Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I hate this story line with Aiden being bullied at school. Why is it taking  SO LONG to figure this out and help this child?! I know this is a soap and they drag out the sorriest, saddest stories but this is a little boy who’s so unhappy that he won’t go to school. Bullying is a hot topic in the US now, as it should be, so why is this being dragged out like this? Please resolve this in the corrrect way!

• Love 4

I’m a day behind, but Anna: encouraging your boyfriend to fly to Italy to see his ex is insane

I was a spotty viewer during Greenlee's tenure...can anyone fill me in on the baby thing? I knew she was pregnant but am not super clear on the ending...how much evidence did we have of a miscarriage? Was she just like, "lost the baby, I'm out"? How much of a stretch will it be when she inevitably shows up with a toddler? (Unspoiled, but have watched soaps before). 

Also, Peter and Maxie have less chemistry than any couple I've seen on this show in years and that is saying something. 

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Aiden being bullied at school. Why is it taking  SO LONG to figure this out and help this child?! I know this is a soap and they drag out the sorriest, saddest stories but this is a little boy who’s so unhappy that he won’t go to school. Bullying is a hot topic in the US now,

Yeah, in the old days, all you got was "suck it up, Buttercup."

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

I knew she was pregnant but am not super clear on the ending...how much evidence did we have of a miscarriage?

Some guy had some skeleton in the closet-you're going to jail when it comes out, kind of info on her.  She didn't want to drag Finn down with her, so she told him she miscarried and ran.  They then showed her, still pregnant, wherever she was hiding out.  So there's a Fayden baby/toddler out there.  

Photo from Facebook

image.thumb.png.fe40dd94a08072beb8f136318f809dd3.png

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

I’m a day behind, but Anna: encouraging your boyfriend to fly to Italy to see his ex is insane

I was a spotty viewer during Greenlee's tenure...can anyone fill me in on the baby thing? I knew she was pregnant but am not super clear on the ending...how much evidence did we have of a miscarriage? Was she just like, "lost the baby, I'm out"? How much of a stretch will it be when she inevitably shows up with a toddler? (Unspoiled, but have watched soaps before). 

Also, Peter and Maxie have less chemistry than any couple I've seen on this show in years and that is saying something. 

I that the award for a no chemistry relationship goes to Jason and Sam, those two make Peter and Maxie look like red hot lovers.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Hater said:

Carly in the preview "this is the leverage we need!" with her two stooges.  I'm sure the men will roll their eyes and talk her down.

Is that about Ava or Margaux, I wonder. In any case, Carly's look of joyous glee made me wretch. One woman just lost her daughter (and this is coming from someone who LOATHES Ava) and the other never had a father because Snarly's husband killed him. You really can't take the trailer park out of the girl, can you?

12 hours ago, Perkie said:

Some guy had some skeleton in the closet-you're going to jail when it comes out, kind of info on her.  She didn't want to drag Finn down with her, so she told him she miscarried and ran.  They then showed her, still pregnant, wherever she was hiding out.  So there's a Fayden baby/toddler out there.  

Photo from Facebook

Dear god I hope not. I still pray for a late miscarriage. Harsh but Hayden was a fave of mine and the fact that her womb had to be sacrificed to accomodate ME's 69th character will never gel with me. And I still hope she's screwing her Notdead husband  Nik somewhere in the greek isles.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2

I dunno, when I murder someone, I bring a knife from my own apartment.  Then I take it back to the apartment, where I don't own bleach or water, wrap it up and hide it in my closet.  Then I take the body to the harbor, and don't even consider dumping the knife, well, anywhere.  In the water, in a dumpster.  And the cops are flummoxed.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Bawoman said:

Is that about Ava or Margaux, I wonder. In any case, Carly's look of joyous glee made me wretch. One woman just lost her daughter (and this is coming from someone who LOATHES Ava) and the other never had a father because Snarly's husband killed him. You really can't take the trailer park out of the girl, can you?

That is an insult to people that live in trailer parks.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

That is an insult to people that live in trailer parks.

It's a reference to how SJB's Carly used to refer to herself. Carly has always desired and valued money and power because she didn't have it as she was growing up. She felt that trailer park living was low-class. She was a young schemer, determined to "prove" that she belonged in mother Bobbie's world of doctors and nurses as well as other rich and powerful people, many of whom were well educated. She glossed over the important detail that Tony, Monica, Alan, Justus, Alexis, etc. all could do well for themselves regardless of being part of wealthy families because they had graduated from med or law school. They went on to be successful in their professions. Carly didn't go to school for years and then get a loan to start her own business; she co-owns and runs the hotel as a result of her marriage to Jax. The money she had before that came from her relationships with/marriages to Sonny, AJ and Jason. One of the reasons (although not said explicitly) that she has resented Robin and Elizabeth is that the Port Charles residents (and Jax, too) these three women have in common respect that R&E went to school to become medical professionals, and have worked as a doctor and nurse for more than a decade now. Deep down, Carly knows Jason will never respect her like he does R&E.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's a reference to how SJB's Carly used to refer to herself. Carly has always desired and valued money and power because she didn't have it as she was growing up. She felt that trailer park living was low-class. She was a young schemer, determined to "prove" that she belonged in mother Bobbie's world of doctors and nurses as well as other rich and powerful people, many of whom were well educated. She glossed over the important detail that Tony, Monica, Alan, Justus, Alexis, etc. all could do well for themselves regardless of being part of wealthy families because they had graduated from med or law school. They went on to be successful in their professions. Carly didn't go to school for years and then get a loan to start her own business; she co-owns and runs the hotel as a result of her marriage to Jax. The money she had before that came from her relationships with/marriages to Sonny, AJ and Jason. One of the reasons (although not said explicitly) that she has resented Robin and Elizabeth is that the Port Charles residents (and Jax, too) these three women have in common respect that R&E went to school to become medical professionals, and have worked as a doctor and nurse for more than a decade now. Deep down, Carly knows Jason will never respect her like he does R&E.

Carly gleefully wanting to get "leverage" on women that have gone through has nothing to do with being raised in a trailer park and everything to do with the fact she has borderline personality disorder. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Carly gleefully wanting to get "leverage" on women that have gone through has nothing to do with being raised in a trailer park and everything to do with the fact she has borderline personality disorder. 

Absolutely. That's the point - people see/saw her as low-class because of her personality and her scheming, not because of where she grew up or how much money she had/has.  She refuses to acknowledge that truth, and instead maintained that people looked down on her - often with contempt - because they were rich snob elitists. I still think that the reason Luke would call her "Caroline" or "sweet Caroline" in sarcasm when they had one-one-one scenes was to make the point that "Carly" is an identity she created for herself when she began her new Port Charles life - at heart she always was and always will be a low-class thinking schemer. It has nothing do with how much money she has, where she lived as a child or where she lives now.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:
20 hours ago, Perkie said:

Photo from Facebook

Is it me or does that look like chocolate frosting on that (cake cutting) knife? lo

It's probably from Haley's goodbye cake!!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, LillyB said:

I that the award for a no chemistry relationship goes to Jason and Sam, those two make Peter and Maxie look like red hot lovers.

You mean to tell me this isn't this scorching red alert chemistry as FV likes to call it?

<counting down the seconds till it's over> look.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 6.20.03 PM.png

Edited by Hater
  • Love 9
On 11/28/2018 at 3:54 PM, LexieLily said:

I wonder if it was anything like when Dr. Romano on ER was crushed by a falling helicopter. Lol

GH had it's own Dr. Romano in Katherine Bell, the recipient of the infamous Kat Splat and Kat Splat 2:  Electric Boogaloo.  The writing on this one was so lazy that not only did she get pushed off a parapet twice (the second time was fatal), she got pushed off THE SAME PARAPET by THE SAME PERSON!

On 11/27/2018 at 5:43 PM, Ryan Chamberlain said:

Yep. I nominate Kim for Ryan's next kill. 

I nominate Sam.  If all she is going to be is Jason's doormat, kill her off and least create some short term drama over Jason and Drew either a.) at loggerheads, b.) coming together, or c.) a. followed by b.  I'd nominate Jason, except as we all know he's fucking indestructible.

On 11/28/2018 at 12:56 PM, Ryan Chamberlain said:

And, when she finds out she screwed her daughter's killer....(new promo is out) She is gonna have a conniption. Is it wrong that I hope Ryan knocks her up? Cause I do. I hope he knocks her up. 

Oooooh, goody!  Then we can place bets on the over/under of how long it will take for Sonny and Carly to rip that child away from her and add to their collection!

On 11/28/2018 at 5:45 PM, YaddaYadda said:

In a way, I think it's too bad that they decided to have Joss change Oscar's mind about his treatment, because a Kiki's death, even though he did not know her could have been the kick in the ass he needed. A young woman, with her whole life ahead of her, senselessly murdered. She did not have a tumor eating away at her brain, and when she was getting ready for the wedding, she did not think she would be dead the following hour. Life is random and holds by a thread for everyone. 

Oscar is a teenager.  Those kinds of life lessons tend to fly right over their heads.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:33 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

They didn't know who it was, but they knew it was a dead body, so Jordan having *any* doctor in there contaminated the crime scene.  Once he flipped her over?  Yeah, Diane/Alexis/Scotty would have a field day with having any evidence thrown out of court.

Eh, having loved ones/relatives/SOs/etc. deeply involved in criminal investigations/trials/operations/the like that IRL they wouldn't be allowed anywhere near is a well-established soap opera trope.  I'm inclined to let it slide.

Edited by yowsah1
4 hours ago, Perkie said:
7 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Is it me or does that look like chocolate frosting on that (cake cutting) knife? lo

It's probably from Haley's goodbye cake!!

Well, it has to be said - does this mean poor Kiki was a victim of...death by chocolate?  I'll be here all week folks!  And please, remember to tip your waiter!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Hater said:

You mean to tell me this isn't this scorching red alert chemistry as FV likes to call it?

<counting down the seconds till it's over> look.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 6.20.03 PM.png

Ironically, this is the same look on my face when I watch GH. Just a mixture of confusion, disgust, and apathy.

• Love 4

I watched Franco's reaction to Kiki's death a few times now and it wasn't good.  Roger was terrible.  Kin also has never been much of an actor and it showed.

The whole thing was just badly directed and acted.

The only reason to watch GH imo is to see what MW may do with the material, whether it's good or bad acting in your opinion.  At least she is alive in her scenes and shows up to work no matter how horrible the material is.  Everyone else is a mess and every story is terrible.  Jean Passanate looks like a genius compared to wanna be Ron CVE.  Awful.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I think the entire section where Scott went to tell Franco about Kiki was really badly written as well as acted and directed and I was super disappointed by that. However the later scenes with them at the apartment and Franco with Ava were really good. These were obviously not written by the same person.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

I’d say the same for LW and NLG.

I'll give them credit too.  NLG just seems to not give a crap about what she's doing on GH these days when she used to go "hard" for her character.  You can tell she's perfectly content on Alexis being wallpaper.

5 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

That's unfair to people with borderline personality disorder who have an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image, and behavior view things in extremes as all good or all bad but can flip easily so that a person who was viewed as all good one day becomes an enemy the next. They have intense, unstable relationships and may self-harm such as cutting.  There is usually a lot of pain in their backgrounds.

The narcissistic personality, on the other hand has "a grandiose sense of importance, preoccupation with unlimited success, belief that one is special and unique, exploitative of others, lack of empathy, arrogance, and jealousy of others."

Dialectic Behavior Therapy has helped people with BPD.  Narcissists, on the other hand ....

4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I still think that the reason Luke would call her "Caroline" or "sweet Caroline" in sarcasm when they had one-one-one scenes was to make the point that "Carly" is an identity she created for herself when she began her new Port Charles life - at heart she always was and always will be a low-class thinking schemer. It has nothing do with how much money she has, where she lived as a child or where she lives now.

The only thing I liked about Later Years Luke was how he had no time at all for Carly's pretensions and entitlement, possibly because Geary had the power not to have to bow down to Carly . I wish there were someone like that on the show now.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's unfair to people with borderline personality disorder who have an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image, and behavior view things in extremes as all good or all bad but can flip easily so that a person who was viewed as all good one day becomes an enemy the next. They have intense, unstable relationships and may self-harm such as cutting.  There is usually a lot of pain in their backgrounds.

The narcissistic personality, on the other hand has "a grandiose sense of importance, preoccupation with unlimited success, belief that one is special and unique, exploitative of others, lack of empathy, arrogance, and jealousy of others."

Dialectic Behavior Therapy has helped people with BPD.  Narcissists, on the other hand ....

The only thing I liked about Later Years Luke was how he had no time at all for Carly's pretensions and entitlement, possibly because Geary had the power not to have to bow down to Carly . I wish there were someone like that on the show now.

I have read the criteria for BDP, and the way Sarah Brown approached Carly when she was first introduced is exactly how it is reads when describing the disorder. I should point out, she was abandoned by her adoptive father and statutorial raped by her best friend's father at 16 (of all the bullshit recon backstories that happen on this show, it was one few that actually explained a lot of present day behavior).

• Love 1

But I think if Sarah Brown again assumed the role in 2019, or in any of the last ten years leading up, she would be closer to Wright's portrayal than to her own from 1996-2001. Laura Wright inherited a very different character. Brown's Carly was an insecure, low-self-esteem schemer and user with an eye on the main chance. Wright's is (insert a "blech" following every separate item I'm about to name) a successful businesswoman, a pillar of the community, a middle-aged mother with a good relationship with her own mother, someone old and young alike have been sucking up to for years. If Brown took over the role again and played Carly's insecurity, it wouldn't make much sense. She'd be loud, aggressive, and full of herself. She was already getting that way toward the end of her run, when she knew Sonny would fix everything for her. 

Of course, he would also send her to her room. In fact, that was the last thing Sarah Brown played in her last episode. Feebly protesting being sent to her room, and then scampering up the stairs when Sonny threw something and said, "You think I'm kidding?" or similar. Love in the afternoon! 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Hater said:

The only reason to watch GH imo is to see what MW may do with the material, whether it's good or bad acting in your opinion.  At least she is alive in her scenes and shows up to work no matter how horrible the material is.  Everyone else is a mess and every story is terrible.  Jean Passanate looks like a genius compared to wanna be Ron CVE.  Awful.

The problem with MW imo is that she can't do subtlety...she's good at the big scenes where you know exactly what's she supposed to be playing, and she was great on Thursday..but nuance is not her strong suit...nuance and vulnerability, since she comes across as less self loathing , as she should, and more self pitying. She plays all her cards up front, so she doesn't surprise or intrigue me. Actually, LW is sort of the same, though she sometimes manages better with vulnerability.

Not that most, if any, on the show fare much better. Sbu, Kemo and often Mo when he's bored, are the other extreme..they try to pass of bored/sleepy face as subtlety and comes across as ..well, bored and sleepy.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hello friends!  I have returned, and I have questions:

1) How was the Q Thanksgiving?  Was Monica happy?

2) Did Britt show up last week?

3) Am I to understand that Keeks is finally no more? 

1) Super cute, though mileage may vary.  Classic pizza-related misadventures. First they sang, then they ate, etc.

2) She was on Thursday for sure.

3) Correct.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2018 at 7:40 PM, yowsah1 said:
On 11/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, Ryan Chamberlain said:

I nominate Kim for Ryan's next kill. 

I nominate Sam. 

Can't it be a guy this time?  BM looks like he want someone to kill him.  Franco is a frontrunner.  Griffin?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, ciarra said:

BM looks like he want someone to kill him.  

He so does. I don't blame him. I think Drew could somehow manage to fight him off though. Wimpy useless Griff though? Have at 'im, Ryan.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

I think Drew could somehow manage to fight him off though.

Not if Ryan roofied (ruffied?) him first.  He must have pills left over from the ones he was handing out to Ava.

• Love 1

Yeah, IDK. Admittedly I only watched the one minute clip with Ava unzipping the body bag. But I felt nothing. I thought Maura did okay with the "that's not my daughter" but then she did the Nancy Lee Grahn thing and went OTT and it just wasn't good. It doesn't help of course, that Kiki and Ava had a rotten relationship.  

It's not because I've always hated Ava though-because I hate Sonny just as much and MB has moved me to tears in the past. I think as someone else said, the scene should have been just Ava and Kiki, maybe her talking to her, or something....it just felt rushed and unemotional-the exact opposite of how it should have been handled.

Hayley Erin left on her own, right ? Good for her. 

Now, unless Britt is going to be back on, back to ignoring GH for me.

• Love 2

I finally got to see Thursday’s episode with Ava and Kiki’s body, and holy crap was Maura West powerful in that scene. She made me weepy, which this show NEVER does. (The last time I felt emotion like that, Felicia was falling apart over the identity of Maxie’s heart donor.)  I’m just sorry Keeks couldn’t have been sleeping with someone else. Because now MC is gonna be front and center for awhile, and if anybody can drag down a scene, it’s him.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bawoman said:
  6 hours ago, ciarra said:

BM looks like he want someone to kill him.  

After his time at Y&R, I have to wonder if Billy was looking forward to GH as a fresh start with an interesting character and is pissed off at how things turned out.  If he, Kelly, and Steve are all ticked off because no one is getting what they want, it's actually kind of ironic - neither are the viewers.  If anyone ever asked me to name one single thing that is wrong with GH the answer would be simple: for the last 15 years or show this soap has been all about what the show runners (and sometimes actors) want and the fans are just a necessary evil.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 4

Cohen/Griffin is a strange case. "They" don't seem to like the actor. He's had just about the least flattering writing of anyone on contract. The character always seems to be flailing, out of his league, overmatched. He never gets any big wins. Cohen is a great-looking guy in his mid thirties, and the outline of the character was promising (although the priesthood was an unnecessary layer of complication; they should have just made him generally religious/spiritual). I've thought his acting on this show has ranged from satisfactory to far less, but worse actors have achieved daytime pet status.    

Griffin is just such a thorough dud that I have a hard time understanding it.  

I don't have much to say about Friday's show, other than to echo that the pitchfork parade to the police station is a little much. You would think all these people who have lived in Port Charles for years would have more of an open mind about the first suspect arrested. I did like Valentin's skepticism.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

After his time at Y&R, I have to wonder if Billy was looking forward to GH as a fresh start with an interesting character

Then he moved to the wrong soap. I can't think of a character introduced in the past decade that has been interesting. This show is TERRIBLE at incorporating poeple into it.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Griffin is just such a thorough dud that I have a hard time understanding it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been able to hang on because he's so good-looking. That age group of men is basically him and LWB/FS.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That age group of men is basically him and LWB/FS.

And Chase, who I have hopes for.  It's easy to forget about Michael but I'm afraid he's going to be the other part of the triangle with Chase and Willow.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That age group of men is basically him and LWB/FS.

And Chase, who I have hopes for.  It's easy to forget about Michael but I'm afraid he's going to be the other part of the triangle with Chase and Willow.

Oh, yeah, Chase. Heh. 

Of course Michael will be in a triangle with him and Willow, and no prizes for assuming Michael will win. (I guess Michael has to be part of the thirtysomething crowd since there's barely a twentysomething crowd. Maxie's all who's left, right?)

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

2) She [Britt] was on Thursday for sure.

So I did track these scenes down, but I could barely enjoy my girl because Anna and Dr. Michael Easton were so annoying.  The show really thinks they're cute bantering and being assholes to Britt, but I don't find it cute at all.  And now Anna, Anna Devane, has to compete with Rebecca Budig?  C'mon, girl.

But at least I was rewarded with DR. O, IN A FIERCLY BEACHY HAT, WITH RAD EARRINGS! I love that she's living a Helena life, in some exotic locale with male minions doing her bidding.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ciarra said:

Can't it be a guy this time?  BM looks like he want someone to kill him.  Franco is a frontrunner.  Griffin?

I nominate Valentine.  "The one Cassadine Helena was afraid of" my eye.  Cameron could probably kick his butt.  I nominate Kevin to kill Valentine but before he can do anything with the body, Nik walks in, takes one look at the situation and says, "I've really enjoyed how we just spent the past 6 hours on my yacht, right stepdad?" with a way overdone wink. Frame Nina.

• Love 4

Does SCPD have a revolving door into that interrogation room? It explains so much.

Jason: "Danny got to see the parade and he and Scout had pizza at the Quartermaines."   Sam: "They did?"  Seriously? I don't care how sick Sam was, and she wasn't that sick when Kristina showed up, not knowing where your children are for more than a day after Thanksgiving is bad parenting. And Jason had to have a picture from Monica to know where they are? Such a wonderful couple.

Sonny is convinced that Griffin didin't do it.  Because he was a priest? Or because he's Team Sonny? Wait, I know, just like Sonny he blames the fallout from his own actions on everyone else.

Jason thinks that Griffin didn't do it because he helped him out in Russia.  SO DID AVA. Asshole.

Someone just stop the "Margaux knows her mother killed her father". Just stop.

• Love 10

Oh. My. Gosh.  No, show.  No.  
Jason: "Griffin? He helped me out in Russia. He didn't even know me.  He just did it to be kind. There's nothing about that guy that is violent."

But Ava, who initiated helping you without knowing you is scum of the earth?  Shut up, Jason.

• Love 20