Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E10: The Girl Who Became Bootyful

They call them certificate programs and everyone knows that those are the cash cows. Everyone knows the difference between a certificate and a degree, and everyone comes to alumni weekend and good fellowship abounds. The school really can't NOT call them graduates, if you think about it, or kind of second rank, skim milk alums. Not only would it suck for fundraising, but it wouldn't sell the programs very well, either.

• Love 3

They call them certificate programs and everyone knows that those are the cash cows. Everyone knows the difference between a certificate and a degree, and everyone comes to alumni weekend and good fellowship abounds. The school really can't NOT call them graduates, if you think about it, or kind of second rank, skim milk alums. Not only would it suck for fundraising, but it wouldn't sell the programs very well, either.

Given the relative snobbery (and I say this in kindness) of ivy league grads I'm sure they have found a way to differentiate themselves from the extension school/certificate students on resumes/for employers....whatever.

I mean, if you were an employer wanting to pay top dollar for a Harvard grad I'm sure you would find a way to figure out if they came from Harvard proper or the extension school.  Perhaps the length of time the student was at Harvard would be most telling....

• Love 1

Of course. On a resume it would be listed as a certificate, not a degree. I worked in the registrar's office and we verified degrees all the time. only degrees. If anyone called to verify a certificate we'd refer them to the proper program. I don't think there is any confusion pertaining to the bona fides of degree vs. certificate holders. But they are all alums, just the same. The Extension school, like every other school at Harvard, has its own records office. Anyone seeking to verify an academic record could do so very easily, and anyone who misrepresented him- or herself would be very quickly unmasked. There wouldn't be any danger of confusion on the part of an employer unless they were really not paying attention.

• Love 3

Thank you.

Of course. On a resume it would be listed as a certificate, not a degree. I worked in the registrar's office and we verified degrees all the time. only degrees. If anyone called to verify a certificate we'd refer them to the proper program. I don't think there is any confusion pertaining to the bona fides of degree vs. certificate holders. But they are all alums, just the same. The Extension school, like every other school at Harvard, has its own records office. Anyone seeking to verify an academic record could do so very easily, and anyone who misrepresented him- or herself would be very quickly unmasked. There wouldn't be any danger of confusion on the part of an employer unless they were really not paying attention.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so maybe the sound on my TV was out of sync, but it seemed to me that no one who was lip-syncing in the video was even remotely close to mouthing the actual words.  Nyle came the closest, and Tyra was the worst.  It was like they were lip-syncing to a different song.

• Love 3

Wow, that is shocking, this show is a juggernaut.  I had no idea the ratings were slipping, what other reality show could be so popular with teens?

I imagine the CW is looking at it's current line up, which is overall much stronger than it's previous years, and dropping it's most dead weight. And really ANTM is it's most dead of weight given that CW is obviously hungry to rebrand itself from the teen show network to the action/adventure sci-fi/fantasy network.

Though i'm surprised they never tried a all male season, since the CW's rebranding includes being the hunky shirtless guy network.

Edited by snakenax
  • Love 1