Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Skanks Get Shanked

A teen's body is found in the woods, and Annalise and her team are hired to represent a suspect in the case. Meanwhile, Asher discovers a surprising confession; and Wes uncovers new information about Rebecca's disappearance.

It's in the video... damn Cloud! Damn that slippery Mr. Connor Walsh! He can't deal with anymore blood on his hands. Leave it to Annalise to remind him where all of it is.

Crazy Zoe, I'd hate for her to be my BFF.

Kathryn is worrying me, there's something we're not being told yet about her and the brother. They're hiding something. He really didn't want her having any type of tests.

At first I thought Annalise slipped the pills to Nate. Then she had them in her hands on the way to the hospital...."I mean, you've killed before... Sam...."

WHAT is the deal??? And it's involving Sam's death??? And Bonnie's confessing????

Oh Hell.... Michaela and the brother???? While the Scooby gang is with Nate in the cop car???? WTF????

• Love 2

I was shocked that the case of the week didn't bleed over into the classroom. It was a refreshing change.

BonBon Asher, really and that voice mail message so needs to be changed lol. I really wish they elaborated a little bit more on what Asher was going through instead of him and his father meeting with that annoying DA and muffling out the exchange going on between them while Asher declines BonBon's phone call. Asher is wrong about who murdered Sam and Bonnie confesses that she did it. What a mess.

Why the hell would anyone ask the mistress to help pull the plug? I guess it would be best to ask someone you barely know than a close friend or family member. IDK I never known anyone to be in that kind of situation. I would think the last person you would ask is the mistress though. You would usually ask the doctor or nurse that's caring for you.

Connor that's a not a good thing to and the case over to the prosecutor. I had a small suspicion that it was him who handed the video over to the prosecution. For a second there I thought the girl's mother was going to end up being the brains behind that teenage girl's murder, with the way she was acting. 

Can we blame Michaela for looking? I would be looking but then again judging by the ending who knows what the hell happened in that house. I can't wait. Also can't wait for next week's episode.

At last, we got to see Nia! I'm glad Annalise didn't help her end her life.

I wonder if the ending means my prediction of Michaela hooking up with Caleb will come true.

I continue to be intrigued by Nate's role on the Night of the Fancy Mansion.

Line of the night for me was Nate's "You're an idiot" to Wes. Someone should tattoo that to his forehead.

Boy - the winter finale is gonna be a doozy.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 6

I am getting VERY close to just wanting Frank or Annalise or hell one of the other students to just take Wes out. Didn't that moron bring enough drama in these people's lives with his Rebecca obsession in the first damn place? I mean is Wes just forgetting that he is the one who actually murdered Sam and the other three were co-conspirators? So he's just going to believe some guy, go digging around, once again all because of Rebecca, not knowing who this guy really is and if he even truly is this so called mysterious foster brother. Nate was so on point calling him an idiot. I honestly cannot deal with Wes' stupidity and his damn obsession with this stupid girl that began this whole path in the first place. 

The path that clearly has emotionally messed with poor Connor, who incidentally does not look too good with this latest murder either. Not that that is a bad thing because normal people SHOULD NOT be completely okay with being responsible for someone else's death. It definitely looks like they're trying to throw suspicion on him possibly being the one who shoots Annalise. Wes will of course be a possibility since I'm sure he'll eventually find out what really happened to Rebecca and be all vengeful about it. 

Interesting ending with Michaela and the brother. Looks like something may eventually happen between them. Wonder what happens to Levi. And damn Bonnie, that girl really will go to the fire for Annalise. I think she's taking a gamble, hoping that Asher cares enough about her to back off of he thinks she's the one who murdered Sam. I knew Annalise wouldn't kill Nate's wife and good for her. For all of Annalise's shady behavior, anyone else notice that she's managed to avoid killing anyone? Sam was Wes and Rebecca was Bonnie. 

The COTW was okay. I called the kid being a lying psycho right from the start and I loved when she basically screwed herself. And why wouldn't she be a nutjob with the wonderful examples she had for parents, including that bitch of a mother who didn't give a shit when her precious darling did and had the gall to berate Annalise. Hell the dead girl's parents should sue their asses for every last dime they have. I'm sure many successful civil trials have been won in these circumstances.

Kathryn is worrying me, there's something we're not being told yet about her and the brother. They're hiding something. He really didn't want her having any type of tests.

With this show, until the reveal, I suspect everyone of lying.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 13

Not thrilled about the ending. Didn't like Wes/Rebecca and do not want to see it again with Michaela/Caleb. Suddenly, we find out Michaela is adopted like Wes and is falling for her client like Wes. Recycling plots already and I'm not even over my annoyance at Wes obsessed Rebecca.

So glad Anna didn't do it

• Love 4

Why the hell would anyone ask the mistress to help pull the plug? I guess it would be best to ask someone you barely know than a close friend or family member. IDK I never known anyone to be in that kind of situation. I would think the last person you would ask is the mistress though. You would usually ask the doctor or nurse that's caring for you.

I think she hoped Annalise would get caught, fingerprints, pills, whatever...and go to prison for murdering her lover's wife.

• Love 23

Not thrilled about the ending. Didn't like Wes/Rebecca and do not want to see it again with Michaela/Caleb. Suddenly, we find out Michaela is adopted like Wes and is falling for her client like Wes. Recycling plots already and I'm not even over my annoyance at Wes obsessed Rebecca.

So glad Anna didn't do it

I thought Michaela was lying about being adopted just to get Caleb to open up and talk. Unless Anni was right and Michaela doesn't know how to use her boobs. I guess Anni didn't have much of a choice on which woman to send. Laurel is too damn boring and milktoasty, Bonnie is too damn severe with a bitch face, so I guess Michaela was it.

Wes is just annoying and an absolute moron. He's too damn easily persuaded. I wish he would get the hell over his Rebecca obsession. He's acting all smug and stank to everyone else covering up the fact that he killed Sam. So he might wanna be a little more grateful. 

• Love 5

Gotta admit, felt really bad for Connor when Annalise was ripping into him. It just proved that he's right in his deduction about Annalise; he's pretty much trapped, with Annalise implying that she has the car and she has the power to frame him for the murder of Sam? That would be ice cold, and I'd imagine Connor would just rat them all out, but if I interpreted that intense scene right, then no wonder Connor tells Annalise this is all her fault while she's bleeding out. But great acting from Viola and Jack.

No Michaela! Don't fall for your client! You got Pretty John Winchester...I mean Levi right there! He seems to be a good guy thus far. Meanwhile, Caleb is either screwing his sister or he's insane since Catherine seemed too comfortable with taking those tests. Either way, did you learn nothing from Wes/Rebecca? 

So, they're continuing the Asher mystery. Except, now he knows something's going on in the house and assumes Annalise killed Sam. Oh boy, you're far off. But Bonnie confessed? So she can protect Annalise? Really? Seriously though, what happened at Trotter Lake? And I assume Asher was lying about the reason for him being there because of Sam's murder and the two are totally not connected. Well...unless Sam was screwing that Tiffany girl. That voicemail, though, is so Asher.

Wes....what are you doing? Fine, find the damn body and then leave the dead alone. But no, this is just going to keep going and I'll bet the police are going to search the house and find Levi's body. 

I'm curious about Nate's involvement. 

Damn, even I was convinced Zoe was innocent until the video and then they didn't bother to show a scene of Zoe trying to prove her innocence.

I can see why Nia would want Annalise to end her life. If people found out, Nate would be pissed at Annalise, and Annalise could be charged. It's a win-win for the dead woman. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 5

I thought Michaela was lying about being adopted just to get Caleb to open up and talk. Unless Anni was right and Michaela doesn't know how to use her boobs. I guess Anni didn't have much of a choice on which woman to send. Laurel is too damn boring and milktoasty, Bonnie is too damn severe with a bitch face, so I guess Michaela was it. And since I mentioned him, poor Oliver.

Wes is just annoying and an absolute moron. He's too damn easily persuaded. I wish he would get the hell over his Rebecca obsession. He's acting all smug and stank to everyone else covering up the fact that he killed Sam. So he might wanna be a little more grateful.

Me too until Anna's line and the ending. Wes wasn't bad until he fell for Rebecca. I'd rather not see them ruin Michaela in the same manner by having her obsessing over trying to save Caleb. I'd rather she stay with shady eggs. Or hell just being single. Everyone of them are better outside their relationships except Oliver.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 2

Okay, I was shocked that Caleb was in Michaela's apartment. This show always has a great twist. I can see them together as a couple. He and his sister seem to have a weird relationship, but if they were abused by their parents, it would explain that. 

I like Connor, but Annalise was right. He and the others killed Sam not her. She is the one paying price covering for them as everyone thinks that she is a murderer. Yes, Sam was angry because of his fight with Annalise, but he did kill Lila. The students followed Rebecca into the house and got into a physical confrontation with Sam when they could have walked away. None of this is Annalise's fault. She even came up with a fool proof way to get rid of the evidence to protect them and they screwed up. One thing Connor is right about, Wes is the one who killed Sam or at least struck the fatal blow. This is why Annalise covered it up, to protect Wes.

Annalise is going to lose her mind now that she knows that the two men that she loves are conspiring against her. I was glad that she did not give his wife the pills, I think that it was a set up. No way that woman thinks that Annalise is good enough for Nate.

Oh Bonnie, you should have told Asher the truth.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

So...and maybe I got this all wrong, Asher makes a deal with the DA.  He gives her information about Anna killing her husband (which he's wrong about) so there's no further investigation about what happened at Trotter Lake.  Bons tells Asher she killed Sam in the hopes that Asher will change his story but she doesn't know about Trotter Lake.

I didn't get the impression that Michaela was falling for Caleb.  It looked like at the end of the show they were playing him.

I did thought the teenage girl was guilty but was surprised that Conner gave them the video.

I still can't figure out Rebecca's foster brother and his end goals. 

So...and maybe I got this all wrong, Asher makes a deal with the DA.  He gives her information about Anna killing her husband (which he's wrong about) so there's no further investigation about what happened at Trotter Lake.  Bons tells Asher she killed Sam in the hopes that Asher will change his story but she doesn't know about Trotter Lake.

Oh...that makes sense. Actually, that makes perfect sense. So now that Bonnie has falsely confessed to Sam's murder, now what? She assumes Asher sold Annalise out for basically nothing, but it was to save him from Trotter Lake coming back up. What does she assume he'll do? Feel guilty and retract his statement? 

I'm actually not surprised Connor gave them the video. His anger toward Annalise started building this episode and he's probably the one who feels the most. I think Annalise does too, but she's learned to control her emotions while Connor hasn't. You know, these two are more alike than they'd ever want to admit. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 4

assumes Annalise killed Sam. Oh boy, you're far off.

Actually, I believe this. How many times in that scene did we think Sam was dead and he wasn't, then Wes give what everyone thinks is the death blow and leaves, when he returns to get rid of the body, Annalise is there, in the dark. I think she killed him while Wes was gone and that is the reason she 'helped' them cover it up.

• Love 2

I am so attracted to the woman playing Catherine, even more than the person playing Caleb.  I know some posters here have made of her "Who me?" dollface or whatever but I think she is extremely attractive.  I was attracted to Rebecca too so honestly she is more Wes's type than anything....

I was feeling so lackluster about this season, but I went into this episode with a really positive attitude and really enjoyed it.  A lot happened!  And we got to see Nate's wife!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I didn't care much for COTW this week, but man, the plot!

We got to meet Nate's wife, and have heard her side of things, as she sees it. (But props to her for knowing about the affair AND giving Nate her blessings with it). We got just a glimpse of Asher when he's not being portrayed as the clown of Keating 5. We got see Connor's character development regarding Annalise (lack of) morality and his sense of right vs wrong. We got to see Wes furthering investigating the disapperance of Rebecca...and it resulted in Nate calling him an idiot (I don't disagree there). We got to see further proof that Bonnie will do anything to protect Annalise, including covering for her AND taking the blame for something (so that makes me really wonder what Annalise did for Bonnie). And we saw the Flash Forward unfolding some more...what is Caleb doing in Michaela's apartment?

Just to keep tabs on who killed who and who thinks who killed who...

1) Frank killed Lila on Sam's order. Frank and Sam knows Frank killed Lila, but seeing as Sam is no longer with us, only Frank is in the know at this point. Everybody else thinks Sam killed Lila. Rebecca was put on trial for Lila's death, but seeing as she's dead, it's no go.

2) Wes killed Sam. Annalise, Wes, Connor, Michaela, Laurel and Rebecca knows that Wes killed Sam. Frank and Bonnie knows it's the students who did it, but I don't think it was explicity shown that they know Wes delievered the fatal blow. The general public in the HTGAWM world, including Asher, thinks Annalise killed Sam. Nate was framed for Sam's murder, but he's been proven not guilty. Bonnie confessed to Asher that she killed Sam.

3) Bonnie killed Rebecca. Annalise, Bonnie and Frank knows that Bonnie killed Rebecca. Laurel suspects Rebecca's dead. With Nate's help, Wes is doing his own investigation on her disapperance. Annalise does not know that Wes is doing the investigation, although she did see him talking with Nate outside the hospital.

4) We don't know who killed the Hapstall parents. And we have no leads right now other than the twins. And maybe the house keeper.

5) We also don't know who killed the Hapstall aunt. I don't know if her death will be furthered along in the show or not. Caleb was accused of murdering her, but he has been proven not guilty.

6) And that leaves us to Annalise and the DA. It's anyone guess at this time as to who killed the DA, and who shot Annalise. Caleb looks like he has something to do with it, but that could be a big plot twist. Nate and Wes most likely have something to do with it. Asher is once again not part of the group so maybe he has something to do with it...I mean, it is shown in this episose that he wants Annalise to get what's coming for her.

Think that's about it? I'm looking forward to learning more about Frank and Bonnie, and to see where Wes' investigation leads him.

Edited by MH319
  • Love 24

So Asher is giving testimony in the case of Sam's murder in exchange for immunity from prosecution for whatever the fuck happened to Tiffany at Trotter Lake.

But what the hell actual evidence does Asher have to make that testimony worth more than "I think Annalise totally did it because, like, whispering and side eyes and guilty faces and stuff"?

He has nothing to actually say.  IDGI.

• Love 13

Rebecca putting Lila's phone in Wes' apartment is where the chain of events leading to Sam's death originated. If she had given it to the police, it is likely Sam would have eventually been caught. 

The virginity test is kind of icky. This show will probably just reveal that they were exclusively oral and/or anal. 

Connor's only way out is to give up law school and confess. But the show isn't going there, so I'm not going with it either.

• Love 1

Um just becasue the sister is a virgin doesn't mean they still can't be messing around. 

Sorry I think I would take my chances and get far far away from the Annalise and her murdering crew. 

• Love 2

And it looked like she "took the test" alone.  Those kids have access to lots of money, they could have paid a doctor to falsify the test or paid a clerical person or lab tech to create a false test result report.

Catherine was awfully smug in her "I passed!".  I could totally see it being discovered that they pulled some shenanigans with the test or they only had oral/anal sex.

• Love 5

Just to keep tabs on who killed who and who thinks who killed who...

1) Frank killed Lila on Sam's order. Frank and Sam knows Frank killed Lila, but seeing as Sam is no longer with us, only Frank is in the know at this point. Everybody else thinks Sam killed Lila. Rebecca was put on trial for Lila's death, but seeing as she's dead, it's no go.

2) Wes killed Sam. Annalise, Wes, Connor, Michaela, Laurel and Rebecca knows that Wes killed Sam. Frank and Bonnie knows it's the students who did it, but I don't think it was explicity shown that they know Wes delievered the fatal blow. The general public in the HTGAWM world, including Asher, thinks Annalise killed Sam. Nate was framed for Sam's murder, but he's been proven not guilty. Bonnie confessed to Asher that she killed Sam.

3) Bonnie killed Rebecca. Annalise, Bonnie and Frank knows that Bonnie killed Rebecca. Laurel suspects Rebecca's dead. With Nate's help, Wes is doing his own investigation on her disapperance. Annalise does not know that Wes is doing the investigation, although she did see him talking with Nate outside the hospital.

4) We don't know who killed the Hapstall parents. And we have no leads right now other than the twins. And maybe the house keeper.

5) We also don't know who killed the Hapstall aunt. I don't know if her death will be furthered along in the show or not. Caleb was accused of murdering her, but he has been proven not guilty.

6) And that leaves us to Annalise and the DA. It's anyone guess at this time as to who killed the DA, and who shot Annalise. Caleb looks like he has something to do with it, but that could be a big plot twist. Nate and Wes most likely have something to do with it. Asher is once again not part of the group so maybe he has something to do with it...I mean, it is shown in this episose that he wants Annalise to get what's coming for her.

Think that's about it? I'm looking forward to learning more about Frank and Bonnie, and to see where Wes' investigation leads him.

Pretty good summary, but a few notes:

Rebecca and Lila's boyfriend Griffin were put on trial for Lila's murder. Both were basically cleared, it seemed, when Anni put forth enough evidence suggesting Sam was the killer, which was before Rebecca's own murder.

Wes and Levi also suspect Rebecca's dead. Given that Nate is helping Wes investigate, he presumably is also suspicious of whether Rebecca's alive. I don't think we have much insight as to whether Connor, Michaela or Asher even think about Rebecca now that she's gone. (Come to think of it, it seems surprising that there is, as far as we know, no media coverage of Rebecca's apparent disappearance.)

The Hapstall kids aren't twins. They were adopted independently from one another from all appearances.

When you say that Nate and Caleb were "proven" not guilty of their respective murders, that's not quite accurate.

Nate had a preliminary hearing, a legal proceeding in which the prosecutor has to show that it's more probably true than not that the accused committed a given crime. The prosecutor bungled Nate's preliminary hearing by spending energy trying to connect Annalise and Eve together and by trying to insist that Anni was guilty of Sam's murder. The judge pointed this out and said she had "no choice but to send you back to the drawing board." In other words, Nate has not been exonerated or found not guilty by the judge or by a jury. The judge said the prosecutor hadn't even met the lenient standard of more likely than not. But hypothetically, the prosecutor could try to go at Nate again with a more focused case.

Caleb's experience was similar. The prosecution had as evidence Caleb's DNA found at the crime scene. But thanks to the magic of Oliver, Anni was able to determine that there was an initial set of DNA results that found no match to Caleb, but then there was a second round of DNA that linked Caleb to the scene. Anni was able to argue at Caleb's arraignment (a proceeding at which the defendant has formal charges read and enters a plea) that the case should be dismissed because the fact of the earliest round of DNA results were exculpatory and likely the result of police misconduct. This doesn't mean that Caleb was found not guilty, either. He could be factually guilty despite the judge's decision, and he is hypothetically still potentially subject to trial in the aunt's murder.

• Love 5

Okay, so can we make sense of the ending please?

When light-eyes says, "Is she okay?" And Michaela lies and says, "yes" I guess we can assume he's referring to Annalise. So maybe he accidentally shot her or hit her in the head or something, and then ran away (???) But what would be the motive for that?

Annalise obviously found out about Wes and Nate talking. Wes now knows that Annalise helped murder Rebecca, and maybe Nate's wife will die as well, and Nate will think Annalise did it. So they both gang up to take her out, but pin it on light-eyes?

Chile, I need some diagrams.

• Love 3

When you were watching the scenes with Anni and Nate's wife, did Admiral Akbar pop up and yell, "IT'S A TRAP!"

Because it seems to me that there must be about a half-dozen ways that a cancer patient who wants to die could do that without involving Anni. (Stop taking meds/refuse treatment, OD on any of the various pills they give her, slit her wrists on an IV or any number of things, contact various right-to-die societies and have them help her out, contact her own friends/family (she must have some, right?) and have them get the pills).

Pretty much the only reason to get Anni involved that I can think of:

1. Poison her relationship with Nate for good. Nate's almost about ready to hook up with Anni despite a) Anni costing him his job, b) the embarrassment of being publicly known as someone who was cheating on his cancer-ridden wife (even if she encouraged his cheating) c) Anni framing him for murder d) the high possibility of Anni being a murderer e) Anni sleeping with Eve and shattering the possibility that what you have is traditional true love f) Anni lying to him repeatedly, either directly or by omission. Really the only thing that could kill Natanni is Anni's facilitating the death of his wife.

2. Try to get Anni tried for assisted suicide, which I assume is a crime in PA. 

I would have liked to see more of the internal struggle/decisionmaking Anni had in dealing with this. It seems to me that someone as cynical and calculating as Anni must have realized the points I tried to make above are at the minimum possibilities. 

• Love 7

So Asher is giving testimony in the case of Sam's murder in exchange for immunity from prosecution for whatever the fuck happened to Tiffany at Trotter Lake.

But what the hell actual evidence does Asher have to make that testimony worth more than "I think Annalise totally did it because, like, whispering and side eyes and guilty faces and stuff"?

He has nothing to actually say.  IDGI.

I know right?  What does he actually know?  Nothing.  He wasn't there.  he saw nothing. Nobody has told him anything.  It is even less than hearsay.

So is Annalise training up Michaela to be her next Bonnie?

They haven't killed anyone this season yet Connor falling apart this early is not a good sign.

I wonder what the relationship between Michaela and Sexy Eyes actually is?  He is at her house, they all know he is there, they are having her play him somehow.  I have to say Bleeding out Annalise is much more fun as an episode topper than Twirling Cheerleader.

I am also enjoying Nate's expanded role this season.  He seems very competent.

• Love 2

I do like this show and I am willing to suspend my disbelief on many things, but why were Nate and Wes having a heated conversation out in the open near the hospital where Nate's wife is staying? Especially since Nate knew Annalise had been there previously? I think they could have waited an episode and had Annalise find out about their partnership in a more plausible way

The COTW was okay. I called the kid being a lying psycho right from the start and I loved when she basically screwed herself.

I called it, too.  But did she really screw herself?  Anna was trying to get Zoe into the psych ward.  I would think Zoe's crazed outburst guaranteed that's where she ends up.

Teenage girls are terrifying.  Are we completely sure though that Anni wasn't setting Zoe up with her questions to Megan (Molly?)  She's not dumb, she had to have known that if Zoe was really a sociopath she wouldn't have been able to keep from asserting herself.  That combined with the fact that Anni made it a point to say she knows how to play a teenage girl and she didn't *really* seem as upset as I would have expected with Connor, I'm very curious as to her thought process.

Edit - I thought Zoe's outburst made it clear that she was going to get convicted, not that she was going to end up in a mental facility?

Edited by buffy11bnl

Man, that Zoe chick was straight out of one of those "teens gone amuk" episodes of Law and Order SVU

Wes...you are bad at this. I get that you had you Rebecca obsession, and maybe thats clouding your judgement, but dude, I have seen the flash forwards, and it don't look good. 

How do they manage to cram so much crazy into just one hour? Its amazing!

Poor Connor. I think he is just getting exhausted, mentally and emotionally, and he`s starting to fall apart. Maybe a Defense attorney isn't the job for him anymore. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Huh. To me, it made perfect sense that Nate's wife would ask Anna to help end her life. Doctors and nurses would be prosecuted for assisted suicide; alternatively, involving family and friends would mean asking your loved ones to live with the guilt and sadness for the rest of their lives if they are even willing to consider it (I know I couldn't do it). Anna is by all accounts a self-serving woman who has an interest in Nate, access to drugs and has been involved in murders before (although not the way Nate's wife thought). Why ask someone you care about to put themselves through that pain when you can call in a favor from a morally compromised but competent and willing stranger who owes you?

• Love 13

Teenage girls are terrifying.  Are we completely sure though that Anni wasn't setting Zoe up with her questions to Megan (Molly?)  She's not dumb, she had to have known that if Zoe was really a sociopath she wouldn't have been able to keep from asserting herself.  

Whether she knows the person is a murderer or not, Annalise wouldn't throw a case.  I believe what she was trying to to was to break the girl on the stand and make it seem like she was the one who could have possibly orchestrated the entire thing just enough so that the jury bought it.  Unfortunately the video in combo with what the girl on the stand was saying pushed Zoe over the edge and got her to confirm what the girls were saying, she was the mastermind not them.

Annalise is losing control of the Keating 5 and it's good that she exerted some of it over Conor. They're not in the business of doing "what's right" and no matter what Conor says or thinks, she wasn't the one who killed Sam.  They did. She wasn't the one who got rid of the body, they did.  As for her "manipulating" them into doing it ... no one can make you do anything that you don't want to. 

Also count me in on thinking Wes needs an attitude adjustment.  I haven't liked this boy since S1, all of the trouble they're in can be directly traced back to him and his creepy obsession with Rebecca.  Now he's trying to manipulate people and doing what he pleases when, really, he should be thanking all of them including Annalise. Why no one ever calls him out on this is bizarre to me.  He needs to be put in his place.

As for Asher, I can only take one more week of this "Trotter Lake" mystery mess. My guess is he got someone killed.  However, he should have just gone to Annalise and spoken to her about it.  Then again, she doesn't have the same relationship with him as she does the others since he was lucky enough to not be in on Sam's murder.

Edited by FiveByFive
  • Love 6
But man, Shonda's shows really know how to find good looking men.

Hear hear!

One thing that makes me really mad with this season.  Last season they found all sorts of reasons for Nate to be naked.  This season they're putting him in this awful, comical uniform - what the hell is it anyway?  That hat makes him look like a park ranger.  It looks like he's always in some kind of terrible disguise from the Scooby Doo cartoons.  Make it stop.  And take it off.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

Okay, so can we make sense of the ending please?

When light-eyes says, "Is she okay?" And Michaela lies and says, "yes" I guess we can assume he's referring to Annalise. So maybe he accidentally shot her or hit her in the head or something, and then ran away (???) But what would be the motive for that?

Annalise obviously found out about Wes and Nate talking. Wes now knows that Annalise helped murder Rebecca, and maybe Nate's wife will die as well, and Nate will think Annalise did it. So they both gang up to take her out, but pin it on light-eyes?

Chile, I need some diagrams.

That's what I like most about this show. Unlike almost everything else I watch on TV, and I do watch way too much TV, I have to actually pay attention when I watch this one. I can't surf the net, clean the house, do the laundry, or do anything else when HTGAWM is on. Other than Orphan Black, I can't think of another show that forces me to pay attention. And I know it will eventually reward me for doing so.

• Love 10

I'm fully in support of Connor sabotaging the CotW because even for this, their prep was laughable. Did Zoe's parents approach Annalise the day before the trial? What happened to her previous attorney? If you only have 3 hours to find something to discredit the state's psychiatric expert, then this is not a case you should take. I don't like how the show got there, but this is not a case they should have taken or won. I would have liked it more of the loss was symptomatic of Annalise being distracted by the situation with Nia.

• Love 1

I'm guessing that the "she" light-eyes is referring to is the DA. She could have been dead for quite a while, but Anni was recently shot, and Caleb is already away from the house and at the apartment when the gang get there. So maybe Caleb accidentally caused the DA to fall as she was there threatening someone with blackmail (like she does). Anni advises him to get out of there (to the apartment). After he leaves someone (Levi?) shoot Anni.

Is it just me, or did Nate immediately recognize Levi's name and then ask Wes if he even checked his story? Does Nate already know who his guy is?

• Love 1

Huh. To me, it made perfect sense that Nate's wife would ask Anna to help end her life. Doctors and nurses would be prosecuted for assisted suicide; alternatively, involving family and friends would mean asking your loved ones to live with the guilt and sadness for the rest of their lives if they are even willing to consider it (I know I couldn't do it). Anna is by all accounts a self-serving woman who has an interest in Nate, access to drugs and has been involved in murders before (although not the way Nate's wife thought). Why ask someone you care about to put themselves through that pain when you can call in a favor from a morally compromised but competent and willing stranger who owes you?

That would still leave a) taking care of it yourself b) refusing treatment c) getting a stranger to do it.

Calling on Anni to do it should have failed spectacularly. Anni and Nate's wife (NW) don't know each other. There's no reason for Anni to actually agree to meet Nate's wife in person. And even assuming she does, and knowing as you pointed out that she presumably has means and opportunity to bring about NW's death, there's the issue of motive.

Obligation to NW? Hardly. If the writers were consistent, Anni would have probably literally laughed in her face. Anni has not seemed the least bit bothered by having the affair, and even if we assume for argument's sake she owes NW something for having it, killing with all the moral and legal consequences that come with it seem a lot.

Obligation to Nate? Well, yeah, it sucks for Nate that he has to struggle with his wife's medical struggles. But what would suck worse is knowing that his girlfriend killed her behind his back. 

Self-interest? Again, the possibility of screwing up her relationship with Nate and of exposing herself to legal trouble seems to weigh a bit heavily on the self-interest tip. 

I can't think of a single reason why Anni would consider directly helping NW by handing her pills. At the very least, she should have tried to protect herself. (Getting NW to film a video demonstrating that she wanted to die or becoming NW's attorney and then helping NW figure out any number of ways to commit suicide.)

I'm guessing that the "she" light-eyes is referring to is the DA. She could have been dead for quite a while, but Anni was recently shot, and Caleb is already away from the house and at the apartment when the gang get there. So maybe Caleb accidentally caused the DA to fall as she was there threatening someone with blackmail (like she does). Anni advises him to get out of there (to the apartment). After he leaves someone (Levi?) shoot Anni.

Is it just me, or did Nate immediately recognize Levi's name and then ask Wes if he even checked his story? Does Nate already know who his guy is?

It is also possible that the "she" Caleb is referring to is his sister. 

I thought that Nate didn't recognize the name but was just reacting to Wes bringing in more people into the circle of trust without his permission. 

I'm fully in support of Connor sabotaging the CotW because even for this, their prep was laughable. Did Zoe's parents approach Annalise the day before the trial? What happened to her previous attorney? If you only have 3 hours to find something to discredit the state's psychiatric expert, then this is not a case you should take. I don't like how the show got there, but this is not a case they should have taken or won. I would have liked it more of the loss was symptomatic of Annalise being distracted by the situation with Nia.

That is part of the suspension of disbelief behind all TV law programs, and "Murder" specifically. Every COTW is still in the process of being worked up while the trial is going on, and there's all sorts of last-minute evidence that's being discovered. 

I love how the parents don't seem to be concerned at all that their kid is a psycho-killer, just that Anni wasn't able to work a miracle.

• Love 2