Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think JMB was by far the better actress, but they were already downplaying her and giving her baby writing before she left. I think if she had been around, and TG had stuck around, she would have possibly caused Lulu to be more prominent as a character, especially if FV stuck her with an actor of his choosing. However, without those two things I doubt her Lulu would have fared any better under FV. FV trying to cut GF to recurring shows how much FV cares for most GH characters.

Why was Spinelli bundled in 12 layers?

What Frank and Ron did with Lulu from the jump was so ridiculous. I couldn't believe they did that to Berman or the character, and that's even though I was not Julie Berman's biggest fan by the end. Rylan's had it even worse, of course - no ability to do anything with depth.

Edited by jsbt
Just now, ulkis said:

I think JMB was by far the better actress, but they were already downplaying her and giving her baby writing before she left. I think if she had been around, and TG had stuck around, she would have possibly caused Lulu to be more prominent as a character, especially if FV stuck her with an actor of his choosing. However, without those two things I doubt her Lulu would have fared any better under FV. FV trying to cut GF to recurring shows how much FV cares for most GH characters.

Why was Spinelli bundled in 12 layers?

Being as the show knew in the summer of 2012 that Julie was leaving, I have always wondering if the silliness of her last few months of baby writing was a holding tactic until she left.  Speaking of the baby saga, the first part of it wasn't bad - the thinking Lulu was pregnant  - learning she wasn't - and then eventually learning she couldn't carry a child -  actually had some sensitive acting moments - some scenes with heart and depth.  Then they got into the adoption/surrogacy mess and the story - and Lulu - went downhill after that.  

But, as far as Lulu as a character goes, I have always figured that the rather haphazard way the character was recast showed how little interest FV had in her.  

6 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What Frank and Ron did with Lulu from the jump was so ridiculous. I couldn't believe they did that to Berman or the character, and that's even though I was not Julie Berman's biggest fan by the end. Rylan's had it even worse, of course - no ability to do anything with depth.

I think Julie could still find ways to rescue some mundane material.  In fact, in the past five years, there have a number of times that I've said:  "I would have liked to see what Julie would have done with these scenes."  But being able to ace a few scenes doesn't make for a well-developed character.  The writers and, apparently the EP, need to care and to give more than scattered scenes.  

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

DrewJason didn't force her to sleep with him.  He was even more horrified than Sam to find out he wasn't the real Jason. That takes away the gross factor for me.

Given Sam's history, it really shouldn't. And that's not about Drew "forcing" her, he obviously didn't. But she had to spend a good chunk of her days (for days on end) reassuring him that he was her husband and she loved him and it was fine, and he never took a moment to recognize the fact that this was a violation - not committed by him, but that's not really the point. Because no matter how much she loves him now, she slept with him the first time and every time since because she thought she was reuniting with her husband. 

Drew was wronged too, and so was Jason but there has been full recognition of that - especially by Sam, but AFAIK the same hasn't been true for Sam

"And trust me, there are going to be a looot of appointments." Wow, what a great seduction plan Nelle has put into motion. There's nothing hotter than hearing you'll be going to a lot of doctor's appointments together.

Curtis looked great in that coat.

Anna has Obrecht listed as "Liesl" on her phone? Well isn't that chummy.

Oh, anyone know anything about a Donny Sheldon? Saw that he was a new scriptwriter today.

Edited by ulkis
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

"And trust me, there are going to be a looot of appointments." Wow, what a great seduction plan Nelle has put into motion. There's nothing hotter than hearing you'll be going to a lot of doctor's appointments together.

Anna has Obrecht listed as "Liesl" on her phone? Well isn't that chummy.

Oh, anyone know anything about a Donny Sheldon? Saw that he was a new scriptwriter today.

Other than he is Felix's boyfriend, I know nothing. 

55 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Drew was wronged too, and so was Jason but there has been full recognition of that - especially by Sam, but AFAIK the same hasn't been true for Sam

Robin's "not what she thought" line to Jason on the bridge re: Sam about Drew may be the closest to full recognition that Sam will get in this storyline.

6 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

Can we please ship Spin back to Portland? God I hate that character.

Sam started the day off looking like she was heading to an execution instead of a wedding. Although, if I was wearing that dress, I might have that reaction.

Sam/Drew's vows were very sweet, and Danny was adorable.

Sam's hair and dress gave me Loretta Lynn vibes.  

15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Great, now I have Coal Miner's Daughter stuck in my head! ;-)

LOL at Scout not being at the wedding.  Guess they didn't want to pay the twins. 

Favorite moment of the day was Monica telling Drew she wants to adopt him.  I know she'll continue to be mostly back-burnered, but I am so happy that she has a child back who loves, respects and actually thinks about her.   Very sweet.

Second LOL moment of the day was Carly's face when she saw that Monica invited Nelle to dinner.  I know Carly (and Sonny) will end up the "winners" in however this scenario plays out (because OF COURSE they will), so moments like that are welcomed.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

and I am still going with Drew is better in the sack and she just doesn't want to say it our loud !

Drew was all about whispering "not tonight" in Sam's ear when Curtis said "may you rest easy tonight." 

Cut to Jasus crying on the bridge.

The imagery is hysterical...I don't think we're suppose to laugh though.

Edited by Hater
2 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

the need to better develop successive generations of soap families. 

They need to stop bringing in long-lost family members and concentrate on the younger ones.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Rowr. But then, Curtis usually looks pretty great.

25 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It was all very un-Sam, I thought.

I had to laugh (ruefully) that Lulu thought Laura was there to talk to her about Lulu's life. Typical self-involved Lulu.

LOL at Sonny's reaction to Michael is Nelle's baby's father. Also, I raged when Sonny said Michael and Nelle could find a way to co-parent. Like Sonny does with Ava? Ugh.

6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Second LOL moment of the day was Carly's face when she saw that Monica invited Nelle to dinner. 

That was very satisfying, as was Carly finding out Sam and Drew had gotten married without her knowing.

It was a little weird when Alexis told Laura she understood family came first when said family is Spencer, Alexis's great-nephew.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Favorite moment of the day was Monica telling Drew she wants to adopt him.

I assume Monica knows the 411 on adopting adults from when Alan adopted Skye, heh.  I kinda hope this is a roundabout way for Drew (and therefore Sam and Scout) to take the Quartermaine name.

ETA...oh, stupid Oscar.  Eh, he can keep Kim's last name for all I care.  Although the idea of Carly's head exploding when she overhears Joss introducing her boyfriend as "Oscar Quartermaine" kinda makes me swoon.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Sonny's reaction to Michael is Nelle's baby's father. Also, I raged when Sonny said Michael and Nelle could find a way to co-parent. Like Sonny does with Ava? Ugh.

Sonny's idea of co-parenting is to take the baby away and taunt the losing parent.  That's what he's done with Michael, Joss and now Avery.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh (ruefully) that Lulu thought Laura was there to talk to her about Lulu's life. Typical self-involved Lulu.

And then she told Ned that Laura didn't want to talk to him, and Laura's all "No, wait, I do want to talk to him."  Lulu really is Luke's offspring.

I wonder if Jason would have let Monica adopt him if she hadn't already. Or let Oscar into the family.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Why was Sam dressed like Lila from 1980/1990? Now, that Billy Miller has manscaped he looks just like Steve Burton. He can’t seem to make up his mind. One day he has a hairy chest and then the next day he shaves it all off. I wonder if it’s a FV or KM or BM preference?! That said, he looks awesome with the beard. Now, I can tell him and Steve Burton apart. LOL!!!!!

46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny's idea of co-parenting is to take the baby away and taunt the losing parent.  That's what he's done with Michael, Joss and now Avery.

He and Valentin should hold meetings.

7 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

No, it's the actress.  I've been bemoaning JMB's exit since the day she left and ER became the replacement.  JMB was spunky, just like you'd expect a daughter of Luke and Laura Spencer to be.  Plus she looked like Laura.  This other one.......meh.  And her vocal fry drives me up a wall.  I feel no connection at all  between her and Laura or Luke.  But maybe that's just me.  ------   Today wasn't GF's last  episode, was it?  Maybe I  misread something farther up about that.   --------   And I know that Faison is the evilest evil-doer who ever evilled, but I love him!  Or rather, love to hate him.  Anders Hove has absolutely owned that character for decades.  I squealed when I saw him in the previews. 

THIS TOTALLY, LADYRAIN !!!!!! 

Not care for EM as Lulu.   

My daughter and I reacted the SAME when Anders showed up in the previews !!!  Ditto what you wrote about him - YAAAAAY !!!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Totally. She's usually got the girls on full display.  I'm not a fan of mock turtlenecks in general, but on a lace wedding dress?!  Double NO, not in this decade/century, at least.  I'd say that the show was subtly giving psychological hints that maybe Sam was "buttoning up" with Drew because her true heart/body belong to Jason - but we know they never think that deeply about anything like that on GH.

And the  hair.  Samantha, curls are not your friend.

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Totally. She's usually got the girls on full display.  I'm not a fan of mock turtlenecks in general, but on a lace wedding dress?!  Double NO, not in this decade/century, at least.  I'd say that the show was subtly giving psychological hints that maybe Sam was "buttoning up" with Drew because her true heart/body belong to Jason - but we know they never think that deeply about anything like that on GH.

And the  hair.  Samantha, curls are not your friend.

and, it's odd because she was all sexy for the first wedding to Jason/Drew. It's almost like she wanted to be conservative for Drew. I can imagine that KM looked in the mirror during the fittings and said, "Yeah, this is a great look for leather bike riding Sam!".

24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

and, it's odd because she was all sexy for the first wedding to Jason/Drew. It's almost like she wanted to be conservative for Drew. I can imagine that KM looked in the mirror during the fittings and said, "Yeah, this is a great look for leather bike riding Sam!".

I know.  This look was such a stark departure from usual that I almost - almost - want to give the show credit for doing it intentionally.  But we know they're not that smart.  ------   This is not who Sam is.  It may be who she wishes she was - for her children's sake - but deep down she's the leather jacket wearing, bike riding, boob baring, head-to-toe in black duds chick she's always been.  I could say she's changed; 'evolved' - but she looked so tentative and doubtful during her vows that I think she's doing this because she thinks it's what she should do; that this life is what she should want.  But in her heart of hearts, Sonny-worshipping, gun-toting, dangerous Jason is who she really loves.

KM helped design the last wedding dress she was in, so I'm not too sure this wasn't exactly something she didn't want in terms of a dress for Sam.  But we'd have to get the commentary on that.

13 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I know.  This look was such a stark departure from usual that I almost - almost - want to give the show credit for doing it intentionally.  But we know they're not that smart.  ------   This is not who Sam is.  It may be who she wishes she was - for her children's sake - but deep down she's the leather jacket wearing, bike riding, boob baring, head-to-toe in black duds chick she's always been.  I could say she's changed; 'evolved' - but she looked so tentative and doubtful during her vows that I think she's doing this because she thinks it's what she should do; that this life is what she should want.  But in her heart of hearts, Sonny-worshipping, gun-toting, dangerous Jason is who she really loves.

I actually thought the plot of the wedding was that Sam was going to back out. She looked like a total wreck and I thought KM was playing/acting as if Sam didn't really want to marry Drew at that moment. She wants to be his wife but the way it was playing out it looked like she wanted to back out. Then all of the sudden they exchanged vows (where she looked like she was having a breakdown) and, then they came back from commerical and everyone was toasting the couple and then they were in bed getting to business.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They need to stop bringing in long-lost family members and concentrate on the younger ones.

We appear to be on the same page when it comes to developing  younger members of core families. 

However, are you saying that NONE of those new core family members should be characters long-lost to those families???   If so, I don't agree. 

While I do agree that this "long-lost" device should be used sparingly, it can also be used occasionally to bring needed new blood into a family or story - or even to mix up the gene pool.  A FEW new faces can enrich a soap - if introduced gradually into the family and community - especially if seeming to appear because there is a story-line and family purpose beyond being a plot point  or being another actor a boss wants to feature.  

As an example of what works for me, I will turn to Days, which has been doing a better job than GH, of sustaining core families, gradually acting characters to these families and, thereby, creating a better sense of generational community.   But then Days has better-established core families with which to work.  Yes, some characters have moved away; some of the oldest characters play a less prominent role; some characters leave and come back.  But, regardless of this natural ebb and flow, I can watch this show and still feel that Horton, Brady, Dimera, Kiriakis families and their friends are well-presented across generations.  

Examples in the past few years in the younger set are Lani, long time character Abe Carver's daughter and Eli, a young man with a viable Horton-family connection.  

This type of new family character introduction into established families can be done!   We can have our Lucases, Serenas, Brooklyns - and still add the occasional Valerie in the mix.  But, to feature ANY of these characters, management has to be willing to better balance the overall cast - both in numbers and in screen time.   One way to start doing this would be to ease up on some of the terribly repeititive dialogue we hear and see with some characters ... and to hire fewer actors because someone in charge wants to find a place for a preferred actor/friend on the show - rather than creating a role and THEN finding the actor to work in that role. 

Edited by Aurora2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I actually thought the plot of the wedding was that Sam was going to back out. She looked like a total wreck and I thought KM was playing/acting as if Sam didn't really want to marry Drew at that moment. She wants to be his wife but the way it was playing out it looked like she wanted to back out. Then all of the sudden they exchanged vows (where she looked like she was having a breakdown) and, then they came back from commerical and everyone was toasting the couple and then they were in bed getting to business.

I thought she seemed pass-out nervous in the bedroom, but then when she was saying her vows she seemed happy and all-in.  Par for the course with this show, I guess.

Also, forgot to add "STFU, Spinelli!" to my last post.  The way he came running onto the bridge with his news like he was in a Shakespearean play was predictable and oh-so-annoying.

10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Actual Anders Hove - not just hands or a wig - is screaming at Dr. O in the previews.

Although, the wig did a great job. It was simply riveting. Also, a special mention needs to go to those skinny cigars. I haven't seen them since Alexis smoked them on Dynasty in the 80's.

Condescending Mansplaining Jackass: "I know you're Robin's mom, and I respect that.... but you're just a frail woman who could never deal with the likes of Faison. I'm going to take over your operation and bring him down myself, because....."

(Anna walks outside, calls RF!S from Genoa City, and tells him to use the full force of the WSB to divert Sonny's investigation.)

Anna: (self-fistpump) Boo-ya.

(Okay, I might have imagined that last part....)

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 1

Now I just worry what kind of BS they're going to come up with to put Sam back with Jason.

I worry about how the Jasons/Sam are going to be even more boring/lazy than they already have been.  Is there any coffee on the set?

RE: Sam

I think her odd looks were partly to create suspense that she would stop the wedding.  Or Jasus stopping the wedding given the Spinelli cry fest.  But I also believe it's because they wanted to play up, "is she making the honest choice?"   I guess we'll see on the latter.  I do believe she will reunite with Jason but it won't be very "honest" either.  

Edited by Hater
16 hours ago, LillyB said:

Spin, I believe that Drew also respects Sam, too.

I got something in my eyes when Monica offered to adopt Drew.

dammit, I haven't even seen that yet, but I just got something in my eye from reading this!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

However, are you saying that NONE of those new core family members should be characters long-lost to those families???

Of course new characters have to be brought on. But they don't have to be long-lost family members. It's okay to create brand-new characters and families. But GH would rather bring on long-lost family members than write for the existing ones. Which is somewhat ironic, given that the writers are counting on the relationship to the existing characters to do the heavy lifting for the new characters. 

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Condescending Mansplaining Jackass: "I know you're Robin's mom, and I respect that.... but you're just a frail woman who could never deal with the likes of Faison. I'm going to take over your operation and bring him down myself, because....."

Ugh, I wanted Anna to punch Sonny in the nuts for that. Sonny has exactly zero experience with Faison. Anna has decades. But of course Sonny knows better. FFS.

Unless he was just being extra syllable-swallowing yesterday, Drew called Monica "Mom" during the adoption discussion. <sniffle>  If Cain is an orphanage surname he doesn't remember anyway, I don't see why he couldn't change it to Quartermaine -- we'll see.

I carry more about Genie than the mayoral storyline, but my pettiness can certainly take the time to fume it's bullshit that she couldn't get elected mayor, and then just be seen less often. Having her not be able to be elected and save Charles Street is feces on the cake. 

• Love 1

@LillyB -- I interviewed Bradford Anderson after his first NYC solo fan event (thanks, Debby O'Connor!), and his normal speaking voice is lower-pitched than his Spinelli speak. I found him to be intelligent, funny, and very down to earth. He had his mom, stepdad, and a couple of siblings with him, and they were also lovely. He graduated from the NYU drama program and is a few years older than his appearance would have you think. Yes, Spinelli may be more grating than enjoyable these days, but Anderson was a delight.*

*DISCLAIMER: the interview took place 10 to 12 years ago, so he may now be a dork like his character, but I doubt it.

Again, there's inconsistencies in the Faison/Dr. O retcon.  If what Dr. O claimed on Friday is true - that Faison would not have cared about any child, even if a son,, if he was not Anna's, which we know from his treatment of Britt and the other son *coughPeterAugust*cough - why is he all hocked off about Dr. O keeping Nathan from him?  GAH!

Hey, Britt got to make an appearance!  ...as a picture on a board at the police station (which, prop fail, should have been a mug shot since she's, you know, in jail).

Lulu is the worst.

• Love 1

Charles Street is the new Ask Man Landers in that everyone won't stop talking about it and I still can't find a reason to care. The smug superiority emanating from Alexis can go away any time now. She can disagree with Ned without throwing that kind of attitude at him.

I appreciated Dante's interested examination of Faison's picture for any resemblance to Nathan, as well as Nathan tacking up a blank sheet of paper in lieu of his brother's picture. Liesl's line about Faison's years of abductions helping him craft the perfect knot was good, too. It's always nice when I can laugh at this show because it's genuinely funny and not because it's ridiculous.

Welp, Lulu, I hope blowing off the cat story and walking directly into the den of a felon is everything you wanted and more. Go ahead and dazzle Faison with your journalistic profundities, I'm sure he'll be very impressed.

• Love 1

Metastatement  of the day...Ned "If there's anything Port Charles needs,  it's more doctors. "

I'm really going to miss Laura but if she has to be gone it's a satisfying swerve to Alexis given her history with Ned. And finally Molly has stopped being prissy about Ned, although I did like Alexis' reference to the end of the world.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is Faison in today's ep? Yesterday I finally decided to cancel my series recording, but if Faison is on today then I'm gonna have to rethink my decision.

I'm rewatching their scenes now. Even if you hate Obrecht,  Kathleen Gati and Anders Hove  can act. I genuinely felt her fear. But please Faison,  put Lulu into a coma.

Obrecht: Do what you want with me but leave our son alone.

Faison: I did what I wanted with you, that's why we have a son.

When he doesn't have to write Carson and Jason plots, Lucky Gold is quite a good writer.

4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

(Anna walks outside, calls RF!S from Genoa City, and tells him to use the full force of the WSB to divert Sonny's investigation.)

Anna: (self-fistpump) Boo-ya.

(Okay, I might have imagined that last part....)

Close

She had Robert divert the emails to her instead and keep Sonny out of it. Good guess.

Edited by statsgirl
autocorrect strikes again
  • Love 1

Charles Street is the new Ask Man Landers in that everyone won't stop talking about it and I still can't find a reason to care. The smug superiority emanating from Alexis can go away any time now. She can disagree with Ned without throwing that kind of attitude at him.

Yesterday when Laura was all "you have to preserve all the pre-1930's buildings, my thought was "great call--let's save all the worst buildings with the most problems and then bitch and moan that the city has to pay to get them to code.  Great use of funds."  Guess I'm the enemy.

Welp, Lulu, I hope blowing off the cat story and walking directly into the den of a felon is everything you wanted and more. Go ahead and dazzle Faison with your journalistic profundities, I'm sure he'll be very impressed.

God, Brenda Starr is insufferable.  

• Love 1

Lulu really is insufferable. She's junior reporter with no training and thinks she can just blow off the story her editor assigned her and go over his/her head to the big boss. At least Peter made her stay on the cat story  and look for  Faison on her own time. So of course she immediately heads over to Spoon Island.

Only Lulu could find nothing sharp in a rack room.

I liked Anna  realising that Peter didn't want to help the WSB and wondering why.

I am so happy to see Faison!  He's evil, and he's menacing, and he's dangerous.  He'd scare the living daylights out of me in real life.  Sonny?  Not so much. 

I agree with everyone else who said they miss JMB as Lulu.  She was spunky, but she was also able to be vulnerable.  ER doesn't really do vulnerable - she comes across as more ditzy than vulnerable.

I am so sad that Genie Francis is gone.  I'm a little confused as to why they had her in the whole run-for-mayor storyline if she was going to be dropped to recurring.  Because while she may not (or may, I have no idea) have known she was going to be dropped, wouldn't the writers have been told in advance?  It seems really ridiculous to put in her a building storyline and then go "oops, sorry, gotta go to France".

I only read a recap so far, so maybe I've gotten something wrong, but did it really occur only to Lulu that Faison would be at Wyndemere? She's smart enough to figure that out but not take some darn pepper spray with her. (Although really, everyone in Port Charles should have a weapon on them.)

But given staircases are high on the list of menaces in town, I guess a lot of the time it wouldn't be of much use. It would be funny to see someone spraying it at a staircase though.

I’m not sure I’ve ever watched anyone more dumb than Lulu on any TV show or movie or YouTube or anything. What the hell is wrong with this girl? And why doesn’t she have custody of any of her children? Oh, and I just hate her hair. 

I don't think he's a bad actor but the last few episodes have been owned by Laura, Anna, Alexis and Liesl, honorable mention to Kevin and Ned.  What a shocker.

1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Lulu are you stupid enough to think that if you did run into Faison, he would sit down with you and give you an interview.

Apparently.  She thinks she's the only way he can get his story out to the world.

But then, she's not the only stupid one since all of PCPD failed to think about searching the place he hid out the last time he was in town.

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Lulu are you stupid enough to think that if you did run into Faison, he would sit down with you and give you an interview.

I actually think she was stupid enough to think that if she found him at Windemere that he'd sit and wait for her to call Dante to come and arrest him.  

23 hours ago, Perkie said:

But here's the sticking point for me.  Yes Sam thought Drew was Jason (and for all intents and purposes, he was until SBu decided to come back).  And yet, during that time, he wasn't behaving in a Jason fashion.  He did everything humanly possible to distance himself from Sonny and the business, though he kept getting dragged back in.  He talked to Sam about moving to a smaller, quieter, less violent town and they made plans but she changed her mind because she couldn't leave the coven behind.  And from the time they were married, Sam was his number one.  Not Sonny.  Not Carly.  Not Michael.  Sam.  

So while she might have gone into the relationship because she thought he was THE Jason, the relationship changed and she fell in love with the NEW Jason, which in essence, is Drew.  While I think she will always love Jason, she's no longer IN love with Jason.  She's IN love with Drew.  

If that's the case, then it's a really dumb way to end things.

Laura:  "Hey Alexis, I think you should run for mayor"

Gone to France.  

wuh?  

YES!  They had that whole mess about Sam being willing to kill Sonny to get "Jason" away from him and the mob business so, to me, the perfect solution is for her to be with Drew who is, more or less, Jason without mob stuff.  It follows the former storylines for her quite nicely.  It's stupid that Sonny and Carly, et al, keep telling her she doesn't need to "sacrifice" her happiness because she really loves Jason and just feels sorry for Drew. 

1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I am so happy to see Faison!  He's evil, and he's menacing, and he's dangerous.  He'd scare the living daylights out of me in real life.  Sonny?  Not so much. 

I agree with everyone else who said they miss JMB as Lulu.  She was spunky, but she was also able to be vulnerable.  ER doesn't really do vulnerable - she comes across as more ditzy than vulnerable.

I am so sad that Genie Francis is gone.  I'm a little confused as to why they had her in the whole run-for-mayor storyline if she was going to be dropped to recurring.  Because while she may not (or may, I have no idea) have known she was going to be dropped, wouldn't the writers have been told in advance?  It seems really ridiculous to put in her a building storyline and then go "oops, sorry, gotta go to France".

And what an important quality - this vulnerability that Julie was able to bring to Lulu.   Lulu has always had times when she got into messes because she too impulsively jumped into situations.   She has always had annoying moments.   But Julie was able to balance these less than stellar times for her character with a vulnerability which could help me understand her and care about her.   I have yet to be able to do that with the current Lulu.  

3 hours ago, Perkie said:
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I actually think she was stupid enough to think that if she found him at Windemere that he'd sit and wait for her to call Dante to come and arrest him.  

How the HELL is this Luke Spencer's daughter????

ETA: I've gotten a kick out of Faison for nearly 40 years now, but AH looks too old to scare anybody.  And I say that as on old gray-hair myself, lol.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Grammar