Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

After the AJ reveal, when Michael's world comes crashing down around him, I hope that Dante is the one to help him pick up the pieces if RC remembers that they are brothers.

His Uncle Lucas would be a nice shoulder to lean on also, though they've barely said three words to each other since he got back into town. Ron must have had a pretty screwy childhood or something because his concept of "family" makes no sense to me. All these characters are connected and related and live within mere miles, if that, of each other and yet there might as well be an ocean between them all.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Ugh. When the psycho SERIAL KILLER'S wedding is all one has to look forward to, there is something seriously wrong.

Hey, some don't even look forward to THAT. This show is so fucked up. As I have said prior, when Carlivati makes me miss Guza, of all people, THAT is how I know this show has major issues.

• Love 1

Hey, some don't even look forward to THAT. This show is so fucked up. As I have said prior, when Carlivati makes me miss Guza, of all people, THAT is how I know this show has major issues.

It pains my soul to say this, but I agree. I don't recognize anything or anyone on-screen.

• Love 2

You showed tapes proving you didn't actually rape Sam.  And the whole blah de blah with Carter.  But hey, psycho asshole.  You still made her THINK she was raped for a YEAR and believe she was carrying her rapists child.  No, sorry, you are not off the hook.  POS.

Not to mention that what he did to her is still sexual assault. He drugged her, he got her naked, he took his clothes off, he climbed on top of her, he filmed all of it. It honestly does not matter one whit that he whispered to her that he wasn't going to rape her or hurt her or whatever he said. Everything he did was forced on her without her consent. If she had been awake, she would have been fighting him tooth and nail to keep him from getting anywhere near her.

Oh, his penis didn't penetrate her? That doesn't make everything else he did to her okay. It was still horrible and he did it to hurt her and torture her husband as well. None of that was for anyone's good but his own. So his (and Ron's) continual glossing over of it (not to mention the Michael stuff) is completely unacceptable.

That it's just par for the course for Ron, who thinks rape is a fucking joke and has never treated it with the seriousness it deserves... especially in this current climate when the concept of consent is constantly in the news... his treatment of it is on the same level of some of those god-awful Republican congressmen and their talk of 'legitimate rape' and shit like that. Franco sexually assaulted Sam. End of story. And the DVDs prove that.

• Love 17

Jason Morgan, no, but Jason Quartermaine?  RC, you bring back Jason Quartermaine and have the loathsome brain-damaged hitman be gone forever, and I will not say mean things about you for an entire week.  Maybe even a week and a half.

I can't see him as Jason Q either, in both incarnations SB had a broom stick up his butt the only difference was which side of morality the broom stick put him down on.

For once I'd actually like to to see Re-Ron appear and re-do the Todd/Victor thing, except this time Jackson/Jason turns out to be AJ.

Or even better what if the WSB, knowing Helena's plan all along, worked with Robin and Lucky and Jackson is Lucky, they switched out Jason M, (who either is or isn't dead I could care less) and now when the reveal comes Jackson-Lucky-Jason gets all the info on Helena as well as on Sonny and his organization and throw in Fluke as well. Then when Robert-Anna-Dante-Nathan and Lucky bring all the bad guys crashing down at once Lucky turns to Liz and says

"Damn even when I'm in disguise you'd rather fall for Jason then me? Should I have brought a Nicholas mask? You smut."  (and mind you I LIKE Liz)

I don't like RCs writing either, but ain't going to be mad if he erases St Jasus from the canvas forever.

It's kind of a catch-22 for me. I hate Jason, I don't think Jason is needed, etc, so I don't particularly care that BM is playing some character who is nothing like Jason, but at the same time it's just fucking irritating that RC is writing this shit so badly.

• Love 2

So his (and Ron's) continual glossing over of it [Franco's assault on Sam] (not to mention the Michael stuff) is completely unacceptable

Dandesun, you'd really think Ron would have learned his lesson after his frantically trying to dig Ford out of the hole he'd dropped him in on OLTL ("See, Ford didn't sexually take advantage of a mentally ill woman who thought she was a teenage virgin!  Instead, his actions provoked the emergence of her DID personality specifically designed to deal with sexual abuse and THAT's who he had sex with!  So, not gross!") went over like a lead balloon.  But alas.

And of course, I'm sure Tracy unknowingly sleeping with Fluke will be completely ignored.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Okay, I'm glad I'm not going crazy because I also noticed that "Jake's" wounds were suddenly a lot better after his leaving Franco's art room and arriving at the nurse's station. I was also too lazy to rewind and make sure so thanks for confirming that.

As for what everyone else has said about BM's portrayal of this new person, I couldn't agree more. It's not Jason. I'm not sure what the hell RC is thinking even doing it this way but I have come to realize that I will never understand anything he does or what he finds to be good because when RC thinks something is amazing! fun! and even more amazing! I usually think it's fucking terrible. 

• Love 2
I can't picture BM Jason being a hitman lol which is fine by me lol.

I'm wondering what job he'll be incredibly unqualified for that he can be given at GH so he can work around Liz constantly, in the same way the SERIAL KILLER gets to teach people how paint out their feels and such.

It's kind of a catch-22 for me. I hate Jason, I don't think Jason is needed, etc, so I don't particularly care that BM is playing some character who is nothing like Jason, but at the same time it's just fucking irritating that RC is writing this shit so badly.

That is pretty much where I am as well. I actually think Billy is being wasted on this failed experiment of making him Jason when there was no need to give him the role. His acting strengths, imo, make him the very last sort of actor I'd put in a role like Jason's, he looks far too young to play the part against the other actors, Maurice is old enough to be Billy's dad in real life and he looks every bit of it on screen, they're already having Michael speak as if Jason was a "big bro" to him and not the uncle/father he really was, and the pay off to all of this, I guess, is that Liz and Carly and Sam will get to battle royal over the "love of their collective lives" or some stupid shit, and maybe he'll give Monica a couple of hugs every now and then.

Billy could have been a Q, any Q but Jason and AJ because to me he looks young enough to be their sons. AJ doesn't need to be deaged, if he ever is brought back I want Sean in the role again, or at least someone over 40.

But hell, he could have been an aged recast for Dillion, I could buy that. Billy has the same humourous side in his scenes as Scott did, he could have been written in as a frustrated Dillion returned to town, perhaps even summoned by Ned, ready to figure out what the hell is going on with his mother, the Qs, ELQ and the rest of PC.

And of course, I'm sure Tracy unknowingly sleeping with Fluke will be completely ignored.

With all the lines he kept slipping in about how amazing in bed notLuke is I wouldn't be surprised if there's a quip about him needing to give the real Luke some pointers.

Ron has no business writing about sexual assault to me. He is too immature and ill equipped to actually pay the serious subject matter the respect it deserves, even on a soap.

• Love 5

But hell, he could have been an aged recast for Dillion, I could buy that. Billy has the same humourous side in his scenes as Scott did, he could have been written in as a frustrated Dillion returned to town, perhaps even summoned by Ned, ready to figure out what the hell is going on with his mother, the Qs, ELQ and the rest of PC.

This reminded me, I wonder if the show is planning on bringing back Brook Lynn.  They've been mentioning her a lot, Ned's a more regular fixture, and now her grandfather Lord Ashton's hanging around too.

This reminded me, I wonder if the show is planning on bringing back Brook Lynn.  They've been mentioning her a lot, Ned's a more regular fixture, and now her grandfather Lord Ashton's hanging around too.

I've been wondering that too, they've certainly been dropping her name fairly fast and furiously for the moment. Perhaps Ron is thinking she may be someone to toss into the ring against Nathan and Maxie or even Nik and Britt, but she really wouldn't have many male options in her age group outside of them. Unless he made up somebody else new, which he's certainly never shy about.

I've been wondering that too, they've certainly been dropping her name fairly fast and furiously for the moment. Perhaps Ron is thinking she may be someone to toss into the ring against Nathan and Maxie or even Nik and Britt, but she really wouldn't have many male options in her age group outside of them. Unless he made up somebody else new, which he's certainly never shy about.

She could make a play for Dante again, without the gross being paid for it by Carly angle.

I'm wondering what job he'll be incredibly unqualified for that he can be given at GH so he can work around Liz constantly, in the same way the SERIAL KILLER gets to teach people how paint out their feels and such.

Hey, maybe he can go work with Michael at ELQ, since Sad Panda Face is about as qualified to be a CEO.

Also, I looked it up because these are the kind of details I live for, and Billy Miller is thirty-five years old. Steve Burton is only nine years older, so I'm not sure I understand all this talk about how Miller's Jason looks so young. Maybe it's all the smiling?

• Love 1
And I love how Franco STILL glosses over the fact that he fucked over Sam and Mikey.

Franco has obviously taken a page from Sonny's book: "Why do people keeping harping on this stuff? I've explained it all to you countless times. GOD."

he same way the SERIAL KILLER gets to teach people how paint out their feels

In a very weird way, Franco working at GH kind of works for me, because it's about Olbrecht's obsession with Franco more than anything else. And at least Franco at GH means we get some hospital scenes.

Brook Lynn can stay away forever, AFAIC, unless she returns to battle Michael for ELQ.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

The Titanic line was complete cornpone, but I can't be too bothered over it. For several reasons: we don't know for absolutely certain this is REALLY Jason. If it is, I don't see the problem with re inventing the character. Truth that he would have never gone to see that movie, but it did come out early enough that perhaps Carly manipulated him into going-he wasn't quite Borg-y in 1997, not from what I can recall. So I can let that detail slip.

It's a phenom that some head injury victims can do things their "prior" selves don't recall learning, etc-so I can also fanwank him knowing a different language. It's also possible that JQ learned a bit at boarding school, maybe even had roomates from different countries and picked up their language.

No-my issue is, that every stinking version of Jason, including this one-is just SO boring to me.

Which is why I'm okay with "Lake". I call it containing the suck. Much easier to skip through two boring people paired together, than two separate sl's with those same people.

As far as Brooke, AL was wasted each time she was there, so unless they've got a great SL, yeah I'd rather she stay away. Would be nice though, to see the Ashtons together as a family unit-sort of.  I get the strangest feeling that Brooke and Larry would be BFF's.

About BM's youthful appearance-that can be fanwanked also due to the plastic surgery, I guess. In all that reconstruction, there must also be some nipping and tucking and tightening.

Hey, maybe he can go work with Michael at ELQ, since Sad Panda Face is about as qualified to be a CEO.

Also, I looked it up because these are the kind of details I live for, and Billy Miller is thirty-five years old. Steve Burton is only nine years older, so I'm not sure I understand all this talk about how Miller's Jason looks so young. Maybe it's all the smiling?

I mean, I think 9 years is a pretty big difference when taking on another role on tv that's been played by one man for decades, especially when it's a soap and the generations of characters are so close together and the dynamics between characters can be quickly changed if one character is recast with an actor who is significantly older or younger. Like Michael spouting the "he was like a big brother stuff" to me the other day. I think BM can still play the father figure to Michael, especially with CD looking so young, but imo they were clearly throwing that out that there just in case Michael and Jason looked much closer in age than they did before.

• Love 1

For me it isn't just about comparing Billy to Steve, it's also how he looks compared to the other actors like Maurice, Chad, Laura, Becky, even Kelly. He looks his age if not a little younger and it just doesn't make sense, at least to me, to see such a young actor supposedly playing a character who was closer to 50 then 30, surgery or not it just isn't the right fit.

She could make a play for Dante again, without the gross being paid for it by Carly angle.

That's true, depending on who they might cast in the role I wouldn't mind seeing the actor paired with a new actress and character, I've had my fill of Lulu for pretty much a lifetime at this point.

In a very weird way, Franco working at GH kind of works for me, because it's about Olbrecht's obsession with Franco more than anything else. And at least Franco at GH means we get some hospital scenes.

It'd work for me if it didn't involve Franco, and having Dr. O at GH still running things and being the ruling figure isn't any better really. The lunatics are running the asylum on this show.

they were clearly throwing that out that there just in case Michael and Jason looked much closer in age than they did before

I think they knew they had to throw that in there, just as now suddenly they're scrambling around trying to rearrange Ava's due date and the baby's conception date because someone didn't bother to Google just how long a pregnancy, in humans at least, is meant to last.

Lately it seems the writers are more concerned then ever, imho, at covering their own backsides as all this crap unfolds and so much of it seems illogical, unlikely and downright impossible at times.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

If Jake needs a job, I have no problem with him going to medical school during a commercial break.

I also have no problem with his personality not resembling Jason Q or Morgan, nor do I have a problem with his age, the Titanic reference, any of it.

Jake officially won me over when yesterday he said something about Carly being "nice" while making a fan that clearly communicated he was being sarcastic.

Lastly, bring on "Lake"!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

NuYoungJason doesn't bother me.  But then, BM is still a few years older than Steve Burton was when I last didn't fast-forward through one of his scenes, so perhaps I'd be more put off if I'd actually had the displeasure of watching Jason on-screen age over the last decade.

• Love 2

Meh. I'll take Larry Ashton over almost any other 80's/90's returnee thus far. At least HN can act, and manage to be entertaining. Larry also has family and a purpose, just as much as any other vet. The fact that he wasn't used much the first time around is the fault of the old regime. He's got just as much purpose as Anna and certainly more than Duke or Kevin at this point. Besides-people have been saying Tracy needed a new man or at least another male in that age range. There ya go. Don't really like the introduction that he's nothing but a drunk, because that's crap, but oh well.

I won't say Finola Hughes can't act, but Anna has always bored me. Ian Buchanan can act but has been wasted;Kin Shriner ditto; Jackie Zeman may have been able to passably act at one point but those days are over, and Bobbie, again, falls into the boring character category now. Felicia...blah; Laura's brief returns-blah.

Who am I missing? Lynn Herring-oy. She's always been OTT and Lucy's schemes got old over a decade ago. Jon Lindstrom-he's fabulous but again-wasted. Julian is a different actor so I'm not sure that counts.

So yeah. If I have to sit through some of the above-Larry can stay as long as he wants

Especially since I've had characters shoved down my throat that I can't stand and certainly have never begged to see. I need SOME characters on this show to entertain. I certainly cannot depend on the show pets for that.

Edited by OnceSane
removed bolding
  • Love 1

I was hoping for a Ransom of Red Chief story where Heather would drive Sean crazy, rather than Heather being an idiot.  That would have been hilarious. 

I wanted that too. So much!

It would have been a lot of fun for us, but we forget that TPTB take Shawn as a serious, threatening man that Heather should be wary of instead of how (some of ) the viewers do which is a misogynistic, knuckle dragging mouth breather of a "hit man" (who can't hit water with a boat). And no match for Heather Webber. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 4

Ron is trying to have his cake and eat it too with regards to Jason/Jake. He wants the history along with the loyal fans of legacy character without writing for that character. Jason is NOT Jason Morgan or Jason Q. Hell, he is not even called Jason, he gave the guy a brand new name. The only reason we talk about Jake as Jason is because we have been told he is Jason. Absolutely nothing on screen points to him being Jason. Not even the person with Robin. This John Does person could be a total stranger and Jason got away somehow. The window of opportunity is there to undo this Jake is Jason fuckery but NOT as another legacy character. It'll be the SSDD.

The resentment I feel is not because I like Jason Morgan or Q, who I thought was as bland as Jason Morgan anyway, I hate that RC is basically stealing an old character to front his own creation. Instead of being a man and creating his own characters from scratch, he steals the name of GH legacy character and attaches it to a brand new character. If you are going use a legacy character, even if they were the devil, you should keep the integrity of said characters. 

What is he doing is at worst thieving, and best pure laziness. Not to mention manipulative in that the investment is already there with viewers. Much as I loathe him, Jason was a very popular character and was one half of 3 very popular pairings. R&J fans are already invested in this story, even if it is to have Jason acknowledge Robin's role in bringing him back, Jizzers are jizzing every fucking where. Soon Jasam fans will join the fray. Why any of these fractions GAF about this newbie character where their original couple is concern is beyond me, it couldn't be any clearer that the Jake character is not Jason Morgan.  But that investment is what RC wants to take advantage, he has been successful as far as Jizzers are concerned. He has zero interest in the Jason character himself. 

• Love 5

Why couldn't he have been AJ?

Because he'd be AJ in name only. He won't actually be AJ and Ron!AJ will be the exact opposite of GH!AJ.

I can just see it now, Billy's AJ will become BFFs with Sonny and Carly because RC have proven to give that much of a shit for GH characters. Not!

Edited- As have been said about BM's age re Jason, same thing would apply to AJ. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

Why couldn't he have been AJ?

We all know Sonny will skate. Just reveal Micheal really was Jason's and that AJ is alive. Billy Miller is already playing a wonderful AJ. I'm glad he and Liz have reconciled.

Because he's way too young to be AJ to boot, in addition to what Deputy COS said.

I just don't see anything much worth keeping in the old Jason's non-personality, beyond the relationships and history he has to deal with. So them remaking the character does not bother me in the slightest - not that it will all last, either, since this is an amnesia story and sooner or later he will remember.

I was surprised to find that Miller and LW had good chemistry, IMO. He was calm and evened her out the way Burton used to with the Carlys, as opposed to going big alongside her, which is what you might have expected from him.

• Love 3

To be fair, I believe Steve Burton's age SORAS' d Jason. So they did play with Jason's age a tad. And AJ's.

AJ's on screen birthday is actually Dec 13, 1979. Not Nov 18 as his tombstone states.

Jason was actually born in 1981. When Burton took the role over, they changed his birth year to 1974. 5 years older than AJ was originally.

Billy Miller's birthday is 9/17/79. He's 35. Steve Burton's birthday is 6/28/70. He is 40.

Sean Kanan's birthday is 11/2/1966. AJ's birthday is now listed as 11/18/72.

Billy Miller could logically play both roles since AJ was actually born in 79 and Jason in 81.

I find it funny that Billy Miller is in the exact age range of what AJ and Jason should be but because of SORASing he appears too young or too young against a character like Michael.

• Love 3

Along with his full facial/body reconstruction, he also got this new procedure they offer at GH only.  It's called age reversal therapy, so he went in as a man in his  40's and came out in his mid 30's.    It's just science. 

• Love 7

Right now Jake IS Jason. Years down the line the writers might change that, who knows, but there's no reason to believe that this is anyone else. Or else everything going on right now is more useless than I thought.

Also, while RC basically strings along every fanbase, I'm still not getting the impression that we're supposed to watch Liason and Samtrick and go, "Awwwww! I hope they have a double wedding and live happily ever after." I think Ron wants it to be more along the lines of, "Noooooo!! Sam, Jase is alive! Patty, your wife is being held hostage!!"

(Obvs Liason/Samtrick fans think otherwise, but I don't consider those to be extremely large fanbases, although I don't discount them at all.)

Hey, Scotty remembered Logan!  But ugh, only so Franco could pass judgment.  Because a young kid who came back from the war with mental issues and a SERIAL KILLER who turned murder into an art form are TOTALLY the same.  Ugh, will never buy Scotty wanting anything to do with this loser.

So Ron is just taking scripts from the Molly/TJ/Rafe/Taylor non-quad and subbing in Emma/Cameron/Spencer/Joss?  Meaning scripts from a young adult quad are being applied to little kids?  Who do I have to pay to make this stop?

Does this show seriously to want us to, like, feel for Sonny because he loves Carly and she won't be with him?  Um, nooooooooooo.

Michael saying that most people say he looks like Jason opposed to AJ irked me.

• Love 2

Michael looks like Jason until they decide to bring AJ back from the dead and then he will resemble him.

Does anyone want a Tylenol from the hammering you are getting from this Jason return?

Scotty: My son was unbalanced. Lulu killed stabbed him.

Franco: Well I guess I don't feel bad about strapping her to a bomb anymore.

Hilarity! This is the scene in question that Franco is making such a witty line about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmrfrhDD5Pg#t=185

One of the few scenes I found hard to watch due to genuine sympathy instead of second-hand embarrassment

serial killer/Scotty banter was so painful.

ugh, writers. If you're gonna awkwardly shoehorn Beggars' night exposition into every scene, get it right. Beggars'/Mischief night is for pranks, not candy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Micheal's original birth year is 1997. It was changed to 1991, then 1989.

So going with the original ages of AJ/Jason, they'd had to have Micheal (at his current age, 24) at ages 10 and 8.

When did they change it to 1989? Last time I remember them mentioning his age was his 18th birthday in 2009.

I was just happy to hear him acknowledge his close relationship with AJ.

Poor Jake. All these people keep just talking to him, so he's like an abandoned animal in the shelter thinking one has to be his owner. But they just want to pet him and move on. Someone will adopt you, Jake! One day!

That made me sadder than Sonny trying to establish an alibi for Franco's hit.

• Love 4

I'm wondering why every single character spilled their personal history to some stranger who doesn't even know who he is.  He could be a mass murder  for all they know....oh wait........

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 9