Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Who is the girl to Meri’s right? The little one is, I assume, Ariella. Is the other girl one of the ‘Y’s or one of Robyn’s?

I have to assume one of Robyn's spawn, Savanah and Truely never seem to capture bonus mom Meri's attention.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm not sure what people are saying about Bonnie, other than it's not the entire Brown family's responsibility to buy her a house when she already has one or could easily move in with Meri. If they are saying bad things about her personally, then I completely understand why Meri would be upset. It's her mother - who wouldn't get upset if someone attacked their mother?

I also have to say that I get being sentimental about things, and I have no trouble understanding why Meri and her mother would want to buy the house in Parowan. I don't think it's the responsibilty of the entire family to support that, but I get why they want to get it back into the family; whether it's been out of the family for 10 years or 100, that makes no difference. But, the Browns are being reasonable in saying that it should be an income situation. 

Basically I'm saying I understand both sides, but agree 100% that it's not the rest of the family's responsibility to buy the house for Meri. I also think it's unfair to make fun of Meri for being sentimental about it. Meri has a lot of real issues, but that doesn't mean that everything she says, does, or wants is wrong or stupid.

Yes, however, how one responds to negative or hateful comments says everything about their true character. Meri responds hastily and hatefully. There are more tactful ways to handle trolls. 

And second, Meri is a master game player. I do understand her wanting this house--it's perhaps the one genuine emotion I think she shows. But to me, she's kind of like the Boy Who Cried Wolf when it comes to her "wanting" things for whatever reason. It's always about her, in the long run. For the shit she has put the family through and for how she pulls back from them and does not participate, I think this endeavor is all about Meri. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yes, however, how one responds to negative or hateful comments says everything about their true character. Meri responds hastily and hatefully. There are more tactful ways to handle trolls. 

And second, Meri is a master game player. I do understand her wanting this house--it's perhaps the one genuine emotion I think she shows. But to me, she's kind of like the Boy Who Cried Wolf when it comes to her "wanting" things for whatever reason. It's always about her, in the long run. For the shit she has put the family through and for how she pulls back from them and does not participate, I think this endeavor is all about Meri. 

I respect that opinion. I feel just like the rest of the Browns when it comes to that meeting about Bonnie living there - what are you trying to say Meri? You want us to finance that house for your mother? Yeah, no. And, according to Meri herself, she's the one who put that idea in her mom's head. She certainly seemed thrilled when Meri told her she wanted to buy it, but that doesn't mean she expected to live there.

I wish someone would address the question of why and how Christine's mother got ousted from this deal. She was as excited as Meri when they first went to look at it together.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Stupid social media bullshit expression.  She started using it when she joined lulano.  If selling ugly clothes is your reason for living, then I don't know what to say.

@toodles, come on, you DO know what to say!  <3  You make me laugh, thank you!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I respect that opinion. I feel just like the rest of the Browns when it comes to that meeting about Bonnie living there - what are you trying to say Meri? You want us to finance that house for your mother? Yeah, no. And, according to Meri herself, she's the one who put that idea in her mom's head. She certainly seemed thrilled when Meri told her she wanted to buy it, but that doesn't mean she expected to live there.

I wish someone would address the question of why and how Christine's mother got ousted from this deal. She was as excited as Meri when they first went to look at it together.

Plan B.  When the family was aghast at the prospect of providing a 4 bedroom retirement home for Bonnie, she conveniently sold her Lehi home.  Annie didn't have cash to invest, so Annie out...Bonnie in.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Plan B.  When the family was aghast at the prospect of providing a 4 bedroom retirement home for Bonnie, she conveniently sold her Lehi home.  Annie didn't have cash to invest, so Annie out...Bonnie in.  

This is exactly what I think happened.  Non of the Brown's financed that house/Inn Bonnie did.  Didn't Bonnie live close to her sister wife Janelle's mom?  Maybe they don't live as sister wives anymore.

• Love 4

Bonnie actually wasn't a sister-wife of Janelle's mom.  Janelle's mom and Kody's mom were both "married" to Kody's dad.  And I hate that my brain is cluttered up with this information.

Do we know anything about Meri's dad?  Has he passed away, or did Bonnie leave his fold?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Bonnie actually wasn't a sister-wife of Janelle's mom.  Janelle's mom and Kody's mom were both "married" to Kody's dad.  And I hate that my brain is cluttered up with this information.

Do we know anything about Meri's dad?  Has he passed away, or did Bonnie leave his fold?

...and why is Janelle's mother now living with Janelle?  Did things not work out with Kody's father?

18 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

My mistake you are correct I have a hard time keeping them straight!!  Thanks.

11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Actually as of a few days ago, Bonnie still owns her Lehi home. Evidently she was unable to sell and took it off the market.  Public records show it's still in her name. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Actually as of a few days ago, Bonnie still owns her Lehi home. Evidently she was unable to sell and took it off the market.  Public records show it's still in her name. 

Thanks for that info....there goes that theory.  Still wonder where Meri came up with down payment and qualified for mortgage.  Do you think family Brown participated in financing this?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks for that info....there goes that theory.  Still wonder where Meri came up with down payment and qualified for mortgage.  Do you think family Brown participated in financing this?

yes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

No matter how they choose to spin it on the show, I don't think Meri recieved any financial assistance from the family.  For example if Janelle had chipped in she would want her name on the deed, I think. 

The b&b is in Meri's name only. 

She's sold a LOT of LLR and how much of a down payment do you need on a $350k loan? $30-40k? I think over a year she accumulated enough to put down on this house which she bought almost exactly a year from the time she started LLR. 

Also the other adults still have kids to raise. I don't think they have the money to spare.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

No matter how they choose to spin it on the show, I don't think Meri recieved any financial assistance from the family.  For example if Janelle had chipped in she would want her name on the deed, I think. 

The b&b is in Meri's name only. 

She's sold a LOT of LLR and how much of a down payment do you need on a $350k loan? $30-40k? I think over a year she accumulated enough to put down on this house which she bought almost exactly a year from the time she started LLR. 

Also the other adults still have kids to raise. I don't think they have the money to spare.

I hate to give her kudos, but good for her if she did this on her own. Makes me wonder why she felt the need to try and get the family in on the idea if she had the means to do it without help.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I hate to give her kudos, but good for her if she did this on her own. Makes me wonder why she felt the need to try and get the family in on the idea if she had the means to do it without help.

It's in their DNA to con others.  In this situation, she was trying to con her "fambly."  If you can con some suckers into giving you money, it's what you do in BrownWorld.  Even if the suckers share a last name and a penis.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

With Meri’s financial history, I still can’t see how she got a mortgage. Perhaps she had a co-signer? And I’d bet she needed at least 20% down. I wonder if she got it through a bank.

I wonder if their pawn shop owner/business man (the one who married FT and M) fronted some money.

4 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

We have all been wondering that for awhile.

It just occurred to me! Maybe it should be read backward and as a question. So, #LivingMyWhy becomes WhyMyLiving, which is the "spoken fast" version of "Why am I living?" Mystery solved!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

It just occurred to me! Maybe it should be read backward and as a question. So, #LivingMyWhy becomes WhyMyLiving, which is the "spoken fast" version of "Why am I living?" Mystery solved!

I think we have a winner!  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think over a year she accumulated enough to put down on this house which she bought almost exactly a year from the time she started LLR. 

But wasn't she required to reinvest her earnings in more stock? She has a shit-ton of that crap, from what we have seen in links posted. And who knows if she has enough downstream sellers to earn her enough cash for a down payment. Another Brown Financial Mystery.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

But wasn't she required to reinvest her earnings in more stock? She has a shit-ton of that crap, from what we have seen in links posted. And who knows if she has enough downstream sellers to earn her enough cash for a down payment. Another Brown Financial Mystery.

She sells a ton. Not as much as some of the big sellers but she does pretty well. For now while LLR is still popular, that is.

• Love 2
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

Only been to Disney world once and what I remember is a lot of waiting in line...

Been to both Disney World and Disney Land, but that was at least 35 years ago since I've been to either one. The lines weren't bad, but of course that would have been around 1980/82. On the one hand, I think I would like to go back. On the other hand, I expect a lot of waiting in line. heh

Just now, Absolom said:

Woman should attempt to grow up.

She tried. She failed. She gave up. She can't try again now because she's got more important things to do, like grifting. You see, she can barely manage the energy and interest for grifting. There's certainly nothing left over for trying to grow up again. LOL

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The dream trip......

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't she go to Disneyland with "Sam" only it was actually Jackie Overton?  How was that a good time?  I think an experience like that would really sour me for ANY Disney parks.  But I guess it IS clear across the country so maybe that makes it different.  Is the whole family going?  REALLY $$$$$ to fly a ton-o-people to Florida from Utah - not to mention the hotel/food/tickets/bunch of shirts and hats and whatever they all have to have.

Edited by Kyanight
cuz I wanted to.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong - but didn't she go to Disneyland with "Sam" only it was actually Jackie Overton?  How was that a good time?  I think an experience like that would really sour me for ANY Disney parks.  But I guess it IS clear across the country so maybe that makes it different.  Is the whole family going?  REALLY $$$$$ to fly a ton-o-people to Florida from Utah - not to mention the hotel/food/tickets/bunch of shirts and hats and whatever they all have to have.

Lularoe and Disney are in an ongoing collaboration. There's a whole collection of clothing with Disney prints. So I'm guessing Mer's getting discounts, and maybe prizes for winning contests and/or being a top seller.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Been to both Disney World and Disney Land, but that was at least 35 years ago since I've been to either one. The lines weren't bad, but of course that would have been around 1980/82. On the one hand, I think I would like to go back. On the other hand, I expect a lot of waiting in line. heh

She tried. She failed. She gave up. She can't try again now because she's got more important things to do, like grifting. You see, she can barely manage the energy and interest for grifting. There's certainly nothing left over for trying to grow up again. LOL

I'm old and don't understand it all for adults. I've been to both. My very smart lovely daughter in law comes from a Disneyland ( and all Disney)  loving family and I was thrilled to take her my son a little grandkids (their first  trip)    but all I could think  of while standing in line was Temple Grandin needs to be consulted for the  herding lines. 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm old and don't understand it all for adults. I've been to both. My very smart lovely daughter in law comes from a Disneyland ( and all Disney)  loving family and I was thrilled to take her my son a little grandkids (their first  trip)    but all I could think  of while standing in line was Temple Grandin needs to be consulted for the  herding lines. 

I've never had any interest in visiting Disney World, but one of my sisters loves it, as does my husband and his Mom and sister, they've all been there a few times. It just never sounded appealing to me, except for Epcot, which I think would be very cool. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I've never had any interest in visiting Disney World, but one of my sisters loves it, as does my husband and his Mom and sister, they've all been there a few times. It just never sounded appealing to me, except for Epcot, which I think would be very cool. 

It's really fun - but I like Universal studios more.  There just isn't as much to do/see at Universal, although the rides are great!  We got SOOO tired at Disney that we sat and rode the train around and around the park.  lol    Buying lunch was a shock.  $$$$    But it was REALLY good food - not what you expect from a theme park.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

They're going to be changing Epcot in the next several years. So if you want to go there, you need to hurry up. My source is Jason Matheson from MyTalk 107.1 FM in Minneapolis. He loves Disney World, especially Epcot, and is upset that they're going to be changing it.

59 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

It's really fun - but I like Universal studios more.  There just isn't as much to do/see at Universal, although the rides are great!  We got SOOO tired at Disney that we sat and rode the train around and around the park.  lol    Buying lunch was a shock.  $$$$    But it was REALLY good food - not what you expect from a theme park.

The funny thing is that I can remember doing this with my parents as a child for the exact same reasons. We were tired and it was air-conditioned.

• Love 3

Speaking of Disney World, Son and family from WA State are going in April.  They have done Disneyland several times.  Other son has condo in Florida so we are going drive the 7 hours and stay there and go to the Animal Kingdom for a day with the family.  No real interest except the grands will like it and we will like being there with them liking it.  Other son is going on a different day.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Lularoe and Disney are in an ongoing collaboration. There's a whole collection of clothing with Disney prints. So I'm guessing Mer's getting discounts, and maybe prizes for winning contests and/or being a top seller.

She cruise-qualified.  Which means she sold $12k worth of LLR a month for (I think) 6 out of 8 months, or maybe it's 4 out of 6 months?  Anyway it comes with a "free" cruise but the consultant is still on the hook for the travel costs to get to Florida to board the cruise.  I'm guessing a lot of LLR consultants going on the cruise opted to arrive early and spend a few days at WDW.  
I wouldn't call it a "collaboration" - it's a licensing deal.  Disney licenses to pretty much anyone...Wet Seal, Forever 21, and LLR among other clothing companies.  LLR makes it sound like more than it is.

ETA - I forgot to mention this is a DRY cruise.  No booze.  Not that Meri would drink but there are lots of cruise deals out there so LLR is getting the consultants to bust their asses for a cruise that they could probably get for maybe $1200.  Haven't priced cruises in awhile, it might even be cheaper than that.

4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

One man's Magical Kingdom is another man's Hell on Earth.  For me, it's the later. Too many people, too many lines, too much money.  No thanks.

I was remembering Rodney Carrington's bit about waiting in line at the Happiest Place on Earth and how much it sucked.  I'm the same way.  Gone to DL and WDW years ago but have no interest in amusement parks and the lines. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The cruise I saw info on is from February 5th - 12th. 

It looks like those were the 2017 dates.  I can't find anything definitive about this year, but it might be starting on the 11th.

ETA:  Yep, February 11-18, Allure Of The Seas

Edited by LilWharveyGal
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA - I forgot to mention this is a DRY cruise.  No booze.  

Waaaaaait, what? Like, the additional booze expenses aren’t included in her winnings, or there’s no alcohol to be had in the boat? Because...if it’s the latter, that doesn’t make any sense at all! Not even wine with dinner? What the actual hell? That can’t be right, right?

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Waaaaaait, what? Like, the additional booze expenses aren’t included in her winnings, or there’s no alcohol to be had in the boat? Because...if it’s the latter, that doesn’t make any sense at all! Not even wine with dinner? What the actual hell? That can’t be right, right?

I think it has to do with the owners being Mormon.  And cheap.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think it has to do with the owners being Mormon.  And cheap.

You mean the owners of Lulu Roe! So the cruise will have alcohol available for everyone else then. God, that sent me into a panic for those people. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

It looks like those were the 2017 dates.  I can't find anything definitive about this year, but it might be starting on the 11th.

Yup I got that wrong! It is the 11-18 *2018*

Edited by ginger90
11 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

We're going on the Allure of the Seas in April . . . and there WILL be wine (at least at our table).  

As an experienced cruiser, we hear lots of stories.  There is one where a "dry" Christian couple sitting at a table for 6 or 8 during "traditional dining" (same table/partners every night) announced on the first evening, "Alcohol is forbidden by our faith, so we would respectfully request that there be no alcohol consumed at this table during our meals."  The others at the table "respectfully suggested" that the dry couple might be happier at another table (preferably, a table for two), because they had no intention of not having wine with their meals.

ETA:  I'm thinking that if Royal Caribbean agreed to a "dry cruise," the base price per passenger might be higher to offset the loss of liquor sales.  There's a high mark-up; two of the biggest profit centers for a cruise ship are alcohol and the casino.  Princess allows each adult passenger to bring on a bottle of wine (not sure about RC) . . . I'm imagining astute LulaNoe sales people emptying mouthwash bottles and filling them with adult beverages.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 11