Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just watched the Omarosa ep and trying to parse out how the package for her dress + accessories ran to $25,000.

The dress, by Ysa Makino, had a price of $6,400. Allowing for alterations and sales tax, let's say $8,000. Then what else? Veil, shoes, head bling. I'm not seeing $25,000 here. Where did that number come from?

Regardless, doesn'tKleinfeld have a big enough reputation that they don't feel the need to donate a sizable package to someone who clearly hasn't the need for one?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Just watched the Omarosa ep and trying to parse out how the package for her dress + accessories ran to $25,000.

The dress, by Ysa Makino, had a price of $6,400. Allowing for alterations and sales tax, let's say $8,000. Then what else? Veil, shoes, head bling. I'm not seeing $25,000 here. Where did that number come from?

Regardless, doesn'tKleinfeld have a big enough reputation that they don't feel the need to donate a sizable package to someone who clearly hasn't the need for one?

Here's a biased, but kind of entertaining article about her appearance. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/11/trump-staffer-omarosa-returns-to-her-reality-tv-villain-ways-for-a-free-wedding-dress.html

Edited by rur
  • Love 4

Late to the party, but regarding last week's episode... I did a double take when the male friend of Valerie (the jet-set bride with the ''mafia'' entourage) said they were from Ile-Bizard since I'm from the area myself! (well, West Island, basically).

The dress she ended up with looked good on her, although it reminded me of lingerie... then again, it was a Pnina, lol.

• Love 1

I despised Claudia the moment she opened her mouth. I don't normally like to hate people on this show, but she was the most annoying bride in a long time.  She also had terrible taste. Her sisters were pretty, but lord can they NOT talk like that? 

The contrast between no-job, spoiled 21 year old and a bride living in a trailer with her family because of a natural disaster... they must have done that to keep people watching but it made Claudia look even worse.

• Love 10

I bet Claudia thought that she would gain "fans" by appearing on the show, but I doubt it.  After seeing her here I would avoid her at all costs.  Jacksgirl, 'vapid' is a perfect word to describe her.

• Love 9

This seems to be the season where the show stretches the definition of "celebrity" beyond all recognition.  I still don't know who this latest one was and I don't care.  That's not why I still occasionally check in.  I just wished someone anyone would tell her that the endless parade of sheaths weren't doing her any favors.

• Love 5

Claudia isn't going to look like she wants in any dress.  She is short and a bit dumpy (no body shaming intended). I'm thinking she watched Sex and the City and sees herself as Carrie,  a witty writer. Ugh, I laughed at her in some of those dresses. I have kids her age and would be appalled if they were like her 

• Love 3

Yes, Claudia is far more impressed with herself than she should be.  And, she seemed to not have a very good grasp on what styles might flatter her short and thick waisted figure.  The dress style she favored did her no favors.  I did enjoy seeing some different dresses, though, including ones with sleeves and it was a pleasant change of pace to have a bride specify that she wanted to be covered for her religious ceremony.  It didn't really go along with her professed love for Pnina, though; but I suspect her presence at Pnina's show was a PR move to hype her appearance on the show and her blog.

• Love 9

Oh the drama by Pnina at her show.  Good grief, get a grip.  This is not world peace you are negotiating.  It's a fashion show and yes, I know it's how you make a living, but viewing it from my side of the street so to speak, it just looks ridiculous.

Claudia is high maintenance and I had trouble understanding half of what she said.  Her 3 sisters weren't much better.  I cannot imagine family gatherings with those 4.  It must sound like a gaggle of geese.  The fiance must be deaf or hard of hearing.  Maybe after some good alterations the gown she chose will look nice.  I think that was the best choice of the ones we were shown, but I think she should have tried on a few more of various styles.

I live in Baton Rouge, and the story about the woman who lost her wedding dress in the flood we had back in August was touching.  As of today, there are still people living in FEMA trailers, campers, hotel rooms, and even a few tents in the yards of their houses.  Subdivisions made up of really nice houses now look like trailer parks or construction areas.  For many people going to live with a relative isn't a choice, because that relative also flooded.  Most of the areas that flooded had never flooded before and flood insurance was not required.  FEMA will help only so much with those situations.  If a person had flood insurance, the insurance companies aren't covering all of the costs of rebuilding and repairs.  Many people have just walked away from the houses they had lived in for many years because they don't have the resources to rebuild.  Contractor fraud is not uncommon either.  The local newspaper ran a story a couple of weeks ago about this SYTTD episode and gave more detail about the family and what they received from Kleinfelds. They all said that Randy was incredibly nice and emotional when he was here filming the episode.  They were truly surprised by all of the donations, and she expected him to bring only 3 or 4 dresses.            

• Love 9

Randy does seem genuine. I think he truly cares about the brides he helps. He looked fairly comfortable holding the baby. Seems like a nice guy. Maybe he should have helped annoying bride Claudia. I think he might have steered her away from the sheath. Was she wearing full body Spanx?

• Love 6

Good grief, from the moment she opened her mouth I hated Claudia. She has the worst case of vocal fry I've ever heard and she is way way way too impressed with herself for someone who has accomplished exactly nothing.

ETA: I was glad to see the vapid narcissist looked dreadful in everything she put on. She seemed incapable of selecting a dress that flattered her.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 9

The Louisiana bride's attitude seemed a bit entitled to me. SYTTD is coming & only bringing 2-3 dresses? That's not even within the realm of possibility; she couldn't possibly have been surprised (& didn't seem it). Randy was way more emotional than anyone there. Maybe that's just my take on it.

What does Claudia 'do', or, not do?  Is she some sort of YouTuber? 

I liked the dress she decided on, mostly because it was different than all the typical strapless same old's, but it didn't flatter her at all.  Listening to her was grating, & I should've muted her segments.

• Love 5

I tired of Claudia quickly, the hip talk/abreviations obvs, totes, gorg, omg! The vocal fry, totes annoying. Her parents were not at the appointment, probably getting a much needed break from all that annoying chit chat. And this girl actually got someone to date her more than once let alone to be proposed to?  He must be a saint.  I wonder if I look on line I can find her proposal.  I liked her dress but it was a bit matronly. 

1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

Last week Omarosa and this week Ms. Vocal Fry Beyond Annoying Girl with No Job?  What's happening to my show?  Waaaaaah!

Maybe next week we get an ax murderer! LOL.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, laredhead said:

Oh the drama by Pnina at her show.  Good grief, get a grip.  This is not world peace you are negotiating.  It's a fashion show and yes, I know it's how you make a living, but viewing it from my side of the street so to speak, it just looks ridiculous.

ITA. She's out-doing herself in crappy 'wanna look like I'm for sale' though. Why not just start selling blinged out pasties with a tight mini & call it a day? In white, of course- $5,000+. She must laugh all the way to the bank.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

What does Claudia 'do', or, not do?  Is she some sort of YouTuber? 

In her own words:

"Claudia Oshry is the brainchild, founder, and influencer behind @GirlWithNoJob, a female Millennial focused social media personality, who has amassed over 2.3M followers on Instagram and 4M across all of her social media platforms."

So, she considers herself a 'social media personality'.  Her website is not very impressive, very minimal; the front page has rapidly flashing graphics seemingly designed to induce seizures..  She, of course, has merchandized herself and, if you're in the market for a thong that says 'no job' on it;  you've come to the right place.  I suspect she makes a ridiculous amount of money for being a pretentious twit.

Trying to wade through her BS from other interviews, she was fired from an internship at a real business and started posting on Instagram because she had nothing better to do, in essence.  She then used 'analytics' (statistical analysis of the demographic data to those of us who speak English) and used that to decide what to post which is mainly cutesy photos of herself or cats or whatever with captions designed to appeal to young Millennial women; self-deprecating stuff about procrastination or sleeping instead of getting stuff done on weekends.  Her genius?  Her ability to get 'engagement' from her followers.  Apparently, getting people to comment on her Instagram posts is her claim to fame and the reason why various advertisers, including Captain Morgan, pay her for plugging their brand and making promotional appearances for them at 5-10 grand a pop.  The name for someone who does this sort of crap: 'an influencer' and people like the folks at Captain Morgan pay her a bundle for it. She now wants to reach the epitome of social media significance which is becoming a DJ and getting gigs for that..

BTW, she helped her fiancé get into the biz with his own Instagram gig, boy with no job, and now he's raking in the bucks too.

I have now heard of everything.

ETA: Somebody needs to tell Claudia what the term 'brainchild' means.  In her first sentence, she says that the Instagram account invented her when I think she perhaps meant that the Instagram persona 'girl with no job' was HER brainchild,  And this, on a website promoting her amazing skills.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11

I'm so sick of these talentless hacks and Millennial snowflakes and their social media "savvy".  What kind of world do we live in where a company is so desperate to make money that they throw money at these batshit youngsters.  And not only the likes of Claudia, but when people like Kylie Jenner gets paid thousands to "host" a party at a Vegas bar, despite the fact that she's underage.  

I don't think Claudia was so much a vocal fry as it's a valley girl fry.  When Whoopie Goldberg wants to imitate a bubble head  Caucasian teen, she slips into that Valley Girl speak.  Claudia thinks much more of herself than what she really is, and her choice of dresses was questionable at best.  She must see herself as being a 5'10" size 4 instead of what she really is.  

SYTTD is really pissing me off this season.  With Shay  and the choices of brides they're showing, the program is hitting the bottom of the barrel.  

• Love 10

How do these perfectly ORDINARY people develop such an ego??  The answer is parents who praise every time they blink their eyes, and tell them they are the best, most perfect little snowflakes ever. I had a friend like that. Her parents were still paying for her car when she was in her forties. 

Claudia's future husband must be totally whipped, or he will be. 

• Love 8

Can't say I'm surprised by the Elle King news. Didn't she mention on her episode that she never saw herself as getting married, but then was caught up in this whirlwind romance in which he proposed to her like 10 days after they had met? Not that it isn't possible to meet someone and know right away that they are "the one", but when she was recounting it on the show, something just seemed off. 

With the said, wasn't the dress that the social media chick selected the same one that Elle King bought? I was a little surprised that Kleinfeld's would allow two celebrities (using that term loosely) to walk away with the same dress. That dress sure is magical, though, in flattering the short and stout brides who want arm coverage. 

Meanwhile, I continue to be dismayed by the fact that we live in a world in which one can be rich and famous simply by having a social media account.

Also: no Shay two weeks in a row? I wonder what has happened...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I don't think Claudia was so much a vocal fry as it's a valley girl fry.

Whatever it was, it made a difficult show even more difficult to watch, imo, especially with the annoying abbreviated words that @Baltimore Betty mentioned. I found myself forwarding to the woman in Baton Rouge and only watching her story. 

4 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

and her choice of dresses was questionable at best.

I hated every one that she tried on.  Usually, if a bride picks I dress that I don't care for, I can at least admit that it looked good on her, even if not my style.  I didn't find any of hers flattering at all (I'd stop the ffwd whenever she walked out with a dress on).  I wish she'd have tried on different styles, even if they were sleeveless, since she could always add a pretty, long sleeved, shrug to go over them. 

• Love 4

High fives to Zola Registry for the $10,000 gift to the bride whose home flooded. That's incredibly generous. My bride-to-be daughter is currently registered with Zola--it's an amazing online wedding registry.

Little miss no-job can take a flying leap. I listened to her prattle for about 30 seconds before fast forwarding whenever she appeared. What a mess and she gives her generation a bad bad name. 

Why is this show persisting on the 'famous' folk and dramatic reveals??? I've watched SYTTD since it started and think I'm done. I compare some these ridiculous brides to my daughter and the wonderful, bonding experience we had choosing her wedding gown at BHLDN, and I'm grateful we're 'no one.' I wouldn't change that day for anything and it's a memory I'll treasure for the rest of my life. Please give us back moments like that, show, and exit with the drama. 

• Love 6

The girl with no job actually made me laugh.  Was that a Pnina dress that she said looked like a vagina.  The high drama at the Pnina show was hilarious, "somebody cut the bow!!!!!"  Cause cutting the bow would make the dress not look stripper fairyish.  That Louisiana bride had body for days.  I was confused at first though cause I kept thinking her daughter (the blonde teen) was her sister but it was her daughter.  Then I was wondering how old the bride is.  

• Love 3

Looking at the previews for this week's coming show, not only is Shay back (Ugh!) but it also looks like it's "Skanks R Us" this time.  What happened to the nice, decent NY and NJ brides that used to come in?  Why go away from that formula?  It's worked for 10 years and can still work.

• Love 4

VMCD88, I think the La. bride is probably in her mid-30's.  The teenage daughter was maybe 15, which means the bride was very young when that daughter was born.  If my memory is correct from the local newspaper article, the bride is a hair stylist.        

• Love 2
On 4/17/2017 at 0:20 PM, shksabelle said:

How do these perfectly ORDINARY people develop such an ego??  The answer is parents who praise every time they blink their eyes, and tell them they are the best, most perfect little snowflakes ever. I had a friend like that. Her parents were still paying for her car when she was in her forties. 

Claudia's future husband must be totally whipped, or he will be. 

Claudia's parents weren't at the appointment because her father died of a heart attack some years back.  Seems he made his fortune leasing cars to the mob.  And her mother is a well-known anti-muslim far rightist.  I kid you not.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Geller

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2010/10/13/gellers-wealth-from-corruption-fraud-mayve-facilitated-cop-killing/

• Love 4

I'm finally watching the latest ep.  I'm about six minutes in.  That Panini fashion show was ridonk.  Those were some of the ugliest wedding gowns I have ever seen.  Why were all the consultants taking photos and videos of the dresses?  

The girl with no job -I just can't with her.  So annoying! 

Randy's bride is very pretty!

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Claudia's parents weren't at the appointment because her father died of a heart attack some years back.  Seems he made his fortune leasing cars to the mob.  And her mother is a well-known anti-muslim far rightist.  I kid you not.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Geller

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2010/10/13/gellers-wealth-from-corruption-fraud-mayve-facilitated-cop-killing/

Yowza!! Claudia seems downright normal coming from that background.  Considering her mother's controversial views (Barack Obama is the illegitimate son of Malcolm X? Yikes!), I'd imagine the show wouldn't have filmed if she was there.  That and the fact that both of Claudia's parents became multimillionaires by selling cars to mobsters with fraudulent credentials may go a long way to explain Claudia's attitude.

• Love 3

A little preview for tomorrow night's episode.  

https://www.thelostogle.com/2017/04/21/aaron-tuttle-will-be-on-say-yes-to-the-dress-tomorrow-night/#comments

I've seen this guy in person. He is more orange than an Oompa Lompa. These two being on is a sure sign the show has jumped the shark. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, search on the website the link is from for why they mock the douche so much. Laughter for days. 

I've been rather busy lately and shows have been piling up on the DVR. After reading comments about the last two episodes (Omarosa and the vocal fry chick), I deleted without watching one second. I will eagerly read comments about this episode and if it, too, is ridiculous, this show will be permanently deleted from my list. It makes me sad because I like Randy and the female consultants, but this show is becoming just too stupid and irritating. I wonder if SYTTD Atlanta will return? 

• Love 1

That Panini fashion show was ridonk.  Those were some of the ugliest wedding gowns I have ever seen.

I can tell you Israeli brides have the worst taste in wedding gowns I have ever seen in my life. It explains much about Pnina.

We have Queen Victoria to blame for white bridal gowns, btw. It's a very Western sensibility. As a contrast, this is the traditional wedding attire of a Jewish Yemeni bride. Imagine the consultants trying to deal with that.

I swear, if I was at Kleinfields and my consultant showed up as casual as Shay is, I'd ask for another consultant and I wouldn't care if he got mad or not. For someone who claims to have been working in fashion, he certainly doesn't know how to dress for the job he has.

Edited by tarheel220
  • Love 6

dcided to take a shot vry time the wrd AMAZINg was sed.  Am on the flloor unble to move any limbs and ths msss is only halv vor.  Get a dmmed this.....ths......thesar............dicthsry!

• Love 13

All of a sudden, there was a new version, SYTTD: Northern Edition, on this evening. I missed the location -- Canada, maybe?  I was pleasantly surprised. Normal girls and a variety of dresses. What impressed me most was that a girl was asked her budget ($4000) and the first dress they had her try on was only $2000. Quite a difference from the Kleinfeld show that followed in which the bride, on a deadline, said her budget was $2500 and one of the first dresses the brought her was $2800. We've already seen the show enough times to know at the very least that there are always dresses in the sample/sale room that they'll be able to find.

Edited by rur
  • Love 4

Grand Canyon bride - 3/4 of her boobs were uncovered and they looked terribly painful throughout the episode. Oh, and her areola is now blurred out. All class. 

Weight lifter bride was alright. Nothing really of note. I didn't think the dress looked great on her at all, but hey...she was happy. 

Other bride, beautiful dress but also nothing much going on other than SHUSH SHAY. Also, stop bullying your way through the stock room to find dresses. 

• Love 10

Some episodes are a special covering the challenges that overweight brides may experience.  Today's episode was a special for brides with pumpkin spray tan and huge fake porno titties, and how to only pay lip service to covering them!

No-budget helicopter bride's had really gross tattoos, especially the ones in the inner thigh and crotch area. Not a good look with a romper!  And that so exciting red riding hood cape looked like the last thing left on the 75% off rack.  The removal skirt was totally redundant.

Popeye bride's junky dress was a huge disappointment.  It looked like cheap polyester satin.

Blonde Barbie's sparse lace dress with the nude/beige background was absolutely magnificent.  It made up for the other two clown brides!

Oh I almost forget... Go away Shay... it's not all about you, you attention hog.  At least he wasn't giving guff to our beloved Randy!

• Love 7

I don't know where helicopter bride got married, but it wasn't the Grand Canyon.  I was surprised when they were in Las Vegas getting ready and said they were getting married in an hour at the Grand Canyon.  When they got there it didn't really look like the Grand Canyon.  The clincher was that the officiant proclaimed them husband and wife by the power vested in him by the state of Nevada.  They were somewhere pretty, but not the Grand Canyon.  She was so, so trashy.

• Love 4

So, according to her college alumni blog/newspaper thing they flew OVER the Grand Canyon in the helicopter ride but the ceremony was as at Valley of the Fire in NV. I guess it's just outside Vegas.

https://www.qcc.edu/newsletter/2017/03/reality-show-features-alum

The whole thing was so trashy and absurd. They are so unique you guys! They don't do things like everyone else you guys! 

So yeah Loved it! So much pent up snark. Ah, I've missed you, show.

Oh Did they end up totaling up what her wedding outfit cost? 

• Love 5

Having watched many an episode of SYTTD that involved tatoos, I think the neck and arm tattoos are such a distraction for a wedding dress when you're trying to be so elegant.   Last night's episode was just plain odd, except for the one who got the lace dress for about $2500.  That dress looked nice on her. 

I saw Randy's wedding dress fashion show on his FB page.   Those are some beautiful dresses.  I hope we'll see them on SYTTD soon.   

• Love 3