Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

This comment really resonated with me and I've been mulling it over.  I'm not a psychologist, nor do I even play a therapist on tv, but I'd say we've seen some of the "physical" or outward traits of hoarding as well.  

SO many of Meri's plotlines have revolved around what she wants, and how she cajoles and manipulates others to get what she wants.  ("If I can have the wet bar I'll host all the family parties, guys!"  "A B&B would give your mom something to do, Christine."  "You really should meet Cheryl for the sake of your own healing, Mariah.")  She latches onto the shiny new flavor of the week like a pitbull, and I strongly believe this behavior comes from trying to fill* an emotional void, but it happens over and over and over.  She has stuffed her giant house with "nicer things" and tchotchkes on every surface (they've all done that, really) but is not satisfied.  It's not working for her, and it's frustrating the rest of the fambly.

And I think you're right that we saw emotional hoarding in this past episode.  Their messages were both buried in psychobabble, but I think Christine was genuinely trying to reach out to Meri to improve their relationship and Meri could not give anything back, not even to simply explain what "upset" means to her  - which you'd think would be helpful in defending her position when she herself chose that word to be a bone of contention.  

I'll be honest - I've never really liked Meri, but there definitely have been moments when I've had extreme sympathy for her and I'd like her to be able to do the emotional work to achieve whatever will bring her happiness in her life.  If she's truly done with this crowd and wants to break free, I hope she does it.  If she really does feel left out and wants to repair relationships with Kody and the wives, then I hope she does it.  If she just wants to hang around to whine and milk $$$ from the production, well, then maybe she deserves the villain edit she seems to be getting.     

* It's really weird to write "fill" and mean it, not feel.  The Browns are messing with my mind!

I love your post.  

Why does Meri stay and stay miserable, I have wondered?  She was all set to go back to school, and then that all was forgotten.  Just easy TLC money?  

Since this show has apparently been renewed for another "revealing" (not) season, is Meri going to be in Utah, not getting filmed, and actually having to do something useful?  Wouldn't that be nice.  I'm so sick of Meri and her being unable to dill with anything except Mariah, and even then, she makes herself out as this amazing mom.  Ugh, ick, and yuck.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

This comment really resonated with me and I've been mulling it over.  I'm not a psychologist, nor do I even play a therapist on tv, but I'd say we've seen some of the "physical" or outward traits of hoarding as well.  

SO many of Meri's plotlines have revolved around what she wants, and how she cajoles and manipulates others to get what she wants.  ("If I can have the wet bar I'll host all the family parties, guys!"  "A B&B would give your mom something to do, Christine."  "You really should meet Cheryl for the sake of your own healing, Mariah.")  She latches onto the shiny new flavor of the week like a pitbull, and I strongly believe this behavior comes from trying to fill* an emotional void, but it happens over and over and over.  She has stuffed her giant house with "nicer things" and tchotchkes on every surface (they've all done that, really) but is not satisfied.  It's not working for her, and it's frustrating the rest of the fambly.

And I think you're right that we saw emotional hoarding in this past episode.  Their messages were both buried in psychobabble, but I think Christine was genuinely trying to reach out to Meri to improve their relationship and Meri could not give anything back, not even to simply explain what "upset" means to her  - which you'd think would be helpful in defending her position when she herself chose that word to be a bone of contention.  

I'll be honest - I've never really liked Meri, but there definitely have been moments when I've had extreme sympathy for her and I'd like her to be able to do the emotional work to achieve whatever will bring her happiness in her life.  If she's truly done with this crowd and wants to break free, I hope she does it.  If she really does feel left out and wants to repair relationships with Kody and the wives, then I hope she does it.  If she just wants to hang around to whine and milk $$$ from the production, well, then maybe she deserves the villain edit she seems to be getting.     

* It's really weird to write "fill" and mean it, not feel.  The Browns are messing with my mind!

This!  I had to re-read that sentence twice to understand that you actually meant "fill"......   It made no sense in Meri language  LOL

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Showed this to Mr Tabloid just now and he said "what's with the ugly fuckin shoes?"   He also said the hat needs to go and would I like him to continue?   I needed that laugh today, thought perhaps someone else could use one too.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Normades said:

OMG that's a whole lotta ugly going on in one pic. Plus what's with the size of that jacket?? All I can think of is fat guy in a little coat!

I am a sucker for a denim jacket, but the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was "if you can't close the jacket, it's TOO SMALL!"

• Love 8

Apparently, the first rule of becoming a LulaRoe distributor is, "Remove all mirrors from your home, and do not go into any establishments that have mirrors."

They're going to have to add another rule:  "Do not allow anyone to take pictures of you in LulaRoe clothes."

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Apparently, the first rule of becoming a LulaRoe distributor is, "Remove all mirrors from your home, and do not go into any establishments that have mirrors."

They're going to have to add another rule:  "Do not allow anyone to take pictures of you in LulaRoe clothes."

My issue with the clothes is that they just make anyone who isn't skinny look dumpy. Most of it is drapey and has no form. Despite the bad hat and too-small jacket, Meri looks better here than she usually does in those tunic tops and Maude-style long vests. The structure and weight of the jeans and jacket help give the body support and shape. Gotta go up a size or two on that jacket though girl.

• Love 11

In the last episode Robyn mentioned that Meri decided to go to school and not work with Robyn on My Sisterwife's Closet. I do not really remember if that is what happened. I know someone here must remember if that is how that all went down. I think Robyn was irritated by Meri doing that. If that was me I would be more irritated that Meri pulled back on that and did not end up pursuing more schooling. 

• Love 2

Did Mariah graduate from college?  I thought she dropped out!

I think Meri has assumed the role of girlfriend to Mariah and her SO.  She thinks she's just one of the girls!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

In the last episode Robyn mentioned that Meri decided to go to school and not work with Robyn on My Sisterwife's Closet. I do not really remember if that is what happened. I know someone here must remember if that is how that all went down. I think Robyn was irritated by Meri doing that. If that was me I would be more irritated that Meri pulled back on that and did not end up pursuing more schooling. 

Yes, I remember Meri talking to Robyn and telling her she was going to go back to school and wouldn't have much time for MSWC anymore.

I always felt kind of bad for Robyn, because she was always really into the idea of the jewelry line and had a hard time convincing the others. Meri did help her a lot in the beginning though. I give her credit for that, and I give Robyn credit for still plugging away at it. It obviously means a lot to her. Some of the jewelry is pretty, but also a bit pricey. That autism necklace she showed the wives at lunch is very pretty. I have a cousin with two autistic children and I think she would love that. It's $111.00, which, yikes, but it's sterling silver and 10k gold and is made in the USA. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did Mariah graduate from college? I thought she dropped out!

I think Meri has assumed the role of girlfriend to Mariah and her SO.  She thinks she's just one of the girls!

Mariah and Logan both graduated last year - same weekend and time basically because there had been chatter in advance with people wondering what Kody and the other wives would do.

Edited by onatrek
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What's with the leis?  I know they do that in Hawaii but stateside?  I'm not sure what state it's in but it's definitely not Hawaii.

I don't get the the orchids, but the green-ish one is money.  Every grad loves and appreciates that.

• Love 7

We do them in California so spreading just a bit east to Utah isn't that surprising.  Quite a few Californians go to college/university in Utah and would take the custom with them. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Hasn't made it to Michigan, that's for sure.  Nobody would be able to afford an orchid lei here!

Or one made of five-dollar bills, as the green one in the photo appears to be.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

#lowratingsequalcancellation #hatewatchersincreaseratings #becarefulwhatyouwishfor

Hahahaha! This is perfect - if I were the Browns, I would say hate me all you want, just keep on watching, and thanks for your support!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Hahahaha! This is perfect - if I were the Browns, I would say hate me all you want, just keep on watching, and thanks for your support!

Meri deleted the tweet. 

She’s such a dumb ass.

• Love 3
On March 23, 2018 at 5:53 AM, Kohola3 said:

Hasn't made it to Michigan, that's for sure.  Nobody would be able to afford an orchid lei here!

I'm a retired floral designer in CA and floral  leis for gradation have been around a long time. They are time consuming and expensive to make so most shops get  them pre made from wholesalers / flower market. I've never seen the money ones I wonder who makes those ? Good idea. 

15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

So it appears JO still has some hidden dirt on Meri. It would be completely awesome if these new "racy" photos and videos are actual. Meri couldn't outrun this if she had warp speed. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sam-cooper-meri-brown-157099

The "racy" photos are already out there.  The little video states that the website people "have seen cropped versions" of the photos.  A bathtub photo and a bathrobe photo with cleavage. Those were released with everything else back then. 

Just a sad woman trying desperately to stay relevant.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Roslyn said:

The "racy" photos are already out there.  The little video states that the website people "have seen cropped versions" of the photos.  A bathtub photo and a bathrobe photo with cleavage. Those were released with everything else back then. 

That's some crappy investigating on their part, then.They made it sound like these would be newly released photos. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Roslyn said:

That JO is a real piece of work. I've checked out the not Batman site on occasion, it's insane! She's still pretending to be Sam and droning on about Meri. She also talks about this fairytale life with a wife and kids. It reads like a middle schooler's fanfic. She's still trying to sell books and has book signings with no dates or pictures. Like a multi millionaire would tour on a two year old book. It's kinda scary when you think about it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Normades said:

That JO is a real piece of work. I've checked out the not Batman site on occasion, it's insane! She's still pretending to be Sam and droning on about Meri. She also talks about this fairytale life with a wife and kids. It reads like a middle schooler's fanfic. She's still trying to sell books and has book signings with no dates or pictures. Like a multi millionaire would tour on a two year old book. It's kinda scary when you think about it.

Ok so, I was bored and read/listened to many of the 200-something voicemails Meri left "Sam". Words that were prevalent? "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you............."

That was but a fraction of the "I love you"s Meri left. Yeah, JO was wrong to do this, however,  the fact that Meri continues to deflect blame from herself is why most of us can't stand her. 

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This is Meri’s idea of a vine covered wall. #getoutofthepicture

I have to say, “idiot” came up as a suggested word when I started typing “idea”.

Well it WAS a vine covered wall at one time.

• Love 3

Meri really thinks of herself as a fashion plate, doesn't she?  Her clothes always look at least a size too small.  Her shoes look like Mr. Xword's old bowling shoes.

The only good thing about the above photo is that she's not mixing stripes, plaids, etc., with hideous prints.

Remember the green dress for their laughable "commitment ceremony?"  That looked to be 3 sizes too tight!  Meri seems to me to be the woman that wants to say she is still a size 10 (or whatever size) she wore in high school.  Bad idea.

• Love 11

No Meri, you did NOT have to snap a picture of bare vines, random firewood, and the ugliest shoes ever worn by a sister wife. And considering the prairie dress type sister wives, that’s saying something. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kbo said:

No Meri, you did NOT have to snap a picture of bare vines, random firewood, and the ugliest shoes ever worn by a sister wife. And considering the prairie dress type sister wives, that’s saying something. 

Indeed!  Even the plain Keds-type sneakers Nikki wore, on Big Love (with the aforementioned prairie dress) looked better.  That woman (Meri) has no taste, in clothing, or as it turns out, in men.  I'd almost feel sorry for her, if she wasn't such a bitter bitch.  

She's treated people like shit, and according to those that watch her LulaNo sales, is still doing so.  Didn't she ever learn the Golden Rule?  

• Love 6

I don't feel sorry for Meri but I can only think she's staying for TLC $. Meri and Kody in the Tell Nothing saying they both were not being honest with one another but what about with the viewers. You flat out lied and portrayed or pretended to portray polygamy as a happy lifestyle choice. Lies.

Also, what was that weird cliff hanger about Catfish Cheryl being brought back to sooth Meri's innocent catfished soul and force Mariah to interact with her daughter and then NOT show the episode?

1. CHERYL was single when Jackie took her for a phone/text/email spin.

2. MERI was married (albeit not legally) to someone during the text/phone/email affair.

One situation is not like the other. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, PolygamyDoesntWork said:

I don't feel sorry for Meri but I can only think she's staying for TLC $. Meri and Kody in the Tell Nothing saying they both were not being honest with one another but what about with the viewers. You flat out lied and portrayed or pretended to portray polygamy as a happy lifestyle choice. Lies.

Also, what was that weird cliff hanger about Catfish Cheryl being brought back to sooth Meri's innocent catfished soul and force Mariah to interact with her daughter and then NOT show the episode?

1. CHERYL was single when Jackie took her for a phone/text/email spin.

2. MERI was married (albeit not legally) to someone during the text/phone/email affair.

One situation is not like the other. 

Wasn't Meri still legally married to Kody at the time of the catfish affair?

I remember the preview showing Cheryl coming back but is it true that they never showed the episode or did I just miss something?  I wonder why the episode wasn't shown.  I wonder if Kody had something to do with that.  I think he is controlling everything on that show which is why Meri is lying along with him about the true status of their relationship.  I have speculated on the tell all thread that she is lying because she's under contract to keep up appearances on the show according to what Kody wants her to say.  He is still trying to salvage polygamy's image but it's pretty much backfiring as we all can see through that at this point.  She may have been strong armed into the charade and contract, but still gains financially from giving into its terms, so she is complicit in it as well.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Wasn't Meri still legally married to Kody at the time of the catfish affair?

No.  The legal divorce happened in September of 2014 and the catfish stuff got going in Feb/March 2015 through August 2015.  However the divorce didn't go public until Feb 2015, they managed to keep it a secret until then...even from the filming company/TLC.  If it was truly a storyline meant for the show...why keep it a secret?

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

No.  The legal divorce happened in September of 2014 and the catfish stuff got going in Feb/March 2015 through August 2015.  However the divorce didn't go public until Feb 2015, they managed to keep it a secret until then...even from the filming company/TLC.  If it was truly a storyline meant for the show...why keep it a secret?

Thanks, I should have remembered that, or maybe I'm better off having forgotten it, LOL.