Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

On 10/29/2022 at 1:30 PM, BAForever said:

Ok, I've had this thought in terms of gender and education with the Browns. I won't have all names right, so correct me as I go. Logan and Hunter- college degrees (+). Mykelti, Maddie and Aspyn- no college degrees (yet). Leon college degree. Was there a push for the male children to seek high education while the females were geared towards more traditional wife and mother roles? I'm intentionally not adding Robyn's kids and recognize Leon uniquely as they are non-binary. I think Gabe is in undergraduate school, but don't know about Garrison. Thoughts or more info?

I kinda felt the same. I actually wished that one of the girls would shake things up and enlist in the Marines and then get their school paid for. 

I’m not trying to make light of being a mom, but it’s as if the females are reduced to having kids and joining MLMs. It’s as if they just don’t mean as much. It’s gotta be the culture. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I kinda felt the same. I actually wished that one of the girls would shake things up and enlist in the Marines and then get their school paid for. 

I’m not trying to make light of being a mom, but it’s as if the females are reduced to having kids and joining MLMs. It’s as if they just don’t mean as much. It’s gotta be the culture. 

Was kindly corrected. Aspyn graduated college. Interesting that she doesn't have children (yet). Good for her for putting school first. Harder for many to do college with children. 

• Like 4
On 11/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, TurtlePower said:

It’s not as if they don’t mean as much, it’s as if they mean MORE in the housewife baby maker role than as professional working women. It’s more acceptable and expected to be the perfect wife and mother inside the home than to be college educated with a career outside the home and a family. Definitely the culture.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

BA61D7A6-7981-4C34-A83D-87A862B64863.jpeg

F13560E1-9BDA-4640-A10D-7166B8850531.jpeg

She looks happy and quite cute! She has that "glow" in her face. I know pregnancy can be SO uncomfortable at the end, and she has two other small children to care for. The time will go by quickly though. Maybe Janelle and Savannah will come to visit during Savannah's spring break.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
On 12/7/2022 at 1:21 PM, ginger90 said:

Recent Plexus post:

B7A9A096-6826-4853-859D-706572D51A50.jpeg

What the heck is going on with that ceiling?!?!??

It looks like tons of water damage and they’re just painting over it…. Yuck did they check for mould?

Once sheet rock has been wet it’s best to remove it and start over.

I seem to remember them just covering old siding from water damage/rot and at the time posters worried about locking in mould 😬

• Like 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

What the heck is going on with that ceiling?!?!??

It looks like tons of water damage and they’re just painting over it…. Yuck did they check for mould?

Once sheet rock has been wet it’s best to remove it and start over.

I seem to remember them just covering old siding from water damage/rot and at the time posters worried about locking in mould 😬

I think she is insinuating that Plexus gives her the energy to tackle scraping the popcorn ceiling. She mentioned last week I think that was a project for them.

I call BS on her actually doing this job, there isn't a speck on her and if she is using that makeshift platform to reach the ceiling she has little regard for the safety of her unborn child or herself.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

I think she is insinuating that Plexus gives her the energy to tackle scraping the popcorn ceiling. She mentioned last week I think that was a project for them.

I call BS on her actually doing this job, there isn't a speck on her and if she is using that makeshift platform to reach the ceiling she has little regard for the safety of her unborn child or herself.

We had all our popcorn ceilings removed at our old house by professionals…. It’s extremely messy and depending on how old your popcorn ceiling is it can be full of asbestos (our old house was built pre 1978 so full of asbestos) in that case you need professionals to do the removal (basically wearing hazmat suits) and it has to be hauled away very carefully to a proper environmentally controlled disposal site, it’s not cheap.

My sister had hers done last year, hers didn’t contain asbestos (her home was built in late 80’s) so they had a crew come in and mud over the popcorn and then, sand, sand, sand and more sanding to get smooth ceilings which meant absolutely tons of fine white dust everywhere even though the crew bagged off each room with poly…. After 3 rooms they decided to switch to tearing out and putting up new sheet rock which meant a lot less sanding, just the joints instead of the entire ceiling in each room… it cost more but my sister couldn’t stand the excessive dust from the first 3 rooms.

I hope Maddie and Caleb are doing it properly because it can lead to serious health problems if not tested and it contains asbestos.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

We had all our popcorn ceilings removed at our old house by professionals…. It’s extremely messy and depending on how old your popcorn ceiling is it can be full of asbestos (our old house was built pre 1978 so full of asbestos) in that case you need professionals to do the removal (basically wearing hazmat suits) and it has to be hauled away very carefully to a proper environmentally controlled disposal site, it’s not cheap.

My sister had hers done last year, hers didn’t contain asbestos (her home was built in late 80’s) so they had a crew come in and mud over the popcorn and then, sand, sand, sand and more sanding to get smooth ceilings which meant absolutely tons of fine white dust everywhere even though the crew bagged off each room with poly…. After 3 rooms they decided to switch to tearing out and putting up new sheet rock which meant a lot less sanding, just the joints instead of the entire ceiling in each room… it cost more but my sister couldn’t stand the excessive dust from the first 3 rooms.

I hope Maddie and Caleb are doing it properly because it can lead to serious health problems if not tested and it contains asbestos.

We have a mid-century house, and have had professionals remove asbestos, too.  We also had lead paint removed when we had our front door replaced.  We are not DIY types these days.  Maddie doing jobs like that while pregnant, and with little kids, makes me nervous.  

I hate it that she is pushing Plexass and making claims about it.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, GeeGolly said:

Did she say why?

She said it was because North Carolina makes it difficult to have a home birth, and she doesn’t want to drive 2 hours.

On 12/9/2022 at 3:01 PM, Cetacean said:

When did she reveal that?

Today in an Instagram story. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Has Maddie mentioned the chickens or the two dogs recently?   That combo never seemed too smart to me. 🤔

Evie is such a little doll!

The dogs have been in some videos, the chickens are a mystery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
On 12/9/2022 at 11:06 PM, ginger90 said:

She said it was because North Carolina makes it difficult to have a home birth, and she doesn’t want to drive 2 hours.

Yet she had no such issues when she was pregnant with Evie... 

So it's my guess that she doesn't want to go back to this specific birth center and sees no options to safely have this baby at home. Don't know about regulations in NC though a quick google search taught me it can be difficult indeed. Also,home births are usually only considered when there is every reason to expect a normal, uncomplicated birth, so most experienced midwives will probably be reluctant to take her on for a homebirth anyways.

Maybe she has finally realised that hospitals can be a "good" place to be after what happened to Evie and all the extra care she has needed so far. It may have cured her from her initial discomfort and mistrust. Hopefully, Caleb has a decent health insurance in place for his family. I don't particularly like Maddie, but I sure hope that she finally has a chance to experience a 'normal' uncomplicated and rather fast delivery, ideally with some good pain relief.

PS that picture of her at 30 weeks... she looked great but I do feel sorry for her: that baby bump is HUGE! And the hardest weeks are yet to come...

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

This is a beautiful pic of them.  Such a sweet baby...just wanna kiss that fat little cheeks! 😍

She is pretty adorable. She also looks a lot like her cousin Avalon (Mykelti’s oldest). I love chubby cheeked little ones!

• Like 8

In the Q&A she was asked if they were going to stay in North Carolina. She answered in a video , and said no, they hope to move to Wyoming or Montana. They want to, “buy some land and have livestock, and live a quiet life”.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Just Caleb and 🙄

Thank goodness she’s not home schooling.

plus she just said Janelle will be there. 🤪

I was assuming Janelle would have Axel & Evie. I was at the birth of my first grand, but after that I had charge of the others while son & DIL went to the hospital (plus there were COVID rules...)

But the other...can't make an excuse for that one.

• Useful 5
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe she’s counting grain elevators 🤷‍♀️

Does Montana have a lot of them?

Heh, not quite the same thing.

And before I hear about the big cities in Montana, I know there are a few.  But that would mean that he'd have to travel all over the state leaving Maddie with the kids for extended periods and the proposed livestock.

• Like 7
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Caleb inspect them too? I just can't imagine fixing elevators is a full time job other than in a place like NYC. You not only need lots of elevators, but you need lots of shitty ones.

When he first started I remember Maddie saying he was out of town a lot travelling to elevators and she was home alone with the kids.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

When he first started I remember Maddie saying he was out of town a lot travelling to elevators and she was home alone with the kids.

So I'm guessing its a salary job and he gets paid a lot for sitting around and travelling around.

• Like 1