Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

The only place I've gone in my pj's is the emergency room. And I found THAT embarrassing! Although clearly if I'm headed to the ER, fashion is, at that moment, the least of my problems.

I did go to my brother's house in my slippers once though. Not on purpose, but because I'm an airhead. He lives about 7 miles away, and at about mile 5 I thought "geez my toes are cold" and realized to my horror that while I was completely dressed, I'd been sitting around the house in my slippers and neglected to swap them out for shoes before I jumped in my vehicle. If I hadn't been over halfway there, I would've turned back. And I absolutely would've turned back, no matter how far along in the trip, if I'd been going anywhere but my brother's house!

Perhaps the best part was that he didn't even notice! I had to point out to him that I had stupidly left my house in my SLIPPERS! Ha ha ha...the only thing my brother would notice is if I showed up headless.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Can't like these two quotes enough!!!! And you hit on exactly what I think when I see these people...my first thought is always "Don't you have ANY self respect? At all? Even a little?"

Going out in your pj's makes me think you have just completely given up on life. And it's not just stores, it's restaurants, etc also! 

I feel guilty when I'm working from home, and also doing pet sitting, and then give myself an hour to run out and knock out the weekly errands and head out in yoga pants, tennis shoes and a long shirt with a jacket.  I think I look like a slug, BUT I don't want to change clothes to go to the grocery and then change again to do my cardio 5k neighborhood walk.  But then I run into folks in pj's and slippers and I'm like, man I am ROCKIN' it!

Although, I DID, walk down to a neighbor's house - 5 houses down -  in tennis shoes, t'shirt and pj pants on a weekend, with a cup of coffee in hand.  They were out of town and I was petsitting for the 3 dogs, 3 outdoor/ferel cats, the 9 indoor cats and 17 chickens - and the first feeding/potty time was 2 hours before my normal alarm went off.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Although, I DID, walk down to a neighbor's house - 5 houses down -  in tennis shoes, t'shirt and pj pants on a weekend, with a cup of coffee in hand.  They were out of town and I was petsitting for the 3 dogs, 3 outdoor/ferel cats, the 9 indoor cats and 17 chickens - and the first feeding/potty time was 2 hours before my normal alarm went off.

First, pet sitting for that number and variety of animals makes you a saint. :-) So who cares what you're wearing.

Second, it begs the question, what would be the most appropriate attire for such a task? I happily surround myself with dogs and cats, but that is a LOT of animals. I think if I had to care for 17 chickens, I would wear something I planned to throw away immediately afterwards.

Did I mention that you're a saint? Because I think it bears repeating!!! I recently shelled out 125 bucks for my 2 small dogs to be boarded for a couple of days. Would you like to be my neighbor, please?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

The only place I've gone in my pj's is the emergency room. And I found THAT embarrassing! Although clearly if I'm headed to the ER, fashion is, at that moment, the least of my problems.

The last time I had to go to the ER, I ended up wearing the clothing I’d arrived in for something like two and a half days. (I obviously wasn’t the patient.)  This included sleeping, and while a nice skirt and blouse is fine to work in, it’s lousy sleepwear. I think wearing pajamas to the ER is a great idea!  Especially if they’re warm pajamas, it was freezing. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, lma said:

I equate leggings with tights. I love to wear both. I would never walk around with tights on without a dress/skirt or tunic style top. Same with leggings. I don’t know why the rest of the world can’t be classy and sensible like me. (Smile)

Also, people who are pet sitting and in the emergency room - wear what’s comfortable. That makes sense. I think we’re talking about the people heading to dinner, the grocery, movies, kids’ school, to class themselves, Walmart, Target ... come on folks. Have some respect for yourself and others. 

LOL exactly. There are always times when appropriate dress is not a first priority. But people deliberately going out in public, browsing the mall at their leisure or out to dinner (yikes!), that's a different story. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lma said:

Also, people who are pet sitting and in the emergency room - wear what’s comfortable. That makes sense. I think we’re talking about the people heading to dinner, the grocery, movies, kids’ school, to class themselves, Walmart, Target ... come on folks. Have some respect for yourself and others. 

So, I posted last night about pajamas, went to bed, and promptly had a nightmare that involved wearing pajamas to Target. I kid you not!  That was before I read this ...

I think I need to stop reading PTV right before bed. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

First, pet sitting for that number and variety of animals makes you a saint. :-) So who cares what you're wearing.

Second, it begs the question, what would be the most appropriate attire for such a task? I happily surround myself with dogs and cats, but that is a LOT of animals. I think if I had to care for 17 chickens, I would wear something I planned to throw away immediately afterwards.

Did I mention that you're a saint? Because I think it bears repeating!!! I recently shelled out 125 bucks for my 2 small dogs to be boarded for a couple of days. Would you like to be my neighbor, please?

Aww, thank you so much.  I tend to use my old tennis shoes, in dry weather and my muck boots in wet weather for chicken duty.  They are generally pretty easy - the challenges in that job are pilling Ms. Chloe Claws with her daily prozac - yes the cat is on prozac and giving Mr. Cieran, who has kidney disease, his subq fluids.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, lma said:

I equate leggings with tights. I love to wear both. I would never walk around with tights on without a dress/skirt or tunic style top. Same with leggings. I don’t know why the rest of the world can’t be classy and sensible like me. (Smile)

That's exactly what I do - treat them as I would tights. Dress or very long top only. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - wants to see the junk I got in the trunk! 

Even when it comes to super-skinny, totally in shape people, guess what, we don't need to see the outline of your underwear, and all the other things leggings expose.

Apparently no one who wears LuLuNo got this memo.

6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't like carrying a purse or bag so I need a pocket for my phone

I carry a giant one with everything under the sun in it. It's big, it's heavy, and my family refers to it as "the ninth member of the family"! I need the Seinfeld wallet diet - I'm the female George Costanza. ;-)

• Love 1

I totally agree Meri seems driven to make this LLR work.  She appeared to spend previous years lounging around, not doing much of anything, she did go back to school and I think completed two courses, but then along came "Sam" and that fell by the wayside. 

It seems that now the realization that she has lost her status in the family has hit her, she is preparing herself for life beyond.  It has probably saved her sanity, to have become somewhat of a major player in LLR, I just hope she has the sense to bail out when the time is right and she is not left with all those spare bedrooms and garage crammed with unwanted inventory.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

She's such a superbitch when she does these lives though!!

I've heard that.  Not surprised.

Why her customers buy from her, when chances are many of them have a friend or 3 selling that crap, is beyond me.  

To buy from people with a shitty attitude?  Nope.  I'm not impressed by a D-List reality "star." (cough, cough.)

• Love 8

So I got rid of cable and only have Hulu Live.  They do not have TLC except for On Demand but the seasons are a bit behind so I did a bit of marathoning this weekend.  It doesn't start on season 1, I think its season 4.  Anyhoo, Meri's brows were NORMAL!  She was not orange!  I got through season 4 and towards the end her face starts changing.  Then season 5 it really starts changing.  It does not escape my attention that as her relationship went to the shitter, she took it out on her face!  As it got worse, so did her brows and face color.  I also noticed something I hadn't seen before.  It looked like she may have eczema because in one scene (may have been a couch session) I noticed very red skin on the back of her neck (it was creeping towards the side of the neck).  Maybe that is why she uses such harsh face makeup?  I mean that wouldn't explain the brows or eye makeup that also turned much darker but the foundation maybe. 

It was also interesting seeing the resentment the other wives felt for Meri (not sure about Robyn) in regards to the house budget.  They all ended up being fine, its fair to give each one the same amount of cash but they didn't seem to mean it.  Meri who had to have french doors, hobby room, wet bar while Janelle is scrapping her cement in the backyard to save $.  She was $200 over her budget before even choosing her carpet etc.  Kody told her that she didn't need to see the non standard carpet samples due to the over budget situation and of course she HAS to see them because if this is her home she is doing it right goddam it!  They really should just let her tantrum from time to time without giving in to her.  She knows they will fold.  I was happy Christine didn't just give her extra budget to Meri as Kody suggested but bought the outside stone that she wanted.

The blast from the past was really fun to watch.  I have some more seasons to get through.

• Love 14

A broken washer, a trip to my daughter’s, and what did I do? Looked for Sister Wives On Demand.........Just watched the big meeting about Meri’s mom wanting move to the house but not wanting to run it as a B&B. In that short time , they talked down the town the house is in, and made it perfectly clear that Meri’s mom would be awful at the B&B. That is some great marketing going on.

So.........fast forward and Meri owns the place, as we know, and it is a B&B ,and her mother is there. WTF? 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Meri loaded up all the LulaNo crap she can't sell, and schleps it down to the B & B.  Surely Mama has time to try and sell it to the B & B guests?

Not that I’m a super fan and would have gone there, but if I was that would stop me in a heartbeat. Is it me or is there something shady? How does she pay the taxes on that place? Also the upkeep and utilities. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A broken washer, a trip to my daughter’s, and what did I do? Looked for Sister Wives On Demand.........Just watched the big meeting about Meri’s mom wanting move to the house but not wanting to run it as a B&B. In that short time , they talked down the town the house is in, and made it perfectly clear that Meri’s mom would be awful at the B&B. That is some great marketing going on.

So.........fast forward and Meri owns the place, as we know, and it is a B&B ,and her mother is there. WTF? 

We still don't know what really happened. At first, Christine's mom was involved, then she just disappeared from the project with no explanation. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Meri loaded up all the LulaNo crap she can't sell, and schleps it down to the B & B.  Surely Mama has time to try and sell it to the B & B guests?

I would be shocked if they've had more than 20 guests since they opened.

• Love 7
Just now, LilWharveyGal said:

I would be shocked if they've had more than 20 guests since they opened.

I would be shocked if they've had more than 2 guests since they opened.  The only two reviews of the property are the gushy (and full of BS) reviews from the mother/daughter duo that stayed right after it opened.

"I have never been so impressed with a B&B in my life. I loved staying at Lizzie's Heritage Inn. I am telling you this is a MUST if you are going to be driving through or visiting Parowan. Bonnie is the most kind woman I have ever met and an incredible host. The food is define and the comfort level is a +10." 

Good to know that the food is "define".  Especially since it's most likely cinnamon rolls from a tube.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It does not escape my attention that as her relationship went to the shitter, she took it out on her face!

Hahahaha, I found this line so ridiculously funny,  Thanks for the uncontrollable giggle fit.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lma said:

This is so funny to me. That review sounds fake, like you can tell it’s someone who knows the owner. Those kind of reviews can do more harm than good. I wouldn’t believe a word of it, even though some of it is probably true - like the cinnamon rolls. They probably were “define.” ?

I went to their Facebook pages and their family and friends comments made it clear that they are huge fans of the show and that's the reason they went there to begin with.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I went to their Facebook pages and their family and friends comments made it clear that they are huge fans of the show and that's the reason they went there to begin with.

No surprise there.  The review was so over-the-top, it was ridiculous.

• Love 7

Show spin off idea. Just hear me out. Robyn and Farrah (Teen Mom) get together as roommates and raise all their kids together. Kody comes/goes as pleases, hair disheveled. Janelle lives in the back yard in a tent, alone. Meri decorates new home in Lularoe tapestries. The end.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I would be shocked if they've had more than 2 guests since they opened.  The only two reviews of the property are the gushy (and full of BS) reviews from the mother/daughter duo that stayed right after it opened.

"I have never been so impressed with a B&B in my life. I loved staying at Lizzie's Heritage Inn. I am telling you this is a MUST if you are going to be driving through or visiting Parowan. Bonnie is the most kind woman I have ever met and an incredible host. The food is define and the comfort level is a +10." 

Good to know that the food is "define".  Especially since it's most likely cinnamon rolls from a tube.

Is that like "Deplane, boss! Deplane!" ??

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Pillsbury Dough Boy Poppin' Fresh!  

Just the thing, define food.  LOL

• Love 2
On 2/27/2018 at 1:55 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I thought each purchase had to be documented on video?  

On 2/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, Natalie68 said:

So I got rid of cable and only have Hulu Live.  They do not have TLC except for On Demand but the seasons are a bit behind so I did a bit of marathoning this weekend.  It doesn't start on season 1, I think its season 4.  Anyhoo, Meri's brows were NORMAL!  She was not orange!  I got through season 4 and towards the end her face starts changing.  Then season 5 it really starts changing.  It does not escape my attention that as her relationship went to the shitter, she took it out on her face!  As it got worse, so did her brows and face color.  I also noticed something I hadn't seen before.  It looked like she may have eczema because in one scene (may have been a couch session) I noticed very red skin on the back of her neck (it was creeping towards the side of the neck).  Maybe that is why she uses such harsh face makeup?  I mean that wouldn't explain the brows or eye makeup that also turned much darker but the foundation maybe. 

It was also interesting seeing the resentment the other wives felt for Meri (not sure about Robyn) in regards to the house budget.  They all ended up being fine, its fair to give each one the same amount of cash but they didn't seem to mean it.  Meri who had to have french doors, hobby room, wet bar while Janelle is scrapping her cement in the backyard to save $.  She was $200 over her budget before even choosing her carpet etc.  Kody told her that she didn't need to see the non standard carpet samples due to the over budget situation and of course she HAS to see them because if this is her home she is doing it right goddam it!  They really should just let her tantrum from time to time without giving in to her.  She knows they will fold.  I was happy Christine didn't just give her extra budget to Meri as Kody suggested but bought the outside stone that she wanted.

The blast from the past was really fun to watch.  I have some more seasons to get through.

Something tells me that Meri got more than her fair share of the family money over the years.  The episode where  her and Mariah were setting up Christmas decorations, she had enough stuff she could open a Christmas store.  Then there was the episode that they were eating out and deciding if they were going to put money down on the lots.  And Meri said yes, but they need to discuss this alone.  Then in a talking heads, Meri looks at Janelle and says " I'm sorry if you think I took something that you thought belonged to you, or something like that.  Janelle said I didn't say it was mine, but just that money was tight and she was renting a house in a much nicer neighborhood than the other wives.  As it was Kody and Janelle both had to cash in their retirement funds and had just a small amount of money to get into the rental homes.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Something tells me that Meri got more than her fair share of the family money over the years.  The episode where  her and Mariah were setting up Christmas decorations, she had enough stuff she could open a Christmas store.  Then there was the episode that they were eating out and deciding if they were going to put money down on the lots.  And Meri said yes, but they need to discuss this alone.  Then in a talking heads, Meri looks at Janelle and says " I'm sorry if you think I took something that you thought belonged to you, or something like that.  Janelle said I didn't say it was mine, but just that money was tight and she was renting a house in a much nicer neighborhood than the other wives.  As it was Kody and Janelle both had to cash in their retirement funds and had just a small amount of money to get into the rental homes.

Just read this post, and I remember all that as well.  Meri WANTED 8 kids, remember, and it's just dumb luck she didn't get them.

I've posted elsewhere that it really wouldn't surprise me if she took birth control pills all along, a la Nikki on Big Love.  Absolutely, I'm not making light of infertility.  Just that nothing concerning Meri would surprise me.  Selfish and then some.

God, yes.  She DESERVES everything that everyone else gets!  <major sarcasm>  Anyone else fill like throwing a Pity Party for dear, mistreated Meri?

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Just read this post, and I remember all that as well.  Meri WANTED 8 kids, remember, and it's just dumb luck she didn't get them.

I've posted elsewhere that it really wouldn't surprise me if she took birth control pills all along, a la Nikki on Big Love.  Absolutely, I'm not making light of infertility.  Just that nothing concerning Meri would surprise me.  Selfish and then some.

God, yes.  She DESERVES everything that everyone else gets!  <major sarcasm>  Anyone else fill like throwing a Pity Party for dear, mistreated Meri?

That’s the issue with so many of the polyg families. The wives all want everything to be even and “fair,” that’s not real life. In a Family sometimes people get things, sometimes they don’t. It’s not all tit for tat.

• Love 5
On February 27, 2018 at 11:55 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I'm waiting for the show in like 3 years - because TLC is running  a year behind in real life, where Meri is awarded a good citizen award by the city of Las Vegas after she donated rooms of Luluroe clothing after it tanked to the homeless and women shelters.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I thought each purchase had to be documented on video?  

No documentation necessary. They do the live sales on Facebook (or wherever it is) as their preferred means to market and sell product.  They also do home parties and events. It just seems like a lot of work. There's a lot of stuff for sale on eBay but of course they have to pay eBay's fees when something sells so the live sales are more profitable but also time consuming.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

No documentation necessary. They do the live sales on Facebook (or wherever it is) as their preferred means to market and sell product.  They also do home parties and events. It just seems like a lot of work. There's a lot of stuff for sale on eBay but of course they have to pay eBay's fees when something sells so the live sales are more profitable but also time consuming.

It's a totally ridiculous and time consuming way to sell products. 

Doing a live feed, people comment if they want the item. It's driven by competition with other viewers so many of the "sold" comments are driven by impulse. 

Then the consultant has to go through the comments after the sale to bill the interested party, who is required to fill out an online form before invoicing can be done. 

Even though the buyer says in comments to "invoice me" there is enough time between the comment and invoicing (often several days) to change their mind and pass, which happens frequently.  I recall one of Meri's sales where someone said "invoice me" to around $700 of items then backed out after invoicing. Of course Meri blocked the person from the group but still what a time suck. 

The whole process is a timesuck. 

Oh and LLR prohibits selling on eBay, Poshmark, Mercari, etc so the LLR stuff you see there is often being sold by former consultants or anonymously. 

And she can't sell to anyone outside the US. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When Meri arrived to do the song at Mykelti’s shower, I thought she was wearing LuLaNo, ?

I think Meri wears exclusively LuLaNo, regardless of the situation! An ugly print for every occasion.

Edited by Gothish520
spelling
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I think Meri wears exclusiveley LuLaNo, regardless of the situation! An ugly print for every occasion.

I'm not a Meri fan by any stretch of the LLR leggins, but I have to give her credit for the effort she is putting into this.  She seems to be the only one of the Brown parents that is making any attempt at gainful employment.

I can only hope that she has the sense to bail out when the good ship LLR starts to flounder and sink and not cling futilely as she has with her 'marriage'.

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not a Meri fan by any stretch of the LLR leggins, but I have to give her credit for the effort she is putting into this.  She seems to be the only one of the Brown parents that is making any attempt at gainful employment.

I can only hope that she has the sense to bail out when the good ship LLR starts to flounder and sink and not cling futilely as she has with her 'marriage'.

If this has given her a sense of purpose, then it's not a completely bad thing. But it is a risk to put all your eggs in one basket. Then again, if the LuLaRoe ship goes down, there are tons of other MLMs that will welcome her with open arms, I'm sure. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

If this has given her a sense of purpose, then it's not a completely bad thing. But it is a risk to put all your eggs in one basket. Then again, if the LuLaRoe ship goes down, there are tons of other MLMs that will welcome her with open arms, I'm sure. 

She no doubt envisions herself as an entrepreneur now that her corporate dynasty has expanded to the hospitality industry.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Oh and LLR prohibits selling on eBay, Poshmark, Mercari, etc so the LLR stuff you see there is often being sold by former consultants or anonymously. 

Or people who bought it and no longer want it.

39 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Then again, if the LuLaRoe ship goes down

Alas!   Meri returned from the cruise unscathed!  <~~ Said tongue in cheek of course.  I don't wish her harm.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Alas!   Meri returned from the cruise unscathed!  <~~ Said tongue in cheek of course.  I don't wish her harm.

Sadly the damage to her retinas might not be noticeable right away...

• Love 8