Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Maura West just won another Emmy. 

MW is incredible, she puts them all to shame. We just mentioned Liz crying over Emily and this to me was even more powerful than that. Maura West absolutely nailed it. My mom and I both started crying. If you've been in a similar situation it was almost too real. 

36 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Just when I thought Carly and Sonny couldn't get any more obnoxious, they had to make Kiki's death all about Morgan. 

Surprisingly they didn't bother me today with their reaction. Acknowledging the tragedy of two young people dying in the prime of their life and how senseless it is resonated. They sold me on how one loss often triggers memories of another. 

Aside from the silliness of how the police handled Griffin, one of the better episodes I've seen in a while. 

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Just when I thought Carly and Sonny couldn't get any more obnoxious, they had to make Kiki's death all about Morgan. 

The show just can't help itself everything connects back to Stumpy and his trio of sycophants.

I didn't watch the show yet.  Saw Ava's reaction. Judging by the preview though the master Roho isn't going to do much.

Edited by Hater
11 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kiki died thinking that Dr. Kevin Collins killed her :(

Or he told her exactly who he was because I think he might roll that way.

The murder weapon will of course have Griffin's DNA and finger prints all over it. It's his knife. I gather Kiki was dragged to Griffin's place and killed there? If that's the case, it shows just how tragically stupid PCPD is.

MW did very well. I didn't hate the Sonny/Carly scenes. I like the contrast they offered. There's Ava's horror at Kiki's murder and how she comes undone, and we have a more quiet grief. Carly and Sonny did like Kiki and she did have her whole life ahead of her and love him or hate him, so did Morgan and they were an item.  

MC is not a very good actor. He cannot carry a scene. I thought he did better yesterday than he did today. 

Britt really won the parental lottery.

• Love 5

MW did fine but the others in the background as she was acting was incredibly distracting.  Zero reactions in the back.  Very lackluster.  I think it may have been better to just have Ava see Kiki alone.

Julian and Alexis had nice scenes as well.

• Love 2

I got a kick out of Alexis and Julian eating pumpkins cheesecake at Charlie’s Pub. They reminisced about previous Thanksgivings and Alexis said her favorite was the one she got drunk and ran down Julian with her car. He kind of smiled at her and said “Good days”.  They were cute together at the pub and she consoled him at the Floating Rib when he found out about Kiki. I liked that she slipped her hand into his. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

MW did fine but the others in the background as she was acting was incredibly distracting.  Zero reactions in the back.  Very lackluster.  I think it may have been better to just have Ava see Kiki alone.

MC's usual Drake Hogestyn expression cracked me up.

Peter and Maxie's almost kiss was horrifically choreographed.

• Love 6

Wow, Alexis was practically drooling over Julian. She is ready to pounce. Someone alert Molly. 

Show, please do not give MC dramatic scenes. I was going from riveted by MW to laughing at MC's expressions and his attempt to act. It looks like he took Jack's (from Will & Grace) class on, not acting, but Jackting! 

I really do not want to see a big slow rolling romance between Peter & Maxie. Just no.

Like, OMG, Anna acts like a pouty teenager sometimes in this relationship and I hope she and Finn break up. 

Edited by TVbitch

Well the show has finally made me post for the first time in a while. From what I saw of #metoo story it wasn't bad. Which is now erased because now they went and killed Lauren off. The fuck. If HE wanted to leave there are so many ways to do it. Though I will say I'm surprised Ryan actually killed a main character. I'm liking how JL is playing this out but seriously there are so many other people he could and I'm not friiiiiend  of Lauren. HE made use of her time though on the show to improve as an actress, I'll give her that.

MB and MC were awful. I kind of like Griffin being a suspect just because he was so dumb to not find it weird to find a bloody shawl. I know he had the flimsy ration but when she didn't show up for the wedding, while he wouldn't jump to murder, he should have found it more alarming. Maybe he was supposed to in those voicemails but MC failed? Who knows.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Like, OMG, Anna acts like a pouty teenager sometimes in this relationship and I hope she and Finn break up. 

Both she and Finn are written as teenagers. Their lack of communication is not entertaining to watch.

I had to laugh that neither Jordan nor Curtis considered the possibility that Griffin might have gone to tell Ava that Kiki was dead. No, because he's not at the Haunted Star or his apartment, he ran. It's a miracle the lights are turned on properly.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly and Sonny did like Kiki

Well...they ran kind of hot and cold with her depending on which son she was sleeping with. It really took her taking Sonny's side against Ava for them to really think she was the bee's knees.

I did like how Carly hearing that Lauren was dead shut her right up. Heh.

Ava screaming "WHY? WHY?" was a bit overwrought for me, even for Ava. Everyone thinking Griffin killed Lauren is dumb. I know the intimate partner is often the killer, but Griffin is a cheater and an emotional weakling, not a murderer. He's busted through a few Commandments, but I really think "do not kill" is one he'd stay on the right side of. This hardline act of Jordan and Chase is laughable. I wonder how long they'll drag this idiocy out.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I did like how Carly hearing that Lauren was dead shut her right up. Heh.

That was a delight, especially because Carly was being her usually bitchy self (and why was she the one calling about a custody issue anyway?  That should be Sonny's job).  Oh, and LOL forever at her saying Ava is selfish.  The kettle is rolling its eyes, Caroline.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11

Matt Cohen really can’t act. His first few minutes of GH today was the worst “acting” I have ever seen. He didn’t even shed a tear. He was like the biggest goof saying Kiki was “gone”. I always thought he was good with FH but I guess he’s never really had to show heavy emotions or drama. I think even Ryan Paevey is a better actor then him.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Both she and Finn are written as teenagers. Their lack of communication is not entertaining to watch.

I'm ready for the two of them to go on some abroad adventure together and be gone. Damn them for doing this to Anna. 

45 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That last closeup was bad.  He was for sure employing the Joey Tribiani "smell a fart"Insert other media school of acting.

LOL. It was Dr. Drake Remoray-esque for sure. Griffin is weak, the writing is terrible but so is MC so, I don't know. I wish they'd try a recast and if that doesn't work 86 the character. 

18 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

LOL. It was Dr. Drake Remoray-esque for sure. Griffin is weak, the writing is terrible but so is MC so, I don't know. I wish they'd try a recast and if that doesn't work 86 the character. 

I think better to get rid of the character. It's just such a terribly written character. Bemoaning that he can't take part in the sacraments practically fresh off screwing someone or another.

It's not a big deal that he can't squeeze out a tear - MW didn't either really and it must be hard as heck on one take - it's the vapid expression. I don't know if Paevey was a better actor but it helped that he wasn't saddled with this ridiculous character. 

• Love 3

Today (11/30) marks the 19th anniversary of GH forever falling into the Sonny/Carly black-hole vortex of suck. Who knew we'd STILL be stuck with these barnacles almost 2 DECADES later? Does that qualify as cruel and unusual punishment?!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Today (11/30) marks the 19th anniversary of GH forever falling into the Sonny/Carly black-hole vortex of suck. Who knew we'd STILL be stuck with these barnacles almost 2 DECADES later? Does that qualify as cruel and unusual punishment?!

I blame KMc, VM, and JJ.

• Love 2

I thought Maura West was in the big leagues on the Thursday show. Here's how I know I'm watching good soap acting: I'm having an emotional reaction even while intellectually I know the material is overheated, even absurd. Everyone stood there like statues while Ava went over, unzipped the body bag herself, and commanded the corpse to rise. "You wanted to teach me a lesson? Well, I learned it! Get up, Lauren Katherine Jerome! GET UP!" It wasn't a well-written scene. There were better options to give Ava a body-viewing opportunity to break down over. If I plug at least three-fourths of the daytime actresses I've ever seen into that scene, it might have been laughable. Well, I wasn't laughing. She had me with her all the way. All of the history of the relationship was in the way she played it, the anger that is also love.   

As for the scenes of the show that did not have Maura West...um (tm Natalia). There was one small touch I liked, and I don't know how much thought went into it. When Sonny initially got the news from Carly, he said, "Who would do that to Kiki?" That was just the right response and the right emphasis for a man with countless murders to his credit, hearing about the murder of the daughter/niece of his one-time mob rivals. Murder itself doesn't shock him. Violent death has been all around him for his whole life. Only the identity of the victim raises a question. 

I wonder if the citizens of Branford talk about Port Charles as the bad town nearby, where everyone dies. I'll bet Branford boasts of its relative safety in luring businesses and new residents. I also suspect Branford has a better police force. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Matt Cohen really can’t act. His first few minutes of GH today was the worst “acting” I have ever seen. He didn’t even shed a tear. He was like the biggest goof saying Kiki was “gone”. I always thought he was good with FH but I guess he’s never really had to show heavy emotions or drama. I think even Ryan Paevey is a better actor then him.

Plus he's hot. No lie, I do miss seeing him on my screen.

I remember when Griffin was recruited to be in Magic Milo's act at the Nurses Ball a few years ago. That was terribly cringe-worthy, as well.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Plus he's hot. No lie, I do miss seeing him on my screen.

I remember when Griffin was recruited to be in Magic Milo's act at the Nurses Ball a few years ago. That was terribly cringe-worthy, as well.

I will say when either Griffin or Chase walk into a scene I have to double check who it is. Their dark hair really throws me off. If Ryan Paevey was still there it would be even more difficult. I thin the actor playing Chase is doing well. Although, his whole I'm in charge here with Griffin was a little too much. I miss Dante working at the PCPD. He was short but he was different looking then the Nathan, Griffin & Chase mold.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I will say when either Griffin or Chase walk into a scene I have to double check who it is. Their dark hair really throws me off. If Ryan Paevey was still there it would be even more difficult. I thin the actor playing Chase is doing well. Although, his whole I'm in charge here with Griffin was a little too much. I miss Dante working at the PCPD. He was short but he was different looking then the Nathan, Griffin & Chase mold.

I don't think they look all that much alike.  I guess they do have he dark hair and dark eyes going on, but I feel like Griffin is just a lot paler than Chase or Nathan.  And I think Ryan Paevey was just a ridiculously attractive man. I wish they had added him to the friendship between Curtis and Drew. Those three men on my screen at one time could have almost made up for the Sonny overload.

Now I do think that Willow, Sasha, and Britt all look pretty similar, especially Britt and Sasha.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't blame any actor for being self-conscious there. That act is so degrading. 

• Love 3

Okay, I distinctly remember this forum talking about Kiki being absent for Morgan's memorial. 

All I could think of during Carly's lantern memory of Kiki was her fond remembrance of Copkilla staring at a snow globe.  Odd how Carly never remembers interacting with people, or a kindness they showed-- she only remembers them staring at stuff.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It's a very, very sad state of affairs that I gave them credit for not bashing Ava as a horrible person after hearing about Kiki's death.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

It's a very, very sad state of affairs that I gave them credit for not bashing Ava as a horrible person after hearing about Kiki's death.

That will probably happen today. LOL!!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:
32 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

That will probably happen today. LOL!!

Seriously. And somehow they'll use Lauren's death to keep Avery away from Ava even more.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't blame any actor for being self-conscious there. That act is so degrading. 

I completely agree with you and I wasn't at all bothered that that act didn't happen this year.  That said, though, he wasn't awkward during just the degrading parts.  I especially cringe around the 1:40 part.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Nelle was doing the sad walk, that actually looks like her toes hurt in heels, thing like Kiki did, and I assumed it was a flash back for a second before the camera got tighter on the actresses face.

Going to miss the drama scene to end the week, big damage in Alaska

Was jason lying down like a lump of poop suppose to be captivating for Sam? And “omg you stayed the night and waited with me while I was sick. Omg Jason it’s so amazing you do this”

GH’s “power” couple y’all.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Was jason lying down like a lump of poop suppose to be captivating for Sam? And “omg you stayed the night and waited with me while I was sick. Omg Jason it’s so amazing you do this”

GH’s “power” couple y’all.

She must be forgetting when Drew stayed at her side for days/weeks in the hospital when she was in a coma, both times (cat poop disease and post-Scout's-birth.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 13

Yeah, Jason still has those killer reflexes. No wonder Sam is so proud! *rme*

I still can't believe people seriously believe Griffin killed Lauren. And of course Alexis is OMG TEH EVUL for representing him. That's how everyone felt when she represented you, Julian, so check the attitude.

And really, if Ava thought about it for one minute, she'd know it's ridiculous to think Griffin killed Lauren. What does he get out of it? It was pretty obvious he wasn't using her. Ugh, the stupid burns.

Those childhood pictures of HE were adorable, but they don't really fit my idea of Lauren as a youngster, LOL.

Scott was around during the Kevin/Ryan stuff, right? So he could twig to the fact that it's not Kevin.

How is the news of Lauren's death not common knowledge at GH? There's no way the news wouldn't get out immediately, especially with Griffin being arrested.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I still can't believe people seriously believe Griffin killed Lauren.

Well, the boyfriend/husband generally is the first suspect. So it makes sense for him to get some side-eye. Still, it's weird that people be CONVINCED of his guilt, to the point of vilifying his lawyer. Griffin has no history of violence that I recall. And this is Port Charles, haven for mobsters and serial killers. If I lived there, I would assume a murdered woman with blood ties to the mob was killed because of, you know, the mob. Which would make it All Ava's Fault, naturally, even though the deaths of Sonny and Jason's family members because of the mob is Not At All Their Fault, because of reasons.

I still blame Franco, by the way.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

So it makes sense for him to get some side-eye.

Side-eye, absolutely. The rubber hose treatment? No way. And then on Monday Ava can waltz into the PCPD with a loaded gun. That's a tight ship Jordan is running. (To be fair, that happens no matter who is commissioner.)

1 minute ago, Hater said:

How was Roho's acting?

I didn't like how he had Franco react to Lauren's death, but he did a nice job otherwise, IMO.

What exactly is going on in the trial Oscar is in? Is he getting something injected? Why does he have to be wheeled off for it?

Sonny and Jason, when they're not telling Carly how amazing she is, treat her like a hyperactive imbecilic child.

55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What exactly is going on in the trial Oscar is in? Is he getting something injected? Why does he have to be wheeled off for it?

And why is he in a hospital gown? Unless he's getting some kind of surgery, street clothes will do.

I didn't like the doctor's speech to Oscar (can't remember her name right now). Beyond emphasizing  how this could hurt him, she should have said something about the benefits of drugs trials to other people who may develop the same condition.

MW was great again today.  My daughter walked through the room during one of her scenes and said "Imagine if she had been cast as Diaz on Arrow? "  @GHScorpiosRule will know what I'm talking about.

I like the calculation behind Ryan's eyes. And I thought the Julian and Kim scene today was sweet. They're good for each other.

What's up with Jason saying that "Oscar has all the support he needs" after Drew said that Oscar will appreciate hearing that Jason offered?  Is that Jason saying he'll be there, or that he doesn't need to be there?   BM's Drew looked like he couldn't stand Jason in that scene.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Hater said:

I didn't get to see the whole show.  How was Roho's acting?

54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't like how he had Franco react to Lauren's death, but he did a nice job otherwise, IMO.

Yeah, swing and a miss on the reaction to Kiki, but his scene with Ava was really good. Mainly because he shut up for once. He and MW always play well off one another. I hate Franco but he's at his most unbearable with Elizabeth. That whole relationship is so wrong on so many levels. Their interactions are always awkward. I know people like them together, I can't understand why, but their styles completely clash, imo. Becky had already been marginalized and Elizabeth thrown under the bus about a dozen times by the time she was put with Franco but I've always thought she was a good actress and played who Elizabeth is supposed to be very well. Friz, RoHo and his antics bring her down. She's always made second to him in a scene to begin with but his perpetual shtick on top of it makes me want to punch the TV. Stop eating. Stop yelling. Stop flailing. Stop ad libbing. Just. stop. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What's up with Jason saying that "Oscar has all the support he needs" after Drew said that Oscar will appreciate hearing that Jason offered?  Is that Jason saying he'll be there, or that he doesn't need to be there?   BM's Drew looked like he couldn't stand Jason in that scene.

It always seems to me like Billy wants to punch Burton in the throat, but that's just me.

Yeah, swing and a miss on the reaction to Kiki, but his scene with Ava was really good. Mainly because he shut up for once. He and MW always play well off one another. I hate Franco but he's at his most unbearable with Elizabeth. That whole relationship is so wrong on so many levels. Their interactions are always awkward. I know people like them together, I can't understand why, but their styles completely clash, imo. Becky had already been marginalized and Elizabeth thrown under the bus about a dozen times by the time she was put with Franco but I've always thought she was a good actress and played who Elizabeth is supposed to be very well. Friz, RoHo and his antics bring her down. She's always made second to him in a scene to begin with but his perpetual shtick on top of it makes me want to punch the TV. Stop eating. Stop yelling. Stop flailing. Stop ad libbing. Just. stop. 

I think they have a good vibe acting wise compared to the rest of the downright horrendous pairings on this show.  But maybe it's because the others suck so much that Friz looks good? I don't know but they've grown very tired.  They might as well have Franco open up a daycare center.  There is a staleness to them that has infected mostly everyone together or almost in a pairing on this show.   Roho's antics are not endearing to me and I think a lot of it is not necessarily him but Frank thinking it looks good.

Edit:  I just can't with Roger's face contortions.  Doing that doesn't mean you are emoting! Ugh.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

It always seems to me like Billy wants to punch Burton in the throat, but that's just me.

Loll You're not alone, I see it too.

I don't think there are many warm and fuzzies going around set when it comes to Billy, Kelly and Steve. Well there is for Killy, we know that.

There was also a brief moment in the Jasam sofa scene, where Sam smiled and said something cutesy to Jason I guess, its hard for me to capture much of their dialogue between Kelly's whispering and my natural habit of tuning them out, but it looked like Steve's mask slipped for a moment and he could. not. stand her. You're not going to sell this great love story of a reunion when your actors can barely contain their contempt for one another, show. 

• Love 10

Griffith has only ever worked with Anna really and instead they made Peter her son!

MW was good again and I will give credit where it's due. Everyone else....when Julian is starting to become a favorite of mine, yeah it's bad!

Ava and Franco should become a pair. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Hater said:

I think they have a good vibe acting wise compared to the rest of the downright horrendous pairings on this show.  But maybe it's because the others suck so much that Friz looks good? I don't know but they've grown very tired.  They might as well have Franco open up a daycare center.  There is a staleness to them that has infected mostly everyone together or almost in a pairing on this show.   Roho's antics are not endearing to me and I think a lot of it is not necessarily him but Frank thinking it looks good.

This storyline with Aiden should have been something that makes them salient because it's realistic and something that many parents can relate to.  It's also being written well enough (I think the drawing of tiny Aiden in contrast to his family was very well done) but it feels like the show isn't committing to it enough.  Amongst the Nina/Sasha/Valentin story, Lulu Falconeri Girl Reporter, Maxie/Peter, Anna and Finn looking for Obrecht, Max's dementia, Laura running for mayor, Laura/Kevin/Ava, Grieving Michael and Willow, Drew's memories, Oscar's emancipation and illness, Jordan's wedding, Killer Ryan and the Hunt for Kiki's murder, and of course all the Corithos stories, there's no room for Aiden and Friz.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, LillyB said:

When and how did Julian become one of the good guys on this show?

I think the pivot started in earnest after he went to prison due to the business with his sister Olivia. Buying the gastropub is his attempt to stay on the legal up and up.

It's just as well, since any contract character who's Sonny's enemy never works. The pretzeling that has to happen to make Sonny the better guy is always ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

it feels like the show isn't committing to it enough

I agree, and I think a big part is the terrible pacing, as usual. It started back in August or September, right? When Cam teased Aidan about the Princess Whatever pencils and Franco noticed Aidan was starting to withdraw? We thought the story might be about gender, especially with Terry showing up around the same time, but it seems to have switched to a bullying story. This isn't something that needs to be dragged out. Show a scene where Valetin and Lulu have a serious talk with Charlotte and she either listens or doesn't. If she does, the story is over and we move on. If she doesn't, another parent-teacher conference, this time with Elizabeth (and, alas, Franco) and the adults work out some sort of plan. Either way, when they drag this out, it makes me think poor Aidan is being bullied at school the whole time and no one is doing anything.

• Love 5