Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I think elevator repair is a great career choice. Yeah I’m sure there will be some travel involved, but even 2-3 story buildings can have more than one elevator, and the all need inspected and repaired. Think of all the schools, government buildings, malls, parking garages, hospitals, small offices in addition to high rises. He could earn a good living, especially if he’s Union. You don’t have to live in Manhattan to work on elevators. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think elevator repair is a great career choice. Yeah I’m sure there will be some travel involved, but even 2-3 story buildings can have more than one elevator, and the all need inspected and repaired. Think of all the schools, government buildings, malls, parking garages, hospitals, small offices in addition to high rises. He could earn a good living, especially if he’s Union. You don’t have to live in Manhattan to work on elevators. 

Raleigh, the capital, is only about an hour and half from Greenville, NC.   Many elevators need help here! Lol.  Skyscrapers going up seemingly everyday. 😕

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Waves at @SunnyBeBe I can attest to this as I live in the area as well and used to live in Greenville for a while.  His territory probably includes the entire Triangle in addition to whatever is local to him.  And he needs to keep the union job because Evie is going to need more medical care as she grows. 

As long as Maddie is OK with him traveling frequently, they could live in a more rural area.  I have a cousin who admittedly has a job he can do mostly remote who lives in Montana and loves it.  He travels occasionally for work, but Caleb would need to do a lot more because you can't repair elevators remotely.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

That's a nice looking baby.  Is it just the light or is her little gown (not so much pink as it is) salmon colored?  Either way, I like it ...  I don't think I've seen that color used for baby clothes a lot.  It's making me think about one day, way down the road, far far in the future (when my offspring decides to breed) maybe using that color for a "grandchild's room" in my home.  It seems rather unisex to me.  

Congrats to Maddie and Caleb! 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kind of a peachy pink?  I like it, too.

The buttons?  Not so much.

Cute baby!

Josephine is a beautiful baby. All three of Maddie's kids are cutie pies. I wonder if she was named for Joseph Smith, though. (Although Caleb is not a Latter-day Saint, so that would seem weird.)

And yes, those buttons do need to go, although it looks like they've been well sewn on, or even been reinforced with extra thread, I would not trust it.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

And the name is spelled normally.  That's a nice change.

Poor Evangalyn, or however it's spelled!  I wish they had just named her Evelyn, that's so much easier.  They could have made her middle name a tribute to Janelle, instead.  Never mind "Kodi."

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Looking back on when my kids were small, I can't figure out how Maddie has time to not only take everyone's pictures, but caption them and post them to social media.  Maybe that generation just manages time differently.  Maybe I'm in get-off-my-lawn mode.  But I don't get how sharing that you have three kids that wake up early is newsworthy.  It's what kids do.

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Maddie posts with a combo of poor me and wow me.

I might have empathy for her if she just straight up said something like, today is one of those little sleep mom days, I hope *coffee can help me through it. 

*with absolutely no mention of Plexus

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

She CHOSE to have another baby all the while knowing that things like waking early will happen.  Please do not whine publicly about the absolutely expected happening.  She isn't nearly as cute and interesting as she thinks she is.

And yes I'm grumpy today.  

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Then put the baby down and get your ass moving Maddie. Zillions of folks start their days at 5am.

Mine started at 4:30 am for years, and I had a 2-year old.

Maddie:  you are posting about the mundane and boring life you seem to lead.  Nobody wants to hear the obvious twaddle about what a drag it is to get up and dill with your kids.  

• Like 11
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

She CHOSE to have another baby all the while knowing that things like waking early will happen.  Please do not whine publicly about the absolutely expected happening.  She isn't nearly as cute and interesting as she thinks she is.

And yes I'm grumpy today.  

Agreed. However, I remember a scene from when Evie was an infant and they brought her to Flagstaff. Iirc, Maddie said she was done having kids but Caleb wanted at least 2 more. I'm sure she's happy but this may also not have been entirely her choice, particularly given their fundamentalist Christianity.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I'm sure she's happy but this may also not have been entirely her choice, particularly given their fundamentalist Christianity.

Do we know what denomination they are now?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Do we know what denomination they are now?

She did a Q&A that I’m thinking was more than a year ago. When asked this question, she said they are Christian and attend a small Bible-based church.

• Useful 6

I did not realize that they made dolls with prosthetic limbs.  What a good idea.  They even have Barbie and Ken dolls, and even a Barbie in a wheel chair.  In just a quick search I only saw prosthetic legs, no arms.  But maybe there are and I just didn't see them.  I only checked quickly on Amazon.

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, General Days said:

It really is. I don't see Logan so much, but I do see Hunter. Looking back at the picture of Sheryl, I think Logan might favor her.

I remember going back to the early seasons when the Browns went to wYoming and a cousin ran up to greet Logan.  They looked a LOT alike. Brother alike.  I think Logan favors Kody's side.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, General Days said:

It really is. I don't see Logan so much, but I do see Hunter. Looking back at the picture of Sheryl, I think Logan might favor her.

I always thought Logan favors Kody's brother, Michael.

• Useful 2

You chose to have three kids. You are in no way unique. 

Some of us keep the same hours because of elderly parents who need care around the clock. We didn't have a chance to choose it, that's life.  So just STFU.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Funny we don't hear Mykelti complaining about how tired she is while managing. 3 under 3 plus 2 MLMs.

Mind you she does say she has help from Tony, who is probably glued to his keyboard all day.

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

What does Tony do?  He used to be a banker.  I don't think you can greet customers with that do!  

So many mysterious on this show!

What the nanny does. 🤣

• LOL 8