Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E12: The Guy Who Closed The Deal In Vegas

Screaming!!!!! I cannot believe what Haddasah is saying right now she didnt think she should have been in bottom 2 she thought Lacey should have been in bottom 2?? Girl please you shouldnt have made the top 14 cut omg she has to go home before I have a nervous breakdown!

• Love 3

Man Mikey looks like a lion on crack cocaine I dont get why these ladies are so obsessed over himim really glad this show is getting cancelled I'm annoyed to know end right now. Poor Nyle stuck in that house with these high school drama kings and queens....

• Love 4

All I want is to see Nyle.  I've missed seeing Nyle.  The rest of the kids can pound sand, I just want to rest my gaze on Nyle.

You got to see a lot of him this week. I wouldn't be surprised if they make him wear a jock strap at some point next week. And I would be perfectly fine with that.

Kelly didn't seem like a completely vile troll this week only about 3/4 vile troll.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 6

Mikey with his hair pulled back in the photoshoot was the first time I got him being attractive,

Then of course he opened his mouth and ruined it immediately.

I was swearing for the last half that if they kicked Lacey out and Hadassah stayed.... I can't believe she thought it would be a good idea to come at Kelly, of all judges, and not ask how she can approve but why they're so mean and why they think Lacey is perfect.

Speaking of perfect, Nyle.

• Love 2

Why is Devin still there? The guy still claims at panel that he can't control his forehead/eyebrows during photo shoots. I can't remember if he ever got an FCO, so WHY IS HE STILL THERE? 

ETA: according to Wikipedia Devin had the very first FCO of the season, but has been middle of the pack or bottom two since then.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

Hadassah STFU, she's such a hater, she hated on Dustin when he returned and now she's trying to make Lacey look bad. Thinks she shouldn't have been in the bottom two. WTF is wrong with her?? She must hate on someone in order to make herself relevant or something. She should've listened to the advice given to her and that's concentrate on herself. Hadassah is just a nasty human being, she's just a bitch. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!

Now we're dealing with Fierceogram, just ugh. Then having Miss Jay living out his modeling fantasy. Then Asla is back to taking photos. Where are the fucking real photographers?

Mikey is just talking about threesomes throughout the whole damn episode which just makes it double ugh. I'm not a prude at all, whatever floats your boat but I don't need to hear about it all the time. Every woman Mikey touches gets eliminated. He's the walking kiss of death.

Devin keeps doing that stupid ass eyebrow raise and "birds of paradise" fingers when he needs to be using that in moderation and not all the damn time.

I see why this is the last season, this is one of the worst cycles ever. This show has lost its shine. It's so dim. These photo shoots are a joke, mostly because they're focusing on Tyra's raggedy ass isms and her beauty line. These models are possibly not gonna have a shot out there in the real world. They might now want to put any of the photos from this cycle in a portfolio at all.

You know what phrase I hate the most now..."At the end of the day". I hate it because everyone is saying it now.

• Love 1

Ick - girls you're on national TV mooning over a man who constantly looks like he needs a shower.  Someone also needs to introduce him to the concept of shampoo.  He looks like he smells bad.  I just can't with Mikey.  I don't get his appeal at all.  Especially in a 10 mile radius of Nyle.  Does he even hear himself when he is talking?

When Nyle and Mikey are even in the same room Mikey drops from like a 5 to a 2 just by comparison.  

LMAO @ Hadassah.  Wasn't she talking shit to Dustin about flirting when his mind should be in the game?  And there she is talking to Pig Pen about a threesome, gross.  

• Love 5

Nyles' photoshoot made me think of Oscar Dela Hoya. Although, Nyle looks better in ladies stockings.

Anyway, I was grossed out by Hadassa's flirting with Mikey. Why do these girls seem so flattered when Mikey shows them attention? I don't want to be someone's third or forth choice.

What happened to Lacey's skin in this episode? Poor girl looked really broken out. She's still gorgeous though.

I wasn't crazy about any of the photos this week. The best thing about all of the photos was Ms. Jay in the background.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 2

I'd love to see Miss J back on an iteration of Fashion Police without any of the current Fashion Police panel. Maybe with Tabatha and Nick from the old TV Guide Channel version...

Someone had suggested RuPaul to take over FP, and I thought that was brilliant.  I feel like Miss J would be along those lines so that would be a cool addition.

• Love 3

Zappos Couture?  Guess I really don't know what "couture" means...

I'm sure you probably do know what it means.  It's Tyra and Zappos that need to look up couture in the dictionary.

I feel like Mikey is a sexual harassment lawsuit just waiting to happen.

• Love 7

I used to have Tyra's hairstyle back in the day. I actually have the basic haircut now but I wear it natural (tapered 'fro). I'm mad at Tyra for making me want to straighten my hair for the first time in over 10 years. I don't even own a flat iron but I'm like...how late is Target open? lol

Ahem...anyway...did anybody seriously think Lacey was going home? When this was, what, the fifth time Hadassah's been in the bottom two? The fact that she lasted this long is just another indication that this show is ready for retirement. Tootles, sweetie...I'm sure Texas will be glad to welcome you back.

Say what you will about Mikey...he takes good pictures. I don't think he'll go all the way -- in fact I'm wondering if, based on the previews, he's going home next -- but I can see him getting some print work.

Surely someone at one of those six (6) modeling agencies that Devin's signed with has told him about his face and how to work it. No? Oh wait...that's why he's on THIS show...

I said a few weeks ago that this is Lacey's to lose but now I'm thinking it's going to be between Nyle and Mame. I'd be fine with either of them winning, to be honest.

Nyle winked? When? I missed that...

I wonder if someone told Kelley she was coming off like a dirty old lady around Nyle.  She seemed extra careful this week not to ask him to take his shirt off and not to heap praise upon him.  Maybe someone in HR had a talk with her....

Nyle winked? When? I missed that...

i think it was in Haassa's shoot, right after she rubbed whipped cream all over his torso.

two questions:

WHY in the house that has Nyle: a guy with perfect body and face, and, what seems like, great personality, are girls all over Mikey? I honestly wouldn't touch Mikey with a 10 foot pole, and i usually like that Northern European look that he seems to have, but not on him lol

and second, most important question, how do you get Nyle eating sushi off your thigh? 

• Love 5

I think Nyle doesn't make himself easily available or spends his time flirting with people and wanting threesomes so openly. Nyle focuses on the task at hand and that's being a model more than he focuses on who's available for sex. Nyle doesn't seem to want that kind of attention of having people fawn all over him. 

• Love 8

Who are these peeps? With the weeks of no show I sort of was forgetting them.....LOL

While Haddassah has been growing on me (loved her pic with poodle)....she was just delusional and petty to try to call out Lacy

As for Mikey vs Nyle....yes Nyle is hotter but IMHO not interested.....I think Lacey did have some hopes early on and has since resigned herself to friendzone

I know I will get flack for this...but ...Mikey is (over) hetrosexual..these are young women..away from "men" for so long...

other seasons had more guys interested in women....early seasons and in other countries (australia they have some hot male model shoots and the girl contestants end up with them for after party....early season one model went to bed with a hot Italian male model in Rome - scandal cause she had  boyfriend back home

Last season the gals had more guys interested in them.....does anyone honestly think Bello or Devan wants a relationship with a gal?

they also in most seasons had handsome Nigel Barker to swoon over and even flirt with

Now...they sure can't try to flirt with the only photog on set - Tyra's BF!

Yu Tsui is obviously not interested...nor are the various makeup and hair guys...

they don't even have dull but hot Rob Evans to flirt with at panel

Go ahead...flame away....I am sorry but I would not throw myself at a gay guy  or a bi or "fluid" guy....great to be friends, buddies, dance at their wedding but come on....you can admire someone's body/beauty without being turned on...

Mikey is the in the fortunate position of being the rooster in the hen house....and yes he acts badly...but after weeks and weeks of no attention other than Mame's honey who was kicked off....Mikey is at least interested (too interested) LOL

Edited by still hoping
  • Love 3

Did anybody think, the moment they mentioned that the event was for Zappos, and the winner would win a campaign with Zappos, that a man might win?

Not me. As soon as I saw it was for a Zappos campaign, I thought a woman would win, and as the challenge progressed, it was clearly going to be Mame.

I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of Zappos' website traffic consists of women. Women shopping for themselves (like my mom and I). And maybe also for their men and kids. But I think women's shoes is the biggest draw on the site. (We also get Zappo's catalog at home.)  Hence the challenge favored a female winner who could model Zappos' shoes in some sort of campaign.  JMO.

• Love 1

So did no one go home this week? I can't be bothered to watch. So many other things to do that are just more stimulating (what isn't?). But I don't see anything here about who got sent home, and I'm curious.

So did no one go home this week? I can't be bothered to watch. So many other things to do that are just more stimulating (what isn't?). But I don't see anything here about who got sent home, and I'm curious.

I think Haddasah (sp??) went home. Yeah I know, I was apparently really bored...

I think Haddasah (sp??) went home. Yeah I know, I was apparently really bored...

Ha! I mean I can't talk, clearly I watch the show. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on the new ep since it's been on break a couple weeks. Thanks for your response. Hadassah going home makes it much more likely that I will watch future episodes.

Edited by Oranaiche

In one shot, Miss J. looked like Nene Leakes. 

That was a weird photoshoot.  I feel like the guys had it somewhat easier because they could get crazy by removing their pants.  

That's all I can take away from this episode.  Except...is Tyra still dressing up as a photographer sometimes?  I feel like we could use one more of her shoots before this show wraps.  Hell, I want one more round of one-on-one talk show practice sessions, too.  Maybe that would draw some kind of story out of these people that makes them interesting.

This is one of the competitive reality shows where it's better to focus on doing well yourself than trying to sabotage other people. Like on The Amazing Race -- just do your best and go fast and don't waste time worrying about the other teams. As soon as Hadassah started badmouthing Lacey, I knew she was in trouble. And when it went from doing it in a diary room confessional to actually bringing it up with Kelly? Yeah, that's the end of you right there. I mean, maybe if she'd done really well in the challenge and had a great photo it could have saved her, but we all knew THAT wasn't going to happen!

I was surprised Lacey was in the bottom two. This was clearly a way of Tyra showing she wasn't playing favorites. I do assume Lacey will be back on top again next week, though. I expected the other person in the bottom would be Devin since he can't control his wacky face. I mean, it's fine. That's how you look. Clearly it gets you signed to multiple modeling agencies, even if it doesn't seem to get you any actual work forcing you to go on a low-rent reality show in search of fame. He's got just the one look, and it's very specific. Which is clearly why these agencies aren't finding him any work.

It's interesting, because Lacey had the early lead, and now has to be pushed down, but I'm not sure if they've changed their minds and she's not a finalist, or if they're just knocking her down a few pegs so she can come back in the end. Nyle peaked at just the right time, and is still up there, but Mame has emerged as a dark horse this season. She was always good but not great, but the last few episodes, I feel like Tyra might just be positioning HER for the win. Hard to tell at this point… Although to be fair, I'd be happy with any of those three winning. I'm just afraid Mikey is going to be in the finale, and that would be unacceptable. I don't want that asshole anywhere NEAR the prize. He's such a pig. But you know Tyra and the producers are just eating this up with a spoon, editing all his nonsense into the episodes. Why should we be treated to actual modeling competitions when there's Mikey to talk about forcing girls into threesomes! Ugh.

• Love 1

I found it weird that none of the close up "fierce-o-gram" shots looked like what their hash tag was. For instance, Mikey's "story" was that he was sending text to his boss letting him know that he closed the deal.  But his close-up didn't look a bit like a guy that just closed a deal, it looked more like a mugshot.  All of them were like that, but none of the judges mentioned it.  Why bother having the background story, just tell the models that they need to look serious in close up while having a "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" time.

Speaking of fierce-o-gram...Yikes!  I was really surprised that Tyra went with hashtag, instead of calling it a "Tyra-tag" or a "Hash-Tyra"

• Love 3

I'm puzzled about Lacey's edit. Is this the first time we had so many of her talking heads? To me, she seemed weird in this, like she was talking extra aggresively, or even condescendingly - maybe she was high!?. Someone I was watching with thought she was given a script. For me, because we saw so little of her earlier, I don't know what to think.  

You mean "Ty-Ty" tag?  Scratch that-- I don't want to give her any ideas.

I firmly believe that the only reason Hadassah gave Mikey the time of day is that she knew she was circling the drain and hoped a last-ditch try at a story-line would keep her in the competition.

• Love 3

Lacey needs an arc to be a viable competitor.  So far she's just...good, and for reality tv good's usually not good enough.  She'd be smart to work in more of an "I'm just feeling pretty for the first time" angle, in front of the judges so that they can feel validated by awarding her a victory.

• Love 1

WHY in the house that has Nyle: a guy with perfect body and face, and, what seems like, great personality, are girls all over Mikey? I honestly wouldn't touch Mikey with a 10 foot pole, and i usually like that Northern European look that he seems to have, but not on him lol

I know what you mean. On paper, Mikey is way more my type, aesthetically. Tall, thin, blond, fab cheekbones... I do kind of have a thing for men who look like Vikings. However, in practice, especially once they open their mouths, Nyle shoots way ahead, and Mikey... He just makes my skin crawl. I think pretty much every single time he says something, I want to pause the show so I can go have a shower. I don't even know how desperate I would have to be to find him merely distasteful, let alone a genuine turn-on.

• Love 2

Was Lacey even used in the others photo shoots?  I kept seeing Hadassah and Mame but no Lacey.  With that and Kelly's praising of how well Hadassah did in others shoots but not her own made me think they were going to find a way to save Hadassah. Thank goodness they didn't.  

I admit I have a thing for long haired boys and, at first glance, I'd be interested in Mikey - until he opened his mouth.  I need him knocked down a peg or two.  Hopefully that happens next week.

I know what you mean. On paper, Mikey is way more my type, aesthetically. Tall, thin, blond, fab cheekbones... I do kind of have a thing for men who look like Vikings. However, in practice, especially once they open their mouths, Nyle shoots way ahead, and Mikey... He just makes my skin crawl. I think pretty much every single time he says something, I want to pause the show so I can go have a shower. I don't even know how desperate I would have to be to find him merely distasteful, let alone a genuine turn-on.

to be fair sometimes Nyle has same effect, but for COMPLETELY different reasons LOL
  • Love 3

Miss Jay posing in the photos was the best thing about this photoshoot. Reminds me of an earlier cycle's photoshoot in which Miss Jay portrayed a fierce green witch on a conveyor belt chasing down the contestants. Those were good times!

Yay for Hadassah being eliminated. She did leave on a nice and cheerful note though so there's that. Devin should be next to go since his facial expression makes him look more like a contestant on "Rupaul's drag race" than ANTM. Actually he looks like C10 Dominique in the photoshoot where she was critiqued for looking "drag".

Mame would actually make a pretty good winner. She will not be the best winner but she will at least be better than Naima, Whitney, Saleisha, Laura, Lisa, Caridee, and Krista, just to name a few. My favorite is still Nyle, but I agree that this cycle's winner will probably be a woman, so it's between Mame and Lacey. I think judging from the Zappos marketing lady's reactions, Mame seems to be a more viable Zappos spokesmodel.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

to be fair sometimes Nyle has same effect, but for COMPLETELY different reasons LOL

Indeed, so to be clear, I'm talking about very hot showers, with plenty of antibacterial soap and some kind of serious scrubbing device. :)

• Love 2

Indeed, so to be clear, I'm talking about very hot showers, with plenty of antibacterial soap and some kind of serious scrubbing device. :)

Thats exactly the kind of shower I would want to take with Nyle......although I would use my hands as scrubbing devices.  I'm such a pervy old bird.

• Love 1

You know those ads where there are phantom cartoon smells hovering over things in peoples' houses that disappear when someone sprays them with disinfectant? Mikey could have a career just starring in those ads. I keep feeling like those girls should be wrapping themselves in latex before they flirt with him.

• Love 3

You know those ads where there are phantom cartoon smells hovering over things in peoples' houses that disappear when someone sprays them with disinfectant? Mikey could have a career just starring in those ads. I keep feeling like those girls should be wrapping themselves in latex before they flirt with him.

Like he has a green cartoon skull and crossbones following him around?  I could absolutely see it.  He always looks like he smells bad.

Ok Mikey is trash, but compared to Nyle, he actually models. Nyle only has ever just stood there with his beautiful face.  Mikey knows how to work it.

To me, Miss Jay is everything. I forgot to mention his look when Hadassah took it upon herself to so some twirling in the salon runway segment.She would have loved the A-Swirl Twins (remember?)  I enjoyed seeing him walk the runway again, like 10 years later.  After all, that is what he was hired for originally.

• Love 4