Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

If this 1st part of the Reunion is any indication of the remaining... it will be the most boring reunion in RH history. 

Maybe it's just me but they all appear slowed down..waay down.

Vicki definitely appeared to be chemically slowed down.  Also, I think the only time she smiled was when she was talking about her mother's road rage incident.  She didn't seem to find anyone else's comments amusing.

• Love 6

I thought "OG of OC" meant "Old Girl of Orange County"

Cuz Vicki is the oldest one (I think) and has been on the show the longest amount of time.

LOL.

This made me laugh because I doubt ol' Vicki would repeat it if that is what it meant.

Actually the whole conversation is funny.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

To me Vicki didn't look like she was on something.

What Vicki looked like was deeply depressed.

I disagree IMO she was resigned to the fact that she was about to be called out on her inconsistencies/lies more than anything else on top of being medicated.

• Love 13

So wait a minute, Crooks did an interview with E! for an hour? What the what? I barely have the interest to watch him for a minute. WTF were the morons over at E! thinking? Er, oh yeah, I forgot that E! & Bravo are all part of Comcast. Anyhoo, no way in hell I'm watching Crooksie for a fucking hour. But here it is. If anyone wants to watch & report back what bullshit he's throwing out, well, thanks & much appreciated (& maybe Tams will bless you)-

http://www.eonline.com/news/708550/brooks-ayers-tells-all-about-his-real-housewives-of-orange-county-co-stars-watch-the-full-interview-now

E! also lives and breathes all things Kardashian so no surprise that Brooks got added to their agenda.

• Love 5

I disagree IMO she was resigned to the fact that she was about to be called out on her inconsistencies/lies more than anything else on top of being medicated.

She looked like she was on pre-op meds-something she is very familiar with.  According to David they had to stop at some point and give Vicki a break and maybe a line of coke.  (I kid.)

• Love 11

I dount Icky would have shown up for reunion if she did not have to. She could not explain her lies anymore, no one belie ed her. But she did seem xanaxed or something. I did not see depressed though. Just apprehensive, maybe, that it finally caught up with her.

• Love 9

Vicki definitely appeared to be chemically slowed down. Also, I think the only time she smiled was when she was talking about her mother's road rage incident. She didn't seem to find anyone else's comments amusing.

Well, neither did I, and I'm definitely not medicated.

• Love 8

I am not sure I believe David hit on Vicki either because Vicki lies BUT I used to have a very attractive, married co-worker who would hit on not so attractive women, not ugly women, for the simple reason if his wife ever found out she would have the same "I don't believe it" reaction we are all having to David hitting on Vicki.

• Love 7
As I said in an earlier post, Vicki thinks because she has large breasts that makes them attractive. She hasn't gotten the memo that quantity does not trump quality. She also needs to learn how to walk gracefully in heels.

I think a problem a lot of older women run into with large implants is it just makes them look heavy.  if you are small framed like Tamra or Megan and you get implants, it looks relatively attractive.  But when you are large like Vicki, with heavy arms, a heavy bottom, thick waist, you just look heavy all over, not well-endowed and svelte.  She does not have the right body shape.  I am from an Italian family and she reminds me of my gram and her friends back in the 1970's, all heavy arms, with the huge boobs hanging out of their housecoat mumu dresses. LOL.  This is what Vicki looks like to me. 

• Love 13

I believe Heather, Terry, and Vicki sort of addressed this at last year's reunion. While Tamra was bellowing, "he's a flirt, he's a flirt," didn't Vicki relay some sort of story about David remarking upon her bra strap that supposedly constituted a come-on? And I definitely recall Terry sneering at Vicki that gossip from her was a nominal reason why he had gotten shit on his face over David's cat-calling.

I remember this from last year as well. I am kind of wondering if Heather and Terry exaggerated what Vicki told them as Shannon seemed more upset with Tamra about calling David a flirt, than she did about Vicki telling that bra strap story. I'm wondering if Terry and Heather were so upset about how they came across last year that they used that story to paint Vicki as the reason Terry was such a douche to David last season. I'm not saying that Vicki's hands are clean, but I just don't trust the Dubrows when it comes to Terry trying to keep Heather in good standing on the show. 

• Love 10

I remember this from last year as well. I am kind of wondering if Heather and Terry exaggerated what Vicki told them as Shannon seemed more upset with Tamra about calling David a flirt, than she did about Vicki telling that bra strap story. I'm wondering if Terry and Heather were so upset about how they came across last year that they used that story to paint Vicki as the reason Terry was such a douche to David last season. I'm not saying that Vicki's hands are clean, but I just don't trust the Dubrows when it comes to Terry trying to keep Heather in good standing on the show. 

IMO, Shannon would have ignored anything Vicki said/did last season about David. I see Vicki telling Heather/Terry 1 thing, that David outright flirted/hit on her, and then making it seem like no big deal, downplaying it, to Shannon. Again, IMO, just mine, Vicki played Shannon/Heather against each other just as much as Tamra did, just off camera.

• Love 6

IMO, Shannon would have ignored anything Vicki said/did last season about David. I see Vicki telling Heather/Terry 1 thing, that David outright flirted/hit on her, and then making it seem like no big deal, downplaying it, to Shannon. Again, IMO, just mine, Vicki played Shannon/Heather against each other just as much as Tamra did, just off camera.

That is entirely feasible. I just feel like the Dubrows (like all of the HW's) tend to make small situations and even misunderstandings into huge things only to backtrack later and say it wasn't a big deal or come up with a convenient target for why they made it a big deal in the first place ot my personal favorite that it was their perception of the event. 

Like David's comments when Heather was riding the bull last year. First it was "who speaks to a married woman that way?" Then, it was "well, Eddie is our friend so when he apologized we forgave him." Then, they blindside Shannon with how angry Terry is with David about the comments months after the fact, while on vacation in another country. Then, Terry was calling David a construction guy who is actually a "penis." Then, in the blogs, Heather was back to saying it really wasn't that big of a deal and got blown out of proportion because of fan backlash. 

Now, here they have this very convenient way to paint Vicki as the person who put them on this path of disliking David. Even though at any time prior to the end of last season, Terry and Heather could have spoken directly to Shannon and David about the events at the rodeo and why they were bothered by them. Vicki's gossip would have had nothing whatsoever to do with anything if they had done that. But, much like Tamra, they waited to see which way the wind would blow with Shannon and David and held on to that bit of gossip and even gave it a little play at the reunion.

If they bring Vicki back next season and give her a redemption, Tamra is going to come running back (most likely using the "I forgive you because I am a Christian excuse), Heather and Terry will fall in line. Suddenly, the "David flirts" and the "bra strap story" will be painted with Heather's perception excuse. "Well, from the information that Vicki relayed to us about the bra strap story, our PERCEPTION was that Vicki felt you hit on her. That colored the rest our interactions with you, because Vicki was our friend at the time, and we had already PERCEIVED that there was animosity between us, so we believed our friend." Just like it was Heather's PERCEPTION that Shannon was yelling at her during chair gate and it was Terry and Heather's PERCEPTION that David's apology for the cat calls wasn't sincere, and it was their PERCEPTION that maybe Shannon needed an ambulance at Lizzie's dinner party.

I just don't trust the Dubrows, their motives, or especially their PERCEPTIONS. LOL

• Love 19

That is entirely feasible. I just feel like the Dubrows (like all of the HW's) tend to make small situations and even misunderstandings into huge things only to backtrack later and say it wasn't a big deal or come up with a convenient target for why they made it a big deal in the first place ot my personal favorite that it was their perception of the event.

Like David's comments when Heather was riding the bull last year. First it was "who speaks to a married woman that way?" Then, it was "well, Eddie is our friend so when he apologized we forgave him." Then, they blindside Shannon with how angry Terry is with David about the comments months after the fact, while on vacation in another country. Then, Terry was calling David a construction guy who is actually a "penis." Then, in the blogs, Heather was back to saying it really wasn't that big of a deal and got blown out of proportion because of fan backlash.

Now, here they have this very convenient way to paint Vicki as the person who put them on this path of disliking David. Even though at any time prior to the end of last season, Terry and Heather could have spoken directly to Shannon and David about the events at the rodeo and why they were bothered by them. Vicki's gossip would have had nothing whatsoever to do with anything if they had done that. But, much like Tamra, they waited to see which way the wind would blow with Shannon and David and held on to that bit of gossip and even gave it a little play at the reunion.

If they bring Vicki back next season and give her a redemption, Tamra is going to come running back (most likely using the "I forgive you because I am a Christian excuse), Heather and Terry will fall in line. Suddenly, the "David flirts" and the "bra strap story" will be painted with Heather's perception excuse. "Well, from the information that Vicki relayed to us about the bra strap story, our PERCEPTION was that Vicki felt you hit on her. That colored the rest our interactions with you, because Vicki was our friend at the time, and we had already PERCEIVED that there was animosity between us, so we believed our friend." Just like it was Heather's PERCEPTION that Shannon was yelling at her during chair gate and it was Terry and Heather's PERCEPTION that David's apology for the cat calls wasn't sincere, and it was their PERCEPTION that maybe Shannon needed an ambulance at Lizzie's dinner party.

I just don't trust the Dubrows, their motives, or especially their PERCEPTIONS. LOL

Your post is awesome!

----

IMO, all of the HWs should have been subjected to the same level of scrutiny Vicki was apparently subjected to during the reunion.

It really frustrates me to see a gaggle of liars attempting to occupy the moral high ground while questioning another liar's actions and statements.

That just doesn't sit right with me.

----

I wonder if Vicki even knows what OG really means?

Nah.

Lol!

----

I just want to say there are some really talented and smart writers in this forum!

I'm grateful and humbled!

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 8

Your post is awesome!

----

IMO, all of the HWs should have been subjected to the same level of scrutiny Vicki was apparently subjected to during the reunion.

It really frustrates me to see a gaggle of liars attempting to occupy the moral high ground while questioning another liar's actions and statements.

That just doesn't sit right with me.

I wonder if Vicki even knows what OG really means?

Nah.

Lol!

----

I just want to say there are some really talented and smart writers in this forum!

I'm grateful and humbled!

----

Heather got it last season on the reunion and she apologized at times for things she did. The only HW that hasn't gotten it with both barrels is, IMO, Tamra so far. Vicki has gone 9 entire season without being put in the hot seat, it is her turn/time.

• Love 8

The proof David didn't hit on Vicki-they didn't bang.  Being easy just isn't enough sometimes.  Sorry, but I think Vicki, the participant of many an extra-marital affair, rolls over pretty easy.  Vicki is just dying to find a wealthy man.  She wants a break.   It would be hard for her to give up control but I am quite certain she would rather wage the battle of arguing about spending too much money than being the one to provide all the funds.  She wants the yacht and the vacation homes and most of all hours and hours of unfettered "affirmations".  She gets that from her affairs-her long term loves seem to not be able to endure.  I also think Vicki is very desirous of being seen as desirable.  I just don't buy she accidently took a picture of her big ole' fake boob and accidently put it out there for public consumption.

• Love 13

Heather got it last season on the reunion and she apologized at times for things she did. The only HW that hasn't gotten it with both barrels is, IMO, Tamra so far. Vicki has gone 9 entire season without being put in the hot seat, it is her turn/time.

I don't think Vicki has never been in the hot seat, with the exception of last season, I would say she occupied the hot seat more than any other cast member (and that just may be because of her status as longest housewife standing). Even if there was a set target like Alexis or Gretchen, Vicki still got flack for her behavior, choices, and treatment of the cast. It was just easier for her brush it off because she always had at least one person on her side. 

Once Brooks was introduced, Vicki got flack from not just her cast mates but also Briana - at every reunion. Even though last season was a really good one for Vicki, they still brought Briana on to lambaste her over Brooks. I just see it as a given that at some point during each reunion, Vicki gets a lot of heat. This season's reunion is more intensely anti-Vicki because all of the shit the other HW's pulled is being glossed over in favor of making it all about how awful Vicki is and for once, she doesn't have a single ally backing her up. 

I do agree that Tamra is the only one who has never been in the hot seat. I think that is more Andy's doing though because there was a LOT of fan backlash against Tamra last season and somehow that all got directed towards Shannon/Heather/David/Terry and Brianna versus Vicki and Brooks. 

• Love 9

Vicki was definitely in the hot seat at the end of Season 5 (remember her bellowing, "The fun is gone!" on the streets of San Francisco?). Pretty much everyone was against her - Alexis, Gretchen, Jim, Slade, even Lynn and Frank were pissed about the "he works" comment at their dinner party. Tamra was kind of there as a go-between, but she had her issues with Vicki as well. IIRC, Vicki threatened to walk off the set at one point. I think Tamra was pretty much in the hot seat last year.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 6

I don't think Vicki has never been in the hot seat, with the exception of last season, I would say she occupied the hot seat more than any other cast member (and that just may be because of her status as longest housewife standing). Even if there was a set target like Alexis or Gretchen, Vicki still got flack for her behavior, choices, and treatment of the cast. It was just easier for her brush it off because she always had at least one person on her side. 

Once Brooks was introduced, Vicki got flack from not just her cast mates but also Briana - at every reunion. Even though last season was a really good one for Vicki, they still brought Briana on to lambaste her over Brooks. I just see it as a given that at some point during each reunion, Vicki gets a lot of heat. This season's reunion is more intensely anti-Vicki because all of the shit the other HW's pulled is being glossed over in favor of making it all about how awful Vicki is and for once, she doesn't have a single ally backing her up. 

I do agree that Tamra is the only one who has never been in the hot seat. I think that is more Andy's doing though because there was a LOT of fan backlash against Tamra last season and somehow that all got directed towards Shannon/Heather/David/Terry and Brianna versus Vicki and Brooks. 

With the exception of getting flack about Brooks, Vicki for the most part has skated when it comes to being called out. They all get in the hot seat each reunion, all of them, for 1 or 2 things they have said/done but Vicki has never had her lies brought up and IMO, there are a LOT of lies she is responsabile for, even more so this season. Even when Vicki was going after Slade, Tamra took more heat than Vicki, herself, did. Anytime anyone really challenges her, she tries to walk away/leave, reunion or not, it is her MO.

• Love 7

If Tamra has been in the hot seat before, it was not nearly to the intensity she deserves.

Sometimes I think that so called woman is made out of asbestos. Heat resistant in a disease causing way.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 10

If Tamra has been in the hotseat before, it was not nearly to the intensity she deserves.

Sometimes I think she is made out of asbestos. Heat resistant in a disease causing way.

I don't think Tamra has ever been in the hot seat like most of the others have. She may have answered a few heated questions but that is about it, not a true "hot seat" where most or all of the others call out her behavior/lies. JMO

• Love 5

I'm not attempting to play psychologist here since I'm not qualified to be one (but I think I'm qualified to need one!) I sometimes think that Vicki is very insecure about her looks and tries to compensate by bragging about her success and monetary value.

That's the one thing I dislike about living in south Orange County...a lot of people are so superficial and pretentious. It's all about looks, prestige, money.

But there are also real nice folks who live here who aren't like that (just for the record)

• Love 10
I sometimes think that Vicki is very insecure about her looks and tries to compensate by bragging about her success and monetary value.

I agree, Chenoa333, and I think she's generally insecure: looks, education*, background, family, etc.  She's probably insecure about her business and the amount of money she makes, thinking it will never be enough.

*Education.  She seems to mention that word often.  To Sushi Girl: get an education.   About Meghan: my daughter has an education.  Actually, Meghan may be better educated than Brianna...but that's for another day.

• Love 7

The proof David didn't hit on Vicki-they didn't bang.  Being easy just isn't enough sometimes.  Sorry, but I think Vicki, the participant of many an extra-marital affair, rolls over pretty easy.  Vicki is just dying to find a wealthy man.  She wants a break.   It would be hard for her to give up control but I am quite certain she would rather wage the battle of arguing about spending too much money than being the one to provide all the funds.  She wants the yacht and the vacation homes and most of all hours and hours of unfettered "affirmations".  She gets that from her affairs-her long term loves seem to not be able to endure.  I also think Vicki is very desirous of being seen as desirable.  I just don't buy she accidently took a picture of her big ole' fake boob and accidently put it out there for public consumption.

LOVE every bit of this post, especially this part -  "Sorry, but I think Vicki, the participant of many an extra-marital affair, rolls over pretty easy." Bwaaahahaha! That had me dying!

• Love 4

I agree, Chenoa333, and I think she's generally insecure: looks, education*, background, family, etc.  She's probably insecure about her business and the amount of money she makes, thinking it will never be enough.

*Education.  She seems to mention that word often.  To Sushi Girl: get an education.   About Meghan: my daughter has an education.  Actually, Meghan may be better educated than Brianna...but that's for another day.

Meghan graduated from Ole Miss and Vicki graduated from high school.

screen-shot-2015-10-20-at-1-05-15-pm.png

From Stoopid Housewives

Shannon looks an awful lot like Kim Richards in this photo.

• Love 14

Including this here since Lauri was on the post-reunion ep of WWHL. If production jettisons Vicki and feels the need to resurrect another original cast member, she makes the most sense to me in that George appears to boast at least a comparable amount of wealth on paper to the Dubrows, Beadors, McLaughlins, and other recent additions to the franchise. Andy seems to be consistently into her as well. Looks like Lauri eventually managed to do the right thing and adopt Josh's baby although her narrative frames that as an almost reluctant decision and it seems like she had to put those powers of persuasion to use on George: http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/lauri-peterson-real-housewives-orange-county-adopted-her-sons-daughter. . . Also, Katie Hamilton remains a class act. Her social media suggests she's still visiting California even though Josh got traded back to the Rangers (and thus visitation near the Angels wouldn't be an issue): https://instagram.com/p/8wxd72tXQd/

• Love 3

Including this here since Lauri was on the post-reunion ep of WWHL. If production jettisons Vicki and feels the need to resurrect another original cast member, she makes the most sense to me in that George appears to boast at least a comparable amount of wealth on paper to the Dubrows, Beadors, McLaughlins, and other recent additions to the franchise. Andy seems to be consistently into her as well. Looks like Lauri eventually managed to do the right thing and adopt Josh's baby although her narrative frames that as an almost reluctant decision and it seems like she had to put those powers of persuasion to use on George: http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/lauri-peterson-real-housewives-orange-county-adopted-her-sons-daughter. . . Also, Katie Hamilton remains a class act. Her social media suggests she's still visiting California even though Josh got traded back to the Rangers (and thus visitation near the Angels wouldn't be an issue): https://instagram.com/p/8wxd72tXQd/

Tamra looks evil in that pic.  In fact, I think I see Lucifer peeking through the botox.. Check out the evil (and the tightly pulled skin from her nose job) in this photo.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/tamra-judges-daughter-sidney-calls-her-abusive-rhoc-171558323-us-weekly.html?ref=gsn

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 1

Ole Miss is in a state that incorporates the Confederate battle flag into the design of the state flag.

Students at Ole Miss only recently voted to have the state flag removed fr/ school grounds.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/ole-miss-students-votes-remove-state-flag-confederate-emblem-campus/

If Meghan is really concerned about slavery, truth, and justice, she should have considered picking a different school for her higher education.

• Love 1

Meghan graduated from Ole Miss and Vicki graduated from high school.

Shannon looks an awful lot like Kim Richards in this photo.

Makes me wonder if they're heading in the direction eventually of accusing Shannon of being an alcoholic -- similar to what was done to Sonja and the Moaner.  Except the accusations didn't really stick with either of them.  With Shannon?  Probably some validity there.

• Love 4

Does the above "Ole Miss" comment mean the school embraces/supports slavery, disinformation, and injustice...and a graduating senior should be mature enough to weigh every possibility when she chooses a college?   Hope I've midunderstood the implications.

• Love 11

Watching the reunion again made me realize that heavy lip gloss is no over 40 something's friend.  Well, no one's friend really but it looks even worse on older women.

Jennifer Lopez would disagree.

So would Elle:

http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/news/a14978/anti-aging-makeup-tips/

Sorry but I just can't stand the 'age' rules.  If I were to say anything about these women and some of the other housewives it's their penchant for fake eyelashes and the overuse of black liner and smokey eye shadow.   I don't care what their age is.  Most of them are ridiculously overdone and trying too hard.  Especially with bleached blond hair.  It's not an age thing. 

• Love 7

Hi all :) I've been watching this season on YouTube since my pvr hasn't been cooperating, u have to wait a few days after it's on tv to find an episode on YouTube but have never had a problem finding it until this reunion episode, I can't find an episode anywhere online, I'm wondering if any of you know of a website I can watch it on that has worked for you?

The bravo website doesn't work for me being in canada it won't let me view. Any other suggestions?

Jennifer Lopez would disagree.

So would Elle:

http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/news/a14978/anti-aging-makeup-tips/

Sorry but I just can't stand the 'age' rules.  If I were to say anything about these women and some of the other housewives it's their penchant for fake eyelashes and the overuse of black liner and smokey eye shadow.   I don't care what their age is.  Most of them are ridiculously overdone and trying too hard.  Especially with bleached blond hair.  It's not an age thing. 

I think you missed the key adjective I used:  "Heavy."  All of the women on the show had it on so heavy it looked like it was dripping in goo over their lipstick.  Also, I had already commented about their hair, and black eyeliner. 

And I'm 48, so at my age in order to not look like a clown, you do apply some "age" rules

• Love 4

I think you missed the key adjective I used:  "Heavy."  All of the women on the show had it on so heavy it looked like it was dripping in goo over their lipstick.  Also, I had already commented about their hair, and black eyeliner. 

And I'm 48, so at my age in order to not look like a clown, you do apply some "age" rules

I don't call it 'age' rules.  It's looking in the mirror.  Does someone celebrate their fortieth birthday and on that day throw out things because all of a sudden they're not 'age' appropriate?  Dripping in goo over lipstick is inappropriate at any age.

• Love 6

I don't call it 'age' rules.  It's looking in the mirror.  Does someone celebrate their fortieth birthday and on that day throw out things because all of a sudden they're not 'age' appropriate?  Dripping in goo over lipstick is inappropriate at any age.

In addition to my "heavy" adjective, you seem to have missed another key portion of the original post where I noted it is "no one's friend."  

Surely, you recognize that some things that may look great on a youngster doesn't look good on someone over 40.  For example, my daughter who is a brunette can put black semi-permanent hair dye on her and it looks great.  If I were to use the same product on my brunette hair, at 48, it would look awful on me and it would age me.  Long hair looks fabulous on my daughter, at 48, it looks ridiculous on me.  I think Tamra's long hair looks awful on her.  When she was much younger, I'm sure it didn't.  

I don't think you have to throw out everything as soon as you hit a certain age, but some beauty trends that look great on 20 somethings isn't necessarily going to look right on an over 40 something.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9