Type keyword(s) to search

Game Of Thrones In The Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, arjumand said:

Here's a great interview with the writer for Eastwatch, Dave Hill: http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/13/game-of-thrones-eastwatch/

He clarifies a few points in the episode.

Thanks for posting. I always thought that the reason that the show kept the Baratheon stag in the opening was because they intended to bring back Gendry. I expect him to survive the upcoming wars and be legitimized so he can inherit a title and his families' lands.

Edited by SimoneS

Kit Harrington wants the cast to get matching tattoos when they finish filming S8 and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is not super into it:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau demonstrates prison workouts with Lin-Manuel Miranda:

Lin-Manuel Miranda says he would be afraid to write a GoT musical because the fans are intense:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8

Guess they want to promote tourism to certain areas and thousands of years of history aren't enough to attract tourists so they have to gin it up by associating with a popular TV show.

I would imagine there are tours to filming sites from the show.

One in particular was this island which has a road rising from the water line up to some castle.

2 hours ago, scrb said:

Guess they want to promote tourism to certain areas and thousands of years of history aren't enough to attract tourists so they have to gin it up by associating with a popular TV show.

It's like the people who spend thousands to go to Europe and then make a beeline for the nearest McDonald's.

It's an amazing piece of craftmanship (not sure I'd say the same about a Big Mac) and it provides people trained in the necessary skills with a job. Give those of us interested in tapestry something new to look at. The Bayeux tapestry will not mind.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scrb said:

One in particular was this island which has a road rising from the water line up to some castle.

Except that climb isn't in Ireland or in Northern Ireland but it is on the north coast of Spain. 

I had linked to it earlier this season and I can't find where I put it on non book talk but I found this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/arts-and-culture/filming-locations-game-of-thrones-season-seven/

which give the name 

islet of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe

If you use google maps to search for that in Spain, you can see where it is, and switch to satellite view, and then use the Google walking orange man down at street view and YOU can walk up the long path that Danys took up the hill to the castle (which happens to be CG), but the path is very real and really easy to walk up from your home computer.

38 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Except that climb isn't in Ireland or in Northern Ireland but it is on the north coast of Spain. 

I had linked to it earlier this season and I can't find where I put it on non book talk but I found this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/arts-and-culture/filming-locations-game-of-thrones-season-seven/

which give the name 

islet of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe

If you use google maps to search for that in Spain, you can see where it is, and switch to satellite view, and then use the Google walking orange man down at street view and YOU can walk up the long path that Danys took up the hill to the castle (which happens to be CG), but the path is very real and really easy to walk up from your home computer.

No not from this season, not Dragonstone.  It was an earlier season and it wasn't a road but like a steep pathway.  I remember reading about it before.  It's some tiny island.

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's like the people who spend thousands to go to Europe and then make a beeline for the nearest McDonald's.

Dirty secret is that a lot of Europeans, especially the younger ones, go to McDonalds and other US fast food chains a lot.

So a lot of cafes and smaller restaurants have had to put hamburgers on the menu.

It can be difficult to get a meal with meat for under 10 Euros.

Edited by scrb

Not sure if this is the right thread, but for those who have Amazon Alexa devices, I found a few good GOT Easter Eggs.

1) Tell Alexa: "Valar Morghulis"

2) Ask her: "Who is the Mother of Dragons"

3) Tell her: "Winter is Coming" (you will get several different responses if you keep saying it)

• Love 1
On 8/25/2017 at 6:18 PM, Haleth said:

My son sent me this, which makes me wish even more for a spinoff:

https://streamable.com/n0psq

That was too adorable, I mean seriously.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:48 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but for those who have Amazon Alexa devices, I found a few good GOT Easter Eggs.

1) Tell Alexa: "Valar Morghulis"

2) Ask her: "Who is the Mother of Dragons"

3) Tell her: "Winter is Coming" (you will get several different responses if you keep saying it)

I don't have Alexa, but when I said "Winter is coming" to Siri, she instantly responded with "Hodor"!?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, spaceghostess said:

I don't have Alexa, but when I said "Winter is coming" to Siri, she instantly responded with "Hodor"!?

How funny! When I said that, she asked me if a Lannister always paid their debts.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Fable said:

How funny! When I said that, she asked me if a Lannister always paid their debts.  

Alexa gives a variety of different quotes (maybe 10) from the show in response to "Winter is coming." I think more might have been added as I heard one or two I hadn't heard her say before this morning.

Edited by Bryce Lynch

More Alexa:

* What is the first lesson of sword fighting?

* What do we say to the god of death?

* What does Jon Snow know?

* You know nothing Jon Snow.

* What are the words of House Greyjoy/Lannister/Stark/Tarygaryen/Bolton/Baratheon 

1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

Following the lead of the movie "Clue" HBO power that is says multiple endings will be shot and the stars won't know which one is real. 

So leak away, and then try to figure out which leaks go to which endings.  

So stupid. 

Everything about GOT screams "writers, producers think that they're smarter than they actually are" and everything seems like a money grab concerning this show.  I can't wait for this hype to die out which sucks cause I use to love everything about ASOIAF yet this show and HBO have ruined it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Following the lead of the movie "Clue" HBO power that is says multiple endings will be shot and the stars won't know which one is real. 

So leak away, and then try to figure out which leaks go to which endings.  

Eh, I don't believe HBO for a second. It costs millions to film each episode, there is no way that the production company is wasting that kind of money to film multiple endings. 

I call bullshit on that tbh. I don't think they'll throw out money for that.
Last year the leaks entirely happened through scripts and people working on editing the epidoes aka they will film AND edit all the fake scenes? Pleaaaaaase, those are millions of dollars.

They'll have massive ratings no matter what, as this year proved so i can't see them bother tbh. It's going to be the new 'Jon Snow is REALLY dead u guys'.

• Love 1