Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Have Donald and Kiefer ever done anything together?  They definitely should!

Off the top of my head, I know they both were in A Time to Kill, but I don't think they shared a scene.

Rita Moreno!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

A jet ski and Lake Havasu. And just in time for spring break.

Lake Havasu?  That's in Arizona.  It's main claim to fame is being the home of London Bridge (yes, THAT London Bridge!).

• Love 1
Just now, legaleagle53 said:

Lake Havasu?  That's in Arizona.  It's main claim to fame is being the home of London Bridge (yes, THAT London Bridge!).

And a spring break destination if you don’t want to go to Mexico. 

So far, this ceremony is a fantastic recognition of many elder stateswomen artists.  They are all amazing. 

"I would like to THANK the Academy!" for highlighting them! 

• Love 8
Just now, AimingforYoko said:

EGOT winner and star of Electric Company Rita Moreno, "Heeeeey, youuuuu guuuys!"

She is the only reason I would ever watch the remake of "West Side Story" that I've heard is being considered.  She would HAVE to have a part in it.  Period.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Normally, I'd say Coco had song in the bag, but I will not underestimate The Greatest Showman.

Greatest Showman was the movie that didn't turn out the way Fox had hoped in terms of  awards BUT I know too many people that love the movie due to the soundtrack and I think that will push it for the win. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Very clever/smart of the producers to run a clip of the older presenter's noteworthy performance prior to them taking stage.  Lot's of folks have never seen their work.

Edited by kib
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

All that I think of whenever someone mentions Lake Havasu is Real Housewives of Orange County.

Me too! And it looked just that crowded when they were there.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TV Mercenary said:

Does anyone else remember this military film with Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen who plays a really racist and evil General guy who's in charge of Charlie Sheen and he's a part of this all black detail group and at one point Martin Sheen almost kills one of the guys in a drunken rage and Charlie has to save him?

Cadence. I loved that movie. 

• Love 1
(edited)

That Rita is a True Hollywood classic she is royalty she is class she is amazing and what a spectacular actress they just do not make them like her anymore. Can that JenniferTawrence chick take some hints from her.

Edited by TV Mercenary
my voice recognition software went haywire.
  • Love 2

Mahershala Ali!  He looks way younger without his moustache.

Was pulling for Laurie Metcalf, but Allison Janney seems to be someone that everyone in the industry loves (although, I'm sure she's more then deserving.)

• Love 10
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I didn’t love Phantom Thread but I love that moment of Lesley Manville.

I had no desire to see this movie but on the strength of that quote alone, I'd watch it. 

• Love 4

I was pulling for Laurie Metcalf. Getting kind of tired of Allison Janney, though of course that's not HER fault. 

I'm starting to appreciate punctuation in a way I never did before. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Alison Janney definitely won this during the second half of the campaign season.  Laurie Metcalfe was running the board and then...wasn't.  

She campaigned hard. Which is fine in this case because I love her but I would have been fine with Laurie winning too though.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I just heard that for the first time a woman is nominated for best cinematography. I just can't believe that.

Yep, and she was the cinematographer on Black Panther, too. Rachel Morrison. She does good work.

• Love 7