Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I actually got married at a B&B that had a weekend package (Briar Patch B&B Inn in Middleburg, VA). It cost about $14,000. But it was great. We stayed there with our immediate families and my husband's groomsmen and their wives since they were from out of town. We had the whole weekend to have fun with everyone, from Friday afternoon until check out at noon on Sunday. We love hanging out with our families so that was totally fine with us. They had a main house with like 6 small bedrooms (this place was also built in the 1800s), the eat-in kitchen for the bfasts, their office, and a sitting room with a TV and a couch. My husband and I stayed in the "bridal suite," which was a separate small cottage with a tiny kitchen, a living area, a tiny bathroom, and one bedroom. Then there was a new cottage that was reserved for the parents. They had a barn, a stable, and a separate building for the party room, which held 200 people. They also had a small swimming pool area. The tables, some decor, and the fancy chairs were included; however, we had to bring in our own caterer and buy our own alcohol, which was great because we were able to bring in some real moonshine.

It's a great concept, but the owners run that place impeccably and are very attentive to guests' needs. I don't see Meri "handling" all of that. It seems like a lot of work.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

So the whole sentimental journey thing is some altered reality in Meri's mind. Figures.  Maybe she'll have a picture painted of Lizzie with Meri in it as well like "it always should have been".

That is pretty much it.  When Meri started babbling about "I've always wanted to bring the house back into the family" no one really jumped in to say anything like yes, they understood this life long dream of hers...no one.... I think she may have thought it would be nice and all at some points in her life, but I don't think in any way that she has been pining for this house the way she is playing it up on camera.  Again...storyline...

It's like an old thing that was passed down in your family.  No one really wants it, but it's been in the family for generations and no one wants to be the one to get rid of it either, so it sits in someones house and is just this thing that has sat in the homes of your family members.  It might have sentimental meaning, it might not.  Meri has connected herself to a house that people she was related to owned.  A house her mother remembers visiting when she was young, but like others have mentioned, it was the house her Grandmother was raised in and was built by relations etc. It's not a grand house, and I agree with others, it is very cramped and short of space.

I have some kitchen things of my Grandmothers, many people wouldn't give them a second glance at a second hand flea market, but they have deep meaning to me.  A cutting board that my Grandfather cut from one of the trees their house was built with.  A slicer that I helped my grandmother make pickles and cut corn from the cob for most of my childhood every year.  I have her canning funnels, old cookie and biscuit cutters and a stock pot that is older than I am.  Nothing worth real money, but these things I used standing by her side my entire childhood and I don't put them up on a shelf, but I use them every day.  It's a little piece of my Grandmother still by my side cooking with me. They are real memories and cherished things, and they will go to my children because they are things they remember me always using.

Meri covets a house, a house with few memories and none of her own...just a desire to possess.  Like an insolent child who isn't interested in playing with the toy, just wants in in THEIR possession so no one else can say it's theirs. Grabbing it first and yelling ""MINE"" and then running around reminding everyone that they have it and no one else can get it.  Come ON, when she says she "wants it back in the family"...um...WHAT family!!??  She has all but turned her back on her real life family, her daughter has zero interest, so WHO is she trying to impress with the house??  Sisters?  Brothers? Half siblings?  Cousins?  WHO cares besides Meri??

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I almost hope that Anthony Melchiorri gets a whiff of this and does some undercover on Meri at the Inn of the Forefathers.

I'd like to see Gordon Ramsay do an episode of Hotel Hell there.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Don't forget, Parowan bills itself as having "The Best Cinnamon Rolls in the West"! Maybe Meri can buy a load of Cinnabons* on the way out of LV and serve those. Cut out the time having to bake.

*not saying that Cinnabons are the best. Meri/Bonnie could find a gillion recipes online and come up with there own "best".

I do know that Pioneer Woman recipe are fab since daughter in law made them.  I don't guess PW would fly them in ready for the oven?

3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

That is pretty much it.  When Meri started babbling about "I've always wanted to bring the house back into the family" no one really jumped in to say anything like yes, they understood this life long dream of hers...no one.... I think she may have thought it would be nice and all at some points in her life, but I don't think in any way that she has been pining for this house the way she is playing it up on camera.  Again...storyline...

It's like an old thing that was passed down in your family.  No one really wants it, but it's been in the family for generations and no one wants to be the one to get rid of it either, so it sits in someones house and is just this thing that has sat in the homes of your family members.  It might have sentimental meaning, it might not.  Meri has connected herself to a house that people she was related to owned.  A house her mother remembers visiting when she was young, but like others have mentioned, it was the house her Grandmother was raised in and was built by relations etc. It's not a grand house, and I agree with others, it is very cramped and short of space.

I have some kitchen things of my Grandmothers, many people wouldn't give them a second glance at a second hand flea market, but they have deep meaning to me.  A cutting board that my Grandfather cut from one of the trees their house was built with.  A slicer that I helped my grandmother make pickles and cut corn from the cob for most of my childhood every year.  I have her canning funnels, old cookie and biscuit cutters and a stock pot that is older than I am.  Nothing worth real money, but these things I used standing by her side my entire childhood and I don't put them up on a shelf, but I use them every day.  It's a little piece of my Grandmother still by my side cooking with me. They are real memories and cherished things, and they will go to my children because they are things they remember me always using.

Meri covets a house, a house with few memories and none of her own...just a desire to possess.  Like an insolent child who isn't interested in playing with the toy, just wants in in THEIR possession so no one else can say it's theirs. Grabbing it first and yelling ""MINE"" and then running around reminding everyone that they have it and no one else can get it.  Come ON, when she says she "wants it back in the family"...um...WHAT family!!??  She has all but turned her back on her real life family, her daughter has zero interest, so WHO is she trying to impress with the house??  Sisters?  Brothers? Half siblings?  Cousins?  WHO cares besides Meri??

And that's exactly what Kody is to her, something she wants because others have him. I really think if she had him and the other wives didn't care, she wouldn't want him anymore.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Normades said:

And that's exactly what Kody is to her, something she wants because others have him. I really think if she had him and the other wives didn't care, she wouldn't want him anymore.

Yep.

I think this is why the legal "paper only" marriage was truly such a big deal to Meri.  She had proof hanging on her wall that he was HERS and the other wives were just there because Meri had agreed to it, no matter how reluctant it was for her.  When the divorce happened and she no longer had that proof that he was legally >>HERS<< she pulled back and disconnected...then looked elsewhere.

I don't believe that she believes the faith one iota.  Sure, she was mostly raised in it, when confronted she will hide behind her faith, but she isn't feeling it deep down (where true faith comes from).  Christine is fully indoctrinated and Janelle thought long and hard and left her family and friends and LDS life behind to follow Kody and I believe that she has deep faith.  Robyn...I'm just not sure of.  I think Robyn wants the fantasy perks in some fantasy world bestowed upon her, but she certainly doesn't want to reciprocate those great gifts of the sister wife sisterhood.

• Love 7
On March 13, 2018 at 2:22 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

How much do you want to bet she hasn't even set the wedding prices yet?  I smell an emergency meeting of the Brown brain trust.

And here's hoping she gets an on slot of brides who will be bringing their own tacky ass decor and a taco truck arriving the night before to take up space to create those beauties and leaving big ole mess. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mariatm1978 said:

I actually got married at a B&B that had a weekend package (Briar Patch B&B Inn in Middleburg, VA). It cost about $14,000. But it was great. We stayed there with our immediate families and my husband's groomsmen and their wives since they were from out of town. We had the whole weekend to have fun with everyone, from Friday afternoon until check out at noon on Sunday. We love hanging out with our families so that was totally fine with us. They had a main house with like 6 small bedrooms (this place was also built in the 1800s), the eat-in kitchen for the bfasts, their office, and a sitting room with a TV and a couch. My husband and I stayed in the "bridal suite," which was a separate small cottage with a tiny kitchen, a living area, a tiny bathroom, and one bedroom. Then there was a new cottage that was reserved for the parents. They had a barn, a stable, and a separate building for the party room, which held 200 people. They also had a small swimming pool area. The tables, some decor, and the fancy chairs were included; however, we had to bring in our own caterer and buy our own alcohol, which was great because we were able to bring in some real moonshine.

It's a great concept, but the owners run that place impeccably and are very attentive to guests' needs. I don't see Meri "handling" all of that. It seems like a lot of work.

I got married at a B&B, too, but it was...actually set up for weddings. Like, it was impeccably clean, decorated to the nines, located near a big city but in a scenic area with a lovely, well-maintained yard. And the owners knew B&Bs and weddings inside and out, and they attended to my every question, even before I know I had a lot of them. Their rates were way more reasonable than $2500 a night. The food was plentiful and excellent.

So...not like Meri's B&B. Um...the opposite of that.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

And here's hoping she gets an on slot of brides who will be bringing their own tacky ass decor and a taco truck arriving the night before to take up space to create those beauties and leaving big ole mess. 

Well, they'll need the taco truck. All Meri has to offer are cinnamon buns. 

• Love 6

Meri seems to think owning her grandparent's house will make her happy.  I guess she'll find out the expensive way that it won't.  If you are unhappy with your life, you will still be unhappy with your life after the papers are signed and you are handed the keys.  Maybe even more unhappy because of the large mortgage payments.  

I think part of Meri's problem is depression/unhappiness, and part of Meri's problem is just jealousy. When they moved to Las Vegas, Meri had to have a house as large as her Sister Wives even though she only has one kid and doesn't need half that space.  Now Meri needs a second huge house for her mom to live in alone, and maybe occasionally to rent out to guests. Its about making sure the other wives know she is just as important as them, and getting as much as possible for herself. She had to make expensive meals for herself and Mariah while Christine's kids went without. Its how Meri operates, and it ain't gonna change now. 

I even think the whole divorce thing really was Meri's idea. I think she was toying with the idea of leaving the family, and even if she didn't, the divorce gives her a martyr thing to hold over Robyn's head and try to control her. Except Robyn appears to have gotten over any huge sympathy she ever had for Meri, so its not working. Everyone made Robyn out to be the bad guy, but I have a feeling that Meri was the mastermind of that all along.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

This whole story line would be a lot less tedious if we didn't already know the outcome!

Right? I'm ready to quit watching at this point. I quit MBFFL because of the ridiculousness, about ready to quit this one, too. Let's air what was filmed over a year ago! I get that it takes time to edit and all, but a few months after would be far more acceptable than waiting a YEAR to air. 

• Love 3

I don't understand what there is to do at that B&B if you went for a weekend.  I've read that the ski slopes are at least 1/2 hour away, which is pretty inconvenient, plus that's just wintertime activity.  Would anyone really want to hang around that place for a weekend with Meri??  Also, as another poster said, that place doesn't look like it has an area to store all your ski equipment, etc.  That stuff gets wet and nasty after a day of skiing and you need a place to wash things and hang them to dry.  I see no room for that.

I've read some comments about her hanging her marriage certificate on the wall.  Please tell me that's just snark and she really didn't do that. I've never heard of anyone ever doing that. If she did, it just shows how nasty and petty she is and how she held her legal marriage over everyone's heads because it would be especially vile in their situation.  I think her attitude is what makes Kody and the other wives have no problem calling her out and even embarrassing her now.  She held the cards and was nasty about it.  Now the chickens have come home to roost!!  Meri deserves all the nastiness she gets.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Normades said:

I don't understand what there is to do at that B&B if you went for a weekend.  I've read that the ski slopes are at least 1/2 hour away, which is pretty inconvenient, plus that's just wintertime activity.  Would anyone really want to hang around that place for a weekend with Meri??  Also, as another poster said, that place doesn't look like it has an area to store all your ski equipment, etc.  That stuff gets wet and nasty after a day of skiing and you need a place to wash things and hang them to dry.  I see no room for that.

I've read some comments about her hanging her marriage certificate on the wall.  Please tell me that's just snark and she really didn't do that. I've never heard of anyone ever doing that. If she did, it just shows how nasty and petty she is and how she held her legal marriage over everyone's heads because it would be especially vile in their situation.  I think her attitude is what makes Kody and the other wives have no problem calling her out and even embarrassing her now.  She held the cards and was nasty about it.  Now the chickens have come home to roost!!  Meri deserves all the nastiness she gets.  

I've been through there a few times and that town is small and unremarkable--except that apparently it is famous for its cinnamon buns (which Meri uses to her benefit because she clearly can't be bothered to provide a full breakfast). As a skier, I certainly would not want to be a half hour drive away from the slopes. I absolutely would not want to come back to Meri's drab old house lacking a ski bar, good food or hot tub. 

I can only imagine dedicated B&Bers or fans of Meri would want to stay there, but the problem is the breakfast aspect. Meri's place ought to be renamed "Bed and Bun". 

• Love 7

Y’all have my curiosity going. I’ve never tasted a Cinnabon. I guess I should put that on my bucket list. 

Meri seems to be writing her own surreal script in her head. Trouble is that I don’t think she’s capable of following her own plot. This B&B undertaking is beyond the scope of what I think she’s ready to do. If she pushes the delusions of grandeur and opens it I see her quitting shortly afterwards. I see her as lazy and ill equipped to handle the amount of work a place like that would take. The daily cleaning and laundry alone will get old fast. I’m all about her pursuing a dream but she needs to find one that is attainable and sustainable. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Y’all have my curiosity going. I’ve never tasted a Cinnabon. I guess I should put that on my bucket list. 

Meri seems to be writing her own surreal script in her head. Trouble is that I don’t think she’s capable of following her own plot. This B&B undertaking is beyond the scope of what I think she’s ready to do. If she pushes the delusions of grandeur and opens it I see her quitting shortly afterwards. I see her as lazy and ill equipped to handle the amount of work a place like that would take. The daily cleaning and laundry alone will get old fast. I’m all about her pursuing a dream but she needs to find one that is attainable and sustainable. 

It doesn't appear that Meri and Bonnie need to be concerned about being overworked.  Not sure how long the inn has been open, but so far there is only 1 review, written January 21 by an obvious fan.  You would think that they would be doing everything they could to elicit reviews from anyone that may stay there.  The big attraction for the area is the nearby ski facility, and the peak ski season has come and gone, leading me to believe that there may have been only that one guest so far, who probably stayed out of curiosity or a desire for a "brush with greatness" in the persona of Meri Brown.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Normades said:

No.  Not just snark.  I'm sure its a couple of pages back now, but I was just able to capture a screen cap and crop it out.  It's not real clear, but since the words "Marriage Certificate" are so large across the top it's obvious what it is.  It was many seasons ago when Meri was laid up after hurting her knee skiing with Kody.  Christine came to her (Meri was in her bed resting her knee) to talk about how to deal with Kody and Meri gave her the classic "only have fun with him, don't bother him with anything deep" kind of thing.  Keep sweet and all that.  The camera panned over some framed things on her wall next to her bed and the words "Marriage Certificate" were there. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Growing up we had this sugar bowl in my family, a taupe-brown melamine one with slightly curved handles. No markings on it and I don't know where it's from, but it was the only sugar bowl I remember us having. One day when I was older, my mother was cleaning out cabinets and I noticed the bowl in the trash. I said "You're throwing this out?!" She had gotten a glass one to replace it and was a bit surprised that I cared about the old one. I kept it and when I first moved out on my own, I used that sugar bowl exclusively for years. I now have a few others, but that bowl is still in the rotation. I would never dream of getting rid of it!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I think part of Meri's problem is depression/unhappiness, and part of Meri's problem is just jealousy. When they moved to Las Vegas, Meri had to have a house as large as her Sister Wives even though she only has one kid and doesn't need half that space.  Now Meri needs a second huge house for her mom to live in alone, and maybe occasionally to rent out to guests. Its about making sure the other wives know she is just as important as them, and getting as much as possible for herself. She had to make expensive meals for herself and Mariah while Christine's kids went without. Its how Meri operates, and it ain't gonna change now. 

I even think the whole divorce thing really was Meri's idea. I think she was toying with the idea of leaving the family, and even if she didn't, the divorce gives her a martyr thing to hold over Robyn's head and try to control her. Except Robyn appears to have gotten over any huge sympathy she ever had for Meri, so its not working. Everyone made Robyn out to be the bad guy, but I have a feeling that Meri was the mastermind of that all along.

I feel the same way, I still think the divorce was Meri's idea. I just can't see why she would go along with pretending that it was her idea if it wasn't. But Kody and Robyn were certainly happy about it and took advantage of the opportunity. They couldn't hide their joy when they got legally married. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I feel the same way, I still think the divorce was Meri's idea. I just can't see why she would go along with pretending that it was her idea if it wasn't. But Kody and Robyn were certainly happy about it and took advantage of the opportunity. They couldn't hide their joy when they got legally married. 

I also agree with it being Meri's idea, probably based on the fact of money, how they could get more because of dependents. Then Meri was the unselfish one, however, I think she was planting the seed for her escape with Sam in a sense, setting herself up to be out of there quick. Apparently Sam was a successful businessman with money  scammer, so she could walk from the cult-de-sac & track home . Then the rug was pulled out from under her, she scrambled to get back into good graces with family, they weren't buying it, then she claimed victim on the catfishing, relationship with Cody and the need to have something from the fambily to make her complete again

image.png.edbd19ea472a2a686ab94250c813007f.png

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.edbd19ea472a2a686ab94250c813007f.png

If you are going to start dragging out Meri's "please f**k me, Sam" pics, I'm going to have to stock up on barf bags next to the computer again. Went through that once before during The Great Catfish Caper. ;)

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

If you are going to start dragging out Meri's "please f**k me, Sam" pics, I'm going to have to stock up on barf bags next to the computer again. Went through that once before during The Great Catfish Caper. ;)

Ha, I will make sure I send you the triple ply ones 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Everyone made Robyn out to be the bad guy, but I have a feeling that Meri was the mastermind of that all along.

I think it upset Janelle for the money reason, they only had her and Kody working full time.  Taking on 4 more people to support and Robyn never worked.  Plus they had to up and leave, with Kody and Janelle cashing in their retirement accounts in order to cover the move and rentals.  I think it crushed Christine's soul, because it changed the dynamic between her and Kody.  Then when she found out that he picked out Robyn's dress, she walked off the set.  It was three days later when they were finally able to finish filming that segment.

• Love 7
On 3/15/2018 at 3:25 PM, Sandy W said:

I did a bit of checking, the Mormons do keep impeccable records and this is what I found...

Charles Adams, Meri's great great grandfather, born 1843, died 1927, Parowan (probably the one who built the house)

William Leech Adams,(b.1879, d. 1959) son of Charles, married Lizzie Watson -  Meri's great grandparents, lived in Parowan

Joyce Adams Osborn Evans, daughter of William and Lizzie born 1921 married William Barber, in Parowan, Meri's grandparents

William Barber Jr. (b. 1942 d. 2007) married Bonnie Ahlstrom (one of 5 wives), Meri's parents

Meri born 1971

It was late when I went to the site last night, so I probably have some omissions, but that gives the gist of ownership.

Bonnie and William Barber Jr. (Meri's parents) probably never lived in the house and I do recall Bonnie saying she visited the home as a child.  So it appears that Meri had never set foot in that house until she was caught in the snare of the B&B owner.

So....... Who in Meri's family sold the house to Victoria and why?

31 minutes ago, B3cky50 said:

I don't think it's been established how long Victoria has owned the house and it could well be as Kohola3 said, there could have been several families that lived there since Meri's ancestors.

If that was the case, Meri's family vibes may have departed with previous owners.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh if I'm sick of Meri and I only see/listen to her one night a week can you imagine how the family feels!

They're probably filling like I do, and tired of catering to her, and having to dill with her fillings.  

I know, I'd have been out of there, TLC money or not.  Then again, I never imagined wanting to share Mr. Xword with anyone.  FTS.

• Love 8

One of the strangest things to me is that they are not true sister wives.  They don't share child care or meals.  Each live in their mc mansions and share Kody.  I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Meri has made it very clear she's not babysitting or cooking meals except for Mariah and herself.  As Christine said Meri brings a lot of baggage when she enters a room!

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

One of the strangest things to me is that they are not true sister wives.  They don't share child care or meals.  Each live in their mc mansions and share Kody.  I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.

Well, yeah, that IS how it's supposed to work. The majority of plyg families live in separate homes and live separate lives. The ones that live together share large homes and have their own floors or sections and still live separately. There are some families that share childcare. TV plygs are trying to sell polygamy as one big happy family, so we see highly scripted shows that throw everyone together. The only realistic thing I have seen is the kids all acting as siblings. 

Polygamy really is all about a guy running from house to house, getting laid.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Well, yeah, that IS how it's supposed to work. The majority of plyg families live in separate homes and live separate lives. The ones that live together share large homes and have their own floors or sections and still live separately. There are some families that share childcare. TV plygs are trying to sell polygamy as one big happy family, so we see highly scripted shows that throw everyone together. The only realistic thing I have seen is the kids all acting as siblings. 

Polygamy really is all about a guy running from house to house, getting laid.

Yep!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, B3cky50 said:

There was one other owner in between the last Adams and Mr/Mrs Vickie. 

The Adams family (lol) sold the house to someone outside the family in 1988.

Vickie and hubby acquired it in 2002 for around $110k if I'm reading the site correctly. 

• Love 1
On 3/19/2018 at 8:38 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Meri has made it very clear she's not babysitting or cooking meals except for Mariah and herself.  As Christine said Meri brings a lot of baggage when she enters a room!

If Meri's emotional issues could be likened to one thing, it would be that of a hoarder: She refuses to offload it by not admitting to any wrong-doing, so there it sits in a trash pit of accumulation. 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

There was one other owner in between the last Adams and Mr/Mrs Vickie. 

The Adams family (lol) sold the house to someone outside the family in 1988.

Vickie and hubby acquired it in 2002 for around $110k if I'm reading the site correctly. 

OMG!!!!   Didn't she sell it to Meri for almost $350k???   

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

OMG!!!!   Didn't she sell it to Meri for almost $350k???   

Ohhh, but don't forget that Meri bought it lock, stock and barrel.  Dated appliances, soiled ghost chair, doilies and dollar store tchotkes.

Victoria is laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Ohhh, but don't forget that Meri bought it lock, stock and barrel.  Dated appliances, soiled ghost chair, doilies and dollar store tchotkes.

Victoria is laughing all the way to the bank.

Plus, Victoria was able to sell it as a business, not just a home. And I'm sure that's exactly why she sold it as a business, so she could jack up the price.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

If Meri's emotional issues could be likened to one thing, it would be that of a hoarder: She refuses to offload it by not admitting to any wrong-doing, so there it sits in a trash pit of accumulation. 

This comment really resonated with me and I've been mulling it over.  I'm not a psychologist, nor do I even play a therapist on tv, but I'd say we've seen some of the "physical" or outward traits of hoarding as well.  

SO many of Meri's plotlines have revolved around what she wants, and how she cajoles and manipulates others to get what she wants.  ("If I can have the wet bar I'll host all the family parties, guys!"  "A B&B would give your mom something to do, Christine."  "You really should meet Cheryl for the sake of your own healing, Mariah.")  She latches onto the shiny new flavor of the week like a pitbull, and I strongly believe this behavior comes from trying to fill* an emotional void, but it happens over and over and over.  She has stuffed her giant house with "nicer things" and tchotchkes on every surface (they've all done that, really) but is not satisfied.  It's not working for her, and it's frustrating the rest of the fambly.

And I think you're right that we saw emotional hoarding in this past episode.  Their messages were both buried in psychobabble, but I think Christine was genuinely trying to reach out to Meri to improve their relationship and Meri could not give anything back, not even to simply explain what "upset" means to her  - which you'd think would be helpful in defending her position when she herself chose that word to be a bone of contention.  

I'll be honest - I've never really liked Meri, but there definitely have been moments when I've had extreme sympathy for her and I'd like her to be able to do the emotional work to achieve whatever will bring her happiness in her life.  If she's truly done with this crowd and wants to break free, I hope she does it.  If she really does feel left out and wants to repair relationships with Kody and the wives, then I hope she does it.  If she just wants to hang around to whine and milk $$$ from the production, well, then maybe she deserves the villain edit she seems to be getting.     

* It's really weird to write "fill" and mean it, not feel.  The Browns are messing with my mind!

• Love 16

I think Meri engages in another kind of emotional hoarding also.  She hoards her grievances and perceived wrongs and slights.  She has never been easy going about letting anything flow by her.  She latches on and collects anything that doesn't seem to be a compliment.

• Love 23