Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: First Time Again

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Season 6 is here everybody! Oct 11th heralds the returns of the 6th season of The Walking Dead, and here is your episode discussion thread for your posting pleasure.

This season's threads will operate as last season - a speculation/live chat thread open up until the entire episode airs, then the actual episode thread will be open and available for discussion.

Here is a quick link to the first episode thread --->  S06.E01: First Time Again - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

All of the same rules as last season apply - DO NOT post any comic spoilers. We have a separate comic thread for that. Also, as always, be respectful and civil in your posts.

Enjoy the new season of Walking Dead awesomeness!

• Love 1

Wow, great premiere! I hated the black and white flashbacks, but great episode. The plan was going so well for so long. I just know that the Wolves have been watching them and are blowing the horn to sabotage their plan. Damn them!

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 16

That was boring.  The black and white a poor attempt to be artsy.  The whole episode was basically just zombie herding.  Why have a 90 minute episode when only 5 are interesting?  I think this episode is some how worse than the one where Andrea runs away for an hour.  The only good thing about this episode was that Heath ended up being pretty cute.

• Love 5

I liked it. The back and white flashbacks got tiresome, but I still liked it overall. Shit is really gonna hit the fan in the next episode. Good!

So, since when is Tara so important to Maggie? Is my memory that bad or did they pull that out of their asses? Made me go "mmmm".

• Love 9

"This is the horn my father left me." Ron's final note to the Alexandrians.

That was an awesome premiere! Hate the awful timing of Rick being the only witness to Carter's lone wolf ploy ending with a face bite, as that is so contrived! But, otherwise, all the character moments were well handled, and the action was cool!

• Love 17

That was boring.  The black and white a poor attempt to be artsy.  The whole episode was basically just zombie herding.  Why have a 90 minute episode when only 5 are interesting?  I think this episode is some how worse than the one where Andrea runs away for an hour.  The only good thing about this episode was that Heath ended up being pretty cute.

I think they knew it would be boring to show it all in chronological order because it would take too long to get to the actual zombies, so they changed it. The black and white was to differentiate past from present, but to me it did get to be annoying.

Still liked the episode enough, though.

• Love 5

I kept imagining old timey piano music in the Instagram hipster filter flashbacks, but good episode overall. I kind of want a mini-soap opera about the protein bar, preferably with musical interludes and elaborate dance sequences. If that's wrong...I don't want to be right.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 12

I stayed up till 10:30 for that?  No one but Carter (who wore a red shirt the whole show I think) said anything about what Rick did to Pete?  And let's throw Ron and Sam's dad out in the woods to rot.  It was a freaking accident.  Pete didn't mean to kill what's his name.  Where was Aaron?    The only purpose for this 90 mins was to show lots of zombies. 

• Love 7

I was bored, kept switching back and forth between this and football.

I'm glad the Wolves blew the horn to screw up Rick's master plan.  At this point, I really don't much care who gets eaten.  

I hope this doesn't come down to Rick vs. Morgan with Rick "winning."  I'm sick of him now.

• Love 9

I kind of want a mini-soap opera about the protein bar. If that's wrong...I don't want to be right.

Loved that whole exchange; Morgan being casual about his crazy time.  I liked the little character bits they dropped in - Tara/Maggie, Morgan/Carol, Abraham/Sasha, Daryl not quite being on board with Rick's plan.

I love me some Rick but he needs to be challenged. 

Really liked this opening; it was a setup for the inevitable something-going-wrong, but it was a good setup. 

Oh and we had HUMOR!!  Yay!  Yes, people would still make jokes in ZA.  You would really need to.

*shiny object interlude* - Michonne DID take a protein bar they're saying on TTD?  I thought it was a bag of chips, maybe both?  They have a "Morgan's Protein Bar" on TTD LOL.

Edited by raven
  • Love 9

So their big plan was to lead the herd 20 miles away and what? Just leave them there? I didn't need 90 minutes of that.

Since they are a herd the plan was to lead them away and they would've kept walking away from them.

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 7

I'm actually glad their plan went askew. At least we know they'll actually need to thin that massive herd. I do not get why they don't ever go on the offensive and get rid of the Walkers. One less Walker means one less eating someone alive.

I actually liked the flashbacks. A lot of things were resolved quickly. And they said a lot of ridiculous things too. The hair game was strong tonight.

Loved the mini family of Glenn, Maggie, and Tara.

Whose all living in Rick's house now? Michionne, Carl, Judith, Rick, and now Morgan. Is Carol there?

• Love 7

So this is original flavor TWD showing FTWD what a real zombie horde looks like...

I'm annoyed that Noah-killer Nicholas is still alive. I'm afraid Glenn (& Maggie & Tara) will regret letting him off so easy in the future. The guy just acts shifty all the time. Does Glenn really have time for a pet redemption project?

• Love 14
So, since when is Tara so important to Maggie? Is my memory that bad or did they pull that out of their asses? Made me go "mmmm".

I think Tara has been pretty important to both her and Glenn since Tara helped reunite them. They haven't shown much of it, likely due to the size of the cast, so it's hard to feel it. But I get it.

• Love 14

I think Tara has been pretty important to both her and Glenn since Tara helped reunite them. They haven't shown much of it, likely due to the size of the cast, so it's hard to feel it. But I get it.

I remember Tara and Glenn being close, it was Tara and Maggie which surprised me, but maybe my memory is just terrible. lol.

I laughed for a few solid minutes when Gabriel tried to volunteer for the mission and Rick was basically like "Nope!  Ain't going to happen!  Sit your ass back down, asshole!"  I am so with Rick on that.

I will keep my Fear bashing to a minimum, so I will just say that it's kind of funny that I'm more interested in this new Heath character, compared to almost everyone on that other show.  Granted, a lot of that could be because he was played the same guy who played Dr. Dre in Straight Out of Compton this summer.

Totally knew Carter was a goner.  Bummed that they didn't find a way to get a brief scene with him and Sasha, because Ethan Embry and Sonequa Martin-Green worked together on Once Upon A Time years ago.  

Speaking of Sonequa, glad she finally got bumped up to the credits, along with Lennie James!  Yay, Lennie!  I love Morgan and everything about him.  Can't wait to see what he brings to the group.  I'm already liking his interactions with characters like Michonne and Carol.

Wasn't a fan of the black & white effects for all the flashbacks.

I'm guessing it's the Wolves who fucked up their entire plan.

Nicholas is either going to redeem himself; probably by sacrificing himself to save the others; or Glenn is really, really going to regret giving him another chance.

Annoyed that they had Maggie stay back, but I'm guessing she'll be more involved in the next episode.

• Love 8
I remember Tara and Glenn being close, it was Tara and Maggie which surprised me, but maybe my memory is just terrible. lol.

I think there was a brief moment in the church last season. But yea, like I said, I don't think they showed it a lot - it just makes sense to me. Maggie loves Glenn so she's close with the person who helped bring him to her.

• Love 4

I stayed up till 10:30 for that?  No one but Carter (who wore a red shirt the whole show I think) said anything about what Rick did to Pete?  And let's throw Ron and Sam's dad out in the woods to rot.  It was a freaking accident.  Pete didn't mean to kill what's his name.  Where was Aaron?    The only purpose for this 90 mins was to show lots of zombies. 

He came with Michonne's sword. He was coming to do damage to someone.

• Love 18

Overall, it worked for me, but I'm left so annoyed at how perfectly inconvenient the horn noise was. Are the Wolves (or other culprit) not only spying on Alexandria but also psychic?

• Love 2

I get that because of filming the seasons a year a part they have to use another baby the play Judith but couldn't they find another blond baby. Maybe it was because of the black and white but baby Judy definitely looked brunette and I swear she was blond before.

Also, when did Maggie and Tara get so close? Maggie was acting like they were BFFs and I barely remember them interacting last season.

I thought it was pretty cold to take whats his face's body out to the woods. The guy was a dick but he had two sons that loved him so what's the harm in burying him with everyone else. Morgan was right, they are all killers.

Overall, decent episode but I didn't really care for the black and white stuff. I just kept waiting for them to get back to the action happening in color.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 6
I think it's because she's pregnant.

Same here. She said something to Glenn like, "That's not the ONLY reason" (why she needed to stay back). Or he said it. Definitely getting that vibe.

I get that because of filming the seasons a year a part they have to use another baby the play Judith but couldn't they find another blond baby. Maybe it was because of the black and white but baby Judy definitely looked brunette and I swear she was blond before.

No, she definitely looked way darker. I'm pretty sure they used two sets of twins last season, and both her blondish. I know your hair can darken as you age, but not in one day! LOL  My thought was - "Well, she's definitely Shane's".

• Love 17