Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

They made Robert and Anna look soooo dumb to get out of it ("Robert paid a guy to make sure he was still in there, the hole under the house where I allowed my granddaughter to hang out, so I never bothered checking on him once after Robert left town!").  Gawd, and then Duke using it to justify his stabbing Anna in the back in favor of Sonny.  GRRR.

I do think this is probably it for Faison as he gives rise to this other son *coughPeterAugustcough*, who will probably be as lukewarm an antagonist as Valentin.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, ulkis said:

FH was also excellent today at conveying Anna's resigned dread that her life will never be free from Faison's shadow. 

I wish Faison and Anna could speak the hell up so I could hear what they said. 

• Love 3

I about lost it when Nathan wrote "Henrik" while saying Heinrich, and they cut to DZ standing there with a straight face. Genius to the end.

I'm only bothering watching this for the Faison/Anna scenes these few days. I assume Wes Ramsey's character - if he hangs around - will be another tortured, sad villain/antihero in the Valentin/Franco mold. Maybe he'll be Alex's kid, who knows. It's so stupid.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I assume Wes Ramsey's character - if he hangs around

Oh he's on contract, he's hanging around. #eyeroll

I do think Alex is going to be Heinrik/Heinrich/Heinz Ketchup's mother, that that will be the twist.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Yeah, unless something happens between LW and him and she demands he go. I guess I'm a cynic, but I don't see it working out.

19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But but but, Anna is apparently helpless to kill Faison, just like Mama Corinthos was unable to defend herself against his stepfather, and now Sonny must step in and save this helpless woman!

what the . . . 

I did see the previews and groaned. Yes, Sonny always steps away when he's too personally involved.

• Love 1

There's so many things I find unacceptable right now. Like, how did Nathan, a beefy human standee only hired for Frank and Ron to drool over when Bradford Anderson refused to re-sign, last on this show for over five years? How was such a non-dimensional character allowed to actually marry Maxie? And how on Earth is Maxie pregnant with kid #2 by this dude when kid #1 shouldn't even have happened?

This is my thing: I have no sense of Lulu and Maxie being actual mothers to children. I forget they exist constantly, and when I remember it just seems wrong. The children seem like accessories because they are, to the plot. They feel utterly inorganic to the characters we've watched for decades, because the women never had much time to be full-fledged adult women without them. And for both of them to have two is just ridiculous.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do think this is probably it for Faison as he gives rise to this other son *coughPeterAugustcough*, who will probably be as lukewarm an antagonist as Valentin.

If Peter cries less than Valentin, that's a plus right there.

27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, unless something happens between LW and him and she demands he go. I guess I'm a cynic, but I don't see it working out.

You shut your dirty whore mouth! They have a love that is forever strong and eternal!

• Love 7
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

I would like to see Kiki have a little more than that; that's pretty much what she has been doing so far. She's in her twenties on a soap, give her a romance.

Eh. I'm no longer actively rooting for her to DIAF but I'm not interested in watching her in a story either. And I genuinely dread the prospect of FV casting a love interest for her

• Love 1

I think it's very plausible for the kid to be Alex's. When you come down to it, much of Alex's life was spent as a brainwashed/whatever agent for a nefarious terror organization. She was for a number of years - like Drew - trained and made to believe she was Anna Devane in order to operate on the organization's behalf under that identity. She was never terribly stable on AMC, was prone to flashbacks and mental confusion over this, PTSD, etc. They vanquished her evil mother (Samantha Eggar!) and she moved on to a happy life with Dimitri, but she had still spent years living someone else's violent and dangerous life.

I'm making this shit sound a lot more interesting than it was - it was one of Jean Passanante's worst stories ever, needlessly convoluted as part of a weird rewrite when ABC barred them from letting Alex actually be Anna after all (which she shouldn't have been anyway, IMO). That period was the nadir of AMC for me because of many stories, and the Alex spy saga was so off-brand for the show and out of place. Anyway, my point is, Alex lived a weird funhouse mirror supervillain version of Anna's life for years in her backstory. It makes sense to me that she would still be unstable and prone to turning evil as she did, though they still should've discussed it onscreen. It also fits for me that she could've consorted with Faison, possibly while posing as Anna. Which... oh, that's gross. But no, plausible or not this story still shouldn't happen.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Eh. I'm no longer actively rooting for her to DIAF but I'm not interested in watching her in a story either. And I genuinely dread the prospect of FV casting a love interest for her

It's kinda ridiculous to me that, with Dillon gone, her only option is whatever they're hinting at with Griffin, who's in a different age group than her, whose love interest is her mother, who is in a different age group than him.

But I think the only "young romance" Frank cares about is Oscar and Joss, a.k.a. Starr and Cole 2.0.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Kiki and Griffin are two unbelievably boring people. I look at the show and I don't just know how it got here. I feel like at least half of the canvas is just sinking into late ATWT minimum effort land while FV focuses all his energies on his faves. Like the Case for Franco Part 52.

Ava and Franco sitting around talking about turning over new leaves was some weird fucking shit when you remember exactly how they came on the show together (and still have the most chemistry with each other). That was another Twilight Zone moment for me, like when I stopped watching regularly in... was it 2015? After Ron got fired, Jean took the show into Boresville superfast and I quit. But before that, we had Ava as Denise, we had Nina, Franco and Ric, we had Who Killed Silas with Donna Mills and it was all so bizarre and out of place. This is like that. These characters are not in any way what the show is trying so hard to say they are. They are villains. Bob Guza, for all his flaws, would know that.

Also, having another story where Ava is getting heated over her own daughter and some dick is so embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is it nitpicking to say Nathan has just past his fourth year on the show?

Oh wait - you're right, my bad. I kept thinking he came on in '13 but he didn't, it was '14. Still!

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel like we saw Lulu and Maxie be adult women, but that's my fault for watching more of this ridiculousfest lol. 

I mean, barely IMO. I'm talking about pre-Frank and Ron, before they started popping out babies. They went from Crimson to capers to married/babies. I don't think we got to see them live much life beyond making a family. And Maxie still behaves like an adolescent despite being on kid #2. Lulu just turned into a soccer mom overnight.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, jsbt said:

They went from Crimson to capers to married/babies.

What else is there for the wimmins? Did you really expect them to be individuals with hopes and dreams for themselves?

I get that relationships and health issues create drama, but it's so insulting that it's always the women who bear the brunt of that. You rarely have a story about a man who's infertile. No, the men shoot super sperm. It's insulting when more than one-third of infertility problems are solely due to the man.

• Love 8

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kiki's that great or anything, but since she's here they might as well use her. I'd rather watch her than emmy pre-nominated Oscar and Joss.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I get it, but it's the principle of the thing. If you made me choose between Kiki and anthrax I'd probably choose her too but that doesn't make her worth watching.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I really wish they would take FINALLY acknowledging that Kiki and TJ are both going to medical school and have become study buddies and run with it.  Build a younger group around that.

And yeah, I don't hate Kiki in a fiery way anymore, but I'd swap her for Serena in a second.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I get it, but it's the principle of the thing. If you made me choose between Kiki and anthrax I'd probably choose her too but that doesn't make her worth watching.

But would you choose Nelle over anthrax?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Did you know LW put up a picture on instagram of underwear he gave her? L'amour!

And don't forget her #ThisisUs hashtag on every pic of the two of them. 

If Peter cries less than Valentin, that's a plus right there.

What's the betting line on this?  Because he looked like he peed his pants yesterday when he saw Faison.

• Love 4

Anders Hove is great and all, but they can't keep this Faison shit going forever. They've gone to the well too many times. When I saw that scene the other day my first thought was "Keith Richards is pissed!"

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You shut your dirty whore mouth! They have a love that is forever strong and eternal!

Did you know LW put up a picture on instagram of underwear he gave her? L'amour!

See?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They made Robert and Anna look soooo dumb to get out of it ("Robert paid a guy to make sure he was still in there, the hole under the house where I allowed my granddaughter to hang out, so I never bothered checking on him once after Robert left town!").  Gawd, and then Duke using it to justify his stabbing Anna in the back in favor of Sonny.  GRRR.

I had literally blocked that out, thank you very much. 

I'm torn with watching. On the one hand, Anna and Faison.

On the other ... what's this about Laura's boyfriend playing Anna's son? Insert Clue "flames. flames on the side of my head" gif. 

You know, someone message or tweet me when they: 1) re-cast Laura's panties paramour; and 2) reveal that it's actually Tanker Baby(TM) after all. 

• Love 2

Aw, geez . . . Lucas just told his mom and Snarly that he and offscreen Brad want to adopt. I fear I can already see what baby they'll be bulldozed into choosing. No! No! No! 

• Love 3

Are there babies to be adopted?  I was thinking that Brad and Lucas would adopt an older child or foster. Since birth control, there are fewer babies up for adoption.

22 hours ago, ulkis said:

Didn't Obrecht say Faison sent him to boarding school? Faison probably doesn't know what he looks like.

Yes. His mother abandoned him and Faison sent him to boarding school. Poor kid, no wonder he grew up evil.

If Alex was the child's mother, would Faison have got rid of him in boarding school?  I think more likely he would have kept the kid around and pretended it was Anna's and not Alex's.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's kinda ridiculous to me that, with Dillon gone, her only option is whatever they're hinting at with Griffin, who's in a different age group than her, whose love interest is her mother, who is in a different age group than him.

There is also Nik, if he ever comes back. And Peter August if he doesn't turn into a villain.  But both of those are older guys and may be needed for Maxie.  Griffin is an older guy too. There really is no one on the show who is Kiki's age other than Michael, who she's already gone through, and TJ who is in one of the few stable relationships the show has with Molly.

It really shows how ridiculously understaffed the twenties crowd on this show is.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Are there babies to be adopted?  I was thinking that Brad and Lucas would adopt an older child or foster. Since birth control, there are fewer babies up for adoption.

As I said in the Wishlist thread, it would be super soapy if Lucas and Brad ended up with the Dr. Michael Easton/Rebecca Budig baby.

• Love 6

Why was Nathan not wearing a bulletproof vest? Just so we could have the super-soapy moment where father shoots son without knowing he is the son, this time leading to death?

I can see it coming already that everyone is going to blame Lulu for Nathan's death, and Nina will act like this somehow is equal to Valentin murdering Nikolas. Blech.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

Okay, I know I am very much in the minority, but I am not happy that they killed of Nathan.  Was he the strongest actor in the cast?  No.  But he was a character with almost no relation or interaction with Sonny.  He also was pretty easy on the eyes and his relationship with Maxie was actually one I enjoyed (when they let KS do comedy rather than act exclusively like an airhead). He was one of the few characters on GH who was a genuinlely decent person, was rather attractive, and had hilarious interactions with his mom. Plus, the man was hot (did I already say that?).

• Love 11

I'd say that grinning like a fool while bleeding out from the chest solidifies Ryan's Paevey's legacy of bad acting choices. Seriously, what was that? At least try to act like you're in shock and pain, dude, come on now.

I barely had time to enjoy Faison holding a gun on Carly before Super Jason swooped in and pulled out that miraculous shot. And then he acted all humble about it, like it's no big deal that this private citizen is such a skilled marksman he can decide to shoot to kill or shoot to seriously wound without any care for the law.

Not that I didn't appreciate those flashbacks, but of course Anna is alone with her thoughts and away from the action while the men take charge. Fuck Sonny for insisting everything be done by his rules.

Peter is Henrik, Ben is Glory, yawn, whatever.

• Love 6

Scattered LUCAS (WHO?)!!!! thoughts:

- I didn't understand why Bobbie acted so shocked about the adoption news given we saw Valerie inappropriately share that gossip a few months ago, but they did loop around and refer to that.

- Oh Lucas, do you really want a character reference from a mob moll?

- Bobbie mentioned Tony, aw.  If they do get a kid, I want it to be a boy they name Tony.

- It was nice seeing Lucas do some doctoring.  But there was no acknowledgement that Maxie is his cousin and he's now operating on her husband, yes?

- Finally, I find the show's handling of Lucas and Brad adopting - that we didn't get to hear on-screen why Lucas changed his mind about kids after he said ON-SCREEN that he wasn't sure about starting a family due to Julian, that we haven't seen Lucas and Brad together the entire time this has been a thing, that Brad wouldn't be part of telling his husband's mom and sister this news about THEIR family, etc. - pretty lame.

ETA...apparently, Lucas doesn't get to be in two episodes in a row because, in the previews, Griffin's the one working on Nathan.  I would love to think he gets yanked because of the family connection, but I doubt it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I said in the Wishlist thread, it would be super soapy if Lucas and Brad ended up with the Dr. Michael Easton/Rebecca Budig baby.

I live in fear that they are going to have some storyline where Nelle's baby is taken somehow and that is who Lucas and Brad end up with leading to Carly being torn between her mom/Lucas and Michael.  Not all that torn, of course, since we know for sure who she would side with.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Okay, I know I am very much in the minority, but I am not happy that they killed of Nathan.  Was he the strongest actor in the cast?  No.  But he was a character with almost no relation or interaction with Sonny.  He also was pretty easy on the eyes and his relationship with Maxie was actually one I enjoyed (when they let KS do comedy rather than act exclusively like an airhead). He was one of the few characters on GH who was a genuinlely decent person, was rather attractive, and had hilarious interactions with his mom. Plus, the man was hot (did I already say that?).

Re Nathan, I understand that it was Ryan Paevey's choice to leave.  

33 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I can see it coming already that everyone is going to blame Lulu for Nathan's death.

Her horrible journalism-ing is a little to blame, IMO.  I kinda hope Dr. O swears eternal vengeance on her.

But in all seriousness, I hope Maxie is furious with her for a while.  That would be compelling soap, not them patching over it immediately like they always do.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Ben is Glory

Wait, what?!?!?!?

LOL at Sonny "monitoring everything from the car." Way to take action, pal.

13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

- Oh Lucas, do you really want a character reference from a mob moll?

Do family normally give recommendations?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Her horrible journalism-ing is a little to blame, IMO.  I kinda hope Dr. O swears eternal vengeance on her.

But in all seriousness, I hope Maxie is furious with her for a while.  That would be compelling soap, not them patching over it immediately like they always do.

What would also be compelling soap - compelling for this show, at least - is if it turned out that Faison wasn't Nathan's father.

All they have is Liesl's word, not a DNA test. All they know (and I use the term know loosely) is that Nathan West is of no biological relation to Victor Cassadine.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yep.  And Lulu SHOULD feel guilty.  She replaced her baby rabies with reporter ones and now her best friend's husband is dead.  Let her stew on that for a bit.

• Love 6

Family recommendations don't count, the assumption is that they're biased.

Carly is the stupidest who ever stupided, and I say that on a show that has Lulu. (Is it the Spencer genes?)  Instead of calling the police, she calls Sonny and Jason.  She tells Faison she would "rather die" than show him a way out.  Good thing she finally thought to tell the ambulance crew there were shots upstairs after they were taking Faison away.

I hate that St. Jasus was the one to take down Faison when Anna and Robert couldn't.

Why does Sonny get to "call the shots" while Super Spy Anna is left alone to brood  I did like the flashbacks though.  We were all so young then.

Why didn't Maxie tell Faison that if he kills her baby, he would be killing the grandchild with his genius genes.  Poor Maxie, she's had enough tragedy in her life.  I vote the show gets rid of Carly, Jason and Sonny and use the money to keep  younger characters.

I like Alexis' and Finn's friendship scenes. Keep them as friends, show.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What would also be compelling soap - compelling for this show, at least - is if it turned out that Faison wasn't Nathan's father.

All they have is Liesl's word, not a DNA test. All they know (and I use the term know loosely) is that Nathan West is of no biological relation to Victor Cassadine.

...why would that be compelling?  It doesn't change Lulu's culpability in this chain of events.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

...why would that be compelling?  It doesn't change Lulu's culpability in this chain of events.

True. Lulu started this mess. But at least Faison not being Nathan's father would be interesting.

How they pivoted Anna out and Sonny/Carly/Jason into the climax of the Faison story was really everything wrong with this show in a nutshell.  I did appreciate Faison saying that he didn't fear "street thugs", hee.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18

"All due respect—I know I've said that a lot to you lately." Yeah, and you didn't mean it every time you said that to Anna, Sonny. Gah. He's such a condescending prick. It's so absurd that Sonny, of all people, is taking point on capturing Faison, a man he has absolutely zero experience with. I wouldn't mind it if the show acknowledged it was ridiculous, but the great and mighty Sonny Corinthos is the only savior, along with Jason Morgan, of course, that Port Charles has.

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Poor Maxie. First, she lost her cop boyfriend to a bullet/death; now her husband.

And she gets to repeat what Olivia yelled at Sonny when he shot Dante: "You shot your own son!" Way to be original, GH.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Family recommendations don't count, the assumption is that they're biased.

That's what I thought. I guess family recommendations might show there is family support for the baby.

• Love 3
Just now, dubbel zout said:

That's what I thought. I guess family recommendations might show there is family support for the baby.

Whether they count or don't, would you really want a letter from "Mrs. Corinthos" in your file?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Whether they count or don't, would you really want a letter from "Mrs. Corinthos" in your file?

I'd love a scene with the adoption agency seeing it and walking directly to the shredder with it.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"All due respect—I know I've said that a lot to you lately." Yeah, and you didn't mean it every time you said that to Anna, Sonny. Gah. He's such a condescending prick. It's so absurd that Sonny, of all people, is taking point on capturing Faison, a man he has absolutely zero experience with. I wouldn't mind it if the show acknowledged it was ridiculous, but the great and mighty Sonny Corinthos is the only savior, along with Jason Morgan, of course, that Port Charles has.

This pisses me off to NO END. Rage BLACK OUTS! Gimme some of your Xanax, @dubbel zout!!!

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And she gets to repeat what Olivia yelled at Sonny when he shot Dante: "You shot your own son!" Way to be original, GH.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Poor Maxie. First, she lost her cop boyfriend to a bullet/death; now her husband.

Maxie had two boyfriends who were cops, Jessie and Cooper, both were murdered.  Now she is pregnant and losing Nathan. Poor Maxie indeed.  He is not the father, but we know Mac will be the best grandpa/male role model for Maxie's baby.  Mac is the best dad on soaps.  He is always there for his girls.

Just a quick poll.  How many of us were pissed that Faison did not shoot Carly between the eyes?

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 16