Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

OK - 45 minutes & I'm done!   Jimmy Kimmel was a bit too preachy, I thought.  Liked the prize for shortest speech, though. 

Jennifer Garner's dress - loved it.  She's such a shlub normally, but she really nails the gowns at awards shows.  Lupita's dress was great, different.  Hated all the blush & pastel colors.  Allison Janney's was OK, although the sleeves were a bit much.  Laura Dern looked good, too.

Taraj - WTF - horrible negligee thing.  Emily Blunt - WTF

Whoopie - yuk 

Nicole Kidman - Loved the color, the bow - meh.  I wish her hair didn't wash her out so much

Same Rockwell's speech was great

Edited by Tanichka
  • Love 1

I saw all the Best Supporting Actress performances, and thought Allison was fantastic in I Tonya, but after rewatching Ladybird, I'm even more struck by the subtle, moving, and very REAL performance Laurie Metcalf gave. Was hoping she'd pull an upset, but can't begrudge Allison her win.

• Love 11

Whew...finally caught up with you all!  How dare my sister have a birthday and make me take her to dinner!!

I'll have to go back and watch the first hour because from what I read, there's some good stuff there.  Since I got home - yay Rita!!!  Love Allison Janney.  Loved Sam Rockwell!! 

I have wine and am ready to move forward! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, jjj said:

tears from Margot Robbie. Love it when the co-stars are so thrilled. 

Well, that and as the film's producer an Oscar win means more $ for the project.

Still, you're right.

I can only speak for me but I look at the fact that they're bringing Roseanne back on TV and I can only ask why and who thought that was a good idea and giving Roseanne another platform to be a terrible actress is just a waste to me. Sorry now I'm moving back to these regularly scheduled programming of the Oscars and making the comment that I have a feeling no one I want in the acting categories are going to win this evening.

• Love 3

Awww, I know Alison is talented but I was still hoping for Laurie.  I saw a lot of similarities in the  mother daughter relationship in Lady Bird with my daughter and myself.  No jumping out of moving cars...but you know.  Laurie hit every one of those notes just right.

• Love 11
(edited)

WTF I just turned away for 2 seconds and Kobe Bryant have now won an Oscar seriously how did that happen???? Are we going to go ahead and call it and he is officially the tallest Oscar winner in history as of today?

Edited by TV Mercenary
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, TV Mercenary said:

I can only speak for me but I look at the fact that they're bringing Roseanne back on TV and I can only ask why and who thought that was a good idea and giving Roseanne another platform to be a terrible actress is just a waste to me.

I can't help wondering if the association with Roseanne hurt Laurie Metcalf in the voting, even ijust a little.  I don't think it helped.

• Love 3

I'm such a fan of Glen Keane, and so overjoyed that he finally has an Oscar! I had the pleasure of meeting him at an animation workshop he was conducting, and he is such a sweet, warm person and so dedicated to passing on art and illustration to new generations (if you don't know who he is, he's the genius behind some of Disney's iconic characters and movies). Really interested to see Dear Basketball now! 

• Love 4