Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

What does Tony do?  He used to be a banker.  I don't think you can greet customers with that do!  

So many mysterious on this show!

Mykelti said on her patreon that Tony "doesn't like to work", because  he doesn't like other persons tell him what to do and he wants to spend his time as he pleases. I mean, don't we all? Anyway, he is a SAHD and Mykelti shills her MLMs and when Tony travels to his chess tournaments there are always Christine and  Aspyn and Truely to take care of the kids. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Sad 2
5 hours ago, Elodia said:

Mykelti said on her patreon that Tony "doesn't like to work", because  he doesn't like other persons tell him what to do and he wants to spend his time as he pleases. I mean, don't we all? Anyway, he is a SAHD and Mykelti shills her MLMs and when Tony travels to his chess tournaments there are always Christine and  Aspyn and Truely to take care of the kids. 

Tony’s living the dream!  

I would think with three babies under three to look after he’d come up with something else!

Can Tony survive?  Coming to a theatre near you!  😄

• LOL 5

Meeting Mykelti may have been the best thing to come into Tony's life (from his point of view).

At least Maddie's husband found a good technical program/apprentice program and has stayed with it.  They seem to have more of a plan for life than trying to get by pushing MLM products.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 13

Brought over from Mykelti's thread...

I wonder if Maddie would be happier working full-time outside the home like her mother did?  Of course, Maddie doesn't have a Christine to take the kids off her "dead tired" self like Janelle did.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I think Maddie is just tired like any new mom of three.  I’m sure I complained just as much when my kids were little.  The difference is that I wasn’t on a smart phone/ internet/social media so my complaining was to one friend at a time. 

• Like 14

I don't think Maddie is unhappy. While Instagram isn't a blog, there are a good number of Mommy bloggers who share their everyday challenges and don't try to paint a (false) perfect issue of family life that is all unicorns and rainbows. 

I don't think she would even look at what she posts as complaints. I'm not sure I see them as complaints -- at least not serious complaints.

And I don't think she is trying to be newsworthy either, which is why her posts aren't newsworth. Kids that grew up with social media being a fact of life use social media differently than those of us who cut our teeth on Web 1.0.

Maddie gets under my skin on the show, but nothing I've seen her do on social media (except that time she seemingly subtweeted Meri) has even made me raise an eyebrow. She just documents her daily grind (and probably mostly for herself).

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, General Days said:

She just documents her daily grind (and probably mostly for herself).

My take- there are tons of bloggers, content creators (?), influencers, etc all over the internet and more trying to become relevant all the time. To keep the thumbs up, views, likes coming, these people have to stay active online. Don't post for awhile or (gasp) become boring, people are going to look/lurk elsewhere online. All these MLM people need the publicity, thus they continously post. See Roloffs, Teen Mom alums, Whitney Thore, all those dopes on House Hunters, etc. 

• Like 7

Mom of 3 here too, and yes, it can be exhausting, particularly when your kids develop a routine where one always wakes up when another falls asleep. Maddie always posts about trivial bits and presents them as if it’s unique, strange or very important to share. A lack of sleep for young moms isn’t strange or special. Sufficient sleep in that stage is! (Do tell us Maddie when that happens…)

And she really has to stop whining! Just enjoy your kids and put an emphasis on posts about fun or special things instead of everything that isn’t fun or so hard!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maddie does make beautiful children.

Um, Maddie & Caleb make beautiful children. It takes 2 LOL! They are sweethearts, wonder how Joey(?) will turn out?

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 7
On 4/1/2023 at 3:50 PM, xwordfanatik said:

It's nice to see Axel smiling, and Evie is such a pretty little girl.

Evie doesn't seem to have those strong Janelle genes that everyone else has. They are all cute of course, but she really is adorable.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Honestly not to make fun of innocent babies, but I’m surprised there aren’t more genetic issues the way this group is so inbred. They’re all related and intermarried to some degree. 

I think all of UT is, but I don't know!

Mitch and Aspyn are probably the most closely related, just because they're both from long polygamy lines. 

Tony is fresh blood.

Janelle says she was raised mainstream, but has never alluded to Mormon  ancestors. Idk about her bio or stepdad.

Neither Erica nor Caleb, to my knowledge, are descended from polygamy bloodlines.

Not sure about Michelle. 

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Honestly not to make fun of innocent babies, but I’m surprised there aren’t more genetic issues the way this group is so inbred. They’re all related and intermarried to some degree. 

Maddie and Caleb are not blood-related. Iirc, one of Kody’s brothers was married to Caleb’s sister, which makes them related through marriage only.

There is indeed a lot of speculation on inbreeding in Utah, but from a logical point of view it must have happened in many places. Particularly in times when there were lots of huge families and people were bound to a fairly small geographical region. Think of towns where people have lived for many generations.

It’s not necessarily bad, as long as you’re not too closely related and don’t have too many shared ancestors. It tends to become tricky when those common ancestors share genes for specific (rare) genetic diseases or when families marry relatives for several generations.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It tends to become tricky when those common ancestors share genes for specific (rare) genetic diseases or when families marry relatives for several generations.

As evidenced by pockets in Appalachia with lots of families with crandiofacial anomalies and the Blue People of Kentucky.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

As evidenced by pockets in Appalachia with lots of families with crandiofacial anomalies and the Blue People of Kentucky.

Yes. Also in the Boston and Ozark Mountain areas of Mo and Ar.

There is a large Amish community South of Springfield. In the 90s, there was such a high incidence of birth defects, they had to broker marriages from Ohio and Pennsylvania. 

We used to xray those poor children in the free children's clinic. Heartbreaking.

• Sad 11

Let me make it clear I don’t think Utah or LDS I’m general and inbred. But when you get paranoid cults who do not seem to like outsiders, plus this family’s history, it gets weird.

How does it go - Kody and Janelle are step siblings, janelle was married to Meri’s brother (no kids together), Robyn’s ex and kody are cousins, Christine and Robyn’s ex are cousins? What am I leaving out? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
23 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Let me make it clear I don’t think Utah or LDS I’m general and inbred. But when you get paranoid cults who do not seem to like outsiders, plus this family’s history, it gets weird.

How does it go - Kody and Janelle are step siblings, janelle was married to Meri’s brother (no kids together), Robyn’s ex and kody are cousins, Christine and Robyn’s ex are cousins? What am I leaving out? 

I hear what you're saying. I'm sure there were a fair amount of cousins who married in prior generations. And yes, all these close connections continue which is a bit weird in modern times. 

• Like 5
On 4/5/2023 at 8:21 AM, GeeGolly said:

I hear what you're saying. I'm sure there were a fair amount of cousins who married in prior generations. And yes, all these close connections continue which is a bit weird in modern times. 

It is weird, but in half the states in US, it is legal to marry a first cousin. Surprisingly, not UT, not AR. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3

I'm going to guess if it were not for forums like Primetimer the Browns and their ilk would have far less followers and barely make the news.

To me their SM posts does more for 'us' than them. It allows us to maintain the camaraderie we have all built discussing the craziness of this (and other) reality show and other shows in general. And for many of us on Primetimer, snarking is a big part of it.

• Like 18
7 hours ago, KeHuy said:

There's a difference between inbred and consanguinity - which is where a couple may share a common ancestor.

Inbreeding is when close relatives practice incest like uncles/nieces and aunts/nephews procreate or even siblings or half siblings or parents and children do. Often to try and keep bloodlines 'pure'.

Consanguinity is actually really common outside of the Western world and sometimes happens within the Western world because of restricted geography or other reasons.

The European Royal families practiced incest inbreeding for centuries which led to enormous genetic problems and the Hapsburg jaw. So they stopped the incest inbreeding but practiced consanguinity because there were usually laws against marrying commoners so it wasn't unusual to marry a distant cousin. Queen Elizabeth the second and Prince Philip were both descendants of Queen Victoria for example.

Same goes for Roma Gypsies, Irish travellers, a lot of tribes and ethnic groups in Africa and India and Asia. It's not deliberate Inbreeding or incest it was just that people tended/still do to marry within their own communities when there are limited opportunities to meet people outside those communities and very good economic and social reasons to marry into those groups.

Appalachia and any other rural/mountain communities are the same. it was going to happen that you'd marry someone you shared an ancestor with because there weren't a lot of other options.

The LDS church started to take off with a few dozen families who crossed the plains to Utah. And they realised that wasn't a diverse genetic pool so proselytised to bring in converts. But anyone who can trace back their ancestry to the early church will be related to thousands of others in the church and many who were descendants of the ancestors who continued to practice polygamy will have closer ancestry as that group got smaller. 

Before the advent of genealogy sites and similar, most of us wouldn't have knowledge of anyone else we shared a Great, Great-Great or Great-Great-Great Grandparent with us. Which is what some of the Brown adults share. You could be in Wallmart and pass by a distant cousin and be none the wiser. 

The Brown's that are involved are really distant relatives of each other. The stuff in the press about OMG they're all related and inbred was the kind of bigotry and discrimination that the Brown's were initially talking about that plural families experience. 

There are genetic disorders in some of the fundamentalist groups as a result of consanguinity as there was a defective gene carried by an individual then descendants with that gebe procreate with other descendants who also had a defective gene. Without a defective gene, consanguinity is not a problem and that's why even 1st cousin marriage is rarely illegal. None of the genetic disorders in the groups effect, or ever would effect the Brown's because they're not that closely biologically related.

The public are usually viewing this through their own limited paradigm of families based on the typical experience. OMG Christine and Robyns ex are cousins! creepy!. They're half-cousins in a culture where they both have hundreds of cousins and half cousins and never met most of them. 

It's not the common cousin experience you and I might know where you might be brought up together and having sleep overs. You could have a cousin in fundamentalist LDS that you not only haven't met but is old enough to be your Grandparent. 

If Christine had grown up regularly shared a paddling pool with Robyns ex it might be worth a comment. But even if they had, it wouldn't make it inbreeding or even creepy that he married Robyn and then Robyn married Kody. He and Robyn aren't related even distantly.

Janelle and Kody aren't and never were step-siblings in any way either. 

They weren't brought up together in a blended family. They were both adults when their parents got married in a spiritual ceremony not recognised legally by the state or in any other way by society. 

The church would of course recognise Winn and Sheryl as sealed but no-one in the church hierarchy or just the congregation would consider Janelle and Kody as siblings in any way. 

Fascinating!  I need to look at my genealogy to see how far back my Mormon relatives go.  I have always been told they traipsed through the plains to get to Utah but who knows.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just watched a video of Maddie explaining that Axel came in from playing and wanted to take a bath. Axel was in the bathroom and Maddie was somewhere else in the house making this video. She pointed out the splashing sound in the background, and wondered if he was jumping from the toilet into the tub. She asked, “should I go look?”. 

So, she decided to go look and came back to say he indeed was jumping from the toilet into the tub.

I’m still processing what I just watched.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 16
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I just watched a video of Maddie explaining that Axel came in from playing and wanted to take a bath. Axel was in the bathroom and Maddie was somewhere else in the house making this video. She pointed out the splashing sound in the background, and wondered if he was jumping from the toilet into the tub. She asked, “should I go look?”. 

So, she decided to go look and came back to say he indeed was jumping from the toilet into the tub.

The instant she suspected what was going on, she should have dropped the phone and raced to the bathroom. He could have hit his head on the faucets and knocked himself out. Could have been very dire consequences. 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

How could a mother be this lackadaisical about their child doing something so dangerous?  I have no other words, except:

40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The instant she suspected what was going on, she should have dropped the phone and raced to the bathroom. He could have hit his head on the faucets and knocked himself out. Could have been very dire consequences. 

This.

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

How could a mother be this lackadaisical about their child doing something so dangerous?  I have no other words, except:

Because this is how she was raised. Christine and Janelle were very hands off and borderline negligent. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Because this is how she was raised. Christine and Janelle were very hands off and borderline negligent. 

Probably very true. Maybe too much reliance on the older kids to keep a watchful eye in the young ones.

At least C and J weren't distracted by placing more emphasis on cultivating a social media presence as Maddie seems to do.

• Like 9

I hope it will not take her finding him face down floating in the bathtub to make her take some responsibility for her kid.  This is just so dangerous I just have no words.

And asking if she should put down her phone and go look?  Seriously?

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

It was very disturbing, especially because before she actually got up and went in, she said the splashing was probably him jumping from the toilet to the tub. She wasn’t making the video to talk about anything besides the fact he was taking a bath, and there was splashing.
I have to wonder what kind of comments she received.

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 1
On 4/20/2023 at 9:18 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I hope it will not take her finding him face down floating in the bathtub to make her take some responsibility for her kid.  This is just so dangerous I just have no words.

And asking if she should put down her phone and go look?  Seriously?

I would have taken the phone jic. To call 911. Js.

• Like 2
On 4/18/2023 at 2:16 PM, KeHuy said:

There's a difference between inbred and consanguinity - which is where a couple may share a common ancestor.

Actually, inbreeding is the genetic consequence of consanguinity. You cannot have inbreeding without a blood relation. (And a blood relation is called consanguinity)

The difference is that inbreeding happens by repeatedly marrying relatives and having kids over generations, like you pointed out with the Habsburgers, or when closely related people have children (like 2 siblings or parent and child). Both have the same result: a quick diluting of the gene pool. This leads to a few genes becoming dominant. Unfortunately, such genes do not distinguish between good traits and bad. And it’s the bad dominant genes we usually notice, such as the infamous Habsburg Jaw or the spread of hemophilia among royalty in 19th century Europe.

It depends on your faith, up to which point it is still considered consanguinity. For example 3rd and 4th cousins share less than 1% of their dna. It could technically be called consanguinity, but in reality they’re as “closely” related as you and me. So, there’s usually little or no objection for them to get married or have kids.

Hope this little biology essay helps😉

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 5/26/2023 at 5:39 PM, ginger90 said:

55E5345A-FA85-47AF-BC6C-F75C46E0B67F.jpeg

E366CD17-7D82-4F4B-8590-894C9F1F7C3E.jpeg

Mykelti looks nice- a lot like Aspyn in that screen shot. 

Was this Axel’s first plane ride? I loved looking out of the plane window when I was little. 

• Like 6

Maddie looks so much better with lighter hair color. Not sure if it’s completely natural but it’s definitely more flattering than the dark color she had. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kbo said:

Maddie looks so much better with lighter hair color. Not sure if it’s completely natural but it’s definitely more flattering than the dark color she had. 

I know she was a natural blonde when she was younger, but I know for some hair color changes as they age. 

• Like 4

Isn't that adorable. They all look great. I agree about Maddie looking better with her natural hair color.

It's not easy to get three little kids to look at the camera/smile. Axel looks like Logan to me!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Isn't that adorable. They all look great. I agree about Maddie looking better with her natural hair color.

It's not easy to get three little kids to look at the camera/smile. Axel looks like Logan to me!

He does look sort of like Logan and sweet Evie is gorgeous! It looks like the baby (forgot her name) is going to be a looker too.  3 beautiful children.

I want to hug all 3 of them!!

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

He does look sort of like Logan and sweet Evie is gorgeous! It looks like the baby (forgot her name) is going to be a looker too.  3 beautiful children.

I want to hug all 3 of them!!

IKR!  I just wanna plant kisses on Evie's chubby lil cheeks!  😉

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Like 4

If we are commenting on appearances, Caleb is not a looker. He has that scruffy-looking, unkempt beard that some bald men grow. And he looks so much older than Maddie.

On the positive side, there isn't as much age ick factor as there was when they started dating when Maddie was 19 and Caleb was 28. 

• Like 5