Type keyword(s) to search

Game Of Thrones In The Media

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, nikma said:

And? Quality of the books began to decline greatly after ASOS. That happens in a lot of shows and books and movies. This doesn't mean D&D wanted that. 

'And' what? I doubt D&D wanted their show to decline in quality but that's what happened.

Just saw this 'wonderful' story about a hoax involving Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

The Game of Thrones star was involved in a bizarre hoax where several Danish news outlets reported that he died. Oops! “Fake news, we hear about it all the time,” Coster-Waldau said on Instagram. “In Denmark, apparently there’s a story that’s been floating around various websites, and it looked like a news story, and the news was that I had died. You click on the story and then go to some place where you can buy some sh*t.” It’s unclear what the “some sh*t” you could buy was, but you know what Jaime could have used more of? Common sense for not staying with Brienne. Anyway!

Coster-Waldau, who was concerned that his wife or daughters would see the fake report before he could tell them that he was “fine,” left a message for those behind the hoax: “To you who did this, I know you don’t care, but f*ck you.”

https://uproxx.com/tv/nikolaj-coster-waldau-not-dead-game-of-thrones/

Last night Trevor Noah asked where the next book is, since Martin should be sitting inside with nothing else to do like the rest of us.  I checked the not a blog, and apparently he's finding a lot of other things to do, even though he claims he is still writing.

• LOL 4

Are there still plans for HBO to continue on and do some Game of Thrones prequels?  After that last season I imagine the enthusiasm for such things has dampened quite a bit.

On 4/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, Ailianna said:

Last night Trevor Noah asked where the next book is, since Martin should be sitting inside with nothing else to do like the rest of us.  I checked the not a blog, and apparently he's finding a lot of other things to do, even though he claims he is still writing.

Yeah, it definitely looks like he won't be able to finish the series.  If he was planning the same ending as the TV show, maybe it's just as well.  Funny thing about getting older:  There's less energy, procrastination gets easier, and the day goes by really, really fast.

• Love 1

Martin is justifiably taking a beating in the media for his tone-deaf, blowhard, overall terrible virtual hosting of the Hugo awards. He had reportedly been isolating in a cabin and writing before that. Who knows how far he's gotten or how much this will set him back?

• Love 1
On 8/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, rmontro said:

Are there still plans for HBO to continue on and do some Game of Thrones prequels? 

Yes. House of the Dragon. Casting has begun and the show will air in April of 2022. 

Edited by nikma
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1