Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I have not much to say about today's ep.  'Twas boring.  Isn't February a sweeps month?  I want my money back, if all we're getting this sweeps is that fizzle of a "Bomb on the boat!" story and the reveal/non-reveal of Luke.

At least we weren't treated to A Very Special Valentine's starring Sonny and Carly.

Maxie continues to be a dunderhead.  And I do not want Spinelli/Maxie redux.  Can we not have forward movement and evolution on anything or anybody?

What was that Maxie (and someone else said) when Spinelli arrived?  I forget the words, but they have no meaning for me.

you know whose baby Olivia should had/should be having? Johnny's. I honestly always thought they would make Olivia pregnant again, before Ron got there (remember when Wolf teased us with her being pregnant with baby oragina?) It's unfortunate they only went there after Ava, Sabrina, Lulu, Maxie were pregnant/obsessed with babies etc.

• Love 4

I hope that Ellie was smart enough to dump Spin because she was tired of supporting his lazy ass. Maxie should have been paying child support. She could have worked at the Floating Rib to earn some money to support her daughter.

• Love 2
they probably only did this because LLC is pregnant.

"Probably"? Of course they only did this because LiLoC is pregnant. I'm sure Ron's beyond thrilled with this, because it means he doesn't have to come up with any stories for Olivia. It will be all about her stupid baby. And of course there will be WTD drama, because no woman on a Carlivati soap can ever know for sure who fathered her baby.

*goes into another rage blackout*

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Again, I'm going to need people to stop disparaging the 1960s "Batman" show.  That show was awesome and fun!

To be momentarily OT, we are working our way through the complete series on DVD and it is every bit as glorious as I remember. 1960s Batman ruined me for all the dark Batmen to come. I simply won't accept any Batman who doesn't commit punnage every other sentence.

• Love 4

"Probably"? Of course they only did this because LiLoC is pregnant. I'm sure Ron's beyond thrilled with this, because it means he doesn't have to come up with any stories for Olivia. It will be all about her stupid baby. And of course there will be WTD drama, because no woman on a Carlivati soap can ever know for sure who fathered her baby.

Ron won't have to strain himself at all because he'll probably

, the spoilers seem to indicate, borrow from the scripts from when Alexis was pregnant with Sonny's baby and Ned claimed it as his

OMG, KSt Zenon reference LOL from Brad and Maxie. 

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE that Olivia is pregnant. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE. I hope she miscarries. Sorry. So sick of these babies being birthed to these middle aged mobsters. WTF? It's also completely not realistic. Olivia is like 40 something and should have a harder time conceiving (as should Ava), and Sonny and Julian have older, slower, less capable sperm. UGH. I know, I know, soap biology, but still. URGHHH.

I really enjoyed Brad & Lucas and thought Lucas standing on top of the desk was sweet. I'm glad that Lucas not saying ILY back right away was because of fear and that Brad blindsided him a bit. That's totally realistic. And good on him for admitting that he's a laid back type of person and not into big ostentatious things.

A gripe though: Brad was pissing me off a bit. He was all, "Lucas should appreciate me and that I said ILY because look at all of the things I've done for him, blah, blah, blah, how ungrateful." Dude, STFU. Just because you tell someone you love them doesn't mean they HAVE to say it back right away. What if Lucas really didn't love you at this moment in time? You also asked him to move in at the same moment. Let him breathe. Also, he was sour as fuck until Lucas said it back and probably would have ruined the mood of their entire date had he not reciprocated. 

And Julian can have several seats with his, "if you want to drive Brad into another man's arms" bullshit. 

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 2

they probably only did this because LLC is pregnant.

I really do not understand this regime they did it with KSt too. Not to mention the fact both ladies were extremely prego in real life and then making them be on the show. It's such lazy writing and not even well timed which is almost amusing.

Yay for the Julian, Sam, and Lucas scenes.

Of course stupid Brad would be ridiculous enough to think Felix would want to hear about his relationship with Lucas.

I have no sympathy for Ned. Instead of exploring things with Olivia he wants to whine because Alexis would rather be with Julian, which he knew from the beginning. STFU and find some dignity.

I don't know why Ron couldn't bring Ellie back. There's already 453 characters on this show so what's one more. At least she actually likeable and isn't useless.

• Love 2

DIE SPINELLI DIE!!!

I don't know if I've ever told you all, but I hate that maggot with the fury of a billion fiery nuns. His mere presence on screen makes my blood boil. Why couldn't we have Ellie come back and reveal that Spinbitch had been eaten by a pack of hyenas?!?

Can we please keep Cristela & Melissa?

I loved the Jerome family interaction.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

Cojones made the episode. Best part, hands down. Though I loved the little bit of Jerome family bonding we saw.

Everything else? Meh. Don't care about any of the guest "stars" or what they had to say. And I'm super not excited about Olivia's pregnancy. Ditto Spinelli's arrival sans Ellie.

• Love 1

Previews...well, I can rest assured in the knowledge I will hate Kristen Alderson's last scenes.  I liked Todd and Starr too, but Kiki going to see Franco and them having some gooey scene is dumb fan service.

I'm kind of amused Ron didn't give one last scene between KA and CD, but also annoyed because no one gives a fuck about Frodd and fake Starr.*

*Okay, I know there are 5 of you.

Their special connection of course!

And I fully expect Ron to mine the whole scene with cutesy little references to Todd and Starr.  If I were PP, I'd have the lawyers watch.  Could be more to add to the suit.

• Love 4

I've seen Cristela only for a few minutes here and there before Shark Tank and she seemed annoying, but she wasn't at all annoying here.

Were the doctor, Olivia's friend and son all from the BabyDaddy show?

• Love 1
My dad worked on that show :D   He was an optical effects cameraman and did all the biffs, bams, and pows.  As well as all the other cheesy effects.

Don't be surprised if you get a direct message from a Nor Raclivati or a Tank Walentini asking you more about that technology.

I really do not understand this regime they did it with KSt too. Not to mention the fact both ladies were extremely prego in real life and then making them be on the show. It's such lazy writing and not even well timed which is almost amusing.

It's so silly when they do this because it's not like the actress can immediately stop hiding the pregnancy.  What's the difference between a woman who is 6 or 7 mos pregnant pretending to only be 3 months along vs. pretending to not be pregnant at all?  And then they go off and have the baby IRL and come back and have to wear padding for a month or two to finish out the fake pregnancy.

Two words:  large. purses.

Done and done.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5

actually they didn't . . . Maxie was pregnant before Kirsten. Maybe she told Ron they were trying? That would be weird though. 

And of course there will be WTD drama, because no woman on a Carlivati soap can ever know for sure who fathered her baby.

I'm pretty sure there's no chance it can be anyone else's. 

I imagine they keep Olivia around cause LLC like, looooooooooves it and would probably work there for skittles because she's a GH fangirl. I'm kinda surprised she was never killed off in the Guza days as emmy bait for MB and DZ.

A gripe though: Brad was pissing me off a bit.

Me too. Back off, Brad. Also no one made him sing at the NB. Embarrassing yes, but considering the acts, his was hardly the worst one.

I find it insane that even when the actress chose to leave and this short-lived, wildly unpopular role is being recast, we have to be subjected to super-special goodbye scenes between RH and Kristen Alderson playing two of the least popular characters on the entire show. How tone-deaf do you have to be? 90% of your audience does not give a fuck, and that is a conservative estimate. It's just fan service for the showrunners themselves.

• Love 16

Okay so I get that the ginormous doctor was the guy from Baby Daddy, but who were the others? What's Cristela? I've never even heard of it, never mind watched it. I didn't even know about Baby Daddy until I read that KeMo was guesting on it. Didn't watch then, and won't watch now. So I got nothing from the 'special ' guests other than they weren't horrible. But I swear if these fakakta writers dont' stop disparaging people from Bensonhurst,  I will scream. FFS, not every woman who lives in Brooklyn wears too-tight skirts, has a thick accent and acts like they're from the Sopranos. Give it a rest already.

• Love 1
Okay so I get that the ginormous doctor was the guy from Baby Daddy, but who were the others? What's Cristela? I've never even heard of it, never mind watched it.

Cristela is a comedy on ABC friday nights. I've never watched it myself, but I've seen commercials.

My aunt asked me about GH today.

Aunt: So did you watch the General Hospital lately*

Me: yeah.

Aunt: Oh. Did they kill anyone off?

Me: Not really.

Aunt: Why don't they kill Luke off?

Me: They can't just kill him off, aunt! He's a legend.

Aunt: yeah but he's an asshole!

My aunt gets straight to the heart of the matter.

*"the general hospital", not a typo.

• Love 24

ulkis, your aunt is awesome.

The baby daddy guy was nice to look at.

I loved everything CoJones. For me, they really did make the show I may have even let out a squee. would love follow thru but I know the pacing on this show is shit. Gotta get back to FauxLuke, Sonny /Carly and Jake.

I'm surprised and glad Ron didn't make the delay in Lucas' ILY some convuluted story Back story.

• Love 3

DIE SPINELLI DIE!!!

I don't know if I've ever told you all, but I hate that maggot with the fury of a billion fiery nuns. His mere presence on screen makes my blood boil. Why couldn't we have Ellie come back and reveal that Spinbitch had been eaten by a pack of hyenas?!?

My people!

I enjoyed this episode. I thought it was real cute.

• Love 1

Wow, Frank sprung for a lot of extras today.

But I swear if these fakakta writers dont' stop disparaging people from Bensonhurst,  I will scream. FFS, not every woman who lives in Brooklyn wears too-tight skirts, has a thick accent and acts like they're from the Sopranos. Give it a rest already.

I hated that Olivia and her friend squealed and jumped up and down like 13-year-olds. Ugh. More infantilizing of grown women.

You know the Baby Daddy dude is one-day only because he has chest hair. Hee. I wonder how long it took them to block the scene with him, Sam, and Patrick given how teeny KM is.

Harper Barash is getting a nice start to her college fund.

I'm not a fan of public grand gestures like Lucas's. It smacks of insecurity.

• Love 4

OMG what a horrible episode for me. I don't watch any other ABC shows so I had no clue who any of these guests were and didn't care. I thought I had wandered onto some alternate show. I will say I thought all four guests were good actors but they were useless and pointless to me. The only thing I liked was Harper Barash's Pebbles Flintstone 'do.

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 3

It certainly can (see Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's sofa). But I kinda liked Lucas' gesture today. I thought it was sweet :)

You know the Baby Daddy dude is one-day only because he has chest hair. Hee. I wonder how long it took them to block the scene with him, Sam, and Patrick given how teeny KM is.

Even in her towering pair of high heels she still barely hit the halfway mark on the guy.

I generally agree, especially on soaps, but I thought in this case it was a sweet gesture because Lucas made it very clear he isn't comfortable with making such grandstanding displays and he isn't that great at actually voicing his real feelings all the time.

But he wanted to show Brad that his love for him trumped his nerves and fears and usual hesitation and that when push came to shove he could step up and tell the world, or at least the hospital lobby, that he loved him.

I also thought Ryan sold Lucas' feelings in his scenes today. I'm glad that he and Brad are getting to move forward in their relationship, with the "ILYs" and moving in together.

At least with them I know there isn't any chance of a WTD storyline., not unless Ron really wants to push into "Passions" territory. .

• Love 3

I loved the Julian/Sam/Lucas scenes.   I was wondering if Sam even knew he was hurt.

Derek Theler is one gorgeous man.  I stopped watching Baby Daddy because of the obnoxious lead male character (thankfully we were spared his annoying mugging, and got Derek, the better option in 1000 different ways) but I did watch Kelly when she guest starred on their show.  Melissa Peterman was awful, and her accent was double awful.   Derek actually surprised me though, he did a pretty good job.  Kelly looks like a tiny doll next to him, I love it.

Everything else seemed pointless.  Harper is adorable, I am glad Spinelli is back (yes I said it).   Hmm...what else....Was it supposed to be ironic that Sam and Liv shared a scene for the first time in....ever?  since she is now carrying Sam's half sibling?

That song was obnoxious, and definitely played in spots where it was just awkward.

• Love 4

I hated that Olivia and her friend squealed and jumped up and down like 13-year-olds. Ugh. More infantilizing of grown women.

Absolutely nauseating.  Ron C. wouldn't know subtle if it hit in the head.  If only it WOULD hit him in the head, over and over and over again.  

I hate episodes like these, with the pointless guest stars and the heavy-handed writing.  Poor Wally Kurth, having to play a guy who is going back and forth between the Abbondonza Queen and Our Lady of the Cast Iron Bra.  I would have completely understood if he'd drowned himself in the gazpacho.  

It's a sad, sad day when I'm remembering Mrs. Potato Head's performance from yesterday as nuanced and interesting.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

I generally agree, especially on soaps, but I thought in this case it was a sweet gesture because Lucas made it very clear he isn't comfortable with making such grandstanding displays and he isn't that great at actually voicing his real feelings all the time.

But he wanted to show Brad that his love for him trumped his nerves and fears and usual hesitation and that when push came to shove he could step up and tell the world, or at least the hospital lobby, that he loved him.

I also thought Ryan sold Lucas' feelings in his scenes today. I'm glad that he and Brad are getting to move forward in their relationship, with the "ILYs" and moving in together.

ITA, with all of this. Ron could have done his normal fuck up job yet seems to have found some restraint.

Brad was worried because there hadn't been any follow up or proclamation from Lucas. I would be distressed too ,if I told someone ILY and asked them to move in without a response. Than valentine's falls two days later without plans or arrangements, ssshiiiit. Freak-out city here I come.

RyCa has played Lucas subdued so his response about not being comfortable with grand gestures actually seemed in character (I know with Ron, hell just froze). Lucas was concerned because he loves Brad yet didnt know how to go about expressing it.

Damn, I'm really into Brad/Lucas. PS and RyCa are decent actor and IMO have excellent chemistry. Let's see how MoRon screws them up.

I'm not a Spin or Spixie fan but it was nice to see the acting between the two characters.

• Love 1