Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E10: The Girl Who Became Bootyful

I assumed that she's a model extra. I guess she needed some pocket change and free snacks.

I can't think of any other reasons for someone to subject him/herself to this dreck.

Some poor girl that was just checking the couch cushions in the club for spare change.  Now she is stuck in some Tyra video.

A true cautionary tale.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 6

Some poor girl that was just checking the couch cushions in the club for spare change.  Now she is stuck in some Tyra video.

A true cautionary tale.

Ha! Tyra accosts her "Wanna be on top in my video? We got craft services!"

• Love 1

Hi to all ,,new to this forum but not new to reality shows

JMO - Lacey seemed to be the star?

I like her and Nyle....

Contrary to most I think Mikey is/can be a working high fashion model.Lots of the guys Tyra picks are too muscular or too short

I see Nyle like swimwear= fitness model

Tyra does say male models are often accessories....Mikey looks like he could be the guy hugging a gal in a perfume ad IMHO

He also has more of a clothes hanger body IMHO (I don't think he will win, Nyle or Lacey will I think) but I do think that realistically he is more of a real model than most of her Hampsters . Jerk - yeah....but realistically more likely to get hired

ly in Tyra's mind does the booty touche mean success

I can imagine Mame and Haddassah on runway....I see Lacey more as tv or commercial- i think she is so nice and many will want to cast her

In some pics Devon is striking -great cheekbones - but so odd looking and acting lol,

Hey it was good to see handsome Don doing well and looking great....I thought Tyra jinxed him with the white white hair (another of her odd ideas haha)

Tyra goes mlm ---yikes

• Love 4

"Girl, we have all the free mini pizza bagels that $40 can buy, and I'll pay you in certified Ty Bank$igns!"

When Tyra explained the concept behind her makeup line and how it's going to be sold, I immediately thought of Mary Kay Cosmetics. Is she not aware that this company still exists? Hell, they are one of Project Runway's sponsors.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3

When Tyra explained the concept behind her makeup line and how it's going to be sold, I immediately thought of Mary Kay Cosmetics. Is she not aware that this company still exists? Hell, they are one of Project Runway's sponsors.

Yeah, but does Mary Kay have "Beautytainer?"  No -- they just have a full line of cosmetics and likea  50+ year headstart on Tyra.  Doesn't Avon still sell cosmetics too?  I mean, you know what I'm always thinking "how can I be more entertained right now" when I'm buying makeup at Sephora.  It's really the one thing that is missing from the world of cosmetics.

And by the bye, what the hell is a beautytainer?  How much entertainment do I need when I'm buying makeup and what exactly is this entertainment going to be?  Is someone going to perform a scene from "Death of a Salesman" while I'm trying on makeup?  Do a magic show?

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 9

Yeah, but does Mary Kay have "Beautytainer?"  No -- they just have a full line of cosmetics and like a  50+ year headstart on Tyra.  Doesn't Avon still sell cosmetics too?  I mean, you know what I'm always thinking "how can I be more entertained right now" when I'm buying makeup at Sephora.  It's really the one thing that is missing from the world of cosmetics.

And by the bye, what the hell is a beautytainer?  How much entertainment do I need when I'm buying makeup and what exactly is this entertainment going to be?  Is someone going to perform a scene from "Death of a Salesman" while I'm trying on makeup?  Do a magic show?

You have a point. I don't believe Mary Kay or Avon uses "beautytainers." Whenever I hear that word, I want to insert an 'r' right after that second 't.' I don't know. I think Tyra's hit upon a new approach: providing entertainment when trying to sell someone cheap cosmetics. I think "Death of a Salesman" might be a little too highbrow for Tyra and Co.

Aside from "Pot Ledom," I think one of my favorite Ty-Ty moments is when she did the acting teach with the modeltestants. I can't remember if that was Cycle 7 or later.

• Love 1

You have a point. I don't believe Mary Kay or Avon uses "beautytainers." Whenever I hear that word, I want to insert an 'r' right after that second 't.' I don't know. I think Tyra's hit upon a new approach: providing entertainment when trying to sell someone cheap cosmetics. I think "Death of a Salesman" might be a little too highbrow for Tyra and Co.

Aside from "Pot Ledom," I think one of my favorite Ty-Ty moments is when she did the acting teach with the modeltestants. I can't remember if that was Cycle 7 or later.

I dropped this show for many years, but when I started to read some of the forums it sounded like fun again, so I probably missed that.

I just can't envision what "beautytainment" even looks like. Tyra was vague about it, and it doesn't make any sense to me.  Normally shopping for makeup and trying it on, being taught how to apply it and using it is entertainment enough.  

If anyone knows what the heck "beautytainment" is going to involve please tell me, because that concept is so strange to me.  And I couldn't seem to find it anywhere in the dictionary.

• Love 1

Tyra didn't sing, she gave a 2 second photo of the singer she was lip syncing. Which, HAHAHAHA.

Dustin seemed like  a normal person stuck in a reality show.

Mame seems like a real character who might have fit into an earlier season.

Mike is incredibly unappealing to me in every way. If I had to kiss him I'd be grossed out too.

Devin? Can dance.  Respect.

• Love 4

Devin? Can dance.  Respect.

Yaaaaaas!   I hate that Tyra kept him over Justin but boyfriend worked the shit out of that hallway sequence!    I've done a complete 180 on him...hated him the first few episodes but actually have a soft spot for him now---especially when he's being real and vulnerable.  Can't believe I also don't hate Hadassah anymore either.

• Love 5

...Aside from "Pot Ledom,"...

Pot Ledom...  You know, for as a million percent ridiculous as that was, I adored Allison's song/video. Could watch it over and over, and I wish it was a full length video

This episode? I fast forwarded through the video (or whatever that was) because I couldn't physically make myself watch. I'd have sprained a muscle wincing/cringing so hard.

• Love 2

Yaaaaaas!   I hate that Tyra kept him over Justin but boyfriend worked the shit out of that hallway sequence!    I've done a complete 180 on him...hated him the first few episodes but actually have a soft spot for him now---especially when he's being real and vulnerable.  Can't believe I also don't hate Hadassah anymore either.

I was beginning to ease off Hadassah a bit, before she launched into her irrational hatred of Dustin mode. She needs to spend less time focused on what others are doing. And this applies to most of them.

• Love 3

You have a point. I don't believe Mary Kay or Avon uses "beautytainers." Whenever I hear that word, I want to insert an 'r' right after that second 't.'

While I want to add a 't' after the 'n'…

• Love 6

I think Tyra's beautytainers (that hurt to type) are hosting make-up sales parties ala Tupperware or Scentsy or those jewelry sales parties. They always have little games and give-aways and whatnot. They are also awful. I dread when one of my co-workers invites me to one, because the pressure to attend and buy is so high. 

As for the models, I'm team Nyle and team Lacey. They're the only ones that seem to actually be focused on modeling. I loved Mame at first, but the bullshit arguments and the lovey dovey stuff with Justin put me off. Justin should have stayed, btw, but Devon did very well in the music video. Tyra must have had an inkling that would be the case. I didn't agree with Mikey's FCO and I don't understand how Nyle scored below some of the others when he defied expectations by not only staying on beat, but using ASL to his advantage.

• Love 3

Ok, UOs...

1) I don't like Mikey's persona but he has an amazing bone structure that translates to great pictures; plus he has attitude, which works very well too; so I love his pictures and cannot wait to see where he heads to after this (I hope his recent change of behaviour means he's geting serious about modeling, and not that he'll be out next). For me he has the most fascinating face of all the male models left, and I want to see more of his pictures. Admitedly, he's liked by Tyra, because she could have seriouslty damaged his image by giving him a short hair cut, and I love that she didn't because I like his look a lot. [i have to admit I thought his hallway piece in the video was a bit ape-like, but  he rocked the door opening and he looks good in pictures. [OT: to those who see his hair as lice friency, lice DO thrive on nice, clean, shiny hair, oily makes it tough for them to hang on to).

Devin had the kind of face that Mapplethorpe would have loved to photograph, guy is nothing to write home about in real life but his features really come through in pictures, probably because they're still and he has that interesting (ugly/photograph well) face.You cannot see it when he's in motion, so in his future I see either artsy/fashion pictures, or nothing. Me, as a photographer, I would love to get my camera on him or Mickey :-) 

Nyle has bored me since the beginning but I found him good this week. I thought the singing task was going to be his downfall, but his performance signing in the hallway was the best I've seen of him so far. Maybe he needs to be in motion for me to really like him! 

I love Hadassah and want her to go far. And so do TPTB because they could totally have chosen that picture where the dress was a disaster (I thought they were going to). Btw, since when is looking ladylike a problem for a model!?  

Mame looks good and all and had an excellent hallway perfoermance, she may well win the whole shebang but for some reason she bugs.

As for Lacey , I still think her hair style is not helping her much and I find her vanilla bland. She could be a good model, but nothing more. She might win this season as so many predicted but unless she grows a lot I don't see her moving to the really lucrative contrats.

(Edited to correct some of the many typos)

Edited by NutMeg
  • Love 3

Tyra must have learned about setting up pyramid schemes during her glorious enrollment at HARVARD!!!

Those pyramid schemes formed the basis of her Master's thesis.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

Has there ever been an eliminated contestant in any reality show contest who came back to win it all?  I don't remember any but if anyone else can recall one let me know.  Otherwise, I think it's just a waste of time.

Someone was allowed back on Face Off and won the entire season.  Of course, Face Off is quite a different show in that it is "no drama".  I love watching a show where everyone's primary concern is the contestants' ability to do what they signed up for.

• Love 5

Tyra must have learned about setting up pyramid schemes during her glorious enrollment at HARVARD!!!

Didn't you know?

She was so very wonderful that the Harvard business school administrators deemed her to be a genius!! Thereby, granting special dispensation for her NINE-WEEKS business course to be cause for her classification as a 'Hahvurd' graduate.

Umm, did Tyra Banks just announce her plan to start a pyramid scheme....I mean, direct sales makeup brand? Just no, no, no

This is exactly what I came here to post, and I just can't muster the energy to give this show another thought. So, bye.

• Love 1

littlewonder, on 10 Oct 2015 - 6:11 PM, said:

Who was the blonde girl in the video? So confused.

- That was so odd. I think that there were a couple of extras who weren't even model material (and that's saying a lot, considering this bunch).

still hoping

JMO - Lacey seemed to be the star?

I like her and Nyle....

Contrary to most I think Mikey is/can be a working high fashion model.Lots of the guys Tyra picks are too muscular or too short

I see Nyle like swimwear= fitness model

Tyra does say male models are often accessories....Mikey looks like he could be the guy hugging a gal in a perfume ad IMHO

He also has more of a clothes hanger body IMHO (I don't think he will win, Nyle or Lacey will I think) but I do think that realistically he is more of a real model than most of her Hampsters . Jerk - yeah....but realistically more likely to get hired

ly in Tyra's mind does the booty touche mean success

I can imagine Mame and Haddassah on runway....I see Lacey more as tv or commercial- i think she is so nice and many will want to cast her

Mame has a gorgeous face and could do editorial....and runway, but she has some fairly large legs. I never noticed it until the last episode. Haddasah needs to remove the implants if she wants to get on a catwalk. As for Mikey, I agree with you about his body (high fashion does not want big muscles), but his face is just too bland. There are a million and one guys walking around with that look (if you want to call it a look).

I have no words for the awfulness of that "Bootyful" music video.

I agree that Devin was kept around so he can star as the flamboyant makeup artist in the music video. And boy, did he deliver! Boyfriend busted out all the right moves in the hallway scene and looked beat with full makeup at panel. I see redemption arc and a possible (probable) win.

Nice to see Don back and looking hot.

Nyle can be my bartender anytime. Like many others, I am getting on the next plane to LA. :-)

Miss J looked fierce in that short blond Tyra weave on the runway. Work it girl!

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

"Project Runway" has had more than a couple challenges to promote Heidi's businesses (e.g., sportswear; lingerie). "Celebrity Apprentice" has promoted both Melania's jewelry and Ivanka's clothing/shoes. So I wouldn't expect businesswoman Tyra to be shy.

Yes to more "Nyle exiting a pool" moments!

• Love 2

I think that whichever model it was saying that she was excited to be able to help "empower women to buy makeup" was pretty much the greatest moment of reality TV ever. If I hadn't been trying to stay quiet because my husband was doing homework, I probably would have laughed so hard I'd fall off the couch.

Much as it pains me to say it, Mikey was pretty badass in that hallway. It was perfectly suited for his brand of whatever. I still find him utterly repulsive, though, and from the looks of things, so does Hadassah. I really don't know where they were getting the idea that she was too into it from, though. That is not what kissing looks like when both participants are into it. And Mikey's comments about it after the fact? Threw up in my mouth a little. Gross. And based on that preview of next week, I may need to have a barf bag handy when I watch that one.

Poor Dustin. What a sad crash and burn. I feel like the eliminated contestant thing, if you feel like you need to do it because you might have accidentally eliminated someone good, is an indication that your judging system is flawed. If I'm not mistaken, this show only started with the comeback stuff when they switched to the "scientific" scores based entirely on the current week's performance, and with no leeway — score says you go, then you go. Yes, I realize that there's plenty of manipulation of that that can and does happen, but I still feel like models have been more often eliminated because of one sucky week, where before they might have been placed in the bottom to scare them straight, so to speak, but still deliberately kept on because of the strength of their previous work. And with that kind of system, you're less likely to boot someone who really should have stayed just because they took one bad photo, and thus feel the need to bring someone back. But I may be putting too much thought into this and assuming that the judges are putting more into it than they are, too.

• Love 2

Can we seriously just end this season and declare Nyle the winner that dude is freaking awesome! Too bad his challenge score was low cause I think he would have placed higher during the elimination. Haddasah should have been eliminated over Dustin and Devin definitely should have gone home home over Justin I am still bitter about that. 

• Love 1

Okay, NOW I really want someone to perform Death of a Damn Salesman while applying and selling me makeup. Make this happen!!

I wasn't going to watch this, but Belljar wasn't on it, so I thought I'd come back and give it a whirl.  I haven't watched in a few weeks, so here's my opinion after a few weeks of sanity.

Lacey has faded a bit. I still think she's beautiful, but she's not the breakout star I thought she was around the time I stopped watching. And far be it from me to criticize anyone's appearance, but as this is a MODELING competition: Lacey's legs look really short and stumpy. Nyle still brings the gorgeous, but boring. What happened to Justin? I can't believe Dustin came BACK and Justin went home. Dustin is adorable, but hello, 18 and looks 15. So not interesting to me at all.

Mame is the most modelesque but last I saw of her, her personality was a deal breaker for me. Hadassah is still bland to me and I see she's more worried about Dustin than her own performance. DUSTIN!! Ha.

Actually, they all did pretty well down that hallway EXCEPT for Hadassah.

Tyra is still crazier than bat shit.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 4

I love how they made all the hamsters crouch in the pool while awaiting their challenge scores.

And by "love" I mean "burst out laughing at the idiocy of it all".

Edited by Qoass
  • Love 6

I'm not sure why, but I got this odd vibe that Mikey may be getting some sort of "redemption" arc ... between the FCO (and he did rock the hallway like a runway), it seemed like they went out of their way to imply that he's starting to take things more seriously. He is not my type (though he might have been when I was 18), but he does photograph well and have that look that could appeal to a lot of women in ads that specialize in grunge and hair and getting naked.

Admittedly, this is the first year in as long as I can remember that I have not snuck a peek (or read voraciously for that matter) any spoilers (on ANY of my reality shows ... it was sort of my Rosh Hashanah New Year's resolution!) so of course my saying this probably means he'll be cut this Friday. But it could also mean that he's in it for the long haul as we watch him transform from the skeevy sex maniac to the Great! Model! (who also likes threesomes, I guess). 

Moar Nyle, plez.

I looked at the picture that accompanies the recap to Switched at Birth and recognized Nyle's beard immediately. I can count on my fingers the number of previous cycle's hamsters that I recognize instantly and still have a few fingers left over: Adrienne, Alison, Analeigh, Elise, Eva the Diva, and Whitney. Being somewhat iconic doesn't guarantee a win, though, obviously.

I'm glad they bounced Justin to bring Dustin back just to have Dustin crash and burn this week. Justin might have actually done a decent job and it would have saved us from hearing Mame tearily dedicate her performance to Justin. Ugh.

What annoys me about the ousting of Dustin is that when you look a the actual 'video' there were tons and tons of GOOD shots of Dustin; Tyra and the powers-that-be selected the worst ones so they can give him the boot.

Personally Justin never did anything for me - looks or personality wise so I don't think it was any great loss he was sent packing.  Honestly, I don't think anyone in this group is particularly model-y looking, and some are not even all that attractive.

Sigh, this show has fallen so far.

• Love 1
Honestly, I don't think anyone in this group is particularly model-y looking, and some are not even all that attractive.

But that's the thing, there are many very successful models that are not conventionally attractive but that just photography very well. I think if anything really still interests me on this show, it's how sometimes you get a very average looking (or worse) person who makes gorgeous pictures. And until I see it I would have hard a hard time believing it. On the other hand, some very good looking people look read bland to me on pictures.

YMMV, etc. 

• Love 2

But that's the thing, there are many very successful models that are not conventionally attractive but that just photography very well. I think if anything really still interests me on this show, it's how sometimes you get a very average looking (or worse) person who makes gorgeous pictures. And until I see it I would have hard a hard time believing it. On the other hand, some very good looking people look read bland to me on pictures.

YMMV, etc. 

There was a girl who was on this show a long, long time ago.  Her name was Shandi, or Shaudi, or something along those lines (she was in the Shake 'ya Body video) and she was the first girl that was just not even remotely conventionally attractive on the show.  But she took great pictures.  Courtney kinda reminds me of her.  Shandi had that same low self esteem because she wasn't really a "pretty girl" but when she got a little confidence she was really able to make beautiful pictures.  

Oh well, it was due to be cancelled, don't blame CW. The show just wasn't the same as it use to be. I guess aspiring models have to be a model the old fashion way.

I guess the network is tired of her Tyra-isms. She probably used her isms on a CW Executive and they were like WTF??

Executive: Tyra, we're cancelling your show.

Tyra: Please, I need this show. I can have a beautytainer come here and give you a lifetime supply of my beauty line, and you'll know how to booty tooch, smize, and have no neck monsters. 

Executive: What the hell are you talking about? Ratings have gone down, you cheapened the show, cosmetic companies don't want to be part of your show anymore, you're picking regular people off the streets.

Tyra: I can't afford studios and photographers, I just have my lame ass photographer Asla. I can't have an aspiring model that will probably be bigger than me. I'm Tyra Banks, queen of the ET Five Finger Forehead, nobody can be that.

Executive: I'm sorry.

Tyra: Fine, but you're gonna regret this. My isms are gonna go viral. Everyone on the planet will be saying my words and you're gonna look pretty stupid for cancelling my show. TyTyBye.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

I don't see an ANTM in the Media thread, so I'll post this here.

America's Next Top Model Cancelled.

Wow, that is shocking, this show is a juggernaut.  I had no idea the ratings were slipping, what other reality show could be so popular with teens?  Maybe she is going to bring it to MTV or something.  I guess that explains the exotic Vegas vacation.  I like how Tyra's tweet makes it sound like it was all her idea to cancel the show.  Girl, bye.

• Love 1

Tyra: Please, I need this show. I can have a beautytainer come here and give you a lifetime supply of my beauty line, and you'll know how to booty tooch, smize, and have no neck monsters. 

Executive: What the hell are you talking about? Ratings have gone down, you cheapened the show, cosmetic companies don't want to be part of your show anymore, you're picking regular people off the streets.

Tyra: I can't afford studios and photographers, I just have my lame ass photographer Asla. I can't have an aspiring model that will probably be bigger than me. I'm Tyra Banks, queen of the ET Five Finger Forehead, nobody can be that.

Executive: I'm sorry.

Tyra: Fine, but you're gonna regret this. My isms are gonna go viral. Everyone on the planet will be saying my words and you're gonna look pretty stupid for cancelling my show. TyTyBye.

I give it about 5 years until Tyra is running the streets jibbering in her own made up language.

She will either be hailed as a genius or she will be committed to a mental institution.  Either way...it shall be glorious.

Edited by RCharter

Didn't you know?

She was so very wonderful that the Harvard business school administrators deemed her to be a genius!! Thereby, granting special dispensation for her NINE-WEEKS business course to be cause for her classification as a 'Hahvurd' graduate.

hahahaha--I used to work at Harvard. Not the B school, but another grad school across the river. We used to call anyone who attended an Executive program an alum. 6 week program for managers? Alum. 12 weeks for military? Alum. 10 weeks for city officials? Alum. Great for fundraising! So I can't really harsh on Tyra for that, Harvard does it on purpose. I bet Tyra donates like a boss, and will get a chair in Beautytainment endowed before she's done.

• Love 2

Wow, that is shocking, this show is a juggernaut.  I had no idea the ratings were slipping, what other reality show could be so popular with teens? Maybe she is going to bring it to MTV or something.  I guess that explains the exotic Vegas vacation.  I like how Tyra's tweet makes it sound like it was all her idea to cancel the show.  Girl, bye.

If that actually happened, I wonder what the production budget would look like.

• Love 2

hahahaha--I used to work at Harvard. Not the B school, but another grad school across the river. We used to call anyone who attended an Executive program an alum. 6 week program for managers? Alum. 12 weeks for military? Alum. 10 weeks for city officials? Alum. Great for fundraising! So I can't really harsh on Tyra for that, Harvard does it on purpose. I bet Tyra donates like a boss, and will get a chair in Beautytainment endowed before she's done.

Yes, I can see how offering 'them' such a designation would massage egos, thereby opening wallets and purses.

I hope that you don't mind me asking, how do the actual Diploma Graduates feel about this practice?

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

If that actually happened, I wonder what the production budget would look like.

$500 and all the free bagels Tyra can put in her purse.  Catfish has to be one of their biggest show and it always looks like Max and Neve are flying coach, and sleeping in the same room at the local Best Western.  

Of course, the two of them sleeping in the same room may not be for budget issues....

Edited by RCharter