Type keyword(s) to search

Game Of Thrones In The Media

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Does anyone remember where you can find that really long Twitter compilation? I thought it was at winteriscomming but it doesn't seem so. Unless it's not up yet.

Watchers on the Wall has one... or actually two.  It's in two parts.  😊

• Love 1
5 hours ago, domina89 said:

Watchers on the Wall has one... or actually two.  It's in two parts.  😊

Warchers on the the wall! That's the one. Winter is coming is the crappy one. I couldn't remember. I tried nightswatch and got nothing 😁

Edited by Holmbo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

For those of you who are James Corden fans, his parents did an absolutely adorable YouTube-style reaction video to Winterfell

What they are cute! Especially, the reaction to the scene with the nude pleased. Charm!😍

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This band did a White Walkers version of Seven Nation Army:

Cool!!! They can go to Eurovision. You would get a prize - 100%!

• Love 1

Grey Worm and Missandei talk about going back to their homelands.

They don't like the weather or the lack of beaches.

But I think they felt unwelcome by the Northerners staring at them.  Sure they're like that about all strangers but it seems like they felt especially unwelcome.

Now maybe a lot of Northerners have never seen people of color from across the Narrow Sea but they've probably heard of them from those who visited KL or the southern parts of Westeros.

Probably the people most in contact with POC learned to make up slurs and stereotypes about those different in appearance, the Other.

So were Grey Worm and Missandei subject to taunts or slurs, either uttered overtly or under their breath?

I guess too late in the Game to delve into ethic issues in Westeros but maybe this is just a little nod to it.

It was unfortunate in tonight's show how it was implied the little kids ran away from Missandei because of skin color.

That was a huge misstep, IMO, and completely unnecessary.  And if they were going to go there, they should have addressed it years ago with Missandei and Grey Worm were brought on to the scene.

To even hint at it now is ridiculous - and arrogant of all involved to think it would satisfy audiences.  

I have two beefs with the show.  This is one and the other is the endless nudity of women and none for men.

• Love 7

Melisandre actress discusses her final Game of Thrones sacrifice

Lyanna Mormont actress Bella Ramsey discusses her Winterfell battle fate - my favorite bit:

Did director Miguel Sapochnik give you any special direction?
There was one thing he said to me that I don’t think I’ll ever forget. I wasn’t sure if she would be really scared or just a slight bit of scared. We tried it several ways. He said, “It’s like someone removed her fear gene.”

• Love 2
(edited)

Interview with Deborah Riley (head of GoT art department) about creating the Winterfell battle scenes here. Some tidbits:

• The amount of rain in Belfast and the lay of the land where Winterfell was originally built meant that mud would go up past your ankles.
  • [The snow is] paper that turns to papier-mâché when it gets wet so we'd have to scrape all of it. It takes an army of people to do that and they're not the people who get any of the glory at all. It was a phenomenal achievement.
  • [The dragonglass is] obsidian but the fake props were actually bitumen, which stank to be honest. It just smelt like roadworks. It had the look of obsidian with the cheapest budget possible.
  • Prop blood is very expensive, and then there are various types of it. We experimented with these to see which blood we could use for the close-up shots. Again, you can't leave that during the day for the various reactions it would have – the water, the snow and other things would turn a bright pinky orange colour. It sounds so simple but it was initially a real stumbling block to work it all out. There's different blood you can buy for different prices but with the amount we had to use, we had to be measured with the expensive blood and be careful with what blood we were putting where.
Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

JFC that's tacky

7 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Well, that's a surprise! But could they have used a more recent photo of Sophie on that article? Everyone knows she's blond now. And there are only like a million paparazzi photos of them.

Anyway, I think they're awfully young for marriage, but good luck to them.

She 23, he's 29. 23 is a bit young in my opinion, but not 29.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

For those who hated the episode, this is a recent YouTube rant that summarizes everything logistically wrong with what went down. There's lots of cursing, so it's NSFW, but pretty funny:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7zy1PTMp0&t=1635s

I haven't laughed this much in a long time, thanks! Nobody should turn this into a drinking game for every f-bomb (goodbye to your liver). That said it certainly enhanced my vocab with some interesting flourishes: 'you total cabbage' and 'useless lizard' were among my favorites LOL! 

• LOL 2
(edited)

The biggest thing I've learned from the response to this episode is how incredibly little I care about medieval battle tactics, or what the proper way to use a cavalry against a zombie army is.

Edited by AshleyN
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I love the Vegas wedding/pictures, so fun for them. 

It's not their "real" wedding, their parents weren't even there. It was just for legal, so might as well have fun and make it entertaining instead of just going to file papers before their France wedding. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Artsda said:

It's not their "real" wedding, their parents weren't even there. It was just for legal, so might as well have fun and make it entertaining instead of just going to file papers before their France wedding. 

Their vows were a little odd

Elvis impersonator: In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words.

Sophie & Joe (simultaneously): Father, smith, warrior, mother ,maiden, crone, stranger.

Joe: I am hers and she is mine from this day until the end of my days.

Sophie: I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/3/18528437/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-jon-snow-hero-westeros-daenerys-bad-leadership-dragons

This is everything I hate about Jon Snow. He is literally on my last nerve lately. 

But Game of Thrones has consistently underlined the point that being “good” doesn’t get most people anywhere, and it often makes things worse than they were before. Jon fails constantly, and he’s consistently rewarded and honored for his failures. He never faces any consequences that aren’t temporary, and most of the time, everyone around him suffers for his choices while he walks away a little mopier and forlorn. Someone else cleans up his mess, he never learns any lessons or changes as a person, and he continues to charge forward, ignorant of what he’s done. And somehow, he’s still on track to end up as the King of the Seven Kingdoms. Westeros deserves better than Jon Snow, but it seems unlikely that it’ll get it.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2019 at 9:45 PM, VCRTracking said:

Yeah, but I can't help loving this:

tumblr_pqvvzyw6Oq1y40cm2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_pqv7g1m4oG1r3u517_400.jpg

Yeah, it's adorable.  The way to make a Vegas wedding seriously tacky is to do a "real" wedding dress and not even have Elvis.  Ha.

On 5/3/2019 at 9:04 AM, Artsda said:

That's cool!

• Love 1
On 5/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, BitterApple said:

For those who hated the episode, this is a recent YouTube rant that summarizes everything logistically wrong with what went down. There's lots of cursing, so it's NSFW, but pretty funny:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7zy1PTMp0&t=1635s

Yeah, this is great.

The LONG NIGHT ends up lasting ONE night? 

I don't mind that they moved beyond the whole WW, but damn, one night?  They only make it to Winterfell?  Ha!

I loved the production on the episode, and obviously they really tried to do a great job (the inside the episode this week is fantastic) but damn, the lack of decent battle plans (other than the trench) was seriously horrible.

Also, as this said, they have a fortified castle, yet the armies all hang outside?

Outstanding video, even with every other word being a version of fuck.

• Love 2