe - a lunge is supposed to work the front leg mostly. The knee should track over the ankle and she should be going straight down. 
At my gym we do have a few people Janelle's size or larger and they're able to do squats and lunges, albeit shallow ones. It helps to have the front foot elevated about 4-6" using a step. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What our trainers typically do with newbs (and Janelle isn't a newb - she worked with Trainer Sean for two years, for God's sake!) is have the client do the move in front of a mirror.

In front of a mirror is absolutely the best way.  She might think she's doing it correctly but she can't see where her feet are nor her back leg so she has no idea how off kilter she is.  A mirror shows up all of the flaws. 

We do our yoga in front of a mirror so we can check our stance.  It's amazing how well you think you are doing until you see how wonky you really are!

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Take a moment to breathE, Janelle.  

It's good that Savanah seems to participate in something other than watching her mother in the recliner, pretending to work out.  Please detail your typical workout for your doubters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Take a moment to breathE, Janelle.  

It's good that Savanah seems to participate in something other than watching her mother in the recliner, pretending to work out.  Please detail your typical workout for your doubters.

This. Janelle should get back to us when she’s no longer obese and doesn’t sound like an idiot. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

It made me think of one of the funniest moments in Big Brother history. There was an older guy that they called Chicken George. He got on the treadmill and ran it on the lowest setting and just stood there while it moved him backwards, then he took two small steps forward and kept repeating that. Ride back, two steps forward. I wish I could find a clip of it. It was hilarious!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Another gem from Janelle - about needing to avoid "hitting the drive through" after dropping off Savanah. I had to look back and see if this was a Strive post or a STRIFE post from MahamidFraudedMe. "The struggle is real." It's like she is parodying herself!

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Another gem from Janelle - about needing to avoid "hitting the drive through" after dropping off Savanah. I had to look back and see if this was a Strive post or a STRIFE post from MahamidFraudedMe. "The struggle is real." It's like she is parodying herself!

I noticed that, too - and did the EXACT SAME THING!!  "Was that Mahamid??"  LOL   We know Janelle, well!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

This woman has a seriously unhealthy relationship with drive-thrus.  It's like she physically cannot pass McD's or Burger King without stopping for something.  The backseat of her car must look like a dumpster.  There's something deeply wrong there...she is so emotionless most of the time, but clearly something is being transferred to her deep need to eat junk food whenever she can't find matching socks, or the wind blows from the north, or she realizes that she's stuck in a spiritual marriage to a horrible narcissistic man-child and her kids are all leaving her one by one.

• Love 11
On 3/12/2020 at 12:59 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Janelle is an experienced health and wellness coach?! Who does she think she's fooling?

Janelle reminds me of Whitney Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  She's now into weight lifting.  That's as fake as you fan get, besides Janelle faking she's in the gym doing yoga. Or whatever she's doing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.9373aea350ce6c7bf1f7b59c9c4bb689.png

‘Making good food choices while running Savannah to practice without hitting the drive-thru, I wait and do it on the way home when I’ve dropped her off’

Dying laughing 😂🤣 can’t breathE!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I feel like with the 600 pound lifers, they don't even get the fast food home before they scarf it down in the car.  I like to go get my fast food, bring it home and put it on a plate.  Get the bottle of ketchup out of the refrigerator and put it on the table.  Lay out napkins.  Usually my food is somewhat cold before I actually get to eating it.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"Those with Vitamin D deficiency can exercise fatigue".

Huh?  Translation anyone?

I think she meant "...can experience fatigue".  The mere thought of exercise fatigues Janelle, so she put the words together.  I hope she knows that Vitamin D is found in animals' milk, not overpriced Rockstar nut juices that she may find at WholePaycheck (unless fortified).  If you don't drink cows' milk, it is cheaper to just take a D3 supplement. Also, D3 is best absorbed with fat (e.g. gel capsules), not skim milk or a pill taken with water.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Or you can walk 15 minutes in the sun dumbass Janelle.  The sun is a great source of vit d too.  That's Vegas 101.  That's one of the first things my dr. told me when I moved here. She lived here long enough to learn the best times to walk.  

But this is Janelle and she is completely baffled by life and today her dumdassness is getting on my very last nerve.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Finally she adds the disclaimer!!

And although vitamin D is something our bodies create through sunlight to skin contact, it is also one of the most deficient vitamins in our population. Time of day (as mentioned) and time of year can vary our ability to produce our own vitamin D. Also some people just don't produce it in enough quantity.

Milk only contains a small amount of vitamin D (and completely dependent on the herd health etc), it has been added for a long time (not sure how long) and was added because vitamin D is needed to help the body absorb the calcium (which is in milk).  It was added to help prevent rickets and other bone deformities in children. Also why giving milk to children through the school lunches was implemented.

*I am not a health practitioner, or even a health coach with a purchased internet certification.  I did learn at the knee of my Grandmother. If experiencing any of the maladies that Janelle speaks of, see your doctor and get a blood test and a check up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I take D3 gel capsules daily along with magnesium to prevent foot cramps. I forgot who told me about that - it might have been my PCP or I might have read it somewhere but gosh darn if it doesn't seem to work! 👍 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, or even a dramatization of a doctor. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Kbo said:

“I am not an expert”.  Understatement of the year. 

And yet she's selling her "expertise". 

With the Covid outbreak, her timing for her $45 group seems to be incredibly bad since many people will not be getting paid if they're on quarantine. 

(Kinda makes me wonder about the Brown LLN sales? I just don't see people spending money on ugly clothes right now.) 

• Love 8

With the Covid outbreak, her timing for her $45 group seems to be incredibly bad since many people will not be getting paid if they're on quarantine. 

Maybe in the face of this planetary outbreak, Janelle should just STFU, sit down on her couch and stop even trying to give anyone any health advice, period.  It's not just annoying anymore, it's a garbled word salad, potentially dangerous, signifying nothing.  Leave any health advice to those qualified to give it, not from a random obese Z-list celebrity living in Flagstaff who literally cannot pass a drive-thru without being tempted to order a burger and fries.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe in the face of this planetary outbreak, Janelle should just STFU, sit down on her couch and stop even trying to give anyone any health advice, period.  It's not just annoying anymore, it's a garbled word salad, potentially dangerous, signifying nothing.  Leave any health advice to those qualified to give it, not from a random obese Z-list celebrity living in Flagstaff who literally cannot pass a drive-thru without being tempted to order a burger and fries.

Janelle really needs to see this ^^^^

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What is it with these people and eggs?

They can't seem to make them look appealing, she may have done better with sliced or grated hard boiled eggs if she is presenting them as part of her blog.

• Love 4