Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Wow. I can see them acting on something where actual crime is taking place (marrying off underage girls, violence, etc), but this situation would be laughable. Don't they have anything better to do in that state? If they do that, I could understand his paranoia. 

I think it's about the almighty dollar.  My brother lost a house worth $250,000 - which I guess doesn't seem like much compared to what Meri paid for B&B, but it was all he had.  He lost HIS house for growing some marijuana plants in his basement - which is a federal crime.  If the crime is connected to your car - they seize your car.  If it's connected to your house - they take your house.  I understand from other posters that Utah doesn't really ACT on these polygamy laws unless there is something else going on (like under-aged brides, etc.) but I don't trust the government a bit when it comes to their "acquisitions" to meet state funding needs.  The Browns "flaunt" their polygamy in the "face" of Utah (since Utah has their panties in a wad over this and no other states do) so I could see them taken any property the Browns owned in Utah - if they so desired.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

But I don't think Utah wants the bad publicity that would come from a seizure solely based on their lifestyle. 

Joe Darger is much more in your face to the Powers that be in Utah, and he doesn't seem to be worried about it.

Good point!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Dude, that photo is from 1889. Get over it. 

Although he's proud because as I've always said, he gets off on thinking he's an outlaw. 

LOL. Sorry, this makes me think of the lyrics to Lapdance by NERD:

I'm an outlaw
Quick on the draw

• Love 4

Does anyone know if Kody can just be done with Meri?  I mean, we know he's finally not legally tied to her, but is there some spiritual divorce?  I think I read something about polygamists where the husband just stops seeing one of the wives.  So, what happens then?  Can Kody just stop going by (which he has) and the other family members stop including her?  Then, can Meri try to find another banana to run away with?  Just wondering how it all really works?

• Love 5

The Inn must we just bulging with patrons according to the superlative ratings on Facebook.  However, they forgot to tell fans and relatives a) not to just post 5 stars without any explanations so it is obviously planted ratings, b) not to post virtually the same gushy review twice so that it's obvious it's from two people that were there together (the mother/daughter duo that apparently actually did stay there), c) tell another family member of the mother/daughter that posting another 5 star rating would be pretty obvious since he has the same last name, d) not to post 5 star reviews and then disclose that they haven't even stayed there but they might "like to" some day, e) not to post unctuous and totally false information such as how "wonderful" the food is when we know they only offer some buns in the morning.

And exact same obsequious review posted on B&B.com as on Facebook so obviously from the same woman.  None on TripAdvisor, none on Yelp.

Way to earn a living in the hospitality industry.  Get those sycophantic fans to post false reviews and hope nobody is smart enough to suss it out.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Normades said:

Does anyone know if Kody can just be done with Meri?  I mean, we know he's finally not legally tied to her, but is there some spiritual divorce?  I think I read something about polygamists where the husband just stops seeing one of the wives.  So, what happens then?  Can Kody just stop going by (which he has) and the other family members stop including her?  Then, can Meri try to find another banana to run away with?  Just wondering how it all really works?

Here's a link about their church/faith.  For the most part, they support LDS teachings.  They just also support polygamy. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_United_Brethren

4 hours ago, Normades said:

I wonder, too. Kody declared to the world they were not intimate and he wasn't interested in going there (which we all knew, duh, but he seemed more than happy to share that detail). And despite Meri appearing upset over said declaration, she's STILL THERE. 

And Kody/Janelle want to keep talking about their "outlaw" ancestors? Some of mine were bootleggers hauling booze around during prohibition. Almost everyone's got something in their family history that's "outlaw-y". I get perhaps he feels threatened, but Utah would be really pushing it if it messed with a family not involved in abuse. 

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The Inn must we just bulging with patrons according to the superlative ratings on Facebook.  However, they forgot to tell fans and relatives a) not to just post 5 stars without any explanations so it is obviously planted ratings, b) not to post virtually the same gushy review twice so that it's obvious it's from two people that were there together (the mother/daughter duo that apparently actually did stay there), c) tell another family member of the mother/daughter that posting another 5 star rating would be pretty obvious since he has the same last name, d) not to post 5 star reviews and then disclose that they haven't even stayed there but they might "like to" some day, e) not to post unctuous and totally false information such as how "wonderful" the food is when we know they only offer some buns in the morning.

And exact same obsequious review posted on B&B.com as on Facebook so obviously from the same woman.  None on TripAdvisor, none on Yelp.

Way to earn a living in the hospitality industry.  Get those sycophantic fans to post false reviews and hope nobody is smart enough to suss it out.

The fact that it is not on TripAdvisor or Yelp is telling. TA goes out of its way to find and remove false reviews, good and bad (and most B&Bs offer a full breakfast with continental option, that's the whole point). If a business is on TA long enough, you can see a good/bad/average trend emerge, even given false reviews that get overlooked by TA.

ETA: The old B&B WAS on TA and most businesses welcome honest reviews and learn from feedback. Guess Meri doesn't want to know what she can do differently or what people want. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

If a business is on TA long enough, you can see a good/bad/average trend emerge, even given false reviews that get overlooked by TA.

Absolutely. And travel advisers tell you to look askance at any place that has 100% positive reviews without any kind of rhetoric behind it.  For Pete's sake, two of the "reviewers" admit they've never been there and just want to go but gave it a superlative rating.  Who does that?  Wait, the Browns and their Band of Loyal Sycophants.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

My brother lost a house worth $250,000 - which I guess doesn't seem like much compared to what Meri paid for B&B, but it was all he had.  He lost HIS house for growing some marijuana plants in his basement - which is a federal crime. 

Property isn't seized just because the State or Feds want to. It is written into statute or regulation when property can be seized. It CAN be seized (but isn't always) when it is used in a commercial situation tied to an illegal activity. So if your brother had a quantity of pot that was large enough to sell in his house or he was actually caught selling, that is why the house was seized. The reason plygs could have their property seized is if they were conducting large-scale welfare fraud, like what the FLDS did in Colorado City at one of their warehouses/stores. Or Mr. Jeffs could lose his home where he was selling child brides to the Blackmore sect in Canada. It could be possible that Utah would seize a home where a family lived if there was horrific abuse, fraud and several under-age wives were living, just to prevent the family from moving back there after the case was settled, but I doubt they will in every case. I didn't see any of that language in the statue I read.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Property isn't seized just because the State or Feds want to. It is written into statute or regulation when property can be seized. It CAN be seized (but isn't always) when it is used in a commercial situation tied to an illegal activity. So if your brother had a quantity of pot that was large enough to sell in his house or he was actually caught selling, that is why the house was seized. The reason plygs could have their property seized is if they were conducting large-scale welfare fraud, like what the FLDS did in Colorado City at one of their warehouses/stores. Or Mr. Jeffs could lose his home where he was selling child brides to the Blackmore sect in Canada. It could be possible that Utah would seize a home where a family lived if there was horrific abuse, fraud and several under-age wives were living, just to prevent the family from moving back there after the case was settled, but I doubt they will in every case. I didn't see any of that language in the statue I read.

At the time marijuana wasn't legal in Colorado and I think you could have two plants if you had a medical card (which he does - he uses it for Hep C ).  I'm not sure how many plants he had - more than 2- but not a large commercial-type quantity.  He got off with probation - didn't serve any jail time - but his house was seized and sold.  My dad is in his 90's - the house was willed to my brother by his mother (my dad's) and he still hasn't gotten over that.   We always equated it to how Brock Turner rapes a girl and there are practically no repercussions but someone else (maybe a different... color?) rapes a girl and spends 25 years in prison.   Our justice system is skewed.   But I understand what you are staying... and I don't understand why Kody is such a drama-queen over this!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm not sure how many plants he had - more than 2- but not a large commercial-type quantity.

Yeah, when it comes to houses and drugs in larger quantities, the house loses, no matter what State you are in.

Kody can't help but be a drama queen. If he even glances towards Utah, he will be arrested. If a relative owns property, it will be seized because HE is a plyg. He has admitted on TV that he and Meri don't cohabitate anymore. They aren't legally married. That B&B will never be seized unless Meri does something illegal in it that falls under another forfeiture law.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think she was capable of purchasing it on her own.  I think she needed some TLC money for it, and for that she had to ask the rest of the family.  It is in her name only (and says "single woman") because paranoid Kody is worried that the state will seize the house.  And they DO that, too.

She's also using a subprime lender or at least the post-Dodd Frank equivalent of a subprime lender.  Meaning a very low down payment and not at many hoops to jump through.

• Love 1
On 3/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, Teri313 said:

I just watched the scene where Meri and Kody are with their therapist talking about their non-existent marriage. I know there are a few theories out there about the divorce. I always felt that Meri offered the divorce "for the kids," but that she didn't really think Kody would do it. I think she was trying to look selfless and self-sacrificing, but never really thought that she'd have to go through with it. When she invited Kody and Robyn to her house to offer the divorce and they basically jumped at it - Kody did anyway - I think she was shocked and soon realized that she screwed herself. There was no backing out of that offer. So they get the divorce and Kody and Robyn get married - no fanfare, no guests, a justice of the peace type deal with just the two of them. But where did that leave Meri? Even if they had a "spiritual" marriage when they got legally married, it seems that the divorce was enough of a blow - and it was obvious just watching Meri - that she felt let go. It might have been wise of them to at least have a vow renewal or something like that to give Meri some emotional security. But I guess at that point Kody didn't really care. He was all about Robyn. I just don't see them ever getting their marriage back.

I am solutely agree. I think you analyzed it perfectly. I have been saying than I thought Mari felt discarded and she was. And I have been saying that kody treated robyn like a new toy. She was the favorite and she is the favorite.  Now that they finally have said, or kody has said, that the have no marital relations -- Meri and kody --  The handwriting is on the wall. I thought that was tacky of him to announce it on some radio or pod cast. I really feel sorry for Meri.  I do not hate her like so many other people seem to in here.  I think she has not blended with some of the other women as well, I think she wanted more children and couldn't have them, I think Cody is totally insensitive, and now she has been discarded.  It is no wonder she was able to be catfished.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, antfitz said:

I think she has not blended with some of the other women as well...

Well, it's not as if she tried.  She was a total freaking witch to Janelle.  And that "poor downtrodden me" attitude was unlikely to help the blending either.  She played her cards poorly and has lost the game.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, antfitz said:

Now that they finally have said, or kody has said, that the have no marital relations -- Meri and kody --  The handwriting is on the wall. I thought that was tacky of him to announce it on some radio or pod cast.

Seriously!  If any of your husbands had done this, how would you feel?  ESPECIALLY if he was getting sex from three OTHER women - so didn't want you anymore!  I don't think he was being deliberately cruel, but that was SOOOO thoughtless and unkind!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think he was being deliberately cruel, but that was SOOOO thoughtless and unkind!

I think you give him too much credit.  I think he knew what he was doing.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Seriously!  If any of your husbands had done this, how would you feel?  ESPECIALLY if he was getting sex from three OTHER women - so didn't want you anymore!  I don't think he was being deliberately cruel, but that was SOOOO thoughtless and unkind!

2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I think you give him too much credit.  I think he knew what he was doing.

Whether he did it intentionally or not, that requires a level of mean-spiritedness, vindictiveness, cruelty, and inhumanity of which I am not possessed and struggle to understand. There are other things he could have said that did not rise to that level and still communicated the totality of the situation between them effectively and clearly. Even if there weren't other things he could have said to get his point across, it's more important to have care for and mercy upon other human beings (especially one to which you were married and with whom you share a child) than it is to explain to the world what your relationship with that person is.

• Love 13
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:17 AM, Kyanight said:

I don't think she was capable of purchasing it on her own.  I think she needed some TLC money for it, and for that she had to ask the rest of the family.  It is in her name only (and says "single woman") because paranoid Kody is worried that the state will seize the house.  And they DO that, too.

Of course it says single woman -- she is a single woman legally!  The government and banking industry do not recognize "spiritual marriage" for fucks sake!   

*not a slam on you @Kyanight - she just frustrates the shit outta me.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Of course it says single woman -- she is a single woman legally!  The government and banking industry do not recognize "spiritual marriage" for fucks sake!   

*not a slam on you @Kyanight - she just frustrates the shit outta me.

Well, technically, legally she is a divorced woman. Legally, a single woman is a woman who has never been married. For us "normals" (non-plyg), if you ask someone in her position what their relationship status is, they can opt for "divorced" or "single", but their legal status is "divorced".

Source: My brother-in-law's ex-wife tried to claim her legal status was "single" when applying for Wisconsin State benefits for needy families and nearly got herself thrown in jail for fraud over it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, my memory sucks at times...

That's ok. All of ours do sometimes. Hell, "unmarried" is a relationship status that I'd forgotten about. See? Now we're even! :D

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

At least they changed the way they phrase it.  When I bought my first house it said "a spinster" because I was in my 20's and unmarried.   I almost refused to sign it!

OMG seriously?! That's crazy!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Here's a thought.  Meri gets her own spin-off show about her adventures in running a b & b!

How Meri gets her groove back and finds a paramour in Parowan.

Could be more interesting than Mariah and Audrey, get engaged, get married and live happily ever after.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

How much do you want to bet she hasn't even set the wedding prices yet?  I smell an emergency meeting of the Brown brain trust.

Why didn't you know?  $5000 to rent the three bedrooms for a weekend.  Which is what - two nights?  What a bargain!  ::snort::

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Why didn't you know?  $5000 to rent the three bedrooms for a weekend.  Which is what - two nights?  What a bargain!  ::snort::

Pardon me, I shouldn't have been so "trite" as to "wing it."  :)  I was thinking more of the nitty-gritty when I said pricing.

So let's just say the price is $5000.  What does that include?  Does the B&B provide folding tables, chairs, an arbor, etc.?  If not, is there a limit to what sorts of furniture can be brought in?  Does the B&B make their kitchen available to caterers, and is it even large enough with the right tools for caterers to use?  What's the maximum capacity of the property, both staying in the rooms and how many guests can be set up outside?  What kind of decorations will they allow to be put up?  Are there noise ordinances in the neighborhood that would limit a DJ/band?  Is there a high season price and a different off-season price for those intrepid souls who prefer December weddings in Utah?  Is there an extra cleaning deposit or fee for these weekend long wedding parties?  Do Meri/Bonnie have any way of arranging extra off-site parking, if needed?  Etc etc etc.

I'm willing to bet that none of this has been hashed out.

• Love 8

Sorry, I am new to this site, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area. Did anyone catch the 3 wives 1 husband show on after SW on Sunday, the one with the rock people ?

I am not sure why they try so hard to sell us on this sister wives, we are there for each other kumbaya stuff, its clear as day these wives cant stand each other.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Pardon me, I shouldn't have been so "trite" as to "wing it."  :)  I was thinking more of the nitty-gritty when I said pricing.

So let's just say the price is $5000.  What does that include?  Does the B&B provide folding tables, chairs, an arbor, etc.?  If not, is there a limit to what sorts of furniture can be brought in?  Does the B&B make their kitchen available to caterers, and is it even large enough with the right tools for caterers to use?  What's the maximum capacity of the property, both staying in the rooms and how many guests can be set up outside?  What kind of decorations will they allow to be put up?  Are there noise ordinances in the neighborhood that would limit a DJ/band?  Is there a high season price and a different off-season price for those intrepid souls who prefer December weddings in Utah?  Is there an extra cleaning deposit or fee for these weekend long wedding parties?  Do Meri/Bonnie have any way of arranging extra off-site parking, if needed?  Etc etc etc.

No need for outside vendors at all, Meri could whip up centerpiece arrangements with painted applejuice tins and floral and fauna found in the ditch across the street.

She could beg Christine for Mock Tapioca and Mock Lasagna recipes, breakfast for the guests is easy with frozen cinnamon rolls, they could bring in Mykelti for expert advice on December outdoor weddings.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I didn't think of ANY of those things - and I would bet MONEY that none of the Browns gave any of that a thought!!!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Of course it hasn’t. They’re just waiting for the golden Apple to fall into their laps like this reality show did. They are enabled, entitled half wits sometimes. Just know that I don’t hate them but what do they expect from life? If they aren’t willing to do much for themselves (get a job with all those mouths to feed Cody), why do they expect the world is going to do it (provide endlessly) for them? That we are going to love them because they are golden haired gods on tv (their probable opinion not mine). Well. Let’s see what hair brained scheme they can come up with next. 

I’ll go sit in the corner now. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Sorry, I am new to this site, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area. Did anyone catch the 3 wives 1 husband show on after SW on Sunday, the one with the rock people ?

I am not sure why they try so hard to sell us on this sister wives, we are there for each other kumbaya stuff, its clear as day these wives cant stand each other.  

Yes, I saw it.  I thought the wives were gorgeous... not sure how any of those guys ended up with them.  My guess is that they came from strict fundamentalist polygamist backgrounds and were never allowed to date, etc.   Their fathers probably basically handed them off for marriage.  Otherwise.... (what the heck!???)

• Love 8
On 3/6/2018 at 2:24 AM, Gothish520 said:

Occasionally I stumble across one of those memes that I actually find interesting and helpful - this isn't one of them.

This type of stuff is one of the reasons I abandoned Facebook almost two years ago and haven't looked back.

What, you don't want to glean deep thoughts from your next-door neighbor or that woman you worked with five years ago but never got around to unfriending?? ;)

1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

How much do you want to bet she hasn't even set the wedding prices yet?  I smell an emergency meeting of the Brown brain trust.

Gonna be a hell of a quick meeting.

31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

No need for outside vendors at all, Meri could whip up centerpiece arrangements with painted applejuice tins and floral and fauna found in the ditch across the street.

Hey!  Those were actually cans of corn!  And they were already gray and Meri painted them a better gray while Janelle sat there befuddled and semi-comatose and it was a rilly big dill!  That's one of my favorite episodes and it actually saddens me that I remember it in such detail.  Off to rethink my priorities.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Hey!  Those were actually cans of corn!  And they were already gray and Meri painted them a better gray while Janelle sat there befuddled and semi-comatose and it was a rilly big dill!  That's one of my favorite episodes and it actually saddens me that I remember it in such detail.  Off to rethink my priorities.

At least you HAVE a favorite episode!  After all these years, I'm not sure I do.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

At least you HAVE a favorite episode!  After all these years, I'm not sure I do.

Poop Storm from the RV is my all time favorite.  Nothing will ever convince me that the boys didn't set that up.

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Poop Storm from the RV is my all time favorite.  Nothing will ever convince me that the boys didn't set that up.

That was gold for sure, or another where Kody is miserable with the flat tire fleeing the state of Utah, under the pretense of Polygamy instead of welfare fraud

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

as far as the kitchen goes, unless Meri has done some very expensive and extensive remodeling, I don't see a caterer being able to accomplish much. Note the tiny dishwasher next to the fridge.

http://victoria-s-bed-and-breakfast-parowan.ibooked.ca/

D5AC3F2E-068A-46AE-9DD6-B6A49D80D05B.jpeg

ABBAF38D-DE25-4A2F-9256-F3C18E09BA14.jpeg

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

as far as the kitchen goes, unless Meri has done some very expensive and extensive remodeling, I don't see a caterer being able to accomplish much. Note the tiny dishwasher next to the fridge.

http://victoria-s-bed-and-breakfast-parowan.ibooked.ca/

D5AC3F2E-068A-46AE-9DD6-B6A49D80D05B.jpeg

Just the right size for 5 cinnamon plates and 5 mugs.

Actually, I think it's a garbage compactor but why are the fridge and whatever that appliance is on brick platforms.  Maybe the appliance was designed as a built in and the platform raises it to counter height, but why would the fridge be raised.  Uneven floors?

• Love 3
Just now, Sandy W said:

Just the right size for 5 cinnamon plates and 5 mugs.

Actually, I think it's a garbage compactor but why are the fridge and whatever that appliance is on brick platforms.  Maybe the appliance was designed as a built in and the platform raises it to counter height, but why would the fridge be raised.  Uneven floors?

Ah you could be right. I lived in a studio apt that had a tiny dishwasher similar to whatever that is. 

1870 floors or maybe water damage?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I'd bet the farm that you are correct. Can't you picture Meri standing there with her mouth open scratching her head as she tries to get her pea brain in gear.  She isn't ready to answer any of those questions let alone one of them.  Maybe she'll contact Vicky who is laughing her way to the bank.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That's going to be a lonely and unproductive meeting. One brain cell isn't capable of much, especially when it's shared amongst five people and responsible for all of their autonomic functions.

15 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Well, that's not very fair. I mean, I know gambling is legal, but the house always wins. Everybody wants to be the house; this time, that's you. I'm taking my money and going home! :D

15 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

phew, I thought I heard a rumor the only thing spewing would be street taco's

No, no, no. Everyone would be spewing ... their lunch, that is. What's truly amazing is that no one is spewing their lunch by dint of being in his presence.

• Love 4