Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Is Oscar's love for Joss so true that she will save him? Let's finally end this "Oscar refuses treatment and Kim wrings her hands" story because it's way past it's best before date. I do like that Julian refused to kidnap him though.

The Quartermaines accepting that pizza is their burden for Thanksgiving and then it still doesn't work out is a nice touch.

The baby playing Wylie looks like he could be the child of CD and CL. Good casting.

Stella better be at the wedding to give her blessing otherwise it's terrible manners to show up.

I liked Anna's and Molly's dresses. Nina's was too showy but I frequently dislike Nina's clothes.

The overskirt (? ) of Jordan's dress was in the wrong place; either higher or lower would have been better. But what I most noticed is that the actress has Resting Worriedface so that even as she walked up to join the love of her life, she still looked like she was being forced into something.

The best part was Ryan hearing Ava say that how could she ever be happy with Kiki around and deciding to do something about it.  How sweet, and about damn time.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Stella better be at the wedding to give her blessing otherwise it's terrible manners to show up.

Doncha know, it will have been Sonny's toast (it's all about family) that will have finally  caused Stella to have a change of heart.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The Quartermaines accepting that pizza is their burden for Thanksgiving and then it still doesn't work out is a nice touch.

YES! I loved that this year they did the opposite with the pizzas. I almost thought everything was gonna run smoothly when I saw that Monica accepted their usual fate and got pizza from the jump.

Speaking on the wedding, I really wish the old Jordan could have completed this wedding arc. It would have made the emotions more potent, but alas I look forward to seeing what happens tomorrow with Stella. 

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

Whoa, apparently I was looking down at my computer at a pretty key moment...completely missed this. She's, like, fully dead? 

Not yet. I don't think we will see her alive again, though. She comes face to face with Ryan who has shown up at her place just as she was leaving for the wedding she was not invited to (again, why is she and Griffin even going?).

I think they did a bad job with those close-ups of her eyes where for some reason she seems scared of Kevin??? If that's the emotion they were going for, why would Kiki be scared of him? 

• Love 3

Hey I finally remembered Why Kiki would go to the wedding! She's friends with TJ through the hospital and school. Although inviting your kids friends to your weddings probably a sign that you need more friends of your own.

• Love 6

I hope they let it slow play for Ava. First she can grieve and feel guilty while Kevin supports her. Then she can be a suspect, while further leaning on and falling for Kevin. Then it can come out that it's really Ryan and he killed Kiki for her, causing her to lose her shit even more. ... ...but they'll probably just have Jason/Carly figure it out by Friday. :) 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Hey I finally remembered Why Kiki would go to the wedding! She's friends with TJ t

OMG, thank you !!  I've spent twenty minutes trying to figure it out.  Though I think if it had been old TJ, the connection might have clicked sooner.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

why would Kiki be scared of him? 

He had a pretty scary look on his face when she opened the door.  Kudos to JL, because I got a wee bit scared of him there.  

I'm sad that were losing Kiki.  

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The dramatic scenes between Joss and Cam yesterday versus the ones between Joss and Oscar today really showed how much better an actor Cam is than Oscar

THIS.  Eden was doing all the heavy lifting today and GS was giving her nothing but the same thing he's been doing since Oscar found out about his diagnosis.   I mean, Joss going home to an empty house at the end and sitting down and crying actually made me tear up.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

They are not going to wear some random pieces of jewelry given to them 20 minutes before the ceremony!

I bought my friend a bracelet for her wedding and she definitely wore it. 

• Love 1

Of course Olivia had to bring up her stupid pizza oven. NOBODY CARES, OLIVIA.

Ava kissing Kevin was gross. For one, he was her shrink. For two, he's barely divorced. For three, he's not Kevin. (Heh.)

6 hours ago, Linny said:

Kim sure has a lot of nerve getting indignant and sulky that Julian didn't acquiesce to her crazy plan. Throughout their relationship she's maintained two things: that Julian should never return to a life of crime, and that he should be okay with her holding him at an emotional distance. She doesn't get to snit that she can't trust him now that he's unwilling to break a dozen different laws to help her with something she's only reluctantly shared with him to begin with.

Ugh, I KNOW. I think this is the worst thing she's done. (Not telling Oscar he was sick was worse, or course, but she can't change that.)

Are Lucas and Julian on speaking terms? When did that happen? Or is the usual plot point nonsense? (I know, the latter.)

Eek, Jordan's dress was horrible! I wonder if VA ever saw it, or if it was chosen for the new actor. 

I had to laugh that they dug up a black minister to marry the black couple, in the church the show uses for everything, no matter anyone's religious beliefs. 

LOL at Ava's GINORMOUS compact mirror.

• Love 1

Olivia whining about not having a pizza oven was quite funny, woman if you want to have a kitchen of your own, why not move to the guest house but then you would lose Monica's free baby sitting services.

Edited by LillyB
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Olivia whining about not having a pizza oven was quite funny, woman if you want to have a kitchen of your own, why not move to the guest house but then you would lose Monica's free baby sitting services.

She wouldn't, though, since she could bring Leo to the house the way Rocco is always there.

I didn't like Ned getting all testy when Julian arrived. Julian is Leo's father, TED. If you love Leo the way you claim to, you won't limit access. Ugh.

• Love 4

I thought Julian was covering after Drew walked in with his "J'Accuse!".    What was Julian supposed to say the minute he gets to see his kid, and his adult son is finally speaking to him, when he knew Drew would run straight to the family?  I was surprised that he hadn't gone along with Kim's harebrained plan.

Joss will still be all about her.  She's been around Sonny and Carly too long to consider Oscar's wishes.

I suspect Stella's speech will be about her change of heart, after the "objection" drama, of course.  But then I was wrong about Julian.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:30 AM, Ryan Chamberlain said:

I am with you on the Ryan/Ava are hot thing. 2nr10ty.gif

And, here they are almost 10 years ago on ATWT. The soap world is such a small place now. Back then there probably 10 soaps on the air:

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6

I don't know after nearly a year of Stella being so against Jordan and Curtis being together, I am going to be annoyed that she finally gave in. Not because it was healthy or anything, but was the point of hearing the same argument over and over again, if she finally gives in. And I doubt I am going to feel the warm fuzzies as the show expects especially with a NuJordan and NuTJ  involved.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

She wouldn't, though, since she could bring Leo to the house the way Rocco is always there.

I didn't like Ned getting all testy when Julian arrived. Julian is Leo's father, TED. If you love Leo the way you claim to, you won't limit access. Ugh.

I blame Olivia for that nonsense. She should have told Ned and told him why she was doing days in advance. But Julian needs to quit it with TED nonsense which he immediately starts when he enters Ned's home.

I hate the continuing farce of Q Thanksgiving dinners being ruined. If the donation people took the gourmet pizza by accident, why couldn't the Qs just eat the original donated food that was not taken and which  would have been a typical Thanksgiving meal. That would have been the twist. They prepared for pizza and got Turkey.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4

I thought Jordan’s dress was 80’s/90’s ugly. The wedding was anticlimactic with nuJordan & just hired two days ago nuTJ. It’s too bad they didn’t squeeze the wedding in before VA left the role of Jordan. Also, how bad is it that in the year 2018 that there are only 2 black actors on contract. AIthough, VW May be on contract, too. The whole church was filled with non black people. They couldn’t even pull in Felix for the day. I think GH has a two/three black actor cast quota. In the 80’s it was Bryan & Claudia who were Scotty’s & Laura’s token friends but they had a nice little following. I’ve been watching since around 1978 and nothing has really changed that much. Kinda sad. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Are Lucas and Julian on speaking terms? When did that happen? Or is the usual plot point nonsense? (I know, the latter.)

It's been gradually happening from the time Lucas asked Julian to stay away so they could adopt a baby and he did. Then he gave them advice, and he was there when Brad first got the baby and took pictures for them while Lucas was in surgery and lately Lucas and Brad have been hanging out eating at Charlie's. In addition there was all the stuff with Brad when he was worried about being found out.

So while Lucas still wants Julian to stay away from the baby because they promised the birth mother to keep him away from bad influences (eyeroll because they're taking him to the Corinthos family party), it's not out of nowhere that Julian would phone Lucas and Brad to wish them a happy Thanksgiving.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The whole church was filled with non black people. They couldn’t even pull in Felix for the day. I think GH has a two/three black actor cast quota. In the 80’s it was Bryan & Claudia who were Scotty’s & Laura’s token friends but they had a nice little following. I’ve been watching since around 1978 and nothing has really changed that much. Kinda sad. 

Yeah, I couldn't help but think how White that church was for a Black couple's wedding.  Although I did notice they stuck a few Black extras in the back row, I guess to acknowledge that the couple must at least have some Black relatives/friends. Plus that one Black cop who's always at the front desk in the station was there, but now I'm not sure if it was because it was the Commissioner's wedding or because he's Black. 

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Yeah, I couldn't help but think how White that church was for a Black couple's wedding.  Although I did notice they stuck a few Black extras in the back row, I guess to acknowledge that the couple must at least have some Black relatives/friends. Plus that one Black cop who's always at the front desk in the station was there, but now I'm not sure if it was because it was the Commissioner's wedding or because he's Black. 

I'm going for the former.

That was way too much dress for Jordan. I wasn’t sure she could make it down the aisle. And I think it was too long. She was having to kick the front of the dress with each step which made her walk strangely as she came to the altar. Why were Brad and Lucas at Sonny’s on Thanksgiving? Where was Carly?  And why was the house empty when Joss went back home after talking to Oscar? Apparently, I’m very confused by this show.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, nilyank said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I blame Olivia for that nonsense. She should have told Ned and told him why she was doing days in advance. But Julian needs to quit it with TED nonsense which he immediately starts when he enters Ned's home.

Olivia was right that Ned would throw a hissy fit about Julian if he knew beforehand Julian had been invited. And Ned would probably keep harping on it. In that respect, she couldn't win.

Agree the Ted thing is way, way past its sell-by date. I found it amusing at the beginning, but when Julian uses it all the time, the joke is over.

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

it's not out of nowhere that Julian would phone Lucas and Brad to wish them a happy Thanksgiving.

I thought Lucas was the one who initiated the phone call—that's why I was a bit confused about the thaw. I know Brad and Julian are on good terms and in regular contact (even if it's only about the sekrit).

54 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why were Brad and Lucas at Sonny’s on Thanksgiving? Where was Carly?

Because that's where Bobbie and Carly were, though Carly had "an emergency" at the MetroCourt she was dealing with. (In other words, it was one of LW's [too] rare off days.)

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
  • Love 1

That dress was hideous. I mean, *maybe* for a 20-year-old but Jordan should have worn something more sophisticated and elegant. She's a beautiful woman who could make a burlap sack look good, but that thing was beyond.

I spent half the episode trying to figure out why Maxie and Lulu were there, then I remembered Nathan and Dante lol!

Where was Sam? She's Curtis' business partner so I would think she'd want to be at his wedding. Oh wait, she has a cold and was snuggled up with Jason ::eyeroll::

Since Alexis was at the wedding, I guess she dropped off Danny and Scout with Monica? But the only kid we saw was Leo.

So long Kiki. I actually liked HE in the role but won't miss the character one bit. Of course now we have to hear everyone in town screeching at Ava that she killed her daughter and how she's OMG teh EVUL! And Carson will decide she's unfit to see Avery. Can Ryan take them out next? Please?

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So long Kiki. I actually liked HE in the role but won't miss the character one bit. Of course now we have to hear everyone in town screeching at Ava that she killed her daughter and how she's OMG teh EVUL! And Carson will decide she's unfit to see Avery. Can Ryan take them out next? Please?

Yeah, I'm not sweating the killing of this character.  If anything, I'm kinda happy that at least if the show is intent on doing Serial Killer Ryan again that he doesn't just limit his kills to extras no one cares about.  

Given Ryan is taking Kiki out to help Ava, I wouldn't think he'll leave any clues to try and frame her, so hopefully the suspicion on her is short-lived (I just need a freakin' break from Ava, Town Pariah).

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I'm not sweating the killing of this character.  If anything, I'm kinda happy that at least if the show is intent on doing Serial Killer Ryan again that he doesn't just limit his kills to extras no one cares about.  

Given Ryan is taking Kiki out to help Ava, I wouldn't think he'll leave any clues to try and frame her, so hopefully the suspicion on her is short-lived (I just need a freakin' break from Ava, Town Pariah).

If they do kill Kiki off it was a pretty well held secret. At least, to me. I know Haley Erin got another job but I thought they would work around her. It's not like she's even the lead in this new show that I won't watch. It's not my demographic. I'm old.

I've never cared too much for the Kiki character, but I'll say that HE definitely made the role her own and her acting improved tremendously over her time on the show. She did well. 

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

And why was the house empty when Joss went back home after talking to Oscar? Apparently, I’m very confused by this show.

Michael said that the Q's eat later than the Corinthos house, and he was shown arriving at the Q mansion at the very end of the episode, so I'm assuming that Thanksgiving dinner at Sonny's was over by the time Joss got there?  The timeline on this show makes little sense honestly.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Which means she missed out entirely on dinner!

Yeah, which is ridiculous. I doubt talking to Oscar took so long that she'd miss an entire Thanksgiving fiesta going on at her house. This also suggests that they all said "bump Joss" and just ate without her.

• Love 2

RIP Keeks-- Tuned in on my post-holiday PTO-- so was happy to catch the Jordan/Curtis wedding after a long hiatus (took me a minute to figure out that this actress was Jordan). Anna's dress is amazing (but wrap dresses are totally my thing). 

And kudos to the casting team, the kid playing Leo looked like he could be DZ's little brother.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Of course now we have to hear everyone in town screeching at Ava that she killed her daughter and how she's OMG teh EVUL! And Carson will decide she's unfit to see Avery. Can Ryan take them out next? Please?

I could totally get behind Ryan wiping out those two.

• Love 8

There would be weeks of the show reminding us that Ryan killed them if he did.  I'm all for that. And Sonny could talk about St. Carly to his heart's content while not having to share Jason with her.

Eden McCoy did another good episode.  GS still can't act.  LW needs more days off but at least we have been spared SBu for a while now.

Someone at the Quartermaines should have mentioned Scout if not Danny. She's a Quartermaine too.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Lucas was the one who initiated the phone call—that's why I was a bit confused about the thaw. I know Brad and Julian are on good terms and in regular contact (even if it's only about the sekrit).

Hopefully he feels guilty about the way he's treating Julian while feasting at the mob dinner.

4 hours ago, teenj12 said:

I've never cared too much for the Kiki character, but I'll say that HE definitely made the role her own and her acting improved tremendously over her time on the show. She did well.

As much as I've grown to hate Kiki, I have to give HE props for how she handled the role.

• Love 4

I can't believe I'm saying this, so brace yourselves, but...Carly was actually pretty decent today. I'm impressed that she refrained from passing judgment on Kim's decisions and instead offered Joss her quiet support. Even recounting that tidbit of advice from Jason felt appropriate to the situation instead of being a ham-fisted inclusion. LW is much more likeable when she's allowed to play understated like this.

I need a break from Kim, I think. Even getting what she's fought for regarding Oscar's treatment is still not enough to satisfy her. She's still got to complain to Julian that he should have helped her because Oscar's HER son and everything should happen on HER terms. She's so frustratingly unaccommodating to anyone's perspective other than her own.

So Curtis and Jordan survived the Stella debacle (in a rather lackluster fashion, but at least it's over) only to stumble upon a dead body right as they were about to enjoy their wedding night. They're definitely going to need that honeymoon Drew promised them by the time this is all over.

• Love 5

Kim needs to go, her attitude to Julian is really gross. "I can't trust you." Really? She sucks hard at being a person.

The whole Oscar line to Alexis about firing her was so badly done. I know it was supposed to be a joke, but they realize that Kim slapped Alexis across the face (that's another thing about Kim) when she found out she was Oscar's lawyer. So no, that line was not funny or cute.

Jordan's dress was too much dress. She's a beautiful woman, why deck her in that monstrosity. Even Curtis didn't know where she started and ended with that dress on her. I knew they were going to stick Kiki in that room. Because why wouldn't they? 

Ryan kills Kiki, then heads to her mother to cozy up to her. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Was it supposed to be purposeful that Ryan-as-Kevin put his murder victim on the boat that Laura's daughter owns, or was that just the first place he could find?

Interesting question. My first impulse is to say "that's where everyone is" and also where Kiki was heading so it's kind of poetic justice but maybe Ryan was trying to get back at Laura in a way.

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ryan kills Kiki, then heads to her mother to cozy up to her. 

Alibi!

Also very serial killer-y.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Interesting question. My first impulse is to say "that's where everyone is" and also where Kiki was heading so it's kind of poetic justice but maybe Ryan was trying to get back at Laura in a way.

I suppose there aren't very many places you could put a dead body in Port Charles and Ryan clearly wanted Kiki to be found. But now that I asked, I wonder if Ryan even knows that Lulu owns the Haunted Star.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I suppose there aren't very many places you could put a dead body in Port Charles and Ryan clearly wanted Kiki to be found. But now that I asked, I wonder if Ryan even knows that Lulu owns the Haunted Star.

Given it's a giant plot point only brought up three times a year when needed, *I* barely remember.

• Love 2

While Ryan is thinning the herd, they need to utilize this opportunity to get rid of Kim. She is a fail fail fail on every level. She straight up sucks and she's on practically every damn day. How does FV still have a job? Oh yeah, because nobody at ABC gives a shit. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

While Ryan is thinning the herd, they need to utilize this opportunity to get rid of Kim. She is a fail fail fail on every level. She straight up sucks and she's on practically every damn day. How does FV still have a job? Oh yeah, because nobody at ABC gives a shit. 

WTF did Tamara do to get this terrible character and story?  I understand maybe Billy getting "punished" but TB?  YIKES.  

How many boring and uptight brunettes do they need on this show anyway?  Sam, Sasha, Willow, Kim, Margo....

UGHHHH

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Hater said:

WTF did Tamara do to get this terrible character and story?  I understand maybe Billy getting "punished" but TB?  YIKES.  

How many boring and uptight brunettes do they need on this show anyway?  Sam, Sasha, Willow, Kim, Margo....

UGHHHH

Yep. I nominate Kim for Ryan's next kill. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hater said:

UGHHHH

I don't know but TB is a serious flop this go around. Her acting style always irked me but she was a decent Carly, better than LW, imo. 

Kim went from total dud to hated dud with this Oscar story. Is there a worse character to find yourself in? This is what happens when they cast actors instead of characters. 

• Love 1