Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

super_traci, come out, come out, wherever you are!  hahahaha, too funny!

Gawd, those pants!  Oh shit, nothing like a LOUD print to make one's ass look HUGE.  These women are nuts.

I swear I saw someone at the mall yesterday in those heart leggings.  Hubby and I were wearing our matching Valentine's Day t-shirts (don't judge).  Lady in heart leggings was walking towards us, got a big grin on her face and said, "I love your shirts!"  I smiled and said, "Thanks!"  After she was out of hearing distance I muttered, "Can't say the same for those ugly leggings you're wearing.  LulaRoe?"

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I swear I saw someone at the mall yesterday in those heart leggings.  Hubby and I were wearing our matching Valentine's Day t-shirts (don't judge).  Lady in heart leggings was walking towards us, got a big grin on her face and said, "I love your shirts!"  I smiled and said, "Thanks!"  After she was out of hearing distance I muttered, "Can't say the same for those ugly leggings you're wearing.  LulaRoe?"

She was fishing, had you reciprocated the compliment, no doubt you would have had a LLR business card thrust upon you.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I will agree that that she is trying out some new styles, her hair is 100% improvement and she does seem to have a genuine smile in the photos taken when she is away from the rest of the family.  With the exception of the movie night with Sol and Kody and when she is out on LLR biz., she appears downright miserable.

I'll give it a slight improvement. She might want to tell her stylist to try a better toner, however. Brassy hair has never been a thing and she should ditch what appears to be a dull razor cut. She probably does it because she has thin hair, but the cut just makes it look like shaggy thin hair.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I saw someone at the school bus stop yesterday morning wearing leggings with hearts (not LuLaNo). She was my granddaughter, and she’s 5.  ?

Isn't it amazing the fashion sins you can commit when you're a child? Not only that, but you're expected to commit them and doing so is actually desirable. LOL

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Ugly leggings seem to be a real "thing" these days. You can find them everywhere. Was this trend started by LuLaNo? Even my usually fashionable middle sister is buying them (from Walmart, no less!) in wacky holiday patterns. 

• Love 2

I ventured to see what the catfish was up to on twitter because I cannot bring myself to read her blog and low and behold her other personality is back @itsnotmyfault7 I am laughing and it hurts. Also the new catfish wife swiped a pic of some famous blogger to be the face behind Abby cooper. How is this person still pretending to be a guy? Also how come it cannot be stopped by someone?

6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

LOL, it would be interesting to know if there are any polygamists/mormons there.  

You made me ink!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I saw someone at the school bus stop yesterday morning wearing leggings with hearts (not LuLaNo). She was my granddaughter, and she’s 5.  ?

I bought myself some soft $8 leggings with St. PATTY'S day designs and colors to wear on weekends when I'm at home. Don't judge me.

13 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That water is gorgeous, though.  As a boring monogamist whose boring non-pyramid-scheme employer doesn't reward its employees with trips, I'll admit I'm momentarily jealous.

Me too. I wish I could travel as much as the reality television unemployed

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Bunkerdown said:

Me too. I wish I could travel as much as the reality television unemployed

Good point. I often wonder how they do it. I realize that they get promotional trips and their series might spring to send them places but some of them just have me scratching my head wondering how they get that much dosh to go and stay in these 4-5 Star places. Then there’s the eating and drinking costs. (I know Meri isn’t a drinker...comment was made more in general). 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Good point. I often wonder how they do it. I realize that they get promotional trips and their series might spring to send them places but some of them just have me scratching my head wondering how they get that much dosh to go and stay in these 4-5 Star places. Then there’s the eating and drinking costs. (I know Meri isn’t a drinker...comment was made more in general). 

It seems the budget TLC is willing to extend for trips is relevant to the ratings.  The last big family trip was Season 10, when they went to Hawaii and the accommodations there could be described as modest at best.  The "lodge" had cooking facilities and it seems the Brown's were expected to feed themselves, aside from the breakfast at the diner, without enough parking (provoking another madcap scene), there was the luau, where Kody declared that his Judaic beliefs involved abstinence from pork (provoking Logan to tell him to piss off).

Season 11 the only trip was for Maddie/Caleb wedding and the facilities were very nice.  This season, the trip was for Mykelti/Tony wedding and I didn't notice them featuring the accommodations they were staying in, only a brief interior shot when Kody was modelling the ponytail.

The writing is on the wall as far as TLC fronting their trips, Meri takes her frequent trips to Hawaii and Disney on her own dime, so they are not filmed.  I am still mulling over Janelle's Korean steam bath excursion and wondering if that was a facility in LV or if she actually traveled to Korea for the experience.  I would have paid to see that filmed.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I am still mulling over Janelle's Korean steam bath excursion and wondering if that was a facility in LV or if she actually traveled to Korea for the experience.  I would have paid to see that filmed.

There are spas in Las Vegas where they have Korean steam baths, and - if I read their website correctly - it does not require co-ed participation, although that is an option if customers prefer.

I would pay money NOT to see Janelle at a Korean steam bath.  Or any of the rest of them.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

It seems the budget TLC is willing to extend for trips is relevant to the ratings.  The last big family trip was Season 10, when they went to Hawaii and the accommodations there could be described as modest at best.  The "lodge" had cooking facilities and it seems the Brown's were expected to feed themselves, aside from the breakfast at the diner, without enough parking (provoking another madcap scene), there was the luau, where Kody declared that his Judaic beliefs involved abstinence from pork (provoking Logan to tell him to piss off).

Season 11 the only trip was for Maddie/Caleb wedding and the facilities were very nice.  This season, the trip was for Mykelti/Tony wedding and I didn't notice them featuring the accommodations they were staying in, only a brief interior shot when Kody was modelling the ponytail.

The writing is on the wall as far as TLC fronting their trips, Meri takes her frequent trips to Hawaii and Disney on her own dime, so they are not filmed.  I am still mulling over Janelle's Korean steam bath excursion and wondering if that was a facility in LV or if she actually traveled to Korea for the experience.  I would have paid to see that filmed.

I think TLC purposely sets a low budget for trips because they know it makes for better TV. 

I think Meri has only been to Hawaii once? She was there for the show filming then spent a little more time at her friend's house. Are there more? 

25 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think TLC purposely sets a low budget for trips because they know it makes for better TV. 

I think Meri has only been to Hawaii once? She was there for the show filming then spent a little more time at her friend's house. Are there more? 

I know she was visiting with her friend, Elisa Furr in Hawaii in March 2016, the episode where the Browns visited Hawaii was aired June 2016, it could have been the same trip as there is a lapse between filming and the date the program airs.

11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I know she was visiting with her friend, Elisa Furr in Hawaii in March 2016, the episode where the Browns visited Hawaii was aired June 2016, it could have been the same trip as there is a lapse between filming and the date the program airs.

It was the same trip. After filming she went to Elisa's for a few days and visited Pearl Harbor. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

The LLR owner/designer put their faces on their Christmas clothing last year... thought you’d all enjoy it. 

C142DEB4-F7B8-4E0D-A7D9-904A76B647F1.jpeg

0E528378-14FB-4494-9D21-61C6F97D23E7.jpeg

My brain went to a horrific place - it imagined FT in the pants with the man's face on them, in his usual 3 sizes and 30 tacos too small.  I need bleach now.  Whimpers

• Love 5

It almost looks like the pink and the turquoise dress are the same style, just different colors and - obviously - sizes.  One has a belt.  One does not.  Both are out of style. 

And Meri . . . you should take off your pajamas and bathrobe and run a comb through your hair before posing for a picture with the owners of the company.

6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Did they cover all the mirrors on the ship?

What's really sad is that these people think they look good in these clothes!!!!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, neh said:

Meri looks awfully happy in the photo.  She rarely looks that relaxed on the show...ever.

I noticed that too, especially the relaxed attitude.  Compare that to her demeanor in the TH, where she sits, eyes downcast, barely speaking and the constant bouncing leg. 

I'm sure she is in her element, away from the "family" and as she has enjoyed some degree of success with LLR, she is validated there and feels she counts for something.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Meghzie said:

That dress looks like one I was forced to wear as an 6 year old, and I cut the ruffle part of the sleeves off. 

Why does Meri insist on continuing to wear mustard yellow? Guess she's never seen the memo: It doesn't work with ruddy skin and brassy hair!

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I noticed that too, especially the relaxed attitude.  Compare that to her demeanor in the TH, where she sits, eyes downcast, barely speaking and the constant bouncing leg. 

I'm sure she is in her element, away from the "family" and as she has enjoyed some degree of success with LLR, she is validated there and feels she counts for something.

"Living her Why" or some such crap.  When will the MLM LulaNo bubble burst, I wonder?

Meri ought to move to Utah and help mama run her "ancestral home."  Surely she could have a wet bar put somewhere in that house.

• Love 6

That dress is so awful looking. Big old ruffles hanging from obvious horizontal seams, done in a knit that shows every bump and bulge ... it adds at least fifteen pounds to your appearance. It actually looks more like a nightgown, especially in the colors/pattern shown. But it is too ugly to even wear to bed. Those ruffles!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That dress is so awful looking. Big old ruffles hanging from obvious horizontal seams, done in a knit that shows every bump and bulge ... it adds at least fifteen pounds to your appearance. It actually looks more like a nightgown, especially in the colors/pattern shown. But it is too ugly to even wear to bed. Those ruffles!

Pepto Bismol dress. Nausea-heartburn-indigestion-upsetstomach-diarrhea.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 8

My sister told me yesterday that she was shopping at Goodwill and came across a Luluroe item. She got to chatting with the cashier who told her they are receiving huge dumps of unworn clothing as the dealers go out of business one after another. 

Which reminds me, a few months ago in Edmonds, WA I saw a bus - like, a lovely tour bus - professionally and very attractively wrapped to advertise a particular LLR distributor. I wonder if she just made a huge initial investment with high hopes or if she actually is/was wildly successful. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Living her Why" or some such crap.  When will the MLM LulaNo bubble burst, I wonder?

Meri ought to move to Utah and help mama run her "ancestral home."  Surely she could have a wet bar put somewhere in that house.

It’s definitely got a leak. People are jumping ship quickly. And the owners apparently are terrible people, with more than just terrible taste. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Agree that Meri needs to ditch the mustard yellow - a nice deep pink/red or royal blue would help tone down the sallowness. As would an ash-toned hair color vs that brassy blonde. Picture her with light or medium ash brown hair and a magenta top - world of difference!

Chick with the pink dress - if your clothes are clingy, please wear a seamless bra.

The dress looks better on Meri's friend - but those pastel colors aren't helping anyone. With her dark hair, a deep jewel-tone would look much more flattering.

• Love 6

Looks like Lizzie's has disappeared from VRBO and the only two reviews are still the gushy ones from the mother/daughter pair in January.  And this is the peak of the ski season where you'd assume they'd be getting some business.  Of course, if you go to VRBO there are tons of cheaper and more appealing places both in Parowan and closer to the ski area.

Guess we don't need to be too concerned about Granny being overworked with all that cooking and cleaning.

• Love 11

Those horrible leggings must be a thing now-there is a kiosk in my local mall that sells ugly print leggings (not Lularoe) and there are people lined up buy leggings with sparkly kittens and flying saucers on them! I agree Meri looks happy in the picture. I wish she and Kody would just call it quits. In regard to the catfish stuff: I don't agree Meri cheated ( and don't want to rehash or argue about that) but if she did and Kody agreed to still be 'married', they need to move beyond that. If your spouse cheats and you decide to stay married, you can't continue to bring it up and expect to have a happy marriage. 

I honestly don't see Kody as being close to or happy with any of his wives. Janelle and Christine seem medicated to me, Meri looks depressed and Robyn seems like she is gathering up help from her family to possibly leave one day. 

• Love 2