Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

Darkest Hour and The Post are the only 2 Best Picture films I have not seen yet. Was anyone able to see all of them?

I've seen all but Darkest Hour (which I'm honestly not that interested in). My favorite was Call Me By Your Name, with Get Out a close second. I'd be ok with a Shape of Water win as well. I think this is a pretty good year for film (no obvious stinkers among the BP nominations, and a few great films that got shut out). Three Billboards is probably my least favorite of the ones I've seen, so I"m hoping for an upset.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sweetcookieface said:

I've seen all but Darkest Hour (which I'm honestly not that interested in). My favorite was Call Me By Your Name, with Get Out a close second. I'd be ok with a Shape of Water win as well. I think this is a pretty good year for film (no obvious stinkers among the BP nominations, and a few great films that got shut out). Three Billboards is probably my least favorite of the ones I've seen, so I"m hoping for an upset.

I’ve seen six of the nine. Did not see Darkest Hour (not interested), Three Buildboards (Which DH liked and DS17 hated) and Phantom Thread (I think I just didn’t want to go to the movies when DS and DH saw it, lol). My favorite of the best pic noms I’ve seen is Shape of Water. Loved that movie.

(edited)

Not sure how many of you watched the red carpet (or saw pics online), but I'm curious who you'd rank among your best dressed. So far, my list includes Greta Gerwig, Zendaya, Lupita, Allison Janney, and Paz Vega.

Edited by sweetcookieface
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, sweetcookieface said:

I saw them all, but pretty much agree with your favorites. Shape of Water, Call Me By Your Name, and Get Out were my favorites. I hope for an upset, because I was not as enamored with Three Billboards as so many were.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

No, it was in theaters for a brief period strictly to be eligible for the Oscars.

So was OJ: Made In America but if anyone asked you would say it was on ESPN or online.

Edited by double-elvis
  • Love 1