Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Anna and Finn were acting like they were on a cruise vacation instead of treating Kiki's murder as a murder.

It's like one writer for the story is treating it seriously and another decides it should be all about wacky high jinks. (Side note: I wonder how long it took ME to learn the samba. Heh.)

If Laura can put together that Charlotte is the one who's bullying Aidan, I wish she'd try a little harder to figure out what's wrong with her ex-husband. He's treating her so rudely that it's ridiculous she's just letting him.

Who is doing the forensic tech at the PCPD, the lady who taped photos to her wall and thinks she can unfriend people in person? How did no one think of the cloud? It's not some super sekrit.

Galena, Illinois, is a beautiful place. WTF was up with Sam's "accent"? It was insulting to everyone.

• Love 5

Franco told Cam that he thought Kiki was his daughter until she was 21. I thought, huh??  Is this a retcon? I thought the same thing when Ava was crying about if she and Franco had raised Kiki together...

I would swear that, like Silas, Franco did not know Ava had a daughter until Kiki showed up in Port Charles as a 19/20-year-old. I recall that Ava and Franco (played by the real actor Franco) acknowledged they'd had an affair/relationship once upon a time.

I can say one nice thing about this show: I enjoy seeing Laura being a sweet, compassionate loving grandmother with Lucky's children (yes, I consider Cam to be Lucky's too). I would like to see Cam have a one-on-one conversation with Laura and ask, do you know where my dad is and why he won't come see us.

• Love 3

So annoying that Curtis is wasted with Sam these days when DT has far better acting vibe with Billy than he does Kelly and Drew and Curtis were originally friends and not this sham of getting Curtis involved with Sam through this P.I. stupidity.  They've already had Curtis running around doing favors for Sonny and his lapdog via this vapid twit.

UGH.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Franco told Cam that he thought Kiki was his daughter until she was 21. I thought, huh??  Is this a retcon? I thought the same thing when Ava was crying about if she and Franco had raised Kiki together...

I would swear that, like Silas, Franco did not know Ava had a daughter until Kiki showed up in Port Charles as a 19/20-year-old. I recall that Ava and Franco (played by the real actor Franco) acknowledged they'd had an affair/relationship once upon a time.

IIRC, Franco - when played by James Franco - mentioned having a daughter named Lauren.  It was one piece of dialogue, but that's what Ron spun Kiki from.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Amelie came after Sam because Sam killed her (abusive*) father, not because she conned him.

*because, of course.

I adored Amelia but they didn't do much after her initial hatred of Sami and then the actress left for greener pastures.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2

Over 12 hours since I watched and I'm still rolling my eyes at Sam and her oh-so-clever Midwestern accent.  Which, totally unnecessary, but I guess that's supposed to illustrate what a crackerjack P.I. she is.

Also, her "he wasn't a nice guy so it was fine I took his money" defense was so obnoxious.  

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, her "he wasn't a nice guy so it was fine I took his money" defense was so obnoxious.  

I wish they'd stop with that. 

Also, Sam was all over the news with Aurora for a while, so it's not like the person who sent her the obituary didn't see her on TV or didn't see her picture in the paper. 

This story better be going somewhere where Jason isn't the one who will be running to her rescue. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

oh-so-clever Midwestern accent

The one that sounded like Miss Scarlett?  At least I can hear her when she does fake accents.  Her own voice, not so much.

Oh, she cheated men, lots of men, to help her brother.  Heart of gold.  Because, excuses.

2 hours ago, ciarra said:

The one that sounded like Miss Scarlett?  At least I can hear her when she does fake accents.  Her own voice, not so much.

Oh, she cheated men, lots of men, to help her brother.  Heart of gold.  Because, excuses.

I didn't think it sounded as classy as Miss Scarlett. I thought it sounded more like Britney Spears. Certainly more "straight out if the bayou" than Illinois.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Over 12 hours since I watched and I'm still rolling my eyes at Sam and her oh-so-clever Midwestern accent.  Which, totally unnecessary, but I guess that's supposed to illustrate what a crackerjack P.I. she is.

Usually she doesn’t even bother with an accent.  She just uses her whisper voice.

So based on today’s recaps Jasus the noble one is “sorry for Drew” yes yes yes of course.

• Love 1

Credit where credit's due, "infecting" Britt with a strain of pox that Faison apparently used on Tiffany* back in the day was a clever touch by Anna and Dr. Michael Easton, in that it appealed to Dr. O's history and vanity in addition to any maternal instinct she might have.  And good on Dr. O for not rolling over too easily, running her own test, etc.

Shut up, storyline about Sam's conwoman past.  I hate this so much already, it is the new body in Croton.

Oscar already has ELQ stock?

* Does Tiffany know her beloved nephew (who?) has a child?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

It's so embarrassing. Galena is in northwest part of the state, so if anything, the accent should be a flat Midwest one, not one with any sort of drawl. Gah.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, storyline about Sam's conwoman past.  I hate this so much already, it is the new body in Croton.

Same.

That meditation stuff Daisy and Oscar were doing wasn't that far out. It's not as if Oscar were levitating or something.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Now and forever.  This storyline was dumb enough when they did  it back in 2007.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Credit where credit's due, "infecting" Britt with a strain of pox that Faison apparently used on Tiffany* back in the day was a clever touch by Anna and Dr. Michael Easton, in that it appealed to Dr. O's history and vanity in addition to any maternal instinct she might have.  And good on Dr. O for not rolling over too easily, running her own test, etc.

* Does Tiffany know her beloved nephew (who?) has a child?

I agree with everything you posted. Sam's conwoman story is a snoozefest.  And why drag my Curtis into this?  Let him have a good story.  Let him and his new wife enjoy some time together.  Let him hang out with drew and grab a beer at the Floating Rib. Have him shooting hoops with TJ for all I care.  But give him a decent story that isn't proping a boring Sam story.

The whole OScar storyline is stupid.  It's stupid that they are going to cure a cancer that is a very real form out here in the real world that has a death sentence.  It is weird that his mom kept this from him.  It's weird that he is in a cult now. It's weird that he thinks he needs a will as a minor.  And, according to Google: "Anyone over 18 years of age can make a will, and everyone should have one. A wil lmade by a minor (a person under 18) is not valid unless it is made in contemplation of a marriage that takes place, the minor is married or the court has approved thewill under section 16 of the Act (see later)."

Episode had Sonny, Carly, and Jason, but they were barely there, so this is my second favorite episode of the week behind the one on Wednesday when they weren't on at all.  Maybe it was Tuesday.  I don't care enough to go look.

• Love 2

I've admittedly only watched with one eye open the past dew days, but I can't even begin to parse this web that's being created with Marcus/Yvonne/Sam/Daisy. It feels like a total waste of time to create a mystery around people we barely know, especially when there's dangling threads that have yet to be resolved with established characters. For instance, are Liz and Franco ever going to get hitched? We ever going to figure out the weirdness in Chase and Finn's family? Anything going to happen with baby Wiley other than Michael's endless brooding? Nah, why focus on that stuff when there's bullshit to uncover from Sam's past. 

I'm taking issue with Jason as the executor of Oscar's will, even though they have shared enough significant scenes to justify that choice. But this move coupled with Jason's newfound compassion and sympathy for Drew smacks of the show's attempt to polish St. Jason's halo and remind us of just how great a guy he is, lest we forget.

Drew shutting down Margaux was pretty spectacular and should have happened before now. Their half-baked relationship was never authentic on either end. And it's high time for that flash drive of memories to be put to good use or never be seen or spoken of again. It's been a year now, enough is enough.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

I've admittedly only watched with one eye open the past dew days, but I can't even begin to parse this web that's being created with Marcus/Yvonne/Sam/Daisy. It feels like a total waste of time to create a mystery around people we barely know, especially when there's dangling threads that have yet to be resolved with established characters. For instance, are Liz and Franco ever going to get hitched? We ever going to figure out the weirdness in Chase and Finn's family? Anything going to happen with baby Wiley other than Michael's endless brooding? Nah, why focus on that stuff when there's bullshit to uncover from Sam's past. 

I'm taking issue with Jason as the executor of Oscar's will, even though they have shared enough significant scenes to justify that choice. But this move coupled with Jason's newfound compassion and sympathy for Drew smacks of the show's attempt to polish St. Jason's halo and remind us of just how great a guy he is, lest we forget.

Drew shutting down Margaux was pretty spectacular and should have happened before now. Their half-baked relationship was never authentic on either end. And it's high time for that flash drive of memories to be put to good use or never be seen or spoken of again. It's been a year now, enough is enough.

Yes to all of this.  

• Love 1

I hope that Sam's brilliant Galena clue comes up as a dead end. They're still so indignant about Margaux questioning Mike about an actual crime that Jason brought it up yet again but she's find pumping Yvonne who is even further into her dementia. They're such hypocrites. For the first time ever I cheered Stella.

I'm sure Drew will be deeply grateful to Jason for putting the screws to Margaux.  Not.  STFU Jason, Drew doesn't need you to save him.

And why is Aiden's bullied story pushed on the backburner again?  We don't need any more made-up stories for Sam and Jason when so many with other characters aren't being done properly?

I know I'm supposed to think that Obrecht is a horrible person and needs to be in prison permanently but Anna and Finn are so smug and uncaring about  Britt that I can't stand them. If Obrecht is the only person who can develop the antidote, let her do it in Cuba. They have some first class medical facilities.

If Tony destroyed the antidote so no one could reverse engineer it and create the virus again, that implies that there was no more of the Tiber Pox virus. So how did Finn get some to infect Britt's blood?

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

This story better be going somewhere where Jason isn't the one who will be running to her rescue. 

I'm in awe of your optimism.

44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That meditation stuff Daisy and Oscar were doing wasn't that far out. It's not as if Oscar were levitating or something.

Just wait till Oscar decides to quit the drug trial since it could kill him and trust in meditation and good feelings instead.

47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Drew should as a grandson. But I thought that Edward's will to descendants stopped at that generation. But maybe it's under the same section that gave them to his cousin Michael.

But it's stupid anyway. An executor can't prevent people from fighting over them, that's what the will does. Oscar can leave the shares to his mother or both his parents and let Drew handle his family.  But of course Jason has to save the day and Drew gets sacrificed again.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And, according to Google: "Anyone over 18 years of age can make a will, and everyone should have one. A will made by a minor (a person under 18) is not valid unless it is made in contemplation of a marriage that takes place, the minor is married or the court has approved the will under section 16 of the Act (see later)."

I don't know why Jason is acting like a jerk about it. Just sign the papers.

I liked Oscar's comment about barfing up the BLT. Sometimes it's worth eating something you like even if you know it won't stay down. (But you also don't want to taint the good stuff. I can never eat custard-filled doughnuts again.)

I'm glad Kim apologized to Oscar, but she did more than keep the truth about his health from him: She let his tumor go untreated.

4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I  don't know why Margaux is getting so offended when people point out her terrible, true behavior. Going after Mike knowing he has Alzheimer's is pretty unforgivable, no matter whose father he is. And blackmailing Drew with his memories is equally reprehensible.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They're still so indignant about Margaux questioning Mike about an actual crime that Jason brought it up yet again but she's find pumping Yvonne who is even further into her dementia. They're such hypocrites.

They are, but it doesn't negate Margaux's gross behavior.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know I'm supposed to think that Obrecht is a horrible person and needs to be in prison permanently but Anna and Finn are so smug and uncaring about  Britt that I can't stand them.

Well said, that touched on something I was kinda thinking too.  Obviously, Dr. O has done horrible things to Anna and her children and a WSB agent has gotta do what they gotta do (see Anna drugging Jessica Tuck last year).  Buuut...LWB/FS did basically set up the circumstances that got Dr. O's son killed and now here's Anna and Dr. Michael Easton basically threatening Britt's life, with Dr. Michael Easton trying to blackmail her by saying he'd withhold treatment (nice doctoring, dick, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!?!).  And you add in how they led into this yesterday, with the two of them treating it like a romantic getaway and...yeah, not the best of looks?

Drew should as a grandson. But I thought that Edward's will to descendants stopped at that generation. But maybe it's under the same section that gave them to his cousin Michael.

Edward's will did extend to the great-grandchildren - Michael, Danny, Lila Rae, etc.  But...Edward's will was so long ago.  Did all the Q's have to hand back in all their proxies and have them reshuffled and distributed?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm glad Kim apologized to Oscar, but she did more than keep the truth about his health from him: She let his tumor go untreated.

She was told that it was untreatable (eyeroll) so she decided not to tell Oscar at all rather than tell him he was going to die in a couple of years. The current treatment is a trial and wasn't available at the time.

ETA:

Dr. Michael Easton trying to blackmail her by saying he'd withhold treatment (nice doctoring, dick, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!?!).

I wish she could report him to that AMA and get his license taken away for deliberately refusing to treat a patient who will die without it. Even pretending to do that is enough to lose his license.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm in awe of your optimism.

Well, you know, optimism until it gets bludgeoned to death. Like when they decided that Jason was now going to be part of Oscar's storyline as the executor of his will. Because you know, Jason doesn't have enough to do.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well, you know, optimism until it gets bludgeoned to death. Like when they decided that Jason was now going to be part of Oscar's storyline as the executor of his will. Because you know, Jason doesn't have enough to do.

I wonder how they'll cram Carly into Oscar's story.

ETA...that was a joke, but then I realized she kinda tangentially is because of Joss.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She was told that it was untreatable (eyeroll) so she decided not to tell Oscar at all rather than tell him he was going to die in a couple of years.

Ah, I either forgot or didn't know that. I agree with the eyeroll. Especially because it doesn't seem as if Kim kept up with any of the treatments until Oscar had a seizure at the Qs.

• Love 2

Why even bother with Jason and Drew?  All Drew does is look at him with disgust.

This Daisy stuff is hysterical.  I think Billy and Tamara were about to burst out laughing with those scenes today.

Edited by Hater
32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wish she could report him to that AMA and get his license taken away for deliberately refusing to treat a patient who will die without it. Even pretending to do that is enough to lose his license.

I thought his actual treatment of Britt was bad doctoring too, given he apparently did not tell her what he had injected her with until afterwards, and also kinda blackmailed her by saying he'd refuse to treat her for something he injected her with without her permission if she backed out of the scheme with Anna.

Ugh, fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton, HATE.

• Love 2

The rippling shockwaves from Kiki's death continue as Kristina says she is "kinda in a weird mood" because her brother's old girlfriend died. The emotion! 

29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh, fuckin' Dr. Michael Easton, HATE.

If he unbuttons his shirt one ore button down, will you hate him a little less? ;)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If he unbuttons his shirt one ore button down, will you hate him a little less? ;)

Well, if I barf on my screen, I won't be able to look at him so that might improve my feelings about him...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Despite not being an Obrecht fan, I'm laughing at Anna for thinking it was going to be that simple. She knows Obrecht isn't dumb.

Was it just me or did Laura Wright keep leaning her head in ways so her hair wouldn't fall behind her shoulder?

1 hour ago, Linny said:

For instance, are Liz and Franco ever going to get hitched? We ever going to figure out the weirdness in Chase and Finn's family?

I'm surprised that the latter has not gotten more attention, seeing as it involves Michael Easton. Must mean they have no idea where it's going. As opposed to other stores, where they sorta kinda have an idea where it's going, maybe. As for the former, the hellmouth isn't ready to open yet. :p

I guess Sleeping On-Screen Beauty could only do so much exposition before they had to give her her some sort of plot.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Despite not being an Obrecht fan, I'm laughing at Anna for thinking it was going to be that simple. She knows Obrecht isn't dumb.

She knows Frank will never fire Gati. Fixed that for you.

• Love 2

I know I'm supposed to think that Obrecht is a horrible person and needs to be in prison permanently but Anna and Finn are so smug and uncaring about  Britt that I can't stand them.

I just can't with Anna and Finn as a couple, but Britt isn't entitled to Anna caring about her welfare. Britt knows that her mother kept Robin a prisoner for years and deserves to be in prison, but her behavior toward Anna in those precinct scenes showed she didn't really care. She knows her mother has been an accomplice to Faison through his years of heinous activities. She was mocking/insulting her memories of 4-year-old Emma. She was gleefully asking Finn if he could picture Anna and Faison conceiving Peter, while having some awareness of the hell Anna has been through over the years due to Faison's obsession.  

• Love 4

The more and more I think about it, the more I get annoyed at Lassie needing to "look out for Drew."  That whole convo with Margo was a complete joke.  

There's no brotherly love there and it can stay that way.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

They're really pushing the St, Jasus, fixing things for Derw eve though Drew hates him, or maybe he's doing it for Sam to show how much he loooooves her even though they are the worst on screen. And of course he's the only one Oscar can trust with his shares because he rejects his Quartermaine heritage like the hero that he is.

Obrecht is not a good person but this is a case where 'the good guys' are so awful, I'm rooting for the villain. I think FH has lost touch with Anna's feelings for Robin and is only playing Anna determined to get revenge for Peter because she's feeling so guilty about abandoning him. The last time I cared about a Michael Easton character was in Total Recall 2070.  Anna and Finn are so smug and so lacking in empathy that my sympathy is with Obrecht.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

"Well don't look so surprised.  It's not like this is the first time I've come back from the dead."

Or the second. Or third. Or even fourth! Just how many times did he come back from the dead before he was really truly most sincerely dead? Of course it’s possible he still isn’t dead. But I’m not sure I want RB subjected to this show. Or if I want to be subjected to him again. His last stint was really bad.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Daisy is the one who is putting the screws to Sam?

I'm guessing there won't be a good explanation for this.  Really weird how Stella's group all got roped into this one.   "Let's merge a bunch of characters into one tangental storyline."

Tamara B. needs to stop that irritating crying that sounds like laughing.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1

They're really pushing the St, Jasus, fixing things for Derw eve though Drew hates him, or maybe he's doing it for Sam to show how much he loooooves her even though they are the worst on screen. And of course he's the only one Oscar can trust with his shares because he rejects his Quartermaine heritage like the hero that he is.

I will allow this if Jason being the executor of Oscar's will brings to light that Oscar isn't Drew's son and therefore not a Q. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

The rippling shockwaves from Kiki's death continue as Kristina says she is "kinda in a weird mood" because her brother's old girlfriend died. The emotion! 

Did she specifically say her brother's ex-gf? GH can't do the logical thing and have Kristina say she is concerned that her little sister Avery is going to be sad/not understand that she'll never see big sis Kiki again,  because she understands Kiki had a significant role in Avery's life? 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Daisy is the one who is putting the screws to Sam?

I am unusually intrigued. I know she will ultimately fail because of Sonny/Carly/Jason, but I'm wondering the angle.

Show will say Holistic Bad Medicine Good, but positive thoughts can't hurt.

I'm wondering if the cult is targeting Kristina specifically.

• Love 1
On 12/5/2018 at 4:28 PM, rur said:

I dunno, when he confronted Chase and pretty much demanded that he be informed of the progress of Kiki's death investigation, I thought he was definitely proving he had become Sonny's son.  I thought he was also definitely being Sonny's boy when he was explaining how Kiki was family but seemed to have forgotten that he'd been involved with her as well.

And Edward Quartermaine's great grandson - Edward was always threatening the PCPD because he was rich and friends with the mayor.

• Love 2

I'm a little confused.  Aiden is being bullied.  Elizabeth and Laura don't know whose bullying him.  Charlotte has a bullying problem.  Does Lulu not talk to her mother about Charlotte?  Could she not put 2 and 2 together? The teacher tells Lulu that she is targeting one specific child.  I assume Aiden. Why hasn't the teacher brought all the parents together?  Does she know they are cousins?  How could Lulu even dare to tell the teacher that her and Valentin's schedule have not aligned yet to discuss a very serious problem with their child?  What a sucky mother.  I realize that their situation is not typical.  They never had a relationship.  They didn't choose to have a child.  But, still, this is the situation.  Put Charlotte's needs first.  

And teacher wants Charlotte to go to a new school. So, I assume this is a private school.  For some reason, I find it odd that Elizabeth is sending her son to a private school.  Is Franco paying for this?

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 2

So did Valentini think they were going to be able to snag Stephen Nichols, showed the man with the Cassadine ring in the car, and just drop it when they didn't get him after all? Sigh.

• Love 6