Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: First Time Again - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Season 6 is here everybody! Oct 11th heralds the returns of the 6th season of The Walking Dead, and here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread foir the first episode, for your posting pleasure.

This season's threads will operate as last season - a speculation/live chat thread open up until the entire episode airs, then the actual episode thread will be open and available for discussion.

Here is a quick link to the first episode thread --->  S06.E01: First Time Again

Also, the episode is 90 minutes long, so bear that in mind when settings our DVR's to record! This thread will close shortly after 10:30 pm, at which time the actual episode thread will open.

All of the same rules as last season apply - DO NOT post any comic spoilers. We have a separate comic thread for that. Also, as always, be respectful and civil in your posts.

Enjoy the new season of Walking Dead awesomeness!

• Love 1

Okay, first and foremost, I think we need to go into this season understanding that the series has evolved.

And, while the characters themselves still think that Romero was the guy who played The Joker on Adam West's Batman,
the writers themselves are at least five years more genre-hip than when the series began.

And even at the beginning, they respected the hell out out of ZA-horror's fundamentals.

The "not knowing zombie rules" thing? That's NOTLD 101! 

They may not always play a trope in the direction that we expect, but they do know the fundamentals of traditional horror!

And that makes me think, based on the episode title...

that this is going to be the beginning of the story arc in which Eugene meets his grandfather's boss' grandson.

• Love 2

Wild predictions: Grist for the rumour mill.

1. Glen has become a leader in the group. Carol is the one who makes the hard decisions. Daryl, Abraham and Michonne are the muscle. Let's see the producers take a chance and kill off Rick by the mid-season finale.

2. Daryl has always been sullen. He has shown zero interest in Beth or Carol who have both shown interest in him. He gravitated immediately to Aaron. Take another chance. Daryl is a closeted gay man. He has spent his whole life hiding the fact from Merle and his father. Now he's found a place where he can be comfortable with himself.

3. For my third prediction, I will state that I will face the ire of every "Mrs. Daryl Dixon" on the site.

• Love 5

2. Daryl has always been sullen. He has shown zero interest in Beth or Carol who have both shown interest in him. He gravitated immediately to Aaron. Take another chance. Daryl is a closeted gay man. He has spent his whole life hiding the fact from Merle and his father. Now he's found a place where he can be comfortable with himself.

3. For my third prediction, I will state that I will face the ire of every "Mrs. Daryl Dixon" on the site.

Frank Darabont and Norman Reedus would not be part of the lynch mob chasing you: http://www.gq.com/story/norman-reedus

• Love 2

Hi everyone! I have to check out during hiatus(es? hiati?) for my own personal sanity (I already chronically overthink everything I consume, so it's not a good idea to keep obsessing over it even when it's not on...), but I look forward to following season 6 with you guys, I had a lot of fun last season.

So, not really a speculation but a confident prediction: whatever happens in the season premiere, I'll enjoy discussing it with you! :)

• Love 3

My last use of the duration calculator (for now):

From and including: Sunday, March 29, 2015
To and including: Sunday, October 11, 2015
Result: 197 days

It is 197 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 6 months, 13 days including the end date

Alternative time units

197 days can be converted to one of these units:

• 17,020,800 seconds
• 283,680 minutes
• 4728 hours
• 197 days
• 28 weeks and 1 day
• An eternity

Okay, I added that last one...

• Love 2

Uh...the premiere is a 90-minute episode. Why in the world close this thread before the episode ends?

They might not be aware of the extend episode time. I didn't even know until you mentioned it. Hopefully they'll catch it and leave the thread open unail 9:30

Damn! Yeah, you're right! "They" (that's me) didn't see that until just setting up my DVR a few minutes ago. This one is 1.5 hours. The times have been updated to reflect the episode run length.

Oh, and PLEASE PM me for things like this, in case I miss something that needs to be fixed! Cause it happens and that gives me a good heads up/gets my ever wandering attention! Much appreciated!

I want to watch this live, but the Toronto Blue Jays are playing (losing?) game 3 of the postseason and I am being forced to watch. Ugh.

Everyone enjoy the live chat and episode discussion!

• Love 8

Oh, and PLEASE PM me for things like this, in case I miss something that needs to be fixed! Cause it happens and that gives me a good heads up/gets my ever wandering attention! Much appreciated!

Will do.

• Love 1

1. Glen has become a leader in the group. Carol is the one who makes the hard decisions. Daryl, Abraham and Michonne are the muscle. Let's see the producers take a chance and kill off Rick by the mid-season finale.

Honestly, I wouldn't be bummed if Rick got killed because I think he's turned into an asshole.  In addition to Glen becoming the leader, I'd like to see Morgan as backup, or even the leader because I think he's a bit tougher than Glen. 

• Love 2

I'm watching the season 5 finale and whatever microscopic speck of respect I had for Carol disintegrated when she tried to turn Rick against Michonne.  She pulled that same shit when she tried to turn Daryl against Rick.  Bitch.

I like the character of Carol for what she is, but I also think that she is the outsider in the group. She is one who is most like Shane and that is never a compliment coming from me.

• Love 2

I don't think not being interested in Beth or Carol means Daryl's gay.  It just means he didn't want to fuck Beth and doesn't want to fuck Carol.

I like the character of Carol for what she is, but I also think that she is the outsider in the group. She is one who is most like Shane and that is never a compliment coming from me.

At least Shane had a reason for what he did.  Carol just likes to play power games.

I can appreciate Carol and Shane for who they are/were. I like the sense of moral ambiguity and willingness to call people out when they need it. Carol's approach, however, is wearing a bit thin. I'm not digging the threat to tie a child to a tree and let the walkers come.

I'm dying of antici...

...pation.

Say it! Oh, damn. You beat me to it.

• Love 2

ugh, I don't like the way the show handled the whole Pete story.  He hadn't really been established as a threat IMO; just an asshole.  He killed Deanna's husband but it was a drunken accident.  I don't like the guy & definitely didn't want any scenes of him beating Jessie, but what a classic "show don't tell" story that was.

NEXT!!!

Edited by raven
  • Love 1

ugh, I don't like the way the show handled the whole Pete story.  He hadn't really been established as a threat IMO; just an asshole.  He killed Deanna's husband but it was a drunken accident.  I don't like the guy & definitely didn't want any scenes of him beating Jessie, but what a classic "show don't tell" story that was.

NEXT!!!

Absolutely.

NEXT!!!

A drunken accident would be letting his scalpel slip. The sword was premeditation.

• Love 5