Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm surprised that Nina didn't really inquire about the obvious animosity that was present between the two men.  I suspect we'll get many more Franco/Curtis scenes that are filled with vagueness.  Curtis knows Franco as Robert.  Curtis said Franco is always planning an escape and that old habits die hard.  It all seemed very personal, especially to Curtis.

Please let Curtis's recognition of Franco's gross sketchiness be an indication that  he is going to show his true colors and the Franco Murder Mystery is coming!

#DeadFranco2016 

I don't think we will ever be that lucky.

If Valerie's bangs were any longer she'd be Sia.

Robin and Patrick's love scene was sweet.  I liked that they played it as being somewhat tentative, especially on KMc's part.  They haven't been together in a long time.  And they've had, what, two months together in the last four years?  It was a rediscovery, for both characters.

I like Brandon / Johnny and wish he could stay.  He's not dead in the eyes like almost every other male character in his age range.

The pool scene with Jason and Sam was chock full of soap tropes.  Which is fine with me.  I like most soap staples (except for the one where someone spends an entire episode trying to get one sentence out.)

Curtis is quite nice to look at and it seems he's being set up with Jordan.  Maybe she'll actually get an actual story now and come off the back burner.

This is my last remaining soap so I'm still hanging in.  They don't make it easy though, what with Sonny and Carly and the rest of the Corinthi being PC's go to for family scenes.  I miss my Quartermaines, Scorpios and Spencers. But yeah, I'm going to be here until the bitter end.  Stupid show.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 8

To be fair on Nik/Jax thing:  Maxie found out first and went to Robin with it.

And if I recall, Robin's face was this hilarious "fuck my life, why do I always have to find out about Carly's shit?"

Frankly, my thinking is that Carly needs to stop deciding she gets to decide who is worthy to raise children. And that whole scheme was so beneath Jax. It's also what got him roped into Carly's World which is a god damned travesty. Robin should have jumped in sooner. (Of course, Jax being involved with Sonny's sister at all... I can't.)

• Love 11

Yeah, Robin was not happy about being pulled back into another paternity lie with Carly. She was torn about telling the truth about John/Spencer because of the Cassadine connection and the fact that it would hurt Jax to lose the boy.

Nik: So your problem with Robin is that she told the truth when a lie would have been convenient for you.

Even though I think it was definitely too rushed, I love that Patrick and Robin proposed to each other and are getting married again.

Michael and Kristina do have some great chemistry - I thought they were going to kiss today.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3

I'm surprised that Nina didn't really inquire about the obvious animosity that was present between the two men.  I suspect we'll get many more Franco/Curtis scenes that are filled with vagueness.  Curtis knows Franco as Robert.  Curtis said Franco is always planning an escape and that old habits die hard.  It all seemed very personal, especially to Curtis.

Hot black cop joins the PCPD hoping to put Franco behind bars? I'm in.

• Love 6

Here's where I'm going to say again that RoHo hasn't been playing The Franco. There haven't even been any reenacted fuzzy Jason/Franco memories. I think the Network is making Frank and The New Writers undo RoHo as Franco and other stuff Ron did. That's probably a big reason why we never hear about Sonny murdering AJ anymore.

But he did that. Sonny murdered AJ. And Roger Howarth played James Franco. And James Franco and Steve Burton were twins. Eat that, Show.

• Love 3

Carly needs her living room rug vacuumed. They must have just finished removing the Christmas tree. And I couldn't stop giggling when Sonny was rubbing his leg with a puzzled but happy expression. Am not convinced it was his LEG that was responding to Carly's New Year kisses. Did St. Jason's earlier papal visit and blessing on chez Corinthos start the healing miracle?

I hope Patrick remembered to change the sheets between sexing Sam and Robin. Boy hardy, he scarcely skipped a beat between them. Maybe the good Doc thinks that women are all the same in the dark.

Dillon is like a stray dog that's got to sniff any female that crosses its path. Is he going to bed Val so he can describe the experience to  jealous Lulu, so she can expand her repertoire and pick up tips to impress Dante? BTW, her long hair and extensions are making Lulu more and more reminiscent of Cousin It on the Munsters.

Dillon offered to drive Val home after both were drinking. She put her beer down, but he apparently left with an open container in hand? The sequence was a little fuzzy there. Obviously, Val was using him to the hilt to get Dante's attention. After all, it's a holiday coming up, which stirs up their libidos in some kinky way.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
I'm surprised that Nina didn't really inquire about the obvious animosity that was present between the two men.

Nina is an idiot with the social skills of a toddler. I really wish they'd start writing her as catching up with the world. I'm fine with Maxie helping her at Crimson—Maxie has done that a lot longer and has actual experience—but otherwise Nina is acting as if she went into a coma at 8 instead of her early twenties. Ugh.

• Love 11

I give the writers credit for restraint that Dante didn't say, "Yay! Patriots  didn't win! They suck!" during the college football game.

I'm surprised Sonny didn't credit his leg spasm to the college football game on ESPN.

And we should be so lucky they didn't litter "college football game playoffs on New Years Day on ESPN" reference during the Robert/Anna/Jerry standoff. Come to think of it, we never saw how Robert & Anna took down Jerry from escaping, so I suspect those lines were lost:

"Au revoir, Scorpios! I'm off to watch the college football  playoff!"

"The only place you'll be watching ESPN is from a cell in a maximum security prison cell, Jacks!"

*shots ring out*

"I'm hit! Now I'll never see who goes on to the championship game on ESPN!"

• Love 8

Why is Johnny on the run again?

He escaped from a 20 year sentence for shooting out Anthony's tires that caused the accident that killed Star's baby and baby daddy, then killed Anthony.  

How come Ava isn't in jail for killing Kate?   Doesn't everyone know that she did it and wasn't she a fugitive for a while (and she didn't get the asinine Governor's pardon Sonny got)?   Ugh, why do I even care at this point.  Half the town's population is a known murderer at this point.   

Congrats, Show!   You have rendered yourself completely fucking pointless because murder is now a big "eh" moment on GH.    

• Love 4

I loved Sam buttoning up Kristina's jacket.  LOL....

Me too. That was really cute.

"The college football stuff was all so embarrassing, but in a kinda cute way."

Nothing cute about the over-the-top schilling for ESPN, which is also owned by Disney.

Well it indeed was kinda cute to me. I've just never been a person who despises that kinda thing like so many others do. I think it's hilarious.

How come Ava isn't in jail for killing Kate?   Doesn't everyone know that she did it and wasn't she a fugitive for a while (and she didn't get the asinine Governor's pardon Sonny got)? 

Something about the recording going 'missing' or whatever. I forget who has it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Something about the recording going 'missing' or whatever. I forget who has it.

Doesn't Paul have the recording? Didn't he have it stolen? I thought he was blackmailing her and then they started having disgusting sex because reasons and now Ava is jealous and probably going to cry about it.

• Love 3

I give the writers credit for restraint that Dante didn't say, "Yay! Patriots  didn't win! They suck!" during the college football game.

I'm surprised Sonny didn't credit his leg spasm to the college football game on ESPN.

And we should be so lucky they didn't litter "college football game playoffs on New Years Day on ESPN" reference during the Robert/Anna/Jerry standoff. Come to think of it, we never saw how Robert & Anna took down Jerry from escaping, so I suspect those lines were lost:

"Au revoir, Scorpios! I'm off to watch the college football  playoff!"

"The only place you'll be watching ESPN is from a cell in a maximum security prison cell, Jacks!"

*shots ring out*

"I'm hit! Now I'll never see who goes on to the championship game on ESPN!"

Everything about that was cringe worthy hilarious! Deadspin did an article about how they talked. I work for ESPN so I know they filmed it way before the match ups came out, therefore it had to be so generic, made it that much worse. 

I was waiting for that "Let's watch the Championship game on ESPN," and yet all we got was Sam's, "Oh ESPN was Jason's favorite network." Since when?

Oh the cross promotion never ceases to amaze.

And Happy New Year all!

• Love 4

Wait, Jason "grew" to love Football? Since when? He's not the kind of man who can sit still for 3 minutes (unless it was with Robin) to relax (I still remember that Halloween when Robin got that pixie cut and she lay over him on the couch to cuddle, it was soooo cute and adorbs), let alone 3+ hours.

Unless he developed this obsession during the years I was on the barge?

• Love 4

Robin and Patrick's love scene was sweet. I liked that they played it as being somewhat tentative, especially on KMc's part. They haven't been together in a long time. And they've had, what, two months together in the last four years? It was a rediscovery, for both characters.

Exactly how I saw it. It was a love scene, not a sex scene. And, yes, there's a difference. It was showing the touching, his hands under her shirt, the feeling, the pausing and looking at each other. It was the slow music in the background. It was to show the love between the characters. I honestly ended up really, really liking how it was shot and done.

• Love 2

Can't wait for women's heart health month when Campbell's tomato soup was "always Jason's favorite comfort meal."

Sonny: I love these new towels that Graciela bought from K-Mart from the Sophia Vergara Collection.

Dante: I can't wait for the next nd episode of Sofia Vergara's show, Modern Family.

Valerie: yeah, Wednesdays at 9 / 8 central. That was my mom's favorite hour of fhe week.

Carry: Speaking of Sophia Vergara, have you all seen the new Rooms 2 Go Cindy Crawford Collection couches I put in the MetroCourt?

• Love 10

Oh ESPN was Jason's favorite network." Since when?

Yeah-- that was really lame. 

They are trying to humanize the Borg- because blinking stone cold (blech) killer isn't in Billy Miller's wheelhouse. So now he can make jokes about Titanic and was a huge college football fan. Whatever, show.

On the previews where Liz asks for Jason's help- what are the odds Daddy's Lil' Psycho Jake has done something horrible. (or is Cam setting fires yet again?)

• Love 3

On the previews where Liz asks for Jason's help- what are the odds Daddy's Lil' Psycho Jake has done something horrible. (or is Cam setting fires yet again?)

I hope Jake doused Jar-Jar Bitch in gasoline and then handed Cam a pack of matches.

• Love 5

Sonny: I love these new towels that Graciela bought from K-Mart from the Sophia Vergara Collection.

Dante: I can't wait for the next nd episode of Sofia Vergara's show, Modern Family.

Valerie: yeah, Wednesdays at 9 / 8 central. That was my mom's favorite hour of fhe week.

Carry: Speaking of Sophia Vergara, have you all seen the new Rooms 2 Go Cindy Crawford Collection couches I put in the MetroCourt?

I remember one year they had Bobbie standing at the hospital hub talking about how she was "going over to Carly's tonight to watch the Academy Awards at 8PM on ABC."

• Love 2

I remember one year they had Bobbie standing at the hospital hub talking about how she was "going over to Carly's tonight to watch the Academy Awards at 8PM on ABC."

Carly and Courtney always watched the Academy Awards together...when Courtney wasn't starting at snow globes. 

• Love 5

Wait, Jason "grew" to love Football? Since when? He's not the kind of man who can sit still for 3 minutes (unless it was with Robin) to relax (I still remember that Halloween when Robin got that pixie cut and she lay over him on the couch to cuddle, it was soooo cute and adorbs), let alone 3+ hours.

Unless he developed this obsession during the years I was on the barge?

I thought Jason's favorite channel was the Gunshot To the Gut channel.

• Love 4

He escaped from a 20 year sentence for shooting out Anthony's tires that caused the accident that killed Star's baby and baby daddy, then killed Anthony.  

No, it's because he shot Julian. Colenhope were conveniently forgotten because of prospect park.

Yeah, Robin was not happy about being pulled back into another paternity lie with Carly. She was torn about telling the truth about John/Spencer because of the Cassadine connection and the fact that it would hurt Jax to lose the boy.

Nik: So your problem with Robin is that she told the truth when a lie would have been convenient for you.

Even though I think it was definitely too rushed, I love that Patrick and Robin proposed to each other and are getting married again.

Michael and Kristina do have some great chemistry - I thought they were going to kiss today.

This took me down a rabbit hole of watching Robin telling Nik that he was really Spencer's father, and I had totally forgotten how awful Carly was in that story, and how she was so delusional, and refused to take any responsibility for keeping Spencer from Nik. The show trying to portray Carly and Jax as the victims in that whole story was gross.

I was so happy when Robin finally told Carly that her lie caused all of this, and not Robin. Listening to Carly yell at Robin about how she destroyed Spencer and Michael's life by telling the truth, was just disgusting, especially because you knew that we were supposed to think Carly was in the right here.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 8

Random, but I was thinking of a Psych joke that now reminds me of GH (thanks to Dandesun) and I think it can be added to the t-shirt collection:

GH: I'd rather shower with a bear.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Love 6
On the previews where Liz asks for Jason's help- what are the odds Daddy's Lil' Psycho Jake has done something horrible.

My guess is that while Liz was staring at a picture of Jason, Jake wandered out into the street and got run over again.

The one I remember is Max taking Diane to dinner at Kelly's and pulling a jar of Prego out of his jacket pocket and asking the waitress to put that on the pasta.

• Love 5

Finally watched yesterday's episode. CD has more chemistry with Lexi than any pairing they've tried putting him with. Making everyone related to Sonny was and is fucking stupid.

I'm happy Robin is free. There have been brief moments out of the few minutes of Scrubs scenes they filmed that are decent, overall it's been pathetically underwhelming. Thanks Frank and GH writers.

My girl is free and happy and I'm about to be free from this shitfest.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to everyone!

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 4

Doesn't Paul have the recording? Didn't he have it stolen? I thought he was blackmailing her and then they started having disgusting sex because reasons and now Ava is jealous and probably going to cry about it.

That makes sense and I vaguely recall it. LOL I barely remember what happened in yesterday's ep let alone months ago.

• Love 1

Jason did occasionally watch tv with Sam.

He used to watch her as she watched Gone With The Wind.

Yeah, they do/did have a tv.  It's just in a weird place in the penthouse, so you never really see it unless it is specifically used for something.  Jason and Sam played DVDs from Manny? on it way back when, and there were scenes where Ric and Danny were watching cartoons on it when Sam walked in.   So just because they weren't really shown to watch it, it really isn't beyond the realm of possibility that they did indeed watch stuff offscreen. 

And in 2011 Jason referenced staying home and watching football instead of going to the Q's for Thanksgiving, so the football thing wasn't completely out of nowhere.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! 

• Love 6

I love how we're debating whether Jason watching/liking football would be OOC or not. It shows how one dimensional characters have gotten. I mean, liking football is practically the only thing we know about Valerie, except that she has a dead mother and is passive-aggressive when it comes to men.

ETA: To finish the sentence. D'oh!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1