Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, mtlchick said:

Oh man, I think I may stay up to the end just to find out who wins the jet ski.  I went to bed just as "La La Land" was proclaimed Best Picture.  NEVER AGAIN! 

I had my finger on the power button of my remote when the thing happened.

• Love 1

I think there should be a runner up prize for 2nd shortest speech - they should get a year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat! 

You have to be a certain age to find that funny.

• Love 18
(edited)
1 minute ago, Chas411 said:

Taking him down? I thought she was showing her support.

I thought she was being snarky so did others, Seacrest certainly thought she was from his reaction. Maybe we got it wrong?

Edited by SimoneS
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I just saw the clip of Taraji Henson taking down Seacrest. Bwah! She is the woman!

I was out all day and got home just in time for the main event but I did see some write up about the E! Red Carpet (didn't watch the video.)  When Taraji channels Cookie Lyon in real life, the internet and mankind wins. That said...I'm not a big Seacrest fan but I think there's something up with his situation that no one is saying.  Time will tell I guess. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Viola Davis has always had a weird gait.  However, tonight I do think her feet hurt like a mutha.

She almost went down.  I wonder if the floor was slippery and her shoes were too new.

• Love 2
Just now, SimoneS said:

I thought she was being snarky so did others. 

Yeah but at the end she was like I'll see you next week. He's probably interviewing her on live with Kelly. His guest were pre approved to be Ryan friendly to avoid any outbursts. I don't think there was anything in it. 

• Love 1

Ugh. I actually hope that speeches don't get political, because I don't watch for this shit. A few meaningful words that are relevant to the winner are fine (like when screenwriters talk about the importance of writing, or a first female winner talking about breaking ground in her category), but otherwise I am sick to death of all the politicking in Hollywood. We get it. Metoo, Weinstein, equal pay, POC, blah blah. I just want to watch pretty people win stuff.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

IThat said...I'm not a big Seacrest fan but I think there's something up with his situation that no one is saying.  Time will tell I guess. 

Yeah, I think they're counting on Seacrest to pay for one thing to keep another thing secret. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

She almost went down.  I wonder if the floor was slippery and her shoes were too new.

Could be, but I thought stylists always tell you to scrape the soles of new shoes before wearing them.   I know my mom used to tell me that. ; )

• Love 2