Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

There used to be this website called madcaprecaps for GH recaps and I remember around the time Dante was shot by Sonny, in a recap of an episode where Sonny was berating Patrick for not telling him he knew Dante was his son, the recapper wrote, "I really think in Sonny's head what happened was Patrick and Olivia held Sonny back from saving Dante down while Jax shot him". I think that's what's happening now. Somehow in Sonny's psychotic brain he truly thinks what happened is that Julian was holding him back while Ava held his hand on the gun and made him shoot AJ.

Wasn't ghost Connie pimping Olivia last time?

Poor Jason. Already trapped back into Carly duty. lolololol at Carly saying Elizabeth held a torch for years and she still does. Not that that's not true but it's rich coming from her. Also, Carly doesn't know what her name will be when she gets married to Franco? It'll be Carly Franco, you moron!

Booyah? Shut up Nina. And why does MSt play her like she has a learning disability?

Madeline's freezing out of Franco was beautiful. 

• Love 3

Nina: BOOYAH!

Me:.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

I must correct you a wee bit, it was more like "BOO . . . . 

. . . 

. . . 

. . . 

ya-a-a?"

• Love 1

A few thoughts...

Shut up, Kiki

The Luke crap was crap, no sense of drama, poorly scripted, and the associate seemed weird, not drama storyline weird, but odd and offputting too much to be on TV

Ro and Michael were okay, Donna Mills not so.

Not sure about Nina and Franco today.

So Jason is in all storylines now?

Sonny is disgusting, and the dialogue is terrible. Guess we should be glad he didn't have ghost sex in there.

Shut up, Kiki

• Love 2

So I guess for the sake of my blood pressure I shouldn't watch the Connie and Sonny scenes?

If they had decided to bring Billy Miller on as a long lost son of AJ I might actually care about the character. As it is now, I have no desire to watch him, especially with all the little women of his fan club.

• Love 1

Wasn't ghost Connie pimping Olivia last time?

Poor Jason. Already trapped back into Carly duty. lolololol at Carly saying Elizabeth held a torch for years and she still does. Not that that's not true but it's rich coming from her.

When Connie said that Sonny has always loved Carly, it made we want to vomit. Sonny has a new love of his life every few months, please.

I thought it was weird that Carly said Liz "still does." He's DEAD, according to the world. Just....what!?

I did giggle that Jason didn't have little flashbacks of Carly like he did for Liz, however unrealistic I find that to be. I dislike Snarles that much.

Also, is ANYONE going to mention Sam!!?!?

• Love 2

LW looked like a giant compared to Billy Miller. Like, I can't ever see him as her boy on the side. Maybe her son's classmate. But not the dude she's banging that lives above the bar. But Billy Miller's wtf faces and um okay crazy lady faces were awesome. Like when your friend's mom is really drunk and you're like um this is awkward.

• Love 7

Shut up, Kiki,

She was super annoying today.  How about when she was all, "I can't handle talking about Sonny gutting you, Mommy!" and Ava was all, "I'm soooooo sorry my possibly being murdered is tough on you, bitch."

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

Hopefully no.

I don't care about Jason nor do I want Sam around him and his herem. I dread the contrived angst RC will throw out to try to make Jason/Sam/Liz/Carly/everything else interesting while thinking he's smart and creative.

Keep Sam contained in her bubble with Patrick looking down her shirt.

• Love 2

When Connie said that Sonny has always loved Carly, it made we want to vomit. Sonny has a new love of his life every few months, please.

I thought it was weird that Carly said Liz "still does." He's DEAD, according to the world. Just....what!?

I did giggle that Jason didn't have little flashbacks of Carly like he did for Liz, however unrealistic I find that to be. I dislike Snarles that much.

Carly likes to pretend that Sam meant nothing to Jason, or at least that she was 90% less important to him than Carly. So I'm not surprised she didn't mention Sam. IDK why Liz didn't mention Jason's wife and child while relating his life to a total stranger, but whatevs. I figure it's what someone else said, she's only telling nudude about Jason's life as it pertains to her.
  • Love 1

Didn't Carly like Sam a lot more than Liz. I feel like they are deliberately drawing out the Jason has a wife&child to Jake. 

Tbh I didn't watch today. I saw one look at Nina and went and got coffee. I could not do another day of Nina. 

So Sonny can moan and groan and stutter that it was ok for him to kill AJ because he thought AJ killed Connie and AJ made him do it anyway, that it's ok he's planning to kill Ava because she killed Connie, and that it's ok for him to kill Franco because Franco knows that he murdered AJ ... but no one says back to him that by his twisted reasoning, it would be ok for Michael, Monica, Kiki, etc. to murder him?  If just one person called him on his disgusting hypocrisy, this story wouldn't be quite so maddening.

Nina needs to DIAF.  I hate her character so very much.

• Love 6

I still love how Jakeson has had to listen to this "Jason" shit for the past week, and listen to 2 separate women sound like they were this dude's grieving widows.  I wonder what his reaction will be when he learns that this Jason guy had an ACTUAL widow.   "So wait, WHICH one is his wife?  Not the stage 4 clingy nurse, or the psychotic amazonian blonde that have both been waxing on about this dude??  A DIFFERENT woman?"

I am sure they are saving the Sam/Danny mentions/reveals til later to make them have more impact, but it's still silly that they haven't been brought up yet.

And Christ, Franco.  Poor dude, it must suck to be cheated on.  Bet it sucks even more to be murdered, raped in prison, or thought to have been raped and pregnant with your rapist's child...No you're right, being cheated on is the most EVIL thing that could happen to anyone, ever.

ETA your does not equal you're

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 14

So Carly managed to pull off in one hour what Liz has spent weeks doing: creating a highly inappropriate, intimate for no damn good reason, I can't quite put my finger on it stranger but I just "know" I like you and why do I get the feeling I can tell all to you and trust you to keep my inner most deep secrets, bull shit of a "connection" to a man with bad bed hair and brain damage in a wheelchair, how fucking fantastic.

Jason is gathering his "harem" back together again, I was just so worried things might have changed...GTFO Ron, this is such a shitty, stupid mess.

An entire episode of nothing but Ava and Kiki chitchatting with one another? I felt like I was trapped in hell. Holy mother of cheese fondue that was just terrible, and long and boring.

Sonny should have caught fire the instant he walked into the crypt. He is a filthy, vile, disgusting pig, everything he does is loathsome, selfish and evil. He's worthless, utterly worthless.

So...the Nina is too ridiculous for words. Michelle just goes too far with her, it's like she wants to one-up herself every single scene, more "jazz hands!" and triple repeating the same lines and big eyes wide, no wider!, and bigger creepy smiles and softer whispering like some deranged sex kitten, and "BOOOYYAHHH" and punching people and manic giggling dialed up to 29...it's just too much, she's too much and it's so very tiresome.

Oh Tracy...I can't even comment, it's too saddening what she's been reduced to.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 12

And Christ, Franco.  Poor dude, it must suck to be cheated on.  Bet it sucks even more to be murdered, raped in prison, or thought to have been raped and pregnant with your rapist's child...No your right, being cheated on is the most EVIL thing that could happen to anyone, ever.

But he had a TUMOR!

I loathe Sonny, but the people that hate him are not made to feel they are in the wrong because he has an illness that makes him do bad things. 

• Love 1

Thank Jasus I worked from home today because I needed a DRANK to get this episode.

Where to begin . . . From Sonny exclaiming that AJ led him to believe that he killed Kannie, to Kiki making Ava's impending demise all about her to, to Carly blathering on about Jason, to whatever the flying figgity fuck MSt was doing today . . . :takes another swig:

The only good things today were Ned ripping Jerry a new one, and Magdaline's blatant disdain for Freakco. Kannie's new hair was also good. I guess KSu finally realized she looked like shit as a bleach blonde.

Oh look, on Mon there's Sean manhandling another wimmins.

• Love 4

I loathe Sonny, but the people that hate him are not made to feel they are in the wrong because he has an illness that makes him do bad things. 

Didn't Carly and others toss out "He was off his meds!" when Sonny went all bipolar and spilled Morgan's Kiki secret?

• Love 3

can someone recap the last 10-15 minutes? We were treated to a 'breaking news' update on a crime that happened YESTERDAY. Because you know, it couldn't possibly have waited 10 more minutes until the 4 pm news. <Sarc>

• Love 1

Didn't Carly and others toss out "He was off his meds!" when Sonny went all bipolar and spilled Morgan's Kiki secret?

Yes, and the PCPD is supposed to feel sorry for putting Sonny in jail because of his claustrophobia.

• Love 6

His bipolar and claustrophobia has been used but I still find Franco's tumor excuse more intolerable.

I guess it is up to the individual. I despise them both but Sonny's ties and longevity on the canvas makes him more tolerable to me.

So Sonny can moan and groan and stutter that it was ok for him to kill AJ because he thought AJ killed Connie and AJ made him do it anyway, that it's ok he's planning to kill Ava because she killed Connie, and that it's ok for him to kill Franco because Franco knows that he murdered AJ ... but no one says back to him that by his twisted reasoning, it would be ok for Michael, Monica, Kiki, etc. to murder him?  If just one person called him on his disgusting hypocrisy, this story wouldn't be quite so maddening.

It is amazingly frustrating, isn't it? Sonny can kill whomever gets in his way but it is not just because he's evil and selfish? He is protecting Micheal or avenging Connie or protecting Carly? I need someone to say that Sonny is only trying to protect himself.

This is why I don't care if Franco spills the beans to Michael. He's the only one who will actually do it and I need it to get done. There is such potential for some good story -- even Emmy-worthy (I seem to remember that that is important to Ron right?) if he would only write it. It's perfect for sweeps and could lay the groundwork for future stories. Why can we as the audience see this but TPTB don't? The missed opportunities -- I think I will go to YouTube to find some old Y&R or All My Children to see some reveals that had long-term ramifications. I wasn't watching GH regularly back then.

Lastly, I, too, am glad that Connie visited the heavenly hair salon. I like her better as a brunette. 

• Love 8

Oh, I have to say, usually I hate Jerry, but this cracked me up

Tracy (over the phone): Jerry, are you still there?

Jerry: I'm here! I'm bored senseless, but I'm here.

Too bad stupid Guza killed Emily, because Emme Rylan would have made a better emily recast than a Lulu one. And then they could have taken advantage of the chemistry between her and Tyler Christopher.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

This!  All of Sonny's previous transgressions need to exposed not just his murdering AJ.  The government should come in and find and seize all of his assets.  All of Sonny's loyal thugs need to turn state's evidence (including Jason Morgan , who gets his memory back and is again Jason Quatermaine).  With no power, men or money Sonny has a public defender just out of a third rate law school.  He is convicted and sent to Pentonville and processed when he is greeted by Johnny Z, who is being process out.  This is especially humiliating for Sonny, as it is at that moment he is on the receiving end of a body cavity search. (picture Sonny naked bent over spreading his ass cheeks and a guard putting on gloves approaches him).  With no power or money the other inmates beat the crap out of him on a daily basis.  His cellmate  forms a "very special relationship" which he demonstrates on Sonny nightly.  After several months of constant physical and sexual abuse Sonny loses his mind and he is placed in a padded cell in the psych ward.  He can often be heard begging for Deke to let him out of the closet.  Someone videotapes Sonny and it is posted on YouTube, where it becomes the most viewed video in the sites history.

No one ever visits Sonny.  All of his children, including the girl child, need to disown him.  Morgan even takes the Quatermaine name and is adopted into their family.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 10

I can buy the off his meds excuse before I can buy a person can't go to prison because of claustrophobia or a brain tumor.

All in all though - they are all bullshit because the writers feel its a get out of jail free card to be used when they want their characters to do awful things without paying for them. Its convenient BS writing.

And using a brain tumor is just flat out insulting - along with magical DVDs.

No one ever visits Sonny.  All of his children, including the girl child, need to disown him.  Morgan even takes the Quatermaine name and is adopted into their family.

Nah, Morgan should keep his name. If he were ever to change his name, he could change it to Benson (Carly's maiden name). 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
If they had decided to bring Billy Miller on as a long lost son of AJ I might actually care about the character

I know if something makes sense Ron will kill it dead instantly, but it really just boggles the mind that he couldn't see Billy being that character instead of trying to force him to become an utterly unrecognizable Jason. 

He'd still be a Q, Monica could have been in the know about him and he could become her loyal grandson wanting to put his family back together, especially for his deceased father's sake and lord knows he'd had no ties to Sonny and would give a rat's ass about him and just want him to pay dearly for killing AJ, plus he'd still have plenty of reasons to be connected to the same usual suspects, surely Michael could use a big brother of Q standing to lean on when his world implodes, I might even bother to care some about him then, and best of all he'd be a new character that Billy could craft from scratch.

AJ had plenty of time to spread his oats in college, long before he ever fell into Carly's vagina. Of course having Sean around to still play AJ would have made such a reveal 10 times better, imo, but watching Billy try and pull off this "Jakson" character who looks younger than Rosalie...? *sighs* I need a drink.

• Love 2

I didn't really understand the point of the Jerry/Tracy stuff.  Tracy got him a few more shares than she already had given him, right?  Just Alice's?  And then Jerry's like, "Okay, well, close enough."?  And it's 99% likely that whatever they were gasping at is not Luke or Fluke.

Nah, Morgan should keep his name. If he were ever to change his name, he could change it to Benson (Carly's maiden name). 

If Morgan wanted to twist the knife, Morgan Jacks has a nice ring to it. ;)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

It's hard to want to catch up on the rest of the week's episodes when you know Kelly Sullivan's waiting for you at the end of the line.

lol. She's really pretty inoffensive today. And she dyed her hair and it looks much better. Of course I can't really say there was any incentive to watch today either. Not bad, but pretty filler.

I didn't really understand the point of the Jerry/Tracy stuff.  Tracy got him a few more shares than she already had given him, right?  Just Alice's?  And then Jerry's like, "Okay, well, close enough."?  And it's 99% likely that whatever they were gasping at is not Luke or Fluke.

I'm sure it makes as much sense as the plot where Duke kidnapped Robin but it was really Ewen the sheep farmer psychiatrist working for him who was really working for Jerry who was working for Duke who was really Faison who was working with Obrecht who needed Britt to get pregnant so she could make sure to keep Patrick because of um, Robin?

Did they put that shirt on Franco today to stop complaints about the gentle farmer flannel? No shirt should ever have pockets to emphasize man-boobs. (Not that Roger Howarth has them, but if he did, they would emphasize them.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I think the way RC is introducing BM to General Hospital as Jason Morgan is HORRIBLE.  I mean really?  EVERY character that meets him instantly has a moment of deja vu AND can't stop talking about Jason Morgan?  Really?  It would be one thing if these scenes played out slowly and organically, but RC is basically running the audience over with a cement truck.  What, he doesn't think we know it's really suppose to be Jason Morgan?  As a result, the scenes are falling flat for me.

BM is clearly not slipping into Jason Morgan's skin comfortably, which I knew was going to happen when I first heard he was cast.  It's not a comfortable fit.  The smiling, the joking was never Jason (not early Jason Morgan or in the later years).  So that alone is jarring to watch and get use to, but when you throw in how badly RC is trying to have every character "feel" like they know Jakeson, it takes me out of the moment.  I feel like FF at this point. '

Then there was too much Franco and Nina and their craziness today.  I have to say that I do like Madeline.  She is actually a character that should stick around because she would fit right in with the Quartermaines.  I can see her going toe to toe with Tracey.  Their scenes of mutual snobbery would be epic.  Nina and Franco are boring, and frankly, I'm not seeing the greatness of MS.  I think Kiki, Franco and Nina should go.  Madeline can stay.

• Love 6

I don't think he's that smiley and jokey - he seems pretty low key so far. That said, I agree that this is pretty much the most boring and snoozy way they could be introducing him. Maybe he's going to save everyone from Franco out of nowhere haha. It'll be like, "look that nice unassuming man is really SUPER JASON!!!!" 

• Love 2

Good to know that Heaven has a salon where you can get a new hair color.

Well, to be fair, we found out last year via Ghost!Georgie that Heaven also provides free nose piercings. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

How is Nina going to explain away her sudden baby? And Ava's lack of baby? 

The Luke crap was crap, no sense of drama, poorly scripted, and the associate seemed weird, not drama storyline weird, but odd and offputting too much to be on TV

I only caught the last 10-15 minutes of the episode and I thought Jerry's associate was a prostitute of some sort, and couldn't figure out why there was a pro at the Q mansion! 

Jax. If he changes it, it should be Jax. Although Jerry tarnishes it a bit.......still better than Corinthos! 

Were the Sonny Connie scenes in the Q crypt? Why not in his office or home writers? Please stop letting Sonny debase all things Quartermaine! 

• Love 5
How is Nina going to explain away her sudden baby? And Ava's lack of baby?

I guess now we know who's going to deliver Ava's baby. Nina will immediately take it away and make a run for it.

(Actually, I want to see that happen.)

Edited by dubbel zout

You all are right Morgan should be a Jax, and Jasper Jax needs to visit Sonny in prison to rub it in his face. 

Just my anal retentiveness surfacing, but it's "Jacks". :-) Jax was the nickname used by one Jasper Jacks. 

• Love 7

How nice would it be if they explained that Robin, instead of being re-re-rekidnapped in Paris, is off screen putting her life back together and Emma is with her as Robin and Patrick share custody. But god forbid Robin have a life that doesn't hang in the balance every other second and actually gets to spend time with her kid...

To make matters worse, Emma is being told, by her ass of a father, that her Mommy skipped off of her own will and on a whim, because she loves a dead Borg more than she loves them.

Edited by yowsah1

Sonny should have caught fire the instant he walked into the crypt. He is a filthy, vile, disgusting pig, everything he does is loathsome, selfish and evil. He's worthless, utterly worthless.

THIS.   I cannot stomach looking at the man.  I loathe him.

• Love 12

LW looked like a giant compared to Billy Miller. Like, I can't ever see him as her boy on the side. Maybe her son's classmate. But not the dude she's banging that lives above the bar.

She looks like a giant compared to everybody except Franco to me.  The stats all say she is only 5'6", but I swear she looks like 6'2" to me.  Either everybody is just really short on this show except Elizabeth, or the stats have to be wrong.  Billy Miller is 5' 11" and they say Sonny is 5'9", but I doubt that.  She must just be really tall on they film her upstage all the time.  

• Love 3

AJ was a curse to everyone?  Did that really come out of Sonny's mouth?

I cannot tolerate this character.  Talk about lacking any kind of self awareness.  

• Love 17

Hopefully no.

I don't care about Jason nor do I want Sam around him and his herem. I dread the contrived angst RC will throw out to try to make Jason/Sam/Liz/Carly/everything else interesting while thinking he's smart and creative.

Keep Sam contained in her bubble with Patrick looking down her shirt.

Ha. Trust me, I wasn't exactly asking the question as a JaSam fan. I just don't think the story works if Sam isn't an integral part of it. While Robin saved Jason for ALL of his loved ones, she was particularly passionate and emotional about Sam and Danny...and repeated that sentiment on multiple occasions. Her goal wasn't so Liz could straddle that ass. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 8

This ep was hard to take, but Jerry, Ned, and Madeline made it worth watching IMO. And the Michael/Rosalie scenes.

DM is kinda killing this material, IMO. I love her reactions to Nina and then today her Franco hate was just priceless.

Ned can stay forever. Tracy, on the other hand, can leave whenever. I mean, it saddens me to say that, but Tracy is just intolerable at this point. And I just feel so bad for JE every time Tracy is on screen. Put her out of her misery. And us out of our's.

• Love 5