Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Sam and Carly are assholes. True love starts with self-love. Yes, it sort of does. 

These two dumbasses are so stupid they can't see that they do not love themselves, hence their awful awful choice in men.

The same women who respectively had Jax and Drew and now.....

oh and Carly's "you need to do a better job of hiding your love of Jason!" HAHA

Sam acting SHOCKED about Oscar. Of course the two people who share a child know nothing about what's going in each other's lives.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Hater said:

oh and Carly's "you need to do a better job of hiding your love of Jason!" HAHA

Carly and Sam should never be allowed to interact. They are downright toxic together. When I wanted Sam to have girlfriends, that's not what I had in mind.

• Love 10

I'm so sure Danny would make a Valentine card, unprompted, for Carly and Sonny. If he made one for anyone, it would be Drew, but we can't have Danny show any sort of affection for the man who's been more of a father to him than anyone in town.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also?  Shut up, Griffin.  Whining about Kiki and then claiming he's super sick of talking about his dead girlfriend?  He is so unlikeable.

He's such an emotional infant. I know his faith is shattered and all, but didn't his seminary training give him any tools to cope? Dealing with grieving parishioners is a regular part of being a priest. He can leave out the God stuff and use the other tools. But instead he throws a temper tantrum. Gah.

Uh, Carly, Monica meddled in your relationship with AJ because you were a gold-digging troublemaker. Sam didn't marry Jason for his money and social position.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Uh, Carly, Monica meddled in your relationship with AJ because you were a gold-digging troublemaker. Sam didn't marry Jason for his money and social position.

Also, you don't get to talk shit about someone once you're an accessory to their child's murder.

• Love 21
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, you don't get to talk shit about someone once you're an accessory to their child's murder.

And got sexually excited listening to a tape of his death. 

That's about as low as you can go.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Man, it was pitiful to see Ava's awestruck face at how freely Ryan said "I love you." All she's wanted is love and acceptance, and when she finds out that she's gotten it under false pretenses and at the cost of her daughter's life, it's going to devastate her.

I can't see how Ava will recover emotionally once the truth about Ryan comes out.  With the exception of Avery and Julian, he has taken away everything from her.  Since before he murdered Kiki, Ryan has been playing with Ava's mind in an absolutely vicious manner.  Today when Ryan told Ava he loved her, my heart broke for this fictional character.  Maura West is brilliant as Ava Jerome.  I know that once Ava discovers the awful truth, she will rebuild her life, for Avery's sake at first but will become stronger than ever before.  I can't wait to watch Maura take Ava through this journey,.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

I can't see how Ava will recover emotionally once the truth about Ryan comes out.  With the exception of Avery and Julian, he has taken away everything from her.  Since before he murdered Kiki, Ryan has been playing with Ava's mind in an absolutely vicious manner.  Today when Ryan told Ava he loved her, my heart broke for this fictional character.  Maura West is brilliant as Ava Jerome.  I know that once Ava discovers the awful truth, she will rebuild her life, for Avery's sake at first but will become stronger than ever before.  I can't wait to watch Maura take Ava through this journey,.  

MW really did react when Ryan said he loved her. Amazing acting! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm so sure Danny would make a Valentine card, unprompted, for Carly and Sonny.

Give me a damn break.  If anyone he'd make a card for Annabelle (the second--so stupid that they all refer to her as that given the first one's been "living on the farm" for 2 decades).

• Love 9

When Carly comes on I change the channel and sometimes I forget to come back. Show-you shouldn't lead with your most repulsive characters being ultra obnoxious. Carly lacks charm and to me is more despicable than of the actual villains on the show. Keep on showcasing this group of unlikable characters and GH will reclaim its spot as #4 out of 4. 

Also, trying to promote Valentine's Day with a minimum of loving couples is kind of pointless, isn't it? I remember the 'Love in the Afternoon' promotion which is what soaps were with suppose to be about. GH has gotten so far away from that,it's really sad. But I guess that's what happens when your core families and relationships are replaced with discount gangsters.

When Carly comes on I change the channel and sometimes I forget to come back. Show-you shouldn't lead with your most repulsive characters being ultra obnoxious. Carly lacks charm and to me is more despicable than of the actual villains on the show. Keep on showcasing this group of unlikable characters and GH will reclaim its spot as #4 out of 4. 

Also, trying to promote Valentine's Day with a minimum of loving couples is kind of pointless, isn't it? I remember the 'Love in the Afternoon' promotion which is what soaps were with suppose to be about. GH has gotten so far away from that,it's really sad. But I guess that's what happens when your core families and relationships are replaced with discount gangsters.

• Love 5

Julian and Kim are okay and Jordan and Curtis don't make me hate them but I think the best romance on this show is Ava and Ryan. MW showed how needy for love Ava is, and JL make me think that for Ryan, this is the first time in his life that anyone  has loved him back. Too bad he's a sociopath and it's all going to end badly.

Dr. Bryne was probably thinking he's caught a break not dating this nutcase. But the two of them were pretty together.

Nice of Drew to try to help Jason get the goods on Shiloh but it seemed to me that he, like Alexis, was struck by how good what Shiloh was saying was.  #TeamShilohAllTheWay.

• Love 10
On 2/10/2019 at 4:17 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

It always pisses me off when they fall ass backwards into getting good people, then decide to put them into incredibly expendable parts. First the under used Valerie, as BS is now jumping ship to Y&R. 

Damn. Really? What a waste.

8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also?  Shut up, Griffin. 

This x1000.

• Love 1

Willow is possibly the worst actress this show has had for a while. I can barely concentrate in any scene she's in. She's just so awful.

I will pull up a seat for one because I enjoy watching her scenes and the performances of her scene partners (Michael, Chase, Lulu, Brad, or Nina) have not displayed a much higher caliber of acting.  ymmv.  Her eyes are expressive.  For example, the "isn't this the FIFTH time that we did this exact same scene at Julian's gastropub?" annoyed look is a favorite.  Jobs are tough to come by and this character's long-term success pretty much depends on her ability to produce a kid for Michael Corinthos.  She's not a nurse/doctor but at least she is not mob - so this viewer will be rooting for her but not so much that the Corinthos add another kid to their tally.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think the best romance on this show is Ava and Ryan

I don't think there's anything romantic about Ava and Ryan. She's desperate for affection and comfort because Lauren was killed, and Ryan is the killer.

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think Valentines Day will be really special when Dante & Lulu have dinner with the kids.

Please. All the kids—Scout, Danny, Rocco, Charlotte, Leo—will be at Monica's so their parents can have some much needed couple time. /sarcasm

4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

I will pull up a seat for one because I enjoy watching her scenes

I like Willow, too. The actor is no powerhouse, but I do think she does a good job of holding her own, and at least Willow isn't written as someone crumbling before the self-righteous wrath of Nina or Valentine. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think there's anything romantic about Ava and Ryan. She's desperate for affection and comfort because Lauren was killed, and Ryan is the killer.

Please. All the kids—Scout, Danny, Rocco, Charlotte, Leo—will be at Monica's so their parents can have some much needed couple time. /sarcasm

I like Willow, too. The actor is no powerhouse, but I do think she does a good job of holding her own, and at least Willow isn't written as someone crumbling before the self-righteous wrath of Nina or Valentine. 

She'll get the wrath of Nina soon enough when the truth comes out that she is Willow's mother. It's so obvious that Willow is really Nina's daughter. She looks like she could be Sasha's sister and they aren't even related. LOL!!!!!

• Love 1

She'll get the wrath of Nina soon enough when the truth comes out that she is Willow's mother.

So if Willow and Michael Corinthos hook up - the kid would have Nina and Carly as grandmothers.  Yikes!

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 4

Well fuck, I guess that "bad guy stare" at the end of Monday's episode cements that Shiloh is evil and Carly/Sonny/Jason/Sam (Carsonjam?) will be right, again, about everything. 

There was a great story that could have been played out here that could have refreshed a lot of the characters, but now it will pretty much be unwatchable. 

• Love 5

I just started reading this board, usually I'm on FB or Soapcentral, and I gotta say it's nice to come to a place where it seems like most people hate Carly, Sam, Sonny, Jason. Lol and all the right people. Other places you'll get some people that dislike them but tons of people defending them no matter what. I like them sometimes but it's annoying how they have to be the good guys and the heroes. And I've hated Jasam since day one! Ugh spare me

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Well fuck, I guess that "bad guy stare" at the end of Monday's episode cements that Shiloh is evil and Carly/Sonny/Jason/Sam (Carsonjam?) will be right, again, about everything. 

There was a great story that could have been played out here that could have refreshed a lot of the characters, but now it will pretty much be unwatchable. 

Exactly.  God forbid that awful foursome is ever wrong about anything.  Yesterday was particularly obnoxious, what with Sam bragging about what a great con she is and Carly on her soapbox about how evil Shiloh is...even though she's never even met him.  Also, how does lightning not strike these assholes for deciding anyone else is shady and/or criminal???

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Hater said:

Sam acting SHOCKED about Oscar. Of course the two people who share a child know nothing about what's going in each other's lives.

So stupid.  Are TPTB doing this because they don't want to upset the JaScammers by having each of them interact with the other person they have a child with? Sonny knows Frodd was arrested... shouldn't Jason know too? you would think he may be concerned about Jake being in that house.... but nope.  Jason's too busy worrying about Sonny's kid. UGH.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

As per his conversation with Harmony, he was happy that Drew isn't going to have  the procedure to get his memories back because it was a complication for Shiloh. Harmony also told him that Jason was fishing around and they used that cop in order to harass Jason. Both actions and feelings point to Shiloh not being on the up and up.

Moving on to Sam, I cannot wait for her to fall into the clutches of the cult. Because she is neither strong-minded, bright or has a good sense of self-worrh. She would be even more susceptible than Kristina.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Both actions and feelings point to Shiloh not being on the up and up.

We all know the only good, upstanding people in Port Charles are Sonny, Carly, Jason, and Sam. Everyone else is either borderline or outright evil.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Linny said:

Man, it was pitiful to see Ava's awestruck face at how freely Ryan said "I love you." All she's wanted is love and acceptance, and when she finds out that she's gotten it under false pretenses and at the cost of her daughter's life, it's going to devastate her.

Shucks

I mean, it's not like I didn't enjoy Laura dragging Franco and Liz's feelings for him.  But she's had no reservations about their relationship and his proximity to her grandchildren this whole time, she was rather cheerleader-y about it at points, so it comes off as hollow now.  It's really just there to make us go, "Aww, poor Franco!" (I didn't) and set Laura up to have to apologize later.  Ugh.

Why am I looking at LWB/FS and Sasha when I could be looking at Britt!

• Love 5

Today wasn't too bad, no Jason or Sam or Carly so Yaa!   Sonny with Spencer wasn't too bad, I don't mind Spencer and he seems to be better as he has aged.  Drew with Liz and the kids was great, can't imagine how Jason will react, when he remembers he has a son over there.  Curtis finally helping the police commissioner catch a clue was great. Laura questioning Franco was kind of stupid but the acting was good (even though I am  not a big fan of GF, she wasn't over acting here)  Liz and Cam scenes were great and I can feel for her when suddenly your little boy towers over you,

• Love 4

As per his conversation with Harmony, he was happy that Drew isn't going to have  the procedure to get his memories back because it was a complication for Shiloh.

Now, an interesting development would be for Sam and/or Jason to start bugging Drew to get his memories to get the goods on Shiloh, and if Drew refused (because he didn't want to lose memories of Scout) selfless Jason would have the procedure and start developing feelings for Kim while Sam is off pulling a con on Shiloh. 

But, of course that wouldn't happen because JaSam are the twuest love that evah twued

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Drew is cute with the boys. Just make him Lucky! The Lucky who dropped Jake off could have been someone else. Of course, watch, they'd make him Lucky and then a month later then that would be when Billy Miller decides to leave, heh.

• Love 5

Drew is basically a prop to Kim/Oscar & Friz.  Oh and sometimes propping this stupid con story.

This man has nothing for himself.  Beyond frustrating.  I guess Billy really doesn't care because he works probably twice a week and collects the check for doing his 5 minutes of air time.  But I really need him to leave within the year.  

It's a complete waste to use him like this, in no real way and sure Drew's a good guy and is good with kids but I'd like to see a storyline.

Jason barely remembers he has a son with Sam.

Yet when bad actor Danny comes on screen, Jasus is teh GREATEST DAD EVA!!!

Edit: If any of these JaSam fans want to cry foul on Drew defending Franco, Jake is still living in that damn house with the man who assaulted his true wuv and has barely lifted a finger to even get to know Jake.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Drew is cute with the boys. Just make him Lucky!

I have no problem with Drew staying Drew and marrying Liz.  Franco can go ahead and be Ryan's next victim. Ryan could make it look like a suicide.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

Drew is basically a prop to Kim/Oscar & Friz.  Oh and sometimes propping this stupid con story.

This man has nothing for himself.  Beyond frustrating.  I guess Billy really doesn't care because he works probably twice a week and collects the check for doing his 5 minutes of air time.  But I really need him to leave within the year.  

It's a complete waste to use him like this, in no real way and sure Drew's a good guy and is good with kids but I'd like to see a storyline.

It really is. Drew is a good guy, he has a really great rapport with the kids. He has an easy going chemistry with a lot of the characters, but he's a good guy and Jason is apparently a million times better than him and oh, the evil for wanting better for his family than Jason ever did. 

It's such a waste of a character that's just a genuinely nice guy. 

The writers really need to re-evaluate their writing. 

I think Drew is going to be killed off at the end of the story with Shiloh. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It really is. Drew is a good guy, he has a really great rapport with the kids. He has an easy going chemistry with a lot of the characters, but he's a good guy and Jason is apparently a million times better than him and oh, the evil for wanting better for his family than Jason ever did. 

It's such a waste of a character that's just a genuinely nice guy. 

It really is a waste of a character and I assume lots of money to have Billy Miller walking around doing nothing but being the "good guy."  

The ending was suppose to suggest Drew is going to help them get married?  

17 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I have no problem with Drew staying Drew and marrying Liz.  Franco can go ahead and be Ryan's next victim. Ryan could make it look like a suicide.

In practice I wouldn't either, but I think they need Lucky in general on the show and here is a decent actor on right now who would have mostly fit the bill. 

• Love 2

You'd think Lucky would be name checked right about now, given his sister was nearly killed and the accused is the man engaged to his ex-wife and helping to raise his kids.  But sure, he's busy staring at rocks or whatever.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

But sure, he's busy staring at rocks or whatever.

Lucky stopped staring at rocks years ago; these days, he's working through "the darkness" by helping out in Africa. Because it's not as if he can do any good in Port Charles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

You'd think Lucky would be name checked right about now, given his sister was nearly killed and the accused is the man engaged to his ex-wife and helping to raise his kids.  But sure, he's busy staring at rocks or whatever.

I don't think FV and company care one bit about the Spencers even when the writing says it needs to be addressed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

And they set it up so that Laura and Lulu will both have to apologize to Franco when this is over.  UGH!

Even saying Liz sent the boys to hang with Lucky off-screen while this Franco mess plays out would be better than nothing.

• Love 5

Howarth, Burton and Benard all have love interests.

Billy Miller who plays romance better than all of them is sitting on the sidelines with Drew maybe liking Kim Nero.

UGH.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And they set it up so that Laura and Lulu will both have to apologize to Franco when this is over.  UGH!

By the time GH is over they will have set it up so every single one of Franco's victims will have had to apologize to him for daring to not believe that he has changed.

The writing for Liz re: Franco ever since she started dating him seriously has always skirted the edge of battered-woman syndrome, but never so much as it did today. She didn't listen to a word her teenaged son had to say when he came home from school hurt because of Franco's presence in their lives and all but told him she would and did choose Franco over Cameron and his brothers.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Right? And also, I'm confused about Lucky is doing. Is he just wandering around? Are we supposed to think he gets money from running cons on people? Because THAT would definitely not be something Lucky would do, no matter whether someone agrees that this wanderlust thing makes sense for Lucky.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I just started reading this board, usually I'm on FB or Soapcentral, and I gotta say it's nice to come to a place where it seems like most people hate Carly, Sam, Sonny, Jason. Lol and all the right people. Other places you'll get some people that dislike them but tons of people defending them no matter what. I like them sometimes but it's annoying how they have to be the good guys and the heroes. And I've hated Jasam since day one! Ugh spare me

This is the only place I come to anymore for pretty much the same reasons. 

The snark gives me life, everyone is awesome and while there may be Unpopular Opinions sometimes, it's ok, because everyone can spell correctly. 

Welcome!

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So it's not like he's somewhere incommunicado, a la Frisco for years.

I don't think Lucky has ever been incommunicado since he left after Siobhan died; they just decided no one would contact him for whatever dumb reason. "I don't want to bother him" or some such nonsense, when I'm pretty sure Lucky would want to be bothered when it affects his family.

Lazy, idiotic writers.

• Love 9