Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Meri is missing her dog.  Didn't she just get back from the cruise?  I wonder where she's trotted off to now.  

I think the dog lives with Mariah. 

Speaking of Mariah, it looks like she and Aubrey are still together. I wonder if any of the Brown kids have had a SO that they didn’t/aren’t marrying?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Meghzie said:

I wonder if any of the Brown kids have had a SO that they didn’t/aren’t marrying?

Well, the one dude that got the "swapping hormones" speech from Kadoofus certainly fled the scene.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Meri is missing her dog.  Didn't she just get back from the cruise?  I wonder where she's trotted off to now.  

Noooooo! Please let Moseby be found safe!!!  He is an adorable sweet little dog and by far my favorite character on the show.

1 hour ago, Meghzie said:

I think the dog lives with Mariah. 

Oh thank god is that what that tweet means????? I panicked.

Sorry. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, the one dude that got the "swapping hormones" speech from Kadoofus certainly fled the scene.

How did I forget about that?!?! That was a prime Kody moment. 

56 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Noooooo! Please let Moseby be found safe!!!  He is an adorable sweet little dog and by far my favorite character on the show.

Sorry. 

I might be wrong! But she said on a different picture that the dog is Mariah’s. Meri might also be traveling. Again. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Don't be sorry.  If any of the adult Browns disappeared I wouldn't give a hoot.  But a missing dog sends me into a frenzy.

• Love 8

I love you guys! You keep me sane. I've been a little blue lately due to some falling out with a person I thought I cared about but reading the snark about Meri is making me giggle.

I'm also watching Teen Mom and being annoyed with Farrah. I'd love for her to become a Sister Wife. Hahaha, imagine Robyn's head...exploding.

• Love 6
On 2/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Aww, thank you so much.  I tend to use my old tennis shoes, in dry weather and my muck boots in wet weather for chicken duty.  They are generally pretty easy - the challenges in that job are pilling Ms. Chloe Claws with her daily prozac - yes the cat is on prozac and giving Mr. Cieran, who has kidney disease, his subq fluids.

I have a kitty on Prozac and she eats it crushed into her food. There is no way in hell to pill her. Just a suggestion ?

On 2/28/2018 at 7:23 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Pillsbury Dough Boy Poppin' Fresh!  

Just the thing, define food.  LOL

Tony could dress up as PF and make guest appearances. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Tony could dress up as PF and make guest appearances. 

Maybe they could have him play the part of a Pillsbury Dough Boy pinata and use it as a teaching moment.  Let people hit PF with a spoon-shaped bat until he bursts open.  Then they'd find Tony inside and would keep swinging!!!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe they could have him play the part of a Pillsbury Dough Boy pinata and use it as a teaching moment.  Let people hit PF with a spoon-shaped bat until he bursts open.  Then they'd find Tony inside and would keep swinging!!!

If they burst FT open, out would pop the Seven Deadly Sins instead of 'white people's candy', sending people fleeing in all directions.

• Love 6

I haven’t posted yet In this forum, but it’s great reading!  Haven’t watched every show....but from what I’ve seen, I feel pity for Meri.  She was young and in love with that creep Kootie/Kody.....when he made it clear she wasn’t “enough” for his divine studliness she went along with the additional women to try to “keep” him.  Of course it hasn’t been a happy situation for any of the women.....most woman are wired for loving one man who loves only them.  

As years went by and Meri grew older and hopefully wiser...she realized what a sucky situation she was in, and fought back by trying to establish the best scenario for herself and her daughter.  I think now she is laying groundwork for the best situation possible for herself when the show ends....then she will be done with Kootie.  I don’t blame her a bit.  She probably deep down thinks the other women should be planning, too .  

Janelle acts totally bored.  Christine drives me nuts, almost manic in her speech and behavior...who are you trying to convince Christine, the audience or yourself?  She was pleased as punch at her daughter’s wedding to sweep into the room glued on Kootie’s arm, showing the world, “ Ha, he’s mine today!”   How much demeaning to a woman’s self-esteem that whole lifestyle perpetrates.     Robyn has the demeanor of Eyeore....woe is me/ woe is everyone in the poor, persecuted family.  Any youthful fun-loving part of her personality has been squelched by reality.  Kootie is a narcissistic, ugly slimeball.    

Of course, these are  just my thoughts.  I will be watching to see how it all unfolds....it’s like watching a train wreck, you can’t look away.  

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

I haven’t posted yet In this forum, but it’s great reading!  Haven’t watched every show....but from what I’ve seen, I feel pity for Meri.  She was young and in love with that creep Kootie/Kody.....when he made it clear she wasn’t “enough” for his divine studliness she went along with the additional women to try to “keep” him.  Of course it hasn’t been a happy situation for any of the women.....most woman are wired for loving one man who loves only them.  

As years went by and Meri grew older and hopefully wiser...she realized what a sucky situation she was in, and fought back by trying to establish the best scenario for herself and her daughter.  I think now she is laying groundwork for the best situation possible for herself when the show ends....then she will be done with Kootie.  I don’t blame her a bit.  She probably deep down thinks the other women should be planning, too .  

Janelle acts totally bored.  Christine drives me nuts, almost manic in her speech and behavior...who are you trying to convince Christine, the audience or yourself?  She was pleased as punch at her daughter’s wedding to sweep into the room glued on Kootie’s arm, showing the world, “ Ha, he’s mine today!”   How much demeaning to a woman’s self-esteem that whole lifestyle perpetrates.     Robyn has the demeanor of Eyeore....woe is me/ woe is everyone in the poor, persecuted family.  Any youthful fun-loving part of her personality has been squelched by reality.  Kootie is a narcissistic, ugly slimeball.    

Of course, these are  just my thoughts.  I will be watching to see how it all unfolds....it’s like watching a train wreck, you can’t look away.  

Keep watching and pay closer attention. You may change your mind about Meri.

I once felt similar things about Meri but if you play close attention, she's been digging herself a hole for years. She tries to make us think "poor Meri", but really she's a selfish, manipulative liar who was ready to leave her family for a feigned rich, handsome millionaire (catfish). She needs to shit or get off the pot because her "poor me" schtick is getting old. She claims to be a strong, independent woman and then she cries about her relationship with Kody (which can't be fixed, ever). It's the same stuff over and over.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Keep watching and pay closer attention. You may change your mind about Meri.

I have to agree.  She sowed the bitch oats long ago and now karma is coming back to haunt her.  She's a liar who manipulates every incident to magically be anyone else's fault but her own.  Sadly, she can't keep track of her lies so she keeps digging a deeper hole with her mouth.

• Love 17

I

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

I have to agree.  She sowed the bitch oats long ago and now karma is coming back to haunt her.  She's a liar who manipulates every incident to magically be anyone else's fault but her own.  Sadly, she can't keep track of her lies so she keeps digging a deeper hole with her mouth.

I think that Meri brought Robyn into the family to hurt Janelle and Christine. It worked for a while but she finally met her match in Robyn. Robyn out foxed the fox.

In the end I think that Janelle and Christine seem much happier since Robyn gave Meri the karma that she deserved. 

Meri has had it coming for years and finally reaped what she sowed. 

• Love 18

Kody's desire for polygamy was no big surprise to Meri when she married.  Kody was a member of the AUB church of which Meri's family are active members.  Meri grew up in polygamy and certainly saw all sides of it.  She knew exactly what she was getting into with Kody.  Meri is just not a very nice person and that is how she came across from the first episode of SW.  Everyone was trying to make a good impression and there was Meri cooking her own healthy dinner making snarky comments with a snarky expression on her face.

She seems to be able to put on a happy face, to be friendly and fun to outsiders but at home she seems bitter and unpleasant.

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, neh said:

Kody's desire for polygamy was no big surprise to Meri when she married.  Kody was a member of the AUB church of which Meri's family are active members.  Meri grew up in polygamy and certainly saw all sides of it.  She knew exactly what she was getting into with Kody.  Meri is just not a very nice person and that is how she came across from the first episode of SW.  Everyone was trying to make a good impression and there was Meri cooking her own healthy dinner making snarky comments with a snarky expression on her face.

She seems to be able to put on a happy face, to be friendly and fun to outsiders but at home she seems bitter and unpleasant.

I can't stand her.  It's said that she is a bitch to people that want to buy LuLaNo from her.  If she can't even come across nice to people that are spending their $ BUYING that crap, I feel certain she's even a nastier, meaner, and bitchier person at home.  Karma came a'calling.  

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I can't stand her.  It's said that she is a bitch to people that want to buy LuLaNo from her.  If she can't even come across nice to people that are spending their $ BUYING that crap, I feel certain she's even a nastier, meaner, and bitchier person at home.  Karma came a'calling.  

In the unlikely event that I would ever be in the market for LuLaNo garments, Meri would be the last person I would deal with.  She demonstrated a total lack of integrity by engaging in an online 'romance' while still a spiritual wife.  Once the exchanges between her and 'Sam' reached the flirtatious stages, she should have made the decision to either break off the pursuit and buckle down and make the most of the relationship she was in, or come clean with the family and acknowledge that she was not fulfilled and intended to make a new life for herself.  Instead, she practiced deceit until she naively thought she had a future with a wealthy lover.  After being exposed for the fraud she is, she continues to hang in, despite being reviled in her own family, for the simple reason of TLC paycheck.

She should take her bubble bath and bananas to Parowan and live happily ever after.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri’s wisdom for today

Occasionally I stumble across one of those memes that I actually find interesting and helpful - this isn't one of them.

This type of stuff is one of the reasons I abandoned Facebook almost two years ago and haven't looked back.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Occasionally I stumble across one of those memes that I actually find interesting and helpful - this isn't one of them.

This type of stuff is one of the reasons I abandoned Facebook almost two years ago and haven't looked back.

What a load of crap from the woman who keeps running to her therapist expecting a miracle. Then she reminds us she's still there and not going anywhere. Meanwhile, the family has opened the door for her and basically said "get out". 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

What a load of crap from the woman who keeps running to her therapist expecting a miracle. Then she reminds us she's still there and not going anywhere. Meanwhile, the family has opened the door for her and basically said "get out". 

Didn't they basically tell her that, when they were in Alaska, what?  2-3 years ago?  She defines density.

Meri, is the TLC paycheck worth that?  Apparently so.  Queen of Denial.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri, is the TLC paycheck worth that?  Apparently so.

Well, she has no real job and the end of LuLaNo is in sight so what else can she do?  She has no job, no skills, and even if she wanted to work the B&B (which she has plainly said she doesn't want to do) how is she supposed to bring in any $$$$?  It's TLC or nothing.  She'll wallow in misery and collect her paycheck as long as she can.  And make the viewers watch the theatrics.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, she has no real job and the end of LuLaNo is in sight so what else can she do?  She has no job, no skills, and even if she wanted to work the B&B (which she has plainly said she doesn't want to do) how is she supposed to bring in any $$$$?  It's TLC or nothing.  She'll wallow in misery and collect her paycheck as long as she can.  And make the viewers watch the theatrics.

I get the feeling she does ok with LLNo. Why she's hanging on, I can only speculate--is it contractual, or is she still trying to "fix" things? For someone who's "strong and independent", she's awfully weepy and reliant on her therapist. She's a human oxymoron. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

LLR isn't a good long-term career choice, according to lawsuits that have been filed.  She may be doing fine now, but the company's reputation is not good.

They've gone downhill. I have a friend who has leggings from them purchased years ago and they used to be of good quality (and not so ugly). Nowadays it looks like their designers hate their customers. 

• Love 5

I cringe when I see people wearing LuLaNo leggings. They are usually too small for them (more polite than saying that they are too big to be wearing them?) and they wear them with tees that don’t really match. Whatever floats Meri’s boat. I’m sure she does have a fan base who buy them out of loyalty. 

In Scotland we’d say that she’s a waste of skin. She doesn’t really contribute to the family financially or by feeding the masses or by taking in the younger ones for those who work or could use the extra help. Wasn’t that the premise of one of these families? That everyone pitch it to make it better for the whole?  I’m with the above poster (many posts ago) who stated that Meri is in this for the TLC paychecks but in reality she has checked out. 

I think that her B&B is really her retirement home for when this train stops. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think that her B&B is really her retirement home for when this train stops. 

Except that she's too young to retire, has no job or income, and the B&B seems to have no discernible customers.  At least no one has posted a review of the inn since the obsequious one in January by one of her fans.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Except that she's too young to retire, has no job or income, and the B&B seems to have no discernible customers.  At least no one has posted a review of the inn since the obsequious one in January by one of her fans.

Since when has Meri lived in the true reality of things? She’ll sell off the Las Vegas house, and try to live off of its proceeds. I would never expect to see her dealing with the daily chores of running a B&B (all the daily cleaning, laundry and cooking a breakfast). Now that it looks like Grandchildren will be on the way this show will be renewed a la Duggers style. If she’s smart she’s saving and paying off that mortgage. Is Cody’s name on the deed? That would throw a wrench in my idea. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She’ll sell off the Las Vegas house, and try to live off of its proceeds.

There may be a little equity in the house but initially they got interest only mortgages so they could conceivably still owe the entire amount.

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I would never expect to see her dealing with the daily chores of running a B&B (all the daily cleaning, laundry and cooking a breakfast).

Without customers that's a moot point.

7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Now that it looks like Grandchildren will be on the way this show will be renewed a la Duggers style.

What could be more boring?  If I want to see a couple with kids, I just need to look at my neighbors next door.

7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Since when has Meri lived in the true reality of things?

So true!  Reality is not in her vocabulary.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

They've gone downhill. I have a friend who has leggings from them purchased years ago and they used to be of good quality (and not so ugly). Nowadays it looks like their designers hate their customers. 

Well, we don't really have any proof that this statement is untrue. As far as I'm concerned, if we look at the available evidence, LLR's designers do hate their customers.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

Well, we don't really have any proof that this statement is untrue. As far as I'm concerned, if we look at the available evidence, LLR's designers do hate their customers.

Not only their customers, their sellers as well. Some of the leaked home office calls are awful. Like straight up mean girl nastiness. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Those godawful leggings with the owners' pictures on them is all the proof I need that they do! I picture them cackling over the idea that anyone would wear those things.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 8

I just watched the scene where Meri and Kody are with their therapist talking about their non-existent marriage. I know there are a few theories out there about the divorce. I always felt that Meri offered the divorce "for the kids," but that she didn't really think Kody would do it. I think she was trying to look selfless and self-sacrificing, but never really thought that she'd have to go through with it. When she invited Kody and Robyn to her house to offer the divorce and they basically jumped at it - Kody did anyway - I think she was shocked and soon realized that she screwed herself. There was no backing out of that offer. So they get the divorce and Kody and Robyn get married - no fanfare, no guests, a justice of the peace type deal with just the two of them. But where did that leave Meri? Even if they had a "spiritual" marriage when they got legally married, it seems that the divorce was enough of a blow - and it was obvious just watching Meri - that she felt let go. It might have been wise of them to at least have a vow renewal or something like that to give Meri some emotional security. But I guess at that point Kody didn't really care. He was all about Robyn. I just don't see them ever getting their marriage back.

• Love 3

My personal opinion is that Meri was persuaded to file.  Kody would have if she hadn't.  He just didn't want to be with Meri anymore and Robyn's kids are still dependents which I'm sure is nice at tax time...

All the stuff about "for the kids" is just a bunch of hooey and they all knew it at the time and they know it now.  I'm guessing it never actually happened and it was all staged for the show.  Robyn wanted to be the legal wife, financially it was a better deal for Kody and he probably wanted to be DONE with Meri.  I'm sure he told her that nothing would change but clearly it did.  He was just tired of her and she was bringing nothing to the table except a sour attitude.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

My personal opinion is that Meri was persuaded to file.  Kody would have if she hadn't.  He just didn't want to be with Meri anymore and Robyn's kids are still dependents which I'm sure is nice at tax time...

All the stuff about "for the kids" is just a bunch of hooey and they all knew it at the time and they know it now.  I'm guessing it never actually happened and it was all staged for the show.  Robyn wanted to be the legal wife, financially it was a better deal for Kody and he probably wanted to be DONE with Meri.  I'm sure he told her that nothing would change but clearly it did.  He was just tired of her and she was bringing nothing to the table except a sour attitude.

I agree.  I don't think it was her idea at all.  She was serious upset when they went to sign those papers.  He should have been married to Christine all this time, to maximize income tax refunds.  

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Teri313 said:

When she invited Kody and Robyn to her house to offer the divorce and they basically jumped at it - Kody did anyway - I think she was shocked and soon realized that she screwed herself

Remember when that scene was filmed, the divorce had already occurred and Kody and Robyn were married. Everything had happened in secret in the fall/winter and behind TLC's back. It only came to light when someone found the documents online while searching for something else in January. We have no idea what the real reason was behind the divorce and marriage; the reason the was given to the public in the storyline was "adoption, David Preston is a bad man, the kids want the Brown name" etc. I think Meri's behavior during all the filming was because she knew they had been found out and were having to lie about the real reason, and the real reason had to do with her own marriage, not about the Jessop kids.

• Love 7
On 2/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Which reminds me, a few months ago in Edmonds, WA I saw a bus - like, a lovely tour bus - professionally and very attractively wrapped to advertise a particular LLR distributor. I wonder if she just made a huge initial investment with high hopes or if she actually is/was wildly successful. 

Well, she’s still driving it around, at least assuming there aren’t two LuLaRoe busses in Edmonds — we were behind it for a few blocks today near the WinCo. 

28 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

Well, she’s still driving it around, at least assuming there aren’t two LuLaRoe busses in Edmonds — we were behind it for a few blocks today near the WinCo. 

That’s right about where I saw it - on 220th. Funny! I wonder how she is doing. 

(I actually just got back from a Winco run. I will have to keep my eyes peeled!)

ETA: just googled around and found LulaRoe Fashion Bus with Kris Mason, with an address not too far from WinCo. Why do I care? 

Edited by Tabbygirl521

So Meri bought this house by herself?

Did they get the price down? So her idiot mom wants to lurk around the house and switch rooms like the ghost thats already there??

Thats not creepy at all!?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christi said:

So Meri bought this house by herself?

Did they get the price down? So her idiot mom wants to lurk around the house and switch rooms like the ghost thats already there??

Thats not creepy at all!?

It's online. Meri is the sole owner and I think she paid full price.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's online. Meri is the sole owner and I think she paid full price.

What an asshole. If she was perfectly capable of purchasing it on her own, why did she bother going to the family? This was always HER desire, her pet project. "Ok so, I've been distant from you guys and I don't even know when there's a family gathering going on next door but, listen, I really want to buy this house that has nothing to do with you and need your help."

Fuck off! 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What an asshole. If she was perfectly capable of purchasing it on her own, why did she bother going to the family?

I don't think she was capable of purchasing it on her own.  I think she needed some TLC money for it, and for that she had to ask the rest of the family.  It is in her name only (and says "single woman") because paranoid Kody is worried that the state will seize the house.  And they DO that, too.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't think she was capable of purchasing it on her own.  I think she needed some TLC money for it, and for that she had to ask the rest of the family.  It is in her name only (and says "single woman") because paranoid Kody is worried that the state will seize the house.  And they DO that, too.

Wow. I can see them acting on something where actual crime is taking place (marrying off underage girls, violence, etc), but this situation would be laughable. Don't they have anything better to do in that state? If they do that, I could understand his paranoia. 

• Love 5