Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Agree that Meri needs to ditch the mustard yellow - a nice deep pink/red or royal blue would help tone down the sallowness. As would an ash-toned hair color vs that brassy blonde. Picture her with light or medium ash brown hair and a magenta top - world of difference!

Chick with the pink dress - if your clothes are clingy, please wear a seamless bra.

The dress looks better on Meri's friend - but those pastel colors aren't helping anyone. With her dark hair, a deep jewel-tone would look much more flattering.

Yes! Been thinking that for years. All Meri needs to do is go to her nearest Sally Beauty, pick up some Wella Color Charm toner and she'd be on the road to ash-toned hair. It would really be an improvement, especially with her skin tone.

Just tryin' to help, Meri. 

• Love 6

The mistake Meri is making is that she is trying to dye her hair the same color it naturally was when she was 20 years old. But that color doesn't suit her any longer. As you age you need to adapt your color to your changing complexion and hairstyle and ... everything.  

By now she should be plugged into an ashy champagne blonde with a few low lights and leave that gingery-red stuff that just looks brassy on her on the shelf! 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The mistake Meri is making is that she is trying to dye her hair the same color it naturally was when she was 20 years old. But that color doesn't suit her any longer. As you age you need to adapt your color to your changing complexion and hairstyle and ... everything.  

By now she should be plugged into an ashy champagne blonde with a few low lights and leave that gingery-red stuff that just looks brassy on her on the shelf! 

She should also ditch the tanners or whatever she is using on her face for that orange glow, it just draws attention to the brown tooth.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Those horrible leggings must be a thing now-there is a kiosk in my local mall that sells ugly print leggings (not Lularoe) and there are people lined up buy leggings with sparkly kittens and flying saucers on them! I agree Meri looks happy in the picture. I wish she and Kody would just call it quits. In regard to the catfish stuff: I don't agree Meri cheated ( and don't want to rehash or argue about that) but if she did and Kody agreed to still be 'married', they need to move beyond that. If your spouse cheats and you decide to stay married, you can't continue to bring it up and expect to have a happy marriage. 

I honestly don't see Kody as being close to or happy with any of his wives. Janelle and Christine seem medicated to me, Meri looks depressed and Robyn seems like she is gathering up help from her family to possibly leave one day. 

This requires the person who committed the transgression to be honest, admit their transgression, and take ownership of it. Meri is 0 for 3, and I can't blame Kody for not moving beyond it. Of course, if it were me, there would be much more dire consequences; I would probably have simply cut Meri loose.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

This requires the person who committed the transgression to be honest, admit their transgression, and take ownership of it. Meri is 0 for 3, and I can't blame Kody for not moving beyond it. Of course, if it were me, there would be much more dire consequences; I would probably have simply cut Meri loose.

Figuratively, he did cut her loose, but Meri keeps swimming around the empty line, hoping to get snagged and landed back in the Love Boat.

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Figuratively, he did cut her loose, but Meri keeps swimming around the empty line, hoping to get snagged and landed back in the Love Boat.

You mean she's trolling chatrooms and message boards?!??  (Ha ha, couldn't resist!)

• Love 7

Her trolls on twitter are just horrible, one had a harassment restraining order charged against her (dropped) but still continues harassing people on twitter and taking it into real life stalking. The catfish had her Lindsay twitter suspended for tweeting info (address) about the woman who pressed charges on her. The entire thing is crazy. If meri were truly wanting to help victims she would take her legal team and shut Jacksam down, she just wanted the story line/ratings. Sad state of mustard yellow 

On 2/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, Kohola3 said:

Yep, nothing says LuLaNo like a man's face in your crotch.

Or a catfish's?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

This requires the person who committed the transgression to be honest, admit their transgression, and take ownership of it. Meri is 0 for 3, and I can't blame Kody for not moving beyond it.

I totally agree. And it extends far beyond just Kody...I think there's some lingering resentment from her sister wives, and from Mariah, because Meri wouldn't own up to ANY of the 3 things you mentioned. Hell, even viewers might even respect her a bit more if she owned up to it, instead of STILL, after all this time, playing the "victim" of the evil catfisher. Yes, JO is an evil and dangerously disturbed person - no question about that. But Meri refuses to own up to the actions she took when she believed she was interacting with a man.

It's very difficult to forgive a person who won't admit they did anything wrong. She doesn't have to admit to "cheating", but she could at least say to her family "the conversations I had were inappropriate, they caused you to be embarrassed, and I'm sorry." But she just won't do it.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I totally agree. And it extends far beyond just Kody...I think there's some lingering resentment from her sister wives, and from Mariah, because Meri wouldn't own up to ANY of the 3 things you mentioned. Hell, even viewers might even respect her a bit more if she owned up to it, instead of STILL, after all this time, playing the "victim" of the evil catfisher. Yes, JO is an evil and dangerously disturbed person - no question about that. But Meri refuses to own up to the actions she took when she believed she was interacting with a man.

It's very difficult to forgive a person who won't admit they did anything wrong. She doesn't have to admit to "cheating", but she could at least say to her family "the conversations I had were inappropriate, they caused you to be embarrassed, and I'm sorry." But she just won't do it.

Completely agree with your post, especially the bold part. Her conversations were at least inappropriate and she should take responsibility for her part in that.

• Love 10
On February 14, 2018 at 9:35 PM, tabloidlover said:

She really should not shop for her own shoes.   They are always ass ugly and they never match the look she is going for.  

I think those are the kind of shoes lulu actually encourages everyone to wear with the outfits. The models are always photographed in those kind of clodhoppers with the flowing, shapeless vests and flowered sloppy dresses. 

I actually think this cruise think is great marketing. I bet Meri makes a lot of sales from her posts, and the cruise would sound appealing to a lot of people. Women in a sisterhood, wearing fun new clothes, on a fun cruise, accepting one another and having a great time doing it. I think there are tons of lonely people who would find this whole pitch very desirable...it's very aspirational..."make great new loving friends, make a lot of money from home, look great doing it, go on a cruise!" Throw in Meri propagandizing that all of this fabulosity is because she now hocks lulu, and I can see many people wanting to get in on it. She wears these rags relentlessly. She should have worn all the ugly sisterwives joory during the height of the website opening. They all should have! They have a free commercial every week via their train wreck show. That would reach all their sycophants. That's how you market a product. Maybe even done a sisterwives cruise...I bet the cruise ship would give them a percentage from the losers that booked it through sisterwives....

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

...I bet the cruise ship would give them a percentage from the losers that booked it through sisterwives....

Or at the very least give Meri free passage for bringing all her baggage (family...but I liked the rhyme).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

There has to be a pharmaceutical explanation for these "designers" to dream up these hideous, ugly-ass prints that I would not even wear in my house!  

LOL, absolutely!!! This stuff is so fugly I wouldn't even wear it as pajamas.

You know how sometimes you see people at the grocery store and they are obviously wearing their pajamas and slippers in public? Well, LuLaNo is actually making those people look stylish!

A whole cruise ship full of them would burn my retinas beyond repair.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

A whole cruise ship full of them would burn my retinas beyond repair.

I saw just one on a cruise, and I took a picture because it was the first LLR I'd seen by worn by a middle-aged person on a cruise ship.  If I continue to live a good life, maybe it will be the last.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

This has been my hypothesis on their strained relationship since this thing happened. Meri has never apologized for her part. All she's done is deflect blame--she was "tricked", you know? It's the elephant in the room and no one in that family is ever truly going to heal because Meri won't admit she played a big role in her relationship with Batsam. So who's fault is it? 

* It's "Sam's" fault

* It's Kody's fault, he'd been distant

* It's the family's fault

But then she said she was "protecting" the family by "staying away", I just can't with her. I actually would respect her more if she owned up to it, but she never will. Her life, her lies, her unhappiness. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I saw just one on a cruise, and I took a picture because it was the first LLR I'd seen by worn by a middle-aged person on a cruise ship.  If I continue to live a good life, maybe it will be the last.

I saw that pic you posted....arghhhhh! You poor thing. Here's hoping it's the last time it happens to you!

LuLaNo is the worst fashion trend I've seen in a looooong time...and in junior high, I lived through stirrup pants. If LuLaNo is "female empowerment" and "living your why", I'll continue to live without empowerment and live my "won't", thank you very much.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

This has been my hypothesis on their strained relationship since this thing happened. Meri has never apologized for her part. All she's done is deflect blame--she was "tricked", you know? It's the elephant in the room and no one in that family is ever truly going to heal because Meri won't admit she played a big role in her relationship with Batsam. So who's fault is it? 

* It's "Sam's" fault

* It's Kody's fault, he'd been distant

* It's the family's fault

But then she said she was "protecting" the family by "staying away", I just can't with her. I actually would respect her more if she owned up to it, but she never will. Her life, her lies, her unhappiness. 

Another bullet point!!  Don't forget that she also blamed her social media fans for being caught in the catfish trap!!  After the divorce they were all telling her to run run away and get out of there...so literally everyone else is at fault.  Except. You know...Meri!!

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

But then she said she was "protecting" the family by "staying away", I just can't with her.

OMG yes, this may have been the part that floored me the most (and there were so many things to be floored about) - protecting the family by staying away? BS. She was pulling away because she was preparing to leave with what she thought was her handsome millionaire.

Anyone who can twist that into "I was protecting you" has some serious mental issues to overcome. 

Perhaps the scariest part of her behavior is I sometimes think she actually believes her own lies.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Perhaps the scariest part of her behavior is I sometimes think she actually believes her own lies.

At her level of reordering her past memories so that she is in no way to blame...yes.  She has to.

The old saying,  Tell a lie long enough and it becomes truth.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I saw that pic you posted....arghhhhh! You poor thing. Here's hoping it's the last time it happens to you!

LuLaNo is the worst fashion trend I've seen in a looooong time...and in junior high, I lived through stirrup pants. If LuLaNo is "female empowerment" and "living your why", I'll continue to live without empowerment and live my "won't", thank you very much.

I don't  know, I think the "style  " of men/boys wearing  their pants half  way down their bu** is beyond  the pale .Drives me nuts  every time I see it.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't  know, I think the "style  " of men/boys wearing  their pants half  way down their bu** is beyond  the pale .Drives me nuts  every time I see it.

Ha, yes that's pretty bad too. My Dad used to say they were wearing their pants at half mast.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Whenever I see people at the mall with their jeans all ripped and almost showing their "naughty bits," I'm tempted to say to them (with a really sad face) "Oh you poor thing . . . having to wear those really worn out jeans.  You must be SO POOR if that's all you can afford."

So far, I have refrained, as I am old and can't run.

2 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Ha, yes that's pretty bad too. My Dad used to say they were wearing their pants at half mast.

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.

You're lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Whenever I see people at the mall with their jeans all ripped and almost showing their "naughty bits," I'm tempted to say to them (with a really sad face) "Oh you poor thing . . . having to wear those really worn out jeans.  You must be SO POOR if that's all you can afford."

So far, I have refrained, as I am old and can't run.

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground.

You're lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground."

Cut off jean shorts that look like bikini bottoms with pockets that go 6 inches longer and a giant cell phone shoved in them is my fav trend. 

Now I have that song stuck in my head!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Oh my God, yes. I'm very fortunate that these individuals don't end up spending much time in my presence. If they did, I would probably fail my save against pulling their pants down. It's an almost irresistible urge as it is.

Edited by MrSmith
Forgot which thread I was in...
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Oh my God, yes. I'm very fortunate that these individuals don't end up spending much time in my presence. If they did, I would probably fail my save against pulling their pants down. It's an almost irresistible urge as it is.

My urge in the past was to have scissors and cut off those Gawd awful rat tails!  The guys had short hair and then a foot long strand of hairs hanging down in back.  EGADS!!   Just the memory is making my hands reach out for scissors!!!

• Love 8
On 2/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

My sister told me yesterday that she was shopping at Goodwill and came across a Luluroe item. She got to chatting with the cashier who told her they are receiving huge dumps of unworn clothing as the dealers go out of business one after another. 

Which reminds me, a few months ago in Edmonds, WA I saw a bus - like, a lovely tour bus - professionally and very attractively wrapped to advertise a particular LLR distributor. I wonder if she just made a huge initial investment with high hopes or if she actually is/was wildly successful. 

I know Goodwill is where my gifted brand new LuLaRoe Disney shirt went.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I know Goodwill is where my gifted brand new LuLaRoe Disney shirt went.  

It really baffles me that some women are scrambling to get LuLaNo, practically fighting over it and thinking they've made some big score when they get the piece they want...while most of us on this board think it's not only overpriced and poor quality, but HIDEOUS. 

Guess I'll just have to chalk it up as one more thing in the world that I'll never understand!

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

It really baffles me that some women are scrambling to get LuLaNo, practically fighting over it and thinking they've made some big score when they get the piece they want...while most of us on this board think it's not only overpriced and poor quality, but HIDEOUS. 

Guess I'll just have to chalk it up as one more thing in the world that I'll never understand!

Same here.  I don’t know anyone who wears or sells it, but if those pictures above of the scary faces are representative, I have no words. 

I should clarify that right now I’m wearing a 25-year-old Pearl Jam T-shirt with a hole in the armpit and a pair of my husband’s sweatpants, so I am in no position to judge. 

Edited by Jazzhands
  • Love 9

I get butter soft leggings from Amazon for $10 to $12 and they come in sedate black and navy and easily wearable and washable.  The same company is now making solid tunics.  :)

I can't get onboard with loud and ridiculous print leggings for anything more than hide in the house wear and I have plenty of old clothes for that to need pricey leggings.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

Same here.  I don’t know anyone who wears or sells it, but if those pictures above of the scary faces are representative, I have no words. 

I should clarify that right now I’m wearing a 25-year-old Pearl Jam T-shirt with a hole in the armpit and a pair of my husband’s sweatpants, so I am in no position to judge. 

That sounds A LOT more attractive than LuLaNo to me! The crap Meri's selling seems like ugly pj's, nightgowns, and robes that people have decided it's ok to wear out in public.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

That sounds A LOT more attractive than LuLaNo to me! The crap Meri's selling seems like ugly pj's, nightgowns, and robes that people have decided it's ok to wear out in public.

I am so over seeing people going out in their pajamas. Do they actually think that it is stylish? 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I am so over seeing people going out in their pajamas. Do they actually think that it is stylish? 

Absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm not saying that we should go back to the days of women wearing dresses and gloves and men wearing topcoats and fedoras (although I do love a nice fedora!), but can't people take a little pride in their appearance? 

People-watching at the local mall is hilariously sad - flannel pj's, slippers, mismatched ill-fitting clothes. Skin tight tops and jeggings that highlight every roll and bulge, tights worn as pants with short tops, many that are see through to reveal the wearer's panties - or lack thereof. Why people, WHY? It's to the point where someone wearing a pair of jeans and simple t shirt or sweatshirt looks like a fashion plate.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

I get butter soft leggings from Amazon for $10 to $12 and they come in sedate black and navy and easily wearable and washable.

I do too. And I follow the cardinal rule of leggings...wear something LONG WITH THEM. They are not pants. So many people just don't seem to get that. Someone upthread posted a pic showing the "private area" and "public domain" of leggings - in other words, cover your behind etc when wearing leggings. I'm so sick of seeing people wearing leggings paired with tight shirts that hit at the waist. NO, people! Call the fashion police! ;-)

I saw someone at a restaurant in white leggings with a short shirt paired with them. She did not have the most toned behind and upper legs...so it ended up looking like someone had pranked her and stuffed a couple handfuls of cottage cheese in her pants. I lost my appetite!

If I can see your skin texture and cellulite, you are not properly covered...ugh. Buy a tunic, for the sake of us all! And not just something the manufacturer calls a tunic, make sure it's long enough to be called a tunic.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Sasha888 said:

I do too. And I follow the cardinal rule of leggings...wear something LONG WITH THEM. They are not pants. So many people just don't seem to get that. Someone upthread posted a pic showing the "private area" and "public domain" of leggings - in other words, cover your behind etc when wearing leggings. I'm so sick of seeing people wearing leggings paired with tight shirts that hit at the waist. NO, people! Call the fashion police! ;-)

I saw someone at a restaurant in white leggings with a short shirt paired with them. She did not have the most toned behind and upper legs...so it ended up looking like someone had pranked her and stuffed a couple handfuls of cottage cheese in her pants. I lost my appetite!

If I can see your skin texture and cellulite, you are not properly covered...ugh. Buy a tunic, for the sake of us all! And not just something the manufacturer calls a tunic, make sure it's long enough to be called a tunic.

AMEN!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:
13 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm not saying that we should go back to the days of women wearing dresses and gloves and men wearing topcoats and fedoras (although I do love a nice fedora!), but can't people take a little pride in their appearance? 

Can't like these two quotes enough!!!! And you hit on exactly what I think when I see these people...my first thought is always "Don't you have ANY self respect? At all? Even a little?"

Going out in your pj's makes me think you have just completely given up on life. And it's not just stores, it's restaurants, etc also! 

Saw someone in pj's in a restaurant once when I was out with my parents...my Dad's eyes bugged out and Mom and I were all but reaching out to cover Dad's mouth! He tended to share his opinions pretty openly, and unfortunately quite loudly as well because he was a bit hard of hearing. He didn't say anything, thank goodness. Although if he had, who is really in the wrong there? The person who is so stunned they say "Oh my God!" with a shocked look on their face, or the person wearing PAJAMAS in a restaurant? ;-) 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Bunkerdown said:

Does anyone know if it's illegal to use pictures of someone else's children's picture and pretend on social media they are your kids? I know someone may not know, just wondering 

A lot of people I know are very defensive of their children’s images and would be horrified to learn that their child was being used as anyone elses child. I don’t know if it’s illegal, but some people (think movie/tv stars) are very protective. If you look at images of Bradley Cooper, for instance, where he is carrying their child. They have pixelated the childs face as he is absolutely against his child’s identity being public. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bunkerdown said:

Does anyone know if it's illegal to use pictures of someone else's children's picture and pretend on social media they are your kids? I know someone may not know, just wondering 

This is a hotly debated issue. Laws vary based on where you are. And interpretation of those laws vary based on what lawyer you talk to. My info may be outdated since I have not looked into the law in a bit and internet related things can sometimes change rapidly!

If some one takes the picture from social media, and uses it as their own, in some places they are breaking the law with copyright infringement. 

Taking pictures of someone else’s kid in a public place, is only illegal in a handful of states. 

Pretending to be a fictional person, or impersonating real online is not illegal. But, many of the actions that are taken to achieve this (copyright infringement), or as a result (fraud), are. 

Edited by Meghzie
Autocorrect and clarification
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

I get butter soft leggings from Amazon for $10 to $12 and they come in sedate black and navy and easily wearable and washable.  The same company is now making solid tunics.  :)

I can't get onboard with loud and ridiculous print leggings for anything more than hide in the house wear and I have plenty of old clothes for that to need pricey leggings.

What brand are they?   You can't just tease me like that!   Washable leggings that don't pill or fade are harder to come by.   Although I picked up a pair of black Hanes leggings in the socks department at CVS and they are much nicer than I thought they'd be.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Can't like these two quotes enough!!!! And you hit on exactly what I think when I see these people...my first thought is always "Don't you have ANY self respect? At all? Even a little?"

Going out in your pj's makes me think you have just completely given up on life. And it's not just stores, it's restaurants, etc also! 

Saw someone in pj's in a restaurant once when I was out with my parents...my Dad's eyes bugged out and Mom and I were all but reaching out to cover Dad's mouth! He tended to share his opinions pretty openly, and unfortunately quite loudly as well because he was a bit hard of hearing. He didn't say anything, thank goodness. Although if he had, who is really in the wrong there? The person who is so stunned they say "Oh my God!" with a shocked look on their face, or the person wearing PAJAMAS in a restaurant? ;-) 

When my daughter was in college, she said some kids would come to school looking like they had just rolled out of bed and put on a jacket and shoes.  Still in their Pajamas.  But some of them were full time students and also worked full time jobs to help pay for school.  My daughter eventually dropped out because she didn't have the time to work and go to school full time.

• Love 3