Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, mtlchick said:

Lupita is GOALS every damn day.  And then she needs to sign up and do a movie with Viola Davis.  A movie that probably wouldn't have been thought about 3 years ago.  

She is going to do a movie with Viola.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kib said:

Apparently he was quite jack up about receiving the award.  Too bad they could honor him live in tonight's broadcast.

"Get my son Jack Bauer on the phone! He'll sort it out!" 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Calvada said:

ITA - it's why I spend so much time watching Turner Classics and so little time going to the theater to see a movie now.  

I love that channel it's like a gold mine of amazingness and sometimes I see a film that I didn't even know existed and then I feel ashamed that I didn't know that it existed but I'm also glad that now I know that it exists so that I can now pay the proper homage that it deserves but I also hate sorta watching now because I loved the awesome movie traitor announcer guy that passed away a little while ago and I just loved him so I really miss that guy. I also think that they make the best in honor of montages for Lost Stars in Hollywood their set up scenes chosen and the music that they choose always leaves me bawling like a two-year-old having a tantrum at Whole Foods.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SnoGirl said:

Random thought, I really love the silver gem-stone like frame on the stage and that they keep changing its colors.

These guys do know how to put on a show.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I want a movie with Chris Pine, Kumail, and Lupita all together.

Actually also a movie with Chris Pine, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth would be great too. "Which Chris are you?"

Don’t forget Chris Pratt!

• Love 7
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

I love Gael but he’s sounding flat. Is he getting over a cold?

I thought the same thing--a bit flat.  But I haven't seen the movie or heard the song, so I didn't know if it that was how it was supposed to sound.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Actually also a movie with Chris Pine, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth would be great too. "Which Chris are you?"

You can add Chris Pratt shooting animals in the background,

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Get out!  He wasn't nominated for Mr. X in JFK?!  WTF?!

Or for Klute or (especially in my mind) Ordinary People.

I think his most egregious snub was Calvin Jarrett in Ordinary People.

Jinx! I owe you a coke!

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

"I am NOT Chris Pratt!  We didn't invite him, remember?"  

• Love 3
Just now, anniebird said:

I loved this movie and I love this song.

Me too. I want Remember Me to win. I do have a lot of love for Benj Pasek and Justin Paul who were nominated for The Greatest Showman, mainly because I have seen Dear Evan Hansen too many times, but I want Coco to win.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

Darkest Hour and The Post are the only 2 Best Picture films I have not seen yet. Was anyone able to see all of them?

Saw them all at AMC's Best Picture Showcase. My faves are The Shape of Water, Dunkirk, The Post, and Get Out.

• Love 1

Don’t forget Chris Pratt!

I'd be down for an Expendables type movie with the Chrises.  Toss in a few of the older ones to slum it up as well, like Chris Cooper and Chris Rock.  Chris Martin can do the soundtrack.

Normally, I'd say Coco had song in the bag, but I will not underestimate The Greatest Showman.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Or for Klute or (especially in my mind) Ordinary People.

All those, and "Don't Look Back," which was amazing and haunting. (Literally)

• Love 2

I'm very disappointed that Donald Sutherland wasn't honoured tonight, the way he should be.  I agree with the person who said he's a Canadian treasure.  He has one of the best voices in the business.  But an actor like Sutherland probably didn't mind that he wasn't on the big show.  He's always been about the work.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Well, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt will be in Infinity War next month.  Chris Pine spoiled the quartet happening by starring in a DC movie instead of MCU! 

• Love 3
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

I'd be down for an Expendables type movie with the Chrises.  Toss in a few of the older ones to slum it up as well, like Chris Cooper and Chris Rock.  Chris Martin can do the soundtrack.

Chris Sarandon can play the villain.

• Love 8
Just now, legaleagle53 said:

Have Donald and Kiefer ever done anything together?  They definitely should!

I think Donld will be the only one that can keep Kief inline onset like he's such a sweet Canadian and everything but I could totally see him going full-on daddy will slap you down if he ever got out of line which he sometimes has in the past. 

Does anyone else remember this military film with Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen who plays a really racist and evil General guy who's in charge of Charlie Sheen and he's a part of this all black detail group and at one point Martin Sheen almost kills one of the guys in a drunken rage and Charlie has to save him?

(edited)

Have Donald and Kiefer ever done anything together?  They definitely should!

Off the top of my head, I know they both were in A Time to Kill, but I don't think they shared a scene.

Rita Moreno!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3