Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E20: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

In addition to my "heavy" adjective, you seem to have missed another key portion of the original post where I noted it is "no one's friend."  

Surely, you recognize that some things that may look great on a youngster doesn't look good on someone over 40.  For example, my daughter who is a brunette can put black semi-permanent hair dye on her and it looks great.  If I were to use the same product on my brunette hair, at 48, it would look awful on me and it would age me.  Long hair looks fabulous on my daughter, at 48, it looks ridiculous on me.  I think Tamra's long hair looks awful on her.  When she was much younger, I'm sure it didn't.  

I don't think you have to throw out everything as soon as you hit a certain age, but some beauty trends that look great on 20 somethings isn't necessarily going to look right on an over 40 something.  

I was responding to what you stated:  Watching the reunion again made me realize that heavy lip gloss is no over 40 something's friend.  Well, no one's friend really but it looks even worse on older women. 

You stated over 'forty'.  Blanket statement.  That's my point. And again, you're making a blanket statement about hitting a certain age in your reply.  Yeah, maybe long semi black hair looks fabulous on your daughter but not on 'you'.  But 'you' don't represent every person 48 years old.  Cher still rocks semi black long hair and IMO, she was certainly doing it in her forties.  Nor does Tamra represent everyone 48 years old.  Christie Brinkley is 62 and is rocking pretty much the same blond hair.  So does that make it about 'age'?  Or is it about individuals rather than age?   When you become an adult, age is just a number, not a 'rule'.  And what is so fascinating to me, IMO,  is that these rules come from women more so than men.  

I'm done.  We're going way off topic.  We can agree to disagree. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 10

I'm not a makeup fan in general and wish it would fall out of style.  But if one is going to use it, I'm of the mindset that less is more - at any age.

The make up the OC women wear is over the top.  For some reason, it comes off as cartoony compared to the women in the other cities.

• Love 11

I was responding to what you stated:  Watching the reunion again made me realize that heavy lip gloss is no over 40 something's friend.  Well, no one's friend really but it looks even worse on older women. 

You stated over 'forty'.  Blanket statement.  That's my point. And again, you're making a blanket statement about hitting a certain age in your reply.  Yeah, maybe long semi black hair looks fabulous on your daughter but not on 'you'.  But 'you' don't represent every person 48 years old.  Cher still rocks semi black long hair and IMO, she was certainly doing it in her forties.  Nor does Tamra represent everyone 48 years old.  Christie Brinkley is 62 and is rocking pretty much the same blond hair.  So does that make it about 'age'?  Or is it about individuals rather than age?   When you become an adult, age is just a number, not a 'rule'.  And what is so fascinating to me, IMO,  is that these rules come from women more so than men.  

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have blonde hair of black hair after "a certain age", it just needs to be toned down a bit and not so extreme. Tamra's hair looks awful because it's overprocessed straw, she has terrible extensions, and the color looks dull and fake. It looks like dyed hair. Christie Brinkley's hair looks great because she's not too blonde and it's in excellent condition. Yes, there are exception to these "age rules" but most women generally need to follow those rules if they want to look their best and not look ridiculous. It's fine to have long hair past your shoulders after 40 if your hair is healthy, thick, shiny, in good condition but what I see so often is women who don't want to give up the long hair, want to keep it just for the sake of having long hair and they end up with this dull, stringy, thin mess hanging half way down their back. Or my favorite, the thin rat tail braid hanging half way down their back. Extra yuck points if it's a gray braid. Hair stylist, makeup artist and fasion stylists didn't make up the "rules" as some sort of plot against women over 40, lol. They are paid to make women look their best and generally with few exceptions these rules are what makes an over 40 woman present her best self. Too dark or too light hair color washes out older women and draws attention to the facial flaws that start to show up with age. Hair is not as good as it once was and longer hair can drag down a face that's starting to sag a bit. That's just the way it is - complain to God or Mother Nature. No one like getting older but we need to face reality when we hit a "certain age." I'm HW age group and while I'm still tall, thin and well toned I know I would look silly rockin' a mini skirt without tights, crop tops of any kind and hanging out my breast with low cut tops. It just doesn't fit with my age. I think the problem with women like Vicki and Tamra is no one tells them how pathetic they look in their desire to dress and make up themselves like they're in their 20's. I'm sure when they read comments about their looks they tell themselves it's just "haters" or people jealous that they're (in their minds) TV stars. Unfortunately this happens in real life too. Woman dressing inappropriatley for their age or size don't have people telling them the truth. People either say nothing or tell them they look great, they can still pull it off, in an attemp to not  hurt feelings. Women need to come to term with the fact that their Glory Days are behind them and check themselves honestly in the mirror. This does not mean it's time for the dreaded polyester pants suits or sweat pants. It does not mean it's time for the old school beauty parlor hairdo with the short tight perm or roller set that gets redone every week. You can still look attractive and age appropriate. Heather is a good example. BTW, Cher, gorgeous at one time, has looked ridiculous for years.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 8

While Vicki had tough season and appears an even tougher time at the reunion by all appearances of part 1. Her hair has had a winning season. No more yellow for her.

Maybe so, but her face and clothing more than makes up for any progress made via non-yellow hair.

• Love 4

I've not been able to find these reunion shows on tv in Canada this go around.

The episodes however seem fairly current on Slice. Sorry for my confusion

Does anyone know if it's delayed here ?

I was responding to what you stated: Watching the reunion again made me realize that heavy lip gloss is no over 40 something's friend. Well, no one's friend really but it looks even worse on older women.

You stated over 'forty'. Blanket statement. That's my point. And again, you're making a blanket statement about hitting a certain age in your reply. Yeah, maybe long semi black hair looks fabulous on your daughter but not on 'you'. But 'you' don't represent every person 48 years old. Cher still rocks semi black long hair and IMO, she was certainly doing it in her forties. Nor does Tamra represent everyone 48 years old. Christie Brinkley is 62 and is rocking pretty much the same blond hair. So does that make it about 'age'? Or is it about individuals rather than age? When you become an adult, age is just a number, not a 'rule'. And what is so fascinating to me, IMO, is that these rules come from women more so than men.

I'm done. We're going way off topic. We can agree to disagree.

Ok, not wanting to get into it here...Just my opinion.

I'm 48. I have my own rules. We all should follow our own rules. But...I think we should all follow *some* of the standard fashion guidelines as the the years creep up. Clinton & Stacy of What Not To Wear have helped make America a better place, IMO!! I have an almost 24 year old & 20 year old daughters and the older one is my clone. Same face, same body type. It's obvious to me how aging changes you because I see my 24 year old self, side by side, I can see the differences, even if they are subtle. I'm slender, look younger than my age, evidenced by all the comments I get when revealing my age. My family is blessed with whatever genes make you look young longer, I never smoked and rarely drink alcohol, so that helps. With that said...I had long hair most of my life, but now keep it shoulder length and trim it frequently. Everyone should update regardless, to avoid dating yourself.

My fashion is most similar to Bethenny/Heather Dubrow when it comes to housewives, but truly closest to Clair on Modern Family for my typical everyday look. Yes, there are 50-60 somethings that can pull of Gloria/Sofia Vergara. Ramona looks unbelievable, great body. Carole has a tush most women would kill for! Overall, these ladies look great. Yes, Christie Brinkley can pull off longer hair because it is still healthy, gorgeous looking. I always thought of Jackie Kennedy Onassis as a great fashion role model and Kate Middleton is the Jackie O of today.

So, of course, there is room for personality. But...I do agree that certain clothes look ridiculous on women who are trying too hard to look young or think dressing young is going to fool anyone.

Vicki just needs a stylist, bottom line. I think most of us here have probably all noticed this with her. Aside from Vickis cosmetic surgery, which, IMO, is not good, she needs to go up in size on her clothes. Did anyone else notice she seems to favor white? Aside from the Baptism, she wears it frequently. That's a common fashion tip. Black is slimming, white, is not. It has its time and place but I would love to see her limit white at least for her bottom half. Her clothes are always strained across her middle, stomach and chest. Vicki can look good, I think she has an average figure so she easily could look fantastic if she had a strong willed stylist. Tamra and her insistence on cut outs, tacky.

Vicki is delusional about everything. She's delusional about her wealth, her brain power, her love tank gauge. I put her in the criminal delusional category for Fashion: style, cut, color, cosmetic surgery, how good her breasts look, etc. Hey, these ladies are on TV and showcase Do's and Don'ts. I make lots of mental notes on the Don'ts!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 7

I can't believe I'm about to admit two things right now -- one, I watched the whole E! interview and am kind of swayed in my thinking . . . not all the way to the Brooks side, but more towards the middle, I guess. Running away now!

• Love 3

I'm done.  We're going way off topic.  We can agree to disagree. 

Christie Brinkley is a freak of nature.  It is silly to compare an outlier to the general public.  

You seem to be taking my general statements as an edict on over 40 women (and as I said I AM ONE).  If you want to rock long hair, heavy lip gloss, and wear clothing from Forever 21 after you hit 40, go for it.  My opinion is that you probably should tone down your look because heavy make-up, long hair, clothing from Forever 21 might look silly on you after you hit 40 and it could actually AGE you.  

I think you are confusing my statements as meaning that you hit 40 and suddenly you turn into the cryptkeeper.  I'm simply saying that if the over 40 crowd on the Real Housewives would change their look from when they were 20 -- a make-under of sorts -- they could look pretty damn gorgeous.  

Oh Good Grief Charlle Brown.........I'm off to dress my 57 year old self in whatever I dam well please. As soon as I brush my (dyed) LOOOONG ha

Maybe we should just stop commenting on what the Real Housewives look like in general if everyone is going to get offended by opinions on what they are dressed like.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't have blonde hair of black hair after "a certain age", it just needs to be toned down a bit and not so extreme. Tamra's hair looks awful because it's overprocessed straw, she has terrible extensions, and the color looks dull and fake. It looks like dyed hair. Christie Brinkley's hair looks great because she's not too blonde and it's in excellent condition. Yes, there are exception to these "age rules" but most women generally need to follow those rules if they want to look their best and not look ridiculous. It's fine to have long hair past your shoulders after 40 if your hair is healthy, thick, shiny, in good condition but what I see so often is women who don't want to give up the long hair, want to keep it just for the sake of having long hair and they end up with this dull, stringy, thin mess hanging half way down their back. Or my favorite, the thin rat tail braid hanging half way down their back. Extra yuck points if it's a gray braid. Hair stylist, makeup artist and fasion stylists didn't make up the "rules" as some sort of plot against women over 40, lol. They are paid to make women look their best and generally with few exceptions these rules are what makes an over 40 woman present her best self. Too dark or too light hair color washes out older women and draws attention to the facial flaws that start to show up with age. Hair is not as good as it once was and longer hair can drag down a face that's starting to sag a bit. That's just the way it is - complain to God or Mother Nature. No one like getting older but we need to face reality when we hit a "certain age." I'm HW age group and while I'm still tall, thin and well toned I know I would look silly rockin' a mini skirt without tights, crop tops of any kind and hanging out my breast with low cut tops. It just doesn't fit with my age. I think the problem with women like Vicki and Tamra is no one tells them how pathetic they look in their desire to dress and make up themselves like they're in their 20's. I'm sure when they read comments about their looks they tell themselves it's just "haters" or people jealous that they're (in their minds) TV stars. Unfortunately this happens in real life too. Woman dressing inappropriatley for their age or size don't have people telling them the truth. People either say nothing or tell them they look great, they can still pull it off, in an attemp to not  hurt feelings. Women need to come to term with the fact that their Glory Days are behind them and check themselves honestly in the mirror. This does not mean it's time for the dreaded polyester pants suits or sweat pants. It does not mean it's time for the old school beauty parlor hairdo with the short tight perm or roller set that gets redone every week. You can still look attractive and age appropriate. Heather is a good example. BTW, Cher, gorgeous at one time, has looked ridiculous for years.

YES.  That's exactly what I was saying.  Instead, the offended are taking a general comment and acting like I'm demanding all over 40 chop their hair off, throw out their clothing, and turn into an old spinster.

• Love 6

OUCH...for all the "women of a certain age" who never married = spinsters.  There are some spectacular spinsters everywhere.

I chose that phrase and stereotype purposefully because people are so offended by my very general comments as though I'm saying when you turn 40, you should put a shawl on and get in your rocking chair and own 50 cats.  No offence, people who use shawls, rocking chairs and own multiple cats!  

All I'm trying to say is a look that works for a woman in their 20s doesn't necessarily work in their 40s.  See Pamela Anderson.  This look worked for her in her 20s.  In her 40s, she is looking silly.  She still has a hot body and a great facial structure, but maybe update the look a bit? Tone down the hair and makeup and wear sexy but flattering clothing for a woman of a certain age.  When she did actually update her look, she looked fabulous.

a035ed53935f56ac_PamAnderson12808.jpg

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

I can't believe I'm about to admit two things right now -- one, I watched the whole E! interview and am kind of swayed in my thinking . . . not all the way to the Brooks side, but more towards the middle, I guess. Running away now!

I watched most of it and boy he's a charmer, no? He has an answer for everything. I still don't know if he has cancer but he seems to be going to an awful lot of trouble when all he really has to do is pull out some non bull shit paper work. As I have said I've had breast and kidney cancer and if someone asked me to prove it ,it would take all of 5 minutes. Maybe he does have cancer and is making bank on all these interviews, who knows but if he really wanted to shut it down he could. So he either doesn't have cancer or is gaining something by not showing conclusive proof. Occam's razor says he doesn't have cancer.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 11

Yeah, he is a smooth talker but he did kind of make sense with a lot of stuff he was talking about. I know, just for me personally because I am so friggin' stubborn, I would NOT show any of my medical records to anyone trying to prove whether I had an illness or not. I think you are right, though, nc socialworker, the more this is dragged out, the more money he makes -- one way or the other.

• Love 9

I watched most of it and boy he's a charmer, no? He has an answer for everything. I still don't know if he has cancer but he seems to be going to an awful lot of trouble when all he really has to do is pull put some non bull shit paper work. As I have said I've had breast and kidney cancer and if someone asked me to prove it ,it would take all of 5 minutes. Maybe he does have cancer and is making bank on all these interviews, who knows but if he really wanted to shut it down he could. So he either doesn't have cancer or is gaining something by not showing conclusive proof. Occam's razor says he doesn't have cancer.

What would be "proof" enough? He already showed proof, regardless of formatting issues, some still did not believe. I don't blame him for not showing more. As for the interviews, why wouldn't he defend himself when he was the main storyline? I would imagine that he has been hounded for interviews. I'm not sure he gets paid for the interviews.

• Love 2

Hair stylist, makeup artist and fasion stylists didn't make up the "rules" as some sort of plot against women over 40, lol. They are paid to make women look their best and generally with few exceptions these rules are what makes an over 40 woman present her best self. 

YES, thank you.  This is the point I'm trying to make!  

• Love 3

Christie Brinkley is a freak of nature.  It is silly to compare an outlier to the general public.  

You seem to be taking my general statements as an edict on over 40 women (and as I said I AM ONE).  If you want to rock long hair, heavy lip gloss, and wear clothing from Forever 21 after you hit 40, go for it.  My opinion is that you probably should tone down your look because heavy make-up, long hair, clothing from Forever 21 might look silly on you after you hit 40 and it could actually AGE you.  

I think you are confusing my statements as meaning that you hit 40 and suddenly you turn into the cryptkeeper.  I'm simply saying that if the over 40 crowd on the Real Housewives would change their look from when they were 20 -- a make-under of sorts -- they could look pretty damn gorgeous.  

Maybe we should just stop commenting on what the Real Housewives look like in general if everyone is going to get offended by opinions on what they are dressed like.

YES.  That's exactly what I was saying.  Instead, the offended are taking a general comment and acting like I'm demanding all over 40 chop their hair off, throw out their clothing, and turn into an old spinster.

As I stated,  I'm done with this and we can agree to disagree but I don't think it necessary to refer to posters who disagree with you as 'the offended'.  I'm not 'offended' at all.  I 'disagree' with what you stated in your original post about 'age'.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

As I stated,  I'm done with this and we can agree to disagree but I don't think it necessary to refer to posters who disagree with you as 'the offended'.  I'm not 'offended' at all.  I 'disagree' with what you stated in your original post about 'age'.

Good point.  My apologies!

With that, moving on!  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

This is just my opinion, but Babbling Brooks could produce all of his medical records since he was in utero, plus a live 24/7 streaming feed of all of his biological processes and inner workings, and some people would still think he is pulling a fast one.

IMO, if I am applying Occam's Razor to the whole cancer/not cancer storyline (I have to say, it really pains me I am applying Occam's Razor to this cockamamie storyline - I mean really pains me), Babbling has cancer. It is the simplest explanation. And I don't have to rely on sketchy evidence supplied by Grand Mal liar Tamra Waddle Vieth Barney Judge TBD TBD etc. etc., Meghan "I Never Met a Boundary I Wouldn't Cross" P.I., a psychic/spiritual advisor, Bravo, Andy Cohen, and various other people with axes to grind.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 5

This is just my opinion, but Babbling Brooks could produce all of his medical records since he was in utero, plus a live 24/7 streaming feed of all of his biological processes and inner workings, and some people would still think he is pulling a fast one.

IMO, if I am applying Occam's Razor to the whole cancer/not cancer storyline (I have to say, it really pains me I am applying Occam's Razor to this cockamamie storyline - I mean really pains me), Babbling has cancer. It is the simplest explanation. And I don't have to rely on sketchy evidence supplied by Grand Mal liar Tamra Waddle Vieth Barney Judge TBD TBD etc. etc., Meghan "I Never Met a Boundary I Wouldn't Cross" P.I., a psychic/spiritual advisor, Bravo, Andy Cohen, and various other people with axes to grind.

----

I had to look it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Does quality trump quanity? 

One really bad assumption vs. multiple more reasonable assumptions?  Or is it all about quantity?

• Love 1

I had to look it up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Does quality trump quanity?

One really bad assumption vs. multiple more reasonable assumptions? Or is it all about quantity?

From what I undestand, any evidence that cannot be proven empirically is excluded.

Your question is difficult for me to answer because determing what is the simplest explanation is a subjective process. Also, simplicity doesn't necessarily equate to truth.

To use the cancer/not cancer storyline as an example, it is easiest for me to take Babbling at his word. To rely on evidence supplied by those cited in my original post, is a much more difficult process for me for the very reasons I also cited in my original post. That is why I excluded them as sources of quality evidence.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, or just made things more confusing, but I tried.

ETA

I should note, nc socialworker also applied Occam's razor to the storyline, but came to a different conclusion than I did.

One conclusion is no more or less valid than the other, IMHO.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 4

If Brooks has any feelings of positive regard for Vicki at all, now would be a good time to come up with some type of proof that he has cancer or that Vicki thought he had cancer. Vicki is in danger of loosing her housewife gig as well as all credibility , which is essenstial for her non housewife gig. I was going to say dignity but that ship sailed a long time ago.

• Love 12

If Brooks has any feelings of positive regard for Vicki at all, now would be a good time to come up with some type of proof that he has cancer or that Vicki thought he had cancer. Vicki is in danger of loosing her housewife gig as well as all credibility , which is essenstial for her non housewife gig. I was going to say dignity but that ship sailed a long time ago.

I bet he is enjoying watching her crash and burn. He's used her up, probably can't get another dime out of her, and now is enjoying watching her crumble.

At this point, I'd rather Brooks take Vicki's throne as the first Real Houseboy of OC.  Let us watch him romance another empty love tank with deep pockets by sending her cards every day.  

• Love 4

I bet he is enjoying watching her crash and burn. He's used her up, probably can't get another dime out of her, and now is enjoying watching her crumble.

At this point, I'd rather Brooks take Vicki's throne as the first Real Houseboy of OC. Let us watch him romance another empty love tank with deep pockets by sending her cards every day.

"At this point, I'd rather Brooks take Vicki's throne as the first Real Houseboy of OC."

Lol!

I'm supposed to doing my housework now!

I had to stop and Lol!

ETA

Your post is awesome! Especially the "Real Houseboy of the OC" part!

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

Be a Helen Mirren, not a Mamie Van Doren.

helen-mirren.jpg?crop=top&fit=clip&h=500

Mamie_Van_Doren_LF.jpg

Mamie_Van_Doren_LF.jpg

That's a good illustration of a Do and a Don't! Mamie is Tamra!

That Pamela Sue needs to tone it down. Good grief. Helen Mirren does it well. She looks spectacular.

I'm going to use Tamra's screaming voice, "That's just my opinion!!" It's about these housewives and their bad judgment. I don't take other posters opinions personally and I hope others don't take mine personally. It's about intension. Just because we have different opinions doesn't make anyone here wrong. We are just discussing improving your look, thus the success of What Not To Wear. I do have a relative who disliked that show because she felt it took away the personalities of the participants and made them look like conformists. I happen to feel otherwise. No big deal.

Vicki just needs to wear her size. Tamra looks like a tart way too often. It's too bad because she looks great when she sports her real estate agent look or in her work out gear. IMO, Vickii's reunion dress was just such a mistake. Hey, For the most part, Lisa VP, Kyle, Kim, Yo, Eileen, look so good as opposed to Carlton, Brandi, Kyle in moo moos. Remember how much better Yo looked when she changed her hairstyle??

I wanted to add, check out the RHONY. They are "Do's" almost all the time. They are spot on.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 6

I wanted to add, check out the RHONY. They are "Do's" almost all the time. They are spot on.

Absolutely! 

I think Ramona has never looked better.  And of course, here's a woman whose hair I think looks good on her.  It's long, but it looks healthy and stylish.  I don't always like the way she dresses, but she has a fantastic body.

LuAnn almost always rocks it.  She's got an incredible body, for the most part, impeccable clothing, hair, makeup and jewelry.  

Sonja, with her sharpied purses and a tooth that pops out on occassion, always dresses stylishly and I usually love her hair and make-up.

• Love 5

According to Andy Brooks brought proof in the form of medical records.  According to the E interviewer/Brooks he brought medical records including a letter from a treating non -holistic doctor.  At this point I think the only ting that can be questioned  is the veracity of the documents.  It would have been better if the originator of the documents had sent them directly to the interviewers.  That being said I agree Brooks is smooth and gentlemanly.  I think he was very kind to Vicki and spoke of their relationship in flattering terms.  There was one break from the southern charm when he said Vicki was far more interested in knowing about his dating life and he was not terribly concerned with hers.  Interestingly enough, Brooks claimed Vicki told him she was dating-a date with a doctor no less.  This weekend Vicki was tweeting away that the Radar On Line  stories of her dating were false. 

My issue with Vicki is the way she presents medical situations, "Briana had to have an EMERGENCY C-Section," maybe Briana like many others had a C-Section because she was progressing with her vaginal delivery.  Sounded to me more like an unscheduled  C-Section.  Just like mine.  Same with Briana's thyroid tumors/growth it was a CANCER SCARE, the most number of tumors/growths they had ever removed.  Most people would say it they had their thyroid removed and a number of tumors.  Not Vicki.  So my guess is Brooks has a form of NHL and it responds to treatment.

I agree the dignity ship has sailed.

• Love 4
I chose that phrase and stereotype purposefully because people are so offended by my very general comments

Sorry, you gave too good an opening for my little comment.  I generally agree with your opinion.   I was known for pushing the envelope a bit for hairstyles and clothing...but at my current age and size, just couldn't carry it off.  My attitude would still work, but strangers (and family members) would think I needed to be locked in a room.  I wasn't a flashy or sexy dresser...just more than happy to play with the fads of the 50s thru the 80s.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1

Sorry, you gave too good an opening for my little comment.  I generally agree with your opinion.   I was known for pushing the envelope a bit for hairstyles and clothing...but at my current age and size, just couldn't carry it off.  My attitude would still work, but strangers (and family members) would think I needed to be locked in a room.  I wasn't a flashy or sexy dresser...just more than happy to play with the fads of the 50s thru the 80s.

Ha!  Indeed!

Sorry for being a dick on this subject!

Mamie_Van_Doren_LF.jpg

Mamie_Van_Doren_LF.jpg

LOL!!! OMG, this ^^^^ is totally Tamra in 20 years, still rockin' the long, dyed, too blonde hair and slut wear. Also looks like a dress Vicki will be wearing into her 70's and 80's - white and tight with her gross breast hanging out,haha!

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 6

Lol, wear what you want at any age, but don't be shocked if you are compared to one of the housewives or get some raised eyebrows, I guess. I use Icky as my anti-stylist. If she would wear it, I run the other way. So she is helpful, in a way. I am her age, though I am small and have average sized breasts, no way would I wear short, skin-tight dresses and sky-high stilettos, etc...

She and Tamra really turn my stomach with their get-ups.

• Love 4

ITA.  There are only three facial expressions I've seen on Meghan; smug, sneer, and blank.

you should see her on "say yes to the dress", that's where she perfected the sneer.

when they told her the dress was 5,000.00 she said: "jimmy is paying for the dress". 

she didn't even have enough money to buy her own dress? 

when she said that she and jimmy were going to get married in bora bora "just the two of them" i saw red flags even if she didn't.

if ever there is an occasion to bring you finance's other children/family/parents into your life, it's at the wedding. if they refuse to attend or allow the kid's to attend, they just look petty. 

Edited by Atticus Finch
  • Love 3

Just had to chime in that I'm not a bit offended by anything said on the internet by people I don't even know:) My point would be that they need to dress to flatter their figures not because they are are some pie in the sky age. And I bet if Helen Mirren wore that dress on RHOC we'd be hearing how she :needs to put those puppies away" because NO ONE wants to see cleavage on a woman over (GASP) 50!!!

• Love 3
she didn't even have enough money to buy her own dress?

when she said that she and jimmy were going to get married in bora bora "just the two of them" i saw red flags even if she didn't.

if ever there is an occasion to bring you finance's other children/family/parents into your life, it's at the wedding. if they refuse to attend or allow the kid's to attend, they just look petty.

There are several photos online at a wedding (not in Bora Bora) where all family members participated AND Meghan had a different dress--one she probably paid for.  The "Say Yes to the Dress" appearance may have been arranged by Jimmy's PR team.

• Love 2

Absolutely! 

I think Ramona has never looked better.  And of course, here's a woman whose hair I think looks good on her.  It's long, but it looks healthy and stylish.  I don't always like the way she dresses, but she has a fantastic body.

LuAnn almost always rocks it.  She's got an incredible body, for the most part, impeccable clothing, hair, makeup and jewelry.  

Sonja, with her sharpied purses and a tooth that pops out on occassion, always dresses stylishly and I usually love her hair and make-up.

Gstaad, updo, smokey eye!

• Love 6

In addition to my "heavy" adjective, you seem to have missed another key portion of the original post where I noted it is "no one's friend."  

Surely, you recognize that some things that may look great on a youngster doesn't look good on someone over 40.  For example, my daughter who is a brunette can put black semi-permanent hair dye on her and it looks great.  If I were to use the same product on my brunette hair, at 48, it would look awful on me and it would age me.  Long hair looks fabulous on my daughter, at 48, it looks ridiculous on me.  I think Tamra's long hair looks awful on her.  When she was much younger, I'm sure it didn't.  

I don't think you have to throw out everything as soon as you hit a certain age, but some beauty trends that look great on 20 somethings isn't necessarily going to look right on an over 40 something.  

As somebody who is ostensibly right on the cusp of being "allowed" to have long hair, and somebody who isn't, I disagree. Yes, there may be some styles and fashions that are better suited to the younger crowd.  But I don't think a person's hair length or color has jack squat to do with their "age" but, rather, their hair health & texture, as well as their complexion.

When I was 24, I accidentally dyed my hair such a dark brown color that it looked nearly black.  With my fair skin, I looked like an utterly ridiculous Elvira wanna-be and ended up having to pay hundreds of dollars to get it "stripped."  So, age had nothing to do with it.

And I know plenty of woman 40+ with thick, beautiful, long hair - as well as plenty of woman in their 20 and 30s with thin, fine hair who look FAR more attractive with shorter 'dos. 

My point is I think it's totally fair to bag on these broads for their bad fashions (Vicki!), bad hair (Tamra), bad makeup (oops Vicki again) and what-have-you, but when you start pulling AGE into the reasons why these women (and all women) can and can't do certain things, it is bound to cause some dissention. 

• Love 6

As somebody who is ostensibly right on the cusp of being "allowed" to have long hair, and somebody who isn't, I disagree. Yes, there may be some styles and fashions that are better suited to the younger crowd.  But I don't think a person's hair length or color has jack squat to do with their "age" but, rather, their hair health & texture, as well as their complexion.

When I was 24, I accidentally dyed my hair such a dark brown color that it looked nearly black.  With my fair skin, I looked like an utterly ridiculous Elvira wanna-be and ended up having to pay hundreds of dollars to get it "stripped."  So, age had nothing to do with it.

And I know plenty of woman 40+ with thick, beautiful, long hair - as well as plenty of woman in their 20 and 30s with thin, fine hair who look FAR more attractive with shorter 'dos. 

My point is I think it's totally fair to bag on these broads for their bad fashions (Vicki!), bad hair (Tamra), bad makeup (oops Vicki again) and what-have-you, but when you start pulling AGE into the reasons why these women (and all women) can and can't do certain things, it is bound to cause some dissention. 

I gotcha.  As I said in a related posting, I love Ramona's hair and it's long.  It's healthy and looks great on her.  I don't think it's a matter of cutting hair necessarily, but I do think as you get older, you have to tone down your look (for example, heavy makeup) or it can age you.  But this is just my opinion -- one that I clearly stated too strongly!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

The only RH to receive a judicial spanking for wearing age inappropriate clothing is Bethenny Frankel for wearing her four year olds pajamas and texting a picture of it.  So stare decisis applies in age appropriate clothing battle.  Now all we need is a judicial decision regarding make up.

• Love 4

Just had to chime in that I'm not a bit offended by anything said on the internet by people I don't even know:) My point would be that they need to dress to flatter their figures not because they are are some pie in the sky age. And I bet if Helen Mirren wore that dress on RHOC we'd be hearing how she :needs to put those puppies away" because NO ONE wants to see cleavage on a woman over (GASP) 50!!!

Actually, I did find that particular aspect of the Helen Mirren photo disturbing. The skin on her chest/cleavage is old, pasty, and spotty looking. I do think her puppies should be put away. Sorry, IMO over 50 cleavage is not for public display - regardless what some would hope.

I think age is the reason why in most ,not all, cases woman can't do certain things. Hair that was thick and healthy can become dull and thin, facial features that could wear certain styles of makeup can no longer get away with almost anything looking good because they have youth on their side. Perky breasts and smooth decolletage have seen better days, skin in general loses that "health glow" of youth and becomes more crepe and dull. Menopause is the destroyer of youth, age a destroyer of beauty. Women can look good for their age but a 50 yr old will never win a beauty competition with a 25 yr old (exception for Christy Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, etc., but I'd have to see them in RL rather than photoshopped publicity shots and commercials to even make that call).

Yeah, Tamra was definitely indulging in revisionist history when she claimed Simon made her send Ryan away after Tamra bore him two or three children. He was long gone before she got knocked up.

OK, I missed that Vicki's mother followed the motorcyclist who flipped her off to key his car before deciding to shop at the TJ Maxx in the same plaza. I was under the impression she noticed he had parked where she was going. Yeah, this isn't a funny story. At all!

When Heather discussed her picky ordefing habits, Tamra claimed her nutritionists at CUT teach the same thing. Yeah, righit.

Tamra also claimed CUT is now breaking even.

Was the choir at her baptism from her church or hired from central casting?

... and Tamra tells her dry-eyed sob story about Simon turning her daughter against her and her turning to Christ.

I'm not sure if her statement about Simon at her baptism was exactly what I'd call "forgiving him".

"Alexis gives Xians a bad name", Tamra? Really?

• Love 3

I think age is the reason why in most ,not all, cases woman can't do certain things. Hair that was thick and healthy can become dull and thin, facial features that could wear certain styles of makeup can no longer get away with almost anything looking good because they have youth on their side. Perky breasts and smooth decolletage have seen better days, skin in general loses that "health glow" of youth and becomes more crepe and dull. Menopause is the destroyer of youth, age a destroyer of beauty. Women can look good for their age but a 50 yr old will never win a beauty competition with a 25 yr old (exception for Christy Brinkley, Cindy Crawford, etc., but I'd have to see them in RL rather than photoshopped publicity shots and commercials to even make that call).

IMO, it's been a blessing to age -- nothing ugly about it.

• Love 7

ubiquitous that's not how I remember te story being told on the reunion.

Vicki's mom was driving a couple years ago. A motorcyclist cut her off. She honked or something. So he flicked her off. He parked at a a mall complex and she went into a "blind rage" and pushed his motorcycle over. Tamra quickly corrected her to say no her mom keyed his bike. The guy saw her and called the cops. When they came she hide in a bathroom stall because she had a gun (?). She was arrested and Vicki hired her lawyer and got her off with community service.

Someone correct me please if I got this tale wrong. I only watched this once over breakfast.

So...no wonder Ryan the psychotic rage monkey married to Brianna, doesn't faze anyone in the family. This story really gave me the creeps. It's just not normal to do this to the car or property of someone ya actually know and hate let alone a stranger. It's a really fucked up asshole thing to so that's completely not normal. I have a pal who's car was keyed..."fuck you, Faggott!" He had a distinctive vintage sports car so the culprit clearly knew who's it was. So I associate this type of behavior from someone very hateful and angry.

• Love 2

I live and work in a major city where a lot of women have plenty of money and access to clothes, makeup, hairstylists, etc. Yet most women I see -- from age 21 to 71 -- on the streets and at social functions aren't fabulously dressed or made up. Many look "good", only a few look really great. Any time I see society photos from big charity events it strikes me that most women are average and do pretty well with what they've got.

I don't dress for other women or give a single thought to what other women think I should wear to look good "for my age" (53). I dress for myself and my husband, who loves my long hair, cleavage, and legs. I don't wear heavy makeup because I never could, not even at 18.

It amazes me how much criticism is leveled at how the Housewives look and dress. I think most of the time everyone looks fine. It's not easy to look wonderful on camera, especially in HD!

• Love 7

This story really gave me the creeps. It's just not normal to do this to the car or property of someone ya actually know and hate let alone a stranger. It's a really fucked up asshole thing to so that's completely not normal. I have a pal who's car was keyed..."fuck you, Faggott!" He had a distinctive vintage sports car so the culprit clearly knew who's it was. So I associate this type of behavior from someone very hateful and angry.

I agree, definitely abnormal, and reeks of entitlement. Mildly inconvenient shit happens sometimes, you're supposed to just deal with it.

I can't believe your friend's vintage sports car was keyed, and with a slur at that. SMDH, some people.

• Love 2