Type keyword(s) to search

Game Of Thrones In The Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jimmy and Maisie played an April Fools prank on the show. Maisie "let it slip" that Arya dies in the second episode and then covered her mouth and acted like she had made a huge mistake, then ran off the set. Jimmy followed her and then they came out and said April Fools.

Maisie looked super cute on the show. Her pink hair makes her look younger somehow.

Edited by Minneapple
(edited)

The whole thing is funny, but the walk of shame with the pelting donuts is comedic gold. Only topped by Leslie catching one of the donuts, biting into it and shoving the remaining bit into Kit's mouth. Kit is a good sport. I wouldn't eat a donut someone had bitten into.

If you haven't seen Leslie watch GOT with Seth Meyers, check it out on YT. You will be rolling. She is a mess! Too bad, she doesn't post here. 

Edited by SimoneS
Corrected to Meyers
  • Love 2

The premiere is in New York tonight! There's a huge Iron Throne outside 30 Rock and much of the cast (current and former) have been spotted.

image.png.534de79ef3db6af00915b5a8c9fc9b57.png

Emilia was on the Colbert show last night and she was super cute as always. And Gwendoline Christie was on GMA this morning and she was also cute. Loving all the GoT news!

Also, Oreos!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

The whole thing is funny, but the walk of shame with the pelting donuts is comedic gold. Only topped by Leslie catching one of the donuts, biting into it and shoving the remaining bit into Kit's mouth. Kit is a good sport. I wouldn't eat a donut someone had bitten into.

If you haven't seen Leslie watch GOT with Seth McFarlane, check it out on YT. You will be rolling. She is a mess! Too bad, she doesn't post here. 

Isn't that with Seth Meyers?

• Love 1
(edited)

The red carpet for the premiere is underway! The Watchers on the Wall twitter account is live-tweeting it if anyone wants to look. Maisie looks so cute with her pink hair and hairbow. No sign of Sophie, Emilia, Lena or Kit just yet, but it appears everyone is going to be there there.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 2

Emilia showed up and I want to like her dress. But first I want to tear all the tulle off of it. 

I think it would be a super cute dress without the floofy stuff over the chest and arms. 

Jack Gleeson showed up! But it appears Lena won't be there. I guess she's sick. Get better, Lena!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

Those papp's were very rude.

Paps are always rude. I saw a video of a red carpet from the stars' perspective and it's nuts. There's like a thousand paps with their bright flashbulb cameras, all yelling at the celebrities to do this, do that, look this way.

I thought I heard them boo Joe Jonas when he was taking pictures and someone called him Mr Turner.

But at least one I heard call the stars politely as Mr or Miss last name, but most... rude.

Jon Bradley on Sansa and Sophie Turner: 

Man, he's such a great speaker.

28:19

this is from at Estelle M Stone says

28:23

what has been your favorite storyline to

28:25

watch unfold throughout the entire

28:26

series in terms of another character

28:30

it's been no I'm saying if he's not mine

28:32

then it must be another character

28:35

I think Sansa I think that there's so

28:42

much in that story about what she

28:44

suffered and and the kind of emotional

28:46

and physical scars that that she carries

28:50

in the kind of torment that's been an

28:52

abuse that's being inflicted on her and

28:53

how she's really been kicked around by

28:55

life and the kind of the way that she's

28:58

still somehow strong and I still kept

29:01

her dignity after it or not I think that

29:03

the a lot of that is down to the right

29:06

and obviously and what a wonderful

29:07

character that was created by George and

29:10

by and adapted by David and down but I

29:12

think Sophie's sustained performance

29:16

over the course of this series is my

29:20

favorite performance because she makes

29:24

you feel everything she's feeling and

29:26

she's one of those she's one of those

29:27

people who she really makes you care

29:30

about that character you know I mean

29:32

because she's got a much she's got a

29:34

kind of magical quality to her it's the

29:37

same with Maisie but I think I think

29:39

Arya's kind of cause through things

29:42

although she probably my second favorite

29:44

her

29:45

okay course true this has just been

29:47

slightly less slightly less heroin I

29:52

think I think to see what's happened to

29:53

Sansa at the hands of all of these vile

29:55

people in her life

29:57

it's really unpleasant and really and

30:00

really disturbing and Sophie's humanity

30:03

and Sophie's kind of relatability and

30:06

them the amount that you care for when

30:09

you see your on screen that's just made

30:11

that entire journey possible because

30:14

David and Dan know what you're capable

30:15

of they know what your strengths are as

30:18

writers that's what they're so sensitive

30:19

as writers and they will write to your

30:21

strengths and they saw that Sophie had

30:24

this incredible emotional range and they

30:27

just think well you know we're gonna

30:29

give her some of the hardest emotionally

30:32

hardest scenes to film that I've ever

30:34

been on TV I think and time after time

30:36

is a sustained performance she's just

30:41

nailed it every single time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh good lord, those were some of the ugliest dresses I've ever seen on some beautiful women.  The only one I liked was Rose Leslie's one-shoulder red lace.  Very striking & lovely.  All the other women seemed to go for "edgy" .  Gwen Christie's hair & makeup were nice, but that dress was hideous. 

Good thing they're all great performers, because their fashion taste is horrible.  YMMV.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

I wish Louis Vuitton had given Sophie something fancier for the event. It's her final Game of Thrones premiere; she should have gotten a nice ballgown. 

Emilia's dress like I said was too floofy. The harsh makeup was worse than the dress, though.  

I actually really liked Gwendoline Christie's dress. It was DIFFERENT and fun and she stood out.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I actually really liked Gwendoline Christie's dress. It was DIFFERENT and fun and she stood out.

I agree, she looked gorgeous. I don't think that anyone but her could have pulled this one off. It was so fun to see her flap the sleeves for the paps -I think she had fun, too. She's so statuesque, and looks so dignified when she poses, the contrast was gold.

I didn't like Maisie and Sophie's outfits or make up (they're still beautiful young women). They (the outfits, not the girls) reminded me of the  dominatrix doll in Love, Actually.

I realized that Handsome Man in Armor is always handsome, but never as much as in armor.

Amanda Peet was kind of "the hostess", LOL. Momoa didn't seem keen on going for the pap round, can't blame him since he's just done that whole circus for Aquaman.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Minneapple said:

I wish Louis Vuitton had given Sophie something fancier for the event. It's her final Game of Thrones premiere; she should have gotten a nice ballgown. 

In one of her little interviews she said she wanted something a bit more on the casual side.

30 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

I'm really hoping some of the cast shows up during Kit Harington's SNL episode this weekend. I think a lot of them are still in New York so it would be great to see them there.

I have a feeling NCW shows up

On 4/3/2019 at 7:05 PM, Minneapple said:

But it appears Lena won't be there. I guess she's sick. Get better, Lena!

Any link as to why she's not there?  I really wanted to see her mop the floor with a magnificent dress worn with a magnificent attitude.  (She's an actress and we know she can do cold and haughty.)

(edited)

The nostalgia feels!

I actually like this better than a straight up plot summary because it does such a good job of capturing the feeling of the great moments in the show and reminds me how truly epic it was.

ETA, they just dropped a bunch for individual cast members as well.

and more. . . 

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2019 at 10:02 AM, Minneapple said:

I'm really hoping some of the cast shows up during Kit Harington's SNL episode this weekend. I think a lot of them are still in New York so it would be great to see them there.

Here's Kit's monologue with appearances from Emilia, John Bradley and Rose Leslie:

John Bradley talking about his speech he made at the wrap party:

• Love 1

I've seen a lot of photos of the red carpets around the world for this season of GOT.  Lots of people I recognize.  But I don't recall seeing GRRM in any of them.

Have I missed him or is he absent by design or lack of invitation? 

48 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I've seen a lot of photos of the red carpets around the world for this season of GOT.  Lots of people I recognize.  But I don't recall seeing GRRM in any of them.

Have I missed him or is he absent by design or lack of invitation? 

He was at the premiere in LA. Here is the interview he did with the Hollywood Reporter: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-george-rr-martin-final-season-prequel-series-status-1200003

• Useful 1

"Why Game of Thrones is easily the greatest show in TV history". I completely disagree with this article. I stopped watching mid season 3 because it is a weekly excursion into constant dreariness, misery, suffering, and sadistic actions going unpunished for way too long. Very dreary show and I don't like to immerse myself in dreariness.

Oh my God, Gritty as the Night King is terrifying. Forget the actual Night King, just have Gritty show up and everyone will run away screaming.

Anyway, here is a super adorable interview that Kit Harington did with Esquire Magazine. The adorable part is that Kit shares his old photos from the set. Scroll down to the family portrait!

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Anyway, here is a super adorable interview that Kit Harington did with Esquire Magazine. The adorable part is that Kit shares his old photos from the set. Scroll down to the family portrait!

Awww, I loved the pictures that he shared. Loved the story about the stunt guy too! "Did we get the shot?" I was imagining him yelling that as he was being carried on a stretcher to an ambulance. The picture of Sam's costume is priceless.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2019 at 5:26 PM, Minneapple said:

Oh my God, Gritty as the Night King is terrifying. Forget the actual Night King, just have Gritty show up and everyone will run away screaming.

Gritty = WTF?! every time I see him.

Loved the article and photos! Kit truly has a surfeit of charm. And he seems very un-vain for an actor. Can't recall any famous, hunky male hero-types calling out thier own shortness recently (if ever). Whatever his height, he's so, so pretty.

• Love 1

Is been so long between episodes that I've forgotten where all the fan material is 😄

Does anyone remember where you can find that really long Twitter compilation? I thought it was at winteriscomming but it doesn't seem so. Unless it's not up yet.